ᴀ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ ʙʏ @Valor
ᴄᴏ-ɢᴍs: ᴀᴄᴄᴇss ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ

CzyII7e.png

"ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴇᴠɪʟ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ?"

DZCT3ym.png

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛʏ: ᴍɪʀᴀɢᴇ theme

UcOQgL4.png
RRIdB3a.png

During the onset of the Second World War, human experiments concocted in the early stages of the Third Reich yielded evolutionary results. Modification of the human genome and experimentation on DNA tampering produced what the Third Reich perceived as the next step in biological evolution: Der Ewige gewählt: the eternally chosen. The first stages of the Second World War were carried by this newfound discovery, or as some would put it, the ultimate crime against humanity. The first of this new breed of genetically modified "Übermensch" would serve in the elite, SS divisions of the German military as war broke out across the continent.

Storming across France and Russia, armies of the eternally chosen brought destruction and desolation to Europa. Faster, stronger and with other unnatural gifts, these genetically modified humans were capable of fighting for days without food or water, against forces vastly outnumbering their own. It seemed that German domination of the world was inevitable, the Allies incapable of stopping the genetically enhanced vanguard of the Blitzkrieg. When it seemed that German victory was all but secured, a new horror emerged from the Kremlin...

8gZZS4o.gif

The Russians were quick to learn an important lesson: to defeat a monster, one must become one.
Germany had not been the only country to implement horrific human experimentation. From the Kremlin emerged a horde of unspeakable horrors, creatures that bore even less resemblance to man than the genetically enhanced German soldiers. In a rush to face the unstoppable German army, the Soviet Union put forth the incomplete results of their own experimentation. Eight-foot-tall creatures that resembled that of the fantastical lycans of folklore tore through the German order of battle. Over the course of the war, the Soviet Union and the Germans would equally ramp up their human experimentation.

Though officially, the Allies had denounced the use of DNA manipulation, the Americans used data retrieved by defecting German scientists and information unwillingly provided by the Russians in their own Manhattan project. Soon, all major powers of the Second World War had their own variety of super-soldiers, with each nation participating in an arm's race to create the ultimate super soldiers. Soldiers who could read minds, see in the dark, become invisible and even teleport short distances became the heroes of the War. With all sides of the conflict pushing the limits of the human genome further and further.

65b4efb5ed4aa41b0832d78f6393073a.gif
NEO7sf7.png

Eventually, the Allies emerged victorious. Yet, despite the end of the war, the genetic arms race intensified deep into the Cold War. The nations around the world began creating, training and indoctrinating their own armies of super soldiers without impunity and with little regard to the consequences of their actions in secret for future conflicts. In 2020, the nations of the world were overwhelmed by rising civil unrest, the people of the world clamoring for an official end to the genetic arms race. Dubbed the "NOAH" by English speaking nations, resentment and racism for these genetically modified human beings grew to boiling heights. In 2050, the United Nations officially outlawed the right for nations to possess Noah within their national militaries, with heavy restrictions imposed on genetic modification and DNA manipulation as a whole.

Of course, this would do little to solve the issue, as nations quickly discovered a loophole in the United Nations' language and thus began turning to government-funded "Private Military Corporations" to provide the super soldiers barred by the UN's Anti-Noah resolution. Furthermore, the use of PMCs allowed superpowers to engage in unadulterated "proxy wars", leading to a string of conflicts in the Middle East by private armies funded by foreign interest governments. It became clear that the United Nations Anti-Noah Resolution was simply not stringent enough... and in 2100, a new resolution was passed, barring any Noah from engaging in unsanctioned military conflict. With this resolution, an international military task force was formed:

FyHmsxC.gif

Infinity: Mirage is a science-fiction, action-adventure roleplay set in the year 2105, where political tension and fear of the supernatural by the public is high. In this roleplay, you are a member of the International, United Nations Military Task Force "INFINITY", a team of supernatural beings sent to investigate and enforce Anti-NOAH laws and apprehend those that maliciously break them, with force if so required. Beware, many dangers lurk amongst man, the results of over 100 years of unregulated human experimentation. It is up to the team to dispose of them, by any means necessary.

