☆RWBY RP: Rescuing Remnant IC☆

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Hazel Grimhilde, #FFCC00"]

H3q1krr.png

She hadn't gotten far when a calm hand laid on her shoulder. Her golden eyes lifted up to eventually meet a magenta pair, looking particularly sympathetic. "Hazel it's ok...We all have moment where people get on our nerves. Some more than others..." The thicker girl gave a heartfelt chuckle at the healer's shot glance of disdain to the big boy in his robo-pants, where Ki must've stayed behind. "But we get past it and move on otherwise it becomes a downfall or weakness inside us. If you wanna know a little secret or something, it's 'men' like that who have put me off men all together."

Hazel laughed along with the girl at that, harder even when she leaned back to shout to their wolfy mascot, "No harm or such intended Ki I assure you. It's just my preference y'know?" She couldn't help barking a laugh at that. This was apparently taken as invitation. The boys hustling to catch-up with the women, and Hazel kept her eyes forward, crossing her arms stubbornly. From what she could tell, the trees were thinning out here, and that was as good a sign as any that they were coming up on the temple shortly.

"So, we all need to keep calm despite what's happened, yeah he was dumb in doing what he did, but blowing up at him around here isn't going to help either, we're in deep right now. Beasts and Grimm no doubt infest these woods, we should tread carefully...and quieter than we have been." Ki pointed out, giving Hazel a reassuring smile and a gentle smile. "I'm stuck with him, so I'm going to make the most of it, and if he does something like that again, it'll be nice to see how heavy duty that armor is." He patted the sword on his back, glancing at Prussian, but as soon as he did his ears went down again, the dust witch picking up on the nervous sensation immediately, looking over her shoulder between them, unsheathing the weapon. His ears were now partially forward, tracking some sound and setting off an alarm inside her, her skin taking on that gentle golden glow once more. "Hey, partner you want to take up point or rearguard positioning, I don't like how the feeling in the air just shifted."

Shit, he's right, Hazel thought, her eyes hunting for ghosts in the dark treeline around them. We've made too much noise.

No sooner had he said the words than something came barreling out of the forest, dust spraying about, not at all unlike Prussian's dynamic entrance. Her teeth ground with defiance; exhibit A that she had not been over-reacting. "Get back!" She screamed, jumping forward toward the oncoming assault with her hand dancing in the air ahead of her already, team at her back. There wasn't enough dust to maintain a disk this time, and certainly not if this thing intended to ram into them like it appeared it did, but the disk appeared in front of her, enough to stall their attacker so that they could retreat to better ground. Punching the wind tunnel in front of her face, it forced out the gust against the creature, throwing debris back into it's face and pushing it off course. "To the temple!"

Bolting for the far side, Hazel set her pace. Despite her length or width, she'd spent the year training her body and could outrun a number of people one wouldn't expect at the look of her. However, when she'd blown over her target, she cleares some of the air around it and got a healthy glimpse of their enemy's hairy backside - it was a grimm. Judging from the spiraling mane of midnight, they'd just attracted the attention of an oversized Boarbatusk.

Ivory pillars sprouted in the distance, discolored with age and overgrown with ivy, shadows moving between them lackadaisically. The temple. Other students must have gotten there first. As much as Hazel didn't want to bring the fight on anyone else, having the strength from their numbers would be a safer bet than trying to go at it alone. Of course, they had to get there first, which it seemed the black boar had different ideas about. Tucked into itself, a disk of coal roared alongside the thick-waisted witch, and she shoved her heels into the dirt, bringing her body to a stop as it cut them off, rolling onto it's four, hoofen legs, another four eyes of red flaring before them, encompassing her vision. Great, it was an old Grimm. It had more experience than the four of them combined, and it apparently wasn't afraid to flaunt that. Shaking the dirt out of its mane, that boney mask settled back into place. Maybe Hazel was giving the animal - or herself - a little too much credit, but it felt like those burning orbs were focused in on her.

