Saddest 'injury' you ever got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tripped once in my room and fell on that stupid metal corner beds have.

I cut two of my left toes and now have toe scars.

I was sitting Indian style and jumped up to answer my phone. My foot fell asleep and I ended up falling down and spraining my ankle....

I was doing a backflip, and my leg spazzed out and slammed into the floor breaking my toe.

Trying to put in a new ceiling fan, only to turn around and smack my face on one of the blades. Broke my nose and was a source of shame for a week or two.

Multiple ankle cuts. The corner of my metal bedframe is super sharp and for some reason I refuse to cap it with anything, so I pay in blood.

When I was five or six I picked up a pickle jar in the street and lobbed it at the ground. It smashed, but not completely. I think only a shard broke off. I picked it up again and lobbed it but a hanging off piece caught me between my thumb and forefinger, slicing that shit open. I've still got a nice scar there today. Tis my first memory of the world telling me that I ain't built to be no hoodlum, haha.

Tripped over a tiny chihuahua, torn a ligament in my foot. The chihuahua was fine, and tried to attack my face before it ran off sassily. My face was ok, but I literally had to crawl upstairs. And I dropped all my cherry coke.

i cri errytim

A few weeks ago, I backed my leg into my electric space heater for a split second and it burned the pattern of the heater's vent things into my leg. It stung and throbbed for that entire night, and the pattern didn't peel off for awhile. Once it did, the pattern was still there, faintly, on the new skin underneath it. My heater still has a big brown spot where some of my skin stuck to the vents e_e

When I was in 4th grade, my ankle was sprained because the ass of my friend's little sister landed on it. Said ass was very bony, and I was an incredibly frail fourth grader, soooo.... Ouch. How did it happen? If I remember correctly, I was sitting on the floor, innocently watching a Disney movie. When the ending credits came up, my sister thought it would be fun to dance in circles with this bony ass friend of hers, then when they let go of each others hands I got landed on.

And that ankle is permanently weaker than the other. I hates it.

Oh, that reminds me of another sad injury. Actually, at this same friend's house, in the same year. There was a really hot tuna casserole on on the floor. No fucking clue why. But on my way to my friend's bedroom, I stepped in the casserole. It burned my entire foot.

Man, I knew some weird people when I lived in Texas. I hope I never go back there.

Crying in shower
Slip
Bang knee on faucet
Cry moar

Honestly I'm just sad that you had to cry so privately.
I'm just one of those people who hates showing my hand in front of people. Just like any other human, I need to cry sometimes; it's the only way to vent some kinds of feelings, but when that happens, I don't like to be seen. It's my pride, I don't like being seen in a moment of absolute weakness and vulnerability like that >.>

Bullet in my god damn thigh.

Though I suppose if I put it in a different context of a sad injury....

Well, years ago I was working in this kitchen and one of the new guys on the dish line spilled a bunch of silverware right as I'm waltzing out of the kitchen. I slip on some of the utensils, fall on my ass and have a fork impale itself down to the hilt in my left butt cheek which I promptly removed, went outside and had a cigarette and smoked a joint. That feckin hurt.

Reactions: Minibit
I'm just one of those people who hates showing my hand in front of people. Just like any other human, I need to cry sometimes; it's the only way to vent some kinds of feelings, but when that happens, I don't like to be seen. It's my pride, I don't like being seen in a moment of absolute weakness and vulnerability like that >.>
I guess for me, part of my "cute" image has to do with being very open with those kinds of feelings. It has been a while since someone made me cry though, and I can definitely see wanting to at least make sure the person who made me feel that way couldn't see it.

Why the doctors would interpret the words of a two year old as the cries of an abused child is beyond me. Also, why didn't they just ask your parents? I'm surprised they didn't get suspended for being idiots.
They're being safe about it.
Professionals who work with children have these safety protocols drilled into them in college/university.

Because children often lack the vocabulary to speak out about being abused, allowing such abuse to be hidden very easily if staff aren't trained to look out for other signs, and if a wording 'might' suggest abuse they need to act on it since the likelihood of a little kid to have a vocabulary to simply say "I'm being abused" is next to zero.
Was cooking french toast sticks. Once finished I grabbed the pan from the oven and held it. Was all like, "Why does my hand feel like it's burning?" looked down to see I forgot to put on an oven mitt. So I was carrying a 350 degree pan with bare hands for about a minute straight. Luckily there was no serious damage aside from a few burns but it's all good now.
How did you not feel such a thing sooner!?
Honestly I'm just sad that you had to cry so privately.
Showering is a common place for such things I find.

For example I wouldn't necessarily say that I cry (though the running water does make it hard to tell) but whenever I'm feeling like shit or generally down the shower is the common escape. No one hassles you about it, gives you the privacy to think, and the feeling of the warm water hitting your skin helps calm ones self down.

Reactions: Minibit
Yeah... The body is a bit iffy when it comes to that. I cut my arm once as a kid while sleeping. I fell off the bed, laughed about it in the morning, but I didn't feel the pain until I noticed I was bleeding. (That could just be due to the fact that I was half asleep...)

It's like it will let you know if you're damaging too many cells without being aware, but wont always let you know when you experience minor cuts and stuff. (unless it irritates the mess out of your skin) However if you are aware/prepared, you're gonna feel it right away and get that "Ow" jolt from your lovely lil' nerves...

Oh
And pllo thought he was wearing oven mitts.
So there's probably some psyche stuff involved...

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I broke my collarbone in an accident once (seatbelt holding half of it in place while the rest of me tried to lunge forward from inertia), and didn't feel it until days later. The body is weird like that.

I broke my collarbone in an accident once (seatbelt holding half of it in place while the rest of me tried to lunge forward from inertia), and didn't feel it until days later. The body is weird like that.
That's just terrifying. :/

And I say that as a kid who didn't even have the ability to feel pain when I was a little kid... ever.
I mean there was one case of I grinded my teeth to the point of the nerves sticking out, and chewed on it for days before my Mom noticed.
And then because I didn't co-operate with the dentist I had to be held down while he swiped in and out quickly picking out quickly adding in fillings around the nerves.
Without pain numbing needles, because I would fight him too much to let him inject the needle safely.

When I was about four or five years old I threw a temper tantrum. I jumped and landed in such an alarmingly creative way that I broke a thigh bone in three different places.

I'm not sure how I achieved that. Neither do my parents.

Oh right. I tried to jump down from the bleachers onto the basketball court once. It looked a lot closer before the jump....

Status
Not open for further replies.