Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Asuras

Original poster
[bg=#79addd]
RWBY[/bg] =Tooth and Nail
=

"The body of man is unsuitable for the world.
We have no talon, no claw
No wing, no maw
Eyes that are un-keen
and a skin easy to bleed

All that we may boast is a spirit unique
And a mind at the peak
That we may control our destiny
With stone and steel
And avoid becoming
The world's meal
"

Year XXXX of Remnant. The ancient enemy, the Grimm, have vanished from the world. For a quite some time, men enjoyed rest from a looming, soulless enemy that haunted the very rise of civilization. And yet, in the words of a wise man...

"Fear not what lies in the darkness beyond, but who."

Intrinsic to our nature, war was inevitable. How it would be fought, long after the times of Grimm, was amorphous at best. What had transpired was something pulled straight from a nightmare.

Project FANG, developed by scientists and engineers of Atlas, was soon to become the next plague upon Remnant.

A nightmarish fusion of artificial intelligence and the boundless freedom of nature itself, the Grimm were replaced by something less foul, but infinitely more dangerous.

Just a teaser for now! This is an interest check for an AU RWBY roleplay involving a 'future' Remnant plagued by the creations of a military warmachine gone awry.

Things will be relatively the same as in a standard RWBY roleplay; you will play as Hunters or Huntresses, called upon as their skills are sought to fight against the newborn darkness. There will not be an academy setting for this roleplay, so if that's what you're seeking look elsewhere.

I'm looking for a tight-knit group of a handful of players... somewhere around 6-8 players who are dedicated. Posting schedules will be determined per-round, likely no longer than a week at max.

aATREvZ.jpg

[bg=#79addd]A Return to Nature[/bg]​
[bg=#79addd][/bg]

Unchecked, the piracy of Vacuo's citizens upon surrounding nations could not be stifled by the loose-fitting government standing over the western continent. Angered by the unmendable situation outside of its political sphere, the nation that had the most to lose from the piracy, Atlas, opted to take action rather than simply stand by. Of course, the 'informal' Vacuo governing body could not stand by as their shores were invaded either, and the first war since the Great War had begun, much to the chagrin of the surrounding world. Adverse from the idea of breaking what had been maintained for so long, Vale and Mistral stood by and watched.

In the face of desolate landscapes, a determined population, and no end in sight to the continued defeat of their own troops, Atlas would become impatient in their attempts to stifle the nuisance that existed within Remnant once and for all. A project, built to relieve Atlas of the burden of death and resource, came into fruition.

Project FANG, developed by esteemed scientist Majorelle Powder, was a blending of metal and flesh to create a force unable to be removed. The thought in the think tank went, "If they wish to draw things out, then we will do the same." What better way to force Vacuo's hand than to use nature itself; the one thing in the world that was wholly unstoppable.

Project FANG centered around the creation of an advanced supercomputer, dubbed NORA-1, which had control over an army of minute nanomachines specializing in manipulating genes within a living system. Placed within vats of bio-matter, NORA-1 need only think it to create it.

In a matter of days, the supercomputer had developed a number of terrifying creatures hellbent on occupying Vacuo lands, embedding themselves as very facets of their local fauna. So deeply ingrained into Vacuo lands, the creatures could be given commands to spring from the shadows to wreak havoc upon resistance.

The strategy was so effective that the people of Vacuo had to go into hiding to avoid the monstrous menace. The land had become so hellishly hostile to humanity that Vacuo's once desolate landscape began to return to greenery, unperturbed by artificial influence.

Where once occupation and control over Vacuo had been Atlas' main objective, what remained of the place had ensured they needn't even attempt colonization. Project FANG was shut down, and NORA-1's system turned offline. But such was not the end of the nightmare, as a bug in the system had prevented the nanomachines from prompting a forced apoptosis in the creatures that had been created. With NORA-1 offline and the creatures still standing, they were free to roam as wild animals rather than AI-controlled military units.

Vacuo was left with the living hell, and Atlas dared not attempt to exorcise their own creations. Years passed as Atlas enjoyed peace from their vanquished nuisance until nature itself took revenge. Unhinged, the wild creations began to spread further than Vacuo, infesting the lands beyond to torture even more poor souls.

As the Grimm had passed from this world, they were replaced by monsters of a different name.

They were called Behemoths.

Though the practices of Hunters and Huntresses had slowly begun to die out without the presence of Grimm, their services were called upon again to combat the spreading menace whose very beings had become one with nature.

The Second Hunt had begun.

Retired Huntsmen rose from their places of peace to return to the fight against a new enemy. Bloodlines looked to their children to take up the mantle once more. Militaries scoured their forces for those most fit to join the cause. As entire towns and cities fell to the might of a savage and diverse enemy built to kill and persevere, every ounce of help was needed to stave off extinction.

So goes the spreading creed of the Second Huntsmen;

"The enemy breathes our air. Drinks our waters. Sleeps in our lands.
They care not for morality or peace. Not for friendship or progress.
They are like animals, true to the blood of lions and wolves.
But they are no mere animals.
Monsters, all of them.
Bred by the amoral mind of a machine created to kill and maim.
To terrify and torture.

By our human hands,
Hand in hand once again
We shall turn against the shadows in the trees, in the skies, in the waters
And we shall unleash our own teeth.
Our own nails.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
>no academy setting

See, this is why we're friends.

>no longer than a week at max
>dedicated players
>looks at FV
This is where you explicitly ban all members of the bandwagon excluding me, Asuras. :p

FV gets a pass because its lifeforce is connected to my heartbeat.

Such mercy will be your undoing.

I am in love with this idea... Count me in , Please!

Neat little twist. Consider me interested.

Last edited:
This is interesting. Will peek around when sign-ups are open to see what's up.

While I'm interested because of the whole biotech elements and such, I know jack shit about RWBY, so if that's a barrier, that's pretty much it.

And, well, things about posting speed being possibly questionable, but I should be able to get into a good rhythm now that all the break and vacation stuff is beginning to wear off.

Placing interest here.

obama_interested_puts_hand_on_.gif

You know what, I'm going to join a fandom. Albeit an AU fandom, but a fandom none the less. You want to know why? Because the universe of RWBY is cool. I wish I could live in a world where everything can also be a gun.

I'm a big RWBY Fan, but I normally stray from the roleplays because they always seem to lack a level of originality. (The current one im in is pretty unique however.) Despite that, I really like the creativity and effort put into something like this, and would love to join this (:

EDIT:

Just saw the OOC, and there are some pretty great characters. Unfortunately it seems I've missed out on grabbing a slot. Oh well. I'll probably be following this however, just because I'm curious to see where the story goes. (:

There are open slots still, so I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.