☆RWBY RP: Rescuing Remnant IC☆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea raised her eyebrow as Ozpin gave his speech, finding herself ironically questioning many different things in her mind about herself and the academy. She felt like she understood what he was trying to say or at least she wanted too given the nature of how it was delivered. Another part of her felt that maybe it would become more clear in time, although she couldn't be sure given the cryptic way in which Ozpin had given the speech. Looking around she noticed she wasn't the only one left wondering what to think and she had to say it brought her a little comfort. Lea sighed to herself as she turned, "That's one way to put it" she said in response to Niyol before she began to make her way towards the door, waiting for the bulk of the crowd to move out before moving through it herself. She'd heard many things about Ozpin and his strange ways, not to mention the many great Hunters and Huntresses that had been made under his watchful eye. Maybe this was his method, his genius in action in order to separate those with potential from those without, although she didn't want to believe that the headmaster would open with such a test of the mind. Lea was deep in thought as she walked, contemplating his words over and over before for the third time today she found her thoughts interrupted, looking up to find a girl with a peculiar hairstyle who seemed to know her name. Lea blinked and opened her mouth to reply before Niyol spoke first, causing her to close her mouth again as she gave a small amused smirk at his eagerness and energy.

She politely waited for Niyol to introduce himself before she gave a small nod, taking a step forwards before she spoke, "It seems you already know my name, but to save you allot of effort just call me Lea for short" she said with a smile before she continued, "You're more than welcome to join me, or... us" she said as she looked behind her at the other two for a moment. "And as for the Heterochromia, my friend here is right, I was referring to him" she said, motioning to Ki with a hand. She couldn't deny that this girl was also just as interesting as the others she'd met, her peculiar hair design being among the firs things she'd noticed. She appeared to also be a little taller than her, though she also seemed to have an educated presence about her she found, refreshing.

TaHSICl.png

"A wise man once said... 'Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.' The illusion of knowledge... it is what brought all of you here today. You are here in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and one day... protect the people. You think that one day, instead of questioning, you will be able to know and give all the answers. But sometimes, the questions are more important than the answers. Knowledge is only an illusion of strength. Ignorance is a temporary affliction, remedied only by asking the right questions. There should be no fear in making a mistake; they might not give you the answers... but they will always give you questions for a greater answer."

Listening to those words Prussian sat up slightly and tilted his head realizing that it rang true to him. Never the less he was expecting more from Ozpin than he gave out. As disappointing as it was it was also eye brow raising considering that it was to be a ceremony and not a two second speech and leave. Even with the thoughts going through his head Prussian set it all aside and began to move himself around to stand up. Placing the backpack on the ground with an audible thud he stood up and turned to Hazel who was talking to him. Having realized that she was in fact talking to him he only got a few words of what she was saying. "Ill catch up with you in a bit." was all he heard and he nodded. Finally picking up the backpack he swung it over his shoulders nearly hitting the person behind him before making his way out of the aisle.

Turning just as he was almost out he nearly hit another person with his back pack. He let out a chuckle and turned again finally to get his way out. His eyes flashed for a second as he felt the jolt of static electricity release safely into the backpack. Taking a second before continuing he heard a little of the conversation behind him before deciding not to get involved. Leaving the Auditorium he began to make his way into the area in which they would sleep. Being one of the first to arrive as he decided not to socialize he sat down near an electrical socket and began to take his backpack off. Next came part of his combat uniform that seemed to compress slightly as the glow along the stitching died down.

He took out of his combat uniform a wrench and a piece of metal that he set down next to the electrical socket. To those watching him it must have seemed like a insane circus as he began to remove more and more from the interior of both the backpack and top of his combat uniform. Finally settling down he opened the backpacks main container and pulled out a large black backpack shaped object. Moving his hands around it he found that after sitting for so long he hadn't gathered enough energy to give box enough of a jolt. Turning to his left he reached down and took a deep breath. Turning the metal object so the pointy end was facing the electrical socket he jabbed it into it make his eyes almost glow blue.

He felt his entire body almost jolt full of electricity in a second. Although this type of energy was short lasting he knew it would serve its purpose for the time being and that a reliable source for the night was next to him. The smell of hot copper wiring began to fill his little corner making him take a deep inhale "Ahh... I love the smell of.. copper." He said before laughing and putting both hands on the black box looking object. Placing it back into the backpack he put both hands on the backpack and concentrated once more. A flash arched over his back and into his arms before streaming into the backpack. When he began to pull his hand away the backpack was already beginning to form over his hands almost like a cascading form of metal. Pulling his hand back the metal sucked back into the backpack almost like a magnet. Pulling the backpack over to his right side it put his arm over it and began to lean on that side.

