RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM*

The door thudded open without preamble, a hooded and armored individual stepping in. Though her brow seemed to glisten with sweat indicating hefty travel, she didn't seem out of breath. A fact only reinforced by what followed:

"ATTENTION STAFF, GUESTS, STRANGERS AND FELLOW HUNTSMAN AND HUNTRESSES IN TRAINING! I HAVE THROUGH PAINSTAKING EFFORT AND A LONG JOURNEY THAT CAN SCARCELY BE DESCRIBED IN A SINGLE SENTENCE BUT DID INCLUDE TRAVERSING OVER MOUNTAINS AND THROUGH SEVERAL GRIMM URSA PACKS, TRACKED A CRIMINAL TO THIS LOCATION! NOW I KNOW THAT I AM NOT TRULY A HUNTSMAN YET, NOR DO I SPEAK WITH THE FULL AUTHORITY OF SOMEONE IN ADULTHOOD. HOWEVER, IT IS OF MY OPINION THAT THE SANCTITY OF JUSTICE BE HELD UP BY ALL THOSE WILLING, REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE OR BUILD. EVEN THE FATTEST HOUSECAT MAY POSSESS THE NOBLE HEART OF A LION! SO I ASK THAT IF YOU DO SEE ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY, YOU COME TO ME SO WE MIGHT INVESTIGATE AND BRING NE'ER DO WELLS SUCH AS HIM TO FAIR JUSTICE BEFORE WE CONTINUE ON OUR NOBLE PURSUITS!"

She grinned and wiped her brow. "...That is all. Milk please, if you have it."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @Ringmaster @The Tactician @Hospes

Angus leaned back in a sprawled fashion, regarding the newest influx of fellow trainees.

There was the lone girl sitting at the table in the middle, coiled whip at her side. Then there was the girl and her kid brother.

Followed by the strange trio that stepped inside. At the attention to the gas mask, Angus grunted and gestured with a nod towards their weapons.

Scarecrow spoke with a country drawl, but those syringes looked nasty.

And the sweet looking kid had what looked like a lead pipe with nails in it.

"Unorthodox." He growled simply, his hand tracing a circle on the table as something flared in him and the first degrees of a mad smile flickered over his face.

"Fun."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Hospes
"...Sure! We'll use that word. Its not even wrong, I'll admit I'm a bit curious to see how they all handle themselves. Though I'll always prefer the orthodox myself" Minori said simply as they settled back into her chair and into apparent thought.​
bhXo6bq.jpg

Ahh!

Rachel had done it again. She got involved in how good the tea was and daydreaming and suddenly, people!

She liked people really. But she liked them a lot more when they wrote books she could read than when they were... right there, in person. Staring. Or worse, ignorning her.

Okay so she had a bit of an anxiety problem.

"So... It looks like a lot of you are headed for Valhalla too, huh?" She managed, while scanning the room in general.

It wasn't the best way to break the ice, but this way she wasn't singling anyone out, right?
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Hospes
5bbg3DX.jpg

Well, well, what did he have here? Another partner in sewing? It wasn't exactly an activity most people got head over heels for but his ma loved the stuff. She used to sew closed tears in his and his father's jeans, shirts, etc. She even went and made blankets for the animals when they got cold. When she was too ill to use the machine herself, Cillian learned for himself and made a blanket for his ma. Wasn't exactly as easy as she made it out to be given he cut his finger open quite a number of time. But with practice you got...Well, not exactly perfect but not bad either. Middle of the road-ish?

"I end up sticking myself more often than the fabric but I manage. The fabric I take off from scarecrows we had on our farm and stuff I bought with my own darned money. Put in straw for padding and to help keep warm when necessary. Ain't gonna do much against a sword or a spear but I ain't makin these for armor, no sir. Not that skilled, I'm afraid." Gesturing to the duffel bag he had slung over his shoulder, Cillian let out another giggle.

"I make these so I don't forget where I came from. People might look at me as a brave huntsman someday. But I used to just be a dumb country-boy who worked hard to get to where I am. You work hard and it shows in that quilt. I'd be honored if you could teach me a thing or two. Hurts getting pricked lemme tell ya!" Cillian cackled before noticing he was being stared down again. Not wanting to be rude, the scarecrow waved to Angus.

"Hiya fella. Like what ya see?"

Raising up his left arm, he'd show off the gauntlet strapped to his forearms through a series of tight leather belt-straps. With syringes at the tips which appeared to be filled with some kind of liquid but like hell if he was gonna tell anybody what it was.

