[CLOSED!] Sailing in the Stars: The Beginning [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hearthridge

Original poster
The Prelude

Members of the RP are welcome to join our group here!

Welcome everyone to the OOC and Recruitment thread of Sailing in the Stars, a Sci-Fi exploration roleplay that aims to explore the cosmos. Here you will find a variety of personalities, species and planets; as well as some things that you may not want to experience. Have you ever dealt with the Drelok from Sigma Chi-13? You don't want to.

Originally started by Egglegg under the banner of Sailing in the Sky, the game floundered due to internal reasons and Egglegg herself had quit the site without any word. I aim to revitalize it and give it a new direction, one that is driven equally by myself and the players. That means that you, the player, will be able to influence the game through both your actions and your ideas.

Here we will be following the lives of the crew members aboard the Belarus, a multi-purpose frigate owned by Captain Maya Onasi, the founder of Belarus Enterprises.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This game is open to all ages, and as such is subject to all age-related rules. Any sexual themes may be hinted at in game but if anything beyond that is desired, they must be taken to PM's. Additionally, no teen players can interact as such with adult players, as per Iwaku rules and regulations. This game has the potential to become graphic due to the nature of my playstyle, so if that is of consequence to you, please make note of that on your application and I will do my best to accommodate you.
A Brief History of the Universe, et al.

It has been many years since Humanity has spread out among the cosmos. In the toils of human greed, enemies were made of the galaxy's sentient inhabitants but over time, humanity sobered up and adopted a more humble approach to the universe.

The year is 2617 and tech varies by species. Some opt for more archaic arms while others prefer more 'modern.' To keep things into perspective, guns we use today are considered archaic in this universe and plasma weapons (or other energy-based weapons) are considered modern.

Ships are big and very expensive. If you own a ship, that is a sign of your own personal wealth...or you stole it. Either or. Equate a fighter-sized ship to the price of a house and capital ships to multi-million dollar estates. You can, however, rent ships instead of purchasing.
Holobox Advertisement
Good Morning, Freelancers. Are you tired of feeling like you have nothing to do? Do you feel underappreciated in the work you complete? Well, here at Belarus Enterprises, we give credit where credit is due! We offer a comprehensive work program that comes with benefits, which include but are not limited to: nano-surgery liability, identity-theft protection, and many more! You are guaranteed your own room aboard our fleet of ships and you even have your choice of vessel, based on your application! So, do you think you will feel more like a freelancer instead of a slavelancer? If so, visit Belarus Enterprises on the Quantum Web and apply today!
hffp://mmm.belarusenterprises.jpg/info/employment/redirect_page/sent
##AUTOMATED RESPONSE!:
Good Morning, Applicant! We at Belarus Enterprises would like to thank you for expressing you interest in our company! Belarus Enterprises thrives on the support of people like you and without your help, we would not be the pillar of success we are today! If you are seeking employment with Belarus Enterprises, please fill out the attached form below and press the 'BEE' button at the bottom of the page! Thank you!
##END RESPONSE!
Name:
Species: (Is your species not on here? Please tell us all about your kind!)
Appearance:
Position Applying For:
Personality: (Any hostile personalities does not immediately exclude you from the application process, under Article 37-C of the Right To Work Clause as issued by the Galactic Council on ##Earth Standard: 1/4/2612!)
History: (Any past infractions does not immediately exclude you from the application process, under Article 37-C of the Right To Work Clause as issued by the Galactic Council on ##Earth Standard: 1/4/2612!)
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:
##WARNING!: All fields marked with (*) MUST be filled in or your application could be rejected!
##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
I, the undersigned, hereby state that all information filled in above is truthful and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that false information could lead to my immediate disqualification of employment and acknowledge that I am not allowed to pursue legal action against Belarus Enterprises as such.
Signature: ______________________ Date: _______
  • Are you finished with your application? Please double-check all you have entered to make sure it is correct! When you are done, please press the 'BEE' button to submit your work!
  • Thank you for submitting your application to Belarus Enterprises! We will contact you soon to determine your eligibility in our work force! Thank you and have a nice day!
The Crew of the Belarus
Jack Nolan Doctor/Researcher
Captain Maya Onasi Captain of the Belarus
Mari 4 Engineer/Soldier
Vix Ship Bio-Organic AI
Feng Mercenary
Gabe Sinclair General Crew
Bariu Envoy for the Vatani
Milos Linguist/Cultural Analyst
Apollonia Mess Officer
Erin Doctor
Marcus Engineer
Chiara Ship Navigator
Ghato Security Chief
Dutch Surgeon
The Belarus
The_Orion_by_MeckanicalMind_zpsujxz9qdw.jpg
A Final Note

This game will go LIVE on February 25, a Wednesday. All threads associated with the Old Sailing in the Sky RP will be requested pruning to make things less confusing for people.