Ki listened to the speech but wasn't too impressed with it, he was actually more disappointed with it than anything else. He heard that Ozpin was a very influential speaker and this seemed almost half-assed, he was turning towards the others when he noticed Hazel walking up. He smiled and took her hand "that would be me, guy with the weird eyes as most people say rather than saying that it's neat or cool or anything." He shakes her hand gently "I'm Yuerquin Concordia but for the sake of things just call me Ki, everyone else does." He looked at her hair when she pointed to it "Wow I never met anyone else who had different colored hair too, and your hair is all the way back while mine is in patches...cool." He says while looking at her hair. "Guess we're all headed to the ballroom, care to join us on the way?"

(Only time I can do anything at work is today {saturday} cause I have access to a computer also it's gonna be short due to not exactly being allowed to do this)

Last edited by a moderator:
ueFlh0J.png
"D
raw me a sheep..."

- Antoine De Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
tree-divider-dark-grey-hi_zpsfjpxjq0r.png~320x480

Niyol was happy enough to find a spot in the crowd where he could see the stage without having to stand up on his toes or strain his neck. So, when he and Lea were approached by another, rather interesting figure, he was once again struck with a case of curiosity. The very first thing he noticed was that the person was tall. From the tops of their heads, Niyol could gauge that there was about a foot of height in between them. The second thing he noticed was his hair. It wasn't everyday that he met another male who also sported a ponytail, despite his own being more out of laziness than actual appearances. And the third thing that struck curiosity in his head was actually explained by Lea - his eyes. The people from Niyol's hometown happened to be very plain people. Just moving to the heart of Vale had been a bit of a cultural shock and from what he had seen so far, Beacon was certainly the place to find the most interesting crop of it all. However, just as he opened his mouth to introduce himself, a voice began to emulate from the stage.

The opening ceremony had been... Astonishingly curt and to the point.

The slight delay with Ozpin walking offstage peaked some confusion for Niyol. Still, he came back and simply started talking as if he had just never left. The man's words were somehow ominous with a hopeful lilt. It wasn't an awe-inspiring, boastful speech, nor was it quiet and gravelly. Yet the fact that it was devoid of such qualities just made the whole speech sit oddly in Niyol's stomach. At the end he gave a few complimentary claps, but then dropped his arms to his sides, turning to Lea and Ki.

"Well... That was dandy..." he shrugged. Students were shuffling around here and there, all heading to the exit, despite just having entered a little while ago. Then, another girl approached the group. She was certainly a point of interest, as pointed out by her own gesture to her two toned hair. 'Is dual color a trend or something?' he mused to himself. "If you're talking about the het... hetreo... stereo... Chroma... Iridim... The eye thingy, it would be this guy here," he said, gesturing to Ki. "I'm Niyol by the way," he added, addressing both Ki and the new girl. "Though, some people do call me by Nylon. Nice to meet ya," Niyol smiled brightly.

imageedit_5_6017094392_zpswhmqlmnb.png~320x480
Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea raised her eyebrow as Ozpin gave his speech, finding herself ironically questioning many different things in her mind about herself and the academy. She felt like she understood what he was trying to say or at least she wanted too given the nature of how it was delivered. Another part of her felt that maybe it would become more clear in time, although she couldn't be sure given the cryptic way in which Ozpin had given the speech. Looking around she noticed she wasn't the only one left wondering what to think and she had to say it brought her a little comfort. Lea sighed to herself as she turned, "That's one way to put it" she said in response to Niyol before she began to make her way towards the door, waiting for the bulk of the crowd to move out before moving through it herself. She'd heard many things about Ozpin and his strange ways, not to mention the many great Hunters and Huntresses that had been made under his watchful eye. Maybe this was his method, his genius in action in order to separate those with potential from those without, although she didn't want to believe that the headmaster would open with such a test of the mind. Lea was deep in thought as she walked, contemplating his words over and over before for the third time today she found her thoughts interrupted, looking up to find a girl with a peculiar hairstyle who seemed to know her name. Lea blinked and opened her mouth to reply before Niyol spoke first, causing her to close her mouth again as she gave a small amused smirk at his eagerness and energy.

