Genres
Romance, Science Fiction, Modern, Fantasy
kMqT2ZR.png

A Roleplay by Valor
Co-GM(s): ERode & Click This

lmVsPfB.png

wu0c2Yf.png

Ls4KyeK.png

You are greeted by a blonde haired woman standing beside the counter, blue eyes piercing inquisitively towards you. The room is vibrant, with many strangers sitting among different sections of the clean establishment. Do not allow your surroundings to fool you, the bright lights and warm colors begging you to accept the illusion that this is just an ordinary bar. You know where you are. By stepping foot into the room, you have entered the lion's den... the AFTERLIFE.

The Afterlife is a small bar that exists among the slummy ghettos of Valhalla. It is a cover, one of the many establishments that shelter the resistance. Each of its patrons are soldiers in the organization, with those that work the counters the critical support personnel to keep the unit running. One of the many safehouses and bases for the FEARLESS, the Afterlife is home to many of the city's most ruthless and capable resistance fighters. Here they relax, plan and prepare for the violence yet to come...

Your wandering eyes are brought to attention by the bartender, who beckons for you to take a seat at the bar. "We've been waiting for you. The name's Jill." She remarks plainly, "I hope you enjoy your time here." Before you can say anything, she pours you a glass of your favorite drink, placing a manila folder on the counter in front of you.

What is it with manila folders lately?

"News from the front. Suggest you update yourself first."

4rm0pXh.png
F E A R L E S S - is a dystopian-fantasy action roleplay set in the city of VALHALLA. You are the member of the FEARLESS, a resistance group that seeks to dismantle the Ecclesian Government and uncover the truths to the past. Accomplishing missions for this underground organization, you will work with other agents to accomplish missions and evade the ever watchful eye of the PALADINS, an elite group of hunters tasked with eliminating the resistance.
V A L H A L L A
uj9x6Px.png

Yet somehow, humanity refused to die . . .

Cowering in fear, we sealed ourselves behind tall walls that reached so desperately towards the sky. Surrendering ourselves to this, the last of mankind gave what little reason they had left to radicalism. We embraced autocracy and religion as our saviors. The new government now controls every aspect of life, from where one works, to whom one should marry and even when and how somebody should die. People forgot long ago what it was that they feared beyond the walls, what evil creatures lurked beyond. They willingly give up their rights, their freedom and their love to be protected by which they cannot even remember.

The new government is brutal in their enforcement. Police suppression, murder and even genocide have become justified in order to protect the life we so desperately cling to. Those that control the government laugh at those that suffer beneath their heel. With every action, they rip away the humanity of those that they control. The people sit idly, convinced that the government protects us from the monsters we so vividly fear.

But we haven't been fooled. We are the FEARLESS, those that do not fear the unknown. We will free this world, even if we must tear this false utopia asunder. The damned fools, the only monsters you were supposed to fear are locked in these walls with you.

But don't worry, things will change very soon . . .

grXvQpf.png
T H E - F E A R L E S S
kMqT2ZR.png

The FEARLESS are an organized resistance group that are actively working to dismantle the Ecclesian government. Spanning several thousand members, the resistance group had once led deeply undercover lives, using espionage and other strategies to thwart the government at every turn. It was clear for many years that they would be unable to resist the government in the open, the strength disparity between the resistance and the government being simply too great.

This changed with the arrival of the NOAH, a group of genetically modified orphans that were concocted through the government's ill-intended attempts to create superhuman augmentations. Dabbling in twisted science and the occult, the NOAH were the result of numerous, terrible experiments that cost the lives of several million subjects. The NOAH are a generation of incredibly powerful humans, often seen as the next step of human evolution.

Despite their powerful abilities, they were deemed uncontrollable by the state and sentenced to summary execution. Of the two thousand NOAHs that once existed during the ORACLE PROJECT, only a small fraction of that number remain, with the few left being hunted down by the government.

Realizing their potential, the resistance quickly took these children in, raising them into members that would help them enact their mission of bringing down the Ecclesian government and reestablishing a republic. With the help of the NOAH, the power balance between the two factions were quickly evened out.

Now, the FEARLESS plan their major offensive.

T H E - A F T E R L I F E
Ls4KyeK.png

The Afterlife is a small bar that exists among the slummy ghettos of Valhalla. It is a cover, one of the many establishments that shelter the resistance. Each of its patrons are soldiers in the organization, with those that work the counters the critical support personnel to keep the unit running. One of the many safehouses and bases for the FEARLESS, the Afterlife is home to many of the city's most ruthless and capable resistance fighters. Here they relax, plan and prepare for the violence yet to come...