"Hi," she giggled nervously with a waggle of her fingers, just in case. The action seemed to antagonize it, lowering it's head so the tusks were on either side of her, prepared to ram the girl flat against it's mask. Her aura blazed abruptly, wafting off of her in waves of yellow flame, and she lowered her head with it, facing him head on just the same as he did her. Hazel was a stubborn bitch and she knew it.

When he started charging? So did she. Only he wasn't the one running up her face. Foot angled out for him as if her kick could affect something so gargantuan, the boarbatusk bucked his head under her, mocking the attempt, but, instead, it aided her in the jump she'd prepared, twisting to the side. The first second of propulsion, she whipped the pencil hard in her hand, its length immediately quadrupling into a razor thin sword in response. Spiraling herself in reflection of the very being dedicated to killing her just now, the witch slipped above it with ease, sprawling out to score its mountainous spine repeatedly as it continued on its path with one hand, and throwing bombs of fire shards with the other. Pressing her feet down at the last moment, the witch danced into a backflip off of its hindquarters and remained airborne. Landing atop an alabaster archway, Hazel watched as the thing curved its path by her team. This time it was not accepting another miss. He lifted his head to one side, and like a heavy pendulum, those goring tusks came surging back down and into the collection of tall students.

"Watch out!" Hazel cried, knowing it wouldn't mean the difference between their survival or deaths. There wasn't a spell she could cast from here without preparation in that time, and she suddenly felt the cold chill of death upon her back. If she had used a different crystal, she could've sprouted vines to bind the thing and keep it from continuing attack rather than focusing on damaging it like she had. She, of all people, knew the boarbatusk had a near-impenetrable hide, the only way to take one down was to attack from beneath, and now it had the chance to take out the young hunters and huntress before they would get the same chance at it, and there was nothing the dust witch could do to stop it. They'd have to get out themselves.

Unable to watch, knowing that if they died it would be her fault, she turned toward the temple, eyes burning with angry, unshed tears. "HELP!!!"

[/fieldbox]

Characters Involved:
@WhiteAngel's Connie Magenta
@NewKingofDrangleic's Yeurquin Concordia
@Angelic Fusion's Prussian Gerhardt

Character's Mentioned:
@Winter's Mangolia Cadenza
@Deuce's Desire Indo
@Sairoh's Niyol Tate
@CasketCase's Tabitha Carabas

ueFlh0J.png
"I
sn't it true that sheep eat bushes?"

- Antoine De Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
tree-divider-dark-grey-hi_zpsfjpxjq0r.png~320x480

After the ringing had dulled and Desire (still Mr. Redhead in Niyol's head) went to approach the Faunus girl, he turned to the other part of the party. "Its fine, Lea," he assured, though his face still appeared somewhat soupy. "We're all still learning to control our powers. That's why we're at Beacon, to learn," he added. His attention shifted to the faunus girl, who had gotten up and now appeared quite disgruntled. As she spoke, he was very much tempted to point out that he hadn't really acted a fool - personally, he would have given his landing a 7 out of 10 for actually managing to catch a tree branch on his initial decent. Though, the teen chose to bite his lip. It didn't seem optimal to aggravate her at the moment. 'Females are absolutely terrifying,' he thought, almost fondly. As she addressed Lea as her partner, Niyol remembered the small bit about partners at first "eyesight". He cocked his head curiously at Desire, with a neutral, yet somewhat suggestive look on his face. 'Technically it was first hairsight, but... I guess it counts.'

1497844_orig_zpsgaerrh8z.png~320x480

The walk to the temple was a mixture of tense and soothing for Niyol. He had caught a trace of Lea's singing, which happened to be very tender somehow (in lieu of her previous... Performance). While normally he would have stopped to compliment it, the teen found it hard to stop her, so he simply listened. On the other side of the story, a little tense knot had begun to spin in his head. Despite how frivolous he appeared at times, Niyol was a little brighter (read: little) brighter in his head. A team, as everyone knew, was about synergy, the ability to sync skills and abilities with one another. As it appeared, there was little team material so far. Lea's rather concussive weaponry, while powerful seemed like a poor match for the sensitive eared Faunus girl, who appeared to have superior reflexes. Both were sharp, but not quite balanced to each other. And while he hadn't seen any of Desire's weaponry or style, his style with people was... For the lack of a proper phrase, female-oriented. As for himself, he had a light and simple fighting style, but fitting it into a team dynamic seemed to be harder than he initially thought.