She politely waited for Niyol to introduce himself before she gave a small nod, taking a step forwards before she spoke, "It seems you already know my name, but to save you allot of effort just call me Lea for short" she said with a smile before she continued, "You're more than welcome to join me, or... us" she said as she looked behind her at the other two for a moment. "And as for the Heterochromia, my friend here is right, I was referring to him" she said, motioning to Ki with a hand. She couldn't deny that this girl was also just as interesting as the others she'd met, her peculiar hair design being among the firs things she'd noticed. She appeared to also be a little taller than her, though she also seemed to have an educated presence about her she found, refreshing.

[fieldbox="Hazel Grimhilde, gold"]

"If you're talking about the-" the boy stumbled over the term for a moment. It was arguably adorable, and Hazel found it hard not to correct him with a smile. "The eye thingy, it would be-"

"This guy here."

"I was referring to him."

"That would be me," Eventually, Hazel caught up with the direction of the conversation and her eyes landed on the pair that didn't match. "Guy with the weird eyes, as most people say rather than saying that it's neat or cool or anything. I'm Yuerquin Concordia but for the sake of things just call me Ki, everyone else does," Ki said as he shook her hand. Unlike his, her grip was firm and she gave him a jostle with her shake, but she was glad he did so - she really hoped she hadn't insulted the other guy. He hadn't offered his hand, but he had offered his own nickname. That was a good sign, right?

Her smile was hopefully sincere, but she felt it vividly across her face at so many people responding so well to her. She thought back about Prussian's less than ecstatic attitude and obsessive behavior and she hoped, again, that she hadn't bothered some total stranger but made a friend and that he was okay - he seemed all right to her - but she dragged her thoughts back to the people in front of her. "It's nice to meet you all. I'm Hazel. Call me whatever you like, as long as it's not out of spite. And you're Ki... Lea... and Nylon?" She paused to give him a chance to explain that particular nickname if there was a story behind it. She liked it! It suited his face, she thought, it just wasn't one she expected.. being hosiery and all.

"Sorry, I'm terrible with names. Well, that's not true, but mostly because I like to make sure I've got them. I remember weird stuff, though. Liiiike... heterochromia of the eyes and hair are supposed to be pigment mutations, right? But, supposedly, if it's more patchwork, like our hair," she gestured between herself and Yeurquin, "it can actually be from two different sets of DNA residing within the same body. I guess it makes more sense for you since that's one of the theories behind the origin of the faunus, too - if it's alright that I say so, I don't mean anything by it."

Great. She was screwing up left and right here. This is what happened when you spent time out of school, you became an unintelligible trope of mistakes. She sighed and apologized for her nervousness. Again.

[/fieldbox]

Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea couldn't help but stifle a laugh as Hazel called Niyol Nylon, covering her mouth with a hand a little before she refocused in on the conversation between Hazel and Ki, finding it to be an interesting topic as they conversed among themselves. Eventually she decided to comment when it seemed Hazel was looking flustered, "Hey, don't worry about it just relax" she said with a soft smile, trying to reassure her that she wouldn't receive any kind of ridicule just for a simple mistake, especially when it more than likely came from the nerves of introducing yourself to new people. She took a look around as the crowds continued to disperse, becoming more and more aware of the fact they didn't have anywhere else to go. It didn't matter though, conversing and meeting new people was always a thing she enjoyed doing so she was content with things for now. Latter that night she found herself a spot in the hall, placing her things down before sliding herself into a sleeping bag before resting her head back onto her arms as she stared up at the ceiling. She wondered what this year would contain for her, and the many different experiences that she'd learn, assuming she past the entry exam. With a sigh she turned to her side before closing her eyes, tomorrow would be a whole new day and she was sure it'd be when the year truly began.

[fieldbox="Desire Indo, red, solid"]The airship ride was quite boring. Desire sat back with his goggles on, eyes trailing along the different people there. There were quite a few cuties there, the sight of them giving Desire ideas of a new feature for X-23. He smirked before allowing his eyes to slip elsewhere, onto some people who didn’t look to be much of a challenge in any area, but as his eyes continued moving he would catch sight of some that did. It was fine. Women loved guys who were smart and tough, so Desire outdoing those people would just further push the notion that he was both. The smirk became smugger as the ride went on.

Desire, like the true gentlemen he was, would allow the women to step off the airship before him. He would then step off the airship, heading off towards the academy. Before walking inside he would halt and look up at the large school. He had seen large buildings before, some more impressive than beacon, but a sense of awe still filled him at the sight. Desire walked inside, not taking too long to find the hall where the ceremony was being held. Desire would remain standing, leaning against a wall with crossed arms.

