4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Gfcx0Df.png

Hello, and welcome to the OOC and signup thread for RWBY: Moonrise!

• After Salem fell, the relics were safe, but Remnant wasn't. The Grimm under Salem's control weren't eradicated. They mutated beyond how they'd existed under her and ran wild. Now, the Grimm tower like true giants, the kingdoms are more like survivor hovels, and the silver-eyed warrior lives in legends. Huntsmen academies are no more, except tiny schools run by families. Some of the heroes that defeated Salem banded together to teach others how to fight; others became cut off and lived apart from their old friends - like the surviving villains.

You were born to one of these heroes or villains, maybe even two. You're grown enough to be a good Huntsman or Huntress, but you have even greater goals than killing Grimm - locating and destroying the Grimm's central spawning ground for each region, and finding the Maidens and the silver-eyed warrior, who are critical allies for that task. It won't be easy, but you and your friends learned from the best.

With the moon risen over Remnant and conditions near apocalyptic, can you find a way back? A way forward?

Further info from the Interest Check:
    [spoili]Characters for this RP will begin in two groups: a group in central Vale raised and trained in a small combat school run by canon heroes, and a group outside the kingdom who met because they were all pursuing a lead about the Fall Maiden. The groups will eventually converge looking for Fall.[/LEFT]

The goals for each major arc are:

• Find and confront the Maiden (each kingdom will have a single Maiden located in it)
    • Deal with complications - villains, Grimm, limitations of the Maiden - as they arise
    • Destroy the region's central Grimm-spawning ground in a harrowing climactic fight

This RP assumes Cinder is permanently dead, Raven died before the start of this RP, and OCs inherited the Spring and Fall Maidens' powers. Finding Ruby Rose will happen close to the climax of the RP.

Each kingdom will present unique challenges; the details of the setting will be fleshed out if this idea gets enough interest for me to start the RP and create the thread.

This RP's plot will move forward with some ideas from me and some from you. I can throw some good material into play, but I will not be throwing all of it, because I find it more fun when everyone has a hand in making the story.

This RP is for you if...

___you're excited about RPing a new take on RWBY's universe.

___you're coming in with ideas about the plot and cool with collaborating.

___you can write 1-2 standard paragraphs per post.​

I look forward to hearing from you![/spoili]
  • General:
    Have RP common sense. Follow the site rules, use understandable spelling and grammar, don't godmod, etc.

Be respectful to everyone. Don't fight in the OOC. If you are having a dispute with someone, PM me and I will mediate.

The plot of this RP is discussed collaboratively, though the GM has greater responsibility to implement it due to having more control of the outside world. I will provide some ideas, but not all of them.​

Play:
    Players are allowed to control minor NPCs. Leave major NPCs (listed in the info thread) to the GM. We can share control of Grimm, but the GM decides when they are defeated.

Decide which side wins a fight OOC, preferably before the fight begins. This lets you get wilder in your writing, because you're not constrained by trying to force a win! I don't see much player-vs-player combat happening in this RP, but if it comes up, be able to volunteer to take an L.

For the purpose of writing fights, assume aura is always "passively coating the wielder in a protective force field" until it runs out; it's not something you have to activate.​
  • Before you submit a CS, please post a message OOC claiming the character(s) you want. You can claim two canons as parents of one character if you prefer. Any pairings - popular pairings, "crack" pairings, gay pairings - will be regarded as legitimate, as long as you can justify it in your writing. Here are the characters you can claim:

Weiss Schnee - @Boredbrain
    Blake Belladonna - @Neko_Green
    Yang Xiao Long - @EmperorsChosen
    Jaune Arc - @Artorias
    Nora Valkyrie - @IceQueen
    Velvet Scarlatina - @Quincunx
    Yatsuhashi Daichi - @RedArmyShogun

• Formatting/code is optional. Anything in parentheses is my notes to you and should not be included in the final app.

Character Name

• Color allusion: (detailed info about RWBY's Color Name Rule can be found here)
      Parents:
      Species:
      Folklore allusion:
      (Optional)
    • Emblem: (Optional)
      Description: (Describe details the picture doesn't communicate, such as height.)
    •  

• Weapon: (Name and describe. Your character must have some form of melee weapon included in their weapon. They must also have the ability to reliably attack at range, whether that's through a ranged form of their weapon, an application of their semblance, and/or use of dust.)

Semblance: (Name and describe. Your character's semblance should be a power nobody else can replicate; avoid vanilla stat boosts like "super strength".)

