RWBY: The OC Story IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pdmknyv.png

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"

As the young huntress finished arranging her things she looked over towards the bustling crowd, noticing more than a few of them had already began to demonstrate their abilities which caused her to shake her head a little. 'Undisciplined behavior' she thought to herself, catching herself for a moment in silent wonder on whether that thought was based upon a learned behavior from learning at Atlas. She exhaled softly before picking herself up from the floor, thinking that perhaps it might be better if she relaxed more. After all this certainly wasn't Atlas and would be filled with all kinds of people from many different varying backgrounds, some less disciplined than others, though no less prestigious. 'I guess I should start making my way... ' her thoughts once again intruded upon her mind, reminding her that joining the back of the crowd meant not being able to see over the larger taller students.

Reaching down she picked her instrument from the floor, wrapping the rouge ribbon around her arm once more which allowed the instrument to sit horizontally behind her waist and beside her bag. All things considered she was rather looking forwards to being settled into a dormitory, being a person whom enjoyed her own space where she could relax and study. She couldn't say she wasn't nervous about the people she'd be sharing it with, but then it wasn't something she should worry about until the time comes. After all there would be little she could do about it and from what she'd learned from research teams were usually decided with a practical test that determined whether one could meet the criteria necessary to study here. Certainly an interesting way to conduct an entry examination but not unheard of as other academies had similar tests.

Magnolia would begin to push her way into the crowd, quite quickly becoming lost among the taller students which made navigation a bit of an issue. The best she could do was follow the flow of the crowd for now until she could find an opening to slip between. "Ooof!" she exhaled sharply as the bag of a larger student nearly knocked her into someone else, giving a huff before straightening herself up. She was about to continue when someone stood on her foot, "YEEEOOOWW!-" she caught herself by biting down on her hand but not before her voice had almost destroyed the hearing of those closest to her, her aural ability of sound having hiccuped with the sudden pain through her foot which in tern caused the pitch of her yell to raise beyond what you'd reasonably expect. The closest to her had clasped hands over their ears to fend against the sound which brought a slight redness to her cheeks from embarrassment, almost enough for her to not feel the throbbing sensation in her toes.

@Blitzfang43
August nodded & smiled a bit when he got confirmation he was right, but then that only led him to realize something much further. By feeling the driving need to make sure he was correct about the big guy, August had fallen into a trap. Now he was part of a conversation & polite social convention dictated he follow through, no escape. As far as he could remember, he hadn't spoken to him before, just seen him across the classroom on a few days.

Curses, what was his name??? Something with an M..... Micky...Mark....Mitchill....Martin....His majesty Maximilian III, no thats not it... wait.... I remember!.
"Er, good to see you too Marty, glad to see I'm not the only one from Signal here" Even if there were more people from signal here would I remember them? Maybe I shouldn't have ended up skipping classes after all, not every is that bad. I think.... August sighed & crossed his arms, he looked up at Marty's sign, "So hows it going?... Feels different here doesn't it?"

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all year~" Chance winked at his crowd as his brief routine came to a close. After all, the airship had finally arrived at Beacon Academy. The magician was quick to stow away Twisted Fate back into its deck box and then into his pants pocket. It was time to see the place he would be staying for the next four years.

Even with Destiny, laying eyes on the academy threatened to take Chance's breath away. It was beyond beautiful, to say the very least. Never minding the throng of people, the young seer was simply content to ignore them and take in the sights. That was, until a rather shrill shriek threatened to break his ear canals. He covered his ears reflexively, but then smiled and rolled his eyes at the source of the commotion. It was a girl, and an attractive one at that. He automatically felt himself semi-involuntarily approaching the young woman.

"You okay?" Chance asked simply, with an inquisitive but concerned look on his face. "You made quite the... unique sound when that bag landed on your foot~"

The Winterval siblings, except Bora, were visibly impressed by the unique powers of each of the students they saw. The oldest sister had kept in mind what she saw as the lines kept moving. A girl who could teleport, a kid with vines, a half animal girl, a very large monster for a student, and someone causing a commotion from what she could hear. She could also see the girl with what appeared to be an endless supply of lollipops, Violet was her name, giving them out to everyone. These students were going to be her comrades and possible teammates, she may as well study them a little beforehand.