Waiting for the ceremony to begin, he allowed his eyes to travel around again. He spotted a pretty blonde haired lady in the hall, one he hadn’t seen before. Or had he? He thought back then shook his head. Nope, he hadn’t. He definitely would have remembered a body such as that one. His ogling and subliminal thoughts caused him to miss most of the speech. Something something wise men, something something illusions and questions, and then there was something about gathering in the ballroom before initiation. At least he caught that bit; else he would have had no idea what to do next.

Taking a step forward to go and speak to the woman he was admiring, he halted. She was already talking to a few people, and as such he would give her some space. He was a gentleman after all, and gentlemen knew when to give women their space, otherwise he would be headed into creep territory. Plus, he didn’t want to give her any drama. Women fawned over him, possibly a bit too much for his liking. They would get so jealous that they’d attack the women he spoke to, even if it was a hello. But that was the cost of being as good looking and as charming as him. Yeah, none of that is just in his head at all.

Desire decided he wouldn’t go and converse with anyone for the rest of the day. He figured it would be best to keep an air of mystery around him until people saw his skills. No one would know who he was until then, and then the mysterious feel would allure all the females to his presence. At the very least most. So at night he was one of the first to claim a spot and place down all his things, eager for the next today. Before he would settle down into his sleeping bag like the others, he took out a picture from his pack. His eyes softened and any signs of smugness in his face escaped.

“Goodnight you two,” he whispered to the two females in the picture before placing the picture back into his pack. He slid into his sleeping bag, closing his eyes with a sigh before drifting off into a sleep. Tomorrow was the day…[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Lavand Gias, plum, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]“Tabitha,” he repeated with a slight nod as he released the handshake and followed her gaze. The “usual” entrances seemed no less packed than they had a few moments ago and he nodded once again at her reply. “In that case, I’ll see you around then.” He slung his bag over both shoulders like a backpack and took a few steps away from her. With a parting wave, Lavand crouched for a second and then leapt over the heads of the departing students.

It was a good thing that the staff had already cleared out otherwise he probably would have gotten in trouble; he certainly was anything but subtle at that point. His feet just barely missed the railing that lined the seating area, but a hand reached out to halt his descent before he dropped the remaining distance and landed with a soft thump. Without an aside glance, he made for the nearest entrance, albeit at a rather casual pace.

Given that his exit hadn’t been used much, Lavand was able to quickly beeline away from the Amphitheatre and the crowds that would form as those inside made their way out. With tonight’s destination already announced he figured that it’d be prudent to both drop off his bags and stake his claim at the same time.

A few moments later, thanks to his Scroll which was proving its worth, and Lavand was free to explore more of the school’s grounds unburdened.
@CasketCase
[/fieldbox]

“Tabitha,” he repeated with a slight nod as he released the handshake and followed her gaze. The “usual” entrances seemed no less packed than they had a few moments ago and he nodded once again at her reply. “In that case, I’ll see you around then.” He slung his bag over both shoulders like a backpack and took a few steps away from her. With a parting wave, Lavand crouched for a second and then leapt over the heads of the departing students.
"Farewell" Was he truly a man of few words, or simply just boring? She wasn't entirely sure, but her interest quickly waned into indifference. With Lavand's departure, she found herself studying some of the others. Much like her earlier assessment, there was nothing special about them, especially now that the surge of anxiety and excitement had faded with the ceremony. Of prominence was a handful of people discussing heterochromia, no doubt gushing over someone who had them like they were some special little snowflake. It was with that thought that Tabitha decided that it was time for her to make an exit. Passing the time silently being condescending to others was dandy and all, but she had to search for a suitable place to sleep.

Her decision made, the plain and gloomy girl arose from her seat and gathered her only belongings: a canvas messenger bag and a duffel bag with a pair of boots tied to it. Securing both, the girl left the central row of seats and made her way towards one of the exits in particular. Tabitha's sleeping arrangements would have be in a place with a bit more privacy, considering her current situation. Then again, she probably would have preferred them even if she didn't have to disguise herself. Who knew what horrid behaviors the others displayed under the cover of night.