Niyol's whirlwind of thoughts came to a deft stop as the temple came into view. Despite having a somewhat dilapidated appearance, it was obvious to see that the building had once been very beautiful. Remains of what he assumed to be a roof arched in a semi circle, dressed in ivy and other flora. "A temple, huh?" he murmured softly to himself as he observed the structure up close. Mirroring the semi circle roof on the ground were small pedestals, each with an item on it. "These are probably the thingies, right?" he addressed the group, while pointing to the pedestals.

Right as he addressed the pedestals, an ominous crashing alerted the whole clearing as another plight of four other people, oh and one raging boarbatusk came rushing in. And to make things worse, Hazel, whom he recognized fighting, was running out of steam.

On instinct, Niyol dropped his right hand and slipped his weapon out of his sheathe. His thumb brushed over the activation pad. At first, the blade serrated into several pieces, appearing quite broken without actually falling apart. Acting quickly, he held his arm up, then waited until the absolute last second possible... Then fired three calculated shots in quick succession. Niyol wasn't foolish enough to try and engage the boarbatusk with only a gun, hell, the armored hide was literally impenetrable for any kind of weapon. But Tetranimus only shot dust pellets. Two of his shots landed on one of the grimm's front legs, exploding forth small volumes of ice. The beast's charge faltered, momentarily disabled by the ice that encased one of it's feet. The momentum of its dash made it skid unceremoniously wayward of its targets. Still, the boarbatusk was hadn't sustained any damage and the ice casing would probably break at any second. "Hey guys!" Niyol yelled to the other group to get their attention. "Anyone have any ideas?" he asked the whole clearing. As he stood at in a ready stance with weapon in hand, watching with jitters in his throat as the Grimm began to slam the ice casing on the ground. 'I think I'd have a hard time dancing with you alone, big fella,' Niyol thought absentmindedly.
imageedit_5_6017094392_zpswhmqlmnb.png~320x480

Reactions: redlemonaide
PsBiOR0.jpg

Connie watched as the pillars came more into view before hearing the wind and mood change quickly "this...doesn't feel good...keep all eyes out for anything" she murmured letting her gauntlets lock and tighten before the rustling and heavy thundering footsteps of the large Boarbatusk coming into the clearing. She froze before along with everyone else started to make a break for the temple "just had to be a Boarbatusk, and a big big one at that!" She said as they soon made it into the clearing seeing others had made it too "welcome to the party now help us out with the guest!" She called to the other students before turning and planting her feet firmly on the ground.

Connie watched as Niyol took his own swing at the beast shooting pellets before watching them freeze the legs of the Boarbatusk temporarily "nice move there!" She called out to him and smiled before focusing on the boar again as she prepared herself. While still a medic she wasn't one to back down from a fight "Only idea I have is that we stand our ground for now and make a plan!" Connie called watching as the Grimm started to break its ice bindings "my turn!" She called moving forward in a quick dash to meet the beast head on to buy a everyone some sort of time.

Watching as it soon had its eyes on her, Connie watched the motions of its head before she reached out and held tightly on the boars tusks as it kept trying to swing while also keep its forward motion "You ain't... Keeping me...down!" She yelled at it pushing back feeling the boar take a few steps back with her pushing tapping into all she could with her strength thanks to her weapons she started to feel it move back and for a moment it gave her hope. That however faded quickly when feeling it started putting heavy and firm footsteps toward her along with a more angered glowing red coming from its eyes as it started pushing Connie back towards the edge "Don't worry about me, think of a plan, I'll buy you all some time!" She called again to the other team members around her feeling her footing loosen as she was forced to take a step back, and another and another.

This Grimm was focused on a kill and with how it was being handled right now, it wanted Connie dead. The medic felt as she was getting closer and closer towards the edge of the temple ledge and only a cold, hard and rocky floor waited at the bottom along with jagged rocks. Pushing all she could to force the creature back was starting to become useless as if she tried to move in any sort of way she could be gored and killed or pushed off. All that she needed to do was keep pushing back for as long as possible and the further away from the edge the better "just...gotta hold on..." She gritted her teeth murmuring to herself with some worry in her voice as the edge made its way closer to the Connie's feet.

Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea looked over when the Faunus girl mentioned about introduction and gave a small smile, "Well, my name is Magnolia Cadenza. My semblance is sound... and my weapon is affectionately nick named Deaths Crescendo" she said, a little sheepishly when she mentioned how her semblance was sound. She ignored the attitude of the girl, choosing to believe it was just a front or lingering irritation from having been collided into before having her ears assaulted. Of course she could be wrong but she hoped that in time the girl would come around and show a softer side. The introductions continued and it wasn't long before their group made it to the temple, seeming to be the first ones arriving as she looked around curiously. "I guess this is it" she commented before walking up and collecting a piece from one of the stone columns, stowing it away till they made it back to the academy. She was about to suggest heading back when a loud crash followed by the sight of the other group running towards them caught her attention, causing her brow to furrow before she blinked realizing they were being chased by a Grimm.

Lea hesitated at first, unsure what to do as the transition of events took hold fast before her eyes, leaving the two groups trying to come up with a plan while the pink haired girl attempted to keep the creature at bay. Lea gave a look around at the others, her eyes lingering over the weapon of each individual as she began to attempt putting together a plan that might just help, of course it took all her confidence to trust herself and to trust the others might take her seriously given she'd never took charge of anything before. The young girls eyes narrowed a little as she looked back towards the creature. She looked to be mumbling to herself for a moment before her eyes widened, "I got an idea!" she said before taking her instrument, holding it by the neck to her side as she took the red ribbon strap and unraveled it from around her arm. "You, with the armor" she said, looking to Prussian. "I'm gonna get it's attention. I need you to take over from that Pink haired girl when it charges us and take it by the horns" she said before stepping forwards.

She swing the strap a few times, the red ribbon weighted by the metal clip before she threw it towards the creature, the ribbon wrapping one of the horns before she dug her heels in and gave a heavy yank to pull the attention towards her. "Ok metal man, you're up" she said as the Grimm came charging towards her. "Pink hair!" she'd call, "Grab the things back leg!" Leah turned to look towards Desire, "I need you to grab the other, between the three of you that thing shouldn't be going anywhere" she said, turning towards the others. "Everyone else come with me and get ready to use ranged weapons if you have'em" she said, pulling on the strap to release it from the horn as she moved into a position to the side of the beast. Looking at the three holding the beast she'd explain the last bit of the plan, which would be the most risky part. "Ok guys, I'm going to knock it up into the air, so on three get ready to release it, then hit it with everything you got!" she called before taking the neck of Deaths Crescendo and throwing it to land under the Boarbatusk, her other arm holding the strap which she tugged hard.

"Three!" she'd shout before the instrument gave an explosion of concentrated sound into the stomach of the Grimm, causing it's body to be knocked up into the air as it let out a boar like screech. "Everyone fire!" she'd call, pulling Deaths Crescendo back towards herself, hoping the combined volley from everyone's ranged attack would be enough to overwhelm and kill the beast, not to mention the fall it would suffer.

For one known as the Ear Destroyer, Lea was quick on the uptake when it came to organization. For that, Tabitha would grudgingly give her a bit of respect, but not verbally. That would take an act of legend before her pride would allow her that much. Despite having given her a fraction of her immense respect, the faunus found a flaw in the other's plan.

No boarbatusk was worth everything she had.

A swipe of her hand across that case brought the return of her survival knife, catching it despite the abrupt manner it was expelled from its container. Her other hand moved to the strap that crossed her upper torso and kept the previously mentioned case on her person. With a tug and the sounds of velcro ripping would she reveal various vials hidden in the strap. Pulling out one vial in particular, it became quite clear that they were all filled with dust.

"You should feel honored, you oversized piggy. These aren't cheap, so make it worth my while, okay?"

