4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Gfcx0Df.png

Hello, and welcome to the OOC and signup thread for RWBY: Moonrise!

• After Salem fell, the relics were safe, but Remnant wasn't. The Grimm under Salem's control weren't eradicated. They mutated beyond how they'd existed under her and ran wild. Now, the Grimm tower like true giants, the kingdoms are more like survivor hovels, and the silver-eyed warrior lives in legends. Huntsmen academies are no more, except tiny schools run by families. Some of the heroes that defeated Salem banded together to teach others how to fight; others became cut off and lived apart from their old friends - like the surviving villains.

You were born to one of these heroes or villains, maybe even two. You're grown enough to be a good Huntsman or Huntress, but you have even greater goals than killing Grimm - locating and destroying the Grimm's central spawning ground for each region, and finding the Maidens and the silver-eyed warrior, who are critical allies for that task. It won't be easy, but you and your friends learned from the best.

With the moon risen over Remnant and conditions near apocalyptic, can you find a way back? A way forward?

Further info from the Interest Check:
    [spoili]Characters for this RP will begin in two groups: a group in central Vale raised and trained in a small combat school run by canon heroes, and a group outside the kingdom who met because they were all pursuing a lead about the Fall Maiden. The groups will eventually converge looking for Fall.[/LEFT]

The goals for each major arc are:

• Find and confront the Maiden (each kingdom will have a single Maiden located in it)
    • Deal with complications - villains, Grimm, limitations of the Maiden - as they arise
    • Destroy the region's central Grimm-spawning ground in a harrowing climactic fight

This RP assumes Cinder is permanently dead, Raven died before the start of this RP, and OCs inherited the Spring and Fall Maidens' powers. Finding Ruby Rose will happen close to the climax of the RP.

Each kingdom will present unique challenges; the details of the setting will be fleshed out if this idea gets enough interest for me to start the RP and create the thread.

This RP's plot will move forward with some ideas from me and some from you. I can throw some good material into play, but I will not be throwing all of it, because I find it more fun when everyone has a hand in making the story.

This RP is for you if...

___you're excited about RPing a new take on RWBY's universe.

___you're coming in with ideas about the plot and cool with collaborating.

___you can write 1-2 standard paragraphs per post.​

I look forward to hearing from you![/spoili]
  • General:
    Have RP common sense. Follow the site rules, use understandable spelling and grammar, don't godmod, etc.

Be respectful to everyone. Don't fight in the OOC. If you are having a dispute with someone, PM me and I will mediate.

The plot of this RP is discussed collaboratively, though the GM has greater responsibility to implement it due to having more control of the outside world. I will provide some ideas, but not all of them.​

Play:
    Players are allowed to control minor NPCs. Leave major NPCs (listed in the info thread) to the GM. We can share control of Grimm, but the GM decides when they are defeated.

Decide which side wins a fight OOC, preferably before the fight begins. This lets you get wilder in your writing, because you're not constrained by trying to force a win! I don't see much player-vs-player combat happening in this RP, but if it comes up, be able to volunteer to take an L.

For the purpose of writing fights, assume aura is always "passively coating the wielder in a protective force field" until it runs out; it's not something you have to activate.​
  • Before you submit a CS, please post a message OOC claiming the character(s) you want. You can claim two canons as parents of one character if you prefer. Any pairings - popular pairings, "crack" pairings, gay pairings - will be regarded as legitimate, as long as you can justify it in your writing. Here are the characters you can claim:

Weiss Schnee - @Boredbrain
    Blake Belladonna - @Neko_Green
    Yang Xiao Long - @EmperorsChosen
    Jaune Arc - @Artorias
    Nora Valkyrie - @IceQueen
    Velvet Scarlatina - @Quincunx
    Yatsuhashi Daichi - @RedArmyShogun

• Formatting/code is optional. Anything in parentheses is my notes to you and should not be included in the final app.

Character Name

• Color allusion: (detailed info about RWBY's Color Name Rule can be found here)
      Parents:
      Species:
      Folklore allusion:
      (Optional)
    • Emblem: (Optional)
      Description: (Describe details the picture doesn't communicate, such as height.)
    •  

• Weapon: (Name and describe. Your character must have some form of melee weapon included in their weapon. They must also have the ability to reliably attack at range, whether that's through a ranged form of their weapon, an application of their semblance, and/or use of dust.)

Semblance: (Name and describe. Your character's semblance should be a power nobody else can replicate; avoid vanilla stat boosts like "super strength".)

• Personality: (One to two paragraphs is fine. This can be hard to preplan, and easier to develop in the RP.)

History (parental): (What did your character's parents do between Salem's defeat and our RP?)

History (personal): (What's in your character's own history?)
  • School Crew
    Maple Scarlatina - @Quincunx
    Jin Xiao Long - @EmperorsChosen
    Celeste Valkyrie - @IceQueen

Outside Crew

Melyn Arc - @Artorias
    Ivorie Schnee - @Boredbrain
    Luna Belladonna - @Neko_Green
    Cerise Torchwick - @Uncle Legens Legentis
    Kuroi Daichi - @RedArmyShogun

Functioning links for top buttons will be added as the threads go up.