Additionally, if you are an interested person and wish to partake in this RP somewhere down the line if a spot opens up, express your interest and I'll let you know when there is an opening!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Jack Nolan
Species: Human
Appearance: Five foot nine, one-seventy in weight with a slim build. Brown hair, steel grey eyes and "Midwest" complexion. He has a full beard and mustache and wears glasses. Often seen wearing little more than street-wear and a black, wool coat (because I have one in real life and it's snazzy).
Position Applying For: Research Coordinator
Personality: Disassociative Identities, Logic Oriented, Close minded, Soft spoken
History: Ever since Jack was a little boy, he had loved cutting things open and finding what makes them tick. So, in his high school days attending New Haven Academy on Planet Manhattan in the New York system, he took every class available for both human anatomy and xeno anatomy. In his junior year, he published a thesis statement on comparative anatomies between humans and the primal R'yleh species of Drak'nor V and how humanity could integrate the cellular regeneration of the species into humanity to treat memory loss without the use of nanites and memory retrieval. Since his years in high school, he rose to the top of Manhattan University and got his doctorate in Xeno Biology and became a freelance scientist to further his own goals.
Strengths: Xenobiology, Anatomy and Physiology, Strategy Games
Weaknesses: Anything and everything physical, aversion to large crowds, apathetic in stressful situations
Other: Schizophrenic, manic mood swings
##WARNING!: All fields marked with (*) MUST be filled in or your application could be rejected!
##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
I, the undersigned, hereby state that all information filled in above is truthful and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that false information could lead to my immediate disqualification of employment and acknowledge that I am not allowed to pursue legal action against Belarus Enterprises as such.
Signature: Jack Nolan Date: 09/27/2617

igor_bulygin_02.jpg

Name: Captain Maya Onasi
Species: Human
Appearance: Heavily modified body due to heavy cyber and bio-tech upgrades. Star-shaped outline of a burn over her right eye. No one knows where it came from as her story changes every time. Considering the suit she has is grafted onto her body, she generally doesnt wear any clothes so to speak. In formal occasions or when in public, off of her ship, she will be seen sporting a trenchcoat.
Personality: Hard Case, Structured, Business Oriented, Hard to Earn her Trust, Strong Ally
History: Captain Maya prior to the founding of Belarus Enterprises was a EOD tech with the United Human Defense Force, based on Delgar IV. She had enlisted in the service right out of the colonial academy at the tender age of 18 with the intent of becoming a R.A.N.G.E.R. but was instead selected for EOD training. She found a home in this field and served in it until she had nearly died at the age of 48 due to a micro-fission device. When she was disarming the device on the engine of a Star Reaver class Dreadnought (codenamed the Vixen), placed there by radical terrorists, an electric shockwave went through the entirety of the engineering bay, detonating the device. Technically, she had died that day but was resuscitated and placed in a bio-tank for three months. The majority of her body was destroyed in the blast and as such, her internal organs had to be regrown and the Military built her an exo-skeleton as a way of saying "We're sorry you survived that explosion."

After several years, and with her rehabilitation complete, she left the service. One of the effects the event had and the subsequent rebuilding of her body, is that she no longer ages as a normal human.

Twenty years after her leaving of the military, she started up Belarus Enterprises, a small, freelance cargo operation. It was so named after the name of the captain of the Dreadnought she nearly died on three decades prior. Over the next sixty plus years, Belarus Enterprises has become one of the most prominent human-controlled businesses in the Milky Way.
Strengths: Disarming Explosives, Swordplay, Slugthrowers, Economically Savvy, Commanding
Weaknesses: Fear of Explosives, Anti-Cyber-tech activists
Other: Multi-Octillionaire, carries slugthrower firearms

Last edited by a moderator:
osaki_nana_by_claresnape-d5rsy6v.jpg

Name: Mari 4
Species: Humanoid Clone (actual species unknown)
Appearance: 5'9" tall, short black hair, slim
Position Applying For: Engineer, or any available/needed position
Personality: Flirty, friendly, adventurous
Back Story: Mari 4 was the 4th of over 1000 clones at a merchant's shipbuilding factory orbiting Mars. At approximately 17 years of age, she became self aware, broke out of the factory and escaped to Earth. She gained admission to the Japan Self Defense Force Academy, majoring in Aerospace Engineering. Her career in the Self Defense Force was cut short after four years when she was dishonorably discharged for being involved in an affair with her Commanding Officer, a married man who managed to keep his position.
Strengths: Courageous, focused on mission, caring, military sharp, versatile and experienced in managing ship utility systems and engines.
Weaknesses: Gets distracted (especially by good-looking men), will break rules when she thinks it's okay, emotional at times, tries too hard to succeed or stand out at times.
Other: As one of over 1000 clones, at times Mari 4 finds herself struggling to prove her value as an individual, even when her worth is not in question. She sometimes tries too hard to stand out, when she's not focused on her job, or a guy. When she's daydreaming, her thoughts run to the place she escaped from, her 1000 sisters she left behind, and that she has no memory of her parents/lineage. She is always referred to as "Mari" by friends and colleagues, but she insists on referring to herself as "Mari 4", likely in tribute to her origin.

