ғ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ʟ ᴇ s s - ᴀ ᴅʏsᴛᴏᴘɪᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ 「ɪɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ」

Status
Not open for further replies.
vNP7pYP.png

Naomi had spent the last few hours with her feet up on her desk, her chair tilted backwards with a pair of glasses on that appeared to have fake open eyes on them which poorly disguised the fact she was asleep. Because of this she'd almost hit the roof when her phone beeped, causing her to flail her arms as the chair fell backwards causing a loud crash followed by a long groan. The Titan slowly got up from the floor, straightening herself and the cubicle as she listened to the smug tone of Ashlynn request her to what she was sure was anything but a 'harassment claim'.

"... someone's gonna get punched" she mumbled to herself as she left from her desk and moved between the isles till she found herself standing between Fox's cubicle and Ashlynn's. Naomi was dressed in appropriate attire consisting of a business skirt with a white shirt tucked into it, stockings and smart footwear. Her dark hair was tied neatly into a stylish bun and in place of the fake glasses were some smart black framed glasses that tied her look together. It was all uncomfortable for the Titan and that by no means helped her mood when she was disturbed from her sleep.

Naomi noticed one of the candy pieces roll along the floor, looking towards Ashlynn with a bored look as the girl attempted to skillfully catch the pieces with her mouth before the Titan swiped the next piece out of the air. holding it between her fingers. "Do you want ants? ... because that's how you get ants... " she stated before flicking the candy piece to the small trash bin next to Ashlynn's desk. She looked over to Fox and then to the broken keyboard and let out a sigh as she put two and two together, "Can't you two go five minutes without pissing in each others coffee?" she asked with a flat look.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Valor
FqHzxI3.jpg
"You all complain too much. I don't see much of a change really. I'm still drinking, and wearing a nice suit. The only difference is, they gave me a nice, comfy chair to spin in when I'm drunk." Alexander joked, as he took a sip out of an unmarked metal flask. He leaned up against one of the cubicle walls, lazily adjusting his jacket so it covered the pistol holstered along his right side rib cage. The handgun seemed to barely even match Alex's frame, it was the Desert Eagle, the highest caliber pistol all of FEARLESS had still. The ronin had 'borrowed' it from the cat NOAH. "Look, just be happy we only have to fake working. I don't have to make Cleric's drinks, or deal with drunks anymore."

Slipping his flask back into the inside of his jacket pocket, the ronin shook his head a bit to shake off the light buzz he was starting to get from day drinking. "Besides, it's so much easier to hide a bulletproof vest under a suit...sure it's not quite a plate carrier, but it's a nice peace of mind item." Alex grinned at Fox, before looking over to Naomi who had stormed down to bitch about the mess of food, at Fox fighting with Ashlynn.

"They've always been like this. It's nothing new really. I mean...I can't remember seeing the two not fighting actually, and I've known them for a while now." Alexander turned around with a heavy sigh again, "I just want to fucking murder more people. Without getting yelled at that is...did we ever get a schedule update on that one? I'm fucking sick of not getting anytime behind the trigger. And because of this stupid office job, I can't go down to my favorite 'markets' to browse for new 'office equipment'." The ronin spoke with loose codes, everyone knew there were about two things that kept Alex happy.

Alcohol, and weapons...perhaps among the few things the ex-bartender could still rely on. One could kick him in the throat, and burn just enough to remind him he was human. The other could recoil into his shoulder, and slam his thoughts back awake.

Alex however turned on his heels, "Anyway, it seems I have to go sort company mail, and get wasted in the mail room. So if needed, I'll be mixing drinks, and trying not to shoot myself in the foot, hand, or head." Starting to walk away, he shook his head, "Oh never mind, looking at the time I have to go finish my delivery routes again. Here, someone sort this shit out." The ronin said, walking way, he tossed a pile of letters on the floor. Mostly just bills, and other logistics items. It seemed the ronin had the pleasure of not having to work in the office all day

So he disappeared once more to change upstairs, into the few bedrooms they had. His uniform was quite simple for when he went out to do mail work. Just a nice blue shirt, with "VHS" printed on the shoulders, a set of matching blue pants, and a comfortable pair of black work boots. Tying up the laces, Alex picked up his bag of mail, and left the office via the elevator. It was time to go slaughter a handful more clerics, and deliver a few explosive packages to 'loyalists'.

Certainly it wasn't something he was ever given permission to do. But bombings, and brutal murders reminded people that Fearless was still alive and well.

GOgnKzr.jpg

GOgnKzr.jpg
Dmitry approached in his cat form at first, the small suit, and tie clinging to his form. However as he neared Fox, he morphed into his normal form, stretching out with a yawn the cat tapped the ronin on the shoulder, "Play nice. Kitty doesn't like waking up from a nap. And I don't want to show off what else I can do, beyond turning into an unassuming animal." He practically purred the words. "I'll just stay here for a bit to make sure you two get along. No need for a company seminar on harassment."

Soon after the NOAH turned back into a small cat, and hopped up onto Fox's desk, and curled up, settling in the cat practically fell asleep within seconds of laying down. Always lazy, but always ready to fight. Besides, upon closer inspection of the cat's suit, one may have noticed the shotgun that while shrunk down to rest against his small chest. Was still present, and changed size with him. However that seemed unimportant as the loud purr, of the sleeping cat began to make itself heard.

m5XWu6x.jpg

Standing. Patrolling. Standing, more standing, and occasionally failing to use a computer properly, giving up, and playing some video game instead. As soon as Tia had fully recovered, that was her life now. For the time being, at least, because she wasn't sure how much longer she could go on giving Mixuki two polishes a day instead of three. And she still had no idea which jackass had the audacity to sit on her beloved vehicle.

For now, though, she'd come to understand there were more important things at stake.

Thanks to skilled treatment from Cassia - who Tia had quickly grown to respect, trust, and pay back for her help over the past few days - Tia was back on her feet again, though her movement and voice was still somewhat shaky. As much as the cream had helped to ease her burns and make them stop oozing, though, there was ultimately nothing that could be done about the scars that it'd left behind. For the sake of the others, she rarely ever took off her motorcycle helmet.

Folding her arms, silent with her back to the wall and clad in a smart but sturdy black security uniform, Tia's patrol and watch was mostly around the office's entrance, near the front desk where María worked. When the inevitable time came that the inspectors actually grew a brain cell and recognized the highly-wanted rebels, Tia was essentially the first line of defense. As GODFATHER had quickly found out when deciding where to make her work, her abysmal skill in reading and spelling made it one of the few viable positions for her.

"Can I get cat man and Tia from security over here? I have an unruly client that won't leave me alone."

...Right now, though, most of her time was spent dealing with shit like this.

A quiet, muffled sigh came from under the girl's helmet, before she gave a glance to María, one of the few people she actually opened up to nowadays.
"...Be right back," she murmured in a monotone that was, despite having a somewhat swift recovery, still rather weary. She took some mugs from under the reception desk, heading towards the main offices. "If something happens... call for me, okay? ...I'll bring us back some tea."

~ ~ ~

As soon as she made it into the office, it was virtually seconds of walking before two crumped up pieces of paper zoomed towards her. A less-than-pleased expression manifesting itself under a deep black tint, Tia couldn't even be bothered to dodge or react.

One made a quiet *paff* as it rebounded off her helmet; onto the carpeted floor. The other somehow found itself into one of the duo of mugs she was holding in her off-hand. Tracking where the projectiles had come from, she gave the new NOAH - Eresh, her name was - a long glance. ...Not that the newcomer was paying much attention, anyway, judging by how she was sitting.

"Stop wasting paper." Tia grumbled simply, before slingshotting the crumpled ball out of the ceramic mug, and into a nearby bin. "Hit Arata with one of those, and he'll take it as an assassination attempt." She hadn't really had the time to introduce herself to the various new NOAH that had managed to find their way here after New Eccelsia's recent raids, but Gaia, Eresh, Odin... and that god-damn cat that she was somehow second-in-command to, already seemed to fit right in.

As everyone expressed their displeasure with the whole FOX/VALKYRIE antics, Tia folded her arms and kept quiet, privately rolling her eyes as she examined the mess that had manifested itself around Valkyrie's desk. From keyboard fragments to gooey, fluff-covered sweets, her desk had it all. ...Where was Backdrop when you needed them?

As a brief silence came after her 'manager', Southpaw, handled things in a somewhat creepy way as usual, Tia spoke up.

"Ashlynn." Tia slowly began, her helmet slowly turning towards the NOAH's cubicle. Judging by the way she was looking at her screen, it seemed like she was about to chew her out for slacking off. As she spoke, however, it seemed quite the opposite.
"...Let's play co-op later."

The joking side of Tia clearly wasn't completely dead, and with little as that on the matter, she began to start making her move to leave.

Stopping, however, she supposed she should actually say something. Having Titan herself storm to your cubicle and a sleeping kitty on your desk who'd probably dismember if you woke him up would probably help the two 'get along', but Tia supposed she'd throw something else in just in case.

"Seriously though." She began over her shoulder, "One more complaint and you're both getting moved. We don't have infinite keyboards. So you," she glanced towards Fox, "...stop overreacting. And you," she turned back towards Valkyrie, "...stop winding him up."

She sternly waved a hand as she left, knowing Southpaw already had the whole thing under control.
"Now get back to work. ...Or at least pretend to."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Valor and Winter
4aSMEO6.png

GAIA sat comfortably in her cubical as she watched two tiny constructs she'd created out of two staplers duke it out gladiator style. They were both basically tiny vague humanoids made out of black and gray metal but one had a warhammer and the other had two large gauntlet fists. This kind of thing was something she would do often to pass the time as she got accustomed to her new group. She wasn't surprised that not many of the members seemed warmed up to her yet and who could blame them. It didn't matter, Gaia could deal with the solitude for a bit longer; it was nothing new. She wore a dark blue suit with a white undershirt and black tie accompanied by black pants and shoes. Her hair was tied up the same as usual along with the dark brown bandana.

