RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So. Cool," she murmured with awe in her eyes. "So your whip can shoot missiles too, huh? That's reallll neat. I got this thing, myself..." she stated, pausing to pull a ridged shield off of her back. At the press of a button, the shield split into two war fans.
"That's an interesting transformation. How does it handle in combat? It seems like you'd have to develop a whole fighting style around the weapon, the way I did around Lilac Lash."

But the light topic had passed, and she frowned visibly. "Oh, that's not true at all. Faunus are really nice. At least, the ones I know... Which I guess is only my father. But you can't judge a whole group of people based on the actions of a few, right?" At least, that was how she viewed the whole spectacle.
"I know. I lost some business in my store because I didn't mind who I sold to. Some of the humans refused to come into a store that catered to Faunus. People are just people. And some people are jerks."

@C.T. @The Tactician @Ringmaster @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

---------

"Colorful crowd."

Muttered Rowena at first to whoever was closest at her table, looking around at everyone before she rose up.

"Umm....So everyone here is planning the life of a Hunter or Huntress. Starting at some point, once the storm passes we're all going to be traveling on a very dangerous hike. Blondie is right- We're all going to be working together. So I guess the question I wanna ask is...Why? Why do you want to join in, after all the recent news?"

u27TVi7.jpg

"You wanna know why I'm here? Shoot, almost feel flustered it's not much of a story to tell. "

Pulling off his hat and laying it on the table, Cillian twirled one of the fake pieces of hair that he had stitched into the sides of the mask. Clasping his hands together, Cillian glanced around the room at those gathered. All these people seemed so nice. Even the one who had originally thought his masks looked creepy had wished to become friends! Even if she was far more into sewing and knitting than he was.

"Always liked helping folks. Whether they be animals or people. S'long as it makes people happy, I'm pretty happy myself. Figured I'd be a farm hand for life and didn't really mind it. Mama was ill and couldn't help my pa around the barn. So I pitched in and it seemed like that'd be the routine for the rest of my days. Turns out though that a fire started in the barn. Wood can be replaced and built back up. But my ma couldn't."

Picking up his hat and looking up at the ceiling, Cillian closed his eyes. Though the gesture would have been lost due to the buttons on his mask. "Ran in there and saved her just in the nick of time. Didn't want to risk losin her. Got some bad burns in the process but t'werent nothin to cry over. I decided I'd try to help more folks and that's where I got the idea of being a hunter. Folks approved, I had unlocked my semblance and so I was on my way. Pleasure to meet y'all."

Slipping his hat back atop his head, Cillian rose from his seat as he sat next to the girl who had been staring at the wall for some time. He wasn't going to judge. Some people often needed to look in strange places to get inspiration and walls were often one of them. At least in his experience. Deciding to speak up though, Cillian extended a hand towards Banshee.

sZgaOkQ.jpg

"Hiya!"

@Hospes @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

ping his hat back atop his head, Cillian rose from his seat as he sat next to the girl who had been staring at the wall for some time. He wasn't going to judge. Some people often needed to look in strange places to get inspiration and walls were often one of them. At least in his experience. Deciding to speak up though, Cillian extended a hand towards Banshee.

sZgaOkQ.jpg

"Hiya!"
When he first slid into the seat, the girl didn't even seem to register his presence. There was something... off about her eyes, like there were small squares over the pupils-

Then they were gone, and a slightly befuddled girl noticed someone had sat across from her. She blinked and glanced down at the hand with a frown. she sniffed the air to check... something, whatever she hoped to find either not present or unclear as their brow furrowed in thought.

"...Hi."

She finally said as she hesitantly reached towards the hand and gave it a firm shake. The very tips of her hair started to shift back to blue.​

"That's an interesting transformation. How does it handle in combat? It seems like you'd have to develop a whole fighting style around the weapon, the way I did around Lilac Lash."

"I know. I lost some business in my store because I didn't mind who I sold to. Some of the humans refused to come into a store that catered to Faunus. People are just people. And some people are jerks."

@C.T. @The Tactician @Ringmaster @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

There was a brief thoughtful look conjured up by those words. "...You think so? --Ah, well. It works wonderfully, actually! And huh, I guess I never really thought of it that way... Night Tearer's always been my weapon, ever since I started training. My mom was never really a fan of anything bigger," she explained, not even realizing she'd just made a pun. "Oh, she also helped me with the name! She said it'd be really fitting after... After....."

