RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Mona Creum, at your service, new friends!" came a new voice. Which was odd, because it hadn't seemed like the door had opened or closed at all to let in the young white tiger Faunus that was now regarding the group with glimmering eyes, her ears flickering as she observed the group with a smile. "Wow, my first friends since leaving home! And you're all aspiring hunters and huntresses just like me, too! Best. Day. Ever!!" she exclaimed, black-striped white ears flickering attentively as she began excitedly looking around. She knew well of the storm that was coming, and admittedly, she didn't particularly care for them. They were much too loud for her tastes, and....

And.....

Dark grey, nearly black eyes widened when they landed upon the hat atop Lavi's head. All train of thought was derailed from the tracks, as could so easily be done with her, and she had totally zoned in on the little puffball on the hat. It looked... Like... A rabbit tail.... Urge to pounce was rising quickly, and Mona had to fight the desire. She was strong, she could resist, she could do thi-- Suddenly sinking to her knees, her chin coming to rest on//by the armrest of Lavi's wheelchair with wide and twinkling eyes. "I love your hat!" she complimented out of nowhere. "...Hey, did you make that quilt yourself? Neat!"

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Michale CS @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits
"Eh?!?!"

Lavi jerked her arm aside to make room for the black-haired girl to lay her chin on her armrest. Where the heck had she come from? Had she been hiding up in the ceiling or something? Was she a ninja?! Okay, probably not a ninja, but that didn't mean the mechanic couldn't dream, right?

Oh, right, she needed to respond to what the girl had said. Too bad the compliments made her cheeks light up like her namesake. It took a moment, but she brought her embarrassment to not stutter as she responded to the girl, "Oh, uh... Thanks, and yeah. I knitted both of them in my free time... I'm Lavi."

"And, uh... your ears are cute too, Mona."

They were more than cute, they were absolutely adorable. She had to resist the urge to reach out and scratch and pet the cute little white fluffs, remembering that a lot of faunus didn't care for people touching their animal-like features. Too bad, they're almost like a cat's... A fluffy, lovable c- DAMMIT, STOP THINKING OF THE CATS, LAVI!

Minori bounced slightly in surprise as the faunus dropped down next to them and started to babble on. They took a breath to calm herself and gave her the same friendly smile and nod they'd give the others. "Yes, nice you meet you Mona. Glad to have you aboard as well."

Internally they were just reminded that by far the cruelest part of exile was not being able to take their pets with them : '|

But she fought that brief bout of depression down with a cough and-​
Rachel took a deep breath and did something almost totally out of character for her.

She put two fingers in her mouth and let out a shrill whistle, one that echoed in the rafters. What? She used to practice in the large stockroom behind the bookstore, to find out how loud she could do it.

"Hi. I'm Rachel." she immediately shrunk a little, holding her whip in front of her with one hand and giving a little wave with the other.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Hospes @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits

"Ow"

They gently rubbed one their ears with a small wince " Nice to meet you as well Rachel. Perhaps minus the tinnutis." They joked with a smirk. "So, I'll be off to get the supplies then! No use just sitting around in here when every moment we do is one we're not making progress. Anyone who wants to come with, feel free. Anyone who doesn't, see if you can't get some of the other prospects in here to join our... well whatever this is, its not really a team since they only ever get four, and certainly not a partner unit since duh. Squad? Do hunters use squads? I'm going to go with squad" They finished with a firm nod before they set off out the door after their brief ramble.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Hospes @york @Michale CS @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Michale CS
"Eh?!?!"

Lavi jerked her arm aside to make room for the black-haired girl to lay her chin on her armrest. Where the heck had she come from? Had she been hiding up in the ceiling or something? Was she a ninja?! Okay, probably not a ninja, but that didn't mean the mechanic couldn't dream, right?

Oh, right, she needed to respond to what the girl had said. Too bad the compliments made her cheeks light up like her namesake. It took a moment, but she brought her embarrassment to not stutter as she responded to the girl, "Oh, uh... Thanks, and yeah. I knitted both of them in my free time... I'm Lavi."

"And, uh... your ears are cute too, Mona."

They were more than cute, they were absolutely adorable. She had to resist the urge to reach out and scratch and pet the cute little white fluffs, remembering that a lot of faunus didn't care for people touching their animal-like features. Too bad, they're almost like a cat's... A fluffy, lovable c- DAMMIT, STOP THINKING OF THE CATS, LAVI!
Minori bounced slightly in surprise as the faunus dropped down next to them and started to babble on. They took a breath to calm herself and gave her the same friendly smile and nod they'd give the others. "Yes, nice you meet you Mona. Glad to have you aboard as well."