Staffed by intelligence officers, medical personnel and informants, the AFTERLIFE is capable of directing resistance military forces during combat operations.

AFTERLIFE Operatives are issued steel briefcases that hide their disassembled weapons inside. Although the resistance has many different ways of concealing their weapons in public, AFTERLIFE units prefer to use the steel briefcase, which allows them to pack larger weaponry in public spaces. Though this comes with a greater risk of being discovered, the intelligence officers work tirelessly to plan for these contingencies.
N E W - E C C L E S I A

Y9eaIGb.png

The People's Federation of New Eccelsia, or NEW ECCLESIA, is the autocratic military state in control of VALHALLA. They are ruthless, powerful and infinite. They utilize religious extremism, propaganda and cult of personalities to control the uninformed masses. Controlling all aspects of life, they actively seek to squash any form of resistance to their rule.

Although human, they frequently enact terror upon their own population - utilizing mass genocide, internment and torture to control the city. There is no semblance of individualism within their strict moral code that favors only the strong.

Their military is organized into several wings: the Clerics, the Paladins and the Praetorium. It should be noted that the few in control of the military also control the entire city. Their power had once been indisputable, but even the Ecclesians begin to worry about the growing threat of the resistance.

rSD0gGR.png

T H E - N O A H

2eWHrjZ.png

The NOAH, are a group of genetically modified orphans that were concocted through the government's ill-intended attempts to create superhuman augmentations. Dabbling in twisted science and the occult, the NOAH were the result of numerous, terrible experiments that cost the lives of several million subjects. The NOAH are a generation of incredibly powerful humans, often seen as the next step of human evolution.

Despite their powerful abilities, they were deemed uncontrollable by the state and sentenced to summary execution. Of the two thousand NOAHs that once existed during the ORACLE PROJECT, only a small fraction of that number remain, with the few left being hunted down by the government.

The powers that the NOAH command are known as ELEGANCE and take many various forms. Sometimes they are non-combat skills such as clairvoyance or the ability to see through walls. Other times they are direct combat abilities, the ability to summon and wield large weaponry or channel the elements as if they were an extension of themselves.

It is an undisputable fact that the NOAHs are the resistance's trump card, the only hope they have against the military power of Ecclesia. However, their skills are often incredibly specialized, only able to work under certain environments. A combat NOAH that relies on ranged attacks, may have difficulty fighting in close range while another may have difficulties subduing enemies silently. As such, they are often accompanied and supported by other members of the resistance.

While the NOAH can and often do wield weapons, they generally do so with less finesse or dexterity than their allies. Unless their ability directly augments their physical weapon capabilities, they lack the many years of experience that other members of the resistance have.

Class Rules:
NOAH must be between ages 17-24 due to the timing of the ORACLE Project
NOAH must be highly specialized, they are either ranged, melee if combat or have some sort of flaw. They cannot be combat all-rounders.
NOAH can wield a limitless variety of abilities. Please be creative and ask a GM to approve your ability if you believe it to be too powerful.
NOAH do not have any memories of their life beyond their genetic modification. Some believe that they were not born through conventional means.
T H E - R O N I N

OdojruF.png

The RONIN are the military arm of the resistance. Consisting of military defectors and veteran guerrilla warfighters, the RONIN serve as the "Special Operations Forces [SOF]" for the resistance. Armed to the teeth with a vast arsenal of illegally procured weapons, the RONIN handle the most dangerous of missions for the organization. Before the arrival of the NOAH, the RONIN acted as the only defense against the strength of the Ecclesian army.

Vastly outnumbered and outgunned, no RONIN serves long without losing the majority of their comrades in the line of duty. As such, many RONIN are often afflicted with extreme psychological trauma. They have seen first hand what the Ecclesians are capable of, yet they continue to give their lives in service to the cause.

Veterans of many engagements, the RONIN are highly experienced warriors and often serve as both the mentors, leaders and bodyguards for their allies.

Class Rules:
RONIN are generally 18 years of age or older, with more experienced members being 25-30. After 40 they are no longer eligible for the role and fill support positions instead.
While they are armed with a variety of bows, swords and explosives, they are most often seen using firearms.
They do not possess Elegance and therefore cannot do anything outside the realm of mankind.
The RONIN can be combat all-rounders, or specialize in certain methods of combat.

