ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴏᴡᴇʀ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ! (sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ)

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
This is a search for a partner who is comfortable enough to play an OOC within the Dark Tower universe. The plots themselves will only contain key elements from the original story as far as the lore and the major events that occurred during all 8 books. However, they each will be based on different, hypothetical conclusions of the story.

As everyone who has read the books knows, Roland's journey begins again after he leaves the Dark Tower, but where it goes from there is entirely up to one's imagination. What I have in mind for most of the plots is various versions of a continued journey with Roland and his Ka-tet that leave an opening for a new band of gunslingers to take up the quest of their predecessors.

Most of the characters that I have in mind for the plots are the next generation of the original Ka-Tet. The stories, inevitably take place long after the original tales, picking after the events play out once again, and changing the character's fates to fit Roland's awareness of his journey and the decisions that are altered to spare the lives of his Ka-Tet.

Ultimately, each journey ends with Jake, Eddie, and Susannah surviving to reach the Dark Tower, but where their lives go from varies from plot to plot. Each member of the Ka-tet expands their bloodlines, including Roland, but the plan is to involve the grandchildren and the great-grandchildren of the ka-tet.

There are a few elements that I would like to include in the stories; todash, doors, low-men, vampires, demons, and possibly a few of Maeryln's Rainbow. Encounters with The Man in Black would be ideal, but I'd like to avoid most of the canon characters if possible. Things I would like to leave out: Blaine, the Greys and the Pubes, and the Wolves.

I'm looking for a partner who's comfortable enough with the books to help plan out the story, and someone who is willing to help push it along as well. Romance is an absolute must, that point is non-negotiable, but smut isn't necessary. I'm also looking for someone who's comfortable with a chatting as well because there will be a lot of planning going on.

This is kind of an obsession for me, so I'd really like someone who's willing to stick around, and won't shy away from lengthy posts.

If you're interested in any of the plots, please send me a PM with the plot title in the subject line so I know which one you're asking about.

• The Drawing of Victoria Dean

Character: Victoria Dean
    Starting Location: New York City, New York, 2017
    Counterpart: Grandson of Roland Deschain (Age Range 25-35)
    Foe: Randall Flagg (Man in Black)
    Setting: Post-Cannon

Cannon ending scenario- This roleplay will be based loosely on the events of the books as they played out. Susannah, Eddie, and Jake return to the Keystone world as they did in The Dark Tower, while Roland enters the tower and begins his journey anew. However, during his new journey with his Ka-tet Eddie, Susannah, and Jake make it to the tower along with Roland. Believing that their task has been completed, and their mission to save the tower and the remaining beams is a success, the trio return to our world to live out the remainder of their lives. Similar to the story, Eddie and Susannah marry and have a family with Jake becoming their 'brother' to the rest of the world. Their story is buried away, and as they continue their lives on Earth, their memories of their travels in Mid-World begin to fade away until all that remains are vivid dreams of a man with jaded blue eyes and the echoes of gunfire.

The family grows with Eddie and Susannah adopting children, and Jake Dean marrying and having children of his own, and his children growing, marrying, and having children of their own. Mid-World has become a figment of the elder Deans imaginations, tales that they tell their grandchildren at bedtime to help them drift off to sleep with visions of gunslingers and fair maidens as fodder for dreams. The Dean children grow to scoff at the yarns spun by the elders of their family, all but Victoria Dean, Jake's granddaughter. From the day the girl could remember her dreams, the tales of Mid-World and the forlorn figure of Roldan Deschain became solid, untouchable forms of a reality she was certain existed. For her, the stories weren't part of her family's imagination, but a part of her family's legacy. The rest of the family, the elder Deans included, laughed off the idea that Mid-World existed, and that Roland Deschain was anything more than a larger-than-life idol they'd concocted to guide them through their lives, but Victoria could not be swayed. She claimed to hear the todash chimes, a sound so beautiful they burrowed into her brain until she felt as if her head would implode. She swore she could find doors standing at random places; in allies, in the middle of the hallways of her school, standing without a frame to hold them in place and beckoning her to open them. She even proclaimed that a man with jaded blue eyes and sandalwood handled guns strapped to his hips haunted her dreams.

Fearing that the girl had become too infatuated with their stories, and worried that it would lead to a mental breakdown if they continued to contradict her beliefs, they sought out the help of doctors who diagnosed her with schizophrenia. After a while, and under the effects of heavy medication, Victoria began to believe she was insane, that she'd allowed herself to be caught up in the stories of her family and twisted her own reality around to turn them into reality. The doors and chimes all stopped, no longer taunting her. Even the blue-eyed man had gone from her dreams, confirming for her that her family was right and she was suffering from a serious mental illness rather than being part of a grand story of adventure.

And then one day it happened again, only this time there was no mistaking her visions for the insane wanderings of a sick mind. On her way to class one morning, the world rippled around her, putting the young woman in a state of panic. Closing her eyes tightly she tried to convince herself that it was all in her head, but as her eyes opened before her stood a door. Standing on the other side of the door when it finally opened was a man with pale blue eyes and a pair of sandalwood revolvers strapped to his hips.

