RWBY: The OC Story IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
CERISE COGNIT: BEACON STAFF

Ms. Cognit was fuming as she stood outside of the Academy, Bora needing to take a few steps away from her. Her cheeks were red, eyes piercing, and teeth grit back and forth at the mess the three students had made. She stomped over to the three boys, her feet seemingly leaving behind a trail of fire. She snapped her fingers once, and in a flash, the environment around them was back to normal. This semblance of hers aided her in both being the school's janitor and being a huntress; this being a perfect example of her janitorial duties.

"HEY! We haven't even begun the welcoming speech and right away there's a fight!? Ugh! You! You! You! And everyone else out here! Main Hall, now!" This time, she was going to stick around to ensure that everyone went where they needed. Cerise turned her attention to Jay, Oshea, and Ven. "I want to see all three of you in the Headmaster's office right after his speech; he doesn't have time to waste on any of you right now. And don't think any of you can get away with this. I guarantee there will be worse consequences if you try to slip away! Oh, and don't worry about your friend." She told them before she snapped her finger and pointed at the door, gesturing that they go now.

Bora surely wasn't going to stick around with a woman who acted like her mother, so she was already on her way.​

Oshea was red as he was yelled at... made him hurry up to the main hall... he could see Spiral glaring back at them all.
Violet heard the commotion and ran out to see but saw Ms. Cognit...."wHOA not getting involved i'll punish that idiot later" she said entering the main hall after her cousin...

"You... man we both know it would be best if you stayed off the staff's radar you dummy" she whispered to him
"HI BORA" she screeched waving as she went in
@Jessica2477

Pdmknyv.png

The young musician gritted her teeth after having first bitten down on her hand, leaving small teeth marks in her skin. She took steadying breaths to push past the throbbing numbness of her toes before a voice interrupted her momentary attempt to meditate past the pain. "You okay?" the voice asked, "You made quite the... unique sound when that bag landed on your foot". Magnolia pushed her hair back from her eyes as she looked up to her side to see whom had spoken to her, noticing a taller boy looking down at her with some what concern mixed with intrigue. "I wish it'd been a bag" she smiled sheepishly, implying it had been a foot that'd stepped on her toes, "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to cause such a disturbance" she said, slightly reddening again now that attention had been brought back to her sudden outburst. The boy was tall dark and handsome, ticking the boxes of what most girls would pine for in a love interest. He was well dressed and his demeanor and approach expressed a cool temperament that she could appreciate since she herself wasn't someone who would be identified as 'loud', even if she did have the potential to be the loudest if she so desired. Deciding to press on with the conversation she would introduce herself, extending her hand towards him, "My name is Magnolia Cadenza, but people tend to call me Lea... or Mags on rare occasions. It's nice to meet you" she said with a smile.

@Infin1teZer0

@Blitzfang43
"Hm, yea its a bit unsightly, like they haven't gotten the whole 'don't use them as toys' lecture." August thought to himself for a moment, still a bit apprehensive but at least feeling better it wasn't going too awkwardly. "What kind of ride are you thinking of? We're here to become hunters foremost of all, getting a bit old to mess around like kids anymore."

August looked at the woman as he figured out what the deal with the sign was, half-curious as to why Marty was auxiliaried in the first place. He pondered for a moment when he asked if August wanted to hang out for now. He never really spoke to him at Signal, should that really be changing now? August remembered, he wanted things to be a bit different when he came to Beacon, maybe not different like this but Marty seemed like a decent enough guy, whether they ended up on the same team or not, it wouldn't hurt

"Yea, sure, don't have anywhere I need to be really." With that, he looked back at the rest of the students, hoping this place would at least have some calm & quiet later on. As Mardi & August began moving, he spoke up "So.... how have things been since Signal?".

Happy to see that he was at least willing to chill with him as they advanced towards the main hall. Noting Rias as she decided to join the conversation he gave her hair a little ruffle before replying. "Yeah we were just on our way there. Oh and this is August by just for future reference." The girl was certainly bubbly, but damn was she blunt when it came to conversations...not that she could blame her as he wasn't much better. "And you mister need to learn how to lighten up a bit. We're just starting the year out so I say we raise hell now, and focus on the books and stuff when they come." Mardi was always the party now, study later types, but his natural gift of intelligence was a great boon in offsetting his procrastination.