Terrified, feminine screams rang through the entire house, not that anyone outside was any the wiser. No, the horrors that the Creum family was facing was theirs and theirs alone.

"BRAITH, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING DOING IN OUR HOUSE?!" demanded the screaming woman as she frantically scrambled to get away from Griffon chasing her through her own home. In the background, the Faunus could only watch with an animated sweatdrop as his wife so frantically ran. It was too early in the morning for this- he hadn't even had his coffee yet. Syana, though, obviously had the worse side of things. And it was just as the man began to reach for his weapon that his wife was cornered by the thing, left defending herself fiercely with a broom. Quickly, a shotgun round hit the thing in the back, and the Faunus prepared himself to gift the Grimm many more.

That was about when the door to the room got kicked down, a young woman calmly entering the room with her hands neatly clasped in front of her. But this didn't last long, for in a calm and ladylike(or as ladylike as the action could be) manner, she drew MAG-7s, and began to fire at the Grimm mercilessly. Despite knowing what the girl was capable of, Syana and Braith watched with mild awe, though the former did so as she threw herself to the floor in horror and attempted to avoid the gunshots. Eventually, the Grimm was felled(though oddly, it merely vanished), and there was a collective sigh of relief from all but the maid, who curtsied and calmly went off to resume her duties.

All while a certain young girl slept peacefully in her room, ears occasionally flickering as cute little sounds parted her lips in her unconscious state. That was the day Mona had discovered her Semblance.

Slowly losing her train of thought, she simply shrugged it off. What she had been saying couldn't have been that important, right? In any case, a frown now painted her lips. "That's just stupid--" Just as soon as the word had passed her lips, Mona's eyes widened, and she covered her mouth with both of her hands. "...I'm sorry! I shouldn't use that language."

@C.T. @The Tactician @york @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

"How many do we have?" Minori muttered to themselves as they scratched the side of their chin and started to count fingers.

"Cillian, Rachel, Lavi, Celadon the virtuous, Rowena the uncompetetive, Mona, and I think thats it for the surefires. But... stock us for three, no, four more. I have a feeling" They finished with a short nod and a grin.

There had been three others at the inn that Minori had been sure were going to Valhalla as well. They just needed a little more convincing to speak up, and Minori was nothing if not convincing when they needed to be
Angus placed down a small coat as well, hesitating before adding another.

Both too small for him and if Minori looked questioning, Angus grunted out.

"Girl and her kid brother."

The shopkeeper nodded and tallied up an ending price. Angus turned to Minori and spoke.

"Pool our resources. Everyone can pay us back."

And then it happened, Angus spinning towards the door of the General store as he scowled.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @General store

------------

1-snow-storm-thomas-r-fletcher.jpg

It was times like this one could truly appreciate the world as it was. Kingdoms fell, heroes lived and died by their principles and villains schemed their layered plans. But the earth didn't care. It had gone in its countless ages and would continue to do so, long after everyone was gone. Grimm, Human or otherwise they were here for but a short time in the eyeblink of a geological age and then gone.

For Ivankov, this was nowhere more apparent then the storms that would sometimes blow down from the mountain. In such times, one could imagine the Winter Maiden in her dance of seasons spinning out her part, her gifts of ice and cold to the world below. The fishing would be good then... Grimm hardly liked to go out in the cold as well. Which meant one could fish on the frozen lake and need not worry overly.

He chuckled and continued on his trek through the town.

He was complacent. The snow was thick and heavy, the cold piercing through his layers of clothing. He was in the middle of town and overall, didn't believe there was any danger in walking from his house to the store.

When he was attacked, the only noise that happened over the wind was a scream of terror that was almost immediately cut off.

------------

The Shopkeeper paled in the inn common room as following the scream, came another noise that rattled the windows. Greater then the wind and more terrifying before all went deathly still.

"Grimm!"

Rowena downed her cider, placed it on the counter gently and then turned as she pulled up her hood and slipped on the gas mask before heading out the door.

@C.T. @The Tactician @york @Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits

The shopkeeper nodded and tallied up an ending price. Angus turned to Minori and spoke.

And then it happened, Angus spinning towards the door of the General store as he scowled.
Minori snorted as they got out their card. "Nothing wrong with a bit of kindness from humanity's future defenders Lake, don't look so sheepish. Now, how much do we owe you-"

Their hand snapped to something at their side as the howl split the air, their jovial smile disappearing in an instant as their eyes narrowed and they spun towards the door. as well. They glanced to Lake and nodded before turning back to the shop keeper. "Put those on hold for us. We'll be right back." They said with a reassuring smile before they jogged for the door.

