Genres
Romance, Science Fiction, Modern, Fantasy
kMqT2ZR.png

A Roleplay by Valor
Co-GM(s): ERode & Click This

lmVsPfB.png

wu0c2Yf.png

Ls4KyeK.png

You are greeted by a blonde haired woman standing beside the counter, blue eyes piercing inquisitively towards you. The room is vibrant, with many strangers sitting among different sections of the clean establishment. Do not allow your surroundings to fool you, the bright lights and warm colors begging you to accept the illusion that this is just an ordinary bar. You know where you are. By stepping foot into the room, you have entered the lion's den... the AFTERLIFE.

The Afterlife is a small bar that exists among the slummy ghettos of Valhalla. It is a cover, one of the many establishments that shelter the resistance. Each of its patrons are soldiers in the organization, with those that work the counters the critical support personnel to keep the unit running. One of the many safehouses and bases for the FEARLESS, the Afterlife is home to many of the city's most ruthless and capable resistance fighters. Here they relax, plan and prepare for the violence yet to come...

Your wandering eyes are brought to attention by the bartender, who beckons for you to take a seat at the bar. "We've been waiting for you. The name's Jill." She remarks plainly, "I hope you enjoy your time here." Before you can say anything, she pours you a glass of your favorite drink, placing a manila folder on the counter in front of you.

What is it with manila folders lately?

"News from the front. Suggest you update yourself first."

4rm0pXh.png
F E A R L E S S - is a dystopian-fantasy action roleplay set in the city of VALHALLA. You are the member of the FEARLESS, a resistance group that seeks to dismantle the Ecclesian Government and uncover the truths to the past. Accomplishing missions for this underground organization, you will work with other agents to accomplish missions and evade the ever watchful eye of the PALADINS, an elite group of hunters tasked with eliminating the resistance.
V A L H A L L A
uj9x6Px.png

Yet somehow, humanity refused to die . . .

Cowering in fear, we sealed ourselves behind tall walls that reached so desperately towards the sky. Surrendering ourselves to this, the last of mankind gave what little reason they had left to radicalism. We embraced autocracy and religion as our saviors. The new government now controls every aspect of life, from where one works, to whom one should marry and even when and how somebody should die. People forgot long ago what it was that they feared beyond the walls, what evil creatures lurked beyond. They willingly give up their rights, their freedom and their love to be protected by which they cannot even remember.

The new government is brutal in their enforcement. Police suppression, murder and even genocide have become justified in order to protect the life we so desperately cling to. Those that control the government laugh at those that suffer beneath their heel. With every action, they rip away the humanity of those that they control. The people sit idly, convinced that the government protects us from the monsters we so vividly fear.

But we haven't been fooled. We are the FEARLESS, those that do not fear the unknown. We will free this world, even if we must tear this false utopia asunder. The damned fools, the only monsters you were supposed to fear are locked in these walls with you.

But don't worry, things will change very soon . . .

grXvQpf.png
T H E - F E A R L E S S
kMqT2ZR.png

The FEARLESS are an organized resistance group that are actively working to dismantle the Ecclesian government. Spanning several thousand members, the resistance group had once led deeply undercover lives, using espionage and other strategies to thwart the government at every turn. It was clear for many years that they would be unable to resist the government in the open, the strength disparity between the resistance and the government being simply too great.

This changed with the arrival of the NOAH, a group of genetically modified orphans that were concocted through the government's ill-intended attempts to create superhuman augmentations. Dabbling in twisted science and the occult, the NOAH were the result of numerous, terrible experiments that cost the lives of several million subjects. The NOAH are a generation of incredibly powerful humans, often seen as the next step of human evolution.

Despite their powerful abilities, they were deemed uncontrollable by the state and sentenced to summary execution. Of the two thousand NOAHs that once existed during the ORACLE PROJECT, only a small fraction of that number remain, with the few left being hunted down by the government.

Realizing their potential, the resistance quickly took these children in, raising them into members that would help them enact their mission of bringing down the Ecclesian government and reestablishing a republic. With the help of the NOAH, the power balance between the two factions were quickly evened out.

Now, the FEARLESS plan their major offensive.