He heard sounds of a fight going on a ways back and students buzzing about these guys going at it. But as quickly as it begun one of the staff members broke up even faster. Seeing no point in focusing on the defusing situation he decided that getting to the main hall quickly was probably the better idea. "Things have been going great, and i've been working out as you can see," he said flexing a bit, "Guess that's why you had a bit of trouble recognizing me at first." The year before he left Signal Mardi had hit a huge growth spurt, and decided that working out would help keep him in fighting shape and not look like a twig...although he may have gone a bit overboard. "But anyway enough about me man how have you been since those days."

Are you kidding me.

The fight itself was pretty short. Mr Tall Legs had intervened catching the boomerang and as soon as Jay got over to the fight, the Boomerang guy ran off. Then a teacher came over and condemned the three of them, Jay included, to the Headmaster. And he had only drawn his sword....

First days really starting off well. Fan-freaking-tastic.

After that wonderful encounter Jay trudged to the main hall passing Creed and Bora.

Hopefully the rest of the school year isn't like this....

August didn't really meet the new faunas girl's gaze dreading the increase of social variables that were forming, "Yea.... hey", he nodded to her before turning back in response to Marty, "What are talking about? I am lightened up, not my fault I just think not every moments got to be a party. Sometimes a nice quiet moment is" He had a crooked smile as he continued walking. "I bet those guys fighting back there are raising a hell of their own, personally prefer to be on the outside of chaos like that."I bet those guys fighting back there are raising a hell of their own don't you think?"

"Yea man... you've sure grown a lot." August freezed for a slight moment as he asked about what he's been up today, remembering for a brief moment why he tried avoiding Signal back then. "Oh, not much, just been doing my own things since then.... Exploring, looking, just whatever comes to me when I feel it, life's a big place." He looked back at the girl that was next to them, he knew she said he attended Beacon.... but... he couldn't remember her at all. What was bothering him even more was the fact he remembered a silver-haired faunas girl.....but her name was Amber, not Rias, so WHY was her name Rias now? Why did her hair get messy? Where is the real Amber? Is she a white fang infiltrator? Several more scenarios continued to play out in his head as they continued to walk.

Bora paused mid chew and looked around when she saw Violet, Oshea, Jay, and a few others going to the Main Hall. She hummed a little and used her free hand to wave back at Violet. She almost stopped dead in her track when she saw, for the first time in a while, a faunus. The last time she saw a faunus was combat school and in a few comic books she had read. But, she had never been so close to one before (which wasn't very close, really).

The bluish purple haired girl continued walking again, turning her attention forward and resuming her trip to the Main Hall. This time, she was nearly running for the Hall where her sister would be saving a seat for her. Though it was unnecessary, considering there were available seats near and around them.

Bora didn't want to be caught looking at the trio at all. It could result in conversation or conflict and... Bora wasn't sure she'd be able to handle meeting more than one person at once. At least without Sunil or Livius to guide her through it...

Amber White

Somewhere... In Beacon Academy, a sparring match was being held, though... Well, most people walking by the arena would find this to be more than obvious, as the continuous sounds of whooshing, clanging, and various explosions seemed to ring out. In the middle of the arena stood Amber, well, standing would not be the best way to describe her... She was in the middle of a rather intense battle, or, at least she treated it like so... Dust rounds were being fired left and right, and, frankly, to the untrained eye, it was difficult to see how she was managing to hold her ground. However, those who could follow the action would immediately realized that not all of the dust rounds were hitting Amber, but, instead, were passing through her? Well, that would be enough to warrant one to do a "double take" on what they were seeing... And that's when it would become apparant that Amber seemed to be "deploying" illusions of herself strategically, catching her opponents by surprise at times, or, at the very least, giving her a few extra seconds to strike back. Though, there were times when she used the handy ranged feature on her weapon, which she had nicknamed "sting", for the biting pain it's rounds tended give off if one isn't protected by their aura.

