Sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ana nodded her head slightly, curling up more under the leather. She was sweating a little, though she shivered weakly. Growls filled the air as some creatures finally followed the faint smell of human, not masked by living years in the forest. One particular animal showed itself near the tree, its head that of a lion, tail that of a snake and hind of a goat. The creature, a chimera, growled as it prowled near its new prey, keeping low to the ground as it did.

Hendrik suddenly tensed up hearing the growls resonating outside of the tree, he heard the faint crunching of footsteps... It was headed towards his tree, that meant that one of those creatures had followed him here, no doubt following the fresh scent of Anna, the new arrival. He hadn't exactly prepared for something like this, but he had fashioned a few weapons incase he ever needed to defend himself, quietly, he began to tiptoe towards a section of the tree he hadn't visited for quite a while, he hoped the crudely fashioned weapons that were held in there would do the trick.

The chimera sniffed around, finding where the scent lead. It couldn't find the entrance, so, frustrated, it started to scratch and howl at the petrified tree. Ana blinked as she heard the strange noises, getting up hesitantly before walking blearily toward where the noise was being made. It might have just been a wolf or some other creature that could be scared off. Besides, Ana thought, if it was too dangerous of a creature she would just hide back further in the tree until it went away. Nodding at her own little plan, she headed off to see what was making such wretched noise.

Hendrik picked up sharpened stick which would serve as a spear, or more accurately a javelin; they were basic weapons sure but the only ones he knew how to make... As he heard another howl, he ran back to the room noticing that Anna was starting to head out the door, Hendrick quickly ran towards her, attempting to catch up to her "Be carefull." he whispered as he got to her side, peering out the relative front of the tree to see what sort of creature was awaiting them outside.

Ana was surprised to see Hendrik back near her, but nodded anyway. Of course she would be careful! What else would she be? Slowly, she poked her head out only to see the strange beast scratching at the tree. Immediately she pulled back in, covering her mouth to resist a scream. The chimera noted where the human smell seemed to originate and quickly moved until he was staring at the two. "Beast." The chimera growled, surprising Ana immensely. "Why do you keep her? She is human, so we eat." Creatures like it weren't suppose to do talk, but there it was.

Hendrik looked surprised himself when he heard the creature talk, however his head piece hid that emotion from sight thankfully. He just shook his head and responded in a more low, gruff voice, he hoped his practice had payed off "No eat." he said, he himself attempting to put up a menacing stance which wasn't too hard to do with the "costume" he had on. However he only hoped that this creature would take the hint and leave, if he had to fight though, he knew there was no way around it.

The chimera didn't care much for the supposed beast before him. With a growl, he got closer to the two, sniffing around them. "You smell human. Yet you look like beasts." It moved closer to Ana, baring its teeth and snapping at her. She yelped and stumbled back, trying to keep away from the large beast. "Humans give us other humans so we eat." The creature slowly started to inch toward the sick girl, growling in hunger.

Hendrik growled despite it straining his throat a little raising his spear "No eat..." he repeated retaining that menacing look on his face... He wasn't about to let someone suffer the unfortunate fate of being devoured by one of the monsters, usually the person would be dead by the time thye got to the bottom, but this time, at least she had a chance to live, and he wasn't about to take it away from her just like that.

The chimera growled, not happy with Hendrik. Leaping forward, it tried to take a bite out of Ana, causing her to scramble back with a scream. The girl felt weak. Easily overpowering the young girl, the chimera moved to try and take a bite. Ana screamed, curling up to try and defend herself from the beast near her. She was going to die and could do nothing about it.

Hendrik suddenly rushed towards the beast raising his spear quietly and attempted to thrust it into the beasts hide, he wasn't about to let the only other live human down here just die on him like that... He tensed himself for the impact, not entirely sure if the crudely fashioned spear would do the trick, but he sure hoped it would, otherwise he'd have to get real creative...

The spear managed to imbed itself into the beast's shoulder, leaving the chimera to roar and bound away from his meal. Ana shakily tried to stand up as the creature ran into the forest, roaring and yelping in pain. Slowly, the human girl moved toward the bed she had been resting in, feeling woozy and utterly out of place. The whole ordeal left Ana wanting to go home and curl up in her house.

(I am so so so sorry that I haven't replied! I don't really have a good excuse besides utter exhaustion.)

(It's alright o.o take your time if you want to XS)
Hendrik sighed a little glad that he had driven the creature off, he looked on as Ana started to walk back inside, glad that she was safe inside the tree now... All he had to do was venture deeper into the forest and gather those herbs, then he could return to staying inside for a while, though he was almost certain that creature would be back with more sooner or later. For now, he continued walking deeper into the forest until he came across a few trees full of strangely colored mosses and plants, the trees themselves were starting to expire which was why these strange plants grew on them in the first place. Now all he had to do was keep away from them toxic ones; not everything in this forest was safe to touch or consume.

Ana curled up, trying to ignore the pounding in her head and the dull throb of pain. When Hendrik came back, the young girl was fast asleep, her body tired out from the sickness. It wasn't until a few days later that the young girl finally began to feel better. The sun filtered gently into the tree home as Ana simply pulled the fur over her head. She felt better, but the sun was interrupting her sleep.

Hendrik had woken up himself after a while of sleeping, yawning a little he got aup nd decided to check up on Ana; the herbs seemed to have done the trick for the most part, however it seemed she still wanted to sleep. Looking around quickly; he spotted the leaf he usually leaned against the hole in the trunk when it rained and propped it up against it so the sunlight wouldn't be bothering Ana as much "Sorry... I guess I forgot about that." he said a little sheepishly.

Ana sighed and started to get up. "No, no you're fine. It's better I get up rather than sleep the day away." She stretched before carefully moving off of the bed she rested in. "Thank you, by the way, for taking care of me all this time. I feel much better than I have for days." During the past few days Ana had taken to helping around the tree as much as she could before curling back up in the bed and falling asleep. Slowly she yawned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes before getting ready to greet the day.

"No problem I guess..." Hendrik said modestly, looking a bit sheepish about all of this, he noticed she seemed alot more awake than she had been yesterday; a sign that she was getting alot better than she was before... It was confirmed by what Ana said, and it seemed he was the one who needed to thank her too, the tree looked quite alot better than it had a few days before with a few minor yet wonderfull improvements. They had a basic piping system for starters and had begun to fashion another bed to sleep in.

Ana smiled before looking around their little home. "So, what are we going to do today? Work on the bed? Tell stories? Eat those..." The girl shivered at the lingering taste. "... herbs." She hated their taste but they made her well. She wouldn't deny that. The girl looked around at the bed they were making, hoping they could get it done within the next week.

Hendrik shrugged a little and looked towards his still unfinished bed "I guess we could tell stories while we work on that bed." he said, smiling a little. He got up a little figuring Ana didn't really need to eat any more of those herbs, he did realize how bitter they tasted despite their healing properties, with any luck, they should get this bed done soon so they could start figuring out the more complex things, like what they would do if any more beasts came around again.

Ana smiled and immediately moved to grab the materials to continue from where they left off. "Alright, you told a story last time so I guess it's my turn. What kind of story do you want to hear?" The girl asked, moving to start filling the mattress with leaves that Hendrik had gathered when he had left the tree. It was a lot softer than straw they used at home in her opinion.

Hendrik thought for a moment, frowning a litlte as he started gathering the materials for the second bed himself hearing Ana's question before finally smiling, thinking of an idea. "Tell me what it's like in the village before... You know..." He said quietly, he hoped he wasn't making her too uncomfortable, but it's just been so long since he'd lived there that he had forgotten what it was like there for the most part...

Status
Not open for further replies.