• Personality: (One to two paragraphs is fine. This can be hard to preplan, and easier to develop in the RP.)

History (parental): (What did your character's parents do between Salem's defeat and our RP?)

History (personal): (What's in your character's own history?)
  • School Crew
    Maple Scarlatina - @Quincunx
    Jin Xiao Long - @EmperorsChosen
    Celeste Valkyrie - @IceQueen

Outside Crew

Melyn Arc - @Artorias
    Ivorie Schnee - @Boredbrain
    Luna Belladonna - @Neko_Green
    Cerise Torchwick - @Uncle Legens Legentis
    Kuroi Daichi - @RedArmyShogun

Functioning links for top buttons will be added as the threads go up.

Please enjoy the RP, and each others' e-company!

Last edited:
Hey all, two things I want to add:

1) I intend to play a character in this RP as well as NPCs. I won't be claiming any parents for myself yet.

2) If you just saw the first post: remember how I said we'll start in two groups, a group that trained in a school together and a group of outsiders pursuing the Fall Maiden? Feel free to specify which group you want your character in. That said, if we don't get more than 4 total people, we may have to consolidate to one group and try a different approach.

I'll work on this once I finish a few other things I'm making on iwaku. Anyways I guess this is our actual OOC. What are your preference towards Faunus in general or winged Faunus of note? They've made cameo appearances so far and as a general rule seem able to glide but not to fly.

This is more or less what I may make, or I might make a Dust Swordswoman. So far I'm waiting to see what else gets made before reaching my decision.

Reactions: Mollisol
I'll work on this once I finish a few other things I'm making on iwaku. Anyways I guess this is our actual OOC. What are your preference towards Faunus in general or winged Faunus of note? They've made cameo appearances so far and as a general rule seem able to glide but not to fly.

This is more or less what I may make, or I might make a Dust Swordswoman. So far I'm waiting to see what else gets made before reaching my decision.
Hi there!

It's cool to make faunus, and I won't be mad whether this is a faunus landslide, human landslide, or balanced. I think making them able to glide but not fly is a good way to keep the trait from becoming OP; a winged faunus is fine.

Okay, cool! I'll probably wait on making my parent claim until everyone's gotten the choice they want.

Not sure what I'm gonna do, gonna have to think on it.

Not sure what I'm gonna do, gonna have to think on it.
Alright. I hope you'll be able to join us! Though I'll understand if it's not what you decide.

I read this in the context of the Interest Check and thought you were withdrawing your interest. I'm sorry. Still looking forward to seeing what you do.

Oh. I will be joining, just not sure on what 'parent' to choose. I honestly should finish the latest season as well but I stopped watching to let the show get ahead.

Oh. I will be joining, just not sure on what 'parent' to choose. I honestly should finish the latest season as well but I stopped watching to let the show get ahead.
Good, hehe! I completely misread.

I get that. How far in are you?

Last episode I remember being on was after Yang and Weiss left Raven's camp.

Last episode I remember being on was after Yang and Weiss left Raven's camp.
Oh wow! I think that was actually my fave episode of the volume. That or the one before the finale... I won't spoil it for you, but I will say it has (in my opinion) the best fight scene the current animation team has created thus far.

Think I'm going to choose Jaune as the parent of my CS. Not sure if I want to do a 'shipped' pairing or anything but if someone also wants to be a descendant of Jaune then perhaps we could make sibling characters. I would be fine with that. That is @Quincunx is alright with some PC's being siblings.

Think I'm going to choose Jaune as the parent of my CS. Not sure if I want to do a 'shipped' pairing or anything but if someone also wants to be a descendant of Jaune then perhaps we could make sibling characters. I would be fine with that. That is @Quincunx is alright with some PC's being siblings.
I'm fine with that! I'll mark Jaune down for you, and specify that siblings are okay by you.

I think I'll take Yang. Same as Art, if someone really wants her as a parent I don't have an issue with sharing.

My CS isn't done but I'm starting to get a headache and I go to bed for work in 30-40 minutes anyways so I hope you don't mind me posting what I have done so far. Still a WIP so this isn't the final piece.

f62b2fc2a0cf239d6bd1a0a128171d78.jpg

Melyn Arc

ID
Color Allusion: Melyn is 'yellow' in Welsh.
Parents: Jaune Arc - Father | Vermell Arc - Mother
Species: Human

Visage
Emblem: A simple design. A golden yellow sun with a deep orange red cross in the center.
Description: Melyn is 6'3" with a toned, muscular build. Most of his strength is upper body from the armor he wore in training and the heavy metal sword he wields. He has golden eyes unlike his Father. He does have the short, messy blonde hair atop his head however.