While she managed to keep up the pressure on her opponents going "solo", it would seem that the team leader she was going up against had other ideas... Judging from his posture, the leader appeared to have grown up in the Kingdom of Atlas, he simply watched as his team members were eventually knocked out of the match, with Amber's carefull, but steady whittling away at each of their aura levels... However, she herself had yet to take a serious beating, which she probably had her illusions to thank for that. However, as he finally stepped up, the illusion Amber cast at him; an "ghost image" of her rushing him, preparing a swing with her sword didn't seem to phase him... It looks like by observing her, he had caught onto her little trick. With this rather blatantly clear to her, Amber shifted tactics, suddenly activating one of her dust explosives.... Throwing it towards the ground as she used "Sting's" grappling hook to lift herself up into the air, doing a backwards somersault as the explosion went off, blowing up a cloud of smoke as she raised her blade, trying to see how her final opponent had fared...

It was then that he burst through the smoke, shaking off some rubble; it was only then that it became noticeable that the strange, bladed weapon he was holding had a distinct barrel of sorts, containing a multitude of different dust types... Something that seemed to be quite a common custom of those who had been raised in Atlas to some extent. Amber realized her opponent wasn't going to be so easily taken out, and his aura level, seemed to equal hers for the moment... Unless... It was then that she had an idea... Closing her eyes for a moment, and opening them, a suddenly glint of sorts appeared in her eyes as a rather determined look suddenly crossed her face, and she charged forwards, leaving behind an illusion of herself, seeming to be preparing to fire "Sting"... Her movements were quick as she suddenly unleashed a volley of swings onto her opponent, catching him by surprise; he had been expecting a ranged attack rather than an up close volley of strikes... His aura level dropped quickly, but, he wasn't defeated so easily... His aura level dropped about haflway before he managed to raise the blade of his weapon, clashing with her own before he jumped backwards... The barrel in his blade turned as he prepared another strike... It was then that Amber struck him with a dust round, having taken the time to properly aim her weapon, causing the icea projectile he had been about to launch from his weapon to hit the floor inches away from her. It looked like he wasn't very experienced in battle, which gave Amber a bit of an edge in this; they clashed blades a few more times, with her forcing him back now, that look of concentration on her face becoming more and more prominent... Then, he saw something that would make any sensible person jump; a nevermore had come up behind them both, swooping towards them at a frightening speed, the poor team leader backed away, not seeming to care about the fact that he had just stepped out of bounds of the arena... That was until something dawned upon him; they were indoors... So, where would a nevermore have-?... The question answered itself, as it wasn't a nevermore, it was one of Amber's illusions, and her antics had just cost him the match!

"Cheap shot!" He called out irritably as a distinct beeping sound indicated the match was over... He well, less than elegantly stormed out of the arena, with Amber seeming to drop her stance, giggling a little, "Better luck next time!" she called, waving ever so innocently at him... Though she did feel a little worn out herself... Maybe it was time to call it quits... The sparring arena was a little empty now anyways. "Guess that's it for me... Later guys!" She called; looks like she was referring to the rest of the team she had faced, all of which had already picked themselves up, and were walking out, some looking a bit ashamed... Then again; they did do pretty well for hunters and huntresses who were just starting off here... Even if they did sort of challenge her to a sparring match, with perhaps a little too much confidence. At any rate, she hoped they wouldn't be too bitter about the whole thing later on... For the time being, she made her way down the hall, not really having an particular destination in mind; she just needed a little time to recover from that fight really...​

The situation having defused after Spiral left, Ven started to relax. Almost subconsciously, his armour had grown and strengthened, the hardened panels of already extremely tough material thickening and stems knitting together to ready for a potential fight. This effect soon receded after the aggressor had gone away, seeing himself as outnumbered 3 to 1.
Dahlia's menacing plans helped. He could just imagine her standing above Spiral's bed on the ceiling, arranging nettles on his face or something.
His progress in getting to a more relaxed state was interrupted and reverted though, when the damn janitor came out to bitch at them. Ven could somewhat get that she'd angry, fights shouldn't break out on the first day. But she hadn't even been there. If he and -well, probably just him but he'd let the other guy take some credit, after all he had nearly squished him earlier- the sword guy hadn't stepped in to stop him, the poor sod he'd been going after would be ashen pulp mixed with the ground by now.
Nothing he could do now, he thought. The janitor had told them to go to the main hall, they'd needed to anyway.
His grin returning, he finally managed to reply to Dahlia, "Alright, let's go, come on!"
Grabbing her arm in return for before, he ran with her, the excitement palpable on his face, he had all but forgotten Spiral's aggression and Ms. Cognit's screeching, focused too much on the present, on finally becoming a part of beacon and getting inducted. When he sat down in the hall with Dahlia, it was all he could do to stay still. Even the inside of this place was huge! He couldn't wait for classes to start.

