ғ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ʟ ᴇ s s - ᴀ ᴅʏsᴛᴏᴘɪᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ 「ɪɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ」

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold. His body was so cold. Colder than when he was a mere child, clinging onto any source of warmth within that drafty attic. Colder than when his arms had to be amputated and he could never feel anything again. Colder colder colder.

Unfeeling fingers pressed against the hole in his side, eliciting a twisted grimace. The pain kept him awake, but the pain brought him closer to death. He was no RONIN, after all, and his drones were all lost now, crippled by power greater than his. An undying bastard that walked through every improvised trap he made with impunity. But even like that, even with a Praetorian tracing his steps, he made it. No regrets now. He did all that he needed to do. The shouting, the fighting, the chaos. All the rioting was his. Enough madness to paralyze the CLERICs and slow the PALADINs.

Hah.

"No regrets, Rubel," he repeated, through blood-tinted teeth, "No regrets."

Slumped against a dumpster, surrounded by grime and human refuse, the SERAPHIM slowly, painfully lowered himself onto the ground. Everything hurt, but it wouldn't matter now. What he knew couldn't fall into the hands of the enemy. Knowing what he did about the PRAETORIANs, even living was dangerous now. And he could feel it in his bones regardless. They were coming. There was no escape. He had already won, and he didn't want to give them a chance to tie the score.

Verdant eyes slid to the phone in his hands, before he began to clench it. Robotic strength fought against metal and plastic, and eventually, the latter gave way. With a crunch and a snap, the military-grade phone was reduced to scrap, broken circuitry joining the collection of garbage already present around him. Good. The last line was severed. The last connection broken. The last of his feelings…

"Just come home!"

…extinguished.

Later, Tia.

Nothing remained in those clear eyes as they turned towards the third window to the right on the sixth floor of an abandoned factory.

"Do it."

By the time his eyes registered the flash, Rubel was already dead.

A cartridge was ejected from the SVD sniper rifle, before two gloved fingers picked it up, pocketing the evidence. At a distance of seven hundred meters away, the White Death looked at her handiwork with her own eyes. At the splotch of fresh color on a wall too far away to see.

This was all she was good at now, wasn't she? Her hands were shaking again. Her nerves were a mess again. All that effort, all those battles, all of her screams, and here she was, assisting the suicides of those she thought of as her comrades.

A shudder passed through her, and before she could think, the flask was already at her lips, promising oblivion within its aluminum bottom.

Ah, she was so fucked up.

64dGx3a.jpg
It didn't mean anything.

Was this the pessimist speaking now, the one that continued to exist even once the fear had been seared away? Yes, yes it was. As commotion built around him, Arata remained at Valkyrie's work desk. He touched the mouse. Clicked it. Destroyed a block of terrain. That was all, wasn't it?

The Godfather had orders once more. They were done with this mind-numbing tranquility now, the date of their next operation decided apparently by some rioting in the districts after a provocative video was aired. Strange. Was rioting actually that much of a problem, when the PRAETORIANs could put an end to this with a single demonstration of ultimate power? Was it so easy for them to forget how terrifying, how awe-inspiring, how completely INVINCIBLE King was when he was merely playing with them? Did Crusader even see that hellish landscape? Did he even comprehend it?

Eresh understood. For better or worse, she had been kept as a pet to that red-haired demigod. Knew how much of a nightmare he was. Knew that there were four others that were just as frightening. FEARLESS killed two. That was a fact. But now the four knew who they were up against. Knew their limits and knew their strengths.

Hope. Such a fragile thing, built up on the lies one told themselves.

Lionheart ignored the statements and questions made. The mission was clear. The path was simple. No saving, no pretending. Just destroying everything that was in their way until…

"Gaia and Tear should be switched around," the young NOAH said flatly, boldly, "Conceptual destruction is useless for fortifying a position, while puppetry is too slow for a quick attack."

Branded irises fixed their gaze upon Godfather.

"If the plans clearly indicate a method of destroying this superweapon they've been developing, why on earth would they forgo heavily protecting it? Riots can be handled by Clerics alone. The Praetorians won't be bothered at all by squabbles with rabble."

VOMSVNP.png

María had hurried out of the room and back, picking up her things on the way. Instead of the prim office attire she had worn, if only to play make-pretend with her imaginary role as a receptionist, she was now back to the scratched up black pants she had worn when Valkyrie had recommended her to join FEARLESS. Her lithe frame was hidden away underneath the olive green parka she finished zipping up as her hands pushed open to the door to the conference room once more. The noise of her steps, louder than usual, thanks to the heavy combat boots, was muted by the carpet that stretched out across the floor.

Perhaps for the first time since joining the organization, the impaired NOAH scoffed upon hearing her team's objective. "Hostages?" The young woman couldn't believe they were still operating with such naivety. "I'll follow whatever command you end up giving," she began speaking, her unfixed gaze lingering on GODFATHER's silhouette, "but after our last mission, I strongly encourage you to think about this. You told Tia, FOX, Stingray and I that you regretted not thinking it through, so please, Sir, do it this time. "

Her tone was calm and respectful, but it was apparent that the message itself carried urgency. The last thing María wanted was to repeat the debacle of the KING assassination. "The Ecclesians do not value anyone's life but their own. I'm fairly confident they knew every last detail of our plan, and simply didn't care to prevent it because they underestimated us. Do you reckon they'll protect their citizens or servants now, that they know we can kill them?"

Squinting, María's brows furrowed. Her head lowered, she "stared" at her own balled up fist. "No matter who, we are all mere toys and tools to them... You have to realize that by now. And if you don't, then I beg you, take my word for it." With a swift motion, María straightened out her arm, prompting the blade of Valutaja to shoot straight out of its resting position, the cold steel lingering underneath the vein of her wrist.

"I would like to know we did all we could, no matter the outcome," María noted quietly, her head tilted into Tia's direction. "I do not believe taking hostages without value will accomplish that." Finishing her plea, she lifted her arm towards her head, letting the blade sink back into its place, hiding inside of her sleeve. With a few long strides, the NOAH quickly took her place, joining the rest of her assigned team.

gmTFu7C.png

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

wTy1GZ9.png

KRjTm6l.png

FRZTzJA.png

As Gillian and Jill shared their plans with the rest of the team, it seemed that the members of FEARLESS were far more skeptical than before about another mission. Tia was the first to begin the litany of questions, directing her focus towards Chevalier. As she spoke, the room fell quiet, all eyes turning towards the man who seemed to know what was going on. Though Chevalier had originally planned to keep his knowledge a secret, it seemed that he wasn't going to get off the hook so easily this time.

Clearing his throat, Chevalier decided to start from the top. "My name is Léon Einhard. Special Intelligence Agent for London's East Trade Corporation." He began briefly, "What has been revealed on the news is true. VALHALLA has operated under a great lie: that the world outside no longer exists." In the back of his mind, he cursed whoever leaked this information - it was a conversation that he hadn't looked forward to having. "I was sent here a year ago to investigate the ORACLE project... and to find a way to dismantle the super weapon that threatens the outside world."

"You're- you're kidding... right?" Jill shuddered, "It's all... true?" For so long, she had thought that VALHALLA was all they had... that the city needed to be saved to preserve the last bastion of humanity. She had fought for a lie. "Everybody died for a lie...?"

"That's all you need to know." Chevalier shut his eyes, a look of disdain stretched across his face. "VALHALLA needs to burn. It is a cursed land, not one that will save humanity... but one that possesses the capability of destroying it. Queen intends to conquer the world."

