RWBY: Midnight

Calla Daulfern
Mentions:
Interacting: (Briefly) DeeDee @Thaleko

Itzal imploring that he would rather hang out in the village with the new mystery girl and Calla earned him some petting on the head from the cow woman. Despite having grown accustomed to his cheeky remarks and playful antics, it was still nice to hear she was wanted.

But now her question helped spark an explanation, and Calla listened with intrigue, spooning some of the freshly served stew into her mouth after soft blows to ensure it didn't burn. She looked thoughtful, contemplating what she wanted to do with the pieces of information she received. Now, she could head back to her little shop and continue her regular humdrum life. Or she could take a little break and head off on a brief adventure. Calla could pay someone to run the store while she was out, lock away the money, and make sure to leave foolproof instructions so nothing could go wrong...

She had been working in the shop since she was a teenager. Maybe a break would be what she needed?

Calla had been about to say something, but seeing the mystery girl chew with her mouth open was throwing her off.

"Dear, if you don't chew with your mouth closed your food might fall out." She told the white haired girl kindly, returning her attention to the others. "Looks like talk about that fortress really stirred up some intrigue. I wouldn't mind getting away from the shop for a while." She said aloud to particularly no one.

Reactions: Thaleko
oVaBACv.jpg

Itzal narrowed his eyes at Bruin. It was true that the man wasn't exactly a team player or villager of the year, or week. Still, he had use! It's not his fault his use tended to correlate to his own survival rather than giving to a community. He had lasted this long on his own, so he would obviously have know how to get some food and cook it. Whether hunting or foraging, or even fighting, he could pull his weight! He just wasn't going to wash dishes for a meal.

His sour expression lightened a bit as he felt another hand atop his head. Calla was one of the more welcoming people in town, both in terms of his presence as well as his remarks and she wasn't hesitant to give his head some pats.

"Well, I'm not washing your dishes or mopping your floor. So unless you want me to find you some mushrooms that won't make you trip balls or give your customers some entertainment, I guess you're stuck with my useless rat face." The man laid his elbow against the bar, propping his chin up with his forearm and sticking his tongue out.

As conversation about the so-called fortress continued, the boy let out a light huff, nodding to Deirdre.

"Mystery girl has it right. Whatever it is sounds like a whole lot of trouble. I mean, what's the point in it? Say hello or just raid it?" Itzal questioned with a minor scoff. "It's one thing if they're bandits or something, but no point pissing some people off unless you know they're gonna mess with you."

Still not fond of the idea of stirring up that kind of trouble, Itzal's eyes traveled to Deirdre once more. His gaze then followed hers to its target, staring at the shrouded individual asking about the mysterious fortress. He shrugged, not really knowing the answer. Itzal could recall trying to interact with her, but the woman's eyes gave him a similar look to Bruin minus the accompaniment of words.

"Vagabond maybe?"

Felix Anderson

Date:
Monday - September 5th, 50 AFB
Interactions:

As the cat-boy and the new girl in town take a bite out of the apples, Felix begins to giggle for a moment, then stops, noticing that neither of them provided much of any reaction whatsoever. That was no fun. Perhaps he needed some stronger material for them? Regardless, the fort thing sounded much more interesting to him than a failed prank. And on that note - "What makes you sure they're bandits and not just some random settlers? The area is pretty good to settle! And they could just not have noticed us over here!"

The heavily cloaked one obviously believed them to be bandits, and both Raymond and Josh seemed convinced at this point. Raymond wasn't particularly the most agreeable person in town, but he was dependable, and he knew how to think. Probably why Josh had come to him with the spotting first. His suppression of the news was expected either way, but he wouldn't let Josh just go to the mayor with the news if he didn't think so as well. Perhaps there was more to it than face value? Felix wasn't exactly hurting for assets, but he could definitely go for some adventure - after he finished with the field for today. Perhaps he'd be able to convince anyone heading thereabouts to wait until morning to set out?

Vester seemed pretty interested in the fortress, too. Felix didn't see him around very often. The guy tended to stick to himself in his little hut a few miles outside of town. Something about attracting too many grimm? Felix didn't quite understand it. They had the defense system to deal with the grimm, didn't they? Speaking of them, wouldn't bandits draw the creatures as well? If they really were bandits, perhaps the town wouldn't even need to do anything! That'd be awesome! He'd never seen the ruins of an encampment the grimm had destroyed before!