Dahlia looked around the main hall as she was dragged in by Ven. Most of the students had either filed in or been shooed in by the shouty janitor lady by this point. The hall felt packed now, with students jostling to get to the seats. Clearing a few slow groups out of the way through judicious and subtle use of her elbows, she sat down next to Ven, and also next to the glasses-wearing dude who had pulled his sword on the boomerang bastard. He seemed a bit...irritated. Maybe he could use some cheering up?

"Hi there!!! I'm Dahlia Crimson, and it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure we're going to have a great time, especially if we get to make one specific person's life a bit more...interesting. Whaddaya say?"

"Hi there!!! I'm Dahlia Crimson, and it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure we're going to have a great time, especially if we get to make one specific person's life a bit more...interesting. Whaddaya say?"

Jay turned around from his deep thought. "Huh. The names Jay Ciel. And as much as I would love to take you up on your offer, I'm going to have to pass. I'm already in enough crap as it is," he snapped quickly at the guy and turned back around toward the center podium.

Well if that wasn't rude I don't know what is... Lets try this again.

He turned to new person again. This time his voice was a lot softer. "Sorry if I came off as rude right there just a tad bit stressed out," Jay said as he stretched out his hand for a handshake. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Dahlia. I would love to continue this conversation after the speech. I really don't want to get in trouble again. How bout it?"

@RJS

August didn't really meet the new faunas girl's gaze dreading the increase of social variables that were forming, "Yea.... hey", he nodded to her before turning back in response to Marty, "What are talking about? I am lightened up, not my fault I just think not every moments got to be a party. Sometimes a nice quiet moment is" He had a crooked smile as he continued walking. "I bet those guys fighting back there are raising a hell of their own, personally prefer to be on the outside of chaos like that."I bet those guys fighting back there are raising a hell of their own don't you think?"

"Yea man... you've sure grown a lot." August freezed for a slight moment as he asked about what he's been up today, remembering for a brief moment why he tried avoiding Signal back then. "Oh, not much, just been doing my own things since then.... Exploring, looking, just whatever comes to me when I feel it, life's a big place." He looked back at the girl that was next to them, he knew she said he attended Beacon.... but... he couldn't remember her at all. What was bothering him even more was the fact he remembered a silver-haired faunas girl.....but her name was Amber, not Rias, so WHY was her name Rias now? Why did her hair get messy? Where is the real Amber? Is she a white fang infiltrator? Several more scenarios continued to play out in his head as they continued to walk.
"Yeah I can feel you on that part of life my friend. Like my dad used to say "life is like a stage so preform until your curtains are called", and hopefully this school shall help me to fulfill that saying." Mardi saw that many if the students were just about all gathered inside so he picked up the pace a little to get there sooner. He was treated to quite the sight as he walked into the building as it seems the outside, as grand as it was, was only a prelude to the extravagant details lying within. "Man this place looks kinda like a palace instead of just a regular Academy...then again this one of the top hunting schools so being well funded shouldn't be a problem." He made his way through the thick crowd of students trying to find a seat for the three of them to sit together. He spotted 4 seats available at this table that one of the two Signal sisters was sitting at alongside some guy that looked familiar, but couldn't place a name to his face at the moment.

Motioning for August and Rias to follow he strided over towards the table to get preped for the upcoming speech. Sitting down he gave a deep sigh as he was finally able to relax his legs after all the walking, and standing about but didn't forget to throw a little smile and wave towards the two sitting just across from him. Mardi then went a bit silent as he waited for his group to arrive and for the headmaster to give his orientation speech, and hopefully set them on about their way to truly get settled.

Last edited:
'...I'll keep this brief.'

The man at the microphone, who was presumably the headmaster of the school, began. The room quickly fell silent, his tone of voice not exactly welcoming or enlightening as most students had thought he would have.