Internally they were just reminded that by far the cruelest part of exile was not being able to take their pets with them : '|

But she fought that brief bout of depression down with a cough and-​

"Ow"

They gently rubbed one their ears with a small wince " Nice to meet you as well Rachel. Perhaps minus the tinnutis." They joked with a smirk. "So, I'll be off to get the supplies then! No use just sitting around in here when every moment we do is one we're not making progress. Anyone who wants to come with, feel free. Anyone who doesn't, see if you can't get some of the other prospects in here to join our... well whatever this is, its not really a team since they only ever get four, and certainly not a partner unit since duh. Squad? Do hunters use squads? I'm going to go with squad" They finished with a firm nod before they set off out the door after their brief ramble.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Hospes @york @Michale CS @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits
Well shoot. That didn't go quite as planned. "Oh, I didn't scare you, did I?" Mona asked with visible concern, finding herself horrified with even the idea alone. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to at all, if I did. And, well, not if I didn't, either. I'm just really excited. And, well, you're an aspiring huntress, right? And I'm an aspiring huntress, sooo..." she babbled on, feeling the need to explain herself. "--The point is I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me, new friend!" With those words, she bowed her head, ears flattening as she did so. But soon said ears flicked back to life, perking up and twitching. This, of course, followed by her head rising again so she could properly reply.

"No need to thank me! I'm just happy to be of acquaintances, Miss Lavi!" There was a pause as she smiled brightly at the other female, the puffball atop her head having completely slipped her mind by now and the fact that the girl was in a wheelchair seemingly unnoticed, period. However, she did seem very interested in the fact that the girl crafted her items. "Ooooh, neato. I've never been good at making things aside from..." A pause came and the girl seemed thoughtful for a few moments. "...well, anything!" At least, that's what her mom had told her. Mona, herself? She thought that she made some pretty freaking mean paintings. ....And pastry puffs, even if they did turn out mostly black. They matched her color scheme, so what?? But then her eyes lit up.

"Aww, really? That's so sweet of you. Thank yooaaAAHHHHHH!"

To the ground, the Faunus crumpled with a thud, ears flattening against her head and additionally clamping her hands over them. There, she stayed unmoving and limp, almost as though she'd just up and died right on the spot. But give or take a minute or so, she finally moved just a tad, her lips parting as her closed eyes began to water. Curses. It sucked having ears than not only were more sensitive, but were even more more sensitive to high pitches and could hear pitches even humans couldn't. That whistle was devastating, leaving her to sway slightly even after she finally managed to sit up again. Tentatively, her hands began to remove themselves from her ears, as though unsure of whether she was safe or if the high-pitched whistle from hell would ring out again if she dared let her guard down. Once she figured it was safe enough, she sighed softly in relief, glancing up only when she realized she was being spoken to.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" she asked Minori a tad louder than intended as they spoke to her, her ears still ringing loudly and her head less than clear. But as they left, she just mustered a smile and waved with another slightly louder than intended couple of words. "OH, BYEEE!"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS @Ringmaster

"WHAT WAS THAT?" she asked Minori a tad louder than intended as they spoke to her, her ears still ringing loudly and her head less than clear. But as they left, she just mustered a smile and waved with another slightly louder than intended couple of words. "OH, BYEEE!"
"Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. It's just that everyone was talking and I didn't want to be ignored and oh God I really messed up why am I always so awkward around people?" She rattled off, rocking on her heels and looking at the floor.

"I just wanted to be noticed... for once."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Hospes @Ringmaster

rb3ZJZ.gif

It was snowing.

The winds were picking up, he could already tell the moment he stepped outside that it would be a rough night- Possibly even a few days. One of the side effects of living by a lake rather then a forest. Out in the woods, the trees acted as windbreakers to disperse the gale. The pines insulated and brought a sense of warmth. Enough to get through the next day, enough to survive out in the wild. There was a primal clarity to it, bereft of the noise even a generally isolated town such as this had.

The lights, the sounds....The girl with the nice eyes wanted to be noticed?

She was welcome to it. Civilization was like the ocean. It was nice once in a while, but you never stayed for long.

Planks of wood creaked and a flash of lightning filled the skies as the thunder boomed like fighting Nevermores. Angus found himself following the only other link he had to familiarity in turn, side by side as he said quietly.

"Why?"

Giving them a curious glance, he added with a grunt.

"Why Valhalla?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

---------

"Colorful crowd."

Muttered Rowena at first to whoever was closest at her table, looking around at everyone before she rose up.

"Umm....So everyone here is planning the life of a Hunter or Huntress. Starting at some point, once the storm passes we're all going to be traveling on a very dangerous hike. Blondie is right- We're all going to be working together. So I guess the question I wanna ask is...Why? Why do you want to join in, after all the recent news?"

No need to ask what news exactly. It had been two months or so at least now. She had been in Goblin Town at the time, listening to the Tournament when the terrorists had attacked. The rest of the day was full of nightmarish scenarios, ones which people around her reacted in various ways. Some happy that the White Fang had struck, others sorrowful for the loss of life. Still more had become violent as clashes between innocents, the White Hand and angry Faunus became more and more common.

Heading for the bar, she took a spiced cider and sipped before speaking.

"Me? I want to make a difference personally. Way things are going, they're going to need everyone they can get. And I can do more within the system then out."

Broadly true.

