RWBY: The OC story (Closed for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote the CS fairly quickly in order to secure a spot, so I ended up accidentally leaving out a lot of details. I apologize in that regard. I shall elaborate further:

• Chance cannot keep his semblance active at all times, as is the case with the vast majority of people, meaning it isn't likely he'll have the time or energy to predict every single move from every combatant in a fight.
  • He cannot see into the future and observe what is going on around him in the present at the same time- his brain simply can't keep up with both. In plain english, using his semblance makes him vulnerable, and opponents can punish this if they know what to look for.
  • Another thing is that knowing exactly what your opponent is about to do doesn't necessarily mean you're strong enough or fast enough to stop him from doing it. A few seconds' notice is hardly enough time to come up with a plan to dodge incoming machine gun bullets in an open field, for instance.
  • He can't do tarot readings in battle. It's a drawn out ritual that leaves him too exposed and drained of Aura. Even so, they're more like vague and cryptic prophecies rather than a straightforward prediction.
  • The further he tries to see into the future, the less accurate it becomes. His semblance accuracy also decreases exponentially as his Aura levels decrease.
  • Extended use of Destiny in combat puts a tremendous strain on Chance's mind and Aura. It typically leads to nosebleeds and blacking out, but in severe cases can potentially result in seizures and brain hemorrhages.
That's a few things I forgot to mention the first time around and/or tried to clarify on. If anyting else needs adjusting, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Reactions: Xytheus
I wrote the CS fairly quickly in order to secure a spot, so I ended up accidentally leaving out a lot of details. I apologize in that regard. I shall elaborate further:

• Chance cannot keep his semblance active at all times, as is the case with the vast majority of people, meaning it isn't likely he'll have the time or energy to predict every single move from every combatant in a fight.
  • He cannot see into the future and observe what is going on around him in the present at the same time- his brain simply can't keep up with both. In plain english, using his semblance makes him vulnerable, and opponents can punish this if they know what to look for.
  • Another thing is that knowing exactly what your opponent is about to do doesn't necessarily mean you're strong enough or fast enough to stop him from doing it. A few seconds' notice is hardly enough time to come up with a plan to dodge incoming machine gun bullets in an open field, for instance.
  • He can't do tarot readings in battle. It's a drawn out ritual that leaves him too exposed and drained of Aura. Even so, they're more like vague and cryptic prophecies rather than a straightforward prediction.
  • The further he tries to see into the future, the less accurate it becomes. His semblance accuracy also decreases exponentially as his Aura levels decrease.
  • Extended use of Destiny in combat puts a tremendous strain on Chance's mind and Aura. It typically leads to nosebleeds and blacking out, but in severe cases can potentially result in seizures and brain hemorrhages.
That's a few things I forgot to mention the first time around and/or tried to clarify on. If anyting else needs adjusting, please don't hesitate to let me know.
No problem!

Glad you explained this further, cause this sounds a lot better than what I read on the Character Sheet. Plus that open window of vulnerability allows for the opponent a chance to attack.

I'll accept this now that this is cleared up, but one more question; Does 'Chance' relate to a color of some kind? I gotta look around to make sure the names relate to a color.

Ummm... thinking up a good char that uses dust into their weapon, like Weiss does, my girl char is going to be a girly-girl spunk, her weapon I have been playing around with an Umbrella (since it can be coated with dust and depending on how she twirls it... different effects will happen, not taught out all the way, which is why this probably doesn't make sense xD), or Lipstick, but it would mean she would have to kiss or be in close contact with her opponent for the dust to make contact. Trying to think up a more effective and creative weapon that utilizes dust, should have her up tomorrow, since i have everything else planned out except weapon. Her semblance is going to be Telekinesis (which would make her weapon Lipstick more effective, since she could just move it around or something. Bleh, lol, need a cooler dust weapon.

-Appearance-
munakata_reisi-1455708.jpg
Name: Jay Ciel
Race: Human
Color: Blue

Combat School?:

Weapon: "Vol Celeste" An ordinary yet ornate backsword that was given to him by his mother. Unlike most weapons, it has no secondary function or gun mode or anything fancy. It's just a sword.
Semblance: "Blink" Jay has the ability to teleport himself to locations where he can see. He can only do many short "hops" before he tires out. He can carry others with him, but this tires him more. Jay mostly uses his semblance to get close to an opponent or confuse.

