• or Yellow

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stormi

Original poster
Hey so basically as it says, this is a rwby rp, I was thinking, an Au that takes place during the same time and place, the only canon characters being the teachers at beacon. Or one where we already are huntsman. Anyways I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping create this rp, and see if anyone would be interested. So if you are interested let me know down below.

I'm interested.

I'm interested, but before I commit, how often would we be posting?

I'd be interested. I love Rwby ^^. Unfortunately every rwby rp I've joined has died early :( I'll pass on the gming though, not really my thing.

I'm loving the interest, I'm currently working with a friend, to create a plot that I hope you'll all be satisfied with.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mollisol
-expresses interest-

Hello! I am said friend of Sasha that will be co-GM. I was wondering if you guys would like this to be a specifically a school RP or if you would be more interested in having your characters assigned to follow some graduated huntsmen on a mission or perhaps having it take place after the fall of beacon?

Hello! I am said friend of Sasha that will be co-GM. I was wondering if you guys would like this to be a specifically a school RP or if you would be more interested in having your characters assigned to follow some graduated huntsmen on a mission or perhaps having it take place after the fall of beacon?
Hi Zeroisdead,

Glad to see you're co-GMing! A structure I enjoy for RWBY RPs is doing pre-initiation and initiation (maybe a few classes if you and Sasha Bliss think it would go well), and then skipping to missions like the ones in Volume 2. I love RWBY's initiation, but in RWBY-school and other school RPs that I've participated in and GMed, I've noticed that they tend to stagnate if people don't get to the action/overarching plot fairly soon after characters are introduced to one another.

So, to answer your question, a little of the first two. After the Fall might also be cool, but how long after it, and how involved in the story would we be? I'd rather not have our characters directly involved in the main story, because we still don't know everything about Salem's faction or their plans and motives.

Of course, these are only my experiences and opinions, so take it with a grain of salt.

tl;dr I like the initiation part of the school RP, but I'd also like if we got to some more action soon after.

Well, damn. Quincy pretty much wrote out whatever I was going to say and more XD

I wouldn't mind if it was after the fall of Beacon, but I think it'd be better to have characters build some relations prior to it. As Quincy said, the main issue is pacing. As long as things move along at a reasonable pace, it should keep from people losing interest or shutting down. Starting closer from the beginning would also give the actual show time to move along, so maybe if we do want to introduce some canon plot down the road, we'll have more information regarding it.

So yeah, my vote is for the beginning; initiation or pre. Perfect place for characters to be introduced and start building relationships.

I agree with the general consensus.

Okay, I have one more question for you guys, would you prefer it at Beacon or one of the other schools?

Okay, I have one more question for you guys, would you prefer it at Beacon or one of the other schools?

Beacon is fine, considering that we don't know a lot about how Atlas, Haven, or Shade are different, but I'm not at all against "filling in the blanks" on those differences! I am actually partial to Shade, because of the abundance of faunus and wasteland environment. However, I would also enjoy Beacon or Haven.

I'm iffy on Atlas, since their armed forces, government, and Huntsmen academy are apparently one, and playing at a military-based academy doesn't appeal to me. (I'd still play if we were at Atlas, though, because I have a hankering for a RWBY RP.) The other thing I would like to avoid would be playing at Haven/Shade/Atlas, but the details and feel are the same as than Beacon.

tl;dr order of preference: Shade > Beacon/Haven > Atlas

I'll leave this to the preference of others. There are those mini videos where Qrow roughly explains the culture and founding for the various continents and countries, so "filling in the blanks" could work. Beacon I think would be the most balanced in terms of diversity I think though. We also know that the school is renown enough to draw students in from the other countries too, so it might hold the most ease of access. Vacuo's environment is apparently pretty harsh so I don't know if many would go there who aren't already there. And Atlas is so militarized that it only really appeals to... well, Atlas loyalists and capitalist industry. It certainly doesn't appear very appetizing to faunus going by given information :/

All in all, I'm pretty neutral. I have several characters I can use for this with different backgrounds so I'm good with whatever xD

I'm fine with any, but I would prefer Beacon since it would be the easiest to work with since there's more we know of it.

Hope I'm not to late to the party. this looks good.

As of now we have enough players for two teams, if we all make one character, note you're not limited on one character (limit is 2). Also we will be set in Beacon since that it's the easiest to work with.

(All of the following is subject to change if necessary)

In order to avoid the drop of interest and still retain the periods of character initiation/initial reactions, we will be having time skips. Here is how we were thinking of in terms of dividing it up:

Locker room before the relic mission, meeting their partners and getting to the relics, the announcements of the teams/ assigning rooms and stuff, a couple periods of regular school activities, (probably a much larger time skip here compared to the others) missions and major plot events.

For ease of making team names, partners and teams will be determined before the RP starts.

Also, how would you guys feel about using a discord server for more direct communication?

Status
Not open for further replies.