[ S P E R O ] - Our Last Hope.

P.S. I've gave u a little not about this but I forgot to make it clear the cloak present was for Lilac not Adrian =D

Sorry I didn't respond. Have about a hundred things open at once, haha.

Gotcha, thank you. I thought it was a bit strange. I'll edit Adrian's little scene :)

Um... I find this to be fascinating, but I cannot comprehend all that has occurred up until now. I read until the second OOC page, at which point I was already lost. Would someone care to fill me in? Is this plot still accepting new characters, even?

Yes, we are accepting new characters!

We haven't actually started the roleplay, so don't worry!

I'm actually using this as an experiment to roleplaying.

In the group here, we are building up the world of Spero through "the past of our characters". Instead of starting out with introductions, I felt it was more important to have them begin already knowing each other. To have them really know each other, Hunter suggested that we roleplay a little bit of the past. So the "IC" threads in the group are basically doing that.

We'll spend some time building our character relationships before we move on to the current timeline.

Also, we will do a "Prequel" before the actual roleplay as well. Since we are going back in the past, we are going to replace ourselves and have the minds of the future, so we will need to know what originally happened, right? In that case, we'll write out the Prequel roleplay first (the events from Kaelen arriving to Aurora/Melanie's death.) and then, we can begin the original roleplay at the point in the future, where they go into the past.

If that makes no sense, tell me! I'll clarify :)

Well, right now what do you have to do?

Make your character! Try to look over everyone else's characters' kingdoms' descriptions and come up with something new. (It might be a bit of a challenge since there are so many! Feel free to just ask if something is taken.)

Once you post your character and are accepted, post a discussion for your character in the group so you can start building relationships in the past. Then, check out the four IC threads:

1- the king's council
(the children and their parents all meet at a young age)
2- eean's death
(prince eean of liberta committs suicide. this is after Queen Aurora/Melanie's death, about a year after. before the events of the time travel, though)
3- lilac's 18th birthday
(based on your character's age and lilac's age, you'll know how old you are. this is a year before the kaelen events. its a celebration in Ethare, Lilac's kingdom)
4- Welcome to sellectica
(when damien is 18, five years before the kaelen events, a new kingdom, sellectica comes to surface. the other heirs come to greet them.)

you may opt out of any of the IC threads with a note that you 'send'. For example (for lilac's birthday, Heather sends a note saying she is unable to attend, etc)

It's a lot to handle, I know, but take your time & we're all here to help!

>:0 *epic samurai face* ....Yes! I accept this challenge gratefully!

I would be less intrusive if I could join as the protector of one of the princesses. I'm not sure which one; there are many. I could also create another heir, if necessary, probably of a teensy, secretive country with no allies, yet no enemies.

SillyZephMadeAnOopsieEdit: Oh wait, Ifriett is the country still unclaimed, correct? Could I customize that country?

Oopsie#2: Oh wait, that there's a link to the Ifriett Princess, not a space to be filled... Now I'm really confused...

Bad news guys...my comp has a virus. So im going to be incapacitated for awhile. I'm using my phone to type this, but I can't do that for the whole thread. You guys will just have to go on without me.

That's up to you Zypher. You can create another heir or if you want to be a guard that's cool too. Or maybe you could do a bit of both. Be a mercenary Kingdom for hire to guard people.
As for who you wish to guard that again is also up to you - the majority are generally nice characters. When it comes to princesses a lot of the character sheets seem to be nice, but generally helpless. I'm just the awkward Princess who is a well trained ranger with and arranged marriage to Prince Isaac (trust me to be awkward)

I'm not sure what Sakura's thoughts are but I think that Lilac would probably be a good character to guard if you went down that route.

If you're interested in that, you'll have difficultly being part of the main story. Being a guard, you won't go back in time and such.

Aira's idea is a little more versatile:
You could play a princess from a small country with only one ally - that of the princess you are going to guard - being a guard-specialized country and then, you could be a guard.
And sure, Lilac does seem like the most helpless. Having a guard would be interesting.
Being a heir and Lilac's guard, you'll be at the middle of the story and able to join the main plot.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Making a kingdom and such, won't be difficult.