Not a lie at all. :|

@Hospes @york @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @The Tactician @Michale CS

Well shoot. That didn't go quite as planned. "Oh, I didn't scare you, did I?" Mona asked with visible concern, finding herself horrified with even the idea alone. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to at all, if I did. And, well, not if I didn't, either. I'm just really excited. And, well, you're an aspiring huntress, right? And I'm an aspiring huntress, sooo..." she babbled on, feeling the need to explain herself. "--The point is I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me, new friend!" With those words, she bowed her head, ears flattening as she did so. But soon said ears flicked back to life, perking up and twitching. This, of course, followed by her head rising again so she could properly reply.

"No need to thank me! I'm just happy to be of acquaintances, Miss Lavi!" There was a pause as she smiled brightly at the other female, the puffball atop her head having completely slipped her mind by now and the fact that the girl was in a wheelchair seemingly unnoticed, period. However, she did seem very interested in the fact that the girl crafted her items. "Ooooh, neato. I've never been good at making things aside from..." A pause came and the girl seemed thoughtful for a few moments. "...well, anything!" At least, that's what her mom had told her. Mona, herself? She thought that she made some pretty freaking mean paintings. ....And pastry puffs, even if they did turn out mostly black. They matched her color scheme, so what?? But then her eyes lit up.

"Aww, really? That's so sweet of you. Thank yooaaAAHHHHHH!"

To the ground, the Faunus crumpled with a thud, ears flattening against her head and additionally clamping her hands over them. There, she stayed unmoving and limp, almost as though she'd just up and died right on the spot. But give or take a minute or so, she finally moved just a tad, her lips parting as her closed eyes began to water. Curses. It sucked having ears than not only were more sensitive, but were even more more sensitive to high pitches and could hear pitches even humans couldn't. That whistle was devastating, leaving her to sway slightly even after she finally managed to sit up again. Tentatively, her hands began to remove themselves from her ears, as though unsure of whether she was safe or if the high-pitched whistle from hell would ring out again if she dared let her guard down. Once she figured it was safe enough, she sighed softly in relief, glancing up only when she realized she was being spoken to.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS @Ringmaster
... Oh my god, she's too cute.

As Mona dropped to the ground in pain, a worried expression came over her before alleviating itself as her new friend rose up once again. It seemed just like one of her feral friends, Mona was sensitive to the high pitches of sound that people like Lavi couldn't hear. She shook her head at the thought as she waited for Mona's hearing to return to normal, only able to imagine how difficult that made her friend's life since no one else would understand her pain.

Once she was sure her friend's hearing was back to normal, the redhead reached over and tapped on her shoulder, trying to get her attention, "You don't need to say sorry or thank you, Mona, and... I'm sure there's at least one thing you're good at making. You've just got to find it!"
"Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. It's just that everyone was talking and I didn't want to be ignored and oh God I really messed up why am I always so awkward around people?" She rattled off, rocking on her heels and looking at the floor.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Hospes @Ringmaster
"Hey."

Once she had made her point to Mona, she rolled over to the wallflower who seemed to be having a panic attack at the moment. She looked up to her with a sweet smile while holding out a hand for her to hold.

"It's okay, you didn't know, and besides, we're all friends here. You don't have to feel nervous around us."
rb3ZJZ.gif

It was snowing.

The winds were picking up, he could already tell the moment he stepped outside that it would be a rough night- Possibly even a few days. One of the side effects of living by a lake rather then a forest. Out in the woods, the trees acted as windbreakers to disperse the gale. The pines insulated and brought a sense of warmth. Enough to get through the next day, enough to survive out in the wild. There was a primal clarity to it, bereft of the noise even a generally isolated town such as this had.

She was welcome to it. Civilization was like the ocean. It was nice once in a while, but you never stayed for long.

Planks of wood creaked and a flash of lightning filled the skies as the thunder boomed like fighting Nevermores. Angus found himself following the only other link he had to familiarity in turn, side by side as he said quietly.

"Why?"

"Why Valhalla?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

---------

"Colorful crowd."

Muttered Rowena at first to whoever was closest at her table, looking around at everyone before she rose up.

"Umm....So everyone here is planning the life of a Hunter or Huntress. Starting at some point, once the storm passes we're all going to be traveling on a very dangerous hike. Blondie is right- We're all going to be working together. So I guess the question I wanna ask is...Why? Why do you want to join in, after all the recent news?"

No need to ask what news exactly. It had been two months or so at least now. She had been in Goblin Town at the time, listening to the Tournament when the terrorists had attacked. The rest of the day was full of nightmarish scenarios, ones which people around her reacted in various ways. Some happy that the White Fang had struck, others sorrowful for the loss of life. Still more had become violent as clashes between innocents, the White Hand and angry Faunus became more and more common.

"Me? I want to make a difference personally. Way things are going, they're going to need everyone they can get. And I can do more within the system then out."

Broadly true.

"Why?"

She had been silent a few moments after attempting to comfort Rachel, contemplating the question. With a nod, she finally spoke up so that it could be heard by the bartender known as Angus, wanting to make sure every word was clear.

"I came... to live up to my family's legacy and my brother's memory, and to show that I don't need to be protected like some rare, precious vase that's been in the family for years. To be stronger and to be proud is why I came to Valhalla."