##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:

Signature: Mari 4 Date: 09/28/2617

osaki_nana_by_claresnape-d5rsy6v.jpg

Name: Mari 4
Species: Humanoid Clone (actual species unknown)
Appearance: 5'9" tall, short black hair, slim
Position Applying For: Engineer, or any available/needed position
Personality: Flirty, friendly, adventurous
Back Story: Mari 4 was the 4th of over 1000 clones at a merchant's shipbuilding factory orbiting Mars. At approximately 17 years of age, she became self aware, broke out of the factory and escaped to Earth. She gained admission to the Japan Self Defense Force Academy, majoring in Aerospace Engineering. Her career in the Self Defense Force was cut short after four years when she was dishonorably discharged for being involved in an affair with her Commanding Officer, a married man who managed to keep his position.
Strengths: Courageous, focused on mission, caring, military sharp, versatile and experienced in managing ship utility systems and engines.
Weaknesses: Gets distracted (especially by good-looking men), will break rules when she thinks it's okay, emotional at times, tries too hard to succeed or stand out at times.
Other: As one of over 1000 clones, at times Mari 4 finds herself struggling to prove her value as an individual, even when her worth is not in question. She sometimes tries too hard to stand out, when she's not focused on her job, or a guy. When she's daydreaming, her thoughts run to the place she escaped from, her 1000 sisters she left behind, and that she has no memory of her parents/lineage. She is always referred to as "Mari" by friends and colleagues, but she insists on referring to herself as "Mari 4", likely in tribute to her origin.

##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:

Signature: Mari 4 Date: 09/28/2617
Welcome back to the crew, Mari.

Reactions: Mari
I was tired, so I didn't post here.

Name: RLI103, Vix (Most LIs adopt the name of the ship they inhabit, for simplicity)
Species: Gel, shipbound
Appearance: Normally, Vix appears as a featureless, female shaped hologram when interacting with crew members. Of course, she can appear as anything, and if requested she will change her appearance. The actual Gel housed in it's containment sphere is a gray, shapeless mass.
Position Applying For: Systems Administrator
Personality: Vix is highly logical, honest and loyal, but tends to come across as cold and machinelike because of her lack of negative emotions.
History: Vix left the Planet about three years ago, hitching a ride on one of the many vessels that visit there now, looking for Gels to add to their crew. After working for her first ship two years, she decided she wanted a change of pace from the small merchant vessel, and so paid her fair with the money she hadn't thought she would want. From there it was easy to find a job, but Vix didn't want just any job. She wanted to go out among the stars and see things that nobody had seen before. Eventually she found a promising ship looking for new crew members, and figured anybody would be glad to have an experienced LI in charge of their systems instead of a human or a clunky AI.
Strengths:Computations, Ship Defense (Physical and Electronic), Singing
Weaknesses:Understanding emotions such as anger or fear, Shipbound, easily bored
Other: If the ship has 3d fabricators installed, Vix will sometimes alleviate her boredom by building things. These can be anything from works of art to spare parts, or even strange foods she thought people might like. Without a reliable way to move them, however, these things tend to stay in the output box until someone finds them.
##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
Signature: ______RLI103_________ Date: __2/17/2617__
There ya go.
Also with the Mature tag on, I slightly regret making a non physical character.

IMG_20150108_193630_163_zps7a61c6d4.jpg

Pictured: Feng in his standard outfit "liberating" audio equipment and a shipment of ancient vinyl's

Name: Nhills Feng, "Roaring Feng". Prefers to just be called 'Feng.' But begrudgingly answers to Nhills.

Species: Feng belongs to a Humanoid-Reptilian race called the Slalin. Slalin come in a multitude of colors and are more often than not darker in hue.
Their skin is rough and scaly in a few places, mostly the elbows, knees, back of the neck and a few other places varying from person to person. But for the most part have dry, rough 'skin' over their body. Their homeworld is the desert planet Grandphos. Despite being a fairly common race, not much is known of the Slalin as they are very secretive about their culture and heritage.