The vial, filled with bright emerald dust was inserted into the pommel of her knife, activating its concealed features. The upper half of the blade extended by half a foot where a clear, almost crystal-like length of blade connected it with its lower half. The mid-section shone with the same bright green color as the dust bestowed upon the now short-sword length blade and with the discomfort of sound assaulting Tabitha once more, she knew she was ready.

Lunging forth, the cat closed on the boarbatusk, the tabby-like M across her bangs dimly lighting as she activated her semblance. With her Grace keeping her steady and the dust providing the speed of the wind to her weapon, she delivered a flurry of slashes across the unarmored belly of the grimm.

Ki growled and fired his combined weapon, the rounds doing nothing save for keeping the beast from charging at the group, this isn't good, even the heavy hitting power of his combined weapon would deter the beast not subdue it. He didn't stop firing however, if he did the damn thing would charge and they'd really be in trouble. He looked around for some ideas when he heard the telltale click click click, shit I need to reload fast, He quickly reloads and starts firing again, they need something to get the beasts either on it's side or just down in general. Connie still needed help, in that instant he saw within his head the few seconds it would take for Prussian to move, it wouldn't be enough. The faunus ran at breakneck speeds, getting on her otherside slamming his greatsword into the beast's side, taking some of the pressure off of her " huff, well this thing certainly wanted a piece of you huh?" He says a wolfish smile on his face as he took some of the beasts weight off of Connie.

"Now I'm no expert but we should both dodge to either side when Lea does whatever she's going to do that she's yelling about over there, there's enough room for you to do it, trust me. I'll use dust from my weapon to get to safety so don't worry about me." The faunus says giving her a smile and a wink, always calm and ready to fight he counts to three and dodges to his right, using dust to give himself a bit of a push off, he was now to the right of the Grimm and looked back at Lea, splitting his greatsword into the twin rifles and fires them. He wanted to keep the Grimm's attention focused on him so the others could finish doing what they were preparing for, he heard Lea over the roar of his guns he heard the plan and stopped, seeing Tabitha move in he moved as well while her strikes were quick and clean, his massive strikes with the combined form of his weapon would be messy and more powerful as he moved in behind her he swings the massive blade towards the Grimm and slashes it decisively three times with his blade before landing and rolling away. He turns back and takes aim with his massive rifle and fires, the recoil sending him a few paces back as he fires both barrels simultaneously.

TaHSICl.png

Feeling the footsteps of the massive creature he moved out of the direction of its advance. Standing his ground he waited untill he heard his title called out and he began to move forward. The creature began to move once more as those holding onto it continued to battle the creature. Taking long footsteps her moved up as he gained speed before landing infront of it and entrenchig his feet into the ground. The armor plates covering the whirling joints of his armor began to unfold and slide off causing a mechanical whine to those around. The sheer strength of the creature began to put stress on the joints as his feet were beginning to be pushed back. Looking up at the creature finally he began to smirk as electrical arcs began to shoot off from where his back was. "It looks like I will need to put in alittle more than normal." He grunted before the whirling of the servo joints began to speed up.

The heat coming off the armor began to take the form of steam. A slight glow could be seen at the joint locations uncovered by the armor before he heard the call to break away. "I cant! If I let go it will move straight over me. I can take a hit.. trust me it will only help me." He called out to the others before the weapon struck under him. Feeling his legs go weightless he went up in the air and looked over at the creature he was grappling with. Touching the ground before the creature he raised one of his arms up and aimed it at the creatures exposed and tumbling underbelly. The armor around the arm began to change and move around before a rather large revolving cannon took its place.

Bracing himself back he began to fire the cannon up at the creature. Each of the four shots he unleashed shot through the air and soared towards its target. The other devastating ranged attacks fired by his team mates found their target as well. The creatures hide beginning to shatter under the barrage. One of his cannon rounds punched through the under belly of the creature with the firepower of all the others allowing an easier entry. Everything entering exploded inside tearing a hole in the bottom of its stomach. More ranged fire poured into the exposed cavity from the combined team causing blood to begin to pouring all over those under it. "I believe we may have killed it." He added on before his arm began to return to normal. The plates slid back over his armors joints before he began to brush parts of the Grim off of himself.​

Last edited:
g7mAv9N.jpg

Connor struggled to keep the Grimm boar from pushing her any further towards the edge of the temple ledge. She was luckily saved by her Ki who indeed had given her some much needed space from the Grimm "thanks for that...Ki" she smiled and pants as she watches the other students "armoured hide...soft underbelly, you'd think these things would adapt more" she retorted before being called by another girl "grab its legs ? No problem!" She called back once again dashing to the back end of the boar grabbing its hooves and legs pulling back watching it struggle "whatever you're gonna do, do it fast!" She called out struggling to keep the boar stationary.