Raymond and Josh gulped down the last of their drinks, slapping a few coins to the table to cover the costs. "Well, we'll be off to talk to the mayor about it. Mayhaps there'll be a nice reward if any of you want to take a looksie later. Have a nice one, kiddos." Josh makes to follow him, swaying a bit. He never did have the best tolerance for alcohol, and he'd just gulped down half his tankard in one go. He's a bit too focused on his walking to do much more than hold a hand up in farewell.

Felix watched them walk off, obviously warring between the urge to follow and try to eavesdrop and the urge to keep his promise to return to work the fields he'd promised to today. "If any of you are thinking about going to talk to the mayor about that, could you wait 'till tomorrow to leave town? I wanna come with too! But I'm already booked for the rest of the day... Maybe I could meet up with anyone going tomorrow morning?" Felix looks around with a hopeful gleam in his eyes. He knew at least one person was likely planning on going to talk to the mayor after this.

Deirdre Vesta
tokarev-girls-frontline-jpg.195241

@EmperorsChosen @Jessica2477

"Dear?" That sounded a lot like her name, so it triggered the silver-haired girl briefly, but she regained her composure. "Huh, is that so? Well, I don't want that to happen; it would be a huge waste," she replied, shutting her mouth and munching until she swallowed all of her current bite. She tilted her head. "So you're some sorta shop lady, huh? Is a shop lady prepared to go to some fortified bandit fortress?" she questioned Calla.

"'Mystery girl'. 'Dear'," she began. "You can keep calling me that, or just call me Silver. Or Jane. Whichever. Whatever," she stated flatly, wiping her mouth on her sleeve.

Blinking lazily she repeated, "Vagabond? That one? Looks scary. Like 'military'? Never seen one before, but that's what comes to mind when I look at her."

Juniper Garnet

1588382691561.png

Date: Monday - September 5th, 50 AFB
Interactions: @Thaleko @kookyboy9
Turning to address the girl in the stripped jogging suit, she asked about taxes, or what they meant at any rate, a question none of the rest had the inclination or maybe even the knowledge to answer, so she pauses from playing with her yoyo, recalling and putting it away as she gives the answer, walking about the floor.

"Taxes as in, you pay them in food and grain and they don't kill you all in your sleep. How it normally works for bandits. In the old world people would pay governments a portion of what they earned from working, which was then turned into infrastructure and defenses for the population. Anyone that is from that era that says taxation is theft is an idiot and shouldn't be listened to."

She wouldn't be surprised if villages like this one had some form of taxes to help keep things orderly, but this village was in better straights than some.

Answering the one known as Silver as she later introduced herself, the girl and the cat girl then went on a conversation about if Juniper herself was a vagabond, she ignores the conversation of the duo with the nearby Cowgirl as she ponders her next course of action. When the apple boy was quick to speak up, asking if the rest could wait for him the next day, did he think this all was a game?

Judging by how he looked, he likely did.. Well, nothing to do about it, though his request wasn't too unreasonable. "I would like to take an early look to confirm it for myself but it would be best to wait till all the details are on hand, plus as late in the day it is they would likely be on alert, though if I go tomorrow morning it will be very early on. Otherwise I'm waiting to see what your mayor has to say."

With that said the woman heads back where she was earlier to play darts, there was no need to rush off anywhere just yet.

Bruin Burnet
Date: Monday, September 5th, 50AFB

Interactions: Pretty much everyone.

Bruin more or less remained silent as everyone continued to interact. He poured drinks, watched the on goings of the bar. He sighed and took a drink of sip from his own personal bottle of whiskey. He was gonna need a drink if this kept up. It was busier today than he'd expected. That wasn't a bad thing. Just meant more talking. The whiskey helped with that.

"Who she is is probably a question best answered by the lady herself." Bruined gave Juniper a quick glance, but ultimately, he wasn't the type to just share anything he did manage to learn so easily. Though he likely knew a bit more about the girl than most of the other towns people. "And the shop lady can kick her fair share of ass," he said softly, a small laugh escaping his lips. The lack of a proper name, or a name he suspected to be the mystery girl's real name, made him weary, but he shrugged it off. "I'm pretty sure she gets more excited than anyone about a good brawl." He couldn't help but give Calla a small look, stifling another small laugh as he left his place behind the bar once again to drop fresh cup before Vester.

