☆RWBY RP: Rescuing Remnant IC☆

Status
Not open for further replies.
ueFlh0J.png
"W
hat? You fell out of the sky?"

- Antoine De Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
tree-divider-dark-grey-hi_zpsfjpxjq0r.png~320x480

The night had been quite interesting in the company of the people that Niyol had had a chance to meet. But soon enough, he whittled down on energy and settled down into a quick and dreamless sleep. Come morning, he felt quite chipper to get to initiation. There was something different about the way the air felt compared to the previous day. People were on a more terse note, some from excitement, and others, fear. Niyol himself was a bundle of nerves, two parts ready and one part, not.

Standing on the launch pad sent a couple jitters through Niyol's system. It wasn't like he wasn't aware of it and how you were quite literally launched into initiation, but actually standing on it gave things a different point of view. The emerald forest stretched over a wide expanse, the trees glaring with a deep foilage. 'It looks like it'd be real easy to get lost in there... Or potentially eaten, starved, drowned... Niyol's thoughts continued, only broken by the sound of the first launch pad flinging some dear soul into those unforgiving heights. ' Oopsies... Hope I didn't miss any important instructions,' he thought as he chuckled nervously. The launch pads continued to chuck students into the air at a steady pace, eliciting various reactions as people were tossed up into the air. As the places began to clear close to him, Niyol dropped into a ready stance, with his legs bent and chin tucked close to his chest. As the clicking sounds of the pads got closer, the adrenaline seemed to coil into a tight knot in his stomach. Then, the pad beneath his feet clicked and flung him into the air.

The adrenaline inside him uncoiled in an instant as he cut through the air, swinging in a high arc over the woods. The wind buffeted mercilessly, flapping Niyol's hair and poncho everywhere. He opened his mouth, the breeze rushing through his throat as he released a loud whoop. 'This is pretty awesome,' he thought happily. Then, he began to sink. "Steady now," he said to himself, though the words were lost to the wind. As Niyol sank with a rising velocity, he fought to keep himself calm, patiently waiting until the trees beneath him got close enough... Not a moment too soon, he threw out his right hand. Starting at his fingertips, a gold tinted spectral arm flung out. The jelly-like arm extended rapidly as Niyol continued to descend. Then, just as soon as it reached out to its maximum length, the hand portion latched deftly onto a branch. 'Yes!' he internally celebrated. However, due to the momentum of his fall, Niyol suddenly surged forward. 'Uh oh... Completely on instinct, he let go of his semblance as his body reached the top of the swing, then flung out his left hand and conjured a second arm. This time, however, he barely latched onto a second branch and as physics would have it, Niyol only managed to hold on through to the top of the swing before the hand slipped and sent him flying for a second time. Though, this time, instead of open air, he flew through various branches and leaves, right until he broke the top story. In the second his eyes registered solid people in his collision path, Niyol opened up his mouth to say a warning, but all that seemed to come out was a long yell... which dipped into a hard grunt as he made contact.

The impact jostled his body, splaying out into a tangle of limbs. He peeled open his eyes, which had closed involuntarily in the impact. In his limited line of sight was red hair. And a lot of it. "Ow ow ow ow.... Niyol groaned a little as the aftershock of the impact hit his body. He screwed his eyes shut again. "Never gonna do that again," he muttered groggily.
imageedit_5_6017094392_zpswhmqlmnb.png~320x480

Last edited:
Lea didn't drop her pace as she ran, nimbly leaping large rocks and sliding under fallen trees as she sped towards her goal, the temple. Though during her sprint she hadn't expected two things, the first being her collision with a faunus girl as she burst through a brush, knocking her over into the next brush and out the other side where they tumbling before they'd both come to a sliding stop. The second was that when she looked up, she saw another boy with red hair and gauntlets. "Ouch... " she muttered to herself, holding her head as she slowly stood up before looking down to see who she'd hit. She was surprised to see she'd collided with a faunus who she immediately apologized to, "I'm so sorry, I hadn't expected anyone to be so close" she said as she tried to help her up and dust her off, hoping she wouldn't bee too upset about it. After making sure she was alright she looked to the other person, who thankfully she hadn't collided into during her burst through the brush. Looking between them she gave a slightly sheepish look, feeling a little embarrassed by her mistake.
Curiosity may have not killed the cat this time, but she kind of wished it had. Perhaps she had gotten rusty from all that time in a prison cell, or maybe even had dropped her guard due to her academic surroundings, or she was simply trying to find something to blame for failing to avoid what felt like a flying head butt to her sternum. Her brain tried to made sense of things as her vision comprised of the world flipping and turning, accompanied by the sensation of leaves, dirt, and other flora slapping her. Instinct took over, her body righting itself and she drove the toes of her boots and her fingers against the ground to come to a skidding halt.
Okay...I stopped moving...I'm on the ground...I'm dizzy and my chest feels like someone took a sledgehammer to it...
"Ow..." Her voice was raspy, as expected from someone who probably had the air knocked out of them. Gingerly she rose to her feet with the hand not currently engaged in a death grip with her combat knife rubbing the center of her chest with circular motions. After a few moments of this, she appeared to finally return to full recollection and bore a sharp glare at Lea. "Seriously? Is that how you normally greet others?" While obviously a snark, Tabitha's tone was still heavy on the venom that came from being just a bit bitter from that impact. Giving a long sigh ending with a click of her tongue, the faunus shook her head before jabbing a finger towards Lea. "Be grateful that I am a girl who doesn't hold a grudge." Totally a lie. "We'll leave things at that, although I would suggest that you watch where you're going next time you decide to plow forth."​