She watched as the weapon slid under the belly of the boar while the other student grabbed the front legs of the Grimm "let's hope this-" Connie was cut off by the loud sound of the weapon firing under the boar as it was sent into the air with a hard pulse "....works" she finished her sentence before stepping back to a safer distance watching and hearing the repeated fire of all the ranged weapons firing into the boar as it squeeled and dropped to the ground soon after the barrage of gunfire. "Well, that worked better than expected. Nice plan there!" She called to the blonde girl with a smile walking over at a reasonable distance looking over the damage and the beast itself "amazing...this boar is almost like a minor ursa...its grown more in size than a usual boarbatusk... Something must be happening in their cycle..." She got a quick look at the other students around her seeing her own partners and team along with an entirely new team all together.

Connie let everyone get acquainted with one another as she headed back over to the clearing and spotted Hazel on the ground. Holding out her open gauntlet hand she smiled at the dust witch "need some help there ?" She giggled and gently pulled her up looking her over for any sort of injury that wasn't minor.

[fieldbox="Hazel Grimhilde, #FFCC00"]

H3q1krr.png

The dust witch watched in horror as the shadow of death loomed over her friends. Connie, quite literally, took the boar by the horns, heels digging into the dirt as it pushed the girl closer and closer to the ravine, Ki taking up the other side as the beast continued to swing its head about; those gloves must have been something fierce to keep either of them from being thrown off in one direction or another. Prussian had gotten out of the way, but the rest of her heightened crew were quickly being pushed toward the deep ravine. She couldn't just let that happen. Hazel wouldn't just let them die.

Hand trailing against the ground as Hazel spun into a standing position, Hazel pulled out her spellbook, golden light appearing beneath her feet in the shape of a heart-shaped lock and key, a crown settled atop its upper ventricles. Her mother had always said that no queen was complete without her crown. She opened the leather-binding, then slipped her finger along its top, tracing the page to its corner where a brown ribbon was held tight, indicating the earth dust she'd infused there. The enchantments began to glow a bronze that filled her circle, growing brighter. As it built, forms passed her. The other students, from the final temple, were running into the fray, and she recognized a couple of them. Niyol rushed into position to take three shots, the bullets either landing into the legs of the boarbatusk or the ground just around it, but having the same effect either way. Ice encapsulated the backhooves. It broke the first round, but the second and third were immediate enough to take advantage of the slowed creature and build off of the original crystals for additional support.

Perfect, she could focus her spell elsewhere.

The ravine was close on the heels of the faunus and healer, so she shifted a portion of the rock from the opposite side of the ravine and embedded the shelf into the cliffside immediately behind them, effectively giving her teammates a little more room with which to work. They stumbled from the impact, but at least they had somewhere to stumble upon. Seeing their weakness, the boar readied to throw its personal speed bumps not to one side or another, but straight into the air where gloves couldn't save Connie, let alone Ki. However, at the order of the blonde she'd met last night, Prussian finally moved in, stabilizing the grimm, and with it, the brave fools who'd essentially saved his life. Ki dust-propelled himself out from underneath the boarbatusk, their magenta-haired partner simply running for the back of the beast. The ice was cracking. Lea produced her guitar and bent to place it under the core weight of their opposition, she wouldn't need the extra assistance before this attack, which propelled both the thing and the designated "metal man" into the air.