"Still, I'm not surprised y'all don't wanna head out. Specially you Kitty Litter. But honestly, the alternative to checking it out at least, is that we wait for them to come to us, possibly when we're at our weakest." Surprisingly, no actual insult. Unless the cat counted Kitty Litter as an insult. Bruin was unsure about all of this though. Regardless, he was more than likely to be among the first to head on out to talk to the mayor about all this. There defense network couldn't help quite a bit, but it was best saved for serious threats, like Grimm. Plus, if they really were building a fortress, he might be able to find a few things that could be snagged for himself. Whether it was for inventions, for the town, or whatever, a good chance to scavenge a few new things didn't come around that often. Best to take advantage of it.

"I'll probably be closing up shop early today everyone. Best to get to finishin your meals and drinks," he announced to the patrons of his humble establishment, having already made his decision. Wasn't like he had anyone else to handle minding the place while he was gone. Not today at least.

Kinzo_Anime.png
Interactions: @Jessica2477

Vester followed Bruin's suggestion. Pissing off the bartender that kept him supplied was on a list of things he planned to never do. He threw back the mug to polish it off and dug into the bread he'd been avoiding. Good meal. Much better than cooking unseasoned food over a fire while on Grimm patrol.

With that done, he needed to get to the fortress and scout it and do it properly, not just trust the poor information from Ray and Josh. If it was being turned into a raider base he could pawn the information for payment. If it was just some folks passing through - though he very much doubted that - well, then he'd be in trouble since people weren't his strong suit. Unless he was driving one blade through their throat and another through an artery in the leg.

"Hey, Cow, think I can ask you for a favor?" He kinda knew her name but never really bothered actually learning it. He knew she and her family did weapon work but since most of his only required sharpening which could be done with any rock there wasn't a need to visit much. The few times he had, all he needed was to tell them that the recoil mechanism in his blades wasn't operating as well as it should. "I'll be outside."

He didn't want Bruin to kick them out. Or to try and get in on what he was planning.

Date: Monday Sep. 5th, 50AFB
Beleron made certain to be seen by the lookouts on the final approach Into town. the watch knew these traders were coming and so were aware he'd be leading them, but they'd given him warnings that that was no excuse to go popping up out of nowhere over the lookouts shoulders. so after the first few. . . incidents involving startled guards he'd realized it was best to rustle up the forest floor a bit on his way in.
After catching the eye of the lookout he waved and (determining nothing seemed amiss) went back to his charges and led them the last short jaunt into town. he was looking forward to getting paid and heading to the inn, he enjoyed the woods but was ready for a relaxing day or so in town after a week of helping these hapless traders through the Grim infested countryside.
speaking of which "well sirs, a deals a deal, i got you here safely now i expect the second half of my fee." the merchant looked somewhat perturbed at this comment. and started patting his belt pouch.
"well sir the thing is. . . i don't really have the second half yet" the merchant winced as their guides hand went instinctively to his weapon a quick curse escaping his lips. "b-b-but i should have it by this time tomorrow."
Beleron closed his eyes and took a deep breath, this wasn't entirely unexpected. the trader had been awfully worried about the terms. He'd given them the benefit of the doubt and tho he could probably take this to the mayor it would certainly just be easier to wait the day, i don't live this glamorous lifestyle for the unfathomable riches it gave him. anyways it wasn't like they could just leave whenever they wanted, he was their ticket in or out of here. "just come by the inn as soon as you have my payment in order"
as he led the merchants into town his sour expression drew the attention of the lookout but he shook his head at the querying look and the man went back to his business. he showed the merchants which inn he'd be at and then gave them directions to the mayors house. "he'll be able to answer any questions you have on how to set up shop around here."
that being over he made his way inside. walking over to the bar he sat down, ordered a drink, a meal, and was about to release a contented sigh when he started actually listening to the conversation.
Such news was disturbing, he didn't trust anyone who felt the need to set up an armed encampment so close to another community without at least announcing their presence first. his brow furrowed as he thought on the situation. it sounded like those present were spoiling for a fight but generally such ideas were foolish as any conflicts were usually accompanied by a frothing pack of Grim afterwards. rather than speaking up though he thought he might do a quick reconnaissance at dark when his superior sight would help him to avoid detection. the last thing he wanted was for Calville to go down in flames shortly after driving off bandits just like so many other towns. his brow furrowed at the memories of the last time he'd seen such an event occur

Calla Daulfern
Mentions:
Interacting: Vester @Daedalus30185

Her attention was called by a blonde man who she had seen in Bruin's tavern quite a few times, and a face who entered her shop once or twice. She didn't remember his name as it had been visits too few and far in between, but she did recognize him because of his appearance. To her, he looked like he'd seen better days, but since she wasn't quick to judge, she didn't want to automatically label him as something he wasn't.