Combat
Weapon: Lucifer (Lightbringer. Actually means Light-bringing but bending the rules a bit) - A new forged bastard sword, Lucifer is a 48 inch blade with a handle large enough to grip with both hands. The grip is wrapped in black with a gold pommel and cross guard. The blade has a cross (similar to the cross of saint james)near the grip/cross guard at the base. The rest of the blade has intricate gold detail working its way up to the tip, mainly focused in the center of the blade and not near the cutting edges.

Semblance: Golden Light - Melyn is capable of gathering a golden energy around his person or sword and is able to project this energy forward in a beam attack. He is capable of changing the golden energy to be like an arcing beam or shoot it forward like a spear in a thin line. The light can also create 'clones' of Melyn, bathed in light to fight for him for a short period of time and even detonate in an energy blast. Another application is offering a source of light in a dark area with no fire.

Personal
Personality: Coming from a long line of warriors and being raised to believe that he would also become a great warrior just like his father and ancestors before him. It has brought confidence in himself and his abilities on the battlefield. Never afraid to risk his neck to save a friend or fight of a dangerous Grimm that may instill fear into others. You could consider Melyn a man of passion or hot headed depending on who you asked. He lets his emotions take over instead of logic when under stressful situations, not known to keep a level head.

Growing up with five sisters and two brothers taught him how valuable it is to keep family close and they don't have to be blood related. He can be a bit of a pushover when being asked for favors, never knowing when to say no and has been used as a pack mule by his family before, not literally of course but he did carry a majority of the items.

All in all, Melyn has a good heart but can be loose with his emotions and a little too brave to impress others. He is the reverse of what his Father was back in his younger days, in a good way Arc way and not a bully, villain type.

Parental History: Jaune Arc - After the defeat of Salem Jaune kept in touch with his former teammates and finally moving on past his first love, Pyrrha Nikos, though he still holds her memory strongly with his Crocea Mors and armor. He settled down with a Huntress, she was strong willed and a great warrior. They settled down in a small village on the edge of Vale and helped defend it from small grimm attacks before starting to raise a family. He is seen as a leader in the town, always having that effect of being someone that others could look to and ask for guidance even though he keeps his shy and reserved personality he is always willing to help the village.

Vermell Arc - Vermell Arc, maiden name was Aur, was a Huntress from Mistral and met Jaune shortly after the defeat of Salem. She had temporarily traveled with Jaune and his companions before the two developed feelings and she had to be the one forward about it as he was too shy and reserved to speak up and ask. After three years of being together and traveling, hunting down remaining grimm they decided to settle down in a small town on the edge of Vale and start a family. She didn't plan on having such a large family but it almost seemed like Arc tradition to do so.

Personal History: Melyn comes from a long line of warriors and he takes great pride in knowing his lineage. Being the second to oldest child he is looked up to by his younger siblings and he even looks up to his older sister who is only two years older than him but she is a strong Huntress like his Mother and Father. Everyone in his family aspires to be Hunters and Huntresses, following the family lineage of being strong warriors. He started his training at a young age being personally trained by his Father, Older Sister and Mother when she wasn't pregnant with his six other siblings. He was home schooled as well, as was his other siblings.

He had his own sword forged in his hometown by a reputable blacksmith. It was designed the way Melyn asked for. His Father has kept Crocea Mors as he still uses the sword and shield and it holds more sentimental value to him now even though it was once a Family Heirloom used by his Great-Great-Great-Grandfather in the Great War.

He now searches for the Maidens to defeat the Grimm and end the threat once and for all. He has seen too many people be hurt and lose loved ones to ignore it any longer and he knows he can't defeat the grimm alone.

Last edited:
Heyo~ Saw the banner and Im so down for this~

(also so calling Dibs on Nora. I love crazy wild characters)

Heyo~ Saw the banner and Im so down for this~

(also so calling Dibs on Nora. I love crazy wild characters)
Hi! Welcome aboard. I will mark her down for you; are you okay with your OC having player-controlled siblings? (It's okay if the answer is no.)

I am very much fine with that, and she will probably have some NPC ones if no one takes up on it. I will post my wip soon just to have it down and out there. Nothings final as I'm not sure her name and what I have for her line up well.

I found another image of one of those I mentioned to you. Either way I may go unrelated, or with Yatsuhashi or Adam, I'll give a sure answer tomorrow once I can think over it more. Unless you have a preference. Either way I'll aim to at least start work on the bio tomorrow.​