However, no matter now much metal weighed the boy down, he didn't weigh nearly as much as this ancient grimm. He practically disappeared from view while the boarbatusk, between the ice on his hind legs and the blast being taken to the chest, merely appeared to rear like a very, very, very large horse. Shots were immediately fired from the entire group, Hazel breaking the shelf she'd made just moments before into shards which protruded from its exposed belly, a cat-eared faunus taking advantage of a stall in ammo from her squad and lunged in swiftly with the wind at her back, scoring it for a final strike with her javelin before dancing out again. The organized attack must have kept the creature standing for an elongated period of time, or Prussian used his speed-boost to return to earth, or - most likely - a combo of both. His arm glowed with the blue of dust-amplified technology. The canon opened the tenderized meat of its underbelly, an explosion of force and gravity-influenced entrails pouring atop the Helios engineering.

"I believe we may have killed it," Hazel could just make out the Gerhardt's words from the distance.

Her glow diminished and she hopped down from her perch. Landing on one knee, she looked up to find her partner standing before her, arm outstretched. "Need some help there?"

Hazel chuckled. Taking the model's arm - her intimidating weapon retracted back to its well-accessorized state - Connie helped her up, and she turned so they were both facing the temple now, the others making their way over as the boarbatusk disappeared to ash. It didn't stop the smell from following the blood-bathed boy, though. "Ugh, please. Find a ten-foot pole and measure out a fifty-foot radius to keep from us at all times. C'mon, let's check out what's here, guys."

Inside the ruin was a singular area that had stood the test of time and looked nearly untouched by the ravages the rest of the temple had seemed to suffer, a pavillion. Marble arches encircled a ebony checkered floor. Walking that floor would bring the students to small alters, each displaying an ornate chess-piece upon its Corinthian table. Hazel went straight for the center with a smirk. Between two black pieces stood a tall white tower, palisades far more detailed than that of any of the others, and she picked it up. Bouncing it in one hand for a moment, she chuckled and sent it sailing for her partner.

"No queen is complete without her crown."

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
TaHSICl.png

Prussian tried wiping more of the gore off his body by walking through a set of low hanging branches. All he ahd suceeded in doing was scratch up the paint on the armor he wore. Realizing what he was doing he looked down at his arms and legs before letting out a low grumble. The sound of the noise was much louder than one would expect. Taking a second to not think about his own pressing issues he looked back to Ki "Come, that thing is right up ahead and I see... chess peices." He continued on before making his way down and onto the ruins itself.

Making his way inside he turned to Ki and pointed at a large black peice standing prominently in the back of the temple. "The Dark Queen " he said before making his way through some of the others there and picking it up. Not noticing the two girls taking up the queen nearby. Turning to Ki he picked up on what Hazel had said and smirked. It was a perfect time to be the type of person he normally was... a time to let loose abit in the wake of a victory. Tossing the peice to his partner his armor began to almost coil off of his body before reforming into what looks like a ordinary backpack.

Pointing at the Queen in Ki's hands he smirked "No king is complete without their Queen." He said and glanced at Hazel and Connie. Knowing that he may have damned himself to eternal damnation from Hazel he simply accepted the fate. Raising his head up proud he awaited the death strike that was likely to strike him down like lightning... from a dust witch. A way to go he never expected. Sure, he almost went a few times but to be killed by a girl.. a dust witch... a... known witch. Then it hit him as to who she really was. "Grimhilde" He said suddenly.

Shaking his head he looked at Hazel before turning and looking at many of the others around him. Finally focussing on the girl that had called to him during the battle. Feeling his body arc with electricity he grunted before letting out a breath. He had far to much energy built up in his body and it was beginning to adversly effect him. He had to find a way to release it safely. Before he could he found himself looking at the girl again. He heard the name before and finally fixed a face to it. "Magnolia" He found himself saying even as he wanted to turn away.​

Last edited:
Ki smiled as everyone settled back down after the Grimm's defeat, he flicked his weapons sending it's blood away from him and onto the ground, flicking them again and flipping the blades he holsters them in quick succession. He puts his hands in his pockets and looks over towards his partner, then towards Hazel and Connie. He followed Prussian COME! Who the hell does he think he is ordering me like a dog...bear with it Yuerquin this is someone who can not be helped with one day of humble pie. in and shook his head smiling from ear to ear "Haha well i guess it is only fitting that I get the strongest chess piece seeing as how I am the big gun between us." Ki says smirking and chuckling. Ki looked around, nothing else seemed out of the ordinary here, other than the fact that chess pieces were lining a table within the ruins anyway. He sighed and started walking around looking for other things to do or see, he was getting bored after all the excitement from the fight, and adrenaline still in his body it made him really aware and agitated.