The cold air hitting their face just added to their alertness as they looked around with a snarl. "I'll check one side of town, you the other?" The said with a glance to Lake as their right hand grasped at something unseen at the side of their belt.

@Ringmaster

It was times like this one could truly appreciate the world as it was. Kingdoms fell, heroes lived and died by their principles and villains schemed their layered plans. But the earth didn't care. It had gone in its countless ages and would continue to do so, long after everyone was gone. Grimm, Human or otherwise they were here for but a short time in the eyeblink of a geological age and then gone.

For Ivankov, this was nowhere more apparent then the storms that would sometimes blow down from the mountain. In such times, one could imagine the Winter Maiden in her dance of seasons spinning out her part, her gifts of ice and cold to the world below. The fishing would be good then... Grimm hardly liked to go out in the cold as well. Which meant one could fish on the frozen lake and need not worry overly.

He was complacent. The snow was thick and heavy, the cold piercing through his layers of clothing. He was in the middle of town and overall, didn't believe there was any danger in walking from his house to the store.

When he was attacked, the only noise that happened over the wind was a scream of terror that was almost immediately cut off.

------------

The Shopkeeper paled in the inn common room as following the scream, came another noise that rattled the windows. Greater then the wind and more terrifying before all went deathly still.

"Grimm!"

Rowena downed her cider, placed it on the counter gently and then turned as she pulled up her hood and slipped on the gas mask before heading out the door.

The sound was out of place before the screech even came, to at least two of the females in the place. One of which was quicker to react than the other, a hand reaching into her cloak and, in a single swish of it, she was out the door and braced for the fight. There was no hesitation at all, and she had her pair of gun-like weapons out within moments. Her muscles were tense and she felt no lack of heat despite the biting cold, though the hair on the back of her neck stood on end much like the wolf that she possessed and hid her tail of. But her prey was no rabbit, squirrel, or even deer- she was on the hunt for Grimm.

And she was out for blood.

Mona on the other hand, had a bit more of a... delayed, reaction. She turned to the others remaining in the inn excitedly, a smile on her face. "Wow, our first Grimm as a team together!" she stated before scrambling to pull her shield off of her back again, before gesturing for the others to follow her. "C'mon, let's kick some Grimm butt!-- Oh, that wasn't very nice of me... But it's our duty to save people and we can't have them running around," she sighed to herself before walking out the door and joining those gathered.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @The Tactician @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @General store

------------

------------

"Grimm!"

The sound was out of place before the screech even came, to at least two of the females in the place. One of which was quicker to react than the other, a hand reaching into her cloak and, in a single swish of it, she was out the door and braced for the fight. There was no hesitation at all, and she had her pair of gun-like weapons out within moments. Her muscles were tense and she felt no lack of heat despite the biting cold, though the hair on the back of her neck stood on end much like the wolf that she possessed and hid her tail of. But her prey was no rabbit, squirrel, or even deer- she was on the hunt for Grimm.

And she was out for blood.

Mona on the other hand, had a bit more of a... delayed, reaction. She turned to the others remaining in the inn excitedly, a smile on her face. "Wow, our first Grimm as a team together!" she stated before scrambling to pull her shield off of her back again, before gesturing for the others to follow her. "C'mon, let's kick some Grimm butt!-- Oh, that wasn't very nice of me... But it's our duty to save people and we can't have them running around," she sighed to herself before walking out the door and joining those gathered.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @The Tactician @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits
As the shopkeeper yelled the name that brought terror to so many, Lavi couldn't help but almost maniacally grin as the chance to finally battle came. She hadn't expected it to happen so soon, before the test had even begun, but she wouldn't look a gift Grimm in the mouth. Alright, Arachne, it's time to test you out and see what we can do! Onwards!

Right past Mona and out the door, the wheelchair bound girl sped along to join the fight though she did not only push her wheels in the approach. A sole finger pressed three of the buttons on side panel the chair once she had enough room to feel safe in doing so, and suddenly, a great whirling was heard from what had previously appeared to be a backpack and that was now suddenly expanding with metallic plates were released from it. The metal began to encase Lavi almost protectively in a cocoon of steel before changing course and building from the bottom of her shell to form another body that seemed to be a bulb with legs attached to it.