Sunil had been the one to break her out of her analysis. Students were moving around Bora into the academy for the main hall. The younger siblings saw this, and knew their sister would want to linger her eyes a little while she walked. It was what she was taught to do after all.

"Weeelllpppp!" Sunil drawled out loudly and, just as loudly, slapped Bora on the back which broke her out of her focus. "We'd love to stand around, but we've got a place to get to! Right Livius?"

Just like that, and without giving him a chance to answer, Sunil threw Livius over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He gave a sound of protest, obviously not comfortable with this new position but Sunil wasn't listening to him. She wouldn't admit it, but she wanted to hurry up and go; Livius was heavy and she was small." We'll catch you in the... main hall I think someone said. I'll save you a spot!"

With a giggle, Sunil started running forward and not two seconds later became a blur. Bora had no doubt that Sunil was using the walls to run above the other students to get to where they needed. The older sister continued to walk her pace, keeping an observant eye on the other students while being discreet about it. More specifically a certain bundle of them. Perhaps she could see more what they had to offer...

@The_J
Violet let go of vens neck as she dropped to the ground.
"Wow thanks for the ride awesome ability but my name is Violet and nice to meet you" she replied
She gave him some more candy
"So I'm gonna go now but hopefully your part of a great team" she said waving to him.

@Jessica2477

Oshea got up from sitting down by the fountain and began walking but he noticed Bora standing around and Sunil carrying someone away.

Oshea heard the commotion of students racing and some were revealing their semblance abilities and thought to himself who would be stupid enough to show their power in front of possible future rivals and there was Violet teleporting on her light panels which made Oshea sigh as he had got up and that's when he noticed Bora.

He walked up to her "Hi Bora I just wanna apologize for earlier and my cousin as well" he said.

He had his hands in his pockets and for some reason felt weird around her.
"Do you know where we go from here cuz I heard everyone has to go by the forest and meet the headmaster Ozpin but is that before or after we go to our dorms?" He asked

@Iroh

Her attention turned to Oshea, who approached her and took her out of her focus. Bora didn't have Sunil or Livius by her side, so she had to try to talk to people. Alone. Without the aide of a sibling to keep the conversation going or keep her in check.

"Hmm..." She hummed a little, chewing on her snack then swallowed. "I believe we go to the Main Hall first... "Fake it til we make it" as Livius said."

Bora hoped that information was right. She hated misinforming other people, but this time she was almost as clueless as Oshea. Regardless, she was moving with the rest of the crowd while walking just fast enough for the other to keep up. By the looks of it, they indeed needed to head to the Main Hall for the headmaster to give his introduction speech. So they were heading the right way.

After that, the students were going to the ballroom so that they could get some rest and begin the initiation tomorrow. Today was just going to be a slow day for first year students.

"Hah! Its good to see you too bud glad to aee your doing well enough at the very least." Mardi always did have a gentle giant feeling about him which helped many be able to simply relax in his presence. He did catch something odd when he heard his name come from August's mouth, but decided to correct him on it later as he really preferred to just keep their convo going. "To be honest i'm really excited and nervous for this school year to start. I mean all these guys are showing cool semblances already as is so I predict its gonna be one hell of a ride." Just talking about it was getting his mental gears turning, and excitement was far from the definition to describe what he was feeling.

Just then the woman who put him to work before handing him 5 Lin for helping out, as she took the sign back. "Welp guess I just got unemployed. Wanna walk and talk?" He suggested pointing towards the main building where the opening ceremony should be starting hopefully soon.

Rias walked off the branches and looked around and found Mardi with someone she recognized from signal, couldn't remember his name. She walked over to the two and decided to make conversation. "Hey Mardi, you ready from the ceremony." She turned her attention to the other guy. "I recognize you from signal but can't remember your name. My name's rias by the way."

"YEEEOOOWW!"

The great sound came right in behind Jay, forcing him to cover his ears.
Oh great. Now we have a banshee. Next thing you know we'll have-

Jay quickly stopped himself, looking around and preparing himself for the next oddity to appear.

"Excuse me," a voice called from in front. Jay turned to see a woman sitting behind the desk. "Excuse me," she called again, "Can I have you name please?"

"OH! Sorry. Ciel, Jay," he promptly answered.