Please enjoy the RP, and each others' e-company!

Last edited:
I found another image of one of those I mentioned to you. Either way I may go unrelated, or with Yatsuhashi or Adam, I'll give a sure answer tomorrow once I can think over it more. Unless you have a preference. Either way I'll aim to at least start work on the bio tomorrow.​
Yatsu or Adam are both fine. Please do not go unrelated.

Reactions: Mollisol
Hello. I am a big fan of RWBY so seeing this sparked my interest. I have a huge about of time this summer so this is a great time to start a new RP.

You still have those two slots open? I might have another person you might want to join: @Uncle Legens Legentis Legens Legentis

---

Other then that I was thinking I might play a character based on the myth Icarus and have them be a bird Faunus from Mistral since they have cliffs and airships.

I'll Go with Yatsu then.
I'll mark him down for you.

Hello. I am a big fan of RWBY so seeing this sparked my interest. I have a huge about of time this summer so this is a great time to start a new RP.

You still have those two slots open? I might have another person you might want to join: @Uncle Legens Legentis Legens Legentis

---

Other then that I was thinking I might play a character based on the myth Icarus and have them be a bird Faunus from Mistral since they have cliffs and airships.
I do have those two slots open; welcome aboard!

I look forward to seeing Legens Legentis. If he pops in and states his interest, I'll close the last slot. (That said, I can't let you claim it for him; someone else might come in before he does.)

That sounds like a fun idea. Who were you thinking for the canon parent(s)?

Reactions: Legens Legentis
I do have those two slots open; welcome aboard!
Great!

I look forward to seeing Legens Legentis. If he pops in and states his interest, I'll close the last slot. (That said, I can't let you claim it for him; someone else might come in before he does.)

That is totally understanding. Not like I can claim for him your right.

That sounds like a fun idea. Who were you thinking for the canon parent(s)?

Probably not, if any Blake since that would make the most sense with the character idea. I might be looking to play a canon character, I like the Idea of playing as a parent of someone.

Definitely, since this is in the future you can have more leeway on stuff like how the character acts since they would have had time to mature. Though I do tend to avoid canon characters since I can't RP them accurately might be a good chance to see what it is like.

Great!

That is totally understanding. Not like I can claim for him your right.

Probably not, if any Blake since that would make the most sense with the character idea. I might be looking to play a canon character, I like the Idea of playing as a parent of someone.

Definitely, since this is in the future you can have more leeway on stuff like how the character acts since they would have had time to mature. Though I do tend to avoid canon characters since I can't RP them accurately might be a good chance to see what it is like.
Alright.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is an RP where all of the player-controlled characters are direct descendants of at least one canon character. I apologize if this wasn't as clear as I meant it to be in the plot overview/Interest Check, but that's a rule for this RP.

Also, I don't think you'd be playing the canon character in the RP thread, though you would be deciding what the canon character did between the end of Volume 5 and the beginning of our RP.

I shall state my interest.

• Love
Reactions: Legens Legentis
Do we have a Discord OOC?

Alright.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is an RP where all of the player-controlled characters are direct descendants of at least one canon character. I apologize if this wasn't as clear as I meant it to be in the plot overview/Interest Check, but that's a rule for this RP.

Also, I don't think you'd be playing the canon character in the RP thread, though you would be deciding what the canon character did between the end of Volume 5 and the beginning of our RP.
Oh, I totally misunderstood then sorry. I must have misread somewhere about playing as Canon Characters. My bad. I will look back through the stuff to clarify it for myself. But I would definitely say a descent of Blake then.

shameimaru_aya_touhou_drawn_by_cibo_killy_1a7.jpg

Kuroi Daichi

Color allusion: Kuroi is a form of the Japanese word for Black (but I will use blue for speech)

Parents: Yatsuhashi Daichi, Akane Yoroji
Species: Raven Faunus
Folklore allusion: N/A

Emblem: Two Thunder bolts crossed

Description: Standing at 5'11" (180.3cm) Kuri bares features of both of her parents, with facial features similar to her father. Possessing her mother's red eyes and black wings, her height falls between both of her parents and her hair is a subject of debate of the two. While not as muscular as her father, she is fairly toned and physically strong. Favoring a traditional dress of Mistral with a few modifications, Kuroi wears some armor plating under her robes and the belt around her torso. Of note is the fact she wears a pair of eight inch high Tengu Geta. In spite of, or perhaps because of the single central board, she always has a good posture and can move in these wooden sandals fairly well. While she mostly uses her swords, her legwork is fairly good in terms of kicks, because of this she wears a pair of high stockings and lacks the traditional lower garments. Her hair is a bit on the shorter side, black and messy, a bit like the large pair of wings on her back.

Weapon: Storm-Brothers, Raijin and Fujin, Raijin is the red and Fujin is the blue. The Two swords can be combined into a staff that has the ability to launch long range dust powered blasts. Lightning, Wind and Earth are the most commonly used, though others can be if gained or given.