"If... If this is true, then we need to act now." Gillian frowned in response to Maria's advice. "I wish we had the time to plan this out, but it seems that this tragedy is finally coming to its climax." He turned to the map of the city, violet kaleidoscopes searching for answers in the urban topography. "Hostages may not work against the PALADINs and PRAETORIANs, but it should buy us time with the first responders. CLERICs are like us, after all." He then turned his attention towards Arata, who had suggested switching members of the team. "Fine. I had originally thought Tear would work better alongside Valkyrie, but you have a point." Gillian grinned, erasing Gaia and Tear's names from the whiteboard and switching them. "You've got a knack for strategy, kid."

"So, you plan on assigning Mr. Special Intelligence Agent?" FOX crossed his arms, repeating Tia's earlier question. "Or you just plan on letting him do whatever?"

"I'm wherever the kid goes." Chevalier remarked, signalling over towards Arata. "My ancestors wouldn't want it any other way." Cryptic as ever. This was one surprise that he sure as hell wasn't going to spoil.

"I guess it's settled, then. We're all going to die tonight." Valkyrie smiled, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "I didn't plan on living forever, anyways."

"Alright, guess there's no use waiting any longer." Gillian turned towards his team, watching as the remaining members of FEARLESS rose from their seats. "Let's give 'em hell, yeah?"

"Got a ride for us waiting out front. Not as fancy as the limo, but it'll get the job done." Jill twirled a set of keys around her index finger as she led the group out of the office building. Parked in front of the building was a mail delivery vehicle, a white van with the Valhallan Mail Service logo plastered on the side. "Get comfy, it's pretty cramped in the back. She hopped into the front of the vehicle, settling herself down behind the wheel."

"Yeah uh, can somebody else drive? Please?" FOX groaned as he stepped into the back of the vehicle.

"Yeahhh... I'd rather not die before we get there..." Valkyrie agreed with FOX for once.

"What's wrong with my driving?"

"Backdrop, take the wheel." Godfather signaled Jill to slip into the seat next to her, the Seraph shooting Juniper a playful glare as she switched places with her. "I'll let you drive when we're getting shot at. Alright?"

Once Juniper had the wheel, Godfather plugged in the coordinates into the vehicle's GPS system. About fifteen minutes away, clouds of smoke began to rise from the direction they were headed in. "Take it slow, avoid the riots." He explained, "Once we hit our destination, we move fast. Blow our way through their defenses and take them by surprise. If all goes well, we'll be in and out before anyone can respond."

These sort of things never went well, though.

m5XWu6x.jpg

' VALHALLA
NEEDS TO

[glow=orange]B U R N .[/glow] '

It was that sentence in particular that rang out with a sinister vibrancy; it sent a brief chill down Tia's spine, and a blackened pit of confusion within her stomach. She'd thought FEARLESS had been in this battle of attrition for so long in order to 'free' its people. In order to eliminate the cruel leaders of this world, so its people could learn what 'freedom' was. For the few NOAH - who still hid in dark corners, eating mites and bugs like she had - to learn what 'freedom' was.

...But what was freedom within these walls, anyway?

Even if they destroyed this place for some 'greater good', what did that mean for the citizens of VALHALLA? Those stuck in their offices, following the hands that fed, going through a routine - day after day - wondering if they'd ever find 'freedom'. What of the children, playing in free time - not far away from scopes of sniper rifles - learning in their schools how to become a 'perfect citizen'? And

But... if the apparent threat known as 'VALHALLA' was allowed to stay alive, then... there could be many more lives at stake in that 'outside world'. There were so many things about that unknown place - that had been blocked by some fantasy concrete - that Tia desperately wanted to know about - but she avoided pressing Léon any further.

Under smothered blackness, Tia closed her eyes.

It was all so [glow=red]fucked[/glow] up.

There had to be another way.

' CHANGE THE WORLD '

There had to be another way.

Briefing over. Thoughts scattered. Directive: d e f e n d.

But there were so many more directives, all scattered in Tia's head, jumbled and conflicting. ...María's concerns about the hostages weren't alone. Tia, herself, didn't want to take hostages. Roping more and more people into some conflict that'd escalated to so many levels... it didn't feel right. And when GODFATHER had reminded everyone that most CLERIC's were trying to protect some sort of society... it parted a painful gap in her stomach.

When she stepped outside, she appreciated the fresh air, closing her eyes as the silent interior of her helmet cooled down, and became the melancholy space she was getting used to. She listened to the percussive ensemble created by the feet of her team mates, before some sort of other faint noise began to come into the view of her hearing.

Sounds were calling out to her. Faint and unhearable at first, but they soon materialized into faint, distant whispers. Whispers and laughs of the fallen, all encouraging her from some form of infinite distance created in her own mind. ...So, they hadn't all left her just yet.

[glow=white]'...Go get em', Sis.'[/glow]

Wordlessly, she thanked the voices. Mixuki lay in wait, gleaming and black. The doors of the van opened, and for a moment, the world seemed silent from Tia's hazed perspective.

The smoke looked beautiful, mixed in with the little flares and sparks of sabotage-induced light. Even from a distance, under her helmet, she could smell it. A burning smell that felt like it was creating, as well as destroying. A single, hazy green eye watched the changing world, whilst the other remained burnt shut.

Her tall frame crouching down, Tia was one of the last to enter the cramped space of the van. As she stepped inside, for a moment, one of the NOAH made her pause. The new NOAH, 'Gaia', that had been switched around with Eresh from Arata's insight. Her helmet stayed pointed in the direction of the new girl for a while, before she seemed to remember what she was going to say, and spoke.

"I saw the things you could do with paper. If you can do those things with metal, let me know. Combined ELEGANCE..." Tia paused, sparing a brief glance to TITAN in recollection, "...might help us a lot, defending out there."

And then, in a cramped corner of the van, Tia slunk down into a sitting position. Quietly. Unreadably. As she waited for things to start, she remembered there was something else she wanted to address. Looking to her side, she scanned the van's interior for a brush of salmon-red hair.

Slowly and with deliberation, the NOAH's hand fell on the wrist of María's that had shown some sort of sliver of... metal. In all her time, she'd never seen such a thing flick out before, but something about it seemed... unnatural. More than just a mere spike. Her not knowing it was there the whole time filled her with some sort of uneasy curiosity.

Tia's hand remained on the wrist, looking at it, before looking up to María. Wordlessly, it seemed she was demanding an explanation before the van's wheels started rolling, and the two teams plunged into the unknown waters of battle. After a brief pause, however, only two words - simple and quiet - came out as she tried to analyse her fellow NOAH.
"...You okay?"

4aSMEO6.png

As Gaia continued to listen in on the various plan details coming from the mouths of others whether they were disgruntle in purpose or not did not interest the NOAH; least not currently as her mind was well at work readying for all kinds of scenarios. Though her attention was grabbed when she was mentioned she'd be coming along on the infiltration team though that seemed to be changed at the request of the younger NOAH Arata. He seemed to make sound judgments though she herself would never refer to her ELEGANCE as mere puppetry. True her abilities were not instant or as raw as some of the other NOAH but it had a key advantage; flexibility. Hard hitting and fast is all well in good for a strike team but what do you do when you reach an obstacle that can't or would overcome more easily with a different approach. These were probably notes she should have said aloud but in the end she could be useful with either team and the decision was made to switch herself and Tear. Least her casual threat to the RONIN would seem more real now she'd think to herself with a smirk on her face.