Appearance: Nhills is a dark, rusty, orange color with equally dark blue markings all over his body in the form of jagged lines. He's an average height around 5'10" but stands with a slight hunch. He has the facial features of flat faced lizard, not dissimilar to a cross between an Earth Ball python and a Bearded Dragon. Green eyes with slit pupils and a mouth full of sharp little teeth. Even though the Slalin are reptilian in appearance they still have a wide rage of emotional responses, such as narrowing of eyes, smiling and so on, though it is usually strange and unsettling. Feng carries a handful of scars and marks across his body none that stand out more than any but are none the less noticeable. His most notable feature are his facial markings in the form of dark blue, almost black, jagged lines under his eyes going horizontally to the side of his head and a single 'spike' shaped marking in the middle of his face that starts at what would be the bridge of his nose and ends at his lips in a sharp point. Feng is thin but muscular, Slalin don't get very large in terms of height or body mass.

Position on Ship: "Asset protection" but is actually just a hired mercenary.

Personality: Feng is a professional deep down but he's childish and prefers to do things his own way despite usually being a very roundabout way of completing a task. He has a deep love of old earth music and collects it, because of this he's constantly on the search for more and tends to whistle or outright sing. Feng is very outgoing and will often speak his mind without a second thought he can be stubborn but dislikes upsetting people in a personal way and will be the first to apologize, but he doesn't mind annoying people just because he can.

Back Story: Feng was an only child, and more or less grew up into a family of freelancers. He set off on his own at a young age, somewhere deep down wishing to live the great adventure his parents did in their younger years. Over the course of his life he discovered music, not something common to Slalin culture and instantly fell in love. He adapted this to his line of work and often would blast music over his own personal speaker system which either annoyed comrades or amped them up. He soon learned how to utilize sound waves to disorient, confuse and cause a whole range of negative effects on people, earning him the nickname "Roaring Feng". He even had a suit custom made that doubled as Hazardous environment suit that had sound dampening devices to protect his body from the intense sound waves he often used. Nhills attention was caught when a ship was looking for some personal security, the pay didn't matter the idea of moving around constantly is what fed his wanderlust.

Strengths:
-Excellent small arms fighter.
-Unorthodox method of using sound to his advantage.
-Professional attitude when it comes to getting work done.

Weaknesses:
-Despite having a professional attitude, he can be too in-your-face for most. And borderline childish.
-Is not quiet at all, does not know the meaning of stealth.
-Will do something his way rather than the right way more often than not.
-Values material possessions, namely music, higher than life.

Other: Slalin do not do well in colder climates. Likes rain a lot.

##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
Signature: Nhills Feng Date: 09/27/2617

And if it isn't Aza. Clearly impressed by our dedication.

Last edited:
It's okay I think we all had our moments of doubt as it has changed hands and gotten a face lift or two since the beginning. It may be a hi-jacked Frankenstein RP.

But it's our Hi-jacked Frankenstein RP

It's okay I think we all had our moments of doubt as it has changed hands and gotten a face lift or two since the beginning. It may be a hi-jacked Frankenstein RP.

But it's our Hi-jacked Frankenstein RP
So Egg just vanished? I hope that wasn't my fault.

I don't think so, they made another OOC and we were ready to get the proverbial party started and then after a few days of silence Egg just left without a word.

I don't think so, they made another OOC and we were ready to get the proverbial party started and then after a few days of silence Egg just left without a word.
Alright, good but not good to hear. I hope you don't mind quoting me when you respond, that way I get a notification.

Alright, good but not good to hear. I hope you don't mind quoting me when you respond, that way I get a notification.

Yeah sorry, I'm on my phone like almost 100% of the time I'm on the site and the interface is weird.

Yea, instead of letting it die completely, the group coerced me into taking over >.>
And how does that make you feel? *takes out notepad*

You should also make an interest check for this.

Yea, instead of letting it die completely, the group coerced me into taking over >.>

I wouldn't say coerced...
But I did have plans for someone to slash your tires/break your kneecaps.

"coerced"

"Hey I say Jack should take this over"

"Talk to me on half an hour"

-5 hours later-

"Hey Jack,"

"I'M GOD NOW BOW TO ME"

Reactions: Azathoth
"coerced"

"Hey I say Jack should take this over"

"Talk to me on half an hour"

-5 hours later-

"Hey Jack,"

"I'M GOD NOW BOW TO ME"
THAT IS TOTALLY NOT HOW IT WENT >.>

Yes it is.

And how does that make you feel? *takes out notepad*

You should also make an interest check for this.
I should. Curious, are you interested in giving it another go? Structurally it should be much better on posting. If not, no biggie.
I wouldn't say coerced...
But I did have plans for someone to slash your tires/break your kneecaps.
I met the guy. Hes terrible at hiding. Gave him a tip because his family is in a bad spot.

I met the guy. Hes terrible at hiding. Gave him a tip because his family is in a bad spot.

Good guy Jack Nolan tips people sent to harm him.

Status
Not open for further replies.