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
rb3ZJZ.gif

It was snowing.

"Why?"

"Why Valhalla?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

---------
Minori took a deep breath of the fresh air when the pair exited and let out a contented sigh as they stared up into the wintry sky and felt the wind buffet their jacket. A survivor of the wilds they might never have been, but long nights on the wall and a life time of training under the stern gaze of their father had left them far from a foppish child of civilization. Despite the thunder in the sky and chill in the air, the grin on their face and excitement gleaming in their eyes was entirely genuine.

As was the way the look faltered at Angus' sudden question. Their eyes cast down to the ground for a moment as the grin turned wry as they considered it for a moment. They shrugged, and started off down the street.

"Why not? Is it weird for the child of the guard's captain to want to get out of that shadow, use my skills for something a bit more adventurous?"

They glanced back as they walked, own eyebrow raised.

"What about you, Lake? What brings a country boy all the way to Valhalla?"

@Ringmaster
"Colorful crowd."

Broadly true.

Not a lie at all. :|​

"Didn't like my old trainers anymore. Still have things I need to kill."

Whatever had the girl with the weird hair staring at the wall was over, and she had shifted in her chair to stare down the rest of the inn in open curiosity, analytically roving up and down all the prospects and inn patrons one by one.

@Hospes @york @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @The Tactician @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Minori took a deep breath of the fresh air when the pair exited and let out a contented sigh as they stared up into the wintry sky and felt the wind buffet their jacket. A survivor of the wilds they might never have been, but long nights on the wall and a life time of training under the stern gaze of their father had left them far from a foppish child of civilization. Despite the thunder in the sky and chill in the air, the grin on their face and excitement gleaming in their eyes was entirely genuine.

As was the way the look faltered at Angus' sudden question. Their eyes cast down to the ground for a moment as the grin turned wry as they considered it for a moment. They shrugged, and started off down the street.

"Why not? Is it weird for the child of the guard's captain to want to get out of that shadow, use my skills for something a bit more adventurous?"

They glanced back as they walked, own eyebrow raised.

"What about you, Lake? What brings a country boy all the way to Valhalla?"
"Better ways." He said simply. The life of a Hunter and Huntress was a glamorous one true. Almost all the stories had something to say regarding that. But he'd spent his childhood years growing up in the wilderness and while simple, it was always dangerous. More so when he first activated his semblance. A power like that wasn't the sort of thing that made for a long and fulfilling life, when the madness took over. Hopefully, Valhalla could teach him more about that. Maybe. Beyond that?

Hunting was something he thought about less then you did breathing. It just...Was. If you didn't learn, you died.

But was it something worth Valhalla?

To the latter question, he said simply.

"To test myself."

He paused as he looked at the general store of the town as lightning crackled.

"Everything's a test after all."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

----------

"Why?"

She had been silent a few moments after attempting to comfort Rachel, contemplating the question. With a nod, she finally spoke up so that it could be heard by the bartender known as Angus, wanting to make sure every word was clear.

"I came... to live up to my family's legacy and my brother's memory, and to show that I don't need to be protected like some rare, precious vase that's been in the family for years. To be stronger and to be proud is why I came to Valhalla."

"Didn't like my old trainers anymore. Still have things I need to kill."

Whatever had the girl with the weird hair staring at the wall was over, and she had shifted in her chair to stare down the rest of the inn in open curiosity, analytically roving up and down all the prospects and inn patrons one by one.
The Bartender was happy no longer would he be simply known as 'shopkeeper'. T_T

Rowena on the other hand would eye the disparate responses before nodding once.

"I see."

Honestly, it felt like a little of both for her in their replies. She wanted to be stronger, to prove she wasn't just some flower as well. She had earned her skill in places that mattered to her, in skirmishes where the Grimm stalked in human form. She wanted to be stronger to protect those she loved.

But she had things she needed to kill as well.

"Ha! Like that's even a question. To stay true to my family name and honor those that came before, of course! My father, my brother, my uncle, my grandfather and so on to the very beginnings of our bloodline, they were all great warriors and heroes. I always wanted to follow in their footsteps and bring our legacy to new heights! Admittedly...my mother was less than enthused by such an idea. As one of two children, and a girl no less, she wanted a different life for me. But I clung to my chosen path like a stubborn dog. Throughout all the childhood days playing with wooden swords and vanquishing imaginary demons, eventually she came to accept this and finally let my father train me as he had my brother. If you're going to do this, you might as well do it right she had told me. And now all these years later, here I am!" She thudded her two fists together proudly.

"In short...I want to join in because there's nothing else in this world, in heaven, or in hell, that'd I rather be a part of."

Aven on the other hand barely seemed fazed by the question, eyes averting from her drink to the one who asked for a brief moment or two before returning to the beverage. "Why not?" She put simply, not deigning to elaborate further.

@Hospes @york @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @The Tactician @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Better ways." He said simply. The life of a Hunter and Huntress was a glamorous one true. Almost all the stories had something to say regarding that. But he'd spent his childhood years growing up in the wilderness and while simple, it was always dangerous. More so when he first activated his semblance. A power like that wasn't the sort of thing that made for a long and fulfilling life, when the madness took over. Hopefully, Valhalla could teach him more about that. Maybe. Beyond that?