T H E - S E R A P H I M

3bJQR0B.png

The SERAPHIM are the support units within the resistance. By far the broadest of the three, the SERAPHIM include intelligence officers, hackers, combat medics, spies, technicians and other auxiliary personnel necessary to the function of the organization. High intelligence, charisma and technical knowledge are usually required for SERAPHIM team members.

The staff in the AFTERLIFE comprise the duties of the SERAPHIM. While their roles are non-combat in nature, they often find themselves accompanying the NOAH and RONIN into combat in a supportive role. On-site medics, spies and combat hackers are just a few positions that see themselves constantly in the line of fire.

Class Rules:
The SERAPHIM are the most broad of the three classes, encompassing the "OTHER" category of classes.
Having the most freedom, the SERAPHIM can be of almost any age, with some official spies being as young as 12 years old and as old as 85. Field operatives are generally between 18-30 years old, however.
SERAPHIM generally display extreme levels of intelligence or education.
SERAPHIM can use whatever weapons they wish, though they generally stick to firearms because they are easiest to learn.

gCLvmj5.png

T H E - C L E R I C S

OsU6RWp.png

The 107th Special C L E R I C Division "Black Knight"

The CLERICs are the military police forces that exert governmental control over Valhalla. Well-trained, large in number and highly disciplined, the CLERICs are the main fighting forces utilized by the government to control the masses. Although comprised of rank and file forces, the CLERICs are incredibly diverse, including more elite special reaction teams to supplement the lesser trained personnel.

Most CLERICs serve as little more than lower ranking law enforcement, police officers controlled by the government to exert suppression and fear tactics on the population. While these CLERICs prove easy for the resistance to overwhelm and ambush, the special response teams commanded by PALADINs are generally of a much higher caliber.

Equipment and Training:
The CLERICs are incredibly diverse, meaning it is impossible to tell what sort of resistance they will put up.

Most CLERICs serving in basic law enforcement are lightly armored, if armored at all and are generally limited to a semi-automatic firearm. (Think your average police officer, just far more fanatical.)

CLERICs that serve in special roles such as the PALADIN's special assault teams, or elite bodyguards for the Praetorium receive advanced training and equipment. These forces can be heavily armored and wield anything from swords to heavy ordnance.
T H E - P A L A D I N S

rtK8X5N.png

The PALADINs are an organization of Imperial Knights founded by her Royal Majesty, Praetoriess Aurora von Emmeria of the The People's Federation of New Eccelsia. Originally tasked with the direct protection of the Praetoriess, the Imperial Knights have recently seen a surge of numbers, funding and an expansion to their mission.

Becoming the dedicated, "Anti-FEARLESS" organization, they have been placed at the forefront of destroying the resistance and, more importantly, hunting down any surviving NOAH that exists within the Federation. They are ruthless, highly skilled and hand-selected from the most elite of the CLERIC divisions.

Given a weaker version of Aurora's mutational strain, each of the PALADINs have light genetic modifications that allow them to wield medieval era arms with great finesse and dexterity. Their large shields are coated with secretive armor properties that make them resistant to both small arms and many abilities fielded by the NOAH.

Upon confronting a PALADIN, many resistance members opt to retreat than to engage directly, the latter often resulting in a swift death to those who face them.

T H E - P R A E T O R I U M

yQbURhj.png

The Praetorium are a secret organization comprised of the most powerful members in the People's Federation of New Ecclesia. Contributing to their secretive nature, nobody is sure just how much the Praetorium influence the government, or if they even exist at all. They are assumed to be highly dangerous, far more so than the PALADINs that they command.

Resistance Intelligence has estimated that there are currently six members in the Praetorium.
It is believed that the elimination of the Praetorium would lead to the complete collapse of government control.

It is assumed that PROJECT ORACLE was intended to solidify the strength of the Praetorium by utilizing the successful mutational strains derived from the NOAH to genetically modify these key members into superhumans. It is unknown whether the genetic modifications were a success, but judging that these members have not yet died, it should be assumed that these experiments were met with success.

Currently, only three identities of the Praetorium are known:
His Majesty, Praetorian Alexander von Emmeria, King of Ecclesia (Center Right)
Her Majesty, Praetoriess Aurora von Emmeria, Princess of Ecclesia (Center Left)
Lord Commander Vaskus, Grand Field Marshal (Far Left)

Last edited:
Tagging those that showed interest in the Interest Check:

@Shizuochan @Tsu @Shayla @Zombehs @EgoGhost @Jakers @ERode @Psyker Landshark @Skyswimsky @JRPG Fanatic @Asuras @Click This @Nav @Esper @Rax Rosetta @Boo Girlie BoomBoom @Astros @Spectre @RedArmyShogun @Izurich @Dekonic @Yvain

Please note: There is simply no way I will be able to accommodate all 22 users who expressed interest in the Interest Check. (I really wish I could, you are all lovely people but alas I'm just a mere mortal.)