The woman handed over a few things and replied, "Ok then. Here's your things. You do know where to go now. Right?"

Jay stared blankly at the woman, prompting her to continue, "Well now at this point you go to the main hall. The one over there."

He thanked the woman and hurried in the direction she pointed to. But as he was walking he noticed someone familiar. "Hey Mr Flirt- I mean Creed!" He waved in the direction of guy from the airship. Once again, not to Jay's surprise, Mr Flirt was at it again, with another girl.

Well I guess some habits are hard to break.

@Iroh

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ramboing
@Jessica2477

"Hey you're that Classic swordsmen Jay...this is nice so your on your way to the main hall to" he said to him

He looked over to Bora "Thanks for the information I'm gonna be on my way" he said smiling

He turned to Jay... "Oh Bora is one of the top swords-women from our old combat school y'all have that in common" he said walking off.

As he was headed for the main hall leaving Bora and Jay behind because she seemed hesitant to speak but he learned how to be sociable but keep to yourself........ Put a smile on is all.

About 10 minutes later he made it to the main hall and saw Violet in the middle of the crowd waiting and watching out for Ozpin..
He stayed out of sight from her as he also waited.

@Jessica2477

Did he just leave me with her? What is he trying to say, that I'm socially awkward or something?

As soon Creed walked away, Jay turned to the girl that Creed was talking to and attempted to start a conversation. "Bora, it think he said? Well the name's Jay," he opened, putting his hand out to shake.

What do I say now?

"So you're a swordsman too, huh? What do you have? If you were wondering what I have, as Creed mentioned, I'm more of a classic guy." Jay continued, pulling out his sword and revealing it to the girl.

@Ramboing

Bora was once again abandoned, this time with another person whom she hadn't met before. She looked at him blankly after Oshea left, unsure of how to start the conversation with this guy. Luckily, this new person spoke first, and even showed his weapon to her. It was an act of kindness, though it would also aide her knowledge if she ever had to fight him.

That is.. until she actually saw the weapon itself.

When he said "Classic" did he mean "Medieval"? Bora couldn't see anything remarkable about the weapon besides the beautiful craftsmanship. It couldn't really be just a sword, right? She was born into a line of hunters and huntresses, and each weapon had a secondary function. A hunter with only just a sword had to be borderline suicidal or a master in combat.

"Ah, yes, my blade." She said and got her weapon out, pressing a button to reveal the blade. However, she wasn't going to reveal the secondary function to him. That would be a surprise to him and potential rivals.

Coming off of the sword itself was the cool mist, giving Jay an idea that the blade itself would be cold to the touch. "This is my weapon... Jay, was it?" She asked, wanting to confirm his name.

@Blitzfang43
"Hm, yea its a bit unsightly, like they haven't gotten the whole 'don't use them as toys' lecture." August thought to himself for a moment, still a bit apprehensive but at least feeling better it wasn't going too awkwardly. "What kind of ride are you thinking of? We're here to become hunters foremost of all, getting a bit old to mess around like kids anymore."

August looked at the woman as he figured out what the deal with the sign was, half-curious as to why Marty was auxiliaried in the first place. He pondered for a moment when he asked if August wanted to hang out for now. He never really spoke to him at Signal, should that really be changing now? August remembered, he wanted things to be a bit different when he came to Beacon, maybe not different like this but Marty seemed like a decent enough guy, whether they ended up on the same team or not, it wouldn't hurt

"Yea, sure, don't have anywhere I need to be really." With that, he looked back at the rest of the students, hoping this place would at least have some calm & quiet later on. As Mardi & August began moving, he spoke up "So.... how have things been since Signal?".

Oshea was relaxing in the back somewhat bored until he noticed another male student looking his way... and he tried to adjust his jacket but he could feel eyes on the side of his face and he was getting annoyed.
The student walked over to him... "no... it can't be you.. I know who you are, I remember you from shade academy" he said.
Oshea acted like he didn't hear him... but he respond... "No sorry friend never been to Shade just here you must have me confused with someone" he says

"No I know your face play stupid if you want to but you don't remember me, I'm Spiral... and I remember rumors of a student taking something precious to the school... and damn if you don't seem familiar like your him" he said
Oshea stood up ready to leave the main hall.... "Ok buddy my name is Oshea Creed I really think you have the wrong guy... I guess when Ozpin gets here I'll come back" he says walking out of the main hall....