However, after Gillian had complemented Arata for his strategic thinking Gaia did speak up as she aimlessly spoke to everyone in the room. "I suppose now is a good a time as any to share some info." She'd give a quick glance to Gillian before continuing on. "I've got some first hand intel on the PRAETORIAN who goes by Revenant; just in case either team finds themselves unlucky enough to run into the bastard." A bit of scorn could easily be seen in Gaia's tone as she held up one, then two then three fingers to represent her bits of information. "First, like his name portrays no matter how many times I personally killed him he always came back somehow despite everything. Second, bullets seemed to be useless as he seemed to be able to stop them and even send them back at the shooters, third and final my own constructs had difficulty landing blows on him and would even freeze and shatter or crumble." Closing her fist she let the info sink in to anyone who listened. "I'd suggest not shooting at him and I'd be wary of using Elegance around him as in the worst case scenario he could possess a way to disrupt or cancel out Elegance abilities." At this point the NOAH flicked the hilt of her blade causing a sliver of the recently cleaned metal to gleam revealing the edge. "With these details I'd suggest non Elegance related melee combat if that particular PRAETORIAN is encountered." Better more people knew about her experience just in case the bastard happened to show up; hopefully wherever Gaia would be stationed so she could get a chance to exterminate him from existence.

After being lead out to the vehicle they'd be using for transport Gaia crammed herself in much like everyone else though admittedly her slimmer build helped to some extent. Her mind continued to wonder once more until she noticed the one known as Tia (who was easily recognizable around the place due to the helmet and all) had been looking in her direction for some odd moments now before having spoken up. Gaia peered into the black void of the helmet before. "I can indeed do those kinds of things with metal though I suppose we will have wait and see what will and will not be useful." She saw no need to go into further detail about her Elegance as it wasn't relevant to the conversation and continued to speak dryly like usual whenever the NOAH would get like this. The chess pieces were on the move once again and she'd plan to have her side come out on top this time around.

64dGx3a.jpg
Revelations upon epiphanies, and yet, it was all for naught. Chevalier had ultimately offered his identity up as the pressure mounted, but while others reacted with frustration, outrage, confusion, disbelief, Arata still couldn't feel anything at all. In another past, perhaps, he would have been happy. Another world, one that existed beyond the walls, one that teemed with people that hadn't yet been down-trodden by the totalitarian monarchy of VALHALLA, would have been wonderful to escape to. Perhaps there, he would find something warm. But now, those thoughts were nothing but scars, a past that was made meaningless.

Because it didn't matter, what they were fighting for, what they were going to die for. Reasons could change, but objectives remained the same. It was always going to be a killing spree, wasn't it?

Without responding to Godfather's praise, the slim NOAH got off his seat, following the others towards the white van that was their transportation vehicle. Though normal on the outside, the interior was already converted into a more militaristic affair, racks for guns and boxes of ammunition stored up. There were belts of grenades hanging from hooks, while the benches that lined the interior clearly didn't account for Jill's maniac driving; no seatbelts in sight. With a sigh, Arata propped himself in a corner, closing his eyes.
beatbreakruinfleshbloodbone
He grimaced, and opened them once more, choosing to stare blankly as Gaia's words went in his ear and out the other. So REVENANT was immortal, could reflect bullets, and destroyed things. Amazing. Like KING, except he could die multiple times. Like KING, except he couldn't dodge things that were impossible to dodge.

"Non-ELEGANCE melee combat, while they have a whole host of powers at their disposal," Arata summed up, "There's easier ways to kill yourself."
all that sin, all that his
It writhed within him, the black taint that was not cast away into the abyss alongside the Weapon of Massacre, and, disconcerting enough, he had no qualms with letting it loose now.
all that hate, none of it his
"How you feeling about that, Crusader?"
guiltcryregretragelivelie

FqHzxI3.jpg
Alexander shrugged his shoulders a bit at the question, as he continued to check over the equipment he was carrying on him. "It wasn't that bad last time. Considering my opponent was a trained assassin." He explained plainly, shaking his head a bit. His fingers partially pulled back the bolt on his rifle again, always making sure a round was chambered. "And my sword was incredibly heavy, meant for defeating armor, before flesh. Trust me, I'll be fine. Once my ammunition is gone, I'll just pick a few knife fights, until I'm dead on the ground. Anything to buy the rest of you a little time." The ronin gave a small smile, setting his rifle down, he looked to the one piece of hardware they had left in the van.

It was perhaps the last major explosive device FEARLESS had, beyond grenades, and small explosive charges. It was aging rocket launcher, a single shot, one time use AT-4. Hefting the weapon up, Alex found the sling on it, and draped it across his back. The weapon was almost like his old sword, in terms of how it felt, stretching across his back, and shifting around as he moved. "You all better move fast by the way. I don't have enough bullets to wipe out the rest of Valhalla's paladins, and clerics." Alex said, granted he was the most heavily weighed down person in the van. Any place that could hold an extra magazine, weapon, grenade, or any type of weapon. Was generally being used at this point, his entire person looking closer to a mini-armory, than anything else.

"Oh...and about that blow through the defenses and move quickly. Let's not forget Andre, and all the others that believed the same thing. Move quick, but be a little cautious as we go. Rushing headlong will only result in us dying, before we reach the facility."

vNP7pYP.png

The Titan had been uncharacteristically quiet as the information sank in about the outside world, the reveal of the big lie and the opportunities that could lay beyond the fortified walls of Valhalla. It caused Naomi to furrow her brow and look down at her hands for a moment, the weapons that'd killed countless in a variety of brutal slaughters. She'd been content to blow her own brains across the wall once this was all over, her own way of removing another monster from the world, from the future that'd be better off without living weapons such as herself wondering about. She wasn't sure if this new information changed that, or reinforced it. What kind of life could she have beyond the walls... did she even deserve that right, after everything she'd done. Sure some would speculate that the people she'd killed deserved it, and in some cases she'd agree. But how many of the foot soldiers had names of their own, families and friends.

She gave a quiet sigh as she exhaled, inhaling as she steeled her resolve to focus back in on the matter at hand. She could contemplate her suicide at a latter date, but for now there was still a super weapon that needed to be destroyed and if it was one thing the Titan was good at, it was breaking things. "I'm not much of a strategist, but if it's all the same to the rest of you, I think It'd be best that I take point when we make the assault. I can soak the bullets far better than you lot and probably punch a nice big hole in their defenses in the process" she gave a light shrug, "Deals off if they're bringing bigger guns though. It's one thing tanking bullets and the occasional heavy hitter, but multiple tank shells or AMR rounds and I'll probably start losing limbs" she gave a toothy grin. Naomi could put up with the punch of a rocket or a large caliber round, but if there's a 'lot' of them at once then it stops becoming a matter of enduring and more a problem of being overwhelmed.

She spared a moment and wondered if she was even capable of regenerating a lost limb. It certainly wasn't something she was looking to test any time soon but it was an interesting thought. The train of thought took her all the way to the van, stepping into the back before she looked up suddenly before looking down at her feet, bending her legs a little to test the suspension of the vehicles. "... I've either lost a lot of weight somehow or this thing has crazy good suspension" she commented. The moment she stepped into the vehicles it was like she'd become significantly lighter all of a sudden. It was weird and felt quite alien to the Titan.