Hunting was something he thought about less then you did breathing. It just...Was. If you didn't learn, you died.

But was it something worth Valhalla?

To the latter question, he said simply.

"To test myself."

He paused as he looked at the general store of the town as lightning crackled.

"Everything's a test after all."
"Oh no, I think Valhalla serves my purpose just fine." Minori responded with another calm shrug "I just have to be good enough to serve it as well. As to everything being a test, well..."

They glanced off towards the mountain Valhalla was on, pensive as they placed their hand on the shop's door.

"I don't know if I'd say everything is, but... that climb will definitely be one."

They huffed, and pushed the door open to step inside

Unless it was a pull door, then they briefly looked like an idiot before actually getting the door open

rb3ZJZ.gif

It was snowing.

"Why?"

"Why Valhalla?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

---------

"Colorful crowd."

Broadly true.

... Oh my god, she's too cute.

As Mona dropped to the ground in pain, a worried expression came over her before alleviating itself as her new friend rose up once again. It seemed just like one of her feral friends, Mona was sensitive to the high pitches of sound that people like Lavi couldn't hear. She shook her head at the thought as she waited for Mona's hearing to return to normal, only able to imagine how difficult that made her friend's life since no one else would understand her pain.

Once she was sure her friend's hearing was back to normal, the redhead reached over and tapped on her shoulder, trying to get her attention, "You don't need to say sorry or thank you, Mona, and... I'm sure there's at least one thing you're good at making. You've just got to find it!"

"Hey."

Once she had made her point to Mona, she rolled over to the wallflower who seemed to be having a panic attack at the moment. She looked up to her with a sweet smile while holding out a hand for her to hold.

"It's okay, you didn't know, and besides, we're all friends here. You don't have to feel nervous around us."

"Why?"

After a good few minutes of reeling from the noise, Mona abruptly shook her head, seeming to snap out of it. Finally, the ringing was gone! Thank the Maidens! Soon after, she felt her shoulder get tapped, and looked to the side with curiosity and a tilted head. As Lavi spoke to her, she could only smile, even letting out a light, jubilant laugh. "Oh, but I do! It would be so not nice if I didn't give thanks and apologies when they're owed. It'd be a crime!" And she would be no better than the scum that hunters and huntresses had to put away... "But oh, you really think so?" she asked, hopefully. "Thank you for your faith in me! I will not let it go to waste."

But it appeared the really loud whistler girl seemed sad now... and Mona just couldn't bear to see one of her new friends sad! Frantically waving her hands in front of her, the Faunus quickly spoke up. "Oh, no! It's perfectly okay. I'm fine, see?" she assured, holding out her arms as one ear flicked. "Besides..." Somehow managing to zip over to Rachel, the girl wrapped her arms around the other from behind. "I'll never ignore you, friend!"

And with that, she let go and cheerfully looked to what's-her-face that had asked about their reasons for wanting to attend Valhalla. Mona absolutely beamed at this, not at all hesitating to throw her own answer into the mix. "Oh, that's easy! I like helping people, huntresses help people... it just makes sense, doesn't it?" She had hardly paused at all before continuing, her hands clasping together and eyes filling with awe, one leg lifting up. "Ohh, but wow, your reasons are all so valiant! I'm so happy to be working with all or you, I could just cry..."

@Michale CS @C.T. @Ringmaster @The Tactician @Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Chewy Rabbits

All push doors here. Made it easier to get indoors, rather then fight against the snow and ice that built up. Inside, a suspicously similar looking person to the shopkeeper who owned the inn stared the two as he blinked. By his side, the radio program he was listening to seemed to be in the midst of an interview between two celebrity show hosts.

"-And I'm just saying, maybe there is more to the story of the Long Night then we think. Communications were severed, people were scared its easy to make mistakes?"

"Mistakes? The accounts are varied, most in one form or another talk about how the army of Atlas turned on them! While we're at it, why would General Ironwood bring in an army to the tournament? Honor guard? I don't think so! And Ozpin was just stupid enough to believe it."

"We've been at peace for years-."

"-And it seems Atlas has been building up while we've been lulled into complacency. Atlas has a lot to answer for."

Angus scowled more as he looked around the general store, carefully wiping his feet on the mat before marching towards the snow equipment section. There was mostly fishing tools here. Ice fishing of course, what else? But the essentials were likewise here, for Hunter and Huntress alike though not quite so varied. Mostly, he'd finger thoughtfully the fluffy, warm jackets that were hanging on the racks before moving on as a harpoon on display caught his eye. The shopkeeper turned to look at Minori.

"So....Can I help you?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @General Store

-----------------

Back at the inn, Rowena winced and tried to switch over to local news.

"-In other news, Goblin Town is experiencing a new wave of riots as police forces attempt to restore order. Local tycoon and head of S.A.U.R.O.N. corporation, Donald Fowl had this to say."