++++++++++++++++++++++

On the other side of reality in Roland's world, Roland returned to the world that was no longer dying. Like the rest of his Kat-tet, he believed that the battle for the Dark Tower was over and that the Crimson King had been banished away to never be heard of again. He never truly found peace, but he settled down the best that he could. He took up with whatever woman would have him, siring countless bastards that would never claim the Deschain name; with the exception of one. The son that Roland claimed was nothing at all like his father, but there was no denying that the blood of Eld ran through his veins. Together the two began to seek out more gunslingers and slowly work on restoring Gilead. Unfortunately, Roland did not live to see his dream of Gilead returned to its former glory come to life, leaving the task to his son and grandson to fulfill.

Roland's son took up his father's mantle, becoming Dinh to the gunslingers and undertaking the momentous task of rebuilding Gilead and the rest of Mid-World. However, much like Victoria in the Keystone world, Roland's grandson began to suffer the same malady. He dreamed of a girl with blond hair and blue eyes calling out to him, saw doors that summoned him at every turn. Unlike the Deans, his father understood that there was a reason for his son's visions and rather than confine him to Gilead to help with the work of rebuilding, he sent him out to discover who the mysterious girl was and what importance she had.

++++++++++++++++++++

The major focus of the plot will be on Victoria, Roland's grandson, her training to become a gunslinger, and retracing the original ka-tet's steps. I have plenty of ideas for the plot, but I'd like to work out a fleshed out plot with a partner.

• Character: Annasea Chambers
    Setting: Post-Canon Mid-World
    Counterpart: Roland's Great-grandson
    Foe: Crimson King

Canon Ending Scenario: Roland reawakens back in time to continue his journey once again, this time fully aware of his previous journeys and the mistakes he made in the past. He continues on following the man in black through the desert, but this time rather than letting Jake fall, he saves him. (After all, he already knows what the man's going to say anyway.) This chain of events sets the ka-tet on a new, yet familiar path. The lives lost along the way are spared, Susannah never becomes pregnant with Mordred, and the ka-tet reaches the tower as a whole. This time, however, they manage to banish the Crimson King from the tower and upon reaching the door sent back to Gilead together to rebuild the city as it had been before its fall.

The ka-tet manage to restore Gilead to part of its former glory with a new line of gunslingers pulled from all corners of Mid-World. Eddie, Susannah, and Jake all start their own families which remain close-knit throughout the years. Each generation brings a new set of aspiring gunslingers who demonstrate the same talents and skills of their kin.

Plot: It takes the Ka-tet several decades to begin recruiting more gunslingers, as well as rebuilding Gilead to its former glory. Eddie and Susannah have several children during their time there, and eventually Jake finds himself married to female gunslinger to begin raising his own family. Roland never truly got over the loss of his first love, but eventually has a child with a gilly, whom he raises as a Deschain rather than a bastard. The children of the ka-tet have children of their own and so on and so on, each generation producing a new line of gunslingers. The Dechain children, much like Roland himself, are proven adept with the gun and take over the task of training the future gunslingers with a few changes in the rules. Those who fail the 'trial of manhood' are not sent West, but are allowed to remain in Gilead, although they can never attempt to become gunslingers again.

Mid-World slowly begins to grow and expand, cities blossoming now that time is once again restored to the universe. Gunslingers begin to travel the roads again, doing as gunslingers do, and it is almost as if the stories of the ka-tet of nineteen are simply myths. The Crimson King is forgotten about, and everyone goes on about their lives.

The plot begins with the great-grandchildren of the original ka-tet. Roland's great-grandson is now in charge of training the future gunslingers. Like his great-grandfather, he has passed the trial of manhood at a young age, with a natural talent for the gun and a sharp intellect that makes him a natural gunslinger. Among the group of future gunslingers is a lone female, the great-granddaughter of Jake Chambers, who shows the same amount of potential as her great-grandfather. From the beginning, there is an attraction between the two, but because of their roles, they ignore it as much as possible, steering clear of each other in order to follow their chosen paths.

But ka has a mysterious way of working, and the citizens of Mid-World have forgotten all about a dangerous enemy who is still fuming over his ousting from the Tower. The Crimson King has been weakened, but he has not been defeated. With the assistance of a sorcerer, he has placed an enchantment on Mid-World, freezing it in time until he can discover a way to remove the banishment placed on him. Somehow only the original ka-tet's kin is untouched by the enchantment. (Mostly due to Roland's relationship to the Crimson King, and the ka-tet's exposure to Maerlyn's Rainbow.)

The citizens may be frozen, but minions of the Crimson King are not. Soon they're infesting Mid-World and various whens like a plague, using doorways to jump between worlds in order to cause chaos. With only one gunslinger and one soon-to-be, it is up to them to travel the path of their legendary relatives in order to find a way to restore time and put a stop to the Crimson King for good.[/fieldbox]

Hello! Oh so i am definitly willing to reply often and send long post and talk/ converse with you about the story/plot im actually excited and enticed about this. BUT! i have only finished the first book. I recently started the series. So i was thinking possibly we can stick to the first book until i finish the second and so forth and continue the story as i go along with the book. I would love to help you with this story so LET ME KNOW!