3wYGnfp.jpg

By virtue of her finally revealed abilities, Juniper's preparation ritual was not very long, and she was back in the conference room in time to see the beaten down Chevalier's small briefing. Standing by the glass wall with her arms crossed, she had little to say for his words. Parsing them, she simply shook her head wordlessly, too stunned to comment. While the FEARLESS had at least fought against the regime that perpetuated such a lie, Juniper had not just aided those that had wronged her and her family so, but actively preserved said lie. Her sister died for a falsehood. How many countless others died for it?

At the same time, to hear that there was a world outside that was still perfectly functioning seemed to take a small weight off her chest. But with such a grand lie overhanging the revelation, it was disconcerting to say the least.

Swallowing, she let out a breath, releasing the tension she built up listening to his small speech. It was time to put an end to the Queen's brutality. If there was any time for revenge, it was now. She gripped her fist. "I'm not in the mood either to delay after hearing that."

-

Juniper raised her eyebrows, an amused smirk eking out of her face as she was ordered to the driver's seat in replacement of Jill. Finding brief amusement out of the objections, she turned back at the Seraph as she took the seat. "You should take a limousine driving course."

Starting the engine, she glanced at the GPS display with the coordinates that Godfather had input into the computer. "Sounds like you want Jill for the second half of our trip," she commented, committing the destination to memory. Backing out the nondescript looking delivery van out of the building parking lot, she took them through the side streets, avoiding the congested and frequently violent main streets and boulevards where she could. Her driving, at least, was far more pleasant than the other Seraph on the team.

gmTFu7C.png

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

wTy1GZ9.png

KRjTm6l.png

FRZTzJA.png

"As if you could pull the same moves as me." Stingray snapped back at Juniper, her sapphire rhinestones narrowing in objection. "I could leave you in the dust any day." She flashed a grin, a rare sight for the Seraph. "Just don't drive like my grandmother and we're good."

As the truck's engine came to life, FOX took a quick headcount of the team, who were packed like sardines into the back of the vehicle. Despite this, he felt that even a more spacious interior wouldn't have helped calm the uneasiness in the truck. "Watch each other's backs out there and we'll all be home before we know it." FOX shrugged into body armor and a tactical helmet as the vehicle lurched forward. "Remember, lives are depending on us."

"Eyes front. Avoid the riots." Jill surveyed the warzone carefully as they moved, the sound of gunshots and explosions cackling off in the distance. "Looks like it's getting bad out there." Sapphire orbs turned towards the sky. A maelstrom of dark clouds began to form overhead. "Looks like it's gonna rain, too."

The mail truck rolled down several streets and made its way across several blocks between the sound of gunfire. Luckily, the members of FEARLESS were able to evade getting stuck in the riots - and cautious driving from Juniper evaded any semblance of suspicion from the passing CLERICs. As the truck came to a halt at a stoplight, Jill's eyes caught wind of a horrible sight. A dozen civilians lined up against the wall, backs turned towards an assembly of armed CLERICs. They had all seen public executions before. It was nothing new, but that didn't make it feel any better.

"We can't help them." Jill shut her eyes, shaking her head, "We can't..." She turned back to Juniper, motioning for her to continue driving. As they rolled away, a litany of screams caused the Seraph to shudder - the lamentations of rifle fire shouting over them.

The vehicle continued to push across the city of Valhalla, eventually closing in on their final destination. "Get ready to move." Godfather peered through the backdoor of the vehicle, "Remember the plan. Team one is with Stingray, team two is with me." Gillian pushed his head into a helmet that matched his younger brother's, buckling the straps as he gripped his rifle. It'd been awhile since he had been out on the field. Hopefully this wouldn't show

The mail truck was confronted by a long, chain link fence which secured the outer perimeter of the military facility, blocking off the area. "Step on it. Punch straight through." Jill remarked, pulling the slide back on the handgun between her fingertips. "Hold onto your panties, ladies!" Like a battering ram, the truck sped towards the front gate, the CLERICs standing in front of the security checkpoint diving for cover as metal thrust violently against metal. Defeated, the fence was quickly torn down as the vehicle punched through, penetrating into the facility before rolling to a brief stop just in front of the facility entrance.

"Showtime, kids!" Laughed an adrenaline laden Chevalier as the door swung open. FOX and Godfather came rushing out the vehicle first, rifles firing as they lay down a string of suppression against the CLERICs outside. The exchange was quickly returned in kind, with bullets flying in both directions as the team piled out of the vehicle.

"Go! Get inside the building!" FOX shouted as his rifle kicked, the sound of gunfire accompanying the shouts of surprised CLERICs. He let off a torrent of fire from his rifle, swapping between magazines like a well oiled machine any time his weapon clicked empty.

Jill immediately hopped out of the passenger seat, a pistol in her hands and a backpack slung over her shoulder as she rushed from the seat. "Let's go! Keep it moving!" She shouted, dashing to the entrance of the building. As she ran to the door, she waited for the team to come up behind her. "Titan! You're up!" She shouted, waiting for Naomi to breach the door. Watching the girl run up and knock the steel door down, the entry team was quickly met with a hail of gunfire.

"Breaching!" Jill charged in, her pistol roaring ferociously as she ran inside and dove beneath the nearest cover she could find. The resistance was fiercer than anticipated, perhaps taking hostages at this point was too optimistic. As Jill attempted to glance from the safety of a receptionist desk, a torrent of gunfire slipped past, missing her face by mere inches. "Shit!" She cursed to herself, "Arata! Push up and clear them out!"

Inside of the building, nearly a dozen Clerics opened fire, hiding behind tables as the facility quickly devolved into a warzone. Outside, FOX and Godfather held off the approaching reinforcements from getting any closer. "Ey! Someone cover us so we can get in!" FOX shouted, his eyes focused down the tube of his narrow, red dot sight. "Tia! When we're inside, use your powers to jam the door shut!"

Waiting for the team to clear the lobby and somebody to provide covering fire, FOX and Godfather left their positions behind the truck to rush in after the rest of the team.

Last edited:

VOMSVNP.png

Monad quietly nodded. The NOAH knew there was little reason to continue any argument, thought the queasy feeling in her stomach did not ease up. She was certain that hostages would bring nothing but more misery, but ultimately it was GODFATHER's call, and if they wanted to have any shot at surviving not only the chaos, but a direct attack to the heart of VALHALLA, disagreement in their own ranks be unacceptable. With long strides, María hurried out an down to the entrance area, following her fellow FEARLESS fighters to the van. The unassuming vehicles lured a skeptical stance out of the impaired girl, who crossed her arms, making the heavy coat look like an olive-colored straight jacket.

"I bet they wouldn't expect us to use a limo again," she opined, smirking just a tad, before taking her seat inside the van. The insides with the various gadgets, guns, and other devices made the interior miles more impressive than first assumed, and María squeezed herself into the corner, her face resting against the cool glass. The grey light of the streets of VALHALLA mirrored the odd quietness in her head. That feeling of uninvolvement was the worst. Absent-mindedly, María swayed and rolled her forearm, resting it on her thigh. The weight of the blade hidden within her sleeve was acting like a toy for her restless spirit, until she felt a hand press down on her wrist, finally forcing her to stay calm for a moment. With her mouth slightly open, María's head turned to the seat across from her, seeing only the shine on Tia's visor in the hazy darkness.