It wasn't hard for GAIA to listen in on all that was being said and going on between the members. She did not peek over her cubicle to see but did chuckle a bit at how casual they all were to each other; especially the thought about video games when the NOAH believed she had the ability to create fights better than any game with such limitations. Speaking of which it seemed the warhammer wielder had won and was awaiting further commands from its creator whom promptly gave a thumbs down signalling the warhammer construct to finish pummeling the loser construct into the little metal bits. The NOAH grinning at this as she enjoyed the feeling of dictating such acts.

Another fun idea popped into her head as she commanded the little construct to go retrieve one of the paper balls she could hear impacting the carpet that was near her cubicle. Once it did she picked up the paper as it twisted about violently and shaped into a fairly cartoon like paper bat with a simple circular body and wide bat wings. She tossed it up into the air with a soft smile as it took flight flapping its paper wings; flying about the room now though she made sure it stayed near her cubicle and within sight. "Best not waste the paper after all." She said joking to herself.

gmTFu7C.png

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

As FOX and VALKYRIE continued to bicker among one another, FOX had not noticed the endless stream of paper artillery that had begun to find its way into his office cubicle. It wasn't until he turned around that his eyes finally caught wind of the barrage's aftermath. Far from amused by Eresh's antics, he stuck his hand out to catch the next projectile that attempted to find his forehead before tossing it into a nearby wastebasket.

"Jill was too lazy to get us a liquor license. Said it was too much work." Ashlynn began when Eresh inquired about an Employee bar. "Apparently you can't even store alcohol at an office without one. Though she might just be lying to us." The scarlet eyed girl shrugged. "I overheard Gillian saying that everybody drank too much at the AFTERLIFE anyways."

She tossed another sugary delight into the air, opening her mouth to intercept it. When it appeared that her next attempt would be a success, a hand suddenly snatched the candy out of the air. "Rude." Valkyrie shot Naomi a glare before defiantly tossing another piece of candy into the air, almost daring her to do something about it. The next sugary projectile was a wide miss, landing perfectly atop Naomi's head. "Bothering Jonathan is my favorite pastime, though. I'd get bored if I couldn't 'piss in his coffee'" She teased, nonchalantly placing her feet onto her desk.

"See what I have to deal with?" FOX sighed, running a hand through his hair before turning back to Naomi. "She always acts like a damn child."

"At least I'm not shooting heroine." Valkyrie spat, pretending to drive a needle into her arm. The words hit home with FOX immediately, who was already prepared to strangle her. It was a low blow and something FOX had always tried to keep a secret from others. While he knew that Valkyrie had always blamed him for the death of ECHO, he had never expected her to say something so mean.

"It was morphine." FOX's brows furrowed as he corrected her, a mixture of emotions coming to light. While he was angry at Valkyrie for having brought it up, he was more embarrassed that Naomi had to hear it. As Tia and Southpaw approached, FOX had already grown very tired of this conversation. "Yeah, whatever." He brushed their lectures off as he snatched his empty coffee mug out and off of his desk. "I'll be in the lounge." He remarked to the others before storming off towards the corner of the room.

As FOX stormed off, Valkyrie grunted. "Idiot." She remarked under her breath as she turned her attention back to the video game on her screen. "Yeah. I've got a party going so just join whenever." She mused back to Tia's invitation to play video games, still rather annoyed by her confrontation with the Ronin. Turning her attention to the company mail man, Valkyrie shot the man a terse nod. "FOX should learn to be more like you, Alexander." The NOAH remarked mercilessly, "Perhaps he'd be a better person, then."

--------

In the employee lounge, a pissed off FOX had jammed his coffee mug under the coffee machine. As the trickle of piping coffee began to pour into his cup, the Ronin momentarily buried his face into the palm of his hands. Valkyrie was right, FOX was and always had been a complete fuck up. ECHO was dead because his morphine-addicted ass couldn't save her. If he could, he would have switched places with her a thousand times over.

"Damn it!" FOX slammed his hand into the counter top, fighting desperately against the guilt that had festered in his chest. Noticing the shaking in his hands, FOX popped open the bottle Cassia had given him a week earlier and swallowed one of the pills. To his amazement, the pills had been working in holding back the withdrawal symptoms, though he wondered if his body was beginning to build a dependency for the pills instead. Pulling a chair out from the nearby employee lunch table, the Ronin set his warm mug of coffee against the table before settling himself into the seat.

The past week had felt like a game to FOX, a charade of normalcy that made him feel what normal life could be like. Was it wrong that he hated it? If this war ever ended, would the young soldier ever be able to find any sort of happiness? He had held a rifle in his hands ever since he was a child, it was all that he had ever known... and perhaps it was all he would ever know.

vNP7pYP.png

Naomi didn't falter from Ashlynn's glare, merely staring back with a bored expression. There was very little that could make the Titan flinch, though it was also no secret that the dark haired girl was tough as nails despite her being relatively small and petite. She took the small piece of candy from atop her head and flicked it into the bin as she listened to the two bickering, shooting a disapproving look towards FOX at the mention of heroine which withdrew into a raised eyebrow and a look of roused suspicion, remembering the small container of morphine he'd walked in with back at Cassia's apartment. When FOX picked himself up and left she turned her attention back to Valk.

Naomi picked the bag of candy from the table and in one easy motion crushed it, causing the pieces to jelly together into a sticky mess inside the bag. The Titan dropped the bag onto the table as she stared down at Ashlynn, "No, that's rude" she commented. It didn't wake a special investigator to see that Valk was being an ass and Naomi couldn't help but endeavor to give her a taste of her own medicine... besides, while FOX could lose a limb from pissing in Ashlynn's coffee, the Titan had far better odds. "Maybe they cut too deep when they strapped you to that table" she coldly stated, pulling on information from horrors that most NOAH wouldn't dare to discuss, especially used in the way Naomi intended.

The Titan lingered for a few moments more before she turned, but not before flicking the aerial which connected to her computer, causing the small device to shoot across the room, terminating her game. "Better call IT, your computers broke... " she said before walking away. Naomi usually wouldn't be so brutal or mean, but she'd put two and two together enough to know what she was doing to FOX and if she wanted to pick on someone, better someone her own size... well, metaphorically speaking. Naomi entered the lounge after FOX, stopping in the doorway as she folded her arms. "Hey... do you want to talk or would you rather be alone?" she asked, feeling the Ronin could use an actual conversation right about now.

m5XWu6x.jpg

VOMSVNP.png

By the time her two mugs had been filled and enriched with the luscious, brown-gold of a fresh brew, Tia didn't even bother to spare a glance back out from the break room into the office. Arguments were still happening. Tension still laced the air. By the time she'd added the milk and sugar - the amount she knew she and María preferred by now - things seemed to have settled down, but she was still quick to exit the offices, returning to her post at the front entrance.

As soon as she saw that short bush of pinkish-red of one of her now few fellow NOAH, there was always this... conflicting combination that manifested. A moment of absolute calm, like everything was going to be alright, before a wave of sudden anxiety - remembering that absolute empty feeling when she thought she hadn't made it - quickly followed.

It was a good thing she'd gotten a lot better at hiding her feelings, recently.

White reflecting on the black visor from the outside light, the sound of door hinges swinging open - without the use of hands - and gentle, still slightly limping footsteps neared the reception desk. Tia slowly placed one of the gently steaming mugs in front of María, tilting the handle towards her.

"Nothing important. Just another round of Fox versus Valkyrie." Tia explained simply, her voice a coarse monotone. She paused for a long while, footsteps retreating back to the usual spot she chose to lean on the wall. It seemed Tia was ready to then descend into seemingly endless quietness, as she sometimes did nowadays, before she spoke up.

"I just wish they'd realize how important we are to each other, now." Tia murmured, a tone of some sort of anger within her tone, before it quickly grew soft.

"...I'm just… glad you're here," she gave the tiniest of muffled, joking snorts. "...Dunno if I could, y'know… put up with it, otherwise."

María perked up upon hearing the gentle swish of the electronic doors, directing her body towards the noise. Tia was perhaps the only recognizable member of FEARLESS to the impaired NOAH these days--visually, at least. The bulky black blob that was her helmet concealed her face from everyone, yet signaled to María that her closest ally was around. Still, a small frown appeared on the tan girl's face, as her fingers glided around the ceramic of the cup, holding it between her entwined fingers.

"Again?" she asked, though it was a far cry from being unbelievable. Tensions ran high these days, with the members of FEARLESS basically being stacked on top of each other in a facade barely anyone enjoyed. "They need to get out of here soon..." María opined, before taking a quiet sip, the hot liquid burning as it ran down her body.

For a moment, the two women remained silent. "They aren't the only ones, actually." María looked Tia up and down, her eyes seemingly itching to close, as if the--admittedly poor--picture of Tia saddened her to the point of wanting to avoid it. "You haven't taken that thing off since we've gotten here, I think… That's probably not healthy."

Taking another sip, she put down the mug with emphasis, resting her head within her hand, her elbows propped against the frontdesk. "I'm glad you're not sick of putting up with me, is what you meant to say?" she teased, her lips curling upwards just a bit. "It will last for a while, I hope?"

"...I will come over there. Don't make me." Tia counter-teased. The two, even though María was a fairly new addition to FEARLESS, had by now been through more than enough to know the things they were willing to do to protect each other. María saying things like that only made Tia mentally roll her eyes, and she probably knew it.

Nothing but the gentle waves of car engines from outside came for a moment, before Tia tilted her head towards the window, changing the subject.
"Don't worry about me," She said in delayed response. "Just… be glad you don't have to see it. It's better for everyone else this way."

"...Cass especially. She may have fixed us up, but… I can tell she's squeamish. Besides, it's… not so bad in here…"

More cars. And with each passing car, came a new thought. Thinking about the flames. Thinking about what they'd done to her, and the things they'd almost taken from her.

...The things they had taken from her.

Not even noticing she was doing it, lost in thought, Tia's own breathing was becoming audibly louder; faster, amplified within the confines of her helmet.
"J… just don't worry about me." she repeated in a shaky whisper.

Straightening out her back, María's face turned towards the entrance, from where the sound of traffic hailed. It seemed to fill the pauses in Tia's speech. Silently listening to her friend's reassurance, María crossed her arms in front of her chest, rubbing the back of her hands against one another.

"You know, when we were in the palace, I..."

She swallowed audibly, wrestling with her words, and her intentions.

