Sacrifice (Watase Yu x Izurich)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As he whispered her name, Calista would manage a smile. She couldn't help but take comfort in something as simple as this in this dire situation. She would watch as he shrunk down before propping him up in her arms. Clasping his hand gently as he reached out for her, he would give it a squeeze, willing some of her warmth to him through this simple touch. Anything to keep him comfortable. And keep him alive. Cali would close her eyes as they kissed, fresh tears rolling silently down her cheeks as she held it. Hearing his words before he sagged in her arms, Calista would choke out a sob.

By the time Karon and the other two dragons landed, Calista was holding Drake tightly in her arms. She wasn't making a sound, but tears could be seen rolling down her cheeks, splashing softly onto his cheek. "Drake, you can't leave me ... " She whispered to him before Shar'Karon's voice hit her ears. Glancing up, Calista would watch him silent as he checked the prince's pulse. "Alive!? Bless the gods ... Let us hurry then, Shar'Karon." She would respond quickly as he changed back forms, hopping onto his back with Drake held close. "We will get you help, my love. Just hang on ..." She would whisper as she kissed Drake's forehead as the quickly made their way back to Hetopia.

-------

As the people rejoiced due to the end of the war, Calista somberly watched from the outskirts. The healers had gotten to her father, but he was still unconscious. His wounds had been much greater than originally expected, so it was unsure if the king would ever wake. Drake was unconscious in the healing wing. How can she celebrate? It didn't take much to iron out the last few remaing hostiles. Once they learned the truth of Camus' ways, they quickly fell in line. Drake's 'slaves' were now freely living their lives, and a path to a new age was being paved with each passing day.

It had been the longest week of her life, having to fill her father's place in the kingdom as she also regularly checked in on her father and Drake. Uncertainty about Drake's fate was still causing major unease amongst Dragons and Humans alike. She had been getting little sleep this last week, spending her evenings in the medical wing with Drake. Clarrik, Diana, Leona, and Shar'Karon all vocalizing their concerns for her, but she waved them off each time. It was another one of those evenings, the healer coming in as usual to check his patient. At the healer's words, she would simply nod, not moving from her seat as she held Drake's hand in her own.

Once he had gone, Calista would look to Drake, her fingers brushing a stray lock of hair from his still face. "I fear I am failing, Drake. With father still unconscious and without you at my side ... I am failing them." She would murmur, tears brimming her eyes, ones she had been holding in all week. "I miss you, my love. Are you going to come back to me? Please come back to me." She whispered shakily. Closing her eyes, Calista would lean down and kiss his cheek before resting her head on his shoulder, her eyes still closed as she forced down a hopeless sob.

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
Ah, how soft, how tender, her delicate yet firm fingers brushing against his hair. How he wanted to hold her... to embrace her, tell her everything would be alright, yet... his body failed him, he could open his eyes. The sleeping prince didn't stir, floating in the void of emptiness, surrounded by thick fogs, he was lost, helpless, alone. He wanted to just at least lift a finger but weak heartbeats were all he could manage. Then, he heard her voice, soothing and warm, echoing against his eardrums. Fail them? No, never, she was a great leader, the people loved her, with capable people by her side, she'd lead both Hetopia and Kogankell into a new golden age. If only he could help her... he heard her sobs, tearing at his heart, it hurt him to see her lover so sad when she should be happy, it hurt him more than Camus' claws raking at his chest.

"..." One tear fell from her eye, splashing against Drake's cheek and to his surprise, the fog faltered. Another tear, the fog wavered more, and then... her kiss, sweet lips he knew so well caressing his cheek. At that moment, a beam of light pierced through the darkness, clearing away the enveloping mists. This light... her grace shone, a dream for the peace all humans and dragons shared, past, present, and future. Held and mournfully exalted as their final moments approached. She carried their will as her vision, bidding them to remain steadfast in their loyalty. Now, the sacrificed princess sang aloud the name of the miracle she held in her hands...

Her name was...

"Calista..."

Yes, Calista, that was her name, from sheltered princess to sacrificed slave to messiah of peace. His eyes fluttered open, revealing tired fiery irises. Drake groaned, turning his head to gaze at his beloved's blue eyes, "Please hold your tears, it does not suit you." His voice was still weak, but stable. Giving her a happy smile, Drake raised one hand to wipe away her tears, "I am here, I am at your side now, don't you worry anymore." The two embraced, kissing each other on the lips, they parted with their foreheads pressed against one another.

"You are mine and I am yours, until death do us part."

Sacrifice
wHUmHtY.png

• Love
Reactions: Watase Yu
Status
Not open for further replies.