Random Notes:

• This will be an "Advanced" RP, meaning posts will be required to meet certain standards.
  • The roleplay itself is heavily anime inspired, with characters having special abilities and a large focus on overcoming increasingly powerful foes.
  • I am looking for reliable GMs to help me build this world and discuss possible plot information with.
  • [DISCORD IS REQUIRED]
  • Character death is a clear and always looming possibility. Deceased characters will be given the opportunity of being replaced by their creators if so desired.
  • This roleplay will have space for up to 10-12 members. Characters will be selected on a strictly quality basis.
  • Roleplay is 18+ (REDSTAR) only due to heavy violence and other potential themes.

TL;DR

Unfortunately, @Valor won't be participating seeing as [REDACTED] but he's given me permission to reboot ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛʏ: ᴍɪʀᴀɢᴇ for you lovelies as substitute GM.

Feel free to ask any questions here, in the OOC or Discord and I'll provide details faster than you can say "No, Paz! Please don't blow my Yandere's limbs off!" yeah, you better believe shes gonna be lookin like a shish kebab by the time we're done.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. xo
> Will you have needed to participated in the original to get the full experience (other than references, of course). Or is it a complete restart sort of thing?

I only recently found out this was a sequel of another RP but none of the previous characters or players will be returning, or rather I don't expect them to and I don't have any knowledge of the original plot, so there won't be references.

This will be something like a sequel to the original, so it's my job to create new plots and story arcs for new players and characters.

> Do you need to have a large amount of military / military history knowledge for this RP? I have a decent amount, but not a large amount or anything like that. Will it be more about 'Rule of Cool' / 'Superpower' based fighting, realistic military fighting, or a mix of both (or depending on your character.)

This RP takes place in an alternate universe where military grade gene experimentation made strides in its research and development in place of nuclear technology.

Characters don't require a military background, but all characters will have either inherited superhuman abilities that trace back 100+ years or have been experimented on by Private Military Corporations.

Either way every characters background will detail how they joined INFINITY and the story takes place in the future so knowledge on real world history isn't required but the roleplay is focused on military-action. So it would be a mix of realsitic warfare and superhuman science-fiction warfare.

> How often would you like players to post? The post length, I'm assuming, will be multiple paragraphs.

I'm looking for advanced writers, 3 - 5 paragraph type of deal.

Posts once a week would be ideal but I know things get in the way so I can be lenient, however I'm looking for commited players that can keep up with the pace of the roleplay.

If a player stops posting suddenly and doesn't communicate OOC I will bug them (or get someone else to do it) until they commit sedoku. In the meantime I'll take over control of their characters and most likely have them eaten alive.

Last edited:
Placing tentative interest.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: marcy
Sounds interesting!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Looks great! I've got a few questions about the RP:

> Will you have needed to participated in the original to get the full experience (other than references, of course). Or is it a complete restart sort of thing?

> Do you need to have a large amount of military / military history knowledge for this RP? I have a decent amount, but not a large amount or anything like that. Will it be more about 'Rule of Cool' / 'Superpower' based fighting, realistic military fighting, or a mix of both (or depending on your character).

> How often would you like players to post? The post length, I'm assuming, will be multiple paragraphs.

• Useful
Thanks for your interest and helpful questions!

I only recently found out this was a sequel of another RP but none of the previous characters or players will be returning, or rather I don't expect them to and I don't have any knowledge of the original plot, so there won't be references.

This will be something like a sequel to the original, so it's my job to create new plots and story arcs for new players and characters.

> Do you need to have a large amount of military / military history knowledge for this RP? I have a decent amount, but not a large amount or anything like that. Will it be more about 'Rule of Cool' / 'Superpower' based fighting, realistic military fighting, or a mix of both (or depending on your character.)

This RP takes place in an alternate universe where military grade gene experimentation made strides in its research and development in place of nuclear technology.

Characters don't require a military background, but all characters will have either inherited superhuman abilities that trace back 100+ years or have been experimented on by Private Military Corporations.

Either way every characters background will detail how they joined INFINITY and the story takes place in the future so knowledge on real world history isn't required but the roleplay is focused on military-action. So it would be a mix of realsitic warfare and superhuman science-fiction warfare.