"I can't really say why, it's… It's somewhere in the middle of this hazy darkness--you know what I mean, right? But… Something reminded me of a good moment. It's weird, isn't it? The flames were awful. And yet, there I was, with you, and Rubel. And it felt, well, okay."

Sniffling, she forced out a laugh, clearing her head. A sigh escaped her lips, before she turned back to face Tia, slowly approaching the even taller NOAH, slowly walking up to her. Her steps were almost comically exaggerated, as if to give Tia the chance to back off if she wanted to, before reaching out, and placing her arms around Tia's sides, pulling her close.

"I am sorry."

Her grip tightened just a bit. Clinging to Tia, she felt an incredible wave of guilt was over her, forcing her to back up. A few quick, insecure steps backwards, and with her face towards the ground, she took her left hand into her right one, her body language shifting to an unmistakably defensive position.

"I… Sorry about that."

For a moment, it was hard to gauge Tia's reaction. She was unmoving; unresponsive. The only change that had occurred was her breathing, no longer hurried and fast. The cars kept brushing by, but they didn't sound so loud anymore.

In fact, everything felt silent.

"I… think I know what you mean." Tia finally began, her voice still in a monotone, but it was clearly repressing feelings. "...It felt good, because… well… we were almost sure we were going to die." A grim tone cut through the air for a moment, before Tia's voice suddenly perked up with a soft yet strong tone; from her heart.

"But it was okay, because we'd either die together, or for each other. We should've been scared, but… because of that, we weren't. Maybe that's why it felt… well, fine."

The sound of some sort of noise halfway between an emotional cough and a sigh came muffled.

"But here we are. Some things just… don't…" Tia stiffly shook her head. "...You know."

A pause came, her back still leaning against the wall, before she noticed María's hands twitching with guilt, her body reclusive. Closing her eyes for a moment, Tia stepped behind her, waiting until she was one or two footsteps behind. It was hard to find the words what to say, and it felt as if she were treading through landmines, but she eventually found two safe words.

"...You okay?"

Her body had remained locked up, turning María into a stiff silhouette, a shadow against the bright front-facade of FEARLESS's new headquarters. Her head moved around, constantly readjusting, as if to home in on a direction she was still trying to determine. Finally, her left hand pushed back strawberry blonde strands of hair behind her ear, and let out a nervous, gulping laugh.

"I'm… Yeah. I'm okay. I just-"

She stopped herself, half out of modesty, half out of confusion. Communication had become difficult as far as the recent past was concerned, much more so when it came to herself. Tia's words rang in her ears, and agreement as well as doubt whirled inside the NOAH's chest. For now, it'd have to be good enough of an explanation. Other possibilities were… frightening, for one reason or another.

"You know," she spoke up, a sad smile elevating the corners of her mouth, "I know you said… Well, the stuff about seeing you, but, well, to me you still look like before. Like when I first met you. No difference. I can't tell the difference, really. But beyond that, it's just... Your face, you know? Vague, but all the same." She stepped closer towards Tia, taking the helmet-clad woman's hands into her own. "And if I'll ever see your new face, I know that I'll like it just as much as the old one."

The blind NOAH's words rang with sincerity, and perhaps hope, cheerful even through the few silent tears trailing down her cheeks.

A delay of any form of response came for Tia to fully process the words. ...Her initial thoughts were that María was just saying it to cheer her up; to take pity on her, but… it was something about the way she talked. The way she held her hands.

She was definitely telling the truth. And as Tia realized that, she didn't know how to react.

Her limp hands twitched for a moment, before she returned María's soft grip for a moment. Even though the NOAH was completely obscured, it was still somehow easy to tell she was smiling. Even if it was just a moment. Through the scars and burns, just like how she used to.

"All right… fine…" she murmured through a soft chuckle, as if admitting defeat to her own doubts. "I'll believe you. ...Thanks."

As she slowly realized María's hands were still around hers, she looked down at them, before discovering she couldn't find what to say next. It just felt… nice, and familiar. That warm feeling of someone appreciating you, just like her first few months after escape.

Keeping quiet, Tia's head leaned down slightly, the edge of her helmet resting on the top of María's head.

For a few moments, the shorter woman allowed herself to lean against Tia's frame. Both of them had come so close to the end of their lives, within a mere arm's length of each other, in the middle of KING's inferno. Despite the heat of the flames that still flickered so vividly in everyone's minds, the sincerity of their embrace burned warmer, vibrantly floating and whirring around them.

Something inside of María, however, wouldn't allow her to rest against Tia for too long. The feeling edged her on. Reluctantly, María pulled herself away from her concealed comrade, remaining a mere step away from her, nose to kevlar. She knew that her own face stared back at her, rounded and matte, in the helmet's visor.

"Good."

The delayed response sounded accompanied the emergence of her hand's reflection on Tia's visor, nudging slowly towards the sides of the helmet. Barely any resistance would stop her motions, but ultimately, her fingers grasped the sides of the protective gear, her flat palms resting on the surface. Perhaps, it was hard to read in María's eyes, devoid of an accurate gaze, but in the split moment her hands lingered, it was obvious that she was trying her hardest to pierce the toned plastic, her mouth small, lips tightly sealed, quietly requesting permission.

"It is true."

• Nice Execution!
64dGx3a.jpg
'Take Your Kid to Work Day' every day.

That had been the joke that was meant to explain the younger NOAH's presence in Fearless Shipping LLC's headquarters, but all things considered, he really could have just posed as an intern like anyone else. Not that it bugged him particularly, when it meant he could be anywhere he wanted.

Or, well, anywhere that didn't feature Valkyrie and Foxtrot in the same room. They were both antsy, yes, but that didn't justify at all how prone they were when it came to property destruction. Or causing messes as well. Were they both actually just plotting to piss off Backdrop? Or cause any CLERICs looking for rebel scum to immediately get suspicious? Arata paused, before nodding to himself. Sounded about right. If they were attacked by CLERICs, those two would probably have a blast.

And then the PRAETORIANs would move in and then they'd be dead.

Foxtrot pushed his way into the lounge, haggard and too self-absorbed to notice the raven-haired youth sitting in the corner. With one eye on the veteran RONIN, Arata slipped out, not interested at all in his brooding. Someone else could take care of him. Yes, Titan could. He spared a nod to the berserker as he passed, ducking his head slightly more out of habit than out of fear now. With only three individuals left in the office, one of them being a sleeping cat-man and another being a stranger, the youngest NOAH found himself drawn to Valkyrie and her mess of discarded candy wrappers and torn up paper.

On the screen, she seemed to be mindlessly tapping away at pixelated blocks, absorbed in a meaningless activity as the in-game environment changed from morning to afternoon to evening to night. After a few minutes of watching, naturally, a question popped up.

"Is this even fun?"

FqHzxI3.jpg
Alex rolled his shoulders a bit at the mention of Fox, needing to be more like him. The ronin shook his head, and drew out his pistol. The man laid the weapon down on the table next to Valkyrie. He left the desert eagle sitting there for a moment, "Look at this weapon for a moment will you." He spoke slowly, his thoughts rolling off his tongue with the speed of a lazy cat. They didn't match how quickly the ronin was thinking, rather they gave emphasis to what he intended to say. "This weapon means nothing, until is held by someone that chooses to use it. There are two types of people in this world now when it comes to a gun." Continuing on, he picked up the handgun and racked the massive slide.

The large .50 caliber round slammed into the chamber, a loud clank of metal against metal filling Alexander's ears, and anyone that wasn't completely deaf. "There are those that can distinguish if they're killing the right people. And those that cannot. Clerics cannot, Paladins cannot, and even Praetorians cannot. Then there are those who can. Fox being a prime example. He still has a very human emotion to his soul." Grinning a bit now, Alexander spun the loaded pistol by the trigger guard, letting the desert eagle perform a few small circles, before the pistol grip was back in his hand. His thumb reached up and knocked the safety down, setting the weapon to fire. "I personally can no longer distinguish who to kill, and who not to. I accept collateral damage as a necessity...I find nothing more enjoyable than killing entire squads of clerics."

"The sensation of blood on my hands, sends a chill up my spine. I love that. It's the only emotion I really feel, beyond sarcasm, and exhaustion...that feeling is raw blood lust."
Alex almost had a moment to purr the words, taking a lesson from the cat NOAH in drawing out some of his sentences it seemed. "Fox on the other hand cares about individuals, human beings. And so on. Fox would give his life for so many people here, even you, I'm sure. Fox has a goal in mind, and that's to defeat the Praetorians, even if he has to die to do it."

"My own goal isn't noble...it only involves revenge at this point. I've killed clerics, men, women, even children I'm sure. You can't just plant a bomb in a shop frequented by Clerics, and not expect to kill so many more. Besides, if I can kill the cleric...why not kill his wife, his friends, his children? If I have to suffer, so shall they." Alex finished his explanation, by pushing his desert eagle back into the holster under his suit jacket. Before turning away, to go to the mail room and change into his uniform. It was time to cause Chaos...at least that was his own intention, between delivering letters.

"Now do take care. If you cannot see my vision. Then it means you have your own...it isn't right nor wrong. It is simply, your own vision Valkyrie. Forge your own destiny, but do not interfere with mine, unless you intend to kill me."

gmTFu7C.png

Yul5rZ6.png

vNP7pYP.png

Silence gripped the employee lounge as the tired soldier sat at the lunch table, a white tabletop made of that cheap, rickety plastic that everybody seemed to hate. Perhaps that was the one thing that he and the table had in common. Setting the warm cup of coffee against the horizontal surface, FOX heard a familiar voice reach out to him. "Either is fine." He remarked without averting his gaze. He had told himself just a few moments ago that he didn't want to talk to anybody, but it seemed that he had always held something like a weakness when it came to being with Naomi.

As she entered the room, FOX hid his frown behind his steaming, porcelain mug, drinking a shot of caffeine as tired eyes nonchalantly drifted towards Naomi. "I take it you're here for a pep talk," He began slowly, "First you'll soften me up a little with some small talk, maybe tell me how it's not my fault. Then you'll get real with me, tell me that I need to grow a pair. If I'm lucky, you'll even give me a little health lecture on drug abuse?" He spoke in a monotone,

After a short pause, FOX realized he was starting to sound more and more like Ashlynn. "Sorry." He apologized after a moment, "Didn't mean to take it out on you like that." After all, it wasn't her fault he was a sad sack of shit.