'You are all here with the same goal in mind. To become huntsmen and huntresses, dedicating your lives for the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted enthusiasm. Some of you may not even make it past the initiations. Becoming just another one of the recorded casualties... Death while attending is likely to happen, unless you put your own skills and means of survival to the test. You have made it far enough to pass entrance exams, but it is up to you to make it to graduation.'

Sunil and Livius, Sunil especially, had left that "welcome" speech with a new perspective about the Academy. Sunil hadn't been all that excited since hearing that she could likely die while attending the school. Bora knew exactly what she was getting into by the warnings from their parents, but she didn't think the staff would let their students die if they didn't straighten up right away! The trio had spoken to others in the Ball Room, or rather Livius and Sunil introducing themselves and Bora, to their perspective classmates. Sunil tried to get to know as many people as possible, being friendly to all of them. Maybe if they see her during initiations they'll help her out if she needs it? And Livius too if he needs it? Maybe not Bora... But they would need as much help as they could get!

Now, all the first year students stood side by side, each on a platform with the Beacon logo on it. Bora appeared calm as ever, casually eating a few snacks from the purple bags she always had on her. Sunil was a little nervous, but literally waving her hands to "shake it off". Livius stood leaning on his hammer, listening to the headmaster as he spoke again. His tone of voice was about the same as the welcoming speech, maybe a little lighter.

"Today you will be evaluated on your abilities. I'm sure you have all heard rumors about teams, and allow me to clear it up. Your teammates will be selected, today. They will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so it will be best if you are paired with someone you can work with. With that being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will become your partner for the next 4 years. After you have partnered up, make your way to the North end of the forest. There you will find an abandoned temple with several relics. Pick one, and bring it back to this very cliff. You will guard that item, as well as yourself and teammate. You will run into opposition on the way, so do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path or you will die. Now, any questions?"

Mardi to his credit was currently not bouncing up and down and shouting like a school girl, but many close to him could see him grin from ear to ear after the headmaster had finished his little speech. He was just one of those types who were easily excited by the thought and prospect of being hurled into overwhelming odds and possibly being killed along the way...no wonder his uncle said that this was the best suited lifestyle for daredevils like himself. He managed to calm his quite full grin to a lesser smirk, but the fires of determination and excitement were plain to see for any that looked him in the eyes. He saw many of the first years like himself start to gather upon a spot that held the beacon symbol directly underneath it, and got up to follow after them as he braced for whatever lied ahead.

He stood beside some other students he didn't really know as he hadn't spoke to many since coming to the school, but could overhear their conversations of who they hoped to be partnered with after the the dean gave another brief speech...and he could swear he felt alot of eyes turn towards him. He grasped the details as they came and boiled it down to just being a simple fetch quest, but with some added adversity within these woods that no doubt had to be native creatures of these lands. "Well I can handle the fetching part easily enough, and protecting whoever my partner is should also be fun as there is nothing quite like death to bring two souls together. Well Mardi your just one step away from the big leagues, so lets get out there and finish the race even if ya come in dead last." Slapping his face lightly to shake himself out of his trance he waited for the event to begin, as he felt his semblance slowly begin to build-up in the back of his mind

Dahlia paced nervously on her pad, idly twirling her axes. The headmaster's speech had unnerved her slightly, and conjured up images long repressed of roars and screams and fear. Dark shapes ran across her vision in the twilight. The shouts and screams of fighting and dying. The running. The hiding. Dahlia shook her head sharply. No. She was a child back then, and it was not going to happen to her. She'd trained and worked and fought in order to get this far. She'd faced danger, long ago. Now she had to learn to put the two together, or it was pointless her staying here. She had sworn that day that anybody she could get to would remember what followed - the arrival, the finesse, the salvation...the no no no leave it ALONE!

Dahlia wrenched herself off her train of thought and focused. She'd heard stories of this task - apparently it was traditional at Beacon. Find a friend, find a relic, don't get eaten by Grimm. Dahlia ran a finger along the edge of Tooth, satisfied with how well it was honed. The sides of the handles popped out, revealing the magazines that were loaded and ready to fire. Snapping them back into place, Dahlia forced a smile. Step 3 looked pretty sorted.

Amber White
@Blitzfang43 @RJS @Ramboing @Jessica2477 @The_J @Iroh @Winter @CrossJustX @Others?

