Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Rwby: moonrise
next generation • precarious future

This RP is currently full, and not accepting new players.

Genre Action-adventure
Posting expectations Intermediate/Adept
Themes Family, hope
GM @Quincunx
Slots remaining 0
OOC and signups OPEN SIGNUPS - RWBY: Moonrise [ooc]

Overview
After Salem fell, the relics were safe, but Remnant wasn't. The Grimm under Salem's control weren't eradicated. They mutated beyond how they'd existed under her and ran wild. Now, the Grimm tower like true giants, the kingdoms are more like survivor hovels, and the silver-eyed warrior lives in legends. Huntsmen academies are no more, except tiny schools run by families. Some of the heroes that defeated Salem banded together to teach others how to fight; others became cut off and lived apart from their old friends - like the surviving villains.

You were born to one of these heroes or villains, maybe even two. You're grown enough to be a good Huntsman or Huntress, but you have even greater goals than killing Grimm - locating and destroying the Grimm's central spawning ground for each region, and finding the Maidens and the silver-eyed warrior, who are critical allies for that task. It won't be easy, but you and your friends learned from the best.

With the moon risen over Remnant and conditions near apocalyptic, can you find a way back? A way forward?

Plot Progression
Characters for this RP will begin in two groups: a group in central Vale raised and trained in a small combat school run by canon heroes, and a group outside the kingdom who met because they were all pursuing a lead about the Fall Maiden. The groups will eventually converge looking for Fall.​

The goals for each major arc are:

• Find and confront the Maiden (each kingdom will have a single Maiden located in it)
  • Deal with complications - villains, Grimm, limitations of the Maiden - as they arise
  • Destroy the region's central Grimm-spawning ground in a harrowing climactic fight

This RP assumes Cinder is permanently dead, Raven died before the start of this RP, and OCs inherited the Spring and Fall Maidens' powers. Finding Ruby Rose will happen close to the climax of the RP.

Each kingdom will present unique challenges; the details of the setting will be fleshed out if this idea gets enough interest for me to start the RP and create the thread.

This RP's plot will move forward with some ideas from me and some from you. I can throw some good material into play, but I will not be throwing all of it, because I find it more fun when everyone has a hand in making the story.

Play
This RP is for you if...

___you're excited about RPing a new take on RWBY's universe.

___you're coming in with ideas about the plot and cool with collaborating.

___you can write 1-2 standard paragraphs per post.​

If you're interested, please comment on this thread! Feel free to discuss character and plot ideas, but refrain from claiming canon parents until the official OOC thread is set up. I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Would've stated some interest sooner if I had checked the interest check. I like the new spin on it. As long as it gets some more people, I'm in ^^

Reactions: Mollisol
Would've stated some interest sooner if I had checked the interest check. I like the new spin on it. As long as it gets some more people, I'm in ^^
Welcome aboard! Thank you, and I agree with you; this is only getting off the ground with at least 4 total people. If you know anyone who might be interested, feel free to tag them.

Tentative interest, I'll likely have lots of questions and I'll give up my spot if someone super into RWBY comes along. I like the idea of it not being connected to the school and what have you. A fresh take may fair better than the bulk of the rehashes, though on that note, how far into the future is this, like are we talking direct descendants here or, "oh, that was my Great Grandmother?"

Tentative interest, I'll likely have lots of questions and I'll give up my spot if someone super into RWBY comes along. I like the idea of it not being connected to the school and what have you. A fresh take may fair better than the bulk of the rehashes, though on that note, how far into the future is this, like are we talking direct descendants here or, "oh, that was my Great Grandmother?"
Hello and welcome aboard! I don't know if you'll have to give up your spot but I'm hoping I won't have to reject anyone.

My goal was to avoid rehashing the canon plot, so it makes me happy that you took notice ^u^

I was thinking direct descendants. We're 20-25 years after Salem was defeated.

• Thank You
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Alright fair enough. I would prefer being on the wandering team likely then. Well if we get enough, if not I'll try making up something else.

Alright fair enough. I would prefer being on the wandering team likely then. Well if we get enough, if not I'll try making up something else.
Sounds good to me! I will put up the OOC and signups if/when we get one more person.

Hey, I'm in!
Socks!!! I'm so glad you took me up on my invitation.

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

I'll get the OOC and Signups up tonight. I'll still be accepting new players until we get up to 8 total people. I may allow and even encourage multiple characters, but since it's not a necessity (we won't use the four-man team structure typical to the series proper's combat schools), I will hold off on a decision about that until we've had a chance to see whether more people will join or not.

I'm gonna give my interest to this if there is still room.

I'm gonna give my interest to this if there is still room.
There's still room! The OOC is linked a few posts up, so we'd love to see you there. (I would link it myself but I am on mobile.)

Hey all,

I've edited the first post to include the number of slots remaining (3 at the time of this post), as well as a link to the OOC.