After a moment of stillness, María finally gave her fellow NOAH a small smile and a nod. "Yeah. It's just... time, I guess." María's jaw was working, her teeth grinding against one another. It really was time. "This is what we've been waiting for, isn't it? Our chance. A real chance to take down the Ecclesians. And now we have a world outside of ours to look forward to, too." The blind NOAH went quiet, balling the hand which Tia had touched just a moment ago into a fist. "This time, it seems like all or nothing. And..." Her thoughts were interrupted, as gunfire lit up the soundscape. Monad bit her lip, her face tensing, pronouncing her facial muscles. "Let's just focus."

Their vehicles' forced entering shook the insides of the car, forcing María to clutch onto the interior. War flooded her senses as soon as the doors of the van opened; the sounds and smells were somehow even worse than the blazing inside of KING'S palace. The NOAH craned her neck towards Tia, FOX, and the others. It was too soon for another tragedy. The lanky woman hurried behind Stingray, her steps clumsy and slowed. Caution was required within the unfamiliar territory. Breathing heavily, she pressed herself against a wall, taking cover. God damn it, she wasuseless... Still, as much as the young swordsman was needed, what about...

"What about the hostages? Are we just going to mow them down with the CLERICs?" She wouldn't defy Jill's orders, she had decided that before their rive began. But she sure as hell wouldn't mindlessly observe the slaughtering of innocents. Not when there was any way she could stop it...

vNP7pYP.png

The familiar feeling of adrenaline filling her body was a rather welcome sensation after having spent so long playing babysitter to a building of frustrated FEARLESS members. Sitting in the van she once again found herself having little trouble as the van recklessly sped through the streets. Naomi listened as Maria spoke, sensing her excitement and hope from within her words. "Hey don't worry about it, as long as we all have each other we'll win this" she said before giving her a thumbs up and a toothy grin. 'Even if I don't intend on sticking around, I can at least drop this place first' she thought back to FOX taking the bullet, she'd have to figure out how to get that back without resorting to her usual methods.

The van pulled up on the complex and the doors opened, exposing them to the world of chaos that'd consumed the city. She watched Godfather and FOX break from the van and lay down fire, "Hey! I thought the plan was to get behi- ah fuck it then..." she sighed and hopped out after them, paying little mind to the spray of bullets from the CLERIC's which pinged and bounced off of her as she quickly observed their surroundings, snapping her attention towards Jill as she shouted for her to make them an entrance. "I'm on it, Tia how about a speed boost?" she flashed the younger NOAH a grin before she set off towards the entrance, picking up her speed as she accelerated herself.

As she closed in towards the doors, she pulled her arm back, eyes turning red as she slammed her forward foot to the floor. The armored mechanical gauntlet materialized around her hand a half second before she slammed it hard against the entrance, letting out air from her lungs with a grunt as it connected causing the entire entrance to be blown inwards, the ground rumbling under them as she subsequent shock wave traveled outward across surface areas. "Knock knock arseholes!" she growled as she continued the assault after the others followed in after her. The CLERIC's inside had a response of their own, but bullets weren't really her concern.

The Titan slammed her fist against the closest shock trooper, sending him flying while her other fist grabbed hold of another's head, picking him up off the floor before slamming him down with bone breaking force. The rest of them would be left to the faster members of the team whom could intercept them faster than the Titan. With the ones closest to her dead, she took a defensive stance to soak up the bullets by standing in front of the others, giving them something... or rather, someone to hide behind for cover.

m5XWu6x.jpg

Inside the darkness of the van, a small strobe of gloomy light shone on the NOAH's helmet for a moment as María finished talking.
"...Mm," Tia back-channeled quietly, voice muffled, "I hope what's out there is worth fighting for, too." With that, she remained quiet. Naomi offered some encouraging words, and Tia hoped she was right. But, as it seemed, they'd only scratched the surface of the Praetorian forces. The encounter against KING had been one of the hardest in her life, and had come with some of the largest sacrifices, too.

[glow=red]* C R A S H *[/glow]

The frame of the NOAH jolted slightly as the van crashed into their destination, and as the others came rushing out the van, Tia followed suit, swiftly and silently. The gates of the surrounding facility sent a sudden chill down her spine and some sort of migraine to thump through her head, but she did her best to ignore it. Ignoring the roars and rasps of a bullet symphony, the first task was breaching the door.

As Naomi requested a 'speed boost', Tia gave a nod, the air becoming thick, grey, and rippling around her leather-gloved left hand.
"Can do."

With that, Tia channeled her magnetic energy into the joints around Naomi's calves, making them lighter and giving more power and distance between her steps. The rush of speed she suddenly gained, combined with Naomi's natural strength, meant that the door stood absolutely no chance.

[glow=red]Here we go again.[/glow]

Following up behind Naomi alongside the others, Tia kept quiet and as in control of the situation as she could muster. Looking to her side, she made sure María had managed to find a good spot in cover, hurriedly dragging across a metallic table and flipping it near her position so she had cover even if she were to be flanked.

Noticing most of the fire was being directed on Naomi, who was standing steadfast, Tia took cover not too far behind her position, her lanky frame crouching down as glitters of golden gunfire shone from the black of her visor. The two pistols at her side came out of their holsters on their own, hovering upwards and offering suppression fire without Tia needing to expose any part of her body. As she fired blindly into the chaotic scene, she considered her options as her allies put their all into fighting around her.

No going all out. Arata could probably clean up easily alone, and she'd sooner die than accidentally cause harm to one of her team members. She had to think smarter than just using all of her power. There had to be a better way to do this.

...What would he do?

Tia found the clarity to think for a short moment, unable to tell the difference between the pouring rain outside, and the hails of bullets around her. Hearing María's concerns about the hostages, Tia thought for a split second.
"We'll... have to take what we can get," Tia called out simply to María; her voice was laced with some sort of faint sadness. "This room is so enclosed... and we have many that instill fear. I doubt the enemy is even checking their fire anymore." And then, from behind Titan, she acted.

In a soundless blast of brass fragments with a mere hand gesture, Tia sent all of the shots being absorbed by Naomi's body back towards some of the remaining CLERICs in a cone of high-speed shrapnel, being careful not to affect any of her allies. Those who didn't hide behind cover were non-lethally knocked cleanly over, as CLERIC armour was tough enough to absorb the wave of spent ammunition, but their bodies weren't steadfast enough to stay standing from the sheer force.

Following up from the distraction, the NOAH swiftly skidded out from behind her ally, the visor of her helmet narrowing in on a stun grenade clipped to the chest rig of one of the downed CLERICs. Flicking out her wire with almost effortless precision, a quiet *shnk* sounded as the metal wire swiftly coiled across the room, and flicked out the pin from the stun grenade, the small piece of metal glinting as it soared through the air.

A column of light and a deafening [glow=grey]* B L A M ! *[/glow] filled the CLERIC's half of the room, and the NOAH's wire whistled for the air as she gripped and pulled two dazed soldiers by the feet.

Dragging the two CLERICs across the floor like ragdolls with the wire, it was hard to tell if both of them were still conscious, but she doubted they'd have the reactions to do a last-ditch blindfire. As the CLERICs came to a stop beside her feet, her wire coiled around them both, a slight pause occurring before all of the CLERIC's carried weapons disassembled into useless fragments, jingling as they hit the floor. She then snipped the wire, keeping it tightly coiled around both of the soldiers to keep them immobile.
"Some hostages. Though I doubt, at this point, they'll even care," Tia called tonelessly to the others. Not that the majority could hear her over a rain of blood and brass.