KoLyXtV.jpg

"Call em 'Nocturnal Nightmare.' Scary name. I sure wouldn't want to fight someone with a weapon named that. Heh, heh."

Though they took the time to crack "Well its either that or a sewing club if you want to choose which conversation to join." from across the tavern, no malice in their tone

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @Ringmaster @The Tactician @Hospes
*SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM*

The door thudded open without preamble, a hooded and armored individual stepping in. Though her brow seemed to glisten with sweat indicating hefty travel, she didn't seem out of breath. A fact only reinforced by what followed:

"ATTENTION STAFF, GUESTS, STRANGERS AND FELLOW HUNTSMAN AND HUNTRESSES IN TRAINING! I HAVE THROUGH PAINSTAKING EFFORT AND A LONG JOURNEY THAT CAN SCARCELY BE DESCRIBED IN A SINGLE SENTENCE BUT DID INCLUDE TRAVERSING OVER MOUNTAINS AND THROUGH SEVERAL GRIMM URSA PACKS, TRACKED A CRIMINAL TO THIS LOCATION! NOW I KNOW THAT I AM NOT TRULY A HUNTSMAN YET, NOR DO I SPEAK WITH THE FULL AUTHORITY OF SOMEONE IN ADULTHOOD. HOWEVER, IT IS OF MY OPINION THAT THE SANCTITY OF JUSTICE BE HELD UP BY ALL THOSE WILLING, REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE OR BUILD. EVEN THE FATTEST HOUSECAT MAY POSSESS THE NOBLE HEART OF A LION! SO I ASK THAT IF YOU DO SEE ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY, YOU COME TO ME SO WE MIGHT INVESTIGATE AND BRING NE'ER DO WELLS SUCH AS HIM TO FAIR JUSTICE BEFORE WE CONTINUE ON OUR NOBLE PURSUITS!"

She grinned and wiped her brow. "...That is all. Milk please, if you have it."

To that point, Minori had been composed and jovial, if a bit overly attentive to what they were getting into (if there was such a thing). So clearly when this goofball burst in with such a proclamation, they'd just giggle and move on with their thoughts, yes?

Nope. They were staring dead ahead at the wall in mild shock with the gears whirring in their brain. Had the mayor sent this girl? Was their 'exile' just a delayed execution?! Did he know what they had planned-

Suddenly a chair at a table in a shadowy corner of the inn slid out, and a girl who'd been seated in the shadows promptly got up, walked over to Celadon as her hair shifted from black to a bright teal that didn't seem quite real, and put her arms out in front of her in wait.

"I don't remember that many mountains between here and Erebor" was all she said in a quiet, calm tone despite... turning herself in?

@C.T.

5bbg3DX.jpg

Well, well, what did he have here? Another partner in sewing? It wasn't exactly an activity most people got head over heels for but his ma loved the stuff. She used to sew closed tears in his and his father's jeans, shirts, etc. She even went and made blankets for the animals when they got cold. When she was too ill to use the machine herself, Cillian learned for himself and made a blanket for his ma. Wasn't exactly as easy as she made it out to be given he cut his finger open quite a number of time. But with practice you got...Well, not exactly perfect but not bad either. Middle of the road-ish?

"I end up sticking myself more often than the fabric but I manage. The fabric I take off from scarecrows we had on our farm and stuff I bought with my own darned money. Put in straw for padding and to help keep warm when necessary. Ain't gonna do much against a sword or a spear but I ain't makin these for armor, no sir. Not that skilled, I'm afraid." Gesturing to the duffel bag he had slung over his shoulder, Cillian let out another giggle.

"I make these so I don't forget where I came from. People might look at me as a brave huntsman someday. But I used to just be a dumb country-boy who worked hard to get to where I am. You work hard and it shows in that quilt. I'd be honored if you could teach me a thing or two. Hurts getting pricked lemme tell ya!" Cillian cackled before noticing he was being stared down again. Not wanting to be rude, the scarecrow waved to Angus.

Raising up his left arm, he'd show off the gauntlet strapped to his forearms through a series of tight leather belt-straps. With syringes at the tips which appeared to be filled with some kind of liquid but like hell if he was gonna tell anybody what it was.

KoLyXtV.jpg

"Call em 'Nocturnal Nightmare.' Scary name. I sure wouldn't want to fight someone with a weapon named that. Heh, heh."

"Hmm... I can definitely help you with that... But only if you let me look at that gauntlet of yours!"