Ki smiled as Hazel shook his hand with vigor "Ah guess I shouldn't have tried to be a gentleman with you huh?" He asks chuckling, there was nothing off about his voice he was making a small joke. "Well crowds thinning to the point where we almost can get out of here soon." He was looking over the heads of a few people, the crowd was still decently sized but people were moving out at a good pace, he saw that administrators standing to the sides not really doing much. They must be used to dealing with more students then just however many of us there are. He looked to the others and at the few others still waiting as well, he still could only feel the excitement and the trepidation of the other new students, as well as a small flutter of regret and sadness mixed in now. Wish I could actually tell who is feeling what in a crowd this large. He did regret it himself that he needed this help to focus this power of his. "Hazel, Nyol, Lea you guys wanna keep hanging out after we get out of here?" He asks, taking his hat off and putting it in the small bag he has on his back. His ear flicked as he smiles to them, it felt good to not have them flat against his head all the time, it kept him on edge when he did so.

It was initiation day. The first-year students were all lined up on the launching pads, Emerald Forest awaiting them forth and below. It extended away from the Beacon Cliffs and seemed to stem for miles. Ozpin had recently finished informing the first-years about the initiation. About how teams were formed, that the first person they made eye contact with after landing would be their partner for the next four years. As well informing that on their way to the northern end of the forest, that they will be met with opposition. To not hesitate to destroy everything in their path, else they’d die. The time given for them to process the information wasn’t very long as Ozpin would interrupt their thoughts, asking if they had any question. Before anyone could ask something, whether anyone spoke up or not, he would say, ”Good. Now, take your positions.”

One by one would the launching pads begin launching the students into the forest.

(Because @Shadowy got lazy, I have permission to advance shit. I am literally the messiah, you're welcome my peasants <3)

Reactions: redlemonaide
Surprisingly, not many students were chomping at the bit to get to the launch pad. Confusion over the assignment and how easily the Headmaster blew them off? Cold feet, or perhaps they were plain chicken? It didn't matter much to her.

While she forced herself to play the role of the plain and demure, this assignment did allow her some freedom to...express herself, so it was all the more reason to bend the rules a bit and make her way to the launch pad. For a moment, Tabitha wondered what the others saw when they looked upon the emotionless girl who was still clad in her school uniform, as opposed to their combat attire, jump ahead of them all. It was pity she could not pick their brains and sate her curiosity, but it probably wouldn't have been too interesting anyway.

She figured others might have tried for some position designed to ensure a safe landing, but she merely straightened her messenger bag before seeking out the one in charge of the launch pads. "I'm ready..."

Pdmknyv.png

Lea walked up towards her launch pad, Deaths Crescendo laying horizontally against her back with it's strap wrapped around the length of her arm. She awaited the signal and took deep breaths, focusing her mind as she prepared for the dangers ahead. Thankfully she'd gotten decent sleep the night before and felt well rested, which was more than she could say than other students who she saw hadn't been so lucky. She was concerned about a variety of different things with this test, but she knew within herself it was merely her nerves trying to get the best of her. The young girl looked to those who were beside her, giving confident smiles to them before she looked ahead of her. "Here goes nothing... " she said to herself.

[fieldbox="Hazel Grimhilde, #FFCC00"]

H3q1krr.png

"Relax," Lea told her. Hazel found the advice reproachful, almost like someone telling her to calm down. If she'd been a man...

"I am relaxed," she grumbled. It may have come across more like whine. Either way, the joke was either clear or too quiet, so they started moving through the crowds on the way out, a student holding back what was left so the four of them could make their escape. The girl found a yawn stretching her jaw and couldn't help doing the same with her arms. "Ugh, I hope they have mattresses in the hall."

The heterochromatic boy spoke-up, "Hazel, Nyol, Lea you guys wanna keep hanging out after we get out of here?"

Hazel dropped her arms "Oh, yeah!" she answered. Casually. "Sorry, just a long trip, ya know. No, definitely. No matter how we get paired up, we'll still be taking classes together and everything, so hunters gotta stick together right? It's really only efficient." One couldn't be more chill. "I am meeting back up with a friend later, and I do want to meet a couple more would-be teammates and would-be rivals and all. Gather intel, right?" Yet, she still felt weird saying the words aloud - she was sure it didn't show, Hazel was nothing if not a master of her emotions.

As they made it to the hall, she noted immediately with a groan that several of the students already had sleeping bags out. Juuuuuust great. She looked over the heads for the tall bluenette she'd met earlier. He seemed to be set-up near some other boys as if sections of the room were collected by gender, though it didn't appear to be intentional - not something out of fear of cooties, just men getting along better with men and women getting along better with women - and decided to break-up this particular corner a bit, tossing her bag between him and a vibrantly-hued redhead who was snuggled so hard into a backpack he looked almost deformed. Adorable, he forgot his teddy bear. So she turned her attention back to the mad scientist. "Hey," she said, smooth as always. "Care if I sleep here? These are some friends I've made so far. Niyol, Yeurquin, and Magnolia." The bespectacled woman did take the time to point each one out as she started unfolding her stuff. "Guys, this is Prussian. Ignore him as needed - you'll know what I mean. From the heart," she added with a gesture theatrically signifying her sincerity.