& Hunter, I hope your computer gets fixed soon! Until then, hang in there D:
Hopefully it'll be fixed so you can return !

I would be less intrusive if I could join as the protector of one of the princesses. I'm not sure which one; there are many. I could also create another heir, if necessary, probably of a teensy, secretive country with no allies, yet no enemies.

SillyZephMadeAnOopsieEdit: Oh wait, Ifriett is the country still unclaimed, correct? Could I customize that country?

Oopsie#2: Oh wait, that there's a link to the Ifriett Princess, not a space to be filled... Now I'm really confused...

hey...if you want to join the Ifriett country, you can. cuz you said something about being a protector for a princess? well, the princess of that country needs one. she travels with bodyguards, so...i could allow that..if they think its okay

Sorry for having you drag out Adrian all the time Sakura - I hope you don't mind to much.

No worries ! I'm starting to like Adrian a lot :D even if he's not a main.

I was thinking, when I have time, to profile sheet him so I have more structure to work it ^.^

Sorry for the late reply everyone!

Hope we see you soon Hunter :c

Just popping in to say, um, I'm almost done with my heir. What I can tell you now; female, complicated, from the deep valley country of Kyal, and grudges galore. Kyal is between Valiron and Faedon. I'm not sure which country borders its northern tip, yet.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work :D
And let us know if you have any questions (:

I did it... Here it is :) Tell me if you find an error or want me change anything.

Name:
Mimmara Reen of Kyal (nicknames; Mim, Mimmi, Mimma, Mara, Reen, and Mimma-reen. Too many nicknames.)

<o:p></o:p>

Title: Princess

Appearance:
34ya3x2.jpg
Most people of Kyal are very little, and Mimmara is no exception. She is about 4'9, a little short even by Kyalian standards, and weighs 85 lbs. Her small size and delicate structure would typically cast her as a helpless child, but even if her drastic curves are close together like an accordion, they classify her as an adult, and her serious face and deep voice gain respect for her. Mimmara has many scars. Most are on her arms, but several reside on her legs as well, and one prominent scar runs from the front of left shoulder to above her right breast. See "general past" to understand where she got them. <o:p></o:p>
Kingdom: Kyal

Kingdom Description: Kyal is a small and seemingly insignificant country. Although located near many other countries, it may as well be on another planet. As far as politics go, Kyal is distinctively removed from nearly everything. It is a very private country, and the royal family typically refuses to meet with any other. The entirety of Kyal lies in a very expansive, deep, steep-edged valley that few can pass in or out of without complications. Mountains surround Kyal on all sides. Kyal Valley is humid and rainy, making the entire place very lush and green indeed. There seems to be only two seasons; summer and winter. Both are wet, and neither has extreme temperatures.

Underneath the mountains is an abundance of colorful gems that have become more precious to the Kyalian people than anything else, because they are the easiest to transport on the long, tiring journey out of the valley. Other than that, Kyal exports delicious dried meats and beautiful clothing dyes. Livestock is everywhere; mainly horses and sheep, but there are some cows. Kyal does not grow the cotton required to make the light, breathable clothing they desire, and they have no way to make lasting, strong weapons.

A very simple, wild, and friendly people as a whole, they never seem to be at war, though most enjoy learning their traditional form of close combat which combines ruthless violence with speed and grace. Many horses equal an abundance of horse riders available for exporting goods to the outside world and patrolling the valley's edges. These people will sacrifice anything to protect their country.

Suggested connections: Possibly close-knit to Ethare, a fellow small country that is generally kind. Lilac and Mimmara would have fun together, but at the same time, Mimmara would probably feel the need to give Lilac "tough love." Lilac could be the one person that Mimmara is closest to truly trusting.

Valiron is one of the mountainous regions above Kyal, the one to the east. They may be loose allies and trading partners. Kyal might colorful wool and dried meat in exchange for precious metals.

Shiante is very close to the southern border. Trading is likely the only connection; cotton and silk from Shiante in exchange for dyes and gems.