It was with a cheer and a whistle that Lavi's eyes sparkle with fascination. Dammit, Cillian wasn't going to have a moment of peace and quiet if he kept waving metaphorical cat treats in front of his new friend.

"..."

Okay then, that was a little weird.
"So... It looks like a lot of you are headed for Valhalla too, huh?" She managed, while scanning the room in general.

It wasn't the best way to break the ice, but this way she wasn't singling anyone out, right?

To all three, Angus flashed a grin.

Rowena took one look at it and sloooowly moved over to the middle table, to talk to the shy looking one. That grin did not speak 'full deck' so much as '52 pick up.'
Suddenly a chair at a table in a shadowy corner of the inn slid out, and a girl who'd been seated in the shadows promptly got up, walked over to Celadon as her hair shifted from black to a bright teal that didn't seem quite real, and put her arms out in front of her in wait.

"I don't remember that many mountains between here and Erebor" was all she said in a quiet, calm tone despite... turning herself in?
Eh? Rowena turned in her seat, looking at this odd moment before saying to the girl across.

"Umm...Ok. Guess everyone's here for Valhalla Academy then."
To that point, Minori had been composed and jovial, if a bit overly attentive to what they were getting into (if there was such a thing). So clearly when this goofball burst in with such a proclamation, they'd just giggle and move on with their thoughts, yes?

Nope. They were staring dead ahead at the wall in mild shock with the gears whirring in their brain. Had the mayor sent this girl? Was their 'exile' just a delayed execution?! Did he know what they had planned-
Angus had begun to caress the handle of his sword, his fingers tapping before he glanced to Minori to say quietly.

"No law. Only Hunt."

His grip clutched his sword and he rose from his seat.

Pouring out a glass of milk, the old man waved his hands frantically.

"No violence in my bar!"

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @C.T. @The Tactician @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer

]Raising up his left arm, he'd show off the gauntlet strapped to his forearms through a series of tight leather belt-straps. With syringes at the tips which appeared to be filled with some kind of liquid but like hell if he was gonna tell anybody what it was.

KoLyXtV.jpg

"...looks unnecessarily painful. So what, is it masochism?" Overall she had been uninterested in the ever growing collection of people within, even the one who had damn near shouted her deaf. Even now the question might have been taken as a teasing joke if it weren't for her serious tone and almost bored looking expression. "Fuel the semblance, perhaps?" She directed the question entirely to him.

@Chewy Rabbits

"I don't think anyone is here for violence... Against each other."

Rachel managed to say, standing. Her semblance began to show out of nervousness. Thin Lilac strands filled the room, for now as substantial as cobwebs, but she was prepared to restrain people if necessary... And possible.

"I don't remember that many mountains between here and Erebor" was all she said in a quiet, calm tone despite... turning herself in?​
"...What manner of tomfoolery is this? Did you not hear me? Was I not speaking loudly enough? I said my quarry is a man. You do not fit the description...unless you are simply pretending at being the other gender. Semblance at work perhaps? The same effect with your formerly darkened locks of hair. Or...have you another crime to confess?! Out with it!"

Her milk went temporarily ignored for now.
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"..."

Yeah, this was more than a little claustrophobia inducing(at least, to most people, she presumed. When you were on the streets you got used to lots of people), but the cloaked female didn't utter a word. Although she was more than a little appalled by the woman who had entered yelling nonsense before requesting a glass of milk. She, herself, just took a sip of her drink. She had never been the greatest with people, anyways. But it was quickly noted that she might need to intervene, should any violence ensue. For now, though, she was just hoping that these people could keep it friendly.​

"...What manner of tomfoolery is this? Did you not hear me? Was I not speaking loudly enough? I said my quarry is a man. You do not fit the description...unless you are simply pretending at being the other gender. Semblance at work perhaps? The same effect with your formerly darkened locks of hair. Or...have you another crime to confess?! Out with it!"

Her milk went temporarily ignored for now.
@Schnee Corp Lawyer
There was a slight furrow of her brow as she replayed the announcement in her head.

"... hrmmm"

She had said 'him' hadn't she? She scratched the side of her head and just quietly started back for her table, ignoring the question and the accidental commotion she'd caused as she sat back down and resumed her staring at the wall across from her, her hair shifting back to black to match the shadows over her corner.
To all three, Angus flashed a grin.

Rowena took one look at it and sloooowly moved over to the middle table, to talk to the shy looking one. That grin did not speak 'full deck' so much as '52 pick up.'