Almost immediately, the tone that came was familiar for those who came from under the Mountain as a rough, hoarse tone all but roared at what sounded like a press conference meeting from the background noise.

"The White Fang are nothing more than animals, acting on their animal instincts and Vale stands as an example, if we give them an inch! Which is why I'm pushing for the creation of a wall, to keep the animals in their side of the city and away from decent, honest folk! Let us learn from the ashes that was the tragedy of the Long Night! Let us make Erebor truly great!"

There was a shattering noise and the Innkeeper(who looked remarkably similar to his third cousin, twice removed who owned the General store) winced.

Rowena had shattered the glass in her hand, glaring at the radio like it had done her a personal wrong as the newscaster moved onto the local sports.

@Michale CS @C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Inn common room

"Hey."

But it appeared the really loud whistler girl seemed sad now... and Mona just couldn't bear to see one of her new friends sad! Frantically waving her hands in front of her, the Faunus quickly spoke up. "Oh, no! It's perfectly okay. I'm fine, see?" she assured, holding out her arms as one ear flicked. "Besides..." Somehow managing to zip over to Rachel, the girl wrapped her arms around the other from behind. I'll never ignore you, friend!"
Rachel tentatively held the other girl's hand for a moment, nodding and smiling then suddenly ~

img-thing
She was grabbed from behind! This couldn't be an attack here could it? Then she heard the words and somewhat relaxed.

"Th-thank you both. It helps to know people already like me. As for why I'm here... well, I worked in my father's bookshop, until he died. Then, I sort of ran it. Until one day when a battle between huntresses and Grimm overflowed into my shop, ruining a lot of it. I just knew, right then and there, I could be a Huntress like them and rather than rebuild the shop, I chose to build my weapon and get good with it. My dream was to go to Beacon, but well... that's obviously not happening now, so here I am?"
Rachel frowned at the tirade that was on the television. That man was something else. How he got so many people to follow him was beyond her. All she could do was shake her head at that.

@C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Inn common room

There was a shattering noise and the Innkeeper(who looked remarkably similar to his third cousin, twice removed who owned the General store) winced.

Rowena had shattered the glass in her hand, glaring at the radio like it had done her a personal wrong as the newscaster moved onto the local sports.

@Michale CS @C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Inn common room
The instant that the radio was changed by Rowena and she heard the first sentence that came from the radio, the silent blonde narrowed her eyes at nothing in particular, listening intently despite knowing whatever was to be said would only serve to make her blood boil. After all, not only was S.A.U.R.O.N. being discussed, but the big man behind it all himself had the nerve to bring himself into the limelight. He was naught but a lowly degenerate, not even brave enough to show his face to the very Faunus he insulted! A soulless, creepy, lowlife jac--

...What had he just said?

That little bastard. Just who did he think he was? It was bad enough being a Faunus around the mountains, she had witnessed over her time on the streets. He had no right to oppress them further and throw them aside as though they were trash. But despite her intense emotion, she took a deep breath and forced herself into calmness. Finally, for the first time, she spoke to the group in her typical soft and calm voice. "Midna," she said at first, deep blue eyes staring down at her now empty mug before she abruptly got to her feet, turning to fully face the group with a swish of her cloak. A small bow was given before she spoke a few more words. "It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to working alongside you."

There. That was one thing she needed to get done off of her chest. But she felt no inclination or obligation to speak her reasons for being here, considering a good portion of it was poverty. She needed no pity and would rather not speak more than was necessary, anyways.

@C.T. @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york @Michale CS @Ringmaster

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster
Rachel tentatively held the other girl's hand for a moment, nodding and smiling then suddenly ~

img-thing
She was grabbed from behind! This couldn't be an attack here could it? Then she heard the words and somewhat relaxed.

"Th-thank you both. It helps to know people already like me. As for why I'm here... well, I worked in my father's bookshop, until he died. Then, I sort of ran it. Until one day when a battle between huntresses and Grimm overflowed into my shop, ruining a lot of it. I just knew, right then and there, I could be a Huntress like them and rather than rebuild the shop, I chose to build my weapon and get good with it. My dream was to go to Beacon, but well... that's obviously not happening now, so here I am?"
Rachel frowned at the tirade that was on the television. That man was something else. How he got so many people to follow him was beyond her. All she could do was shake her head at that.

@C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Inn common room
"Aww, of course we like you!" the Faunus assured, eyes closed in delight as she regarded Rachel. "You seem super nice. And you've got really pretty hair, too," she complimented in addition, sincerity ringing clear as a bell in her voice. For a long few moments, she hummed thoughtfully, walking around to a position where she could see both Rachel and Lavi before she plopped down and rested her chin on her hands. Rachel's story was listened to in attentive silence, eyes appropriately widening and glimmering at particular parts. When she had finished, Mona visibly perked up. "Woww... So you were saved by a hunter or huntress in the midst of the chaos?! That's so romantic! Did they help you build your weapon, or did you do it by yourself? Ah, it doesn't matter, either way that's so cool!"

And then there was the little radio message, and the Faunus's expression changed from exuberant to attentive and thoughtful, though a bit confused.