By now most of the students were in the main hall so outside was pretty empty... Damn well this was to be expected just keep up the smile he thought to himself going outside to get a breather.

mage__lee_go_by_riingo-d5ca1fb.png

After about a minute Oshea paused and ducked as a large boomerang whizzed over his head....
as he looked back he saw Spiral.... "I know your him; and i'm gonna prove it" he says as the boomerang returned to his hand ... Oshea took a defensive stance as Spiral charged at him and launched the boomerang at him again this time with greater speed and intensity.
Damn the first attack was to get my attention.. he held back he thought as he jumped into the attack to take it and take away his weapon. The boomerang hit him hard in the mid section... and he tried to grip it to remove the weapon from Spiral but it sparked and then electrocuted Oshea as he fell to the ground and the boomerang returned to spiral.

"I can use dust with my boomerang, yellow electricity is my favorite just be happy I have the blunt side active" he said getting closer.... "I'll give you time to use your weapon..."

Oshea looked up at him... "Nah wouldn't waste it on you" he says getting to his feet and Spiral begins attacking with his boomerang as if it was a sword but Oshea was dodging each strike... "Your good at running away" he says angering Oshea.
When Spiral went for a wide horizontal strike from left to right aimed at Oshea's mid section Oshea jumped and used the boomerang to aid his footing and kicked Spiral in the face causing Spiral to dash back. Oshea had created some space.... but Spiral was still on his feet Oshea held back too much from the kick.

"So you refuse to go all out... well guess I gotta force you" he says as Oshea saw a blue aura coming off Spiral

"Don't tell me he's using his semblance damn i'm screwed ... unless... no I can't it would just out me" he thought

Spiral threw the boomerang with increased strength and speed the wind alone caused Oshea to be pushed back as he dodged but Spiral was right in front of him and punched him in the stomach but Oshea blocked that strike and dodged the other strikes aimed from his head but something was up .... the boomerang came back around and Oshea dodged again but caught a kick to the face sendin him backwards and he hit the ground but he quickly recovered.... trying to create more space.... "THAT WON'T WORK" Spiral said throwing the boomerang again and with greater force... even though Oshea dodged the wind backlash had him frozen Spiral came in with and elbow which Oshea managed to block but the force alone sent him flying backwards and to the ground again as the boomerang returned to Spiral.

"Do you get it now my semblance makes me and my weapon more dangerous its called wind up the more times I wind up and throw my weapon the more strength, speed, and power I gain gradually... so you might as well confess now" he says winding up and throwing the boomerang a third time​

@Ramboing
@Jessica2477

(Someone help or both ... idk I don't want Oshea to die)

@Jessica2477

Upon seeing the sword and feeling its presence, Jay wittily commented. "Sweet. I guess that sword's pretty... Cool. Huh. Huh. Anyways you probably have heard that one a lot. Puns aside, I can tell by your face that my swords pretty shocking to see around here."

He put his sword back in its sheath and continued, "Yeah I got that a lot. It was my mom's old sword when she was huntress. Just wanted to honor her in some way especially after she-..." He turned away and paused for a second as if he was being reminded of something. "Well putting old memories asid- Wait, is that Creed."

He tapped on Bora's shoulder and pointed in the direction of a running Creed. "What is he doi- HOLY CRAP IS THAT A BOOMERANG!"

What the hell as he gotten himself into now. Better go see and probably fix the situation.

Once again he turned back to Bora. "I'm sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to fix a situation."

Jay dashed away and pulled out his sword preparing for fight. "OI CREED WHAT DID YOU DO NOW!"

Welcome to Beacon.... crap..

@Iroh

@Ramboing

Creed looked up to see Jay... saying "Oi Creed what did you do now"
"Me i'm the one on the ground and its my fault" he replies

Spiral looked at Jay... "Look kid this is between me and him so don't interfere and you wont get hurt" he says as he charges at Creed with the boomerang in hand....

Creed backflips causing the boomerang to leave a mall crater in the ground.... as he got to his feet Spiral hit him with the broad side of the boomerang with his strength increased 3x Oshea was launched into the air.