Though, it seemed like the important of manners hadn't gotten through. She was in another person's establishment though, and she would not want to stir up trouble. Instead, she would merely address him much like he had just addressed her.

"Well Small Cock, that depends what you need." She responded, finishing up the rest of her food and drink quickly before getting out of her chair.

With an "I'll be right back" to Bruin, she followed the blonde man outside to see what it was he wanted.

Kinzo_Anime.png

He couldn't remember her name so he had to make sure she knew he was talking to her and referred to her by a defining trait - her being a cow faunus. Didn't call her a "milky whore" or anything like that. Besides, most people - faunus in particular had to have been called worse in their life.

Calla was only little behind Vester so he didn't have to wait more than a few seconds at most. His voice was dry as he spoke. He didn't care one way how this went down so long as he got the money to pay Bruin for the casket. But if this goes well he may not need to worry about paying for weapon maintenance again. "Well what I have will be worth some money to you, but if you'd rather act like you just finished breeding Grimm, well that's your choice. But I can get you and your family's store some good money. Probably. That old fort? It's gonna help us or kill us. If we beat them to it, we get a bigger cut. Does first crack at trading sound good to you? No waiting for the mayor to give permission and lose out on a trade deal. And if they're bandits, then we can say we did a community service before they had a chance to burn us - or our crops and livestock - to the ground. Either way you come out ahead. If you take advantage of this now."

He wasn't sure if the faunus would strike him, but hopefully she'd be able to see how worthwhile it'd be. Getting first access to anything was essential for non-food and Grimm related work. He didn't know if her family was making money but this would certainly be a boon. If she didn't though, it'd probably end in a brawl in the center of town which was never a good thing. He kept his hands near the kama blades tucked into his back pockets in case it went physical rather than profitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calla Daulfern
Mentions:
Interacting: Vester @Daedalus30185

Calla stood by him with her hands on her hips, unable to help the smile that crawled onto her face from the insult he gave her.

She chuckled softly, "Oooh, touchy aren't we? And here I thought we were just stating facts about each other."

Still, what he said intrigued her, and first dibs on whatever awaited at that old fortress did sound like a good way to earn some extra money. However, he was right; it was most likely dark and littered with Grimm or bandits. Could two people do it alone? Maybe. There was also the chance that nothing would be there and all of this would be for nothing, but, you can't succeed if you don't try, right?

"Tempting. What's your plan if we can't do it alone? Is your offer going to extend to our friends in the tavern? Oh, and one more thing."

Calla approached him until she was invading his personal space, her eyes looking at his. "Call me "Cow" again and I'll wear your skin like a scarf."

She finished the sentence off with a few pats on his cheek and a smile, awaiting his response to her previous questions.

"Ahhh......" the female mused towards the masked lady who responded. It wasn't terribly interesting, what she said, but still. Good to know. Her eyes lazily flicked over to the bartender.

"Hmm.. The shop lady?" Deirdre questioned thoughtfully, mouth full of bread that had been dipped into her stew. She looked mildly impressed to hear that the cow lady was so capable in a brawl. Mildly. It made sense, she guessed. Probably had some super-human cow strength in that Faunus body of hers. Eh, Deir wasn't sure how Faunus worked.

"What's your weakest?" she questioned him specifically, only to hear he was closing up early. "Ah." Well, shit. Suddenly the girl was a whirlwind of motion, stuffing her mouth and gulping down heavy glugs of alcohol. Together liquid and solid slid down her throat in heavy concentrations of mashed food.

Only after which Deir found herself stumbling outside, still clutching a bottle, mouth surrounded by food scraps. She had overheard what the two were discussing, only to interject. "Ah *hic* my semblance could help with that!" she announced suddenly, with a poignantly raised finger.