In previous missions, she at least showed some signs of adrenaline, and some signs of a 'rush' when being on a mission. But now, there was nothing. She simply worked through a list of tasks in her head, one by one, the sounds of bullets pinging off concrete and crunching into wood near barely audible.
"Getting on that door now."

Turning, she waited for FOX and GODFATHER to rush inside the building, before swiftly getting to work on rebuilding and jamming the door Naomi had breached earlier. She'd really done a number on the door, but Tia was pretty confident she could fix it up. Dragging the remnants of the entrance back into position, she bolted the bent door back onto the building as best as she could, using whatever parts she could find to lock the door back into position and reinforce it. She reinforced it even further on the other side with broken pieces from the van, tying it all together into one makeshift but steadfast structure by ripping out pieces from the chain link fence.

Bullets started to rain on the entrance in a futile manner. No CLERICs could flank them for now, but it was only a matter of time before they managed to burst in with stronger reinforcements.
"Door's barricaded," Tia called out simply, staying in cover for now and turning her helmet back towards the FEARLESS commander, "Once this room's clear, GODFATHER, your team is good to go. Be quick."

4aSMEO6.png

Gaia exhaled a silent breath in preparation before the van they were within came crashing into the compound. During the whole initial rush of the operation getting underway as combat ensued the NOAH would appear come and collected on the outside but on the inside her heart pumped like a machine on overdrive much like most other's she'd presume. The girl waited for some of the first members of Fearless to exit the van before she herself calmly walked out the back and knelt down beside the van not even a few steps away from where FOX and Godfather were laying down suppression. With the two of them drawing so much heat from outside CLERICs they clearly needed some help so that they themselves could get inside as well and Gaia was happy to oblige.

Utilizing the precious seconds the chaos bought her; Gaia placed both of her bare hands out against the concrete beneath her and focused. She began to grin as within seconds the concrete in front of her began to rise and morph in two places. The sound of concrete rubbing violently against concrete rumbled just beneath the sounds of gunfire around her. The two mounds of rising concrete began to take shape as they both formed into wide humanoid shaped that were just an inch or so above six feet in height and a few inches wider than the average male. The concrete constructs were smooth in some places while jagged in others as they gave off the appearance of some type of exotic warrior of some kind as their design clearly looked like armor of some kind, completely flat pads of concrete around the shoulders and shins and a round helmet atop they're heads. The heads of the two creatures were round like a boulder with sunken holes for what would be eye sockets and moving maws with jagged teeth lining the inside. Additionally they had been created with a large square concrete slab nearly as tall and thick as they were for shields in they're left hands while a one-handed square war-hammer was held in they're right hands.

Pleased with her work Gaia issued the first command for them with a quick shout loud enough for Fox and Godfather to hear and also pointed at said individuals. "Follow and shield those two men until further notice." She didn't need to verbally state what she wanted her constructs to do but during this moment it was better than just having two massive things appear next to two people who'd never seen her elegance before. With quick rock sliding nods the two bulky constructs stomped their way over to the two Fearless members and slammed they're shields down in front of them in a defense manner before letting an unnatural bellowing roar towards the firing CLERICs as small arms fire pinged off and slightly chipped away at the thick concrete shields all while they would continue to do so all the way to the entrance and inside.

Gaia on the other hand had sprinted straight for the entrance and joined the others in the fight against the CLERICs who were beyond the door. Before the team she was on could set up a defensive position the initial threat forwards had to be cleared first before the forward team could move on. While still running she drew her sword from it's blue sheath and slide behind the reception desk a ways away from Jill; a burst of gunfire whizzing past her head as she did so. Gaia's constructs usually served as her protection in situations like these so that she and her creations could get in close and strike but they weren't here right now so the best she could do was hunker down until they returned with FOX and Godfather.

64dGx3a.jpg
"Remember, lives are depending on us."
Didn't matter. Fighting for his own life was enough for him.
"We can't help them."
A pity. Fodder, wastefully tossed into the funeral pyres.
"Get ready to move."
Unnecessary words. When were they not?
"Arata! Push up and clear them out!"
Clear them out? Kill them all.
"Consume me, Regana-Hier."
beatbreakruinfleshbloodbone

The prologue was Titan, an impervious force smashing through the barricade with gauntleted fists as bullets pitter-pattered like a summer rain against her artificial skin. In the face of the nigh-immovable object that was a young woman, the Clerics were quickly to switch towards heavier arms, switching standard bullets out for armor-piercing ones, grenades primed to be tossed out during that lull in gunfire. But it was too slow as the first act became, bullets that had been crushed against their own destructive speed and Titan's highly durable body rising up off the ground once more, Tia launching them at supersonic speeds, before more magnetic trickery danced into play. A flash of light, two CLERICs pulled in as distractions, while golems of steel emerged, guardians to further shield the attacking party.

Could they keep up?

Lionheart didn't care.

By the time those words were said, he had already drowned himself in the abyss that the Weapon of Massacre was birthed in. Blackness tainted the whiteness of his eyes, until only those eerie red brands remained, while the same stains twisted and burst all over the right side of his body, a rampant cancer that seized control of his thoughts and senses, corroding and corroding until, in his eyes, everyone was a mess of lines. Lines that told him exactly how to cut. Lines that told him exactly how to bring them to the brink of death. How to push them gently, violently past that point. So much forbidden knowledge, pushing him forward and forward and forward until it was much too clear now.

"I'm not in control." A warning? Or a plea? From zero to one hundred, Regana-Hier charged, a black blur against the orderly whiteness of the facility's hallways. The desecrated holy sword flashed, the sinner's edge sliding into the lines that he saw in his eyes, tearing through armor as smoothly as silk in a spring breeze, a pleasure resonating with his very soul in each kill. His first kiss, as fireworks burst in the agricultural district, tasting of corn and strawberry. Her grandmother's hand, gently stroking her head after a bad dream. His siblings' laughter, their feet stomping in the mud during a rainstorm, peals of childish giggles bouncing about. Her husband's warmth, bodies nude under tousled sheets, feeling as if she was really living.

Memories he'd never have. Memories he'd never make. Memories memories MEMORIES!

Their faceless faces fumed in the flames, connections burnt every time! The enemy MADE their choice, and he felt his now, the lion's heart surging and roaring and falling to pieces as the last feeling he had left made itself manifest.

Jealousy.

They all deserved it.

It took seconds for him to silence the Clerics, and Regana-Hier only continued to surge forwards, dodging automated fire, slicing barricades into bite-sized chunks, running and running and running because there was not a thing in the world left that he could hold except for this weapon that possessed HIM.

Ah.

He was in control.

FqHzxI3.jpg
Dashing into cover, close to Jill, Alexander leaned up against the wall. Seated, he simply pondered his rifle for a few moments, "You know. I've never felt more unnecessary." He almost found himself yelling the words to his fellow soldier, shaking his head a bit. "May as well conserve the ammo Jill. We're gonna need it, once all the combat focused NOAH are gone." Giving his own advice, Alex reached his hands up to cover his ears. Mostly to help deafen the roar of gunfire, the screams of the dying, and the horrific sound that steel against steel made, whenever Arata's sword slammed into a cleric.

There was no fear on Alex's face, nor even a look of discomfort in his eyes. At most, there was simply annoyance. Frustration at being benched off to the side like this. As the door slammed shut, and the last of the raiding party was inside, he finally picked up his rifle.