For those that are incredibly interested in joining, I recommend spending lots of time on your character sheets (I spent almost 15 hours doing all of this) so I'm looking for those that are willing to really put in a lot into this role play. We are currently looking at 8 players, with the number being increased to 10-12 depending on my staff of Co-GMs.

I will not begin accepting character sheets until Monday to give people time to work on their sheets. Please let me know if you need additional time and I will try my best to accommodate you.

Thank you and please message me or post here if you have any questions. I will no longer be replying to the interest check from here on out. Additionally, I will not be super active until Sunday night due to a busy weekend schedule. Please do not be alarmed if I do not answer your messages right away.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Izurich
@Valor

Appreciate the ping there, sure as sure. I'll get started on a CS then, and I'll certainly try to have it done by Monday. No promises there, since I work nights and it buggers my sleep something fierce. I'll be sure to let ya know if something comes up in regards to the timeframe of having the CS done. Speaking of that CS (Which will not be the most fancy coded thing in the world, fancy coding has never been a strong suit of mine) do you want them PM'd first? I feel like I missed it somewhere, but reckoned asking would be easier than not.

@Valor

Appreciate the ping there, sure as sure. I'll get started on a CS then, and I'll certainly try to have it done by Monday. No promises there, since I work nights and it buggers my sleep something fierce. I'll be sure to let ya know if something comes up in regards to the timeframe of having the CS done. Speaking of that CS (Which will not be the most fancy coded thing in the world, fancy coding has never been a strong suit of mine) do you want them PM'd first? I feel like I missed it somewhere, but reckoned asking would be easier than not.

Hey there.

I'm perfectly fine with not having a fancy character sheet, but please be aware that presentation does help show effort and will certainly help you stand out among other applications. You do not need to PM me your character sheet before posting it in the sign up page, but please note that I will not consider it unless it's fully completed. (If you have issues posting by Sunday night let me know and I'll see what I can do.)

• Thank You
Reactions: Rax Rosetta
Hey there.

I'm perfectly fine with not having a fancy character sheet, but please be aware that presentation does help show effort and will certainly help you stand out among other applications. You do not need to PM me your character sheet before posting it in the sign up page, but please note that I will not consider it unless it's fully completed. (If you have issues posting by Sunday night let me know and I'll see what I can do.)
Roger that, I'll be sure to pass on word if I am not able to get the CS done and posted by Sunday night. I'll also see what I can't figure out, coding wise, to make it look well presented.

Reactions: Valor
I am terrible at coding as well. I've attempted but every attempt has come back to bite me hard. I am also rather injured so, I will be doing this while tending myself which is why I will not be attempting to code my CS. I apologize for that but, I promise she will be an interesting individual.

@Valor I'm curious to know about the Clerics of Ecclesia in particular. How soon do you think it'll be before that particular section is updated, or is it possible I could get a snippet of info on them?

@Valor I'm curious to know about the Clerics of Ecclesia in particular. How soon do you think it'll be before that particular section is updated, or is it possible I could get a snippet of info on them?

The Clerics are basic soldiers for the government's military forces. There is nothing inherently special about them and they'll most likely serve as the redcoats during the RP.

Unlike the resistance which uses all of their resources together, the government has a distinctive hierarchy. With clerics at the bottom, paladins at the center and the Praetorians at the top pulling the strings. I plan on adding other sorts of enemies as well to the mix when I have time.

The Clerics are basic soldiers for the government's military forces. There is nothing inherently special about them and they'll most likely serve as the redcoats during the RP.

Unlike the resistance which uses all of their resources together, the government has a distinctive hierarchy. With clerics at the bottom, paladins at the center and the Praetorians at the top pulling the strings. I plan on adding other sorts of enemies as well to the mix when I have time.

I see. What about the religion of Ecclesia? What's the long and short of that?

I see. What about the religion of Ecclesia? What's the long and short of that?

I only have access to my phone at the moment since I'm out for most of the day.

Think what would happen if a fanatic, catholic crusader and the nazis had a love child. The Ecclesiarchy is the church of the government and is essentially a copy of Christianity, though it omits all aspects of peace and love from the holy texts. They believe that God predestined them to start the next mankind, that the rest of the people were wiped out by the "Great Flood" similar to Noah's Ark.

They fashion themselves as God's designers, attempting to experiment on humans to further develop their eugenics campaign.

Despite a belief in their predestination, they also have a strong social darwinist standpoint. Those that are strong deserve to reproduce and survive, while the weak should subserve the strong. They believe the resistance is inherently flawed, weak and doomed to fail because they are too compassionate.

I hope this is enough detail for now.

• Thank You
Reactions: Asuras
Did my CS kind of early, as I had pretty much all of today to myself. Rest assured, I haven't rushed it; I basically had a whole bunch of hours to spare. If there's anything I can change, or if her elegance abilities don't make any real sense/are too 'OP' or 'versatile', please point it out.

Also, if we end up getting too many NOAH people (as I understand they're supposed to be pretty rare within FEARLESS), I can change Tia to just be a medic/motorcycle specialist (no magical petrol shenangians) who's a SERAPHIM member just to balance things out.

I didn't know that many were interested, given I'm in three rp's atm I'll just keep an eye on this in case not enough turn up or if there is drops, best of luck with it @Valor

Last edited:
Wanted to compliment all the coding, and this amazing idea. I've put my own character in, however I'll be modifying it over the next day or so. I just had to cut certain parts short. Hopefully @Valor could shed some light on some of my writing. I wasn't quite sure about how things were run, so I decided to take generous liberty on the military training of the Federation. Taking something of a Hitler's Youth Approach, with children, or even babies being pulled in to be brainwashed and trained.

Also wonderful song choices for the various tabs, a big fan of River now, since it's the first time I've heard the artist. So even if I don't get a chance to write in this Roleplay, at least I'll walk away with some new music.

I didn't see anything wrong with it. Looked like a solid character sheet to me. Though I'm only able to skim people's posts as I dont have access to a computer until late tonight. I've liked what I've seen so far in terms of creativity and it seems like people are putting a lot of effort into their characters, which is excellent.

We may actually end up having space in this RP for everyone since a lot of people who showed interest don't seem like they're still interested.

Well give it time. I do find it surprising how many people aren't showing interesting. Also a small side, damn NOAH's, so many of you all. Oh well, gives my old man competition I guess.

Also @Valor thanks for even a small skimming. I hate to write history, and procedures for someone else's world. Granted that's also because I like to GM D&D games and what not in my free time, so I find it aggravating to have the whole story of my world fleshed out, by someone else's character in my game. Hopefully I can get the sheet touched up though, I'm very excited to have a chance to roleplay in this setting, and wish the best to everyone else that's interested!

Reactions: Jakers
I mean, just because people are not saying 'anything' doesn't mean they are not interested. I, for example, know exactly what kind of character I want to make I just didn't get to it yet. I am also aware of a few other people that are working on their stuff but haven't said a word yet.

They're a bit of a Mary Sue class, I admit. I think my failure comes from not building up the others well enough and given the fact this is supposed to be an RP with fantasy elements, I can see how its hard to justify not having those powers to dabble in.

For now we'll just see how it goes, if it becomes too much then I'll try to add a roster of supporting characters to help fill in the gaps and make things less one-sided. I do love the plausible nature of your character and I can already see the Sarge throwing fumes from having to work with a bunch of children, basically.

Edit: Yes, I understand that sky, which is why I'm giving a decent amount of time for people to work on their posts. I'm not worried about inactivity, just making an observation.

Yeah, that's pretty much the thing. I mean, when you have the option between being the class that is singlehandedly the reason why the resistance even stands a chance, and being the class that could have spent decades resisting with pretty much no results outside of not getting wiped...hey, everyone want's to be the MC!

Could force people to diversify though. Like, you have seven spots, but only two of those spots are Noah spots, while you have five other spots for Ronin/Seraphim.

I wrote this all with the mindset that pretty much everyone would choose a NOAH, so I don't have an issue with the current trend and I wouldn't want to limit people into playing things that don't interest them as much.

I think I'll just keep things the way they are and supplement the roster with NPCs to keep things somewhat balanced.

Much like my mind set when playing games, especially ones with class systems. I'd rather play something interesting and unique, than something absurdly powerful. Besides, NOAH's have plenty of raw ability, but they still do need someone to train them in combat tactics, and what not. So that's my hope with the character I've created.

Status
Not open for further replies.