Semblance: Electromagnetism: Kuroi can generate electrical pulses within her body and hover across the ground in much the same manner as a trains in Atlas at high speeds. With a weak visible electrical field that arcs across her body. In addition she is able to levitate metal objects around her that are capable of producing a magnetic field.

Personality: Kurio took after her father a great deal calm and protective of others, some what maternal. She is also a fairly serious person and dislikes humans that makes her being a Faunus a point of conflict. With the world in it's current state stupid infighting has no place in this world. Loving her siblings and parents regardless of if they had feathers or not, she believes both sides can get along, or rather if they are to survive, they must.

Because of this she can be a bit aggressive with no time for "correct" solutions. Skilled with the sword and happy she can limitedly cheat her flightless race with her Semblance, the young woman has a taste for sweets and doesn't mind crowds. While she isn't shy, she's not like her father who would flex in crowds or put on acts. She doesn't much like cats and believes that the Grimm must be exterminated to the last so that Humans and Faunus can rest in peace, though she posses the presence of mind to know that the former may never be fully possible. Though questionable, she has a taste for alcohol.

In spite of technically being a bird, she loves cats and kittens, of additional note she is terrible with spicy foods and gets acid reflux easily.

History (parental): Yatsuhashi Daichi; In the wake of Salem's Defeat and the phasing out of the Huntsmen Academies, Yatsu would return home to Mistral. Being a protective giant who liked battle he would take up guarding trade caravans and eventually settling in a frontier village to fight off the attacks by the remnants of GRIMM. Being as protective as always, while a giant of a man made his interactions difficult with the villagers at times. While popular a Faunus woman took an interest in him, giving him a place to stay and making him meals often and seemingly unconcerned with his height and power, the pair got along fairly well. Unconcerned with her being a Faunus given his own past team, and being far removed from the strife of the City, Yatsu would wed Akane. Currently he guards the village as he has for the last several years and is content with remaining at home.

Akane Yoroji: A Crow type Faunus who inherited andInn from her family in the unstable regions of the frontier. While more Safe than most settlements the young woman lived a fairly simple life, taking an immediate interest in the giant who had taken up residence and guarded the village the young Akane was eager to make him meals and to allow him to stay in the Inn. The pair would eventually marry and Akane would bare him four children by the time Kuroi would leave home, two sons and two daughters, incidentally half were human and half were of her own kind. Either way her story is a fairly simple and happy one, grateful for Yatsu, their family gets along fairly well.

History (personal): Kuroi is the eldest daughter of her family, living out on the frontier she has had the occasional run in with the Grimm and learned to fight from her father. With the worsening situation and concern for her home, Kuroi decided to chase her father's tales on the Maidens, to destroy the Grimm once and for all and to end the threat faced in Mistral..and the rest of Remnant..

While Yatsu defends their hill top Village, she will find the maidens and end the Grimm threat, once and for all. More than just her siblings and village depends on it.

Last edited:
Oh so a fellow birb? Anyways I'm working on my sheet now, I will edit it into this post and notify when finished.
Oh your also a bird? I didn't realize that. Did you want to have our characters related or something like that? I haven't decided on a lot of my stuff yet so I can have my backstory be more in line with what you already have. Up to you.

Oh your also a bird? I didn't realize that. Did you want to have our characters related or something like that? I haven't decided on a lot of my stuff yet so I can have my backstory be more in line with what you already have. Up to you.

Totally up to you and yeah I went over it some time ago, I'm fine with us being separate though, they could have known each other, or be related in some other way, such as Cousins or the like. I had nothing planned too far out in that regard, she is also from Mistral.

Totally up to you and yeah I went over it some time ago, I'm fine with us being separate though, they could have known each other, or be related in some other way, such as Cousins or the like. I had nothing planned too far out in that regard, she is also from Mistral.
Maybe they are both from the same neighborhood. Like maybe if they are from the outer part of mistral maybe they are good buddies who always have each other backs and watching out for each other.

Though if she is from a more established part of mistral that might not be the case since the circumstance would be different. I will go look for the post and see what you said.

Do we have a Discord OOC?
We don't, but I personally wouldn't mind! How would everyone feel about it? @EmperorsChosen @RedArmyShogun @Boredbrain @IceQueen @Uncle Legens Legentis @Artorias

(I support this personally - Discord's notifs are more reliable than Iwaku's, and it's a nice environment to chat in - but it only works if enough of us have Discord accounts.)

Oh, I totally misunderstood then sorry. I must have misread somewhere about playing as Canon Characters. My bad. I will look back through the stuff to clarify it for myself. But I would definitely say a descent of Blake then.
Got it, I'll mark her down for you.

I find that discord ooc's work better than Iwaku ooc's, so I say go for it!

I would love Weiss!
Wonderful, I'll mark her down - you take her, I'll take Velvet, and I think everyone's squared away at this point :) next step is to get character sheets up.

A discord sounds good.