Whew... What an introduction, first, Amber found herself assembled with many other students, listening to the opening speech; despite her battle-experience from shadowing an huntsman in her life, she was still but a beginner... Having yet to master her skills as a huntress, and her usage of her semblance... She might be able to kick in the ego's of a few naiive newbies, not too different from herself (aside of not shadowing a huntsman), but, well, she was uncertain how she'd perform now that she was standing upon one of many platforms, waiting for her "initiation" into beacon, listening to what the headmaster had to say very carefully... Looks like they were literally going to be launched right into danger, and are tasked to 1) make partners with the first one she'd make eye contact with (maybe she'd be better off closing her eyes when she landed... 2) Once partnered up, make their way north and retrieve one of several artifacts, 3) guard the item on their way and 4) destroy everything in their path... Which, she presumed didn't include other hunters/huntresses in training... With that in mind, she poised herself on the platform, prepared for anything that happens next... Her hands gripping "Sting" carefully, as she looked towards the horizon, waiting for the moment her initiation would begin... With any luck, her partner wouldn't be too much trouble...​

After the brief conversation with the fanus girl, the day seemed to go by really quickly for Jay. First he heard the speech from the headmaster and then was quickly escorted to his office by the janitor lady. There, Jay explained his side of the story to the headmaster. The headmaster, to Jay's surprise, praised him for rushing to the protection of another student, but warned him to try to stay out of trouble. From there, Jay went to the main hall and went to sleep with the other students. Before calling it a night, he tried looking for the fanus girl from earlier but to no luck. After an hour of futile searching, Jay went to sleep, hoping that the boomerang kid and his friends weren't going to come after him that night.

The next day he found himself in front of a forest standing on a platform next to some other students. Unlike most of the other students, Jay was relatively calm. He turned to see the Ice Girl eating a snack. Near her was the fanus girl from yesterday. I need to talk to her and apologize after this. Holy crap. I didn't even get her name. I'm such an idiot.....

Facing the students was the headmaster who gave all the students their objectives and the partner situation. Jay let himself zone out for a bit while he spoke. Jay knew from his mom's stories what he faced ahead: a nice flight off a catapult, a few Grimm here and there, a new partner, and four years at Beacon. Well this should be interesting. Wonder who my partner will be... Hopefully not Mr Flirt. He caused me enough trouble. Ice girl is pretty... Cold. Jay silently snickered at his own pun. It would be pretty awkward being around that fanus girl. That leaves.. who. Oh yeah the rest of the school.....

"Now, any questions?" Jay snapped back to reality focusing on the headmaster. A grin appeared on Jay's face accompanied by an unusual wave of cockiness. I got this. I'm so ready for this....

Venedrict was fidgeting as he waited for the headmaster to speak, excited and almost unable to wait for everything to begin.
When the speech began, he sat bolt upright, listening intently, unwilling to miss a single word said. It was somewhat more... blunt than he had expected, many men at the headmaster's level would be much more reserved in how they speak, but he liked the honesty here. He felt like he could trust him, he had that sort of avuncular tone to his voice like a friendly uncle.
That of course led him to think back to his family in Mistral. He missed them, of course, but he was too fixated on Beacon and his anticipation to spare them much thought at the moment. He knew his little sister would love it here, and she'd probably come and join the academy some day too, though he'd be well into the huntsman profession by then. He'd have liked to see her progress from nearby, but he didn't have much of a choice.
His thoughts snapped back to the present when the speech came to a close, and everyone was to leave. Right on cue, he walked off in the direction of the Headmaster's office as directed by a guide standing by the door to the hall. He and Jay got off lightly - they were thanked for stopping the scuffle, and told that nothing would come of it for them. The guy that got attacked, though, seemed to be in a bit more trouble, but he didn't get to see his punishment or lack thereof before being sent away to their first trial. He probably would get off with just a warning. Hopefully so, as as far as Ven had seen, it wasn't even him who started the fight.

Eventually, Ven made his way to his pad by the forest, his feet placed upon the beacon logo. The headmaster's talk was as he expected, as he like many others had heard of this test. He grinned as he heard of their impending test, it sounded like fun. Once the headmaster was finished, he was raring to go, standing ready on his pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.