"...Wow, so Faunus get their own sections of city here? We never had anything like that where I'm from. In fact, my mom wasn't a Faunus, and we even lived in the same house together," she observed, not fully aware of the fact that this was a good thing and that Donald's intentions were rather Fowl. "...In fact, I never was really supposed to leave the house..." she muttered before shrugging it off. "Ah, well. But hey... What's he mean by honest, decent folk?" Yeah, okay, that part was less than pleasing to hear, and Mona crossed her arms and shook her head. "Not a very nice thing to say, if ya ask me."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @C.T. @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Le Inn​

All push doors here. Made it easier to get indoors, rather then fight against the snow and ice that built up. Inside, a suspicously similar looking person to the shopkeeper who owned the inn stared the two as he blinked. By his side, the radio program he was listening to seemed to be in the midst of an interview between two celebrity show hosts.

"-And I'm just saying, maybe there is more to the story of the Long Night then we think. Communications were severed, people were scared its easy to make mistakes?"

"Mistakes? The accounts are varied, most in one form or another talk about how the army of Atlas turned on them! While we're at it, why would General Ironwood bring in an army to the tournament? Honor guard? I don't think so! And Ozpin was just stupid enough to believe it."

"We've been at peace for years-."

"-And it seems Atlas has been building up while we've been lulled into complacency. Atlas has a lot to answer for."

Angus scowled more as he looked around the general store, carefully wiping his feet on the mat before marching towards the snow equipment section. There was mostly fishing tools here. Ice fishing of course, what else? But the essentials were likewise here, for Hunter and Huntress alike though not quite so varied. Mostly, he'd finger thoughtfully the fluffy, warm jackets that were hanging on the racks before moving on as a harpoon on display caught his eye. The shopkeeper turned to look at Minori.

"So....Can I help you?"

If Minori had a reaction to give to the radio, it didn't show on their face as they walked to the counter and leaned on it slightly with a nod and a smile. "I hope so, or this is going to be a much more difficult trip than intended. We're Valhallan prospects you see, him, I, and a group of others at the inn. We were hoping that you could help supply us for the journey there."

"-In other news, Goblin Town is experiencing a new wave of riots as police forces attempt to restore order. Local tycoon and head of S.A.U.R.O.N. corporation, Donald Fowl had this to say."

Almost immediately, the tone that came was familiar for those who came from under the Mountain as a rough, hoarse tone all but roared at what sounded like a press conference meeting from the background noise.

"The White Fang are nothing more than animals, acting on their animal instincts and Vale stands as an example, if we give them an inch! Which is why I'm pushing for the creation of a wall, to keep the animals in their side of the city and away from decent, honest folk! Let us learn from the ashes that was the tragedy of the Long Night! Let us make Erebor truly great!"

Rowena had shattered the glass in her hand, glaring at the radio like it had done her a personal wrong as the newscaster moved onto the local sports.​
The quiet girl (well, the extra quiet girl, there were a few that fit that description in the room) didn't outwardly react to the speech itself, but her eyes widened slightly in some muted surprise at the shattering glass. Her eyes turned towards Rowena and gave her another staredown, and her eyes paused on the mask at her belt

"..."

Her eyes narrowed slightly, and from that point on her eyes didn't leave Rowena as they contempleted... well.. something

"Woww... So you were saved by a hunter or huntress in the midst of the chaos?! That's so romantic! Did they help you build your weapon, or did you do it by yourself? Ah, it doesn't matter, either way that's so cool!"
"I... I did it on my own, at first. Later I got some help because I couldn't get the rockets to fire in a way that was predictable." Rachel was happy to speak of design, as it was one of her passions. She must have drawn Lilac Lash a thousand times before that day when the battle raged through her shop.

"Ah, well. But hey... What's he mean by honest, decent folk?" Yeah, okay, that part was less than pleasing to hear, and Mona crossed her arms and shook her head. "Not a very nice thing to say, if ya ask me."
"He's saying all Faunus are like the bad people in the White Fang. The ones that attacked Vale. It's a bad way to think, and will make it harder for everyone to get along."

@Hospes @Ringmaster @C.T. @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Le Inn

If Minori had a reaction to give to the radio, it didn't show on their face as they walked to the counter and leaned on it slightly with a nod and a smile. "I hope so, or this is going to be a much more difficult trip than intended. We're Valhallan prospects you see, him, I, and a group of others at the inn. We were hoping that you could help supply us for the journey there."
The Shopkeeper brightened as he nodded and began making a list.

"How many in your party? Two?"

"Bit more. Nice harpoon."

Angus stepped forward, jerking a thumb back at the display case. The shopkeeper nodded solemnly.

"They use em on the big grimm out in the lake. Not so much nowadays, but enough for us to be cautious in these parts. If you're going across it, its faster but if you get attacked, you're gonna have a bad time."

The quiet girl (well, the extra quiet girl, there were a few that fit that description in the room) didn't outwardly react to the speech itself, but her eyes widened slightly in some muted surprise at the shattering glass. Her eyes turned towards Rowena and gave her another staredown, and her eyes paused on the mask at her belt

"..."