He looked back at Connie and walked over "Hey, how are you doing after the fight, you kind of rushed in headlong before anyone else could react, if it hadn't happened so fast I would've been there to help sooner." He wasn't good at this, talking thing, normally his empathy showed him what to say in a way, he relied on it too much for this sort of thing. "I just want to say that we're all in it together, no one's a lone fighter here...and none of us are alone either." He takes one hand out of his pocket and moves silver and black hair out of his face "Basically I'm saying I got the heavy lifting, I know you can, believe me I'm the one who saw it up close. but me and richie rich over there can handle head on collisions like that..." He trailed off knowing he must sound like some overbearing jerkwad he backs off and nods to her, seeing another's fate no matter how brief in one reality scares the viewer, Ki knows that as he keeps getting closer he'll see things like this again. He waves to Connie "Sorry." He says and goes back to absentmindedly looking around the ruin, the wolf faunus didn't know how to explain to people that his empathetic powers grew something else within him, foresight...very limited foresight but it does the trick. And right now due to it he is backing away from them, he hadn't even thought to see how Hazel was doing, and Prussian was doing his thing, he looked at the chess piece in his hand and back to his partner, the boy was looking at Hazel, somewhat astonished, Ki hadn't heard what made him look towards her like that and he looks back and forth between the two, confused.

Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea was pleased her plan bore a favorable result for the group and responded to the pink haired girl with a soft smile of thanks to her praise. Everyone had performed their part of the plan to the fullest extent, investing themselves entirely into it which spoke volumes of their willingness to trust. She was greatfull they offered her their trust in that way, perhaps she'd go as far to say she felt honored. The young musician followed the others silently as they made for the temple, the beautiful architecture attracting her attention for a short while as she wondered what purpose it might have served in it's history, or whether it was made by the academy just to give this area some kind of atmospherical feel to it. She took her piece from the stands as the others did the same, talking among themselves. Lea looked down at her piece, her thumb trailing the minor indentations of the engravings for a moment before the sound of her name drew her attention. She'd turn to see the with the armor looking towards her, causing her to blink for a moment before she turned to face him. "Yeah?" she replied inquisitively, assuming he wanted her attention to ask her something.

TaHSICl.png

Not realizing how loud he had actually said her name he was suprised when she turned to look at him. Feeling his heart almost deflate he didn't know what to do. This was a situation he hadn't prepared for so he was beginning to fall apart. He was never one to blush but he was afraid it was about to begin. Feeling that there was almost no other way to deal with this situation he just took a deep breath and prepared to pull a tactical retreat. Being afraid to say anything stupid made him freeze just as he opened his mouth. He had a great line to say to her to start the conversation but the anxiety produced the best phrase "Hi." he could ever have imagined.

Once the word left his mouth he felt his whole Ego fly away helplessly into the wind. He was almost as helpless as a child in this situation. The beats of his heart beginning to pick up more and more almost making him feel like he would have an anxiety attack. After a second of a near meltdown he regained himself and picked up right after the 'Hi'. To those looking he seemed to be off slightly but still as he was before. Only the slight twitching of his right hand could give away his nervous feeling. "I don't think we've ever.. Got a chance to talk much." Prussian continued on as he began to relax. He knew her next response could make or break his escape plan and he was ready to disappear.

Then he realised the stupidity of what he said. This was a Trial among teams and they were to be focusing on the prize. But he couldn't help but get distracted from his mission. What a way to make a first impression.. He looked like an idiot and a child the way he approached the situation. He knew they would all be looking and staring at him like he was painted orange. All of these thoughts continued to play out within the two seconds following what he said. All the while his body language and face remained the same as before. Only in his own head was he being weird.. "Sorry I am acting so weird.." He said at the end to Magnolia.​

Status
Not open for further replies.