4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Hello all,

My friend @Boredbrain and I want to do a RWBY RP using a system called Primetime Adventures - a tabletop story game that plays very much like collaboratively creating a TV show, and is said to "do TV better than television does TV". My goal is to create a lasting RWBY RP full of good, meaty conflict, and I think this is the best system to facilitate it. I am looking for 3 people, in addition to Boredbrain and myself.

You don't need to know anything about this game to play. I will teach it, because it's fairly simple.

The thing we really want is to create a RWBY AU where the protagonists are Team RWBY. We still want epic combat, as color for the evolving relationships between the girls - the goal for making an AU is to create a setting where Team RWBY can act without constraints like the structure of school, or the directions of adults like Ozpin's group. I had an idea for this, but I'd like to hear yours first.

I will be the GM, or in game terms the producer, unless someone else has a good understanding of Primetime Adventures and how it runs.

Current Reservations
Ruby Rose - @Jendori
Weiss Schnee - @Boredbrain
Blake Belladonna - @Dekonic
Yang Xiao Long - @Sushi

Other Info
Primetime Adventures' play is mechanically divided into episodes. While it normally is played in person, with one session equaling one episode of screentime, we will not be doing chat-RP sessions as it is hard to schedule. Instead, I was thinking we'd measure episodes in a certain amount of scenes, as RWBY lately has been doing 3ish long scenes per episode.

Posting speed is flexible. Ideally, everyone could post once a day, but since life happens and this is a fairly niche idea anyway, it's flexible.

Posting expectation level is intermediate to advanced. You need to have a good grasp of your character, a distinct writing voice, and minimal spelling or grammar mistakes. Most importantly, you must be able to actively drive the plot without having the producer/GM lead you on a rail. If all of that sounds doable, you're golden.

"Wait, tell me how this system works!"
While I cannot put the PDF up for all to read, I have made a "quicksheet" of the rules for setup and play, available here. The rules do include cards and "points", but we can substitute cards for a random card drawer since that's the extent of their use, and points can be kept track of in text.

Last edited:
Hey! I'd be super interested in this, it sounds fun! I'd be willing to play Yang (tho I might need to rewatch to get a handle on her again oops)

• Love
Reactions: Mollisol
Hey! I'd be super interested in this, it sounds fun! I'd be willing to play Yang (tho I might need to rewatch to get a handle on her again oops)
Welcome aboard! I will totally mark you down for Yang.

My favorite character is still open? I'd love to be Blake :3!
Welcome! I will mark you by her name in the first post (soon if it works on my phone; later if it doesn't).