I'm looking for advanced writers, 3 - 5 paragraph type of deal.

Posts once a week would be ideal but I know things get in the way so I can be lenient, however I'm looking for commited players that can keep up with the pace of the roleplay.

If a player stops posting suddenly and doesn't communicate OOC I will bug them (or get someone else to do it) until they commit sedoku. In the meantime I'll take over control of their characters and most likely have them eaten alive.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jamaicanbobslayer
Awesome! Give me a tag when you get this started in that case; would love to join.

• Love
I like where this is headed

• Bucket of Rainbows
Interested as well!

Get ready for my kawaii yandere nekomimi miko schoolgirl-chan uguu.

I mean, a sniper. I'm probably making a sniper. No nekos involved.

Just brainstorming ideas, but maybe a sniper who is blind/has impaired sight, but whose supernatural ability is something that helps make up for his lack of sight? You'll never see it coming. And neither does he.

Either way, I'm in.

• Bucket of Rainbows
OOC is up. Still looking for sign-ups.

Get ready for my kawaii yandere nekomimi miko schoolgirl-chan uguu.

I mean, a sniper. I'm probably making a sniper. No nekos involved.

Just brainstorming ideas, but maybe a sniper who is blind/has impaired sight, but whose supernatural ability is something that helps make up for his lack of sight? You'll never see it coming. And neither does he.

Neko kohais will be tolerated but won't be receiving special treatment based on cuteness and playing as kawaii yandere nekomimi miko schoolgirl-chan uguu would probably make their obliteration even more tragic - so if you're into watching adorable things blow up by all means.

Seriously though, the tone of the roleplay will involve dark, mature violent gritty themes. Despite being anime inspired, making your character a kawaii ball of sunshine would distract from the narrative. I'd probably make an example of such a character, so I wouldn't encourage that trope, but that's not to say bubbly, cheerful optimistic types aren't welcome. im just sayin they'll probably scream the loudest when a meticulously placed mine blows off their legs.

Neko kohais will be tolerated but won't be receiving special treatment based on cuteness and playing as kawaii yandere nekomimi miko schoolgirl-chan uguu would probably make their obliteration even more tragic - so if you're into watching adorable things blow up by all means.

Seriously though, the tone of the roleplay will involve dark, mature violent gritty themes. Despite being anime inspired, making your character a kawaii ball of sunshine would distract from the narrative. I'd probably make an example of such a character, so I wouldn't encourage that trope, but that's not to say bubbly, cheerful optimistic types aren't welcome. im just sayin they'll probably scream the loudest when a meticulously placed mine blows off their legs.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

In hindsight, maybe I should have added a sarcasm tag or a jk. But to be absolutely clear, I was very much making fun of the trope, not advocating for it. You'll see no kawaii nekos from me, kouhai or otherwise.

The sniper part wasn't a joke, though! Mulling over ideas for it, though I might switch course once I finish reading the OOC thread.

• Love
The work that's been put into this is really appreciated. Mad props. I'm definitely interested.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I love the detail! I'm super interested. Looks like our characters will have to fight over the limb-ripping privileges, because I'm super ready to make a morally questionable super innocent weapons girl.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I was one of the original participants in the RP.

Happy to see its getting restarted and looking forward to taking part in this promising plot again.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Huh, this definetly looks interesting. Might join.

• Bucket of Rainbows
This is a very interesting and cool idea. Definitely the sort of thing I enjoy writing about. Unfortunately I can't offer anything more than tentative interest as I'm unsure if I'll be able to keep up with another roleplay given my workload and WIP novels.

• Bucket of Rainbows
This is a very interesting and cool idea. Definitely the sort of thing I enjoy writing about. Unfortunately I can't offer anything more than tentative interest as I'm unsure if I'll be able to keep up with another roleplay given my workload and WIP novels.

Thanks [: no worries, priorities are important!

I didn't create the rp, just trying to bring it back from the dead since it never really got off the ground. Good luck with your roleplay endeavors!

Reactions: Astroblaze
Are we still going ahead with the RP or is this the end of the line?