After a few more brief moments, the process was complete and before everyone gathering to fight whatever Grimm was terrorizing Geat Village stood a marvel of engineering. Like a spider, the four-legged device painted a fiery red like magma that had been expelled by a volcano seemed to dance back and forth, seemingly testing its own ability to maneuver before raising its two arm-like appendages in a celebratory manner. From a speaker, a familiar voice could be heard laughing in glee.

"Success! Unit 01, codename Arachne, deployed and fully operational! Now lets tear into these guys, everyone!"

post-2-1120691686.jpg

"Grimm!"

Rowena downed her cider, placed it on the counter gently and then turned as she pulled up her hood and slipped on the gas mask before heading out the door.​
"YES! Our time has come. This is the start of a long journey, companions! This will be the day our names will begin to shine, signifying to the world and everyone in it that no matter how much darkness thrives and spreads and swallows cities and schools alike, good will always arise up to combat it! The neverending battle, the unceasing glory! We will crush all our enemies! COME!"

Celadon held the hilt of her great blade Chrysamere with one hand, the other grabbing hold of the nearest comrade(in this case, Aven) and dragging her along through the air as Celadon laughed heartily, charging off into the oncoming battle.

"..."

@Ringmaster @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @everyone​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

------------

"Grimm!"

Ervin Douglas
@C.T. @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits

Ervin had just finished drinking his cider, trying to calm himself once more after that annoying broadcast... He was usually calm and collected, until something got under his skin, but as the scream rang out, and the shout that Grimm were present occurred, calmly got up... Pulling out his "Twin Furies".

Looks like this was his chance to let off some steam.

Without a word, he promptly headed outside, to assess the situation. His eyes scoured his surroundings not just for Grimm, but any viable inanimate objects he could animate... After all, he was certain whatever Grimm had come to down, was far from alone.

"Grimm?! Here?" Rachel had only practiced, and hadn't actually fought many Grimm yet, at least not the bigger ones.

But still, this was her chance to shine. Taking a deep breath, she hooked Lilac Lash to a nearby rafter and swung out the front door, landing in a squat, one hand on the ground.

Her analytical mind took over. She scoped out where the enemies were in relation to the Hunters, and with a quick flip of her weapon, sent a small barrage of tiny missiles at a Grimm that had not closed with a target yet.

Regardless of the result of her attack, Rachel would launch herself into the air toward the Grimm she'd targeted, her semblance forming around her. The purple strands went from gossamer and light to the equivalent of sticky piano wire, entangling painfully anything close enough to get stuck in it. Thankfully so far, no other Hunters were close when it manifested.

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Hospes @Chewy Rabbits @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ whomever

"Grimm!"

Rb2sH3L.jpg

Perhaps it was the fact that he had literally stitched a smile into his mask but Cillian wasn't deterred at all by Banshee's reluctant sounding hello. People were shy and some people were outgoing. He sure as heck wasn't about to judge when he was the one who had a mask on his head and was dressed up like a scarecrow.

Taking Banshee's hand, he shook it happily as he laughed. "Firm shake you got there. Pleasure to meet ya! I dunno if you heard me when we all went through introductions earlier but name's Cillian. Think we're headin to the same place so figured I'd get to know you folks."

But before he could go any further with his greeting, something terrible happened! Grimm had been reported which meant people were in danger! This vague denomination of 'people' just so happened to include him. But most people couldn't do what Cillian could do. Turning away from Banshee, Cillian bowed humbly. "Sorry about all this nasty business. Would love to talk more when we ain't havin to fight mean ol Grimms." With that, Cillian rolled up his sleeves to reveal Nocturnal Nightmare-two duel gauntlets-strapped to each forearm.

Making his way outside, Cillian began to whistle as darkness crept out from under his feet while a pillar of it began to billow behind him. Anything that encroached upon the darkness would have to be extra cautious in avoiding getting sucked into the endless depths of Cillian's darkness. It was this semblance in combination with his ghastly appearance that often earned Cillian double-look overs. But he didn't mind one bit. People were more than free to think what they wanted and Cillian would respect it.

Creatures like Grimm didn't think though. They just kept on destroying whatever got in their way. Which meant Cillian would do whatever he could to stop them. In this case it meant gobbling up whatever number of Grimm that he could within his darkness and then spitting them out.

c2605bdc7a163b3591facfc83601e97e58d465de_hq.gif

"Such dreadful business, but a necessary one."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer (u butt head) @The Tactician @Michale CS @Hospes @Ringmaster

Angus nodded, a quick jerk of the head before he turned and without a word made his way opposite and was soon lost in the snow storm.