Personality: Respect. Loyalty. These are the two principles Jay grew up with. No matter the person, no matter the background, anyone can find a friend or companion in Jay. He is amiable and friendly and always keeps the trusts of others. Jay is sometimes more protective of others than he is himself, often risking his life and/or reputation on behalf of others. He holds few grudges and doesn't normally hate anyone. If he holds a grudge against you, you must have done something really, really bad to piss him off….

Extra information/Facts about your character:
Jay grew up with a well off family as his father was a prominent lawyer in Vale and his mother was a Huntress. He was on a path to become a lawyer much like his father, but when his mother died at 16 he took up her sword (literally) and began a path as a Hunter much to the opposition from his father.

Sorry for the delay.... Hope this is good.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Will make a character over the weekend. perhaps tomorrow.

Aww yiss. Count me in - will try and have a char in the next couple of days.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well I just got into rwby I gotta look into it some more today can I join when I'm done

Well I just got into rwby I gotta look into it some more today can I join when I'm done

Sure~ You can join now if you want. All I need is that you have an idea of what's happening

Aurum is Latin for gold. That's the color thing.

In other news, this is shaping up rather quickly. Makes me anxious to get started.

Aurum is Latin for gold. That's the color thing.

In other news, this is shaping up rather quickly. Makes me anxious to get started.

Ah, okay, got it.

I'm anxious to start too, but there are people that gotta get their sheets up~

Is there a set deadline for sheets/starting up?

Is there a set deadline for sheets/starting up?

Hmm, no.

I could start the IC with everyone on the airship to give those still making their sheets a chance to join... Hmmmm

Appearance-
roman-reigns.jpg

Mardi stands at a good 6'5 taking pride in his height as its one of the few things he can lord over his brother. He bears a tattoo on his left arm to show as of blood pact between his brother, Helio, and himself which they got on their 16th birthday to show just how deep kinship runs. His form leans more on the muscular and built compared towards his brother's agile and lean build as he was always referred to as the "meat shield".

Name: Mardi I. Blackwell
Race: Human
Color: Black

Combat School: Signal Academy

Weapon:
(Justice and Pride- Painted Red and Black)
GLADIATOR-GLOVES.jpg

While his gauntlets may look ordinary they are actually more effective since their secrets lie within. Thanks to that experiment his brother preformed while testing a theory with dust he was able to enchant them with something akin to a strength booster. How does this all work? Who knows, but its seems to be linked to Mardi's emotions as when tensions have ran high he's been able to lift at least double what he normally could alone. But for right now its still just a mystery to him as he seeks to find out the hidden factor placed within his weapons.

Semblance:
Rage Meter: As a battle rages on while others would grow weaker, Mardi gains more power leading drawn out battles with him to end poorly for his opponent. His aura which he never really had full control over always came out when tensions ran high, but at the price of him losing his mind to the rage until he was either knocked out, no other hostile targets were in sight, or his body finally gave in to the fatigue which was still felt regardless of the power boost. As of right now Mardi has partial-control of it being able to activate the full power at will, but the power still tires him out at a more increased rate than normal limiting him to only 15 minutes before he becomes to fatigued to continue with it.

Personality: Cocky, Brash, and in your face are what describe Mardi the most when it comes to a fight and life in general. He's modest enough not to trash talk everything he sees, but keeps a healthy dose of arrogance in his own abilities. That's not to say he's a prick as he'll be seen helping out others more often than naught, and serving as a "shield" to protect his teammates if the need arises. He's more wise than his appearance leads people to assume as he's always kept pace with his brothers rather sizable intellect just fine for all these years.
-He can lift 500lbs
-He got his nickname from his friends due towards his fighting style which is mix of wrestling and brawling.
-His current win streak against Helio is currently 0-99
-Has the habit of naming everything he owns

History:
Mardi Ignacious Blackwell, or M.I.B as he prefers to call himself, grew up within a small little household within his homeland of Mistral. From birth Mardi always had a "fighter's flare" as his father always called it since he would constantly pick fights with the other local children to prove his might. His main rival for much of his childhood was always his brother who constanly riled him up on purpose to prove how much better he was than him, but most of the time their fights would always end in draws. It was a good life which had everything he could have hoped for, but it was all taken away from him with the untimley death of both his parents which forced both himself and his brother to be transported towards the Vale at the young ages of 5. Upon arrival they were entrusted into the care of their uncle, Marx Blackwell, who took the boys under his wing out of sympathy towards his late brother. While not a cruel man he certainly was a stern one as he prepared the boys from an early age to join Signal Academy to become Huntsmen like himself. His work with Mardi was a special one as the boy could hardly be called a fighter more so than a wild animal, as he based his strikes one brute strength and instinct.

