RWBY: Grimm World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly Rousett, green
"A barefooted man with a scorpion tail and shovel nearly collides with you while running through a forest of monsters, and you ask about how common a trait height is amongst his familey? You are an odd one, aren't you? But yes, it ran on my mothers side. My mother's mother was, before her death nearly 7 feet. Now she's 6 feet. Under." The man responded to her question. His humor was pretty dark which made Holly a bit uncomfortable since she is a bit more light at heart. Not only that, but she might've brought back up unwanted memories for her new partner.

To change the subject, Holly decided to let them introduce themselves since she still has no clue what her partner's name is. She wanted to introduce herself first so she clipped her blades back together so they are a shear again, and shifted them to her left hand. She then put her right hand out signaling for a hand shake. "I'm Holly Rousett. I came from Signal Academy. My weapon is a shear which turns into blades, and my semblance deals with plants." Holly said. She basically covered all the basics her partner needed to know.

After letting her partner introduce himself to her, she listened to the plants again to see where the relics are hidden. It's obvious that the relics are important or else Professor Ozpin wouldn't have yelled about it. 'Relics. Northeast." They whispered to Holly "Seems that the relics are a bit more northeast from our position." Holly reported. "Let's go." Once those words were said, she went towards the relic following the plants directions, hoping that her partner was following her.

-Dyedary-
Dyedary took holly's hand in his and gave it a small shake "Dyedary Dirrge, my weapons a shovel that becomes a double headed axe and a rifle. I've lived in these woods for a short time before my admittance and before that lived outside the reaches of the cities and so was taught by the world's cruelty how to fight, my semblance lets me control the dead...but not very well. Yet." he let go of her hand and looked her up and down.

"Northeast from here? how did you know? i couldn't see anything while flieing thro- oh the plants told you didn't they? that's what you meant." He paced himself next to her, never focusing on her but instead eyes alight and constantly darting around he scanned every inch of the forest passing by for signs of danger. A smile began to grow acorss his lips that spread into a wide, toothy grin. He wasn't alone anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salmon, Silver
Salmon breathed an annoyed sigh as his new partner led them to god knows where. Fortunately, he had the sense to check the PDA distributed to everyone before the initiation. He quickly opened the touch-screen lock and searched for the map of the area. Marked by a red dot was their objective and a blue triangle symbolized the user's current location. Thank god for technology.

"Not to worry. When in doubt, consult a map. And don't fret. We're not exactly far from our destination. We're just off by one kilometer to the northeast." He said reassuringly. He was slowly returning to his carefree and soft-spoken attitude when he began to calm down considerably after a long walk. However, after spotting a Nevermore circling high above them, an impish grin appears on the cat Faunus' face.

Just as the Nevermore dove towards them, Salmon cast his line with all of his strength. The Nevermore caught the line in the middle with its beak but it was just as Salmon wanted. Hastily moving to the opposite end, he pulled at both ends and tangled the them even more until he effectively made an improvised rein for the avian Grimm. Deftly, he got on the struggling animal as if it were a steed and beckoned his partner to do the same.

"C'mon, comrade. We're getting to our destination in style! Besides, I'm done with walking anyway." He exclaimed while having a huge smile on his face.

Gavin nods as he listens to Hayden. In the back of his mind, Ozpin's sudden blaring announcement begins to make sense. Gavin spins as he walks, lifting his legs up to check the ammo belts on his grieves. They are still just over half-full, so he doesn't worry too much about them. If anything were to happen he could switch out the belts pretty quickly in mid-fight.

"I'm glad you can see that far. My eyes aren't that great. Too used to focusing on the close area." Gavin walks beside Hayden, looking at him now and then. "It's part of my Semblance actually. Probability. I can see the possible options laid out before me and pick the best one in any situation. Only problem is I can only check about five before I have to act. Sometimes there are too many paths and I miss something." He shrugs, stretching his arms up above his head and switching his hat around so the bill helps shade his eyes. "What about you? What's your Semblance?"

Hayden listens silently as Gavin talks while the walk to the far off ruins, keeping an eye out for any grim. Probability huh? That seemed like a good semblance to have as any, and would go perfectly with his own. "Well, the first thing you gotta know about my semblance is that it's always active, which is kind of annoying really. My semblance allows any kinetic energy or Aura energy that comes into violent contact with me to, instead of damaging me, build up inside of me, giving me what i like to call a, 'Power Reserve'. I can then use this 'Power Reserve' to enhance strengthen my body in different ways, for example giving me that speed boost you saw earlier, or allowing me to palm thrust my spear through a grim's bone hide like i did earlier. Though, when i absorb Aura, it's a different story, it still builds up in my 'Power Reserve', but since it's Aura i can use it to replenish my own Aura or use it instead of my aura to heal me. Long story short, the more damage i take, the stronger i get without actually getting damage, AKA, if someone shot or punched me in the face, i wouldn't feel it, wouldn't be damaged by it, and i wouldn't need to heal any damage taken by it, as the damage from it would just increase my 'Power Reserve'. Though there is a drawback, due to, um, early, experiences in my life, my body can't store a lot of 'Power' right now, but the more i train myself, the more i can store, and my 'Power' reserve is infinite, meaning it can store an infinite amount, but my body wouldn't be able to handle that. I've 'Over-filled' my power reserve before, and the result wasn't pretty. If i 'Over-Fill' it too much, i become something of a bomb or a balloon, in which case i will die in a massive and violent explosion, said explosion growing bigger and bigger due to all the kinetic energy it gains." He finished his explanation on a somber note, before he heard something loud above them.

He looked up and saw a person riding a nevermore... Hayden pointed upwards towards said spectacle before speaking. "Is that, a person, riding, a nevermore?" Sure enough, using his superior Faunas vision, some was indeed riding a nevermore, though he couldn't make out who they were, as they were too high and travelling too fast for him.

Gavin listens to Hayden, his mind instantly running through possible scenarios for fights. When Hayden finally finished Gavin gave him a small nods, the sombre tone actually getting through his normally easy-going attitude. When Hayden mentions a person riding a Nevermore, Gavin laughs. "Right. And next you're going to tell me a person ran away from a Death..." Gavin's mouth hung open, cutting off his response to Hayden. "Oh my hell. There really is." He couldn't help but watch the Nevermore fly, though he could only see a speck of a person attached to it.

Gavin shook his head, looking in the direction that Hayden had pointed out. "Let's not worry about that now. Let's just get to those relics and get our own." Gavin grins and runs toward the ruins that has the relics. He had to step carefully so he wouldn't get his grieves caught on any roots or in bushes. He wasn't as fast as Hayden, but Gavin could get a good burst of speed when he wanted to.

Holly, green
After walking with silence, she was able to navigate through the forest successfully, thanks to the plants. Holly arrived at the site with the relics, and placed her weapon down. She then placed her hands on her back and bended backwards a bit for a nice stretch. She felt like she needed a new stretch after all the walking and listening she did. Instead of picking her weapon back up, she left it there and went towards the mysterious relics.

The relics were chess pieces that were colored gold and black. None seemed to be taken yet so they had first choice. "Hmm..." Holly hummed while beside the pedestals that were in an arc shape. "I like this one." She said calmly while lifting up the black queen. She walked over her partner with the relic she had hidden behind her back. "Seems like we were the first ones so we got to choose first, and I got this." Holly pulled out the black queen she chose from behind her back so she can show it to her partner. "What do you think?" Holly asked her partner

Dyedary, purple
Dyedary watched her walk away from her weapon with a slight cringe but choose not to say anything about the dangers it presented and how uncomfortable it made him from his years of constant trouble. He looked at the relics then at the relic she showed him "I think...it's odd to send a bunch of kids into dangerous monster filled woods to retrieve over sized chess pieces. I like odd" he smiled warmly "and i think you chose the best one." he leaned in and looked at the relic closely, still smiling happily.

Dyedary shifted his footing and straightened bakc to a slightly relaxed stance with a look of slight worry incching onto his face "Do you think the others are having much trouble? I hope no ones seriously hurt." he looked a little distant for a short while then looked at Holly with his head tilted slightly seeming to have forgotten his question and now analyzing her with a curious look.

Hayden watched as Gavin sped off, watching him seemlessly dodge anything that would hinder him, before Hayden himself smirked, and darted off as well. As they were nearing the clearing around the ruins, Hayden tripped on a branch on the floor, causing him to fall flat on his face and skid on it, once again building up his power reserves to about 20% (Of what his body could handle). He got up, obviously peeved at this point in time, as that was the 3rd time in less than an hour that he had skidded on his face, which would have been extremely painful if his Semblance wasn't what it was. A scowl crossed his face before he used all of his stored 'Power' and darted off, faster than before but not fast enough to become a blur, and noted that there were a few people in the clearing as well. As he passed Gavin he seemingly slowed down a little, slow enough to give a condescending wink to him, before he sped up again. He reached the pedestals before Gavin, and thus had free pick, so decided to grab a black rook piece, and turned to Gavin as he arrived. "This one good?" He asked as he waved the piece in front of him, playful smirk on his face.

@Didary @RareSecret @TheGDeer @ShiroKiyoshi @V0calStat1c @Ornstein @Accelerator @Krieg

Gavin was surprised he was ahead of Hayden on the run. He shouldn't have been though, not after the explanation of Hayden's Semblance. He hears Hayden fall behind him, only to watch as Hayden dashes past. "Damnit! That's not fair!" Gavin doesn't bother to try and speed up, he actually slows down a bit. He still wasn't used to running long distances with his greaves on his feet. Gavin stops once he reaches the ruins, putting his hands on his knees and trying to catch his breath. "Looks... fine.... to me." He snaps his hand out, trying to grab the relic from Hayden.

Salmon, Silver
Salmon no longer waited for his partner's response as he quickly grew impatient. Without a moment's notice, he grabbed Charcoal's hand and pulled him up on the Nevermore's back. Then, with a snap of his makeshift rein, he prompted the avian Grimm to take to the air and soar towards their destination, the ruins. Indeed, utilizing the enemy's ability to their advantage is a key component to winning battles. The Nevermore was still a bit rebellious during flight which worried Salmon a little, If this thing decides to go kamikaze on them, he may only have seconds to react in order to save both himself and his partner before the nevermore plummets into the ground. Fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case as they managed to reach their destination, albeit they were still a few hundred feet in the air.

The easy part's over. Now come's the tricky part. Getting the bird to descend gradually rather than rapidly would prove to be a challenge as it could just plummet straight to the ground and kill all three of them. Tugging the reins a bit more forcefully, Salmon sent the Nevermore on a slow descent. However, halfway near the surface the Grimm began to get agitated and started thrashing violently and suddenly nosedived towards the ground. With only seconds to react, Salmon pushed Charcoal off the bird when he deemed it a safe height for a person to fall, collapsed the reins restraining it and morphed his weapon into its rifle form, then fired a regular shot that propelled him off the Nevermore. The bullet went through its head before its lifeless body crashed into the ground with a loud thud.

On the other hand, Salmon tucked his body and rolled a few feet upon landing before coming to a complete stop which effectively transferred all that deadly energy to the ground. He got up and dusted himself off before picking a chess piece at random as if nothing happened. It gave everyone else the impression that goes something like "Hey guys, sup? You know, I'm just riding Nevermores to get to my destination and casually picking up chess pieces after killing it in mid-air when it turns on me then landing safely. Just a normal day in the life of Salmon Katnyp."

Status
Not open for further replies.