The fighting was beginning to die down, meaning he could stand up, and ready himself to check every corpse, to ensure there would be no problems. "Everyone in the front of the house with me. We're going to keep things clean, and well stocked just like a bar. Every cleric that shows a sign of life, should be killed with a knife. Conserve ammunition." The ronin didn't bark his orders, rather he spoke them, he wasn't a commander, but he was still a damn good fighter, who knew his way around.

"As for those of you going forward. Good luck."

GOgnKzr.jpg
Dmitry stood in his full gear, his M14 now resting on his back. In his hands, an aging 12 gauge shotgun, loaded, and ready. The NOAH looked like nothing more than a RONIN at this point. Seeing as Titan, and Arata had so brazenly taken the room. In a hail of gunfire, and a blurry display of sword play. However some words stuck with Dmitry, in particular Arata's battle cry, of no longer being in control.

Southpaw, let the claws slide from his hands, four eerily sharp, curved bones, protruding like daggers from his hands. It would be futile to fight Arata...the NOAH was like a revanant, a reaper of souls, a killer made unstoppable by some unholy powers given to him by a sword.

And what was Southpaw? To some a perverted, strange man, that behaved closer to a child. No one here had ever had a chance to really meet him. Shaking his head a bit, the NOAH tried to clear his thoughts, his claws slipping away just as quickly as they had come out. He didn't know the facility, or the way forward, so he waited, patiently. Lifting up the heavy metal visor on his helmet, so he could see clearly.

"Orders?"

gmTFu7C.png

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

wTy1GZ9.png

KRjTm6l.png

FRZTzJA.png

Everything happened so quickly. Battles like this tended to last little more than a few minutes. It was messy, sure, but what plan ever survived contact with the enemy?

Bullets whizzed back and forth as FEARLESS made their dynamic entrance. The team held their ground at the entrance as Arata sprung forth alongside Naomi. The two NOAHs dashed and smashed the resisting CLERICs to pieces, the poor soldiers standing no chance against the two, ELEGANCE wielding warriors. As Arata struck his foes with Regana-Hier, Chevalier watched on with a intense curiosity. "You gonna jump in?" Jill asked as she changed magazines behind the receptionist desk.

"I'm good. You?" Chevalier asked. His nonchalant attitude about everything was quickly getting on Jill's nerves.

Locking the fresh magazine into her rifle, she shot a glance over towards the blonde sword-wielder. "If you love the kid so much, why don't you just adopt him already?" Chevalier shot her a tense glare before bursting into a laugh.

Outside of the building, FOX and GODFATHER made their way in. Gaia's constructs shielded them from enemy fire and attracted a litany of gunfire as the two were able to safely jump through the entrance. As Tia shut the door behind them, they made sure that the CLERICs wouldn't be able to make their entrance anytime soon. By the time the two were inside and Tia had shut the door, FEARLESS was in full control of the lobby.

"Damn. That was rough." FOX remarked between heavy breaths. "Wasn't expecting so much heat." FOX took the opportunity to unclasp his helmet, raising the heavy brainbucket off of his head so he could take a moment to regain himself.

"No time to rest. Everybody remember their jobs?" Gillian shot glances towards the team, giving them a brief moment to catch their breath. "Good. Let's move, Team One." At the end of the large lobby was a single security door which led deeper into the complex. There was no telling what was inside, but they had no choice but to venture forth. FOX, Naomi, Godfather, Southpaw, Eresh, Arata and Juniper would advance into the building, while the rest held their ground inside. "Watch each other's backs. Got it? We have no idea what's inside, but that doesn't mean we can't all get through this."

Before Eresh could leave to join the line, Valkyrie shot her friend a glance. "Hey. Stay safe, yeah? I'd rather not lose you again." She smiled. "That goes for all of you, actually."

"Tia, Alexander, help me lift some stuff to put against the door." Jill ordered, laying her rifle and bag against the wall so she could begin pushing furniture. "Might as well make ourselves useful for now. Maria, watch those hostages, alright?"

FOX dropped his helmet back over his head as Team One fell in line, the advance team preparing to push forth into the next room. "Hey, Naomi." FOX placed a hand over her shoulder, waiting for her attention. There probably wouldn't be much time to talk after they went through those doors. "If the two of us get through this, you'll let me buy you dinner, yeah?" Sometimes, having something to look forward to is all somebody needed to stay alive. "Our first date was rather... explosive. I wouldn't mind a second chance."

"Alright, everybody ready? Let's go." Gillian opened the door, cautiously checking the room before stepping inside. On the other side of the door was a white hallway - barely wide enough for two people and nearly a hundred meters long. With rifles raised, Gillian and FOX moved slowly, watching each step they took in the case of security traps.

"What do you think this facility is for?" FOX mused, mostly to himself as the group made their way down the long hallway. At the end of the hallway was another door, similar to the one behind them. "It must be important if it's this secretive."

OsU6RWp.png
A breath pushed against the visor of his helmet as a heavily armored man stepped out of an armored van, the proud insignia of the 107th Elites marked on the side of the vehicle. Upon his arrival, his men filed out of their own transports, while the current CLERIC in command saluted, automatically acquiescing authority. A curt nod was directed to the leader of the 13th Lawkeepers Division, before Captain Daryl Evans turned to his men, all in the same black body armor that he himself wore. Heavily armed and identified solely with the codes written on their back, each of them was a CLERIC of the highest caliber, men that had hunted down the detritus of Project ORACLE and succeeded with an almost spotless track record. Though PALADINs were specialists in dealing with FEARLESS in its entirety, the Black Knights were distinguished as well, recognized by the Queen herself. Unlike those White Knights, impervious behind their immaculate tower shields, the Black Knights crawled through blood and mud, sacrificing life and limb to fulfill the directives of the Lord Commander, Vaskus.

And now, here they were again, against freaks of nature who lesser CLERICs had failed to slay.

And now, here they were again, against the remnants of a pitiful rebel faction that were on their last legs.

And now, here they were again, against the unwashed masses that simply couldn't comprehend that freedom was the greatest burden of all.

A clenched fist thumped against his heart, a single beat that inspired hundreds more, their valor and their devotion sounding over the gunfire. The briefing had been completed before this. Their enemy were few, but each were powerful.

Project GENESIS. Generation of bladed projectiles capable of automatically protecting the wielder. Near death experiences may trigger a berserk state, enabling it to survive mortal wounds.

Project TITAN. Incredibly durable. Impossibly powerful. Incomprehensibly tenacious.

Project THUNDERBIRD. Failed mutation, but still noted to have immense power. Highly potent electrokinesis, supplemented by other abilities.

Project GENOCIDE. Should have been dead. A close combat specialist, with skill and physical ability that surpasses PALADINs.

Project CRIMSON. Time eraser. Frail, but identified by the Queen as the one responsible for her brother's death.

Project CREATION. Golem creator and duelist. Suffers from both time limitations and material limitations.

Juniper Hamilton. Former Paladin. Her records speak for themselves.

Predictions: 632 seconds if alone, 153 seconds if together.

How many of his brothers would die today?

"Go."

They scattered, the battalion of 300 unholstering their heavy arms, flicking off their safeties, leveling their sights, and waiting. The Captain turned to the last member of the Black Knights and saluted the noble soul through the bulletproof windows of one of the armored van. His family will remember him, and his daughter's life will be saved as a result of this. A terse salute back, before the nameless CLERIC twisted the ignition. The vehicle's engine roared, before bursting into life, ripping through the entrance in the fenced off facility, before smashing into the white van that those terrorists used to get into. A violent impact smashed into Tia's makeshift barricade, her power potent enough to stop the two vehicles in its track.