Spiral added red dust to the boomerang setting it on fire... and eyed Oshea as he was coming down and threw the burning boomerang at him... with great force and speed as this was the 4x he threw it.

Ven reacted with surprise to Dahlia jumping from above in front of him. Stumbling back, he only just avoided falling on his rear, and regaining his balance, he gave Dahlia a funny look.
"Hah, you nearly landed on my head! Where'd you even..." Ven looked skywards as he said this, only just noticing the tree above him, continuing "Oh. Right. Guess you didn't get a programme? Ah well, we can share!"
That said, Ven delved back into his bag to retrieve the now-somewhat crumpled programme, looking over it quickly.
"Look's like we've got to go to the main hall. Which is... that... way..." His finger was now in the air to point the way, however it changed direction as he looked at the small map further and further, until settling on what was probably the most obvious direction, being that someone was literally holding a sign to point them there.
"Yeah that looks like it! Shall we-"
Ven was interrupted suddenly when a small bang was heard. He could see two people from the airship, one of them with a sword and the other with an enormous boomerang. Boomerang guy was winning, and from what they were shouting it seemed that he was also the aggressor.
Ven was never one to let things happen, so after a few milliseconds' worth of consideration, he dashed over. While the boomerang was still in the air, he unsheathed his hook swords and reached to grab the edges of the boomerang. His grip secured, he used it weight to stop it and slammed it down to the ground, growing small vines from the ground to hold it fast in its place. There were enough of them to smother the fire so they stayed on, if only a bit weakened by the flames.
Sheathing his swords, he turned around to face the formerly combatant two.
"Jeez guys, what the hell is your problem?"

@The_J
@Ramboing

Spiral saw someone interrupt with his attack and the boomerangs flames overcame the plants and burned through it but it messed up the trajectory enough to miss and it returned to Spiral.. "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM... WHY ARE YOU INTERFERING WITH MY FIGHT" he screamed at Ven....

Oshea was coming back down from up high but tucked his legs in and rolled and landed on his feet and dusted himself off
"THAT .... was an annoyance" he says cracking his neck as he looked around and saw Ven and Jay and in the distance he noticed Bora and Dahlia... "Awww now the ladies probably think I'm some kind of weakling..." he said.

Spiral looked at the three... "This ain't over.. Oshea... but you two just made it worse for yourselves... I got friends that come here so watch your back pretty boy and hook-hands it won't be me settling this score" he said collapsing the boomerang and placed it on his back and releasing his active semblance

"I'm Spiral Montgomery just so you guys know who to look out for..." he says walking off he wasn't interesting in a three on one attack.

Oshea looked at Ven and Jay... "Look I thank you guys I would have been in trouble but next time don't get involved now he's after you guys to" he says listening carefully he didn't hear a loud commotion coming from the main hall ... maybe the headmaster was present now. Oshea decided to head back to the main hall

Last edited by a moderator:
Dahlia sighed. As the fight died down, the boomerang guy started mouthing off. Aww. A couple kicks and he was gonna run to his friends? Guess the size of the boomerang made up for something else, right? The thought made her snigger loud enough for it to be audible to the retreating Spiral. She hoped he heard it clearly enough. As Oshea talked, Dahlia decided to butt in. "Heh, don't sweat it Ven. I've got your back. After all, why should you be the only one who gets a gang of bullies tryin' to pick on them? Gotta get the complete upper school experience, ya know."

As Dahlia continued, her eyes started to light up as she expanded on her ideas. "So. Here's the plan. We let his friends come at us. We find out where they sleep. And we use a combination of hit-and-run tactics, room infiltrations and various embarrassing items to make their lives a misery until they give up. Ven, you need a plant that makes something reeeeaally itchy. Ooh, see if you can grow one that smells really nasty as well! And, and-" Dahlia paused and caught her breath, aware of the bewildered looks she was getting from people around her. Jeez. You'd have thought these people would have a sense of humour. Plotting a series of madcap pranks? Petty revenge on bitter boomerang boys? Accidentally alliterating any aims? Maaaaan.

"Alright. Fine. Let's just go to this induction assembly thing. I swear, any funny business happens though, you know where to find me."

Status
Not open for further replies.