Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, didn't the creator of it die a while ago? I'm not surprised this new season would feel a bit off compared to the previous two.

Not that I've gotten to it yet :/ Is Ruby still an adorable geek, at least?

Hmm just seen this too late.

If you don't mind please keep me in mind if any spots need to be filled. Or if suddenly three other people show up, justifying making a new team, best of luck with this project.

Yeah :3 the show starts to focus more on most everyone in season 2 and 3 though. Mid (maybe) season 3 crap hits the fan. And new episodes don't come out until next year. It's still REALLY good though

Yeah, I noticed that. End of Season 2 it just shows off all these random guys I hardly remember seeing fighting. Lol. I wasn't complaining. I just fucking knew someone had to have a minigun. ^^

Reactions: Katrina Iceheart
Name
Cerise Carmine

Character's Color
Carmine (Red)

Race
Faunus; Wolf

Appearance
qny.jpg

Weapons

• Name: "My Baby!"
  • Form 1: Two-handed Buster Sword
  • Form 2: Two Bladed SMG's
  • Capabilities: The first form is typically what Cerise will use if she needs some power behind her hits. Thankfully, she's strong enough to be able to hoist the thing around at a decent speed, but due to the fact she considers herself more of a "speed-type", she will typically keep the weapon in its second form where it can better suit her needs, both in melee as well at a range. In its second form, the buster sword splits into two bladed SMG's, allowing her to pursue a more agile melee assault as well as lessen the predictability of her attacks if the SMG's are utilized to complement it.
  • Appearance:
    split_buster_gun_blade_concept_by_madmanny510-d4186ur.jpg

Semblance
The Predator's Instinct
The hunter's instinct; to track, to give chase and to kill one's prey. Fear is a prime emotion of all living things. Even in those that have trained themselves to hide it and act despite their fear it is evident, for a hunter especially. The existence of fear in a target, in her prey, is something that gets Cerise's blood pumping. She may be a bit daft when it comes to figuring things out at times, but she's always had a keen nose for fear. It brings out the instinct in her. To put it simply, with those in the area exhibiting a substantial amount of fear, Cerise's base agility and speed increase by a decent amount. However, the Semblance acts at its highest when Cerise herself is the one experiencing a large amount of fear. Many say you shouldn't back a predator into a wall and that rings true with her as well. On top of the base buff to her speed and agility increasing a bit more, it also numbs her body, allowing her to fight and focus on offense without worrying about defense. She as well claims that her strength increases as well, however it is likely just the adrenaline and increased brutality that make it seem like so.

Unfortunately, this as well means that Cerise will become unable to tell when it's time to call it quits. She won't know just how banged up her body truly is until either; A: She's dragged off and her nerves settle; or B: Her body becomes damaged to the point where Cerise is unable to actually move it. Not to mention that the adrenaline that comes from this semblance tends to push her towards her more—animalistic roots; Cerise will act and fight with more tenacity, brutality and some sadism as well as behave in a more rash fashion.

Aside from the obvious behavioral shifts, the only aesthetic sign that she is in this state is her eye; while her good one typically remains a dull burgundy color most of the time, it will almost glow a bright, blood red.

History
A case of what would actually be considered as "feral". Cerise was born to a "pack" of Faunus who disapproved of the ways of Humans as well as the other Faunus that worked alongside them. They lived outside of Vale; in the wilderness typically, sometimes coming close to Human settlements and even more rarely actually entering them for minor trade. While the pack seemed to hold distrust towards humans, they didn't seem to think highly of the matters of the White Fang either. Believing they were just as evil, the group adopted an isolationist policy; they only interacted with other Humans or Faunus if they needed to conduct commerce.

Still, Cerise didn't understand any of this. Having been sheltered within the pack, the young girl had no poor personal experiences with either Humans or other Faunus, nor was she old enough to fully understand the politics of either's happenings. This lead to her often sneaking off and into Human towns, luckily none that were all that racist, and screwing around or playing with the other children. However, there was always one person she looked forward to seeing above the others whenever she visited.

You could've called it a crush; it wasn't that surprising given that she was growing up and that he wasn't anything like the mean, racist Humans that she had heard so much about. Perhaps as it was that they were both a bit different from the rest of the kids that she felt a connection towards him. He was practically alone, save for a deathly sick grandmother; he was poor too and had to often work jobs on the street despite his young age, but he was so kind and optimistic just the same. Eventually, though, Cerise would discover he was the kind of Human that she was so often warned about.

It was another day she was going to go visit her friends. The girl had told them she would be coming that day and meet them at their usual spot. They weren't there though. Cerise looked around, thinking they could possibly be hiding; nothing. So, she waited, but no one came; or at least no one that she was expecting. After hours of waiting, when night began to fall, Cerise was greeted by a group of men heavily clothed and with their faces covered; all armed. Distracted by those in front of her, she didn't have time to react to someone coming from behind and pulling some bag over her head. She tried to struggle, but felt the men easily grab her and hoist her away to wherever.

Cerise doesn't remember the exact happenings. She remembers getting poked and prodded, stabbed, burned—drifting in and out of consciousness repeatedly. She remembers that this is where she lost her right eye and where her tail was docked. She remembers eventually getting rescued by her pack that slaughtered the group and took her away; far from any Human settlement where she would recover somewhat and live for most of her life.

Honestly, it's amazing that Cerise doesn't hold resentment towards Humans that so many other Faunus, which haven't suffered nearly as much as her, do. Still, she never would have thought that she'd end up coming to Beacon. It was a stroke of luck. Her pack needed to trade desperately and in the place they traveled to, the headmaster just so happened to be there on business. Without knowing whom the man was, Cerise began some smalltalk which turned into somewhat of an interview. A few months later, a Human had tracked down her pack and—thankfully avoided getting pounced long enough to give Cerise a letter of invitation. Of course, her family was against the whole ordeal of her going to Beacon, however she was almost grown and if she wanted to, it was her decision. With a reluctant good-bye to whom she considered her family all her life, Cerise accepted the invitation and returned with the messenger to Beacon.

Have you seen both RWBY Volumes
Yes

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Xerxes
One problem with the semblance; Aura protects all things with souls. You won't bleed very often as our aura's (when trained) are strong enough to survive tons and tons of pressure.

Ah, shit! Right! Completely forgot about that.

Changed it up. Pretty much the same effects, but deals with fear instead. Works with the fear of others; works best when she herself feels cornered.

Great! So, I can just post whenever? You said the welcome speech hasn't occurred yet, right?

Reactions: Ginutusu
@EmperorsChosen The most recent post by she explain what is going on. Just look at the IC

@Ginutusu Haven't gotten around to it yet. Busy with Christmas plans, but I'll probably get it up soon.

• Useful
Reactions: Ginutusu
I'm around. Just having trouble with the history portion of the cs.

No worries. The red just refers to possible issues that we may have.

K. Any way i can just reveal my character's history through the events of the rp and use some flashbacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.