All around, the noise from before echoed out and followed after by the sounds of doors locking and windows sealed up.

Oh, and the sudden missile barrage on....Nothing. There was a sound and there was a scream, but by the time they had all gotten out, the thing that had been there was gone. As was the body of whatever victim was there, with only a slightly burned hat to denote that there was someone.

The roar echoed once more, closer it almost seemed and from a pathway, sprinting their direction was the following creature. A Grimm of feline origin.

And then at some unseen signal, the ambush began.

From the rooftops, leaping silently came massive shadows that sought to slam into the hunters from above, following up with a slam of their clawed paws as they roared out in the open.

razortooth_by_night_eco-d72kx1i.jpg

Razortooth. And one for each hunter and huntress it appeared.

"Aww... I could have sworn something was he-yaaww noo!" She looked around where she'd launched the missiles and frowned, but suddenly was diving backwards, but she didn't avoid the attack from above altogether, and was sent tumbling backwards, bruised and off balance.

After a quick scrabble, she managed to retrieve the weapon, but the Razortooth was too close to launch missiles at! Panicked, she swung Lilac Lash at the face of the beast and rolled to one side, hoping her attack struck home. Her intent was to blind it, but it was a wild swing at best.

Maybe she wasn't cut out for this after all.

@C.T. @The Tactician @york @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits
@Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Angus nodded, a quick jerk of the head before he turned and without a word made his way opposite and was soon lost in the snow storm.

All around, the noise from before echoed out and followed after by the sounds of doors locking and windows sealed up.

Oh, and the sudden missile barrage on....Nothing. There was a sound and there was a scream, but by the time they had all gotten out, the thing that had been there was gone. As was the body of whatever victim was there, with only a slightly burned hat to denote that there was someone.

The roar echoed once more, closer it almost seemed and from a pathway, sprinting their direction was the following creature. A Grimm of feline origin.

From the rooftops, leaping silently came massive shadows that sought to slam into the hunters from above, following up with a slam of their clawed paws as they roared out in the open.

Minori returned Angus' silent nod before they headed the opposite way. The doors slamming and windows shuttering brought them more comfort than dread. Sure, now they wouldn't have anywhere to run, but hopefully it meant little to no townsfolk in harms way, nor in their way. Minori only hoped that the others were actually experienced at this, or had the werewithal to admit they weren't ready before charging into the snow-

The snarl from a nearby roof had Minori draw their weapon in a flash. Or at least, they went through the motion, yet there was no sheathe or blade to be seen. It was almost silly looking as they stood there and mimed holding a sword. Their eyes swung to the roof the sound had come from, but the beast had moved. They huffed and slowly circled, hands held as if there was a sword defensively pointed downward-

A roar and the sound of whooshing wind caused minori to dive to the side in a graceful roll. Adrenaline spiked, and an almost nervous laugh skipped past their lips as they took a few steps back to regard the beast as it recovered from its pounce. "Well. Aren't you scary! All fur and teeth and hate." They took a few practiced swings with their not there blade and skipped back a few more steps and slightly to the side with a mocking, amused sigh.

"Too bad you're just a simple beast beneath that mask, or this might've been fun."

@Ringmaster
------------

Banshee had stayed in the in when everyone else had left. She frowned slightly and turned back to the wall for a few moments, but when the sounds of combat finally erupted, she huffed and got up to walk for the door, in no rush before she vanished into the snow.​

The boastful swordswoman got little more than the slightest of hints, but that was enough. Her stance shifted, giant blade adjusting to catch one of the Grimm's claws right along its edge. Sufficient for a block, though the force still sent her back with her boots grinding against the street. "HA! Is this a joke? I've seen more threatening housecats!" Celadon smirked, falling into combat stance--oh right. The one she had grabbed. "..." Swiftly her gaze shifted left to right, counting. An even number on both sides. "Perfect! Heads up, quiet one!" With no more warning than that, Celadon tossed Aven at the nearest untaken Grimm as hard as she could before charging forward yelling at the top of her lungs in a suitable battle roar.

"Wait hold on--" Too late now. With a blink, Aven's eyes glowed bright purple mixed with black. Almost instantaneously, a weapon began to form in her hand with the same colors, a staff at its mid but blades of sharpened sword on either end. One of which she sought to plunge deep into the beast in an attempt to end this swiftly.

@Ringmaster

• Nice Execution!