Eh? Rowena turned in her seat, looking at this odd moment before saying to the girl across.

"Umm...Ok. Guess everyone's here for Valhalla Academy then."

Angus had begun to caress the handle of his sword, his fingers tapping before he glanced to Minori to say quietly.

"No law. Only Hunt."

His grip clutched his sword and he rose from his seat.

Pouring out a glass of milk, the old man waved his hands frantically.

"No violence in my bar!"

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @C.T. @The Tactician @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Rachel managed to say, standing. Her semblance began to show out of nervousness. Thin Lilac strands filled the room, for now as substantial as cobwebs, but she was prepared to restrain people if necessary... And possible.
"Oh, put that away." Minori said to Lake with an eyeroll as half of the group got themselves riled up. "I'm sure miss.... whoever that is, would recognize her quarry if she was in the room." At least thats what Minori was going to tell themselves for now. "So lets just focus on working together to not die in the initiation. In fact." Minori pushed theirchair out and stood up to address the group at large with grin.

"Lets make that official. Hello! I'm Minori Pendragon. Everyone in this room both wants to make it across the lake and up the mountain while not dying in the process, right? If we do so in a group, we'll make sure that the most of us, if not all, make it there. Who's with me?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @C.T. @The Tactician @Hospes @Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Oh, put that away." Minori said to Lake with an eyeroll as half of the group got themselves riled up. "I'm sure miss.... whoever that is, would recognize her quarry if she was in the room."
This got another noncommittal grunt, Angus tapping the end of his weapon on the floor in time before he sat back down again.
"So lets just focus on working together to not die in the initiation. In fact." Minori pushed theirchair out and stood up to address the group at large with grin.

"Lets make that official. Hello! I'm Minori Pendragon. Everyone in this room both wants to make it across the lake and up the mountain while not dying in the process, right? If we do so in a group, we'll make sure that the most of us, if not all, make it there. Who's with me?"
"Two days tops."

Angus spoke loud enough for the room to hear as he held up two fingers.

"Storm will last for two days." There was nothing but certainty from the woodsman as he lowered his hand.

"Specialized equipment. Snow shoes. Jackets. Rope. Beyond that?"

The mad grin returned as he spoke with relish.

"Grimm."

"Its- Its not a competition, right?"

Rowena seemed nervous, looking around at people. At first glance, she seemed the most...Well, normal for a given value of normal. Shy, faltering and smiling when she could.

Until you saw the nails in her weapon and the gas mask on her hip.

She then gestured to herself, following Minori's example.

"Um...I'm Rowena. Hello everyone!"

@Hospes @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @​

• Bucket of Rainbows
There was a slight furrow of her brow as she replayed the announcement in her head.

"... hrmmm"

She had said 'him' hadn't she? She scratched the side of her head and just quietly started back for her table, ignoring the question and the accidental commotion she'd caused as she sat back down and resumed her staring at the wall across from her, her hair shifting back to black to match the shadows over her corner.

"Oh, put that away." Minori said to Lake with an eyeroll as half of the group got themselves riled up. "I'm sure miss.... whoever that is, would recognize her quarry if she was in the room." At least thats what Minori was going to tell themselves for now. "So lets just focus on working together to not die in the initiation. In fact." Minori pushed theirchair out and stood up to address the group at large with grin.

"I am."

No fear or nervousness mired her voice and expression as she rolled up to identify herself as the speaker, "Lavi Tarantola, mechanic and future Huntress. Nice to meet you, Minori. One way or another, we're all getting up that mountain no matter what. We're all partners in becoming Hunters and Huntresses and living up not only to our own expectations, but to our loved ones as well, so we should all work together as if we were all family... even if our siblings do sometimes steal our tools."
This got another noncommittal grunt, Angus tapping the end of his weapon on the floor in time before he sat back down again.

"Two days tops."

"Storm will last for two days." There was nothing but certainty from the woodsman as he lowered his hand.

"Grimm."

Rowena seemed nervous, looking around at people. At first glance, she seemed the most...Well, normal for a given value of normal. Shy, faltering and smiling when she could.

"Just a jacket for me, mister. I've got something to take the place of rope and legs..."

With a smile, she patted the side of her wheelchair where a previously unnoticed panel was revealed from under her quilt. A few buttons were set into it, each with a symbol imprint on it as a way for her to identify which she was about to press by touching it.

Though they took the time to crack "Well its either that or a sewing club if you want to choose which conversation to join." from across the tavern, no malice in their tone
rWWd056.jpg

"Sewing club, heh, heh."

Lowering the brim of his hat, Cillian couldn't help but let out a snort. Sewing club, huh? It may have been intended as a joke but Cillian had humored the idea from time to time. Before settling down with his dad, his mother had debated becoming a seamstress before deciding that simply wasn't the route she wished to take. She'd work on a farm with her beloved until she could work no more and lo and behold? That's exactly what she did and it's where Cillian got his pleasant-make friends with everybody-demeanor. You worked hard enough, people would see your tenacity and respect you for it. In turn it was only right you showed the proper respect back. Were he younger and hell even today, if his folks saw him disrespecting someone it'd earn Cillian a good slap to the head.

They didn't raise a delinquent and Cillian didn't care to be one. He tried his best to make friends with anybody who was willing. But it was hard to avoid the stigma that his farmwork earned him from other folks who assumed him to be a dumb yokel who probably couldn't even read! He damn well knew how to read and how had he learned? By reading books that his ma had bought him. Sure, he might not have been the brightest bulb in the socket but he wasn't dim. May lord have mercy on the people who assumed Cillian to be a backwards simpleton.

But these people didn't seem like that and with good reason. They were all going to the same place to lay down their lives to protect this land. Why get on eachother's nerves? Didn't make any sense.
"Hmm... I can definitely help you with that... But only if you let me look at that gauntlet of yours!"

It was with a cheer and a whistle that Lavi's eyes sparkle with fascination. Dammit, Cillian wasn't going to have a moment of peace and quiet if he kept waving metaphorical cat treats in front of his new friend.
"Hahaha, I love your enthusiasm! People like you that make protecting these places worthwhile. So full of energy and so nice."

As she mentioned Nocturnal, Cillian tilted his head to the side. He had built his weapons out of metal his pa had laying around in the farm and the syringes had originally been for his mother but she'd lent some of them out to her son for use in his weapon's design. In fact, his parents and him had collaborated on the whole thing. Which made the weapons hold a special place in the scarecrow's heart.

wfwYeIg.jpg

"Tweren't nothing special, I'm afraid friend. Just some metal cobbled together with straps and syringes attached to razor blades. Is about all a farmboy like me could afford to make up with what my parents had laying around the barn." Lowering his arm towards Lavi so she could get a better look at it, Cillian decided the question was only fair at this point. "What's your weapon like, huh? I bet it's cooler than mine."
"...looks unnecessarily painful. So what, is it masochism?" Overall she had been uninterested in the ever growing collection of people within, even the one who had damn near shouted her deaf. Even now the question might have been taken as a teasing joke if it weren't for her serious tone and almost bored looking expression. "Fuel the semblance, perhaps?" She directed the question entirely to him.
vRELFQS.jpg

"Masochism? Naw, nothin like that I'm afraid. Only thing I'd probably be a masochist for is how many times I keep going back to the needle and thread no matter how many times it slices me."

Running his other hand's claws along the surface of the table he had seated himself at, Cillian shook his head. The serious tone hadn't bothered him one bit. Different folks had their own way of addressing other peeps and that's all that mattered.

"Fuel? You mean the stuff in the syringes? Don't stick myself, that's for the enemy."
"Cillian Combs. Despite how I may look, I'm up for making friends and working with y'all. You seem like nice folks and I ain't about to let none of ya keel over if I can help it." He'd introduce himself once again as he bowed towards Minori. "Used to be a farmboy before deciding to become a huntsman. Not much else to it than that, I'm afraid. As for supplies, well..."

Pulling out the collar of his costume slightly, the group would have seen the straw padded inside the costume. "This'll keep me warm. As for everything else? I'll be fine. I gots me a rope alright.." Opening up his bag, Cillian pulled out a rather grim looking mask with what looked like a noose around it.

m2d8PEg.jpg

"Figured I'd bring a rope along if I needed it and thought it looked nice on this mask.."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @C.T. @The Tactician @Hospes @Ringmaster

"I AM! Count me in, blessed and true. There is no challenge that can not be overcome with wits, steel and determination! I am with you until the end, or my name is not Celadon Terentius! You can count on my blade for as long as we walk the righteous path!"
rWWd056.jpg

"Masochism? Naw, nothin like that I'm afraid. Only thing I'd probably be a masochist for is how many times I keep going back to the needle and thread no matter how many times it slices me."

Running his other hand's claws along the surface of the table he had seated himself at, Cillian shook his head. The serious tone hadn't bothered him one bit. Different folks had their own way of addressing other peeps and that's all that mattered.

"Fuel? You mean the stuff in the syringes? Don't stick myself, that's for the enemy."

"Right." She remarked, turning away once more. Her interest had been sated, now all that remained was this drink that remained unfinished.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Hospes @Ringmaster

• Nice Execution!

1400x600_16039_Frogster_Game_Concept_05_2d_landscape_snow_concept_art_fantasy_town_village_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Geat Village. A quaint, fishing-and-tourist trap area. At least for those of the Hunter/Huntress demographic. Famous for a particularly belligerent water-going Grimm taken down by Kringle, the replica of a tooth lies on the wall of the local inn, taking up twice the length of a King Taijitu fang. An airship landing pad owned by the school rests and in the local inn?

They are already coming.

The teacher has come and left, the flowers left in the snowy lawn of the front yard displaying the prerequisite flowers, lovely against the gleaming white of the puffy snow. A mass of red, yellow, blue and black flowers that resist the cold and endure the harshness of the land. An allegory perhaps.

The air is thick with tension and in the distance, where Valhalla is located the mountains rumble with an approaching storm. Behind the innkeeper counter, where he serves warm, spiced cider(a popular drink for student), among other savory delicacies the radio announcer continues.

"-In other news, the death toll for the city of Vale continues to rise as authorities continue the painstaking recording of what people are beginning to dub 'The Long Night' as Beacon Academy fell to a combination of Grimm and reportedly, the White Fang on an attack scale not seen since the war."

The innkeeper grunts.

shopkeeper.png

And switches the news to a music channel, as the strains of Jazz fill the air.

In the corner booth, one leg crossed over his knee sits a boy in black, a katana in a sheath leaning against the side as he nurses a mug of warm cider, yellow eyes reflected back before he sips cautiously.

Outside, walking the long path towards the village approaches a green haired girl, a gas mask attached to her belt.

And many more in turn, slowly by ones and twos. Valhalla is calling.

And only the most worthy will make it to the top.

@C.T. @Chewy Rabbits @Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Minerva @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @york
Ervin Douglas
@C.T. @Chewy Rabbits @Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Minerva @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Others I might have missed

Erwin calmly took in his surroundings, walking through the fishing village quietly, his eyes darting back and forth, from the flowers laid across the path to the Inn, to the village itself. His eventual entrance to the was alot more... Subtle, his quiet nature making him nearly invisible to most who were not paying much attention to the Inn entrance. Though he was already listening to the radio, raising a brow at the news that Beacon Academy had fallen to the Grimm... That meant the whole continent must have lost their CCT... A pity... Though he hadn't even begun to wrap his head around those newfangled "scrolls", and various other ways humanity has found to communicate across their continents... He knew that a continent losing it's ability to communicate was far from good.

From what he had heard, Beacon was supposed to be a remarkable Academy, one of the best in the continent... Ran by the legendary Ozpin, so why was that place, of all the other targets the Grimm could have chosen, the target of their assault? Was it just a mere inevitability that creatures of Grimm would overrun the Kigndoms? Or... Was there something more sinister at work... As hinted at by the newfound activity in the white fang. He was a little disappointed when the channel changed, but, seeing as he had some downtime before his eventual arrival at Valhalla academy, he decided to order a cup of spiced cider.

... It tasted surprisingly good... Alot better than the stuff served at his home village; looks like resources were easier to get ahold of around here. He smiled to himself a little, perhaps he wouldn't mind settling down around here, just for the duration of his term at Valhalla. Once he graduated, it would be off to new places... At least that was his plan.

rWWd056.jpg

"Sewing club, heh, heh."

Lowering the brim of his hat, Cillian couldn't help but let out a snort. Sewing club, huh? It may have been intended as a joke but Cillian had humored the idea from time to time. Before settling down with his dad, his mother had debated becoming a seamstress before deciding that simply wasn't the route she wished to take. She'd work on a farm with her beloved until she could work no more and lo and behold? That's exactly what she did and it's where Cillian got his pleasant-make friends with everybody-demeanor. You worked hard enough, people would see your tenacity and respect you for it. In turn it was only right you showed the proper respect back. Were he younger and hell even today, if his folks saw him disrespecting someone it'd earn Cillian a good slap to the head.

They didn't raise a delinquent and Cillian didn't care to be one. He tried his best to make friends with anybody who was willing. But it was hard to avoid the stigma that his farmwork earned him from other folks who assumed him to be a dumb yokel who probably couldn't even read! He damn well knew how to read and how had he learned? By reading books that his ma had bought him. Sure, he might not have been the brightest bulb in the socket but he wasn't dim. May lord have mercy on the people who assumed Cillian to be a backwards simpleton.

But these people didn't seem like that and with good reason. They were all going to the same place to lay down their lives to protect this land. Why get on eachother's nerves? Didn't make any sense.

"Hahaha, I love your enthusiasm! People like you that make protecting these places worthwhile. So full of energy and so nice."

As she mentioned Nocturnal, Cillian tilted his head to the side. He had built his weapons out of metal his pa had laying around in the farm and the syringes had originally been for his mother but she'd lent some of them out to her son for use in his weapon's design. In fact, his parents and him had collaborated on the whole thing. Which made the weapons hold a special place in the scarecrow's heart.

wfwYeIg.jpg

"Tweren't nothing special, I'm afraid friend. Just some metal cobbled together with straps and syringes attached to razor blades. Is about all a farmboy like me could afford to make up with what my parents had laying around the barn." Lowering his arm towards Lavi so she could get a better look at it, Cillian decided the question was only fair at this point. "What's your weapon like, huh? I bet it's cooler than mine."

vRELFQS.jpg

"Cillian Combs. Despite how I may look, I'm up for making friends and working with y'all. You seem like nice folks and I ain't about to let none of ya keel over if I can help it." He'd introduce himself once again as he bowed towards Minori. "Used to be a farmboy before deciding to become a huntsman. Not much else to it than that, I'm afraid. As for supplies, well..."

Pulling out the collar of his costume slightly, the group would have seen the straw padded inside the costume. "This'll keep me warm. As for everything else? I'll be fine. I gots me a rope alright.." Opening up his bag, Cillian pulled out a rather grim looking mask with what looked like a noose around it.

m2d8PEg.jpg

"Figured I'd bring a rope along if I needed it and thought it looked nice on this mask.."

For a moment, Lavi hummed away, considering the request, before shaking her head with a smile, "Hmm... Sorry, but not telling just yet. Don't worry though, you'll get to see it soon enough! Just wait till we start climbing that mountain, and you'll get to see what someone like me can do when inspiration and determination strikes!"

"Two days tops."

"Grimm."
"Right." Minori said with a short nod. "I'll need that myself, so I'll just get enough for any who need it when I go out. As for the grimm," they smirked as their finger brushed the hilt of their blade, cocky instead of friendly for the first time as they shrugged

"I'm a little less worried about them. I'm no survivalist, but as a killer of those I can say I have experience."​

"I don't actually know the answer to that either, but I'd rather assume its not and just not get into a school than put any of you in danger and then learn it wasn't" Minori said with a shrug that shifted to a sly grin. "nice to meet you, miss Rowena."
"I am."

No fear or nervousness mired her voice and expression as she rolled up to identify herself as the speaker, "Lavi Tarantola, mechanic and future Huntress. Nice to meet you, Minori. One way or another, we're all getting up that mountain no matter what. We're all partners in becoming Hunters and Huntresses and living up not only to our own expectations, but to our loved ones as well, so we should all work together as if we were all family... even if our siblings do sometimes steal our tools."

"Just a jacket for me, mister. I've got something to take the place of rope and legs..."

With a smile, she patted the side of her wheelchair where a previously unnoticed panel was revealed from under her quilt. A few buttons were set into it, each with a symbol imprint on it as a way for her to identify which she was about to press by touching it.

"And you, Lavi. Glad to know I was correct and that there's more to you than meets the eye" she said with a bright smile. "Just like in those movies with the cars"

m2d8PEg.jpg

"It looks quite toasty, glad to have you aboard Cillian. And good on you for bringing rope just, err... don't trip while you're wearing it like that, ok?" They said with a slightly more hesitant smile at the image of someone accidentally hanging themselves e_e​
"I AM! Count me in, blessed and true. There is no challenge that can not be overcome with wits, steel and determination! I am with you until the end, or my name is not Celadon Terentius! You can count on my blade for as long as we walk the righteous path!"
"We've just met, but that answer doesn't shock me at all for some reason :T" They replied Celadon lasty, a teeensy bit of friendly sarcasm in their tone "Nice to meet you Celadon, I hope to always be on that path."

Which they totally had been. It had been a completely and 100% righteous coup against the legal government : |

"Anyone else?" Minori continued as they glanced around the room to see who hadn't spoken up "How about you miss? I'm certain you're not just here for the food, nice as it is. Going it alone will be a dangerous prospect, and whatever points it might earn you with the teachers won't be worth anything to you dead" They directed towards the girl who'd spoken up before.

"..." She didn't even look away from the wall

"...Is.... is that a yes or are you just... you're ignoring me. Ok." Minori trailed off with a huff and resolving to go back to her later.

"Mona Creum, at your service, new friends!" came a new voice. Which was odd, because it hadn't seemed like the door had opened or closed at all to let in the young white tiger Faunus that was now regarding the group with glimmering eyes, her ears flickering as she observed the group with a smile. "Wow, my first friends since leaving home! And you're all aspiring hunters and huntresses just like me, too! Best. Day. Ever!!" she exclaimed, black-striped white ears flickering attentively as she began excitedly looking around. She knew well of the storm that was coming, and admittedly, she didn't particularly care for them. They were much too loud for her tastes, and....

And.....

Dark grey, nearly black eyes widened when they landed upon the hat atop Lavi's head. All train of thought was derailed from the tracks, as could so easily be done with her, and she had totally zoned in on the little puffball on the hat. It looked... Like... A rabbit tail.... Urge to pounce was rising quickly, and Mona had to fight the desire. She was strong, she could resist, she could do thi-- Suddenly sinking to her knees, her chin coming to rest on//by the armrest of Lavi's wheelchair with wide and twinkling eyes. "I love your hat!" she complimented out of nowhere. "...Hey, did you make that quilt yourself? Neat!"

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Michale CS @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits

"Mona Creum, at your service, new friends!" came a new voice. Which was odd, because it hadn't seemed like the door had opened or closed at all to let in the young white tiger Faunus that was now regarding the group with glimmering eyes, her ears flickering as she observed the group with a smile. "Wow, my first friends since leaving home! And you're all aspiring hunters and huntresses just like me, too! Best. Day. Ever!!" she exclaimed, black-striped white ears flickering attentively as she began excitedly looking around. She knew well of the storm that was coming, and admittedly, she didn't particularly care for them. They were much too loud for her tastes, and....

And.....

Dark grey, nearly black eyes widened when they landed upon the hat atop Lavi's head. All train of thought was derailed from the tracks, as could so easily be done with her, and she had totally zoned in on the little puffball on the hat. It looked... Like... A rabbit tail.... Urge to pounce was rising quickly, and Mona had to fight the desire. She was strong, she could resist, she could do thi-- Suddenly sinking to her knees, her chin coming to rest on//by the armrest of Lavi's wheelchair with wide and twinkling eyes. "I love your hat!" she complimented out of nowhere. "...Hey, did you make that quilt yourself? Neat!"

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Michale CS @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits
"Eh?!?!"

Lavi jerked her arm aside to make room for the black-haired girl to lay her chin on her armrest. Where the heck had she come from? Had she been hiding up in the ceiling or something? Was she a ninja?! Okay, probably not a ninja, but that didn't mean the mechanic couldn't dream, right?

Oh, right, she needed to respond to what the girl had said. Too bad the compliments made her cheeks light up like her namesake. It took a moment, but she brought her embarrassment to not stutter as she responded to the girl, "Oh, uh... Thanks, and yeah. I knitted both of them in my free time... I'm Lavi."

"And, uh... your ears are cute too, Mona."

They were more than cute, they were absolutely adorable. She had to resist the urge to reach out and scratch and pet the cute little white fluffs, remembering that a lot of faunus didn't care for people touching their animal-like features. Too bad, they're almost like a cat's... A fluffy, lovable c- DAMMIT, STOP THINKING OF THE CATS, LAVI!

• Bucket of Rainbows

Oh, right, she needed to respond to what the girl had said. Too bad the compliments made her cheeks light up like her namesake. It took a moment, but she brought her embarrassment to not stutter as she responded to the girl, "Oh, uh... Thanks, and yeah. I knitted both of them in my free time... I'm Lavi."
Rachel took a deep breath and did something almost totally out of character for her.

She put two fingers in her mouth and let out a shrill whistle, one that echoed in the rafters. What? She used to practice in the large stockroom behind the bookstore, to find out how loud she could do it.

"Hi. I'm Rachel." she immediately shrunk a little, holding her whip in front of her with one hand and giving a little wave with the other.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Hospes @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.