Leaning forward only to jolt back before she felt over, she waved her extended hand. "Hi cow lady~" She turned to the male. "Hi.. uh... angry boy!" She decided to explain herself. "Um, well *hic!* you see.. my semblance.. can help stave off any unwanted Grimm. They won't come near to me, if I'm *hic* uh, what was it.." She tapped her pointed chin in thought. "Oh, right! If I'm drunk! *hic!* haha! Which..uh....mmm...uhmm... AH! I am! Good! Perfect! Yes..! *hic hic!*" After she stumbled again, eyes rolling, she forced them open. "So.. So. Sooooo... So!.. Like. If you take me a....long! Then you won't have to uhhhhh um er uh," Deir snapped her fingers, "*hic!*worryboutgrim!*hic!* Yea, that's right! Cool, huh?" Deir finished, hands out, looking between the two.

Kinzo_Anime.png
Interactions: Jessica2477, @Thaleko

"Not interested," he said. He didn't need someone so sloshed they probably couldn't guess the color of the sky if you told them ruining things. Vester put a hand on the drunk's face and pushed her away. "I don't pay in booze."

His free hand pinched the bridge of his nose. "I called you that cause I don't know your name, Horns. I barely speak with your parents as is. Outside of "fix this" and "how much", I don't need to. But if it's too big," he paused as a hungry smirk crossed his face. "Well I know a few tricks to clear Grimm nests when you're short handed." The thought of slicing up some Grimm who run headlong into a trap left him tingling all over. He'd played the bait many times, using his semblance to get out of the way if something snuck up on him. It had been a job then. Now it was pleasure. "Ever hear the tale of Shanlong's Sting?"

The enjoyment he felt at the prospect of tearing into someone, or better yet Grimm, was quickly fading and being replaced with annoyance since the faunus still hadn't given him an answer. "So are you in or do I have to find someone who can make a decision?"

Felix Anderson

Interactions:

The group was starting to break up a bit. An owl faunus had entered the tavern right as Bruin had announced he was closing for the day, and Felix had other places he needed to be. Throwing payment for the stew on the bar, he jumped out of his seat and started towards the door, pausing for a moment to look back. "Thanks for the food Bruin!" That said, he dashed through the door, back into the town. Calla and the grumpy gus were discussing something, but it wasn't any of Felix's business. That said, he did catch a few snippets of conversation as he passed by. Something about going first? What was that about...? Wait! They were planning on sneaking into the fortress without him. He glanced back, only to see that the new lady from before had come out to talk to them. She seemed to be pretty drunk though. No way she'd stop them from going!

Felix stopped entirely, his desire to join the fortress expedition warring with his need to fulfill his promise to return to the field for the day. If he skipped out, that'd make him a liar... but if he went back to the field, then he'd miss out on the expedition. It was a hard choice! What should he do? He racked his brains, trying to decide which was the better course.

In the end, he had given the farmer his word. It'd suck if he missed out on the expedition, but maybe he could find an excuse to get out of the field sooner? Then he'd be able to go join them on the expedition! Even if he was a little late. That thought in mind, the young man continued off to the field. He'd be looking for his first chance to get out for the day!

Date: Monday - September 5th, 50 AFB - Evening

Deep in the forest, behind a fortification at the mouth of a cave, a pair of bandits dragged a woman with a burlap sack over her head through the passages of their new lair. The woman was doing her best to stay on her feet, although the bandits felt the need to drag her around for some reason. Eventually, they reached a cage built into the cave itself, where a pair of siblings lay inside, asleep. The front bandit stepped up to the door of the cage, unlocking and opening the door. The siblings inside begin to rouse as the bandits tear the sack off of the woman's head, shoving her inside of the cage.

The bandits shove the door shut again, and it clicks locked. As the pair walks off, the second bandit leans in closer to the first, whispering something to him, which elicits a raucous laugh. The pair disappear down the corridor. The sister sits upright, looking at the newcomer. "Are you alright?" She looks genuinely concerned, although the pair don't seem terribly alarmed to be trapped in a cage in the middle of a bandit-infested cave. Her brother just stares at the woman, before shaking his head and laying back down. The sister glares at him, then turns her attention back to the woman.

oVaBACv.jpg

Itzal raised a brow at Deirdre. It was pretty obvious by this point that the woman didn't want her name known, which somewhat perplexed the Faunus. What reason would anyone have to hide their name nowadays? Was she somehow famous? Infamous? There wasn't much that anonymity could afford her. It'd be one thing if she was a complete antisocial who didn't want to bother with anyone, but he laid his head in her lap for pete's sake and she took that rather well.