T H E - A F T E R L I F E
Ls4KyeK.png

The Afterlife is a small bar that exists among the slummy ghettos of Valhalla. It is a cover, one of the many establishments that shelter the resistance. Each of its patrons are soldiers in the organization, with those that work the counters the critical support personnel to keep the unit running. One of the many safehouses and bases for the FEARLESS, the Afterlife is home to many of the city's most ruthless and capable resistance fighters. Here they relax, plan and prepare for the violence yet to come...

Staffed by intelligence officers, medical personnel and informants, the AFTERLIFE is capable of directing resistance military forces during combat operations.

AFTERLIFE Operatives are issued steel briefcases that hide their disassembled weapons inside. Although the resistance has many different ways of concealing their weapons in public, AFTERLIFE units prefer to use the steel briefcase, which allows them to pack larger weaponry in public spaces. Though this comes with a greater risk of being discovered, the intelligence officers work tirelessly to plan for these contingencies.
N E W - E C C L E S I A

Y9eaIGb.png

The People's Federation of New Eccelsia, or NEW ECCLESIA, is the autocratic military state in control of VALHALLA. They are ruthless, powerful and infinite. They utilize religious extremism, propaganda and cult of personalities to control the uninformed masses. Controlling all aspects of life, they actively seek to squash any form of resistance to their rule.

Although human, they frequently enact terror upon their own population - utilizing mass genocide, internment and torture to control the city. There is no semblance of individualism within their strict moral code that favors only the strong.

Their military is organized into several wings: the Clerics, the Paladins and the Praetorium. It should be noted that the few in control of the military also control the entire city. Their power had once been indisputable, but even the Ecclesians begin to worry about the growing threat of the resistance.

rSD0gGR.png

T H E - N O A H

2eWHrjZ.png

The NOAH, are a group of genetically modified orphans that were concocted through the government's ill-intended attempts to create superhuman augmentations. Dabbling in twisted science and the occult, the NOAH were the result of numerous, terrible experiments that cost the lives of several million subjects. The NOAH are a generation of incredibly powerful humans, often seen as the next step of human evolution.

Despite their powerful abilities, they were deemed uncontrollable by the state and sentenced to summary execution. Of the two thousand NOAHs that once existed during the ORACLE PROJECT, only a small fraction of that number remain, with the few left being hunted down by the government.

The powers that the NOAH command are known as ELEGANCE and take many various forms. Sometimes they are non-combat skills such as clairvoyance or the ability to see through walls. Other times they are direct combat abilities, the ability to summon and wield large weaponry or channel the elements as if they were an extension of themselves.

It is an undisputable fact that the NOAHs are the resistance's trump card, the only hope they have against the military power of Ecclesia. However, their skills are often incredibly specialized, only able to work under certain environments. A combat NOAH that relies on ranged attacks, may have difficulty fighting in close range while another may have difficulties subduing enemies silently. As such, they are often accompanied and supported by other members of the resistance.

While the NOAH can and often do wield weapons, they generally do so with less finesse or dexterity than their allies. Unless their ability directly augments their physical weapon capabilities, they lack the many years of experience that other members of the resistance have.

Class Rules:
NOAH must be between ages 17-24 due to the timing of the ORACLE Project
NOAH must be highly specialized, they are either ranged, melee if combat or have some sort of flaw. They cannot be combat all-rounders.
NOAH can wield a limitless variety of abilities. Please be creative and ask a GM to approve your ability if you believe it to be too powerful.
NOAH do not have any memories of their life beyond their genetic modification. Some believe that they were not born through conventional means.
T H E - R O N I N

OdojruF.png

The RONIN are the military arm of the resistance. Consisting of military defectors and veteran guerrilla warfighters, the RONIN serve as the "Special Operations Forces [SOF]" for the resistance. Armed to the teeth with a vast arsenal of illegally procured weapons, the RONIN handle the most dangerous of missions for the organization. Before the arrival of the NOAH, the RONIN acted as the only defense against the strength of the Ecclesian army.

Vastly outnumbered and outgunned, no RONIN serves long without losing the majority of their comrades in the line of duty. As such, many RONIN are often afflicted with extreme psychological trauma. They have seen first hand what the Ecclesians are capable of, yet they continue to give their lives in service to the cause.

Veterans of many engagements, the RONIN are highly experienced warriors and often serve as both the mentors, leaders and bodyguards for their allies.

Class Rules:
RONIN are generally 18 years of age or older, with more experienced members being 25-30. After 40 they are no longer eligible for the role and fill support positions instead.
While they are armed with a variety of bows, swords and explosives, they are most often seen using firearms.
They do not possess Elegance and therefore cannot do anything outside the realm of mankind.
The RONIN can be combat all-rounders, or specialize in certain methods of combat.

T H E - S E R A P H I M

3bJQR0B.png

The SERAPHIM are the support units within the resistance. By far the broadest of the three, the SERAPHIM include intelligence officers, hackers, combat medics, spies, technicians and other auxiliary personnel necessary to the function of the organization. High intelligence, charisma and technical knowledge are usually required for SERAPHIM team members.

The staff in the AFTERLIFE comprise the duties of the SERAPHIM. While their roles are non-combat in nature, they often find themselves accompanying the NOAH and RONIN into combat in a supportive role. On-site medics, spies and combat hackers are just a few positions that see themselves constantly in the line of fire.

Class Rules:
The SERAPHIM are the most broad of the three classes, encompassing the "OTHER" category of classes.
Having the most freedom, the SERAPHIM can be of almost any age, with some official spies being as young as 12 years old and as old as 85. Field operatives are generally between 18-30 years old, however.
SERAPHIM generally display extreme levels of intelligence or education.
SERAPHIM can use whatever weapons they wish, though they generally stick to firearms because they are easiest to learn.

gCLvmj5.png

T H E - C L E R I C S

OsU6RWp.png

The 107th Special C L E R I C Division "Black Knight"

The CLERICs are the military police forces that exert governmental control over Valhalla. Well-trained, large in number and highly disciplined, the CLERICs are the main fighting forces utilized by the government to control the masses. Although comprised of rank and file forces, the CLERICs are incredibly diverse, including more elite special reaction teams to supplement the lesser trained personnel.

Most CLERICs serve as little more than lower ranking law enforcement, police officers controlled by the government to exert suppression and fear tactics on the population. While these CLERICs prove easy for the resistance to overwhelm and ambush, the special response teams commanded by PALADINs are generally of a much higher caliber.

Equipment and Training:
The CLERICs are incredibly diverse, meaning it is impossible to tell what sort of resistance they will put up.

Most CLERICs serving in basic law enforcement are lightly armored, if armored at all and are generally limited to a semi-automatic firearm. (Think your average police officer, just far more fanatical.)

CLERICs that serve in special roles such as the PALADIN's special assault teams, or elite bodyguards for the Praetorium receive advanced training and equipment. These forces can be heavily armored and wield anything from swords to heavy ordnance.
T H E - P A L A D I N S

rtK8X5N.png

The PALADINs are an organization of Imperial Knights founded by her Royal Majesty, Praetoriess Aurora von Emmeria of the The People's Federation of New Eccelsia. Originally tasked with the direct protection of the Praetoriess, the Imperial Knights have recently seen a surge of numbers, funding and an expansion to their mission.

Becoming the dedicated, "Anti-FEARLESS" organization, they have been placed at the forefront of destroying the resistance and, more importantly, hunting down any surviving NOAH that exists within the Federation. They are ruthless, highly skilled and hand-selected from the most elite of the CLERIC divisions.

Given a weaker version of Aurora's mutational strain, each of the PALADINs have light genetic modifications that allow them to wield medieval era arms with great finesse and dexterity. Their large shields are coated with secretive armor properties that make them resistant to both small arms and many abilities fielded by the NOAH.

Upon confronting a PALADIN, many resistance members opt to retreat than to engage directly, the latter often resulting in a swift death to those who face them.

T H E - P R A E T O R I U M

yQbURhj.png

The Praetorium are a secret organization comprised of the most powerful members in the People's Federation of New Ecclesia. Contributing to their secretive nature, nobody is sure just how much the Praetorium influence the government, or if they even exist at all. They are assumed to be highly dangerous, far more so than the PALADINs that they command.

Resistance Intelligence has estimated that there are currently six members in the Praetorium.
It is believed that the elimination of the Praetorium would lead to the complete collapse of government control.

It is assumed that PROJECT ORACLE was intended to solidify the strength of the Praetorium by utilizing the successful mutational strains derived from the NOAH to genetically modify these key members into superhumans. It is unknown whether the genetic modifications were a success, but judging that these members have not yet died, it should be assumed that these experiments were met with success.

Currently, only three identities of the Praetorium are known:
His Majesty, Praetorian Alexander von Emmeria, King of Ecclesia (Center Right)
Her Majesty, Praetoriess Aurora von Emmeria, Princess of Ecclesia (Center Left)
Lord Commander Vaskus, Grand Field Marshal (Far Left)

Last edited:
"FUCK OFF OLD MAN. DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I'M A WALKING NUCLEAR BOMB."

They're a bit of a Mary Sue class, I admit. I think my failure comes from not building up the others well enough and given the fact this is supposed to be an RP with fantasy elements, I can see how its hard to justify not having those powers to dabble in.

For now we'll just see how it goes, if it becomes too much then I'll try to add a roster of supporting characters to help fill in the gaps and make things less one-sided. I do love the plausible nature of your character and I can already see the Sarge throwing fumes from having to work with a bunch of children, basically.
Would you see them as kinda 'Mary Sues' compared to other classes? The way I see it, RONIN are much more experienced than NOAH in combat tactics/firearm usage, and most Seraphim have the advantage of possessing education/intellect/charisma that NOAH's won't be able to even scrape because of their upbringing away from society. I didn't mention it, but my char Tia can't even write very well/do mildly complex math. She's still learning, but kinda sucks.

I mean, yeah, NOAH get superpowers. That's a pretty big thing that can't be ignored and sets them way apart, but still. Aren't they pretty much limited to missions only, as they're being hunted by the government? I imagine if they go outside for too long, someone will recognize their face in a wanted poster and all hell will break lose. I'm just trying to sorta defend RONIN and Seraphim here, because I really liked the design of those classes as well, and was pretty much 50/50 between NOAH/Seraphim.

If the roster truly does get swamped with NOAH, I really don't mind switching to a Seraphim instead if my char gets accepted.

"FUCK OFF OLD MAN. DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I'M A WALKING NUCLEAR BOMB."
*Andre then drops the bombshell that he's actually 38 years old, stunning everyone in 20m radius around him into silence.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I might make a support spy then or a Ronin Sniper, was interested in making a noah but seems to be a few of them, do you have any preference in how law enforcement or soldiers of the ecclesia look like?

Well, the fact that their existence is the only reason why the resistance even has a chance is somewhat mary sue-fantastical stuff.

The RONIN are warriors, fighting for decades against an enemy that seems impossible to beat. Their efforts and sacrifice are only validated by the emergence of the NOAH, so there's certainly a focus on them as the main characters persay.

When I say "Mary Sue" I mean that in the sense they are the highlight of the world, with others feeling somewhat irrelevant in comparison. I wrote them so I don't have a problem with this representation, I just regret not making the other two as interesting.

@RedArmyShogun
Law Enforcement is handled by the clerics. The government doesn't have a true "army" because they're basically a Nazi Germany without any enemies to fight. So having a standing army wouldn't make sense.

The clerics look similar to the little graphic that says [ECCLESIA ORGANIZATION] in the opening post. The Ecclesians look somewhat futuristic, while the resistance fighters look more modern. (If you are familiar with Killzone think ISA to Helghast)

Final question, how does FEARLESS deploy snipers? Are they more of a recon support element like in modern Western Armies, or a Battlefield asset like in contemporary history?

Since the beginning of the resistance, everybody worked alone doing small-time missions to disrupt the organization and prevent things like public executions and the like. It is only recenty have they begun to really work as a cohesive unit due to the changing balance of power and reliance on the NOAHs.

With the missions becoming far more ballsy, the strategy needed to adapt.

Snipers would have probably acted as mostly assassins and recon units until recently. Though they will probably be expected to act as actual snipers now.

I am absolutely loving everything I am seeing at this point. Just wanted to say that. When it comes to dystopian styles this has snagged my attention rather well. I also thought having a Puppet Master with no combat abilities would be more fun to play than a combat based individual. A NOAH Scientist arch type.​

Getting the "If everyone is special, no one is." Vibe. Not necessarily a bad thing. If 90% of the cast are NOAHs then they'd only make the Ronins and Seraphs all the more special (which is in an interesting contrast as lore-wise, it's supposed to be other way around.)

Getting the "If everyone is special, no one is." Vibe. Not necessarily a bad thing. If 90% of the cast are NOAHs then they'd only make the Ronins and Seraphs all the more special (which is in an interesting contrast as lore-wise, it's supposed to be other way around.)

I already have an explanation ready as to why there is so many noahs being organized in one place. So I'm not worried about the irony.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
I was reading through it all again, and seen the note on human experimentation, are there any beings like mutants or medical projects running around? Sorry I lied about the final question kek.

Hmmm... @Valor what can an eidetic computer-whiz Child (Teen) Genius do as a Seraphim in Fearless?

Might be a dumb question, but I am new to the Universe, want to gather as many ideas as i can.

I'm thinking of creating a Seraph character, but I'm trying to make the character not OP/

I'm thinking of creating a Seraph character, but I'm trying to make the character not OP/

Kinda hard to make a Seraph OP with all of the super powers going on.

I was reading through it all again, and seen the note on human experimentation, are there any beings like mutants or medical projects running around? Sorry I lied about the final question kek.

Shhhhhh. Hush, my child.

Hmmm... @Valor what can an eidetic computer-whiz Child (Teen) Genius do as a Seraphim in Fearless?

Might be a dumb question, but I am new to the Universe, want to gather as many ideas as i can.

A lot, considering technology is quite a big part of the RP.

@Valor Got kind of a 'weird' question?

I am curious when it comes to you judging the sheets - especially the biography. Personally I belong to the 'camp' that believes a biography should be short and focus on stuff which can be later explored in the rp and not really present and resolve conflicts in it.

Now, because of this, I am actually conflicted because yes I do think people that write long-ass biographies full of 'nothing' is actually something negative. Not wanting to pick a fight whatsoever. Just stating what I think for the sake to make my question more clear. But now, if this kind of biography is what you actually prefer/want or otherwise you believe a character is not 'fleshed' out I can go ahead and just do it. It's not like I am incapable of doing so it's just that, because I believe it is something bad, I would avoid doing so.

Of course I am aware something like:
  • Bob was born
  • Bob joined the military
  • Bob got bored and decided 'ANARCHY RULES'
  • Bob became Fearless
Doesn't cut it and is totally not what I meant by the way I prefer doing things which was hopefully apparent enough without me even giving such an example.

I got my guy banged out, and honestly, @Skyswimsky posed a rather good question. I'm not normally one for writing long bios detailing events, but I personally felt it necessary considering what has been said so far. Coupled with the fact that I personally prefer shorter bios and let the story explore the events? I am rather curious as to how it will be answered, sure as sure. In semi related news, I certainly hope I didn't end up completely filling with 'nothing', since that certainly was not the intention. Not the intention to have 'nothing' period, for sure, but I wouldn't be so bold as to say I'm that good.

Um..

As long as I have enough information from your biography it should be alright. The thing is that an RP is a collaboration, so while I have created parts of the world I really rely on you guys to help piece certain things together or fill in the blanks. Detailed biographies that contribute to the world and backstory in a non-intrusive way generally helps bring a world to life.

So I do like to see effort placed in the biography, but if you wish to focus elsewhere, then its alright. A well written biography can also help me get to know a character better and know what that character has experienced along with how they feel towards those experiences.

I only wrote a really long biography, due to a lack of information actually. Which I guess works out, in giving ideas for certain things that have yet to be explained for our very generous GM, who's took the time to fill in as many blanks as they possibly could.

I'm still editing mine as I go myself, I wish I knew more about formatting, but alas, I don't. For I hoped to make it look nice and neat. But for now neat will have to suffice.

• Thank You
Reactions: Valor
After a day of consideration, I really can't come up with any character I'd like to play as. Gonna back out of this one.

Although a noah, with my character's Elegence, he might as well be a useful dead weight. I hope someone is ready to tote around a body when the things get going and we get into missions :'). Assuming he gets accepted of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.