The Titan uncrossed her arms and walked in, taking a seat on the other side of the plastic table before crossing a leg over the other as her teal eyes watched FOX. Her face was expressionless as he listed off how she'd socially manipulate the conversation in a way to try and break through and help him, remaining silent for a moment even after he apologized. "You're a big boy Fox and I'm not your mother. So I'm not going to do any of that and you want to know why?" she gave a slight shrug as she watched him, "Because I know it won't make a difference".

She shifted her gaze to eye the plain looking room for a moment, crossing her arms once more as she looked back to him. "At the end of the day none of were supposed to be here. You were never meant to grow up with a gun in your hands, I was never meant to become a monster" she exhaled a small breath, "Yet here we are, huddled in a building pretending to live normal lives till we decide the best way to suicide ourselves".

She was quiet for a moment and as the silence fell into the room one could almost think Naomi was just talking out loud without much of a point to make. "All I know is, there are a group of people in the next room relying on me as much as I rely on them. Good people fighting for a worthy cause, so that maybe one day we won't see children holding guns or being made into monsters anymore".

Naomi would unfold her arms again and reach to her neck pulling up a lace string attached to the silver bullet Alex had managed to recover from the remains of AFTERLIFE. She placed the perfect silver bullet on the table, "I lied before" her eyes moved from the bullet to the Fox. "I was going to use this to kill myself when this was all over, even if we somehow won. To escape the nightmares and leave this world, bury one of their monsters built to take life" her expression remained devoid of emotion as she spoke.

"It can be fired from any normal sidearm, which means I could have used this at any moment at any time of my choosing. I won't lie to you when I say how often I felt like using it, to give up and shed myself of this word ... this problem, once and for all... but I can't" she motioned to the next room with a nod of her head. "Because they need me and they need me to be at my best, and you know maybe one day I'll get the selfish chance to throw myself in the flames and die for them. But I can't do that if I kill myself before that opportunity presents itself" she'd never told a soul about this before.

"Sometimes I don't want to live, sometimes I still think about destroying myself. But not before I see this through. You're your own man Fox and no one can tell you what to do... but if you're not going to stop for your sake, at least do it for theirs... because they sure as hell need you too".

Azure orbs flashed towards Naomi dismissively, his mind trying to take in the words that came out of her mouth. They were good intentioned, sure, but they were nothing that could potentially make Fox feel better about himself. As Naomi continued to speak, the man's eyes fixated themselves upon the silver, cylindrical object that was placed down onto the table in front of him.

"You don't need to worry about me, I've always been ready to see this through." He remarked, setting his warm cup down across the plastic surface before him. Suddenly, the Ronin began to lean inwards, blue eyes watching Naomi's own as the space between both portraits slowly compacted. Noticing a sad flicker in the girl's dark eyes, his lips gravitated dangerously close to Naomi's own, as if they had embarked on an irreversible collision course.

"I think you on the other hand…" He whispered gently, navigating his hand across the table and towards the confused Noah on the other side. "...need somebody to make a decision for you." Before Naomi could realize what he was doing, the Ronin plucked the silver bullet off the tabletop, his face slowly retreating away from Naomi's own as he leaned back in his seat. "Think of it as payment for saving your life." He teased, curiously studying the bullet between his fingertips.

The raven haired Titan was too stubborn to flinch, despite the confusion and dare she say fear, that welled inside as he approached her. The neural enhancement flashed warnings to her subconscious, begging her to engage and tear FOX apart like many others who had fallen victim to her overwhelming attack methods. Thankfully the conscious part of Naomi had control out of her elegance, though the result of that left her teal eyes searching his face with uncertainty, transitioning into anxiety as she was presented with a situation she didn't know how to handle.

FOX seemed every bit as sly as his moniker, noticing the bullet falling into his possession as he examined it, taking it as some form of payment for helping her years ago. Instantly she was unsure how to feel about that, given the item in his possession had the capability and potential to kill her with maximum efficiency. Her eyes changed to red within a blink of her eyes, a physical change that once upon a time would cause the hardiest FEARLESS Ronins to tense up. Her brow furrowed as the crimson irises moved between him and the bullet, "And what exactly do you intend to do with it".

Her tone conveyed the seriousness of the question and it'd be obvious to anyone that the answer was important to her. In his hands lay the only option she have of being able to take her life into her own hands, the choice to remove herself on her own terms and not when her body would permit her to die... whenever that'd be given it was designed to keep her alive through almost every scenario.

"I'll make sure you don't do something stupid with it." He replied, noticing the Noah's eyes change in hue. The brilliant, scarlet gemstones were something he had seen before, though admittedly he had never been their focus. While other men may have found his position frightening, Fox welcomed it, almost challenging Naomi to reach across the table and smash him into nothingness.

"I don't want to see you hurt yourself." Fox remarked, gripping the foreign ammunition in his hand. "It's just…" He paused, eyes shifting as he struggled to find the correct words, "...I think you're better than that, Naomi." The Fox creased his lips into a weak smile, a rare sight indeed. Pushing the round into his pocket, the young man stood up from his seat. He planned to hold onto it for safe keeping, though whether Naomi would let him walk out with it was another story entirely.

The Titan listened carefully as her eyes watched him for a response, as if the internal engines of her mind was deciding whether or not to engage him and take back the bullet forcefully. Though it was true the item was kept with the intention to kill her, but at the same time it held far more value to her that few would understand. She blinked again and the Neural Enhancement shifted, holding onto it wasn't disposing of it which would have been worse. When he tried to leave her hand shoot out and gripped his arm, not tightly but firmly enough that he'd sense her hesitance and reluctance. She stood up and faced him, "I've known you long enough to be able to put some faith here... but that object is more to me than an escape" she hoped he'd get the point after what she'd previously explained.

In his pocket was her right to choose, and that choice was her own victory over what was done to her. She hoped he'd understand that. She let go of his arm and exhaled to recompose her anxieties and inner instability. "And try to take on board what I said... even if you think it's a load of shit" she managed a small smile, the same cocky one she usually wore when taking the piss or being sarcastic.

As Fox moved to leave the room, he stopped at Naomi's sudden grip, turning momentarily to shoot the Noah a passing glance. "I'll take good care of it." He remarked, understanding what the bullet meant to her. "Thanks for the pep talk. Maybe next time we could do it over dinner." He wanted to laugh, but was afraid that he was already pushing his luck. "See ya," he waved before disappearing back around the corner. He felt better now, whether it was from Naomi's talking or from the caffeine, he wasn't sure.

Lc5tbe2.jpg

Among the early shades of Autumn, Valhalla's streets laid barren amid its towers of concrete and steel. Devoid of life save for the clusters of Cleric that jogged through its many districts, clad in their white combat armor. The scene was not all too different than the one vibrantly painted in the sky. The heavens above a relaxing azure among the whites of soft angelic clouds. Should have been a welcome change to the otherwise dreary and rain stricken climate know to Valhalla. A day fit for solace, for picnics in the local park, outdoor sports among friends and quality alone time between lovers. It instead went all but unnoticed and would be the least memorable spectacle of the day given the profound events that were to grasp its citizens.

__________________________________________________________________________________​

Accompanying warm rays of sunlight in their search for the otherwise dark corners of the city. A soft cool breeze wisped by the flapping banners that adorned Valhalla's outdoor halls. Howling past street corners and vainly attempting to ease its way through the window panes and the cracks of doors. Valhalla's fair residents were vigilant in closing it out. Keeping doors tightly shut, curtains drawn, and windows firmly locked. Gleefully ignorant to the natural beauty of the outside world. The people preferred the bland but familiar view of their interior walls wherever possible.

Even among the tables of the local pub, all were huddled to themselves. Staring down at their drinks, with stone faces that revealed no emotion. It seemed that in place of chatting, singing, or having a rowdy time. The appropriate thing to do was not make eye contact with anyone around you. Just to sit and resembled a fun house of mannequins or strung up corpses while you drank away the late hours of the day.

Fights or drunk complaint about life, the government, or even your friends were quelled with fear. It didn't matter that they were in a pub. If you said something there was always the one guy who would rat you to the Cleric forces and have a dozen eye witnesses to back him up. As if that weren't enough, the television in the middle of the lounge sported the all too familiar large bust of the King of Valhalla. Well known for its daily announcements, even if never confirmed, it was accepted knowledge that it could not only transmit transmit sound but also record it.

Only in the corner of the bar did a few merry and daring men and women enjoy actual conversation. Filling the silence momentarily with echoed voices and laughs to the disdain of those seated alone. They were showered in leers and gazes which they seemed accustomed to ignore.

Following a raised voice from their corner of the room a pale young man entered the bar in a bid to escape the outdoors. Not paying the sight of so many lone drinkers in funeral silence a second glance, he had come from a department store a few blocks down and ran the whole distance from there to the bar. Breathing heavy now, he looked briefly over his shoulder as the door closed behind him. Quickly there after falling in with routine he went up to the bartender with a slip of alcohol rations.

Wearing the standardized citizen clothing for men, he was a shade of darkened yellow from head to toe. With a button up jacket covering his white cotton shirt and light blue over shirt underneath. On both his shoulders were the blue embroidered emblems of New Ecclesia.

E5vhYke.png

__________________________________________________________________________________​

Cleaned prim as often they were the subject of write ups and fines by Cleric. Many a citizen was regarded as lowly for not keeping it the pride and joy of their outfit.

Women fortunately had but one emblem to worry over. Located on the left side of all their clothing just above where their heart lay. Its placement symbolized their role within Valhalla society. Swearing an oath to always have Ecclesia on and within their hearts, men in return were expected to shoulder the burden of government with their every act. Fashioned with opposite colors, women wore light navy blue, with skirts kept at regulated knee height. Their emblem being white instead of men's issued blue, it was to make cleaning a greater responsibility and represent the purity of their wearer.

Looking to the group gathered in the corner, it was clear to the young man and everyone else that their emblems were severely tarnished and neglected. The women's had been stained to colors of brown, red, and mixed tan. No longer the clear white of day one issue and wrinkled, they revealed the lazy and apathetic care of their wearers. As well as suggesting the habits of heavy drinking and terrible hygiene. The men's were faded, torn, and unrecognizable on some shoulders. A result of disregard and lacking pride for the symbols they bore, they were not to be trusted.