The other mountains, on Kyal's eastern border, are part of Faedon. Faedon's barbarian tribes in the west are close-knit with the Kyalians; the ties between Faedon and Kyal would be only to terrorize each other, but Kyal cherishes its neutrality too much to bring war upon itself. Mimmara, though, hates Faedon and everything about it, including the royal family. But after Faedon was taken over, Mimmara became worried about her mother's tribes. Her father in a poor mental state, she made the decision herself to move the tribes into Kyal. She did so personally.

To the North of Kyal is Lilia. More than likely, Kyal trades dried meats and gems for weaponry.

Valkyr is Kyal's biggest competitor when it comes to trading. There is probably just tolerance between the two.

Liberta and Estris may as well not exist for as much attention as Kyal gives them. The royal family sees nothing to gain from a relationship with the two countries.

Ifriett may be a loose ally. Kyal and Ifriett are both tropical and wild. Even the people are somewhat wild. Although no trading is likely, ways of life might be passed from one country to the other, such as teaching how to make medicine for a teaching on how to make dyes. Rhaen and Mimmara might be friends; Mimmara would respect Rhaen's strength and beliefs.
Personality Traits: Mimmara is blunt and therefore does not understand sarcasm. She is very messy, easily distracted (long-termgoals aside), strong-willed, and paranoid of but fascinated by the non-Kyalian world. A sensitive, battered heart leads to fear of further pain and makes for harsh, unsympathetic treatment of others, but aside from that she is fun-loving, energetic, painfully curious, and alternates between introversion and extroversion. When she finally feels safe enough to speak, she will speak endlessly. When she begins a serious fight, she becomes a berserker. Oh, and all of emotions look about the same on her face.

General Past: King Mimmar IV married an innocent, kind woman from one of the barbarian tribes in the west of Faedon. Her name was Akara. Akara gave birth to four children, Mimmara being the second. The first-born was Mimmar V, a strong and healthy boy, two years older than Mimmara. Akara also bore twins; one boy, Rikaar, and a girl, Rima. They were four years younger than Mimmara.

When Mimmara was 12 and her twin siblings 8, the family visited their mother's tribe. King Mimmar stayed in Kyal, as did Prince Mimmar.While visiting the tribe, Queen Akara, Mimmara, Rima, and Rikaar were all caught in a battle with some Faedon troops. The queen and twins were slaughtered by ignorant soldiers before Mimmara's declarations of being royalty were finally heard. Mimmara escaped with prominent scars that were both emotional and physical. A war could have been started, but there was nothing to be won, and Kyal would have lost miserably.

Mimmara lost her elder brother recently when he never returned from visiting Cella and Aurora, his unrequited love, before she married. Now King Mimmar has fallen even further into insanity, along with becoming physically ill, and will die within the month. Mimmara will then become Queen.

Connection to Kingdom of Cella: Visits Cella once or twice a year and is always fascinated by its bustling markets. Knew Aurora vaguely and liked her well enough. Never met Kaelen.<o:p></o:p>
Magic: Regenerates from wounds quickly and temporary numbness while fighting. It is both a great power for a berserker to have and a horrible one.

Things: Can't cook, can't start fires, and all animals (except dogs and her one of her two horses) hate her. She has six massive dogs that follow her everywhere, and two horses. One horse, a young grey mare, seems to want nothing more than to bite off a chunk of Mimmara. She's Dagger. Mimmara's other horse is a friendly stallion with a light brown body and black mane and tail. That's Gem.

On terms with trading with Valkyr. Valkyr isn't a mean place - they too are neutral and stay away from politics. On terms of money Valkyr trade a lot of jewels as well as weaponry. Also as the Prince of Valiron was to marry Heather but the King and Queen of Valkyr let their princess decide. Valkyr would trade supplies with their kingdom for ores in order to strong jeweled weapons including bows. But among the jewel mines there would also realistically be minerals within their kingdom for them to work with. Thus it isn't completely necessary to trade with Valiron however the extra supplies are useful. The only reason Valkyr meet with the other royals is too keep an eyes on things and make sure no advances go toward their country.

They would compete in the weaponry market indeed. But because of the amount of money the kingdom does have, they would probably look at Kyal in a kind regard.