"I'll call you whatever you want me to, or just Rebecca," Itzal remarked with a smirk before his attention was drawn to Bruin. His tail, which was swaying idly, drooped as if to emphasize his displeasure. "Maybe, but if they were desperate enough to attack they'd have probably done it by now."

He wasn't stupid enough to suggest that no one would be foolish enough to just attack, mainly because he knew the answer from experience. Still, if they were just sitting off on their own, and fortifying no less, it stood to reason they planned to stick around. That also meant they wouldn't likely want a swarm of grimm to suddenly take an interest in the area.

Glancing behind, Itzal noticed a moody-looking man approach and call out to Calla, to which the Faunus woman remarked rather brutally. Itzal, as if to add insult to injury, brought his fingers up to cover his mouth in a mock gasp.

"Oooh~"

Unfortunately, the fun had to come to an end. Bruin was such a busybody and that meant that Itzal could no longer lounge around in the building. Watching the now drunk mystery woman stumble outside, Itzal hopped off a seat as well with a slight pout, a bit disappointed with Bruin having caused the other cute girl to leave.

"Are you really gonna go screw with the fortress?"

Calla Daulfern
Mentions:
Interacting: Vester @Daedalus30185 Deirdre @Thaleko Itzal @EmperorsChosen

Calla moved swiftly and placed a hand on Deir's back, helping the girl keep her balance so she wouldn't fall over after Vester pushed her by the face. She would say it was rude, but the faunus woman had pushed drunks away by the face once or twice in her life. She couldn't exactly tell him off without making herself sound like a hypocrite could she?

"My my, so hostile~" She cooed at him, bringing Deirdre closer by wrapping the arm that had held the girl up around her shoulders. With her arm around Deirdre's shoulders, the white haired girl would be pressed close against Calla's body.

Then there was Itzal asking his own question.

"But of course, Itzal," She turned to the cat boy briefly before looking back at Vester. "And I'd be delighted to investigate the fortress. In fact, why not make it a field trip and bring some helping hands? Our drunk little friend here surely didn't survive on her good looks and friendly attitude alone, and Itzal can hold his own in a fight."

As she spoke, her eyes never left Vester's. "Besides, we don't know what awaits in that fortress. It could be crawling with Grimm, or maybe a dangerous group of bandits are using it for something, or maybe a very competent killer lurks around those walls. I can certainly hold my own in a fight, but even I have my limits. And, well, even if you said no I think our friends here would come along anyway."

------

Blue
Mentions:
Interacting: The siblings @kookyboy9

Rough, calloused hands held her tightly, her feet dragging occasionally as they struggled to try and keep up with the much larger people she could not see. Despite having a burlap sack over her head, the heavy thuds telling her that these bandits were well equipped (or at least slightly more competent than the last group she'd been with, one the bandit on her left was heavier than the one on her right. Judging by the distance of the sounds, she could determine that the body was about a foot away from her own.

Ooo~ Maybe she should provoke the left one! They could give her more pain than their comrade!

She was shoved into what was her place of capture, allowing herself to stumble so she'd collide with the ground with a light thud. The momentary rush of pain made her feel sweet and giddy, though it was briefly interrupted when she heard the sound of a woman's voice. She adjusted her position so she was sitting on her knees, then looked at the girl who addressed her. The lady and the other person looked alike. Most likely twins. Judging by the way this woman's sibling disregarded her, he was impassive to new individuals. Stoic? Untrusting? Most likely the latter. The woman was definitely the more caring and empathetic of the two.

A bright smile graced her lips as she looked at the siblings, "Never better~ Well, that's not true, I've been through much worse." She giggled, before cocking her head slightly. "Do they normally treat their captives so pathetically?"

Deirdre Vesta
tokarev-girls-frontline-jpg.195241

@Daedalus30185 @Jessica2477

"Nn~Heeeyyy! W-watch the merchandise!.." Deirdre whined when the male shoved her by her face. In her inebriated state it looked like she was about to collapse, which is probably why the other female responded. Though, in reality, Deir didn't need her to. She wasn't going to fall over. Once drunk, Deir moved with all the grace of reversing dump truck, but actually had impeccable balance.

Still, the white-haired girl was not one to complain for she found herself hugged close to a fluffy, voluptuous lady. The boy didn't want her help, but this woman seemed like she was down for it. Blinking, Deir looked up at her, then grinned, and leaned in. "Ahhh~~ So soft~ Where were you when I was traveling? I would've had such soft pillows for all those sleepless nights! Mmm..~" Deir cooed, cuddling in, pressing her face into the woman's plump chest, and nuzzling in there. Soft sounds of sleep was coming from her, as if the drunk girl had passed right out.