[fieldbox="Hazel Grimhilde, #FFCC00"]

H3q1krr.png

Hazel swam up toward the glittering surface, the sun peeking through the evergreens here and there, dancing gold upon the topside. She broke the surface with a gasp out of habit. Smiling into the air, she saw a girl sliding down this side of a tree by the tips of her fingers. Was she using claws? Great, another Faunus with whom Hazel could make a fool of herself, but at least they wouldn't be talking about science. Paddling to the edge just as the girl landed at the base, the dust witch pulled herself out with as much ease as her ample bosom would allow. Looking over, she made eye contact with the red-eyed girl who, upon further inspection, was rather tall. She was tiny compared to Hazel where the waist was concerned - bitch - but that was likely from distributed weight through all that height; the girl could've been a model, but the tone in her arms showed she had muscles more like that of a ballerina, and they probably helped hold up those gauntlets. What Hazel had mistaken for a regular pair of gloves or paws were actually a serious set of weaponry.

"Hey," she called to the girl. "I'm Hazel, dust witch." Pushing out her hip as she crossed her arms, she tilted her black and blonde head with a smile in a way indicating the book displayed on her belt there. "So it looks like we're teamed up! Tell me about yourself while we walk?" Hazel turned slightly on her low heel. It was important to read her new partner, so she made sure to give the girl the choice to go with her, let alone take the lead, and, of course, introduce herself. This was exactly why she wanted to meet as many people as she could manage yesterday! She didn't want this awkward moment, like, "hey, who are you, what can you do, oh no, here comes a monster, and we still wanna try to beat everyone else who probably already knows each other!" Mentally sighing, she kept up the smile until they were both ready to move on.

As soon as they were, a loud crack! elicited nearby and down came toppling a hundred- probably two- or three-hundred foot tree. Hazel stepped in front of her partner protectively, her other hand whipping out without hesitation in a circular pattern, around and around, forming a thin, flat tornado right out of thin air in front of them. When the tree crashed onto the opposite shore of the river, debris came flying at them. The disc-like shield battered the shattered branches away, ricocheting away from the girls and clearing the air of the dust for some feet behind them, too. A brightly-colored shadow raced down the tree like it might've been sliding over the thing, and Hazel was pretty sure she had recognized the student from the hall the night before, giving her a grumpy chuckle - trying to show-up her landing, huh? She'd make him regret it later. For now, she and her partner were safe, but they needed to get a move on. He was further into the forest than they were.

"That was another student, we gotta get- AAH!"

Standing behind the magenta-haired girl was an even taller shadow, ear pulled back aggressively. Only, not really.

"Ki!" the dust witch cried disapproval at the faunus boy. She hadn't really noted how tall he was before, the way he'd been leaning against the wall, or sitting and chatting when she had been talking to him. Hazel wasn't considered short, by any means, but between these two she was practically a midget. How weird was that? "What're you doing sneaking up on us, like that?! Oh," with a new thought, her anger immediately dissipated, "this is Yeurquin Concordia, but he goes by Ki. Ki, this is my partner.... where's yours?"

[/fieldbox]

T0t0CpR.jpg

Connie walked through the thick forest moving around and avoiding the odd patches of ivy and such. She rested against a tree checking over herself for any sort of non small injuries. "As if it was already hard enough to try and find this temple..." She sighed as she kneeled down on one knee as she was checking before she heard a voice call to her from behind. Immediately she readied her gauntlets tightened before she turned to find that it was another student. Connie sighed and let out a sigh of relief before walking towards her "Hey there. Dust witch huh ?" She questioned with a smile before letting her right gauntlet retract into its holstered form as she shook the girls hand quickly but firmly before retracting and letting the gauntlet take form again "Connie Magenta. Medical Huntress" she said in greeting seeing as Hazel introduced herself.

Connie nodded and smiled at the mention of partners "seems that way. You bagged yourself the partner that can heal you when you need it" she chuckled and smiled walking with her "well you already know my name, I know yours but I guess I'll explain a little about myse-" she was suddenly interrupted by another sound of a landing student and the sound of hazel reacting "what ? What is it....oh!" Connie said feeling the presence behind her as she turned around and stepped back "oh you two know eachother ?" She questioned hazel curiously again before they started introductions once more with the Faunus student "Ki ? A pleasure to meet you" she smiled and nodded to the student.

@redlemonaide @NewKingofDrangleic

Ki looked at Hazel as she kind of reprimanded him, "Sorry I was lost in thought for a minute Hazel, didn't mean to startle you if I did hehe." He says giving a small chuckle and smiling to the two. He puts his hand to his chest and gives a small bow to each one and looks to Connie "Yuerquin Concordia actually, but my friends call me Ki, a pleasure Connie." He says and gives them both a big smile. He looks behind them and points "Temple's that way, aaaaaaaaaand I haven't found anyone else yet, just you two, too bad you two found each other first." He says holstering his weapons and stretches "Wasn't expecting not getting a good view of the temple when I was launched, had to climb a tree to actually get a good vantage of it and everything. If it's alright I'll walk with the two of you till I find someone else." He says pulling his weapons back out and flipping them till they were unfolded and at their full height separated. "I'll take point ladies." He says and walks the same way he was pointing.

[/fieldbox]​
H3q1krr.png

"Dust witch huh?" The girl, who indicated her name was Connie, asked.

Hazel nodded emphatically. "Uh-huh!" Displaying her hand, which she'd just used to create the winddisc, like a game show host or jewlery channel model - cause everyone knew these stereotypical images through all the worlds of all times, of course - she placed her other hand on her hips with pride. "Or Dreamweaver, whichever you prefer. I usually just say witch since it's a little more easily recognized, and I'm pretty adept in the subject already."

Ki interrupted her scene with a chuckle. "Sorry, I was lost in a thought for a moment, Hazel; didn't mean to startle you if I did."

She made a face, something between a pout and a glare at the tall boy. "Startle is a strong word..."

"Oh, you two know each other?"

The witch looked at the real life model for a moment, blinking. "Oh! Yeah, we just met last night." As soon as the words left her mouth, a blush started rising up her stock-still figure to gather right beneath her eyes, making them look even more golden... with embarrassment. "I mean, in the hall, where we slept. Slept! All of us. Actually, it was even before that- Ya know what? Yeah. Yeurquin, you take point."

Hazel took up the boys righthand side, forcing Connie to his left so that, should a threat arrive, Hazel would be closest to the most likely point, or, at least, the other two would be on the far side of a river for an attacker to cross. She could pull something together in that time and give them room to do their thing, even if that just meant running away. The heftier girl liked to be sure her team was positioned for its best defense. The best offense is a good defense, she'd always believed - despite her mother's advice to the contrary, which had been more than accurate enough times. Still, better safe than sorry, if nothing else. With Ki leading them directly to the temple, they had a pretty good plan set-up for them as it was, and they just needed to get to know each other a little better to make that offensive technique work for them.

"Medical Huntress, huh?" she asked her partner, paralleling her own words. "Tell me more about that. I haven't met many myself, how did you get interested in that? Your gloves do anything for it, or are you basically a battle-ready cleric?" Listening to the girl discuss her abilities, she nodded along, eventually turning her attention to the boy, however. "You were going on about your guns last night, Ki, right? Sorry, I was pretty tired. Can you go over that again?"

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
AV1ebOY.jpg

Connie walked in her side of the two while hazel walked on the other leaving Ki in the middle. She stretched out her arms and groaned a little before shaking herself down as she continued to walk "Well medical hunters and huntresses are rare to come by as I've found out" Connie giggled and smiled admiring the scenery as she went on about her role "My weapons pretty much have two forms. My main form which are these sweet and powerful gauntlets. I can pretty much break a boulder in two with these" Connie smiled as she noticed more structures appearing as the three kept walking "but my other form is my main way of medical healing" She says letting the bulky and heavy gauntlets form into their second form consisting of the metallic gloves with a light purple substance inside the syringes and needles.

"I use dust to mainly attend small injuries but when it comes to big ones... Well..." She hesitated looking at her hands and stopping in her tracks with a completely blank and unblinking stare as her hands were her main focus. She wouldn't stop looking, she wouldn't move and wouldnt even reply to anything almost traumatised by something... Her hands clenched together while she breathes heavily but silently as her fists shook while clenched. Connie snapped out of... Whatever that was...before then catching up with the two "I....I'll explain when the time comes about more complex healing..." She mumbled shaking her head as she focused on the walk with hazel and Ki as she reverted her weapon back into their gauntlet form. Whatever had caused that little moment/scene must of been something deep in her mind.

Last edited:
Ki let out a loud laugh when Hazel bumbled over "meeting" last night, he shook his head at her his full smile turning into a playful half-smile "Yes, we met during the first year ceremony, then we all stayed up a little late chatting while this one here fell asleep shortly after we got there." He couldn't help but chuckle again and looked at the two of them making a formation with him. "Guess we're our own little fighting force right now huh?" Ki looked at Hazel again "Guess you'll be using my full name when you get mad/embarrassed or something huh?" Chuckling again, he looked back at Connie who was dazed in her own world for a second before matching pace with them again. He felt that she had been hurting just then but thought better than to ask right now instead he gave her a reassuring smile and nod, his ears perked up as well.

"Your abilities are something else Connie, I would like to hear about them later, and shall I call you dust witch from now on Hazel? It does seem fitting, one more thing that whooping you made getting launched, made me not hate being sent flying as much as I normally do." He switched his weapons to their second form, making them the gigantic sword and slung it on his back, his left hand on the hilt of the weapon, finger on the trigger, he needed to stay ready. He trusted their skills but he'd hear danger before the other two if it was in fact here like Ozpin and everyone else was saying.

TaHSICl.png

Continueing to charge through the woods a sudden flashing on his Hud made him change course. Taking a wide step left he changed his course by grabbing a tree with his massive gauntleted hands. Wrapping around part of the base his grip remained ripping it down as he swung himself into another direction. The forward momentum he gathered continued to steady itself as he ran through the forest at a speed that would take a few seconds to slow down from. As he approached the signals pinging on his hud he began to take a deep breath. A burst of red shot out of the front of his armor slowing his speed with a sudden burst making the air in his lungs shoot out.

Taking one last speed fueled movement he jumped and came through the tree line near the ground to land near the and begin skidding as his armored form began to throw dirt into the air. The slow down continued for two meters before he stood up and looked at the line he carved in the ground with his feet. The armor covering the mechanical joints raised allowing the heat to vent off. With that he looked between them all and then put his hands behind his back like he was standing at attention. "My name is Prussian It is nice to see you all again." He said not waiting for introductions. "Now, I hope you don't mind but I feel like we are far from alone in this woods. I can tell you that the scanning equipment I have in this suit indicates a viable presence for our enemy." He continued with a nod. He turned and pointed "Temple is this way. I am tracking the movement of others and they appear to be mostly moving this way."

With that he undid his hands and began to walk closer. "Don't mind me. I take it one of you are my partner then. If you don't mind I have a efficency quota to meet and standing here is slowing that down... Not to sound rude but can introductions wait. I personally do not like being late." he continued on before beginning to move ahead of them all still not knowing which of them was his partner in this entire thing. Turning he looked back to see if anyone was following him,

@redlemonaide
@WhiteAngel
@NewKingofDrangleic

H3q1krr.png

The magenta-haired healer reverted her weapon to its initial form and mumbled, "I'll explain when the time comes about more complex healing."

A shiver crawled up the shorter thicker girl's spine. Hazel was pretty sure she didn't want to hear about Connie's 'more complex healing' either. She was glad to hear they had an offensive form, too, though; Hazel had always been great at protecting her sister's - whether they appreciated it or not - but there had never been a worry that they couldn't take care of themselves, at least for a little while, if she wasn't around. In fact, some part of Hazel had been hoping she'd have seen her little sister first. Not that there was anything wrong with Connie, or Ki, or-

Okay, now she was starting to correct herself in her head, and that was just weird. The girl breathed out slowly. This was not the place to be second-guessing herself, not over such small stuff, especially, and when being paired with her sister probably would have been a disaster in the making. She and Rill might've made a good team if she had joined the year she was supposed to instead of taking time to train. Her mother made it well-known that this was not a favorable option and her sisters had decided she must've had cooties or something, especially Izzy, who made it her goal to join the academy a year early - and she did. Well, more power to her. Still, there was no reason to rush - any job worth doing is worth doing right. That was what Hazel thought of the whole thing, and it's why she was putting so much effort into getting to know her classmates and her team. Who... apparently were trying to get to know her right back.

"Hm? I'm sorry, zoned-out for a second." Honesty was probably the best course. Still, she had to resist the urge to explain herself further, but if the other girls reaction had been any indication, it wasn't something needing her new-found expertise in the art of fumbling all over oneself.

The wolf-boy's ears stood up toward her, which she suspected was a sign he had recovered from the mass of falling tree earlier. "Shall I call you Dust Witch from now on, Hazel? It does seem more fitting."

Hazel barked a laugh - no pun intended. She wiggled her brows at the boy, fingers tapping against the cover of the book on her hip suggestively. "Careful, I'll cast a spell on you." It was a favorite saying of hers.

Her laughed seemed to have sparked something else in the boy as he noted, "One more thing," then started busying himself with his weaponry, a pair of guns. "That whooping you made getting launched? It made me not hate being sent flying as much as I normally do."

Oh. She hadn't been expecting him to say that, at least, it sounded like a compliment, so she decided to take it that way. A blush creeping up her face, the bi-haired girl smiled genuinely. "I'm glad it helped. Helps me, too, so maybe you should try it next time. We can do a practice run now, if you like?" She twisted, making a show of going for her spellbook.

At that moment, the boy had clamped his guns together and elongated them both, turning them into a broadsword of sorts, which he threw on his back. Ki looked confident. His ears twitched in a couple directions before catching his attention in one particular, and with his hand still on the gunsword, Hazel took notice of the fact that his finger moved to the trigger. Turning with him, her hand hovered over her book, the other pulling the pencil out from behind her ear. Twirling it behind her fingers, she whistled casually, eyes scanning the forest surrounding them, and she was glad she did; whatever it was came on them fast.

A huge gale proceeded it, spitting dirt and debris up at the group. Hazel still had the wind dust on her fingers and whipped up the winddisc easily, but it only kept the immediate view before them clear; she couldn't throw the gale back at its creator. She bent her knees, prepared to jump at the last second, a ribbon wrapped around one finger trailing from between the pages. The ground was screaming at its feet. What was this thing? It didn't take long for them to figure it out. The Dust Witch felt the same tension in her teammates and tightened her grip on the items in her hands, toes pressed into the earth so that she could attack. Her mouth opened in the onset of a battlecry, a golden glow steadily emanating from her skin when the familiar sounds of smooth electrics coupled with fine machinery settled behind the dust, like steam being released. That wasn't a grimm.

Out of the forest fog came a creature that didn't belong there, silver and blue and lit like the city district. It was covered in ancient-styled armor, whatever it was. Hazel had a good idea it was more a question of who it was, and the answer came with a haughty stance for introduction. She raised an amused brow.

"My name is Prussian. It's nice to see you all again," he said, hands held behind his back so his metallic barrel chest was pushed out even further with what was probably supposed to be dignity. "Now. I hope you don't mind, but I have feel like we are far from alone in this wood. I can tell you that the scanning equipment i have in this suit indicated a viable presence for our enemy."

Hazel looked out to the trees around them. Great. They knew the grimm were out there, but now they had confirmation. Oh well, better than a sneak attack from behind a bunch of debris - again. She sighed and rolled her eyes back to the bunch of bravado pacing away from them now in the direction they had been heading before he showed up. "The temple is this way," the lucky citizens were told by their hero, "I am tracking the movement of the others and they appear to be mostly moving this way."

"Huh. So your suit allows you to move quickly, with extra force, track all the living species in the general vicinity, differentiate between friend and foe, and you decided to stop for little ole us?" she asked, lashes fluttering, hands clasped over her heart, knees together like she was about to swoon. Putting an end to her act as the Southern Bell, her eyelids fell with her voice inflection. "How generous."

"Don't mind me," Prussian continued, taking a casual step back toward the group, really as if she hadn't spoken. "I take it one of you are my partner then. If you don't mind, I have an efficiency quota to meet and standing here is slowing that down..." She couldn't help her mouth dropping open, either. His act as the arrogant jerk was too well executed for her liking. Didn't stop him from persevering. Turning his back on the group again, the pseudo-droid started walking toward the temple once more. "Not to sound rude," he said. Hazel choked. "But can introductions wait? I personally do not like being late."

If either Connie or Ki started with him, Hazel would hold out her arm, suggesting that they didn't silently. She watched the boy continue on his own, her head tilted forward with a knowing look, and a serious one at that, patient and no longer as entertained as it once had been. When he looked back to see if they were following, she spoke up. "Not to sound rude, but it won't matter that you're on time if you show up without your partner."

The witch sauntered up to him with fire. Her legs jiggled with the walk, just a shade light of stomping in her short-heeled boots. She was eyeing him rather hard with a smile plastered on her face, and she had to keep her semblance back, it naturally amplifying with her emotions. The girl knew a fight wasn't necessary, but her blood may or may not have been boiling with the way this kid was treating her and her friends - whether or not she considered him one, too. He was tall. Just like everyone else; wtf kind of group had she found herself in? It didn't change anything as she - more or less - got in his face, poking his dumb dome breastplate with her black, manicured finger, the other hand a fist on her cocked hip. Hazel allowed her body language to do the real talking for her, her sarcastic expression and tone were just a beautiful bonus for her poor victims.

"I don't know what you think being a hunter is about, but it certainly isn't about rejecting orders and ditching your team - which this particular exercise is intended to designate, by the way - so maybe you should take the time to find out who you're leaving to the grimm before you win some more scorn from someone you actually care about?" She looked back at the other two, pointing out the tallest member with her chin first. "Ki already figured out where the temple was, and Connie's a healer. I've had to protect us all from debris twice already, and one of those times," her finger was back in his chest as she growled out the words, "was because of you. So tell me, Hot Shot, what do you bring to the table?" The noise elicited from the back of her throat was something between a groan and a sigh as she shook her head. Disappointment or disgust didn't even begin to cover it. "C'mon, guys. We've got a temple to be late to." As she started walking off without the electronic boy, Hazel remembered something. "By the way, Connie? Meet Mr. Roboto here, Prussian Gerhardt, heir to the Helios empire, prodigal hunter, and giant ass. He's alright when he likes to take his head out of it."

With that, she stormed off. Calmly.

If the other two came within earshort, she'd apologize for being an ass herself. "Sorry, that just really got under my skin. Should the headmaster throw a fit about the three of us being partners, I'll say I was paired up with him so you two can move forward to the team match-ups. Didn't mean to lose control of my tongue like that, but it's been known to happen." She'd laugh it off, hoping that she hadn't lost more than control of her tongue in the process of putting Gerhardt in his place - which, admittedly, wasn't really her job. But someone had to do it!

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
YBX44GG.jpg

"I'll try to demonstrate them in the future should such an event arise, Ki" Connie smiled softly seeming more cheerful than she was a moment ago. She walked by the two closely almost as she talked casually one after the other "dust witch sounds like a good little nickname, hazel but I prefer Hazel anyway" Connie smiled and joked before hearing a sudden gust of wind and breeze making its way near them "hmm...it's not Grimm...keep an eye out though..." She said as her gauntlets tightened as she kept a rather defensive and alert stance with Ki and Hazel.

She watched above as she felt the sudden bits of debris hit the ground around her. While Hazel did her own part in shielding Connie and Ki, Connie wasn't one to let others do all the work. Holding out an open hand she felt a hard thunk of a fist sized rock hit her palm. Giving herself a moment to aim, she saw the moment seeing more debris lining up perfectly as she threw it like a ball but much harder. She watched as the rock heated up and with the strength Connie threw it as it split through the falling debris into mini pieces stopping it in its tracks before falling to the ground away from them. "Jeez seems something else wants us dead and not just grimms" The pink haired girl sighed before watching another figure appear.

As Connie listened to the boy explaining himself and sounding very arrogant and ignorant in the process, she couldn't help but feeling her annoyance and anger rising because of it. She was about to speak out before hearing Hazel doing so. This was sudden as she experienced Hazel as she was angry. She looked to Ki beside her as the witch gave Prussian a stern telling off. "Something tells me I'll be doing my job a lot more with you around..." Connie said walking past him annoyed and still angry finding that he had caused the falling debris.

She soon joined back by Hazel as she kept walking and laid a calm hand on the girls shoulder "Hazel it's ok...We all have moment where people get on our nerves. Some more than others..." She said glaring back at the ignorant heir. "But we get past it and move on otherwise it becomes a downfall or weakness inside us" Connie smiled before giggling "if you wanna know a little secret or something, it's 'men' like that who have put me off men all together" she chuckled and sighed looking to Ki "no harm or such intended Ki I assure you. It's just my preference y'know ?" she chuckled and blushes softly looking at the two as they walked.

@redlemonaide @NewKingofDrangleic @Angelic Fusion

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: redlemonaide
[fieldbox="Desire Indo, red, solid"]Brushing himself off as he walked, Desire would halt as two females tumbled out of nowhere. He watched, questioning if he should help them up or just walk away. They seemed rather clumsy and he wasn’t sure if these people were the type he was willing to spend the rest of his years with. It wasn’t until he got a good look at the blonde haired girl that he changed his mind completely. Before he could ask if either of them – mostly the hot one – was alright, he felt something collide with his body.

Letting out a small groan, Desire studied the person on top of him. Hearing the person’s words, Desire placed his hands on their shoulders. “I fully support your decision,” he spoke before shoving the person aside. Desire stood, brushing himself off for the second time then adjusting his goggles. He glanced around at the others. It seemed three clumsy people it was for the rest of his years there. “Well if we’re done playing around here,” he spoke aloud with arms spread out, “then how about we get going? There’s a temple calling out my-our name.” Desire looked at the blonde haired chick. “You can call out my name later beautiful. It’s Desire,” he said with a wink before walking forward, attempting to add a bit of swagger in his step…which probably resulted in him looking as if he was limping.[/fieldbox]

Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea took the scolding from the faunus girl as to be honest, it was deserved. She gave a sheepish smile and once again apologized before a few seconds latter, Niyol fell out of nowhere hitting the red haired boy and taking him down. She brought a hand to her mouth and gave a small laugh before she'd reach over and offer her hand to help Niyol up. "Nice entrance Niyol, you really stuck the landing" she said before looking to the red haired boy as he spoke to her, raising her eyebrow as she looked at him for a moment. "I would call your name, if I wasn't to busy laughing" she replied before she dusted off her combat outfit. She looked between them after Desire mentioned looking for the temple, having an idea which might help them, "I might be able to save us some time with that" she said before taking Deaths Crescendo into her hands, holding it like a guitar. Looking at it initially it didn't appear to have any strings, but as two bits of metal on either side of the weapon popped up, strings of energy would connect together. "I would put your fingers in your ears if I were you, it's about to get really loud" she would warn before giving the weapon a single strum, the speaker letting out a loud boom of sound that rippled the air around them. She used her semblance and listened carefully, closing her eyes as she took feedback from the environment the waves touched. Eventually she'd open them again with a confident smile, "I can't say for sure but I got a good reading of a structure north east of here, I'm willing to bet it's the temple" she said before the weapon returned to it's docile state, hanging behind her once more.

• Love
ueFlh0J.png
"Y
ou can see for yourself... That's not a sheep, it's a ram. It has horns..."

- Antoine De Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
tree-divider-dark-grey-hi_zpsfjpxjq0r.png~320x480

Niyol let out a small yelp of surprise when he felt his body get shoved over. His eyes jolted open involuntarily. "I don't think that's how you treat injured people," he chuckled at the redhead. To be honest, injured was an overstatement. Other than a few scratches and the residing vertigo that accompanied the fall, he was otherwise unscathed - something that could probably be attributed to landing on a certain someone. Still, it was easy to say that he was just the tinniest bit miffed at Mr. Redhead's rather nonchalant behavior. Though, he didn't let it bother him too much. With a smile, the teen took Lea's hand and hoisted himself up. "The landing is indeed a good seventy percent of the fall, right? Though it helps when you have a squishy landing pad," he said lightly with an offhand glance at Desire. "My name's Niyol. Niyol Tate. Hope we get along these next couple years," he said, regarding the whole party. Niyol then took a moment to brush himself off, scattering leaves everywhere. 'I guess that's what happened when you take a sail through the treetops,' he joked silently to himself as he tugged a few stubborn twigs out of his hair and poncho. He took a brief moment to study his new teammates. Lea, whom he had already met, Mr. Desire Redhead, whom he had fallen on, and another girl who... Had cat ears. 'Hm... Reminds me of Ki...' his eyes lingered for a moment.

Niyol broke out of his observations when Lea spoke up about finding the temple. His face lit up a little when he saw the familiar figure of Death's Crescendo. After witnessing the blonde wield the weapon, he was more than curious to see what else it was capable of. At her warning, he lightly cupped his ears with the palms of his hands. He observed the "strings" of energy that she conjured a muted awe. "Wait, just how loud does it ge- OH GOD," Niyol visibly flinched when Lea brought her hand down onto the strings. He instantly clamped his hands over his ears tighter, but even so, the vibrations seemed to linger in his jaw. Once the vibrations fizzled to a soft buzz and disappeared, he tentatively removed his hands, still mildly shaken. "I'm glad that we're on the same team," he noted with a soupy look.
imageedit_5_6017094392_zpswhmqlmnb.png~320x480

• Love
TaHSICl.png

Listening carefully to what Hazel had to say he looked down to see he constantly putting her finger on his chest. He began to wonder what the point behind that gesture was. He knew that if he was out of his armor it would make him recoil due to the girls nails but he couldn't even feel it on his chest. Thinking about saying something about he kept his mouth shut as she seemed to go off even more so than before. Nodding his head as he listed he crossed his arms. When she got to the point of his landing once more he narrowed his eyes. He was about to say "Occupational Hazard' but realized that his position was one of a girl already ready to attack and ravage his body in a violent way. As much as he would just shrug it off he wasn't ready to get his armor scratched or anyone hurt. He knew he had already done that enough times with his... lateness...

"What do I bring to the table. That is to be seen. An architect and wizard never plays his best hands at the beginning." He added with a nod. He was trying not to be snobby but the way he was raised was to be very professional and straight forward. Then again, his training was militaristic at best during his time following his parents. So, his personality in the field was clashing with Hazel which he had expected from the beginning considering now his armor picked up who she was. "Ah.. Right then. I understand." He said with a nod connecting the dots in a wrong direction. He came to the conclusion that the feud between the families was causing her irrational anger towards him. He wasn't wrong to be acting the way he was...? They had to get moving or be forced to battle their way through whatever was coming. Either way he had no choice now but to deal with their slower pace... even if he was going to start freaking out.

Turning his head "You will not have to worry about me." He directed at Connie before turning his head once more "Its nice to meet you." He commented before following behind Hazel at an agonizing mid paced travel speed. He wanted to open the throttle and make a straight line at his top speed which... was all he could do. He would run slower than the average person but could travel like a tank in a straight line. That was something to work on. Changing directions at those high speeds was not an easy and safe thing to do. Either way he continued behind the group looking around. The soulless lenses gazing lifelessly back and forth as the helmeted head continued its turn. "I apologize for my actions. It is hard for me to slow down after recent events. My inability to get to locations on time has cost me dearly." He said through the suit. Even through the mechanical voice the words were said in an almost empty fashion. Whatever it was caused Prussian to almost loose all emotion he had once more. "Moving on..." He spoke out once more.

@redlemonaide @WhiteAngel @NewKingofDrangleic

She hasn't sure how many times she'd sighed at this point, but Tabitha chose to indulge herself yet again. Two clumsy oafs and a lech, just exactly the people she needed. At the very least, she could always abandon this ship and try to find others more to her liking, but she figured that could wait until they reached their destination. Of course, she probably wasn't endearing herself to them with her bitchiness and lack of holding back looks of disgust and annoyance, but after being in disguise for so long, she wasn't exactly in the mood to sugar-coat her emotions.

Then the blonde whipped out a guitar-shaped thing and mentioned something about covering their ears. "You can't be--!!" With only a split moment left, Tabitha flattened her ears and clutched the sound of her head, but it did little to soften the sonic assault that smashed her senses apart. With a shriek the faunus fell to her knees, the reverberation of that disastrous note bouncing around her skull with the intensity. By the time the echoes of pain ceased, she could vaguely hear something about the temple. "Was that really necessary?" She demanded, tears having formed in the corners of her eyes. She had been certain that today would have been a good day for her, but here she was, cradling a headache and looking like a fool.

If she didn't get a chance to abandon these fools, she would make them pay, that she vowed.

[fieldbox="Desire Indo, red, solid"]Desire continued walking, not bothering to pay attention to the words being said behind him. The only thing that concerned him was the temple and he wouldn’t let a couple klutzes hold him back. It wasn’t until the hot girl spoke about them plugging their ears that he halted and turned around. “It’s about to get loud? What do you mean?” His question was soon answered as Magnolia gave a single strum to her…thing. Desire’s hands reflexively shot to his ears as he grits his teeth. Well, he couldn’t complain, she did warn them after all. Once the sound faded Desire removed his hands and shook his head, then tugged on his right earlobe. “Well I already knew where the temple was, but I guess we can go your way to humor you and all, Ms. Vibrations.” His tone came across sarcastic, but light-hearted at the same time. He looked between Niyol and Tabitha as they spoke, and then released a breath after seeing the state Tabitha was in. Desire couldn’t stand seeing a damsel in distress. Not only that, but she was a teammate, and a person. Desire was arrogant, not heartless. Kneeling down, he offered his hand to help her up. “Are you alright?” he spoke, trying to keep that balance with a soft tone while remaining audible, just in case her ears were still sensitive. He would even offer a smile.[/fieldbox]

Ki was caught off guard by Prussian's tempo and his words. Ki sighed shaking his head, he felt Hazel's anger boil over and put his ears back in preperation, sure enough it was a scolding one would seldom forget. It was definitely one well deserved as well, Prussian did have a bad attitude at first, but maybe sensing the gravitas of Hazel's words Prussian would understand... He stayed behind with his partner looking at the armor up and down he smiled at the man beside him "Hey it's alright, you're obviously someone who needs to keep a certain rhythm going, and need to get places quickly. Hazel was just blowing off steam because it's a partner exercise, I'm Yuerquin by the way but just call me Ki." The faunus was still confused by the way Prussian had spoken to them but let it go, it would come out later if he wanted to talk about it. However Ki did walk up next to Hazel and Connie for a bit "So, we all need to keep calm despite what's happened, yeah he was dumb in doing what he did, but blowing up at him around here isn't going to help either, we're in deep right now. Beasts, and Grimm no doubt infest these woods, we should tread carefully...and quieter than we have been." He gave Hazel a reassuring smile and a gentle smile, he looked to Connie and gave her a nod "Good or ill I'm stuck with him, so I'm going to make the most of it, and if he does something like that again." The green and blue eyed faunus patted the weapon on his back " It'll be nice to see how heavy duty that armor is."

He started looking around, Ki's ears still down, now forward as well, he felt off now. Partly due to the negative emotions swirling around and due to the fact they could be attacked. His left hand went back up to the hilt of his blade and he turned his head so that he looked back at Prussian " Hey, partner you want to take up point or rearguard positioning, I don't like how the feeling in the air has shifted." He says waiting for the reply. Ki fell back inbetween the girls and his partner so that they could keep the noise to a minimum. He decided to take his blade off his back, the double barreled greatsword felt light in his hands but he knew the exact weight was sometimes very taxing in prolonged battle, hopefully whatever could be watching them/lurking out there won't be something that difficult yet.

• Love
Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea turned to see that those she was with looked a little jarred from the vibrations. She gave another sheepish smile which faded into an apologetic expression, "Sorry, I forget sometimes how it effects others. I'm still learning to control it... " she said, her cheeks a tinge of red from slight embarrassment. She watched as desire helped up the faunus girl, she hadn't compensated for her sensitivity which made her feel slightly worse about it. "I... sorry again, I'll just... not, do anything... " she looked uncomfortable and unsure what to do to make it right so just decided to remain quiet. After everyone was ready she would follow with them towards the temple which wasn't too far ahead. While they walked she thought a bit more about her semblance and her weapon, an instrument made for pure destruction of her enemies. She now found herself worrying about being apart of a team and how she could fight without harming them in the process. The young girl let out a small breath before she started to sing quietly to herself; she had a beautiful voice and it came naturally which served to explain to some degree how her aura and semblance came to represent sound. Eventually they came upon the temple and Lea brightened up a bit.

Desire continued walking, not bothering to pay attention to the words being said behind him. The only thing that concerned him was the temple and he wouldn’t let a couple klutzes hold him back. It wasn’t until the hot girl spoke about them plugging their ears that he halted and turned around. “It’s about to get loud? What do you mean?” His question was soon answered as Magnolia gave a single strum to her…thing. Desire’s hands reflexively shot to his ears as he grits his teeth. Well, he couldn’t complain, she did warn them after all. Once the sound faded Desire removed his hands and shook his head, then tugged on his right earlobe. “Well I already knew where the temple was, but I guess we can go your way to humor you and all, Ms. Vibrations.” His tone came across sarcastic, but light-hearted at the same time. He looked between Niyol and Tabitha as they spoke, and then released a breath after seeing the state Tabitha was in. Desire couldn’t stand seeing a damsel in distress. Not only that, but she was a teammate, and a person. Desire was arrogant, not heartless. Kneeling down, he offered his hand to help her up. “Are you alright?” he spoke, trying to keep that balance with a soft tone while remaining audible, just in case her ears were still sensitive. He would even offer a smile.
Lea turned to see that those she was with looked a little jarred from the vibrations. She gave another sheepish smile which faded into an apologetic expression, "Sorry, I forget sometimes how it effects others. I'm still learning to control it... " she said, her cheeks a tinge of red from slight embarrassment. She watched as desire helped up the faunus girl, she hadn't compensated for her sensitivity which made her feel slightly worse about it. "I... sorry again, I'll just... not, do anything... " she looked uncomfortable and unsure what to do to make it right so just decided to remain quiet. After everyone was ready she would follow with them towards the temple which wasn't too far ahead. While they walked she thought a bit more about her semblance and her weapon, an instrument made for pure destruction of her enemies. She now found herself worrying about being apart of a team and how she could fight without harming them in the process. The young girl let out a small breath before she started to sing quietly to herself; she had a beautiful voice and it came naturally which served to explain to some degree how her aura and semblance came to represent sound. Eventually they came upon the temple and Lea brightened up a bit.​
Great, now she was being pitied by the lech. Maybe he was just being nice to her, but Tabitha wasn't exactly in any mood to consider anyone's good point. "I'm fine." She grumbled and got to her feet. "Rather not risk having someone else fall on me today." It was funny having to be concerned about such an odd event, but considering she and Desire had definitely experienced that nearly within the exact same moment, she wasn't going to take any risks. Feeding her combat knife back into the case, the faunus crossed her arms. In all honesty, she would have probably abandoned the group by this point after all that, but things had changed. For one, she was fearful about how the other groups would be if these three were any indication. More importantly, however, these three had see a shameful side of her true self and while she doubted they would be able to see through her disguise, her pride would not allow her to progress until they understood just how great she was.

"All right, you louts!" She addressed to the three. "It seems all of us have gotten the chance to look like a complete fool. I wisely suggest that we never speak of this experience again and start anew, beginning with introductions." If that didn't work, she could always resort to blackmail. "Let's start with you, since you have the honor of my partner." Tabitha said, looking over to Lea, whom the faunus would mentally call the 'Ear Destroyer'.

Status
Not open for further replies.