Chatter started up between everyone easily, but Hazel couldn't say how much she had participated. Within minutes, she was out. Like, out out. Corpse-like dead body out. As redundant as that statement was, she was that heavily asleep. Granted, that, too, probably didn't stop her from participating in the conversation. Just... deliriously. Maybe she'd hear about it from the other participants in the morning.

~~~

When Ozpin went over the rules of the initiation, she was already good to go. His speech before hadn't been very impressive, so she was set when she was the first one shot out the gate and into the sky with a pumped battle-cry that dissipated into adrenaline-thrilled laughter. Okay, who was she kidding? She was not playing it casual, chill, cool, smooth, or whatever one wanted to call it. The girl was crazy! And excited. Ready to give 'em all she got, she didn't even start looking for her partner, but a way to make a splash upon landing. A small river that peered into view on the other side of some trees was perfect.

Flipping in the air a couple of times to deviate her velocity, she splayed her arms and legs out fully, slowing herself down enough that she could get her angle straight. Sliding the leather-biding across her hips, she opened her book. The pages tried to whip about, but she knew exactly what she needed and didn't give them the chance. Her fingers brushed across the page, picking-up dust and the infused enchantments with it, grabbing the marker so it slipped out with them as she shut the thing back up, all mid-flight. She threw the ribbon around her head, spinning in between her fingers like a lasso until letting it go, and the crystal on the end, into the river directly below her, watching it as it became nothing but a black dot in comparison, blue against blue, until piercing the thing white. That colorless shade bubbled up immediately, a much larger splash than something of its size should've made as the explosion ripped up and wrapped around her legs, gathering her into its cushion with an audible "Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!!" from the girl - not unlike a certain bouncity tiger from childhood television and bedtime books she wasn't supposed to be watching or reading. Her hand whipped around herself, sending the geiser into a gentle spiral on it's way down.

Back in the river, Hazel shot a fist in the air with exalted pride. Damn! She was good! That is, if she didn't puncture the bubble she had formed around herself. She pulled her hand back to her lips just before she could find out exactly what sort of fallout that would have, giggling, "Oops."

[/fieldbox]

OwepEBS.jpg

After a sociable night with clay, the two of them eventually had to rest for their main event tomorrow. Connie watched laying down on her pillow as the room grew darker and darker before the pitch black hit her and she was out like a light. Her dreams were like her usual ones. Full of happy, sad, conflicting and oncoming thoughts of what the next day would bring but it didn't stop the girl from getting her needed rest. Connie would need all the energy she had as she'd have to prove her worth to the academy to ensure her place here. She didn't come all this way to fail now.

"alright...matinence check is done...both forms in order" she murmured to herself as she changed into her clothes for the day. She holstered her gauntlets back into their previous bracer form as she headed out the locker rooms after preparing what would be needed. Next thing Connie would know is that she'd be on a launch pad with many many students. Looking out over the horizon it was a near endless forest full of who knows what but that was all part of the test.

"Let's begin..." Was all Connie said to herself before feeling her launch pad shoot her off into the sky above. Taking a slow and careful breath she felt the wind blowing her hair around as well as against her body. The decent soon came upon her as her weapons first form re-emerged as she held out both her arms eyeing a nearby thick oak tree branch as she felt the fingers dig in and grip the bark as she came to a dead stop. "....wahoo! What a rush!" She smiles giggling to herself before calming down as she pulled herself off the branch and felt her feet connect with the ground "ok! Let's go see if I can find my team and get what we came for here" Connie smiled softly before walking through the many trees and bushes of the forest.

TaHSICl.png

Half listening to the instructions Prussian nodded still not weilding his weapon which brought many looks from others around him. He just shook them all off before stepping up near the launch pad. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes before his hair began to stand up at the electromagnetic wave he released. The noise of whirling and sudden gears moving began to fill the air around his person before the entire backpack began to change shape. A large metal ring surrounded his hip before a metallic liquid like substance began to snake its way up his body as if following the electrical currents he was pulseing through his body. Within ten seconds the metal solidified and began to take shape once more.

What once was Prussian now stood a metallic figure nearly eight inches taller and encased in metal. The two empty sockets that would be eyes lit up a bright blue before dimming. Taking the few seconds before launch he began to go over a last chance systems check. Beginning to laugh he held a hand up as the Heads up display began to display more and more information. He moved his arms out infront of him and began to move the plates around on his arms before returning them to their normal shape. With everything appearing to be in optimal condition he readied himself for the launch. Now focused on what was going on he sent one last command through the suit. A song began to play inside of the helmet of the Armor.