Eyeing them up with contempt as he waited on his drink, the young man turned just as the bartender finished pouring him a shot of clear foul smelling liquid. A disliked but generally tolerated substance that kicked with a scent of ethanol and tasted of rubbing alcohol mixed with rotten eggs. He downed it in one swallow before coughing it up and handing over another slip of paper for a pint of beer.

Taking his neon green liquid to what empty tables remained, three big swigs of the stuff disappeared before he set it down and wiped white film from his mouth. Looking around nervously at nearby tables as their hosts turned to look at the apparent outburst of his subtle movements. He smiled sheepishly before taking more smaller sips. Tasting of water more than could be considered beer, "piss water" was an apt name for the stuff, but most seemed not to mind. It was all they had and the alcohol content was there. Your chances dying from an allergic reaction or poisoning weren't as high as they use to be either.

Turning his attention away from the piss water and toward the television that many held with empty glazed stares. The current program was momentarily interrupted for a repeated news bulletin. The beautiful raven haired but stoic anchor detailed the events in a monotone as she had for the past week. Speaking on the King of Valhalla's funeral after a ruthless assassination at the hands of a vile and murderous rebellion group known as FEARLESS.

VeaeKu3.png

She detailed events leading up to the attack before showing blurred footage of the ball's guests being savagely murdered. Subsequently, being replaced for the speech delivered by the Queen upon the day of the tragic event. Her anguished words swearing justice for the crime repeated for the hundredth time..

Receiving little reaction now from those seated, it was little more than an infomercial to reinforce what had already been learned a week prior. Having solidified the information into the hearts and minds of most who watched. It acted as mere reminder to the weak and tired, that they should continue their hard work, while those to which it stirred emotions of sorrow and anger were to volunteer as the next recruit of the Cleric Corp.

Unexpectedly with a flicker the television screen image became chopped into pieces by static and interference. Audio distorted until cutting out completely and video blanketed in blue until blinking to black. The picture returned within a few minutes but not to greet its daily viewers with the original program. Instead it introduced them to something completely foreign, and the pubs partisans all sat up in their chairs before calling others over.

"People are already beginning to call it the New Jerusalem…" The normal, muted colors of the usual, state-run Valhallan news channels had been replaced by news anchors they had never seen before. Vibrant swaths of color drew across the screen, as the footage seamlessly transitioned to another set of anchors who spoke in foreign accents. "This is rather alarming, a new city off the coast of Spain?" The news transitioned again, a string of alien television sets that had never been seen before. "What a bunch of lunatics! Who in their right mind would want to live in a country that you can't leave? Utopia my ass!"

"Breaking News: The United States has raised its alert to DEFCON 1 in the growing tensions between NATO Forces and the Eurasian Front. Hostilities continue to escalate as Russo-Japanese Forces threaten to invade Korea if Germany attempts to intervene on the construction of the city…"

The footage cut once again to a young man standing in what appeared to be a construction yard, hundreds of people carrying signs lined up behind him. "... We just want peace! A place where we can be free from these fucking mutants! How could the government hide this from us for so lo--"

"--It is a very, very nice wall. Some of the people inside of it are questionable, others, I assume… have good intentions. If I were to build a wall, I would have built it like that one. Though I would have done it for cheaper and I would have made sure that Mexico--"

"-- The United Nations has already developed new sanctions against the city that now calls itself VALHALLA. Sixteen countries including the United States and the United Kingdom have refused to acknowledge the city's independence. Even the Pope has spoken against --"

"After nearly fifty years of construction, the city that had begun construction in 2010 has nearly been completed, several countries still refuse to acknowledge its status as a sovereign nation and tensions over the city's independence are the controversial topic among those in the United Nations--"

The footage finally cut to a black screen, an ominous set of words forged across every television in the city:

6CJ5SBm.png

A cloaked figure stood among the streets of Valhalla, watched as the news spread like a virus, cell phones steadily erupting into a high pitched orchestra. His masterpiece was almost complete. Flipping open his own phone, he navigated his contact menu until he found Tia and Monad. Opening a new text message, he quickly tapped the buttons on his screen:

"Turn on the television"

YDy7.png

KRjTm6l.png

FRZTzJA.png

wTy1GZ9.png

9Mf3rtG.png

Within the company conference room, ODIN finally stood and opened a briefcase.

"I'll keep this short." ODIN explained, "I have reason to believe that the government has recently finished production of a super weapon." He navigated his fingers to his glasses, pushing the lenses up the bridge of his nose. If what ODIN had suggested was true, then it would confirm what CHEVALIER had initially talked about - except it would come from a more credible source.

"Can you say for certain?" STINGRAY asked, shooting a momentary glance towards Juniper beside her.

ODIN shook his head. "No, this information was found among highly trusted sources. Whether the weapon exists, or is complete, is still up in the air. Everything I know is merely the result of my findings."

"And what were your findings, if you don't mind me asking?" Chevalier crossed his arms. The fact somebody else besides him had found this information was quickly making him uneasy.

"I've been following paper trails for awhile now. Found some interesting things, it seems that the government has been working on this for a very long time. Since Valhalla was built, even." ODIN paused, "I have no idea what it is, only that they have been pouring resources into it for a long time now and that whatever it is, it's in the Imperial Palace."

"It's a super weapon, alright. The government plans on using it to wipe the city out." Chevalier explained, "This is the weapon that I was talking about." He directed his sentence towards GODFATHER.

"Your information corroborates with what Chevalier has told us, though Chevalier thinks that it's a laser of some sort." Gillian explained, "Unfortunately, how would we even destroy such a weapon? The Queen's Palace is the most heavily defended part of the city. We had to wait years to plan out that strike on the cathedral."

ODIN removed a map of the city, drawing a red circle over the map with a pen. The group hunched over the map, the red circle hovering around an empty section of the city. "There's nothing there." Jill remarked, her brows furrowed in a confused expression drawn across her face.

"It's an underground military facility. I know for a fact that the schematics to the weapon are inside a black Node within." ODIN explained, "Heavily defended, I've mapped out some of the security procedures, but it's not something that can be easily done. We will need a distraction if we wanted to..."

Before ODIN could finish his sentence, Valkyrie and FOX burst through the conference doors. "GUYS!" The both of them shouted in unison. "Turn on the television!"

Jill picked up the remote and flipped on the television that always sat in the corner of the room. Since the only thing that was ever aired on television was mind-numbing propaganda, it went without saying that the television saw very seldom use. To their surprise, a variety of unfamiliar figures from places they had never seen before began to speak to them. "What's... what's going on?" Gillian froze as he watched the events unfolding on screen. The room sat in confusion as Gillian turned towards Chevalier, "What the hell is this?" Gillian grabbed the blonde-haired man by his blazer, shaking him in place.

"What makes you think I know anything abou-"

"Don't play dumb with me!" He shouted, smacking the man across the face. The door to the conference room was open and the members of the team began to trickle in.

Rubbing his cheek, Chevalier looked up at the people around him before the message changed back to the Valhallan News.

"Rioting has broken out across the city, the world is plunging into a state of confusion! Our great government has declared martial law and urges its citizens to stay inside for the duration of these riots!"

"Well, looks like you have the distraction you were looking for." Jill smirked, "Shall we gear up?"

Gillian wasn't sure what to think anymore. VALHALLA was a lie? What did it all mean? "Fifteen minutes. Everybody get your shit together and be back here in fifteen minutes." They were questions that would have to wait. Now was their chance to make their move.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakers
FqHzxI3.jpg
"It was all a lie?" Alexander asked, staring at the television set. His ears tuned out everything around him, the tall male going almost deaf to anything except for what was on the flickering screen. The Ronin had spent so long...fighting. For nothing, but a mirage, a fake world. Fake people. A plastic life that meant nothing. He felt like a worthless pawn, being used in a child's game.

And yet, that inspired Alex one last time. It gave him something to fight for again. It let him know there was hope once the fighting was done. They were low on weapons, gear, and anything else that could have aided them. Still the RONIN was the first into the armory room they had set up. Ripping off the panels that hid away what rifles, pistols, and ammunition they had. Practically ripping the first rifle he could out of the wall, the man pulled out the reliable, and time worn AK-74. He recognized the rifle, seeing a small engraving with Andre's name in it.

Several more magazines, strapped in a basic chest rig followed. The magazines slipping easily into the old, worn out pouches on the front. The chest rig offered nothing for protection, however it allowed Alex to easily transport equipment. A pair of flash grenades, and a single hand grenade were added to the few remaining empty pouches. Along with the massive desert eagle Alex now carried, which was moved down to rest against his leg, easy to draw, and holster as needed.

Along with a knife on the opposite leg, so that he could instigate close combat comfortably, should any of his firearms go down. The ronin felt alive...ready to end this paper world around him. His fingers still trembling from his mixture of emotions, which included rage, joy, and confusion, he wandered back to the breakroom. Having managed to settle himself down enough, after his initial rush to gear up.

It had only been about five minutes or so before he himself was done. Racking the bolt back on his AK-74, he let a 5.45 round chamber with a grimace. "Today New Ecclesia will die with a whimper. This nightmare will disappear...with only a faint trace left." Alex said to no one in particular, letting a slight grin cross his features. Considering how many had died because of him in his lifetime, to keep a simple fantasy alive, the Ronin was more than happy to volunteer to take point, and go first before anyone else.

GOgnKzr.jpg
Dmitry constantly considered himself the odd one out in the group, and didn't bother to socialize with the others while they were getting ready. The news that Valhalla was just a lie, created by a select few certainly was infuriating. However the cat simply went about his business in getting ready, making sure all of his M14 magazines were loaded, and that he had plenty of extra shells for his shotgun. Along with finding himself a new sidearm, which was a fairly plain looking P226 handgun.

The NOAH at least welcomed the idea that this was all just fake. After all, it meant he could disappear once more after all the fighting was over. What good was it to be a cat, if everyone already knew you were simply a human in your truest form. Southpaw slipped on his heavy armor, and the large, green helmet he wore. Pulling the metal mask on the front down, across his face.

