RWBY Tribute?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kelsi Kitsune, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, as some may(or may not) know, Monty Oum, of RoosterTeeth, passed away yesterday. Article by Matt of RT can be read here. I was wondering if anyone wanted to make their own weapons/characters set in the world of RWBY, as our very own tribute to Monty, here on Iwaku. I myself am thinking of making a weapon and posting it to this thread, in tribute and memory of one of the most creative souls RoosterTeeth has ever had.

Please fell free to create a weapon or character, or both, and post here. And also, in the wise words of Monty, keep moving forward.

• Love Love x 2
  2. Way ahead of ya'.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. <3 I'd love to create some characters for this, but I'm not very good with full body characters, so I'm thinking of drawing out a weapon similar to Rens(?) dual pistols, or a mix between Yang's gauntlets, and Ivy's(Soul Calibur) snake sword thing.

• Love Love x 1
  4. To be honest I haven't kept up with Rooster Teeth for years. Can't say what year, but around the forth season of Red vs. Blue and some other projects. But I do sympathize with their loss. I only heard about this earlier today.

To be honest, I'm a bit lost on the weapon and character designing part. Could somebody fill me in on this?

• Love Love x 1
  5. Basically I wanted to have a little thread where people could make their own weapons or 'characters' simply in memory of Monty. Weapons and characters would have the basics of RWBY, names that sound like colors(or something like that, if I recall), and weapons that change from one weapon into another.

• Love Love x 1
  6. I'm no expert, but I feel like this might go over better in the artsy section, seeing as people will stumble into this thread and expect it to be a place to pay tribute to him in text, I assume.

But still, it's a nice thought.

• Love Love x 1
  7. Well, really, a tribute in any way, shape, or form is allowed, and I would love nothing more than to see people pay their respects in any and all positive ways, it's just something I thought up at random, and didn't know where else to put it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. I'll make something... For sure this time.

In tribute of Monty!

• Love Love x 1
  9. IN TRIBUTE OF MONTY!

THE KING IN THE NORTH!

oh wait, wrong thread

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  10. I got lazy and only drew-sketched an original character portrait.
    :(
    For Monty.

But it's something.
    I'll post it once I get on my home CPU.
    Who knows, maybe I'll draw-sketch another or two by then.

• Love Love x 1
  11. In tribute of Monty!

12. IN TRIBUTE!
    OF MONTY!

• Love Love x 1
  13. The King in the North!

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  14. *King in Vale

• Love Love x 1
  15. @Grif ♥

!!!!!!!!!

I see what you did there!

THE KING IN THE VALE!

16. For the King of the Vale!!

• Love Love x 1
  17. All hail the King in the Vale!

• Love Love x 1
  18. All hail the King in the Vale.

• Love Love x 1
  19. All hail! The King in the Vale!! All hail!!
    *raises a mug of mead in Monty's honor*

• Love Love x 2
  20. I'm broadcasting all the Jeff Williams/RT songs I can find here, if you'd like to listen in.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.