That was within expectations.

Moments later, the explosives stored within the armored van was detonated, a violent plume of flame and force bursting outwards, ripping apart both vehicles and shaking the entire building.

With the purge well underway, there was no need for this research facility to exist any longer, after all.

64dGx3a.jpg
But even as the building shook, Regana-Hier ran on, unimpeded by thoughts of the origin of the explosives, of the possibility of Team Two's demise, of anything but how dreadfully empty the facility was. The blood rage had begun. He wasn't going to slow down. Seven cuts shred through the door at the end of the hallway, and he was running, running, running again.

Last edited:
8yGFPbO.jpg

From one lobby to another, Eresh had maintained a quiet, out-of-the-way demeanor. With something to anticipate, she'd become her pensive self; self-reflection was all she could do in the past to mentally steel herself for the carnage that was about to occur. Before, it was violence upon herself, but even as the mission involved hurting others instead, she couldn't help but feel the same anxiousness.

Anxiousness and fear...

For all her toughness, Eresh never really was fearless after what she'd gone through. Fear had a purpose, and for Eresh, that purpose was to remind her of what could be. She kept her head canted aside in the car, absently staring out into the chaos of the newly illuminated city. Her ears caught the name of a Praetorian being spoken of. A certain 'Reaper'. That was all it had taken to break Eresh's concentration. Flashes of riots and CLERIC troops trotting about were replaced with memories, and on multiple occasions, she could have sworn she saw the Praetorian's face in the crowds, watching her through the window of the car as it passed by. Her fist tightened and her breath became short. It took a few minutes to return her mind to normalcy.

Comparatively, the sudden lurch of the car and prompt disembarking of the team brought little more turmoil to her thoughts. Fear for Eresh... was just for the moments before. Eresh dashed out of the car, following just behind Naomi, knowing full well what her plans were. Bullets whizzed past as she used the sprinting juggernaut for cover, keeping low in her gait and carefully watching the sight of those CLERICs she could see. She could deflect a bullet, but it meant anticipating it first.

With the lobby breached, Eresh moved quickly for a wall obscuring the militantly-occupied hallway just beyond. As much as she wanted to simply punch through the wall, she couldn't be sure just how thick the interior structures were, or if she'd be greeted by a room full of armed CLERICs on the other side. For the time being, she let the ranged fighters do their stuff.

As the gunfire settled within, Eresh's posture loosened, she peeked around the corner more before realizing the room was emptied of resistance, and a door stood between them and further depths. She pushed away and inspected the makeshift barrier that was raised where they'd previously entered. With an outstretched hand, she traced the frame of the entrance, generating a dull glow that quickly burned white as it went along. Virtually welding it shut, she had to move her hand quickly across each inch, lest the material simply melt into a slag on the floor instead of grafting to the wall.

She stepped back, briefly admiring her work before turning to follow her squad. Valkyrie's gentle voice caught her in place, earning the girl a glance over the shoulder. Eresh grinned, bearing her teeth in a genuine look of devilish excitement.

"I've survived a lot. I think I'll manage whatever's down the hall." Eresh turned away, hiding her expression from Valkyrie as it returned to one of mild worry. She wouldn't show her friend a face like that. "Let's get this over with," she grumbled to her comrades as they departed the lobby.

m5XWu6x.jpg

Her helmet nodding obediently to Jill's orders, Tia hurried to reinforce the door in whatever more way she could. ...There were the hostages, but at this point, she doubted the responding force was even mildly going to be thinking about hostages. The carnage of everything was going to spread like wildfire pollution.

Midway through grabbing things to reinforce the door, however, Tia's body quivered, the vibrating hum of her ELEGANCE sounding particularly loudly as a huge impact - stifled so it didn't break her barrier - attempted to crash straight through the door. Her helmet snapping up, Tia called out to the others.

"Something's hit the barr--"

* c l i c k . *

"--!!"

The sound of it was deafening: another explosion that'd shook the very supports of the building.

The sheer force knocked her clean off her feet, pieces of metallic shrapnel minorly shredding the front side of her body and tearing apart her jacket, her ELEGANCE subconsciously protecting her from the fragments fatally burying or slicing into her skin. The reinforced, blackened visor of her helmet cracked as if it were glass, revealing the glimpse of a single, bloodshot grey-green eye surrounded by scarred flesh.

She could tell this unit of CLERICs were far more organized; trained and debriefed on how to go against a NOAH threat. Suppression fire roared against the front of the facility, the sound of high-caliber, advanced weaponry drowning literally everything out. They were willing to do anything to break in and put an end to the 'FEARLESS' organization, once and for all.

But Tia - and her comrades - were willing to do anything to keep them out.

Despite being knocked over and sustaining damage to the suicide attack, Tia's reaction to the damage the van's explosion had caused was lightning-quick. Whirling straight back up to her feet, spools of wire at her sides creaking and the magnetic hum of her ELEGANCE conjoining with the symphony of gunfire, she worked fast to repair the damage however she could in tandem with her fellow NOAH, lest the shots of elite CLERIC sharpshooters find their mark. There was no time to check, but the others had to be okay. Most were further away from the point of impact than she was.

Pieces of concrete-covered rebar from the rubble. Shards of vehicles outside. Countless guns, helmets, and pieces of armour from the fallen CLERICs - some with bodies still attached - combined together under the NOAH's command to fill in the damaged wall however she could. The sheer amount of things her magnetic-based ELEGANCE was doing to accomplish all of this seemed to be causing Tia's body to twitch and jerk out of control every now and again, a dizzying pain beginning to flare through her nerves, but she refused to stop.

All she knew was that she was fighting for something greater, and these were her enemies, trying to take everything away.

Tia didn't want to think about how many people were going to die - or had died - because of her. ...But she refused to sink away with nothing to live for again. Besides. Her real purpose - despite everything she'd done to try and deny who she really was - had been set in stone from the very beginning.

"...Weapon..." Tia whispered - tonelessly, inaudibly - under her breath. For a moment, as she continued to construct her makeshift 'barrier', something greater

But, despite what her mind was telling her to do, Tia didn't use her ELEGANCE to initiate any form of counter attack against the Elite CLERIC unit. Despite everything, there was still a little piece of the old her stopping her from just... slaughtering, and losing her mind whilst she was at it. She simply reinforced whatever damage was made with more parts - anything metallic she could find - to keep the front door held fast. Any form of grenade or breaching charge that came near to the door simply pinged off, repelled by the sheer amount of magnetic energy that was going purely into defending, and little into attacking.

Closing her eyes as pain surged through her slightly twitching body, the sounds of shots and the leftover, overwhelming ringing that'd still lingered from the explosion, she searched for something - a motive in her mind - to drown it all out.

' i won't let you get to them . '

Mentally, she repeated the sentence. Again, and again, and again, until it drowned out all gunfire and was simply a message on repeat that drowned out all sound.

' i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to her i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to him i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them i won't let you get to them '

To its best ability, the twisting, makeshift wall of metal and attached material continued to hold. But, already, pieces - one by one - were slowly beginning to drop off.

[glow=red]I WON'T LET YOU GET TO THEM .[/glow]

Status
Not open for further replies.