His features completely hidden now, except for those who looked close. Some may have caught a small glimpse of his yellow eyes. Dmitry finished gearing up shortly after Alexander did. The NOAH taking a chance to grab a seat in the breakroom, and rest for a moment. After all, class 3 body armor, weighted down with magazines, and spare shotgun shells was never all that lightweight.

VOMSVNP.png

With a quiet smile on her face, María's hands allowed the helmet to slip down between her fingers, and sink back onto Tia's head. Almost childishly, the impaired NOAH shuffled before her taller partner, smirking at her. "Proof enough?" she asked, teasing Tia, before her little schtick got interrupted by the sound of a vibrating device. Slipping her hands into her pocket, she fished out the phone, holding it only with her thumb and index-finger, letting it dangle right before her eyes, as if she was examining the device.

Monad's brows furrowed as she tried to make out the thin letters against the dim glow of her screen, her eyes squinting. With some help from Tia, who had received the same ominous message, the content was known quickly, but that did not ease the skepticism on María's face.

"The television?"

Her confusion and curiosity got the better of her, and so she abandoned the receptionist's desk, and turned to join the majority of FEARLESS in the conference room, where she knew the group had a TV. On her way there, wonder over the source of the ominous message plagued María's mind. Could her phone possibly be tracked by anyone? She decided to tell FOX about it later, but quickly lost her train of thoughts when the almost complete FEARLESS roster stood in front of the screen. Monad froze, as a barrage of foreign accents and names she had never heard before rang through her ears.

Making her way to the television, María almost pressed her face against the screen as soon as the rest of FEARLESS had seen enough and began conversation. Even through the haze her almost completely useless eyes veiled the world in, she could make out colors unlike any she had seen before... before her sight withered. A crowded, never-still construction site and people clad in clothes unlike she had seen before. A horribly orange-skinned man comparing the walls that protected VALHALLA to his own. A round table of people calling them... lunatics? So there were people like them, that refused to accept what the Ecclesians have decreed; but they were out there, somewhere in the nightmare that was the outside? No, surely, it couldn't be true... Blurred scenes flashed before her eyes, and for a moment it felt as if she was looking through the eyes of someone else; No, herself, but much younger, when her eyes worked flawlessly, when she wore awfully prim and proper dresses, when she...

"Tch..."

Gritting her teeth, María had to keep herself from spitting on the floor, a foul taste overwhelming her for a moment, a series of stings trying to draw out a headache. After a moment of regaining her whereabouts, María began to return to the here and now, dutifully listening to GODFATHER's words. There may have been a lot of chaos going on, out there on the streets of VALHALLA, but she knew that it'd be nothing compared to what would go down once they made their way into the lion's den. Her finger's glid down to her calf, rubbing over the fabric of her pants.

There was something she hadn't done in a very long time, and the situation screamed for drastic methods...

m5XWu6x.jpg

As María reached over to place the burnt helmet back on the NOAH's head, her exposed, burnt mouth was smiling. Even as she re-adjusted her helmet and watched silently as María shuffled, she was still smiling. As if, for a moment, there wasn't anything to worry about, even in a place like VALHALLA.
"...Proof enough," She agreed softly. Reaching over, she gave María's hand one last squeeze before she returned back to her post. "I don't know where I'd be if you weren't here. Remember that."

Shortly after, however, a text had come through on the phone Tia rarely ever used anymore. Grabbing it with a frown, she looked up at María, who'd also seemed to have received the text, too. Rejoining María's side silently once more, this time in a much more serious manner. Who the hell would be texting them at this time of day? Either way, for obvious reasons, her fellow NOAH wasn't going to be able to figure out what it said without her.

A mix of a lack of general education and dyslexia made Tia frown in confusion under her helmet, even at such a simple, four-letter sentence. Thankfully, that was what the 'text-to-speech' button was for. Pressing that option hurriedly, a low-volume, robotic voice read out the unknown text for the two, who - for different reasons - were unable to read.

"TURN ON THE TELEVISION."

The helmet-clad NOAH stared at the phone in blank silence for a moment. Looking to María briefly with a puzzled tilt of her helmet, it seemed her fellow NOAH had gone over to investigate. Tia, however, wasn't so eager to go and look.

She rarely used the old phone; who'd sent this? Instead of following the directives given by the text, straight away, Tia thumbed the 'call number' button on the cell phone, having enough basic understanding to know that whoever she was calling had sent the strange text.

Putting the sound on the 'loudspeaker' setting, Tia waited, staring at the phone as it gave a series of slow, melodic and mechanical rings.

The phone rang three times, before it was picked up. A pause, and then, a voice, garbled by a voice changer, replied.
"Hey, Tia."

"Who is this. Answer me."

"Your...brother. Reg. Met during that party a couple months back."

"Funny. I'll ask again. Wh--"

Though her voice was a coarse monotone, whoever the hell this was knew her name. Or rather, her 'nickname', as she'd never remembered her true one. Whoever was calling her was an ex-FEARLESS member, who knew her number. And liked to play--

--!!

No.

"--It can't be you..." Tia suddenly spoke out loud, her tone suddenly showing clear disbelief. Going through that sentence the modulated voice had said one more time, suddenly, her eyes widened, and she gripped the phone so close to herself that the microphone was practically touching the edge of her helmet.

"W-- WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! WHY NOW; NOW AFTER SO FUCKING LONG?!"

"Saw my pilot episode yet? That's the where and the why, Tia," that robotic voice chuckled, even though there was an undercurrent of strain within the mirth, "Finding the right actors was real hard, and... well, wasn't ever really part of the family, was I?"

Another terse silence, static sounding.

"Father doesn't know. I do my best work solo anyways."

A series of emotional breaths and stammers came from under Tia's helmet, her belief of a long-lost friend being alive shattering her stony facade like coarse glass.

"...B...b-bullshit! You were always part of us, you hear me?! You know what some of us - what I - would give to know you're alive again? To see your face?!" Lowering the phone for a moment, Tia glanced in the direction of the break room - where the television was - but her head snapped back to the phone.

"I don't give a fuck why or what you had to keep a secret! Just… just…" the hand holding the phone was shaky. "Just come home!"

"I'm not like Alex, you know? Can't march through CLERIC territory and make it out without notice. Not now, at least." Another chuckle, ringing hollow. "I did my part. Paid my price. Tied my knots. Be leavin- leaving the rest to you."

"Don't… d-don't say that. You can't leave again…"

Her voice was slowly getting less and less angry; more and more quiet. Like a child, who knew they couldn't get their own way, but was still trying out of desperation. A voice overwhelmed by sadness, if she really wasn't going to know if she was ever going to see him again, she gave one more attempt.

"J...just tell me where you are. I'll come there now. Right now. A-and if anyone even tries to stop us when I take you back where you belong..." Tia stammered, fully ready to perform such a plan, even with the countless flaws of it. Taking a shaky breath, all she could attempt was one more word.

"Please."

"Thanks."

And the call went dead.

Tia stared at the phone in stunned silence for a moment, the white light of the phone's screen contrasting within the jet black of her helmet.

Closing her eyes, Tia held the phone close to her chest, silent tears collecting within the black visor.

After what felt like a minute had passed, one more text came through.

' C H A N G E
T H E
W O R L D . '

By the time Tia arrived to join the others and see what was going on within the television's screen, it seemed she'd missed most of the leaked footage. As FOX and VALKYRIE quickly scurried out the room to inform the others, the TV's reflection shone in Tia's blackened helmet as she absorbed everything in silence. ...She may have been late, but it was enough.

"Brother..." Tia whispered under her breath, watching everything. Mystical looking places she'd never even seen. People who talked in ways she'd never heard before. It was all... something else. Like watching one of the most creative films she'd ever seen, only she was sure everything she was looking at was real footage.

So... this was his 'pilot episode'. He'd hidden in the shadows to prepare this, and as much as she missed him, it'd paid off. Even if the television showed some things she didn't fully understand, it was all clear enough. The footage of the walls being built. The showing of places - other places - outside of the walls that New Eccelsia had clearly lied about. And the footage - whilst not ancient - looked pretty damn old.

In truth, all that mattered to Tia was changing here. This place - fake or not - was where she was 'created'. It's where she'd had her happiest moments in life, and her worst. And now, with this newfound opporunity - a city, churned and furious by the overwhelming lies - it was time to truly fight for what she believed in. To fight alongside FEARLESS, the little rebel company that'd saved her from those dark, lonesome days, to change the ways of VALHALLA once and for all.

But even if she didn't truly care if VALHALLA was real or not, she knew for sure the citizens of New Eccelsia would. And, as it seemed, Jill had spotted that opportunity. It was time to get back to it.

As GODFATHER gave the command for everyone to 'gear up', Tia gave a curt nod. In ten minutes, she returned, dressed in black, kevlar-reinforced leather, her small spools of metal wire and a pair of handguns attached to either side of her belt. Mixuki was geared up and ready in a hidden spot inside the office, its compartments filled with spare ammunition, weapons, and other supplies.

Her helmet looked around the room, scanning her comrades. And slowly, she spoke up.

"...This was Rubel's doing. His opportunity. And he was willing to sacrifice it all, just to let the people know the truth."

The words in that phone's text were haunting, and yet... all of a sudden, Tia was filled with courage. Whatever lay ahead, there would be no fear. All the sacrifices. All the time and effort FEARLESS had expended to make a change. Slowly and surely, it was all coming together. And now, like she always did, she would fight. Fight with everything she had.

She looked to GODFATHER, arms folded.
"Just give us our orders. This isn't a day for destruction..." Tia paused, looking outside the office's window. People were already gathering, slowly but surely, prepared to riot against their beloved government.

[glow=gold]"...This is a day for change."[/glow]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
8yGFPbO.jpg

The sudden commotion was enough to tilt Eresh beyond the point of no return. Her practically-vertical office chair gained a jolt as its occupant flinched, and swiveled the legs of the chair such that it could no longer support the weight, tipping on two wheels until Eresh's head met with the modestly cleaned carpet. She grunted, her voice overshadowed by the sound of plastic crashing into the edge of the desk and onto the ground beside her. Eresh remained there for a moment, lifting her head back to gaze, upside-down, at the conference room, where a steady stream of bodies seemed to be funneling into.