At age 10, Mardi finally tapped into his aura during one of their sparing sessions after becoming angered due to a combination of his brother teasing him and not getting the lesson. Allowing the pressure to get to him he let go and let his anger take control causing his mind to go blank as he just let loose on both parties involved within the training session. It took him a week to recover from the event as he woke up days later feeling sore...but strangely stronger. For the next 3 years Mardi and his brother, Helio, began to work harder each finding their own reasons to strive forward, with his being the fact that he needed to become strong to overcome the weight of his Sembalance. Finally, upon their 13th birthday Marx decided that they were ready for the Academy and made preparations to send them off that day, but not before granting them with key knowledge of everything they might face and some suggestions on what they should pick as weapons when the time came.

The next few years basically flew by as Mardi and Helio both pushed themselves to their limits during the training programs. When it finally came time he asked his brother to assist in the making of his weapons in the form of enchanting them with dust which turned out better than they both expected as his newly made gauntlets granted him strength even beyond what he was normally capable of. Finally, the time had come for the boys to say goodbye towards the Academy and move on up to the big leagues towards Beacon, and Mardi was excited beyond words as his dream was finally starting...but can he live long enough to see it done.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Would be a good way to start getting invested, getting antsy to get started.

Oh? Hm, let me find a coin and see if I should get set up the IC

iyZeeoL.png

Dahlia Crimson
Female, 22
Faunus (Deer)

Color: Red

Combat School: Beacon Academy, Vale
Weapon: Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw are a pair of single-ended bearded axes, with one wielded in each hand. These can also be reversed to function as pistols, the trigger for which is located in the axe head.

Tooth and Claw also fit together to form a long-handled battleaxe, with the handles joining end to end.

Semblance: The Path Seldom Trodden
Dahlia's semblance allows her to traverse walls and ceilings allowing her to attack from all directions. She can move freely across the surface for a short time, but is unable to remain attached to the surface if she stops moving.

Personality: Dahlia is a stereotypical tomboy, frequently getting herself involved in wild hijinks and crazy schemes. If there's mayhem occurring, chances are that she's somewhere in the middle of it. Easygoing and laidback, she never particularly worries about the consequences of her latest scheme, unless it lands her friends in danger. She's always willing to lend a hand to a friend in need though can be somewhat naive and trusting, allowing others to take advantage of her caring side.

Dahlia is an incorrigible prankster, using her Semblance and athletic ability to extraordinary effect when needed.
Although she appreciates the safety of Vale, she still misses the time spent out in the forests, free from the walls that close the people in.

History: (Optional)
Dahlia was born and spent her early childhood in a Faunus camp outside of the major cities. A lively child, she was always seeking to run before she could walk, tripping over herself, getting herself into all kinds of scrapes and just generally being a nuisance. She somehow managed to get under everyone's feet simultaneously, leaving a trail of chaos on the scale that only a hyperactive child can achieve.

As she grew a little older, the world became a slightly darker place for the happy camp. Grimm were sighted more and more frequently, lurking around the edge of the camp before being driven off. The fear of the Grimm only brought more. Eventually, it was decided that enough was enough. The Faunus packed up and began to move to the safety of Vale, hoping to find safety within the walls. Trailing behind them, the Grimm followed, very slowly closing in on the tired families as the journey dragged on and on. Near the walls of Vale, the Grimm struck, seeking to eliminate the Faunus. Fortunately, a party of Huntsmen had seen their approach and, seeing the dark figures behind them, had already set out to lend a hand. Unfortunately, they were a little later than they could have been.

Several amongst the group lost their lives that day, including Dahlia's father. Dahlia herself lost her left eye to a Beowolf's claws. Yet thanks to the timely intervention of the Huntsmen and Huntresses, many more escaped unscathed. Dahlia quickly recovered from the incident, though she has never spoken of her father since.

Dahlia grew up to be a headstrong youth, maintaining a large part of her childhood energy and combining it with an athletic grace that was frequently lacking in her early years. Though she did encounter some anti-Faunus sentiment, Dahlia saw it as more of an opportunity to acquire a new 'prank buddy' than as a real hindrance. There are only so many minor irritations you can take in a single day before you give up on your chosen target, after all. She enrolled in Signal and worked her way through the years, crafting Tooth and Claw with her own two hands. Now, she prepares herself to join Beacon Academy...​

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
My char will be up in a few hours, so if you wanna start you got my vote for yes^^ after she's accepeted I can just jump in^^

Status
Not open for further replies.