Sailing in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
King finished his drink and tossed the bartender a few credits. He then collected himself and began to walk to the ship. "The Vixen huh." He muttered as he looked at the massive spacecraft. With a history of being a stowaway King had never seen such a big ship and for a second lost himself in starring at it. He entered and began to look for the Comms Officer. He found him speaking with the other members of the crew and walked up asking about the location of his quarters.

Chiaki was late for her orientation, rushing in with a cardboard box filled with family photos, stuffed animals, and other personal possessions. In her pocket was a phone with a galactic-scale map loaded up with key points she placed on it to show she had the qualifications. On top of the box, taped to the box was her degree to hang up somewhere on the ship. She was so excited, but also so stressed... She actually had a smile on her face! The panted as she ran, beginning to sweat with the weight of the box surprisingly being quite heavy for what it contained. The young woman rushed to the front of the crowd, placing the box in front of her before panting and putting her hands on her knees, sweat dripping off of her face as an evident glow from her phone emitted from her skirt pocket.

"I...Am so sorry." She announced, catching her breath before clearing her throat. She stood tall and saluted to the people upon the port, her face going back to it's plain 'poker' face expression. "I was late...Somebody or something paid me to bring it here, apparently it was a crew member too." She then looked at the people on the port "If you deny me now, I understand but if it's all the same to you, I was late for the greater good- sir." The girl nodded in approval with her own statement, then staring at the people on the port for further instruction.

From a foot diameter sphere on top the the box she was carrying, a voice spoke up on Chiaki's behalf. "Please forgive her captain, my ship arrived later than I had anticipated, and I was unable to arrange for normal transport, and so availed on one who appeared to be going to the same place. I am designated as RLI 103, and applied for a position on the ship designated 'Vixen' several weeks ago." From a leans on the sphere, a hand sized hologram appeared, shaped as an average human female.

"All of my preparations have been taken care of, and I am fully ready to integrate with your vessel's systems, should you decide to hire me."

[Aza is stepping down as reigning Captain and I will be controlling that character henceforth. This is a message to anyone reading the thread and questioning why Im controlling another person's character. For reference, please see the OOC thread page 15]

Captain Belarus:

The Captain continues walking towards the ship, smirking at the attempted embarrassment of Marcus by his father. Maybe she should call the old codger up to get a better understanding of the kid. Learning through intermittent conversation and actions is only so effective whereas talking with the man who raised him brings a different viewpoint. She was just about to respond to him when a rather interesting character ran up.

Judging from basic appearance, and her breathless state, she seems to be rather frail in stature but considering how fast she sobered up, she might have some inner fortitude. What caught her attention the most is the fact that she was referring to another being. It wasnt until the sphere atop a box she had with her started talking, did she understand.

"Ah, You're the new bio-organic entity that's supposed to be the Systems Manager, correct? I was wondering when you would be getting here."

She looks back up to the girl in front of her and looks her over again.

"You, walk and talk."

Captain Belarus then turns and starts walking towards the ship, motioning for Marcus to follow suit.

"You neglected to introduce yourself and designate what you are here for. May I any relevant data you might have brought? I've had a handful of applicants today, some bearing various forms of documentation and ID to validate their work and worth. Tell me why I should hire you. Oh, and Marcus, seeing as Ill be talking business for a little bit, if you wished to go on ahead then by all means."

============================================================================

Jack Nolan:

"Well then, I think that's everything...right?"

"Well, did you check to make sure we have all the data on the Drekthar Serum?"

"Yes. I also made sure to purge any left over files on the Plek'thul virus. Don't want unsavory characters to get their hands on that."

"No we do not. But that seems to be everything. Maybe we should get a move on."

"Well, considering we are paid passengers, I don't think that she would leave without us."

"True, but also considering the fact that we are just one passenger when there are likely many more profitable ventures out there, should hustle regardless."

"Very true indeed. Well then, I think it is time for us to leave this planet goodbye."

Jack looked around his room, checking one last time for anything he may have missed before setting out towards the berth of the ship. It should only take him about twenty minutes to get there and he figured that the ship had lots of pre-flight checks to go through before it left its berth.

"Do you think we should grab some Thonk Fyen noodles before we go? Who knows when we will have them again."

He nodded to himself in agreement with the voices in his head before setting off towards C'rethr De's Noodle Shop. Honestly, he wouldn't be on the ship if it wasn't for the two that help him out all the time. Hell, half the time he was talking to the Captain, it was she who took over because when it comes to interviews, he always freezes up. Though, while he didn't get the job, the deal that was struck still allows for the research to be done and that's all that matters.

"Here's to noodles!" He cheers as he enters the familiar shop one last time.

Mari 4 arrived at engineering, which was to be her main duty post. She briefly thought of the possibility of being reassigned elsewhere, as the military liked doing to her when the needs of the military outweighed the need for her to be where she was originally posted. But just briefly. She looked at the engineering section, and she'd never seen one like it before.

As the ship was previously a pleasure cruise ship, it made the most of functioning space, meaning, it largely confined the various utility conduits to within a large engineering bay, and kept it away from other parts of the ship to maximize space available for passenger functions. She was used to single color conduits, clearly labeled. Here, it was strand upon strand of conduit arrays, in different colors. It would take her time to learn the color coding, but, she knew that's where the senior personnel present came in.

The ship's engines operated on a single reactor, as it wasn't a ship designed for high speed travel. The ship's primary power source, for all electrical power, was separate from the engine power source, probably to maximize engine life when the ship could simply cruise on impulse while traveling on a cruise.

Mari wasn't sure if there was another engineering officer on the ship, or if she was the only one. The personnel that were already there, were mostly at the monitoring and control units, seated. She decided to just walk around for now, observe, and possibly learn more about the ship's engineering section quietly.

Status
Not open for further replies.