Flipping over, she left the chair to its fate and tossed the two paper balls she still had over her shoulder. Inside the conference room, Eresh relegated herself to the back of the crowd, leaning upon the sill of the entryway. With crossed arms, she listened intently, focused moreso on the visuals of the presentation than the message it had to offer. She wasn't particularly sharp girl, and so the gravity of what was being relayed to, presumably, millions of people, took a moment to materialize in her head.

Still, it impacted her less heavily than for others, it seemed. As other FEARLESS turned to expressions of confusion, anger, perhaps disbelief, she remained taut in her mind. She knew the true meaning of a wall, and what came with it. There was never nay doubt, Eresh knew, that out on the streets or in a cell, as a NOAH her life was intrinsically restricted. All buildings. All streets. All cities. All nations... All were walled off around her, so long as the stigma remained. Whether or not she lived in a hermit nation was irrelevant to how she could live her life, she was certain.

And yet... there it was; a representation of the wall that encapsulated New Ecclesian society. A lie. It felt even more physical than ever -more real than the walls surrounding the city you could touch with your own hands. Were it torn down, as it seemed it had been, then they had finally found hope, right?

The greatest limiters were in the mind, in the end, and Eresh's limitations urged her to lose hope. A lingering curse. Eresh stood tall and spoke low, gravely.

"What the hell are we going to do?" she began, mustering up what she thought, personally, was a moment of intelligence and clarity, "If anything this would be the worst time to add to the shit! Now, more than any other time is when the shitheads out there are going to get serious. Who the hell knows what the fuck they're going to throw at us... At anyone to keep things in order?" Eresh threw an arm, gesturing to the window of the office.

FqHzxI3.jpg
"Eresh, right?" Alex asked as he turned to the NOAH that was questioning why they needed to attack now. "Think of it this way. I have 6 magazines of ammunition in my vest, and 1 extra loaded into my gun. My resources are as a result, limited." He explained rather plainly, with a dull expression. "So are the resources of Valhalla. They only have so many clerics, only so many paladins. Only so many hopes and dreams to save their precious city." He continued for a moment, before pausing. He adjusted the sling on his rifle a bit, to make sure it wasn't too tight, or too loose.

"They're going to try and quell the street riots first. If they don't, the damage will be so substantial, they may never recover from it. Additionally we're going to assault an underground base it sounds like. The overall defenses won't be that high." The veteran ronin was starting to grin a bit now, as he got a chance to show off what he knew tactically. He was a killer, but he was a killer with a brain capable of calculating every movement. Those tiny, micro level decisions that kept a person alive.

"We move now Eresh and strike. When our enemy least expects it, and is least prepared." Alex offered, before moving onto the next choice, "Or we lock the doors, and let this opportunity pass. When the riots are quelled, the entirety of the city's military complexes will be at full strength for defenses again. At the moment, they are likely working on a small staff of riflemen."

"Besides, we've killed two praetorians, we'll be just fine." The ronin said as some sort of quick reassurance. "Just stay behind me, and you'll be fine. I promise you, just as I do to everyone Eresh." He paused briefly again, it was becoming harder at times for him to think about other people...however Alex, despite his recent decline in stability, was still human.

"I'll protect you and everyone else here. As long as you promise, that if I die. You keep fighting on for me. It's hard to do much as a ghost I've heard."

vNP7pYP.png

Meanwhile in the HR department, Naomi had gotten so bored with just about everything and everyone that she stood in the middle of the room, attempting to put together a pyramid of cards. She'd spent the better part of the day attempting the never before reached achievement, testing the limits of her own dexterity and eye for precision as she carefully laid each card standing against the other. Her heart beat faster in her chest as the final two card were about to make the summit, her irises shrinking as a bead of sweat appeared on her forehead, tongue lolling out of her mouth as her expression contorted in concentration.

All of a sudden commotion burst from the surrounding offices, shouts, calls and slammed doors filling the close proximity which caused Naomi to literally freeze as if she'd been turned to stone, eyes widened as she stared at the pyramid. After about a minute she sighed, it remained standing and she was once again free to place the final two cards. Once again her hands drew nearer to to top of the card structure, just a few more inches left and.... 'ACHOO!' Naomi sneezed, sending the entire pyramid across the room in a flurry of terrified cards, as if she just sneezed a confetti of cards out her nostrils.

Naomi still held the two cards in her hands and dropped them to her sides, silent for a moment as she sank into her chair. "Fuck sakes..." she said aloud to herself before remembering that there was a commotion. Thinking she should probably find out what was going on she rose form her chair and headed to find the others, eventually stopping to listen to the others as they conversed among each other about what had happened, which caused Naomi to perk a brow as she didn't quite believe what she was hearing. Although she didn't fully get it, she brightened when they were told to get their gear.

Her clothes had perished with AFTERLIFE but since then she'd managed to get a hold of a new outfit, changing from the office clothes into a white T shirt, denim shorts and a black leather jacket which fitted well to her petite frame. With some shoes to go with it, she felt better and way more comfortable as soon as she'd changed, feeling more like herself again. The Titan eagerly headed back to find the others, just in time to hear Alex mention his metaphor involving guns which caused her to roll her eyes with a smirk. Though when he mentioned dying she clapped him on the back, just hard enough to move him a little.

"Don't talk shit Alex, you're not dying... where else will I find a bartender that knows my usual orders?" she grinned, her arms folding across her chest. "Although I'm glad we're finally doing something and leaving this corporate theater. I swear if one more of you came to me about how someone else stole your pen or inadvertently touched your butt, I was gonna lose it" she took on a flat expression and a tone to match as she recounted the joys of human resources, a placement where most of the time she was called in to deal with situations where someone took the banter too far and was not slinging insults.

3wYGnfp.jpg

Juniper was still getting used to the new "work environment." To be honest, she was surprised at how quickly they were able to get such a relatively comfy new base and gig. She had some very big reservations at certain new roles, however, and she would still have greatly preferred the old bar at the AFTERLIFE, but beggars can't be choosers.

Filling her seat in the conference room, the once again raven-haired girl couldn't help but to be impressed how decent the place looked for being apparently abandoned before the FEARLESS repurposed the facility. Their new garb was spiffy and much to her liking, and Juniper couldn't help but to smile as Gillian spoke, quickly cutting to the chase.

"A superweapon, is it?" she murmured under her breath, mulling over what it meant. It certainly surprised her to some extent; she wasn't aware of such a weapon during her time on the other side, but at the same time, she wasn't surprised that the government had one in their hands, either. She shared a glance with Jill for a brief moment. Her eyes quickly refocused on ODIN and Chevalier. The pen that she spun in her hand stopped as the white-haired spymaster gave his summary. Since Valhalla's inception? If true, that was a revelation that even she had to take a step back to see how ignorant she and everybody else was.

"Why would the government plan on wiping the city out?"
Perplexed, she shook her head. "That doesn't make any sense."

The conversation quickly shifted to military planning, though, and she quickly re-prioritized her thoughts to planning an assault. "If the protocols are still the same when I left, this sector should be relatively undefended—"

Cut off mid-sentence, the former Paladin was startled by the two FEARLESS charging in through the doors. Before she knew what was happening, the television was on… and subjects that were entirely foreign to her displayed itself in all its uncensored glory across the flat panel display. She didn't know it at that moment, but she was getting her first dose of international news.

Juniper fell back into her chair, letting out a deep breath, laughing dryly. "If we needed extra confirmation that we were living in a dystopia, we have it now."

Watching the rest of the members stream into the room from her peripheral vision, she let out another breath of air—this time a low whistle. "We'll see each other in fifteen, then."

4aSMEO6.png

GAIA pushed herself back in her chair so she could see around the edge of her cubicle as the other member's of Fearless seemed to be congregating towards the conference room and something about the television. The young woman promptly rose from her seat and made her to everyone with a brisk walking pace; the paper bat she'd created for fun flew down and came to rest upon her shoulder as this all began to occur.

She stood in utter silence as the broadcasted information flooded her senses. The details seeming to speak of actual existence behind VALHALLA. She'd managed to contain her emotions aside from a quick glimmer in her eyes; widening slightly as she heard the word Japanese. She'd read that word before in one of the books in Takagi's shop. Could those works labeled as fiction actually be...more than that? Refusing the acknowledge VALHALLA's independence? GAIA attempted to recollect her thoughts at all of this information thrown at their laps; biting at her thumb in contemplation. Being quickly snapped out of it however a GODFATHER gave the order to suit up. No don't it was probably because of the ruckus the riots were sure to cause. GAIA gave a small nod before heading off the gear up; the paper bat falling to the floor devoid of the consciousness it had been granted.

After equipping her usual outfit which included the loose metal plates that encircled her waist GAIA outfitted some additional protection being some black leather gloves and matching arm guards. Though this precaution was less about armor and more about getting a better grip on her sword which was what she swiftly retrieved next; attaching the sheath to the chain at her waist being glad to have it on her person once again. Speed was what she relied on personally while her constructs would usually take on the role of her defense and offense. GAIA knew she couldn't prep any substantial constructs before at least reaching the destination of wherever they were gonna be heading less too much attention would be drawn to them. She'd need to spend a few minutes to make a more inconspicuous construct but that still didn't matter as suddenly using up the walls or other mass objects within their hideout wouldn't be ideal. So the young woman simply rejoined the others that seemed to be done getting ready.

Jessica gave a curious eyeing look at the RONIN Alexander as he spoke to another about why they were striking now. The reasons seemed obvious in Jessica's mind. She stepped in right beside the RONIN whom was one of the few that have actually spoken to her when she first joined this remnants of FEARLESS and without looking at him she herself spoke up in a bland tone. "I agree with Alexander as its an obvious strategy. Strike when your enemy is off balance. I'm not sure if that could be more true than right now." GAIA pausing for a moment before continuing. "However..." She'd state giving a quick glance to The Titan who seemed to denounce the RONIN's protective talk. "Protect yourself first and foremost will you. The last RONIN who said he'd protect others and myself ended up dead and the dead are useless." The female NOAH then turned her gaze up towards the eyes of the larger and most would say intimidating RONIN; it was cold and serious. "If you dare go and die I will turn what's left of you into a construct. That way even in death your body will continue to haunt and reap through clerics and paladins alike."

