RWBY Fanon: The Lonely Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment a voice popped up where all her senses were telling her it shouldn't be, Ella whirled with one hand outstretched defensively and the other brought back and ready to strike. Her hair briefly flared yellow instead of matching the dull stone of the walls around them as it swung around with her, but when she saw who it was she... well even a cursory glance made it apparent that Ella didn't relax, but she did put her fist down.

That was as much courtesy as she intended to extend however. She shifted backwards as Morgan stepped forward, intent on keeping the distance between them the same. Her eyes narrowed and after a few seconds of silence she asked "What do you want, human?"
"I sound like a deranged murderer after that last part, I know. Let me explain."

When Ella stepped back, Morgan stepped forward, matching her pace synchronously like it was a game to her. Her hands gesticulated slightly in a communicative way while she talked, though the passive tone of her voice never wavered, black nails glinting faintly in what torchlight there was.

"I mean, I'm just saying. Our lives are basically individualized doomsday clocks, everyone living to befall a guaranteed, inevitable death. There's nothing depressing about it, it's just true. But when we live our lives to the same pervasive tune daily that doomsday clock will just tick tick tick by so much quicker, oh foxy one. These patterns beget stagnancy, and stagnancy represents a life unlived, one spent doing the same thing over and over until it was too late to avert course. To me, that's depressing; And I can already see your patterns. At the inn, you spoke to no one. On the expedition, you spoke to no one. Now your solace is to do the same, here, in the shadows once more."

She placed a self-referential hand on her own chest, expression truly gracious.

"Ever the caring, and amused, soul, I deny fate its cruel sway over you, and stand here ready to break your grim cycle. Your compatriot in the dark."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
Eyes widened as she stared at the figure, obviously in a state of complete and utter awe. She wiggled a little in her seat, leaning on the table and looking across at the character. "..You're a scarecrow!" she observed with excitement. "Did you make that outfit yourself??"
piYiXpx.jpg

Now, wasn't this quite the interesting development? Most reactions he'd gotten to his costume were that it was weird and that he was a coward for hiding his real face. But Cillian didn't like to think of it in such a negative way though people were of course free to believe what they wished. He simply dressed this way so as not to end up like some bigheaded hunter. It'd lead to him forgetting his roots and more pragmatically, more prone to making mistakes.

As Mona approached him, the darkness faded away from Cillian and he set an empty plate up on the table. Best not to show himself dumping food into a bottomless void if she was more focused on his costume.

"Yup. Every stitch, every bit of straw packed in here, even the hat. It's all done by yours truly. Course, it wasn't the easiest job in the world. Hell, I'd say it's even a hell of a lot harder than fighting Grimm at times. But it's worth the end result.."

Extending a hand towards Mona, Cillian smiled behind his mask. This girl seemed like quite the kind soul.

"Name's Cillian. Nice to meet ya."

@Hospes

"I sound like a deranged murderer after that last part, I know. Let me explain."

When Ella stepped back, Morgan stepped forward, matching her pace synchronously like it was a game to her. Her hands gesticulated slightly in a communicative way while she talked, though the passive tone of her voice never wavered, black nails glinting faintly in what torchlight there was.

"I mean, I'm just saying. Our lives are basically individualized doomsday clocks, everyone living to befall a guaranteed, inevitable death. There's nothing depressing about it, it's just true. But when we live our lives to the same pervasive tune daily that doomsday clock will just tick tick tick by so much quicker, oh foxy one. These patterns beget stagnancy, and stagnancy represents a life unlived, one spent doing the same thing over and over until it was too late to avert course. To me, that's depressing; And I can already see your patterns. At the inn, you spoke to no one. On the expedition, you spoke to no one. Now your solace is to do the same, here, in the shadows once more."

"Ever the caring, and amused, soul, I deny fate its cruel sway over you, and stand here ready to break your grim cycle. Your compatriot in the dark."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Ella's gaze hardened and she ceased her steps backwards when she saw that the other girl had no desire to let her have her space. The faunus had little love of being cornered and she wasn't about to do it to herself. One hand shift to grasp the hilt of The Keening above her shoulder. Her quiet breaths had gotten deeper, but the metal plating and fabric along her arms made it difficult to gauge if there was any tensing to her arms and shoulders, and likewise if the threat was merely implied or if the girl was actually ready to draw and strike.

"Back. Off."

It wasn't much more than a quiet mutter, but clear in the empty halls that only had the faint echoes of the feast and the wind outside. the very fringe of her hair was faintly glowing yellow, like fiber lights, but that was the only other change as she continued. "Take your fatalism and games to your own."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
@C.T. @Ringmaster @OrlandoBloomers @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

Amber White

Amber pouted, she looked disappointed that Starlene was having none of it. Fortunately enough, her buzz was wearing off a little, but it sure didn't seem to change her that much. She just huffed in her fellow teacher's direction, before she straightened herself up and drank from one of the cups she was holding. One could only hope she held her liquor properly this time but for the time being, she was just skimming through her scroll apparently looking through some sort of network site.

At this moment, she was more or less a ticking timebomb. When that alcohol hit her system again, her inhibitions would be gone in a flash, but for the time being, Amber was... Tame? Who knows how long she could keep herself this way though.

Ervin Douglas

Seeing Mona sit down, and his Aunt actually pipe down, for the time being, Ervin took the cue and sat down at the table too. For some reason, he felt an urge to speak up, but... For fear of making a fool out of himself, he stayed silent. On the other hand, he did recall their ventures back at Geat Village a little. An, interesting experience to say the least, but not too shabby, for what it was worth anyways.

Though, he soon found his mind occupied by the whole Fall of Beacon thing, and the ongoing threat of the White Fang. Looking towards his Aunt for a moment, he felt certain that Faunus weren't all members of such a radical organization, but... Those who were, certainly weren't making things easy. For the moment, Ervin had sort of drifted off into his own thoughts, brooding.​

A huff. How very... mature, Starlene thought to herself. And though she gazed at her fellow staff with obvious distaste, especially as she continued to drink, she was quiet... For now. The students were the focus, here- not the incompetence and immaturity of a certain huntress. And it was with that sentiment in mind that she attuned her focus to what would be turned into the next generation of huntsmen and huntresses.

and in the background 'ill make a man out of you' totally played as she remained there with her serious expression : |

On the other hand, there was Midna. Her nose twitched slightly, as though bothered by some sort of itch. Other than that, she remained still, refusing to slouch. Her eyes wandered over the food, but nothing was touched. Not even any of the tantalizing, beautifully cooked, medium-rare red meat-...

With an abrupt blink, she seemed to snap out of it. Someone else had sat down, and it naturally drew her attention. A quick glance and she recognized him as the boy from earlier that had tagged along on her moonbeams. He'd fought well enough, and that was worth something in her eyes- but as per usual, she had little to say. But for once, she actually felt odd in this silence. So, awkward as ever, she decided to break it. "...What are your names?" she inquired, looking between Ervin and Angus. A brief glance was given to Rowena as well, but she clarified. "Heard yours." Back at the inn. Hadn't she been one of the first to speak?

@york @Ringmaster

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @LuckycoolHawk9

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ella's gaze hardened and she ceased her steps backwards when she saw that the other girl had no desire to let her have her space. The faunus had little love of being cornered and she wasn't about to do it to herself. One hand shift to grasp the hilt of The Keening above her shoulder. Her quiet breaths had gotten deeper, but the metal plating and fabric along her arms made it difficult to gauge if there was any tensing to her arms and shoulders, and likewise if the threat was merely implied or if the girl was actually ready to draw and strike.

"Back. Off."

It wasn't much more than a quiet mutter, but clear in the empty halls that only had the faint echoes of the feast and the wind outside. the very fringe of her hair was faintly glowing yellow, like fiber lights, but that was the only other change as she continued. "Take your fatalism and games to your own."

"Your breathing is so tight all of a sudden. Are you angry? Scared? Something else?"

Morgan flashed a wide, speculative grin, but did indeed stop her forward-stepping game at the cyborg girl's increasingly upfront threat. She held up her hands instead, taking two graceful sidesteps around to the left side of Ella's body, then swept both hands out forward to gesture the direction in which the other girl had originally been heading.

"Then let's just walk."

Whether Ella was compliant with that idea or not, the raven-haired student hardly seemed to react. Instead she put two hands on her hips and arched out her back with a yawn, closing her eyes and mouth only momentarily to listen to the wind howling outside. "I love nights like this, you know. When the weather is so dreadful you can hear it beating down on the walls and roof. We know it's powerful, but because we're shielded by those walls we also know we can't be touched. It's evocative. A blanketing sense of security."

She finished stretching her back with a relaxed smile.

"There's an analogy there somewhere about us, I think. You and I; Huntresses. The walls and roofs of the kingdoms. Think they see us that way?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Rachel was very glad that the attention went to someone else, and chimed in immediately. "Please, do tell. It is quality work, truly."

She went back to eating her meal at a leisurely pace, waiting for the new target of rapid fire questions to respond. Rachel wondered at the back of her mind if this Faunus could be part squirrel...

@Hospes @Chewy Rabbits
piYiXpx.jpg

Now, wasn't this quite the interesting development? Most reactions he'd gotten to his costume were that it was weird and that he was a coward for hiding his real face. But Cillian didn't like to think of it in such a negative way though people were of course free to believe what they wished. He simply dressed this way so as not to end up like some bigheaded hunter. It'd lead to him forgetting his roots and more pragmatically, more prone to making mistakes.

As Mona approached him, the darkness faded away from Cillian and he set an empty plate up on the table. Best not to show himself dumping food into a bottomless void if she was more focused on his costume.

"Yup. Every stitch, every bit of straw packed in here, even the hat. It's all done by yours truly. Course, it wasn't the easiest job in the world. Hell, I'd say it's even a hell of a lot harder than fighting Grimm at times. But it's worth the end result.."

Extending a hand towards Mona, Cillian smiled behind his mask. This girl seemed like quite the kind soul.

"Name's Cillian. Nice to meet ya."

@Hospes

To Rachel's added encouragement, Mona nodded enthusiastically. And if she had a tail rather than her ears that were listening attentively, it would've been wagging. She really was a lot like a squirrel, full of energy and lacking much of an attention span. But even so, it appeared she at least was managing to focus on Cillian for now. Her eyes were comparable to those of a puppy as she listened to him speak, wide with curiosity and interest. "Wow," she marveled as he finished his explanation. "You should teach me how to do that! I bet you could make a mask that'd make even the White Fang jealous!"

Righttttt.

Moving on, there was only a light giggle from Mona as Cillian extended his hand to her before she... jumped out of her seat, over the table in a tacklehug. She really was affectionate. "I'm Mona! Nice to meet you, friend~" Okay, so she had a lot of energy and liked hugs. That wasn't all that weird... Right?-- Okay actually it was but hey, she had never really gotten to meet anyone until now. How was she supposed to know what was socially acceptable?

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @york @LuckycoolHawk9

"Your breathing is so tight all of a sudden. Are you angry? Scared? Something else?"

Morgan flashed a wide, speculative grin, but did indeed stop her forward-stepping game at the cyborg girl's increasingly upfront threat. She held up her hands instead, taking two graceful sidesteps around to the left side of Ella's body, then swept both hands out forward to gesture the direction in which the other girl had originally been heading.

"Then let's just walk."

Whether Ella was compliant with that idea or not, the raven-haired student hardly seemed to react. Instead she put two hands on her hips and arched out her back with a yawn, closing her eyes and mouth only momentarily to listen to the wind howling outside. "I love nights like this, you know. When the weather is so dreadful you can hear it beating down on the walls and roof. We know it's powerful, but because we're shielded by those walls we also know we can't be touched. It's evocative. A blanketing sense of security."

She finished stretching her back with a relaxed smile.

"There's an analogy there somewhere about us, I think. You and I; Huntresses. The walls and roofs of the kingdoms. Think they see us that way?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Whichever of those reasons it was, Ella's breath started to relax once it seemed that Morgan had let her keep her space. Her hand slowly released her weapons hilt, and her head cocked to the side slightly in confusion at the suggestion.

Why walk? Why 'stalk' Ella in the first place? What did this want with her? Violence was still a possible motive. Targe- The other girl had a fascination with death and violence or something related to it, as observed from first contact till now. Plus, human, knew faunus well enough to tell that Ella was a fox faunus even with her replacements. Ella didn't trust humans in open spaces or crowds. She definitely didn't trust them in the shadows and away from prying eyes. Logical analysis aside, there was something... just dangerous that seemed to fall off the other girl. The poetic words, the blase' reaction to danger and indifference to a whole avalanche that was about to (and seemingly did) hit her... There were faunus who tried to pretend their animal side didn't exist. That their instincts were just one more thing that separated them from the 'normal' humans. Not Ella though. Instincts were one of the few things left that truly made her a faunus, and they'd kept her alive more often than they'd done her any harm.

And Morgan had this fox's hackles raised worse than any grimm or white hand scum she'd fought.

What Ella wanted to do was just walk away and leave this problem in the making behind. But the other girl had already followed Ella once, and well enough that not even her senses knew she was there till it was too late. It'd almost be a point in Morgan's favor that she hadn't done anything except talk with that moment of surprise, if Ella wasn't deadset on suspicion already.

So instead, after a few seconds of staring she jerked her head down the hallway to signal Morgan to walk in front of her, so that at least Ella could keep her in her sights as they walked. And hopefully keep the other girl's eyes off of Ella.

"...Rain and wind aren't going to break stone walls made to keep it out. Grimm..." she muttered quietly. The metaphor finished itself from there.

...She did like the rain though. The drumming of the droplets was peaceful. The wind was calming. And humans couldn't find their own backsides of a rainy night.​

• Useful
"Nobody likes them madamoiselle. Well, at least no one who knows what the really are" Minori assued with a somber nod. "I only hope our time here at Valhalla really does give us a chance to help with these sorts of problems. After or before we graduate"
"Oui. I vill drink to zat!"

Drake toasted Minori and then the table as well, downing his own as he let out a sigh. Warm cider...A luxury in many respects, considering the current surroundings. At the least, the school was well protected. And though the number of students were few, this was the result....They were the survivors, the Hunters and those who ran for a better life in this new kingdom.

And he would be much mistaken, if the current troubles would be content to let them be.
With an abrupt blink, she seemed to snap out of it. Someone else had sat down, and it naturally drew her attention. A quick glance and she recognized him as the boy from earlier that had tagged along on her moonbeams. He'd fought well enough, and that was worth something in her eyes- but as per usual, she had little to say. But for once, she actually felt odd in this silence. So, awkward as ever, she decided to break it. "...What are your names?" she inquired, looking between Ervin and Angus. A brief glance was given to Rowena as well, but she clarified. "Heard yours." Back at the inn. Hadn't she been one of the first to speak?
"Angus. Angus Lake."

The woodsman glanced upwards, fixing Midna with an intense stare that might have given the impression he was part hawk, especially with his eyes.
...She did like the rain though. The drumming of the droplets was peaceful. The wind was calming. And humans couldn't find their own backsides of a rainy night.
Which was promptly ruined as he sneezed like a kitten.

@Hospes @york

@Everyone

• Bucket of Rainbows
David silently watched everything and waited for anyone to talk to him. He wasn't exactly the best conversationalist. It was something that he needed to work too. He preferred to be alone to his own devices. He looked at Drake and the others, still not saying anything.

@Ringmaster @Everyone

Whichever of those reasons it was, Ella's breath started to relax once it seemed that Morgan had let her keep her space. Her hand slowly released her weapons hilt, and her head cocked to the side slightly in confusion at the suggestion.

Why walk? Why 'stalk' Ella in the first place? What did this want with her? Violence was still a possible motive. Targe- The other girl had a fascination with death and violence or something related to it, as observed from first contact till now. Plus, human, knew faunus well enough to tell that Ella was a fox faunus even with her replacements. Ella didn't trust humans in open spaces or crowds. She definitely didn't trust them in the shadows and away from prying eyes. Logical analysis aside, there was something... just dangerous that seemed to fall off the other girl. The poetic words, the blase' reaction to danger and indifference to a whole avalanche that was about to (and seemingly did) hit her... There were faunus who tried to pretend their animal side didn't exist. That their instincts were just one more thing that separated them from the 'normal' humans. Not Ella though. Instincts were one of the few things left that truly made her a faunus, and they'd kept her alive more often than they'd done her any harm.

And Morgan had this fox's hackles raised worse than any grimm or white hand scum she'd fought.

What Ella wanted to do was just walk away and leave this problem in the making behind. But the other girl had already followed Ella once, and well enough that not even her senses knew she was there till it was too late. It'd almost be a point in Morgan's favor that she hadn't done anything except talk with that moment of surprise, if Ella wasn't deadset on suspicion already.

So instead, after a few seconds of staring she jerked her head down the hallway to signal Morgan to walk in front of her, so that at least Ella could keep her in her sights as they walked. And hopefully keep the other girl's eyes off of Ella.

"...Rain and wind aren't going to break stone walls made to keep it out. Grimm..." she muttered quietly. The metaphor finished itself from there.

...She did like the rain though. The drumming of the droplets was peaceful. The wind was calming. And humans couldn't find their own backsides of a rainy night.​
Morgan laughed quietly at the request to walk in front, the smile still playing on the corners of her lips as she more or less obliged. With the exception of the fact that she walked the long way around Ella to get there, rather than just stepping back out in front, circling the girl completely like a shark en route to smoothly gliding past her righthand side and finally skipping out to the front of her as asked. Unnerving, yes, possibly pushing her luck, yes; But really she just wanted to see if the cyborg girl's eyes were so glued to her with suspicion she'd end up doing a little twirl just to avoid giving her her back. Or maybe she'd do it the macho action hero way and just try to crane her neck around to glare at her. That was fun too.

Whatever the outcome, Morgan did take point regardless, but there was again a caveat as instead of keeping her eyes forward and letting herself be marched along she turned around and started walking backwards, meaning two green eyes continued digesting Ella the whole time. She seemed to have no trouble navigating, moving with the same meticulous grace as before despite looking in the complete opposite direction she was going in.

"No, they certainly aren't. The stone walls don't break easily. But... I wonder, do you?"

The girl winked, looking almost like an apparition in the lowlight, a malignant ghost haunting the fortress's deepest corridors. Not that she would've wanted to offend the real deals who were probably lurking around here somewhere.

"I hope not. Though there is something to be said for the bravery of a fragile soul who comes to fight engines of destruction, I'm imagining. There must be a word for that. I can't think of it..."

She put a finger on her chin, pursing her black lips in thought for a moment.

"Hmm, no. My diction isn't connecting with its ary. My brain did just spit a question at the rest of me, though; Maybe you'll know the answer. What's the word for someone, in the eyes of another, who is moments away from being waylaid by a no doubt gruesome end. This someone's fate is averted, not by destiny but by the intervention of this other's hand. Or their sniper rifle. Further situational specificities include snow, Grimm, and us two."

Dropping all pretense of vagueness or metaphor by the end of that, Morgan was hardly even finished speaking when she raised an index finger and beamed.

"Could it be "friend"?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Angus. Angus Lake."

The woodsman glanced upwards, fixing Midna with an intense stare that might have given the impression he was part hawk, especially with his eyes.

Which was promptly ruined as he sneezed like a kitten.

@Hospes @york

@Everyone​
Angus... she mulled over the name in her mind before giving a slight nod. The name was promptly assigned to the proper face, and a bow was given between them. "Midna Eclipse. A pleasure to be of acquaintances," she murmured as she glanced at him, eyes coming to pause on Angus's own. His golden stare was met by Midna's blue one, and she briefly wondered if she'd done something to earn it. In any case, she at least tried to play icebreaker, not that she was any good at it whatsoever. "You both..." she started, trailing off as Angus sneezed.

"..."

She had no idea where it had come from, but the action was absolutely adorable. Or, rather, the sound that came with it. It was heart melting, though she didn't exactly show that and reacted with little change in expression, if any. Perhaps the faintest trace of a glint to those eyes. "Bless you," she spoke. Now then, what had she been saying? The kitten-like sound had thrown her for a loop, momentarily distracting her from what she'd intended to share.

@york @Ringmaster

Morgan laughed quietly at the request to walk in front, the smile still playing on the corners of her lips as she more or less obliged. With the exception of the fact that she walked the long way around Ella to get there, rather than just stepping back out in front, circling the girl completely like a shark en route to smoothly gliding past her righthand side and finally skipping out to the front of her as asked. Unnerving, yes, possibly pushing her luck, yes; But really she just wanted to see if the cyborg girl's eyes were so glued to her with suspicion she'd end up doing a little twirl just to avoid giving her her back. Or maybe she'd do it the macho action hero way and just try to crane her neck around to glare at her. That was fun too.

Whatever the outcome, Morgan did take point regardless, but there was again a caveat as instead of keeping her eyes forward and letting herself be marched along she turned around and started walking backwards, meaning two green eyes continued digesting Ella the whole time. She seemed to have no trouble navigating, moving with the same meticulous grace as before despite looking in the complete opposite direction she was going in.

"No, they certainly aren't. The stone walls don't break easily. But... I wonder, do you?"

The girl winked, looking almost like an apparition in the lowlight, a malignant ghost haunting the fortress's deepest corridors. Not that she would've wanted to offend the real deals who were probably lurking around here somewhere.

"I hope not. Though there is something to be said for the bravery of a fragile soul who comes to fight engines of destruction, I'm imagining. There must be a word for that. I can't think of it..."

She put a finger on her chin, pursing her black lips in thought for a moment.

"Hmm, no. My diction isn't connecting with its ary. My brain did just spit a question at the rest of me, though; Maybe you'll know the answer. What's the word for someone, in the eyes of another, who is moments away from being waylaid by a no doubt gruesome end. This someone's fate is averted, not by destiny but by the intervention of this other's hand. Or their sniper rifle. Further situational specificities include snow, Grimm, and us two."
Ella turned in time with Morgan's circling and didn't break eye contact. Pride wasn't going to beat out practicality, no matter how silly it made her look. Her gaze narrowed slightly when she saw how Morgan intended to walk, but it wasn't like there was anything Ella could do about it apart from walk in the other direction, flee, or attack Morgan.

She listened to Morgan's taunt and philosophical questions as they walked, but it didn't have all her focus. Her eyes snapped towards every hallway, window, and alcove in the dim and shadowy halls. The school was too new to have a map simply available on the CCT, and Ella doubted there be one anyways after Beacon. A shadowy corner was noted as having a long sightline for a few entrances to this hall. A door way that seemed like it'd make good cover at first glance was across from a window that would leave you wide open to someone who could make it in from outside. The nearby hall-​
Dropping all pretense of vagueness or metaphor by the end of that, Morgan was hardly even finished speaking when she raised an index finger and beamed.

"Could it be "friend"?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Her eyes lost their focus and slowly swung back towards Morgan with a glare that didn't have quite the same bite when it came with a muddled grimace instead of a sharp frown.

"..."

Her gaze fell to the floor and became more pensive. it tracked back and forth like Ella was reading or watching something, and her expression shifted slightly every few seconds as she analyzed whatever she was thinking.

Finally she started to say "...I wasn't doing it to-" but something made her train of thought break off, as an earlier snippet of conversation caught up to her.
"-And I can already see your patterns. At the inn, you spoke to no one. On the expedition, you spoke to no one. Now your solace is to do the same, here, in the shadows once more."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
The look on her face went from pensive and concerned to almost childishly sullen. Her gaze swept off Morgan and back to her analysis, her mouth shut.​

Ella turned in time with Morgan's circling and didn't break eye contact. Pride wasn't going to beat out practicality, no matter how silly it made her look. Her gaze narrowed slightly when she saw how Morgan intended to walk, but it wasn't like there was anything Ella could do about it apart from walk in the other direction, flee, or attack Morgan.

She listened to Morgan's taunt and philosophical questions as they walked, but it didn't have all her focus. Her eyes snapped towards every hallway, window, and alcove in the dim and shadowy halls. The school was too new to have a map simply available on the CCT, and Ella doubted there be one anyways after Beacon. A shadowy corner was noted as having a long sightline for a few entrances to this hall. A door way that seemed like it'd make good cover at first glance was across from a window that would leave you wide open to someone who could make it in from outside. The nearby hall-​

Her eyes lost their focus and slowly swung back towards Morgan with a glare that didn't have quite the same bite when it came with a muddled grimace instead of a sharp frown.

"..."

Her gaze fell to the floor and became more pensive. it tracked back and forth like Ella was reading or watching something, and her expression shifted slightly every few seconds as she analyzed whatever she was thinking.

Finally she started to say "...I wasn't doing it to-" but something made her train of thought break off, as an earlier snippet of conversation caught up to her.

The look on her face went from pensive and concerned to almost childishly sullen. Her gaze swept off Morgan and back to her analysis, her mouth shut.​
Morgan held her gaze on Ella for a solid few seconds after she cut off, wide pale eyes blinking several times in the gloom of the tomblike corridor before she realized no continuation of that thought was coming and averted her gaze floorward to look at the black tips of her shoes. Her hands twitched at the hem of her stylistically-ripped shirt in apparent displeasure.

"Two walk down a corridor; One doesn't finish their sentences. That is a verrrrrrrryyyyyyyy... bad habit."

She held up a droll finger near enough Ella's face and smirked, although her tone wasn't actually as admonishing as her words would've suggested. It was obviously intended as a sort of roundabout "go on", the odd huntress obviously maintaining interest in wherever that thought was going.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

David silently watched everything and waited for anyone to talk to him. He wasn't exactly the best conversationalist. It was something that he needed to work too. He preferred to be alone to his own devices. He looked at Drake and the others, still not saying anything.

@Ringmaster @Everyone
"HOHOHO Lad! Why so silent? Are we really such drab company?"

peter_port.png

Kringle at the head of the table sighed inwardly, seeing at least five special cases. Rising up, he cleared his throat as he spoke aloud.

"I am an old man and must retire, but before I do so, I wish to share a few things. First and foremost is this- You are only as strong as the bonds you forge. This is true in both life, as well as in the profession we have applied ourselves to. So rather then offer the dorms as I had thought to do, I have a different idea in mind. One which I think our esteemed college from Beacon will much appreciate."

Port glanced up, intrigued. Glancing at him with a smile, he continued.

"After you are done, there are facilities you can use to clean up, located near the arena- Of which Miss Gard shall guide you to. In the meantime, we'll bring out the sleeping bags and other necessities here. You'll sleep together tonight in one place and the next day...Well, the next day we can begin the test to form your teams officially."

His eyes twinkled and he smiled.

"So to you, a good night! I shall see you in the morning."

And so he left.
Angus... she mulled over the name in her mind before giving a slight nod. The name was promptly assigned to the proper face, and a bow was given between them. "Midna Eclipse. A pleasure to be of acquaintances," she murmured as she glanced at him, eyes coming to pause on Angus's own. His golden stare was met by Midna's blue one, and she briefly wondered if she'd done something to earn it. In any case, she at least tried to play icebreaker, not that she was any good at it whatsoever. "You both..." she started, trailing off as Angus sneezed.

"..."

She had no idea where it had come from, but the action was absolutely adorable. Or, rather, the sound that came with it. It was heart melting, though she didn't exactly show that and reacted with little change in expression, if any. Perhaps the faintest trace of a glint to those eyes. "Bless you," she spoke. Now then, what had she been saying? The kitten-like sound had thrown her for a loop, momentarily distracting her from what she'd intended to share.
Angus scowled in reply, his expression daring her to comment before he listened carefully to Kringle's words and watched him leave.

"M'done." He rose up and bowed from the waist to the teachers before going to the massive fireplace, where Baldr the wolf was resting. As he sat down, his frame would be outlined by the flames before his hand reached to rub behind the wolfs ears.

Drake and Katarina glanced at the other before Katarina spoke to the table at large.

"So! 'Ve are curious. 'Ow was your journey to Valhalla?"

Rowena laughed quietly at that.

"Oh it was a riot! In some cases, literally. The Mountain needs to get its act together and quick. Especially with the balance as it is now, with SAURON corp."

"You're very well informed." Noted Professor Port. Rowena shrugged.

"Hey, deaf rabbits hear no foxes."

It was a Goblin-Town lower class folk saying...Which was utterly surprising to hear, coming from a human for those who knew such things.

A huff. How very... mature, Starlene thought to herself. And though she gazed at her fellow staff with obvious distaste, especially as she continued to drink, she was quiet... For now. The students were the focus, here- not the incompetence and immaturity of a certain huntress. And it was with that sentiment in mind that she attuned her focus to what would be turned into the next generation of huntsmen and huntresses.

and in the background 'ill make a man out of you' totally played as she remained there with her serious expression : |

On the other hand, there was Midna. Her nose twitched slightly, as though bothered by some sort of itch. Other than that, she remained still, refusing to slouch. Her eyes wandered over the food, but nothing was touched. Not even any of the tantalizing, beautifully cooked, medium-rare red meat-...

@york @Ringmaster

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @LuckycoolHawk9

"..."

@york @Ringmaster
"HOHOHO Lad! Why so silent? Are we really such drab company?"

peter_port.png

Kringle at the head of the table sighed inwardly, seeing at least five special cases. Rising up, he cleared his throat as he spoke aloud.

"I am an old man and must retire, but before I do so, I wish to share a few things. First and foremost is this- You are only as strong as the bonds you forge. This is true in both life, as well as in the profession we have applied ourselves to. So rather then offer the dorms as I had thought to do, I have a different idea in mind. One which I think our esteemed college from Beacon will much appreciate."

Port glanced up, intrigued. Glancing at him with a smile, he continued.

"After you are done, there are facilities you can use to clean up, located near the arena- Of which Miss Gard shall guide you to. In the meantime, we'll bring out the sleeping bags and other necessities here. You'll sleep together tonight in one place and the next day...Well, the next day we can begin the test to form your teams officially."

His eyes twinkled and he smiled.

"So to you, a good night! I shall see you in the morning."

And so he left.

Angus scowled in reply, his expression daring her to comment before he listened carefully to Kringle's words and watched him leave.

"M'done." He rose up and bowed from the waist to the teachers before going to the massive fireplace, where Baldr the wolf was resting. As he sat down, his frame would be outlined by the flames before his hand reached to rub behind the wolfs ears.

Drake and Katarina glanced at the other before Katarina spoke to the table at large.

"So! 'Ve are curious. 'Ow was your journey to Valhalla?"

Rowena laughed quietly at that.

"Oh it was a riot! In some cases, literally. The Mountain needs to get its act together and quick. Especially with the balance as it is now, with SAURON corp."

"You're very well informed." Noted Professor Port. Rowena shrugged.

"Hey, deaf rabbits hear no foxes."

It was a Goblin-Town lower class folk saying...Which was utterly surprising to hear, coming from a human for those who knew such things.​

Ervin Douglas
@Hospes @Ringmaster

Ervin was feeling... A bit introversive, like one would expect. Unlike his sociable aunt (well, sort of), he'd need some time to properly open up, but at the very least, he was able to part with his name.

"Ervin Douglas." He muttered.

Then he was back to finishing his drink, perhaps enough of those might just loosen his tongue a little? But in either case, he was definitely holding up better than his Aunt, granted she was... Actually pretty tame right now too.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Righttttt.

Moving on, there was only a light giggle from Mona as Cillian extended his hand to her before she... jumped out of her seat, over the table in a tacklehug. She really was affectionate. "I'm Mona! Nice to meet you, friend~" Okay, so she had a lot of energy and liked hugs. That wasn't all that weird... Right?-- Okay actually it was but hey, she had never really gotten to meet anyone until now. How was she supposed to know what was socially acceptable?
WOvw000.jpg

"Well, ain't that niceeeeee?!"

Cillian normally would have returned the hug full-force. Was just the kind of friendliness that Cillian had been brought up to uphold to the best of his abilities. But the abruptness of the hug had Cillian's chair leaning back and he really didn't want to be toppled over! What if his mask fell off? That'd be quite bad for those who were still eating. Just at that moment however, tendrils lashed out and gripping onto the legs of the chair, they straightened it out.

"Phew..Saved us both some trouble there, I think. Now c'mere you!" Cillian exclaimed as he returned the hug. What a great experience this was turning out to be. He had made friends over sewing, and now over his costume itself?

Oh, when teams were arranged? This was going to be quite nice!

@Hospes

• Nice Execution!
Morgan held her gaze on Ella for a solid few seconds after she cut off, wide pale eyes blinking several times in the gloom of the tomblike corridor before she realized no continuation of that thought was coming and averted her gaze floorward to look at the black tips of her shoes. Her hands twitched at the hem of her stylistically-ripped shirt in apparent displeasure.

"Two walk down a corridor; One doesn't finish their sentences. That is a verrrrrrrryyyyyyyy... bad habit."

She held up a droll finger near enough Ella's face and smirked, although her tone wasn't actually as admonishing as her words would've suggested. It was obviously intended as a sort of roundabout "go on", the odd huntress obviously maintaining interest in wherever that thought was going.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
By that point, Ella's eyes had gone back to studying the halls around them rather than Morgan. The crease in her brow was back to one of furtive thought rather than frustration. Her fingers twitched slightly as Morgan raised her own hands, but there was no answer save for a glance at Morgan's apparent disappointment and a quiet smile to accompany it before the faunus went back to her studying.​

Last edited:
David looked over at the man and wasn't sure how to answer that. He hadn't ever talked when he was eating, it was kind of a silent rule in his house. He wasn't sure how to feel about this. If he had stayed behind, would he not made it? It was just so strange to him. He noticed that he was going to be sleeping here with the others, maybe he could talk to them. " Mom always told me never to talk when eating," he replied.

@Ringmaster

By that point, Ella's eyes had gone back to studying the halls around them rather than Morgan. The crease in her brow was back to one of furtive thought rather than frustration. Her fingers twitched slightly as Morgan raised her own hands, but there was no answer save for a glance at Morgan's apparent disappointment and a quiet smile to accompany it before the faunus went back to her studying.​
fbfG8Ev.jpg

"You're trying to shake me off with silence, but my existence has been a prolonged vortex of disordered silence that shows no signs of subsiding, so..."

Morgan just threw that out there, not actually blessing or condemning the tactic in any way. She was fine with one-sided conversations. She mined some of her most intelligent discussion that way. The pale student veered with perfect poise to backwalk around a corner in the hall as they came to it, no loss of balance or smoothness in her strolling posture apparently likely to occur any time soon. Even for a huntress, the level of coordination and grace was bordering unnatural.

"I am wondering though. Color me black, white and curious. What do you see with your cyborg eyes?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

David looked over at the man and wasn't sure how to answer that. He hadn't ever talked when he was eating, it was kind of a silent rule in his house. He wasn't sure how to feel about this. If he had stayed behind, would he not made it? It was just so strange to him. He noticed that he was going to be sleeping here with the others, maybe he could talk to them. " Mom always told me never to talk when eating," he replied.

@Ringmaster
"And my mother told me that mustaches were for weird people. BUT LOOK AT ME NOW!"

rwby_behold_the_great_almighty_port_1_by_nightmarezenuki-d7oki48.jpg

rwby_behold_the_great_almighty_port_2_by_nightmarezenuki-d7oovq3.jpg

@Lmao @I don't even know @I just wanted to use these pics. @Manly Port confirmed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.