The sudden launch left him vulnerable for a split second before he gathered his senses and began to plot out his trajectory. Having no thoughts of extending his launch or changing his course he began to descend down towards the ground after a short flight time. Approaching the groudn his armor began to open up as if flaps were folding out the sides significantly decreasing his fall speed. As the ground came up qucikly the armor came together again before jets of fire began to erupt from the hands and feet slowing his fall to almost nothing at all. As he touched down he stepped out of the thrusters and began to move at the top speed allowed by his armor.

Now on the ground he wanted to get as far from his touch down point as possible following his mother and fathers own training and hunting techniques. Knowing full well that noise attracts anything that may or may not be around them and even... another person. The last thing he wanted was to attract another person but he knew that noise was inescapeable. The noise generated by his footfalls would alone attract attention to him but getting away from the area of light would be a good first step. With that in mind he began to pick up his speed more. Unsure of what direction to head he moved north form his insertion point.​

• Love
Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

When it came to her turn she took a single steadying breath before her body was flung into the air. She made no sound, chant or cry as she sailed through the air, reaching an apex before she began to decent towards the ground again. She closed her eyes as the wind whipped against her face, her hair wildly trailing behind her in the slipstream of her decent before she forwards rolled, Death's Crescendo pulling from her back before letting out a deep sonic boom, causing the ground beneath her to crack as the force propelled her back a bit before gravity pulled her down again at a reasonable speed. She still rolled as she hit the ground before accelerating through the forest. Her mind wasn't particularly set on finding someone, guessing it'd happen sooner or latter given they all had the same objective. She could only hope they kept their eyes open and stayed safe. Lea let Deaths Crescendo lay horizontally against her back as it had done before, a moment away from being summoned should she encounter anything that would seek to harm her or prevent her from completing her task.

The ground beneath her feet jerked and Tabitha found herself embracing the wide open skies. The feeling of weightlessness, the rushing air blowing past her hair and skin, it all felt so exhilarating. Despite needing to act quickly, the girl allowed herself to enjoy the ride until she reach the zenith of her trip. Once gravity took its toll and sought to reclaim its wayward child would she spring into action. Catching hold of its zipper, she opened her canvas messenger bag all the way, revealing that it was nothing more than the cover to a steel hard-case container. Next came her student uniform, which was promptly taken off in a single swipe through some magical, hand-waving means, and stuffed into the canvas bag.

By the time she hit the tree-tops, it was safe to say that it would be hard to recognize her...not that many probably would have remembered who she was in the first place.

Submerging herself into the flora, her heavy combat boots treaded across the most fragile of branches with little effort as she navigated down to the forest floor in the same casual manner that another would have descending a set of stairs. Unfurling an over-sized coat, she draped it over her small form -which was now garbed in a short, snug shirt and baggy cargo pants- as she went. Reaching lowest of branches, she eased off her semblance and allowed herself to drop to the ground. Her landing complete, all that was left was to pull back her hair into a short ponytail and allow her ears to fully open. An act that would remind her just how long she had been keeping that guise.

She winced, sucking air inward through her teeth which gave the faintest of hissing sounds. "Ow...my poor ears." Tabitha would complain, rubbing them. "Almost makes me just want to drop the whole act..." Of course, that she could not do; not with as people as angry at her as there were at the moment.

She closed her eyes as the wind whipped against her face, her hair wildly trailing behind her in the slipstream of her decent before she forwards rolled, Death's Crescendo pulling from her back before letting out a deep sonic boom, causing the ground beneath her to crack as the force propelled her back a bit before gravity pulled her down again at a reasonable speed.
@Winter

Her self-pity would have to wait. "What was that?! Sounded like...an ursa major having a stroke." Judging by the sudden exodus of birds that now filled the sky above, perhaps she wasn't too off. "Just my luck." Running her hand down one side of her brief case, her thumb found the button she sought and pressed it. Both latches of the hard case popped open for the briefest of moments to shoot out a combat knife, the weapon given a chance to get in a few flips before its owner caught it in a reverse grip.