ARsmF7z.png

[glow=red]? ? ?[/glow]

"The stars are beautiful tonight... aren't they?"
Underneath the maelstrom of glittering stars, a stranger looked up into the sky, glistening gemstones studying the flickering forms that illuminated the midnight darkness above. To her right, a disheveled young man lay backwards against the open grass. "Yeah... they are." He remarked, a hint of distraction seething through his voice. It didn't take the girl long to realize that her companion was disinterested.

"Is something wrong?" The smooth, melodic voice turned towards the young man, "We can go back if you want."

"No... it's just..." The boy paused momentarily, desperately searching for an excuse to change the subject. "There's been a lot on my mind lately. It's hard to not think about everything." A frown cursed his canvas as dark eyes struggled to stay conscious.

"Come on, let's go back." The girl smiled innocently, "I won't torture you with this any longer." The stranger picked up her telescope, slender fingers navigating to disassemble the optical contraption.

"No."

"No?" She paused, vibrant optics shifting towards the boy.

"I mean..." He struggled, "we came out all this way... and you wanted to see a shooting star, right?"

"Yeah... but it's not like we'll actually see one..." Her lips curled downwards, "I mean, I don't even know what they look like."

There was a brief pause as the two figures stared awkwardly into the sky. "Me neither." He admitted, "Why do you want to see one so bad anyways?"

"I heard that if you make a wish, it's supposed to come true." She remarked as she disassembled her telescope. She placed the pieces into a large, metal framed briefcase beside her.

"That's stupid. Where did you hear that?"

"From a book." Hopeful eyes darted back towards the night sky. Suddenly, a streak of light beamed through the darkness. "Hey, do you see that?!" The boy shifted upwards, both staring into the sky. The light flared downwards, before quickly dissipating back into the darkness.

"It was a shooting star!" She gasped, awed by the momentary sight that befell the pair.

"Ah, sorry. You didn't get to look at it with your telescope because of me."

The girl giggled, "It's alright. At least I got to make my wish."

"Yeah? What did you wish for?"

"That's a secret, FOX." The violet-haired girl smiled.

0 1 3 0
H O U R S
ONE YEAR AGO

FRZTzJA.png

"Though I fly through the Valley of Death,
I shall fear no evil,
For I am at sixty-thousand feet and climbing."

"This is SOL to PIXY... approaching target point. Target minus five minutes before package drop off." The wind cackled against the dashboard of Sol's canopy as the aircraft danced above the clouds. Pushing full throttle on the fighter's afterburners, the jet fighter quickly broke supersonic, dashing above the Spanish Islands in the Baelaric Sea.

"Understood, SOL. You're clear to execute Operation INDIGO. Remember, stay above the aerial ceiling or you'll be targeted by their active Surface to Air Missile systems. Don't dip below sixty thousand feet." A female voice warned him. "Once you release the package, you'll navigate to American-controlled airspace in Gibraltar."

"Got it." The pilot replied over his heads up communications device. "You sure this is gonna work? I mean, I've fired missiles before, but not ones with goddamn people inside of them."

"... Just don't miss, SOL."

"Yeah, T-minus two minutes before we're at the drop off point." Sol eased up on the afterburner, beginning to slow his aircraft down to give him a larger time window to release his package. As the fighter jet continued to cruise towards their destination, a new voice reverberated from his pilot helmet.

"Why do they call you Sol, anyways?"

The pilot smirked, "Yeah? How about you tell me why they call you Chevalier first?"

"You Americans never learn any other languages, huh? It's Knight in French."

"That's... actually pretty straightforward."

"Your turn, Yankee."

"Alright... well... I guess it means you're Shit Outta Luck, Frenchie." The pilot grinned, quickly approaching the target zone. "This is SOL, deploying package. Executing Operation Indigo!" Punching in the target coordinates into his heads up display, the fighter jet released the cruise missile from its canopy bay, launching the missile across the night sky.

"Godspeed, Chevalier. Catch ya' on the flip side..."

The missile soared through the night sky, catapulting through the clouds and towards the earth below. "Chevalier, you're past the air defense systems. I'm engaging your backwards thrust..." The missile rotated in place, engaging its thrust vertically upwards to rapidly slow itself down on the descent. "Once you're past the shield, we'll lose radio contact. Stay safe out there, alright?"

"No promises, mon amour." The knight remarked as the missile soon broke apart, releasing Chevalier into the air at the predetermined fifteen-thousand feet. Slipping into a free-fall was exhilarating, a feeling that he hadn't experienced in a long time. As he continued to make his descent, he watched as the steel debris from the missile fell several hundred feet below him. Suddenly, the large shards of metal collided with what appeared to be an invisible barrier, springing upwards before being vaporized into nothingness, as if deleted from existence.

"Legendary, Holy Sword of Paladins, endure once again!" As he fell, a golden sword manifested itself between his hands. "Durendal!" The sword made contact with the magical barrier that surrounded Valhalla, a wall of ELEGANCE once thought to be impassible. Rays of light blinded his visage as the tip of Durendal struggled against the corporeal barrier, causing the entire city to reverberate in what would later be believed to be a seismic earthquake. It wasn't long until the sword penetrated through the shield, allowing its wielder to pass through the barrier and continue his free fall towards the city below.

Falling towards the city, the knight deployed his parachute at low altitude, watching as the parasol opened up above his head as he ripped his oxygen rebreather from his face. Blue eyes slowly began to navigate the city landscape from above. "So this is VALHALLA..." The Paladin mused quietly to himself, "What a shit hole."

gmTFu7C.png

1 2 0 0
H O U R S

PRESENT DAY

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

wTy1GZ9.png

KRjTm6l.png

YDy7.png

"Chev... Chevy.... CHEVALIER!" Valkyrie screeched, startling the unconscious Chevalier. As the blonde haired man sprung to attention, everybody's eyes were on him. The room was now filled with all of the remaining members of FEARLESS, who had quickly assembled and made their way into the conference room with the fifteen minutes they had. It seemed like some members of the team were more enthusiastic than others about this upcoming mission.

"Fils de..." The man almost cursed, holding himself back at the last moment. "What do you want?"

"You seem to know more about this weapon than you let on. I'm not going to ask questions because I know I'm just going to get bullshit answers. But we need to know, can we destroy it?" Godfather began, his eyes narrowing inquisitively.

"Anything can be destroyed, we just need the schematics." ODIN explained, "I'm sure that's what he's going to tell us."

"You a mind reader?" Chevalier cocked a brow,

"More like a fortune teller."

"Yes, the weapon can be destroyed, quite easily in fact. But we need to find the plans to it. Though I assure you, once we find those, things will become quite... chaotic." Chevalier knew exactly what would happen once the weapon was destroyed, though it was a conversation that would be saved for another time. "I have a feeling that they will want to test this weapon on the people that are rioting, we don't have much time before Queen starts tearing her own city apart with it."

Confirming his suspicions, Godfather turned his attention back to his team. "We don't have much time on our side for this heist. We're going in guns blazing, taking hostages and playing it mostly by ear." Gillian began, not too fond of the idea of going in without more adequate preparation. "Cleric first response units and special forces are struggling to maintain the growing riots, we can assume the Paladins and the Praetorians are busy as well." He explained, though even he knew this might be a little too hopeful.

"Me, Alexander, Tia-Maria, Eresh, Cassia and Ashlynn will take the front of house and secure the entrance." Jill explained briefly, "...we'll take hostages, hold whoever comes to the front door off until everybody is ready to leave. There's only one entrance and exit out of this facility, meaning we need to stall for time before we can break out."

"I'll be taking Fox, Southpaw, Gaia, Naomi, Juniper and Arata into the facility so we can secure the data. We're not sure what we'll encounter on the inside, so I need all of the heavy hitting NOAHs to break through whatever surprises we find in there." Gillian grabbed his handgun off of the conference table, checking the weapon for ammunition before shoving it into a holster. "Anyone have anything to add before we get started?"

m5XWu6x.jpg

After she'd spoke, the words that followed her own were by one of the new NOAH. Eresh, as she'd learnt, and the two hadn't interacted much other than that one time where she'd thrown paper at her. Her words were clouded with a negativity and doubt that just plain confused Tia, causing her shaded gaze to stare at the so-called 'Tear' for a moment.

Alex offered her words of encouragement, which sent a domino-effect of reassurance and camaraderie through the room. It was nice to watch, but Tia couldn't help but dwell on Eresh's reaction. As silence fell for a brief moment, her gaze wandered over towards the new NOAH, her expression unreadable.

"...Don't you want to act at a time like this? Don't you want to take this opportunity?"

The words under the helmet were in a monotone, but they seemed laced with some sort of... anger. Not waiting for an answer, Tia listened to the rest of the mission briefing. The stakes seemed high - ridiculously high - but there was an unseeable fire in Tia's eye that made her... unphased. As usual, the teams were called out, the NOAH giving a little snort as she heard 'Tia-Maria'. She'd always seen that as a funny coincidence, as she'd pointed out practically when she'd first met María a couple months back.

Defending the entrance was something she could certainly do with the squad given to work alongside her. After discovering she could use her powers to help Naomi and look out for her, a small part of her was downhearted they'd been separated. But that didn't change the fact that there were people in her squad she was going to do everything to protect.

As Gillian concluded everything, Tia was quick to respond to his offer.

"Yeah."

Tia's helmet suddenly flashed towards the direction of the bright man, Chevalier, who spoke in a way she'd always thought was... bizarre. Even if he had a habit of acting all 'mysterious', he'd saved Ashlynn, debatably the most powerful NOAH FEARLESS had at the moment.

She took a single step towards Chevalier.
"You've been a real help. No doubts there. But I don't see why you shouldn't explain how things are going get 'chaotic'. Don't summarize later. Summarize now. So we know what to expect."

A pause came, before she raised another point about the man who seemed to be clouded in mystery.
"And if he knows so much about the weapon... why didn't you assign him to a team, Gillian. He's powerful," she nudged in the direction of Valkyrie, "Powerful enough to snap her out of whatever happened at the palace. This isn't going to be easy, and it's a huge opportunity. One we might not ever get again. We need every bit of information and strength we can get."

The NOAH folded her arms as she awaited an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.