Ervin Douglas
@C.T. @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits

As he thought... Grimm rarely traveled alone, and these Razortooth were no different... He had been carefull, hanging back from the group, and for a good cause... The Razortooth were known for their element of surprise, but this didn't stop a stray razortooth from leaping out at him anyways.

He was ready.

Aiming his Twin Furies towards his oncoming attacker, he backpedalled as he fired a steady stream of dust rounds towards the creature. He saw no need to animate anything yet, as he needed all the concentration that he could get... However, he was fortunate enough to be in a location ripe full of items he could bring to life.​

EqKX8F5.jpg

"Well, ain't that a nasty kick in the head?"

The darkness swirled around Cillian's feet but he made no effort to draw closer to the beast. Instead, one of the tendrils within his darkness appeared underneath the fallen hat. Flicking the hat towards the farmboy, he'd hold it in his free hand. He felt bad for whoever this hat may have belonged to. Seemed to be a nice hat in any case. It'd only be respectful if the hat got the dues that the owner could not recieve.

All because of this big beastie here.

Cillian wasn't one to rush in and start kicking ass. Rather, he kept in touch with his rather laid-back demeanor as his claws hung at his side. Instead if the creature were to pounce or make any kind of movement at him, the darkness surged outwards. Seeking to trap the creature's feet and pull it into his depths. What would happen to it then after that? Well, Cillian hadn't had any human victims fall within his darkness so nobody was hundred percent sure, not even Cillian himself.

One thing thaat he knew for sure however? Whatever came in, it didn't come out right.

"Time to go, fella."

226f6978c8ef4d0ae1721e6875906f674b3cfdd9_hq.gif

@C.T. @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers @york

While her eyes may have betrayed her when it came to spotting the beast, Midna knew better than to rely on only one of her senses. Dark blue eyes narrowed, scanning all around her with attentive ears and a scent coming to her otherwise reddening nose. She wasn't bothered by the cold, sure, but that didn't mean that it didn't have an effect on her, physically. In any case, her eyes briefly widened before narrowing, and she hurriedly jumped backwards as the Grimm pounced, her feet skidding on the snow-covered ground as she gave the beast a once over. Calmly, she straightened herself, her grip on her weapon briefly loosening as a prayer went through her mind.

I apologize that it must be this way. May the moon guide you to safer lands.

There was naught but the sound of a roar as the beast leapt at her, and at first, it seemed as though she may have been out of luck. Perhaps her journey was merely not to be, if she couldn't even protect herself, here... But then the flames could be seen, roaring and raging at the Grimm in hopes of engulfing it accompanied by the sound of thudding footfalls as Midna dashed and dodged as was appropriate. But there was a clear scratch and bruise on her face, which made the fact she'd been struck obvious.

@Ringmaster

Within the safety of Arachne's abdomen, Lavi watched with a glint of excitement as her Grimm approached with a predatory stalk. She was ready for this, prepared to crush anything that remotely resembled a Grimm, and this Razortooth would be her first victim.

"Here, Kitty, time for your flea medicine..."

One moment, the beast growled and pounced at the spider, provoked by the taunting speaker on the robot. The next, its eyes widened in shock as Levi's wrist twitched the controls to the side and suddenly, the spider was no longer in danger of the beast's claws and jaw. In the final second, a howl of pain echoed from it as the pouncing cat landed on the ground only to be met by gunfire courtesy of the submachine guns built into the spider's arms.

"Awwww, does it hurt, little kitty cat? Awwww, I'm so sorry~"

And that's how their little dual went, the predator turned into prey as its gimmick of pouncing and lashing out with its claws only occasionally scratched Arachne's paint in return for more wounds in its hide. It was honestly rather repetitive and boring once Lavi had gotten into the groove of it all. Slide to the left, aim, fire, fallback and prepare for next move...

After a minute, the beast finally began to sway in place before crumpling into a heap, leaving Arachne and its pilot the victors. However, rather than immediately celebrating, the girl sighed and began to look over the status screens of her pet project. Damage is only superficial, need to order that special shade of red once we're settled in along with some high-rise oil for my baby. Ammunition is still sufficient for the testing period, though I'll need to speak to a teacher once we're up there. All in all, a successful first mission for us, Arachne! Good job!

Giving the interior of her cabin a pat to show her approval and pride, Lavi finally focused on the outside again. She maneuvered over to the others who had finished with their battles, and waved Arachne's arms and caused it to hop from side to side in joy to show her own happiness, "Woohoo, great job, everyone! Let's go find some more of those dastards!"

Status
Not open for further replies.