Beleron Reefis
Interacting with: Demon Shinobi

Beleron ignored the barkeeps comment that he was closing shop and instead signaled to bruin before walking up. "hey, can i get the usual room, just got back from another trip. The roads were pretty quiet this time through."
With a deft throw he sends a jingling pouch flying towards Bruin "sounds like it might be balancing out at our doorstep though. any idea what this buzz about a fort is, those scout's should really learn to keep their mouths shut, i wouldn't be surprised if they get in some deeep shit for this one, sending cowboys haring off after the unknown."
as he said this he started checking his gear "y'know i should probably keep an eye out for any possible altercations here. large fights near a populated area. Naasty business, we got few enough towns as is without bringing a pack of grim to this place." He eyed the barkeep questioningly hoping for a hint as to which way it was or what bruin thought of this whole thing.

Last edited:
Kinzo_Anime.png
Interactions: Jessica2477, probably others.​

Vester growled under his breath as the cow faunus started getting close with another person, delaying them even further. Assuming she actually wanted to go. She said she did, but the behavior seemed to indicate otherwise, taking time to smother the silver haired girl in her chest.. "I'm not watching after bottle breath there. You want her, make sure she doesn't slow us down." He wanted to get going and be there before nightfall. Or anyone else got an idea and made it out ahead of them. Maybe the cat faunus who'd been lying in the cow's lap earlier would be ready and willing to get moving. "What about you, Scratch-all? Feel like going now or do you wanna wait till someone else poaches up the job?" That was his name, right? He wasn't paying attention. Truth is, it didn't matter all that much.

They needed to get moving so he could start working on any defenses for a camp before the sun went down. There was no way he'd be going alone. But if these slackers didn't pick up the pace then he'd be out of a load of coin for Bruin's. And he was real desperate for some money right now.

Juniper Garnet

1588382691561.png

Interactions: None​

Looking on from behind her mask, Juniper was starting to have second thoughts with having picked this village. First the one silver haired girl was getting drunk to such an extent that the masked woman had to wonder if she could even walk. Then there was the man now speaking, he looked a bit grumpy and seemed to want to go now in the middle of the day, all because he wanted a few Lein. He also seemed to have a way with words, given the Cow Faunus was quick to anger at him. Then Bruin announced he was closing shop up early. The question she had was why? Was he also planning to go early? Night Operations she was no stranger to, but knowing this group they likely were planning to walk right straight into them. They haven't even learned the details of the camp other than it being in the Woods.. There were a more than a few Woodland areas around here with a considerable sprawl.

For now she would leave out to keep an eye on the others and so that Bruin could have his space, later on she could see if he needed anymore help. Upon further observation of the situation the Grumpy man being alone when he came here was painfully obvious, she wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of death wish. Humming a song to herself the woman is still toying with her yoyo as she heads past the gathering, meeting gazes briefly. She would be surprised if she seen them again not in slaver chains.. Though it might not hurt to look into it at least to see what was even being offered and the details. Making her way to the Mayor's Residence it would be nice to see the where and how much to this camp.

Clare Garnet
1590678807286.png
Date: Monday September 5th, 50 AFB
Interactions: None

Accompanied by her Wolfhound Siege, Clare keeps to the cover of thick trees and shrubbery, having followed a group of bandits with a prisoner in tow. While she was hot on the trail of Juniper this wasn't something she couldn't just ignore, no matter how bothersome it all was.

"..so bothersome. I need to find Juni.. Siege smell anything near us?"

"WOOF!" Bowing it's head and pawing at the earth, the wolfhound turns around to chase it's tail before sitting obediently. "Nothing huh.. Sloppy.. More so being in a cave like that, it's a deathtrap if the Grimm or even attackers come after them." Reaching down to pet him, Siege wags his tail as his ears twitch around, listening to the sounds around them, as the girl stops and climbs up a magnolia tree, lifting her hair out of the way from her eyepatch she starts to zoom in as much as possible with the old HUD display that was once produced by the Atlesian factories en masse.

"Hmm..nice gate at least..for wood and junk. Let's watch them for a bit Siege.. I don't think Juni will leave wherever that road was leading just yet."

Last edited: