RWBY: Grimm Hearts (Closed)

Should I include Mature content in this RP (sex, drugs, etc.) to make it even more realistic?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PIZZA! (This will be regarded as both Yes and No)

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
T

The Philosoraptor

Original poster
R.W.B.Y.
rwby_wallpaper_by_moonscarf7-d6jheeq.png

Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past.
Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness — creatures of destruction — the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.
However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust."
Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life.
But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... darkness will return.

It is a time of darkness, yet it would not be noticed by the average eye. Cinder Fall has vanished with her subordinates, Roman Torchwick has been recaptured after a successful escape attempt, the White Fang has seen a drastic decrease in popularity and numbers, and the amount of Grimm on the borders of the kingdoms have decreased dramatically.
And yet no lights shine, and no one smiles at these good things. Team after team of Huntresses and Huntsmen have disappeared, leaving the kingdoms increasingly defenseless. Political tensions between the Kingdoms of Remnant have increased dramatically due to this. And a feel in the air, a tingling running down everyone's spine, tells the citizens of Vale, Vacuo, Mistral, and Atlas that their hardships are far from over.
The last straw was the disappearance of Teams RWBY and JNPR. While no questions would have been raised otherwise (Headmaster of Beacon Academy, Ozpin, had a tendency to send his students on secret missions), the quarters of both teams had been ransacked, and signs of struggle were blatantly clear. At once, all the pieces came tumbling together.
Someone was targeting the Huntresses and Huntsmen.
As part of a worldwide directive to increase defenses around the kingdoms, a notice was delivered to every citizen, in or out of combat school, from the core to the far corners of Remnant: Special privileges would be granted to each and every family of a student who applied and was accepted into Beacon Academy. A flood of new potential Huntsmen flowed into the academy, some cast out for failing the entrance exam, others for not being up to standard, and some who simply died while training.
You are one of these new recruits. And you have a dark destiny ahead of you.

Plot
You are to be a future part of the four-man Hunter Team AVNG, and a future student at Beacon Academy. Due to the rushed training and acceptance procedure, missions are assigned earlier than before, and students may not be as prepared as in the early days of Team RWBY and Team JNPR, much to the chagrin of Headmaster Ozpin.
However, along with schoolwork and on-the-job training, Team AVNG will be responsible for investigating the disappearances of the missing Hunter teams, and, if at all possible, rescuing them. At the same time, Team AVNG will discover a shocking secret, one that could rock the entire world of Remnant. And could destroy their own lives as they know them.

CS (If you needed me to say so, delete the parentheses when making the character)
  • Name: (Must start with an A, V, N, or G, and be or be related to a color)
  • Appearance:
  • Personality: (List traits)
  • Weapon: (Make it original. Make it badass. The law of originality extends to anything already made in the RWBY canon, meaning you can't have a scythe or hammer-fists. You can copy and edit from other sources, but try to make it your own with your own special tweaks.)
  • Semblance: (This can be difficult. Please refer to the RWBY wiki for more information on Auras and Semblances, and please contact me before including it)
  • ???: (TBA later in RP)
  • Brief Bio: (3-4 paragraphs, four sentences each)

RULES
  • This RP will contain some mature content because, unlike Monty Oum (bless the poor man's soul), I believe in gore, blood, and the chilling images of skull-masked monsters attacking and tearing people to shreds. Monsters do bleed. You can chop off their limbs. And you can kill in-game characters. However, there is a bit of other content. I'm including the romance option here for the sake of variety. You will be able to hit on canon or original characters (with permission from the creator of OCs). I'm debating anything 18+ in that category, and will put it to a vote.
  • Each post should be around two to four paragraphs, four sentences each.
  • Posting should be around once a day to once a week.
  • If absences are going to happen, inform me ahead of time, and your character will be put in the hospital for some temporary treatment. (smiles evilly)
  • Be polite to others.
  • Keep profanity in the IC and OOC to a minimum.
  • And under no circumstances are you to FLIP. YOUR. FUCKING. SHIT.

PROTOCOLS & COMMENTS
  • During OC/OC combat, posts are to be kept to a one sentence minimum, three maximum. Who wins is determined by popular vote, or, if the players choose, by myself. This is to prevent OP behavior or one-post KOs and increase the ferocity of the battle. These fights may go on for a while, so if you intend to fight a player, be prepared to sit at your computer and duke it out for a few hours.
  • Co-GMs are welcomed, but not necessarily necessary.
  • Any major changes or inclusions to the RP (besides major plot points) are handled via POPULAR VOTE. You can decide whether or not something gets included!
  • Only four characters will be accepted, including mine. Teams in the RWBY universe typically consist of only four Huntsmen/Huntresses.
  • And before I forget... All characters' first names must begin with a letter from the team name, and must be or be related to a color (both being the rules of the universe). That means that each character's name must begin with an A, a V, an N, or a G, and must be or be related to a color (simply because it sounds terrible, please do not name a character Grass or Green).

REFERENCES
All characters in the RWBY universe are gifted with extraordinary abilities. They can create duplicates of themselves, wield incredible weapons, and are the best fighters on the planet. And creating original characters in this universe is no doubt going to be an extraordinary amount of fun. However, it can be extremely difficult to come up with an original weapon for the universe. It can be difficult to understand and choose the proper Semblance and Aura. Therefore, these sources are provided to facilitate the creation of a character. More will be added as time goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Azher Merin

Appearance:
New45.png

Personality:
Irreverent, detached, cynical, disrespectful, questionably sane.

Weapon:
Diablo Espada, the Sword Devil, is a tool of Azher's own design, based on sword-throwers he grew up around back in Mistral. When dormant, it takes the form of a rather inconspicuous, though frightening, backpack. In it's active mode, the sword sheaths extend out from Azher's back, and act as blades in their own right, being sharply edged on one side each.

From each sheath, Azher can pull a crystalline blade that, while usable at close range, are best used as projectiles, which can be detonated remotely from a distance. Each blade is formed from crystallizing catalysts maintained in the skull portion of the backpack, which are processed and released through the sheaths rapidly in succession depending on Azher's needs. While the amount of material is relatively small due to size limitations (the skull fills up the entirety of Azher's back, and to prevent leakage or excessive damage, has a half-inch thick shell. Therefore, only about 4 liters of material is available for each battle), only a fraction of each full container is necessary to produce a full sword.

Each sword is capable of withstanding about 410 lbs of force, making them perfectly capable of going up against the strongest bladed weapons. The crystalizing catalysts are compatible with dust, which can affect the reaction of a sword when it is detonated (red dust results in excessive conflagration, blue dust in ice formation, yellow dust in electrocution, etc.). The sheaths modify Azher's fighting style, essentially giving him four arms during combat.

Lucifer.jpg

Semblance/Aura:
While not fully mastered, Azher's Semblance is Crystal, which manifests by forming an armor in a certain area on his body. While incredibly strong, it can be broken with application of extreme force.

Bio:
Born and raised in Mistral, Azher was the son of a fisherman and a schoolteacher. For the first eight years of his life, Azher had little to do with combat besides occasional scuffles with local bullies. At age nine, however, Azher discovered his Semblance, and, after asking some questions of a Sanctum Academy teacher, developed an obsession with battle and combat. Inspired by the combat school students around him and a frequent entertainment act in his hometown, Azher developed his first weapon, which would later evolve into the modern Diablo Espada.

At age twelve, Azher applied to and was accepted into Sanctum, and excelled despite his general aloofness. His teachers described him as having great potential, but considered him too rebellious to authority figures to ever make an efficient Huntsman. Fellow students had a few choice words of their own for him. However, other former Sanctum students have stated that it was when he first went into combat with the Grimm that his mind broke, no matter what he did to hide it. No one knows the exact details, except that the Grimm had ambushed Azher and the other Hunters-in-training, some died, and Azher survived.

At age nineteen, having grown tired with the atmosphere of Sanctum, Azher leapt at the opportunity to go to Beacon. Primarily, his thoughts revolved around how best to insult his teachers, hunt Grimm, check out girls, hunt Grimm, and hunt more Grimm. However, he also immediately sought to prove himself, in his eyes at least, to everyone back home in Mistral, that he could fight with the best and be better than he could have been at Sanctum. Nothing ever crossed his mind regarding the missing teams. Until he got there, of course.

Name: Neon Toverich
Appearance: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/122/a/a/my_oc_for_my_rwby_stories_by_loppyjordan-d71oxaq.jpg
Except the hair is shorter and brown with green highlights.
Personality: Comedic, upbeat, tenacious.
Weapon: Exoskeleton. It extends along his spine, legs and arms. Think Advanced Warfare. It improves his strength and stamina 10x. With the push of a button in the palm of his hand it transforms and put his hands and forearms into armored gauntlets that can deliver earth shattering punches. Both gauntlets also contain short range flame throwers. It also puts a helmet over his head. All painted neon green.
Semblance: Neon can control gases, such as helium or argon. Some are harder than others. Helium is harder due to being lighter but oxygen is easy because it's a standard. This does mean he can "airbend" to an extent but it wouldn't be effective, barely producing a light breeze. The real advantage is in isolating strands of flammable fumes (such as petrol evaporations.) It is veryhard to master and at thebeginning of the RP he'll only be amateur level.
Bio:

Neon hales from Vale but spent most of his years in Atlas. He dreamed of becoming a hunter. Unfortunately, he was paralyzed from the neck down due to a tragic accident, involving a fire,when he was 10. He was given an experimental exo-skeleton to regain his mobility. It was a large success. He held fast to his dream of becoming a hunter and modified it to combat specs. Since age 14 he has trained at an esteemed combat school and graduated with flying colors.

When Roman Torchwick and his Whitefang friends blew a hole in the cities outer wall with a train, his parents were killed by the flood of Grimm that followed. With his recent acceptance into Beacon he sees an opportunity for revenge. He is not easily angered but getting in the way of his revenge may land you in the hospital.

CS is fin. I sure hope this picks up soon.

CS is fin. I sure hope this picks up soon.

Try expanding the Bio. Recall that 3-4 paragraphs are required. Add filler. Give background on Neon. As well, is there anything particularly special about Neon's exoskeleton? Any wrist-mounted guns, 'nade launchers? Feel free to keep it as is, but just know that there are options.

A for Azher.
V for <blank>.
N for Neon.
G for <blank>.

Waitingwaitingwaitingwaiting...

I wonder...

Do Faunus count as Furries? Should I put that in the tags?

They are, I just don't think it counts.

P.S. Death to furries! -The Imperium

It is indeed cute. But as I said, I don't think it counts.

On the condition that you remember your correct punctuation. Unless you're typing from a mobile device?

I am actually typing from a mobile device at the moment, and just wanted to get a quick post out there before I have switch over.

I am actually typing from a mobile device at the moment, and just wanted to get a quick post out there before I have switch over.

Just be sure to punctuate properly when on the computer. A personal pet-peeve, is all. What were you thinking of for a character, if I may ask?