Despite her gripes, her disguise would have given her the option to rely on others to deal with whatever annoyances she might have came across. As she was now, she would have no choice but to rely on herself until she reach her destination and was forced to hide herself yet again. Then again, she was probably better than most of the chumps here.

"Now let's see what that noise was."

There was a reason they often say that curiosity killed the cat, you know.

[fieldbox="Desire Indo, red, solid"]Desire was quite pleased at his position on the launching pads. Not one of the first ones to be sent off so it gave him time to analyze most people’s positions and possibly their landing strategies. Yet, he wouldn’t be one of the last ones to be sent off which gave him more of a head start in the forest. He knew it was about teamwork but he couldn’t help gratifying the thought of finding the temple first and leading his future team there. He smirked, and then before he knew it was flinging through the air. He cried out in shock, too lost in his own not-at-all-arrogant thoughts to notice he was next. He didn’t even get the chance to do what he was so lost in thought about.

Ok, so, bad start. Things could turn around though, things could definitely turn around. For one thing, Desire wasn’t flinging wildly through the air. He was straight and dropping towards the ground like a bullet, towards a rather thick tree. No pressure for a guy who had no landing strategy. But if there was ever a chance to prove his creativity, or sheer stupidity, then now was the time. Quickly did Desire remove his goggles and pull them apart. Almost immediately did they take the form of gauntlets over his hands.

“Protectors, check!” He called out, or atleast he thought he did. It most likely came out as gibberish. Suddenly a pulsing red outlined Desire. “Semblance, check!” As Desire neared the tree he shot his fist forward. A small explosion erupted causing the tree to fall over. Desire landed hard on the bark, sliding down it as it fell forward. Before the tree could crash Desire hopped off the bark then landed on the ground with a roll. After a few seconds he slammed into a tree, remaining still for a few moments.

“Ah, there we go!” spoke Desire after a few popping sounds from his legs. “That was the feeling I needed back!” Desire stood and brushed himself off. A sped up healing process sure came in handy, if only it rid of the blood that came from wounds. He swept his arm across his forehead yet had the feeling he hadn’t gotten it all. He felt a bit stiff after disabling his semblance, but it certainly wasn’t enough to affect his performance.

Desire removed his gauntlets, allowing them to revert back to the goggle stage. Shortly afterwards he placed them on before walking forward. “Time to find this temple…”[/fieldbox]

Pdmknyv.png

divider.png

Lea didn't drop her pace as she ran, nimbly leaping large rocks and sliding under fallen trees as she sped towards her goal, the temple. Though during her sprint she hadn't expected two things, the first being her collision with a faunus girl as she burst through a brush, knocking her over into the next brush and out the other side where they tumbling before they'd both come to a sliding stop. The second was that when she looked up, she saw another boy with red hair and gauntlets. "Ouch... " she muttered to herself, holding her head as she slowly stood up before looking down to see who she'd hit. She was surprised to see she'd collided with a faunus who she immediately apologized to, "I'm so sorry, I hadn't expected anyone to be so close" she said as she tried to help her up and dust her off, hoping she wouldn't bee too upset about it. After making sure she was alright she looked to the other person, who thankfully she hadn't collided into during her burst through the brush. Looking between them she gave a slightly sheepish look, feeling a little embarrassed by her mistake.

@CasketCase @Deuce

Ki had talked his head off the night before, noticing that what Hazel said about the one called Prussian, it seemed an astute observation as he didn't seem to eager to talk to them as well. He fell asleep quickly too, it seemed as he was one of the first awake and grabbing his gear, headed for the launchpad. However as he got there his ears flattened against his head, he knew what was coming but he never liked it, launching that is. However Hazel's upbeat attitude was helping as she flew off, then one after the others, some giving whoops others calmly waiting for their turn. Ki pulled his twin gunswords out and changed them into their second form with the ease of doing it for some time. The greatblade now slung over his back he calmly walked over to the launcher and took hold of the second trigger of his weapon, getting into a ready stance. The launcher sent him flying into the air, he smiled despite disliking the ordeal, the wind in his face was nice, as was all the noise some people were making. As he was getting closer and closer to the ground, he activated the dust vial on his blade and was eased down onto his feet. He sighed and started walking through the brush, separating his weapons and continuing his pace he looks out over the nice smallish river nearby and looks around "Well I wonder where that temple is from here, maybe I should launch myself up...or just climb a tree and check it out." He nodded to himself and leapt up and grabbed ahold of the nearest branch climbing up to the top and looking around. He found it and smiled Ha alright easier than I thought. He hops down and starts walking down the riverbed towards the temple now.

Status
Not open for further replies.