Her eyes narrowed slightly, and from that point on her eyes didn't leave Rowena as they contempleted... well.. something
In between cleaning and removing glass from her hand, Rowena would feel eyes on her before looking up.

"....."

And in an uncharacteristic move, she kept eye contact before cocking a single eyebrow as she turned away without a word and brought her coat to cover the mask. Aloud, she said casually.

"There are scum everywhere. It tends to rise to the top."

@Michale CS @C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Inn common room​

"..."

In between cleaning and removing glass from her hand, Rowena would feel eyes on her before looking up.

"....."

And in an uncharacteristic move, she kept eye contact before cocking a single eyebrow as she turned away without a word and brought her coat to cover the mask. Aloud, she said casually.

Ervin Douglas
@Michale CS @C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits
@Inn I guess

Erwin was actually kind of glad when someone in the room turned the radio back to the news channel, but not for long... The head of the S.A.U.R.O.N. corporation came on, and quickly turned his not so bad mood sour. Perhaps it was for the best that his village had not had alot of contact with the outside world... With people like "Donald Fowl" somehow trumping their way up into high places, he had to wonder if the White Fang wasn't entirely in the wrong... Granted, it didn't make their actions right either. Equality was a battle that should be fought in the cours... Not something established by fear, and force, and as the broadcast went on, he was really considering doing something brash.

A sudden shattering noise that occurred in the room drew his attention towards the person who had changed the channel in the first place... It seemed she had shattered the glass in her hand. Well, at least he wasn't alone with his annoyance at folks like Donald Fowl. Perhaps the only thing he missed about his home village was that they treated humans and faunus equally, as they all shared the mutual need to depend on each other... To survive. Come to think of it, he remembered he had an Aunt out there somewhere, a fox Faunus to be exact; the result of some intermingling between the species.

She had been adopted into his mother's family, and raised as their own. Once she had grown old enough, she had set out on her own seeking adventure in the outside world... Like him. Except, unlike him, she was a fullblown huntress now. Sometimes, he had to wonder how she was holding out in this place, especially with people like Donald Fowl making life difficult for the Faunus.

"People like him are the reason the White Fang exists." He muttered under his breath, taking a long sip from his cider, which was still luke warm.

It was uncertain if the gal who had broken her glass would even hear him... But, hey, Ervin talked, on his own... Without much prompting... That in itself was a bit out of the ordinary, for him.

Last edited:
The Shopkeeper brightened as he nodded and began making a list.

"How many in your party? Two?"

"Bit more. Nice harpoon."

Angus stepped forward, jerking a thumb back at the display case. The shopkeeper nodded solemnly.

"They use em on the big grimm out in the lake. Not so much nowadays, but enough for us to be cautious in these parts. If you're going across it, its faster but if you get attacked, you're gonna have a bad time."

"How many do we have?" Minori muttered to themselves as they scratched the side of their chin and started to count fingers.

"Cillian, Rachel, Lavi, Celadon the virtuous, Rowena the uncompetetive, Mona, and I think thats it for the surefires. But... stock us for three, no, four more. I have a feeling" They finished with a short nod and a grin.

There had been three others at the inn that Minori had been sure were going to Valhalla as well. They just needed a little more convincing to speak up, and Minori was nothing if not convincing when they needed to be

"....."

"..." Her eyes narrowed a bit farther, but this time accompanied by a slow nod as she ceased her staredown and went back to her silence.

"I... I did it on my own, at first. Later I got some help because I couldn't get the rockets to fire in a way that was predictable." Rachel was happy to speak of design, as it was one of her passions. She must have drawn Lilac Lash a thousand times before that day when the battle raged through her shop.

"He's saying all Faunus are like the bad people in the White Fang. The ones that attacked Vale. It's a bad way to think, and will make it harder for everyone to get along."

@Hospes @Ringmaster @C.T. @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Le Inn
Ervin Douglas
@Michale CS @C.T. @Hospes @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits
@Inn I guess

"People like him are the reason the White Fang exists." He muttered under his breath, taking a long sip from his cider, which was still luke warm.
It wasn't hard to pick up on Midna's displeasure with the current topic of discussion, but she fought the urge to run her mouth. After all, it would do her no good, and more than that? Bring unwanted attention to her. So her lips resealed themselves, and she refrained from making any contributions. As for Mona, she had a bit clearer a reaction. At least, after she fangirled a bit more over Rachel's apparent accomplishments. "So. Cool," she murmured with awe in her eyes. "So your whip can shoot missiles too, huh? That's reallll neat. I got this thing, myself..." she stated, pausing to pull a ridged shield off of her back. At the press of a button, the shield split into two war fans. But with that display, she transformed it back and placed it back on her back.

But the light topic had passed, and she frowned visibly. "Oh, that's not true at all. Faunus are really nice. At least, the ones I know... Which I guess is only my father. But you can't judge a whole group of people based on the actions of a few, right?" At least, that was how she viewed the whole spectacle.

@C.T. @The Tactician @Ringmaster @york @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.