Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Cosmic horror, fantasy, sci-fi, wuxia/xianxia
RWBY - Midnight

Links
IC | OOC | Characters | Discord

concept:
It has been nearly 50 years since the Fall of Beacon, and mankind is still teetering on the brink. If anything, they are closer to falling. The protagonists of the show failed in their mission, but not everything went wrong. In fact, for a time, everything seemed to have gotten better. The Grimm vanished, and towns began to spring up in the wilderness. Many huntsmen found themselves suddenly out of a job, but nobody felt the need to complain now that things had become so much calmer. This lasted for almost five years. Then, out of nowhere, waves of Grimm appeared out of nowhere, overwhelming the cities of Haven, Atlas, and Vacuous. The Grimm had returned, and their numbers were greater than ever before. Humanity collectively had put down their weapons, and were absolutely blindsided by the return. Without the sanctuary of the major cities, humanity found itself weak and nearly defenseless. What remained of the Huntsmen attempted to rally, but they were quickly eradicated by the sheer numbers of the Grimm roaming the continents. Things continued to get worse and worse, leaving only a handful of the most heavily defended and strongest towns standing.

Now, 45 years later, only the hardiest of humanity remains. Huntsmen are, at best, a fading memory, and the people have begun to rely on themselves for protection against the Grimm. Without the conveniences that were available before the world fell to pieces, dust has become almost a memory, and what little is left is almost too precious to use unless your life is in grave danger. The advanced weaponry wielded by huntsman is either inherited or no longer available, leaving the survivors with only the most basic of tools to use to fight off the Grimm.​

About:
The roleplay will be set in an AU where the events of the show (however it may continue) have come to a conclusion with the failure of the party. For whatever reason, they failed to defeat Salem, but were able to prevent her ultimate victory. With huntsmen now extinct due to her revenge, the cast will consist of primarily ordinary people. However, due to the overwhelming presence of the Grimm, almost everyone is at least capable of defending themselves, and the vast majority of humanity has at the very least unlocked their aura. The roleplay will begin in a small town in the continent of Sanus, and depending on how long the roleplay continues, will expand to greater and greater portions of the world.​

Rules
-Posting will be at least once weekly. Failure to post after a week will result in a ping, and further failure will result in a warning. Three weeks of silence will result in being kicked from the roleplay, after which permission must be obtained to rejoin.
-Be respectful of fellow roleplayers.
-Faceclaims should be animated or drawn.​
Extra:
-Looking for at least 3-4 players to start, at which point I'll throw up a discord and character sheet.​

Last edited:
Reactions: EmperorsChosen
Interested!

I really like RWBY. I have ideas.
Character would probably have a kinda western ish theme...
Cause I wanna make my "cowboy"
Make him smart. Engineer/tinkerer. Have some fun throwing machine together and messing with a slew of weapons and parts passed down from family in the past.
I have ideas for it. Still would wanna see more.
Although I'm sure Emp and Jess are probably getting tired of me at this point lol XD
Maybe you are too?

Dang, that was fast. I'll try to get a character sheet and stuff up tonight. Still looking for more people if there is interest.

I really like RWBY. I have ideas.
Character would probably have a kinda western ish theme...
Cause I wanna make my "cowboy"
Make him smart. Engineer/tinkerer. Have some fun throwing machine together and messing with a slew of weapons and parts passed down from family in the past.
I have ideas for it. Still would wanna see more.
Although I'm sure Emp and Jess are probably getting tired of me at this point lol XD
Maybe you are too?

It's fine bruh. I've got my own cowgirl on the ready anyway

Emp knows who I'm talking about

Reactions: EmperorsChosen
Discord and OOC are up now! I intended to get it and character sheets up last night, but last minute procrastination kept me from getting it quite to the point where I liked it. Planning on making another attempt at character sheets sometime today.

On another note, still looking for more people if there is interest. If you are even slightly interested, feel free to join the discord and ask questions - I'm really bad at explaining stuff in longer posts like this, and I'm happy to try to explain it a bit better in the discord.

Last edited:
Are you still looking for members? And are there any rules for characters? i.e no relations to canon characters, etc.

@Daedalus30185
I am still looking for new members, although probably no more than one or two more. As for rules, I would say that you shouldn't be related to RWBY characters, although I'm fine with discussing specifics at any point. I primarily use discord to communicate as well, so it'd be easier if you want to join the discord server, although not necessary.

It was also brought to my attention that the discord link had expired, so I replaced it with one with won't.

@Daedalus30185
The discord is linked in the initial post. Otherwise, yes, same name.

@YariDaiku
Sure, feel free to hop in the discord at some point and we can talk about getting you a character set up.