RWBY: A Grimm World (Redux)(OOC/Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do the parents get killed cliche', unless ya really get it down pretty well with the backstory.

I'm just throwing my two cents, I feel like it is a cliche' that is so awful and it takes a lot to not make a character be all "oh i'm gonna get revenge and act all like a Sasuke from Naruto in the process"

well, the end result of that would be him being apathetic, emotionless, withdrawn, and all around stoic, as he would know that his parents wouldn't want revenge. He would be unmotivated to do anything and the only reason he applied to beacon and trained is because that's what he knows his parents would want him to do, to do something that he believes he loves to do, and to him that's protecting the innocent. I'm hoping later on his teammates would manage to draw him out of his shell, and hell who knows, he could get a romantic interest at some point if someone's interested.

But that's if i do the family dies thing, because honestly i want to take a more realistic approach with it, and as i've had a lot of people close to me and dear to me die before me, it's how i am now, because i know first hand that Death can change a person. Besides, the way sasuke reacted to the uchiha massacre, was plain un-realistic, i know it changes from person to person, but with how drastically sasuke changed, it's like he would've ended up that way in the end whether they die or not, as death brings out the worst, and the best in us, and the worst inside of sasuke had him doing everything he did until his best won towards the end of the show. Don't get me wrong though, i hate sasuke, because of how Kishimoto portrayed him...

Woot, another person, meanwhile, i'm still conflicted on his past but i'm leaning more towards the family dies thing because i just remembered the intro to The Last Of Us and the subsequent gameplay.

plz no, i cried enough :/

First off i agree, Let him rest in peace. Secondly i think the parents being dead or at least one of them concidering how dangerous the times can be especiall in the white fang. It's not a cliche it seems more realistic

Yea, thanks to my cousin helping me build it up more, his parents'll be dead :3

Name
Tama Anaru

Height
5'11''

Weight
197 lbs

Race
Faunus - Bear

Family(Living)
Grandfather
Eldest Brother
Younger Sister
Father

Family(Dead)
Mother
Younger Brother
Cousin

Fighting Type
Weapon Fighter

Aura
Black Gas

Weapon Appearance
[spoili]
mqdefault.jpg
[/spoili]

Tama's weapon known as the "Point Blank Fist", is a mechanized gauntlet with a claw like hand. It is colored black and includes many blue accents. On the backhand it is labeled
"02 TA".

Weapon Capabilities
Tama's weapon is a short range weapon. While up close and personal, Tama uses a wild combat style that utilizes the gauntlet's claw and short burst dust explosions to conquer foes. When in a mess the gauntlet goes into overdrive and quickly boosts Tama's aura at an uncontrollable rate ending in an overcharge, or explosion, at the maximum level of a hand grenade and a minimum level of a firecracker. Tama calls this: "My Demon's Revenge" or "Demon Charge." The actual term known as Aura-Extension Effect, a magical occurrence with Semblance that his Brother and Grandfather found. The Aura-Extension Effect is an AOE attack that shrouds the user in their Aura and/or Semblance (depending on the skill of the fighter) and converts this into the raw energy it once was and emits it, the law of Conservation of Energy then comes into effect to gradually restore what is called an Aura and Semblance. Tama's body is not yet ready for the physical strain of this technique, but none-the-less it is there.

bb-hazama.jpg

Battle Training
Tama learned to fight the hard way. No one directly taught him, if he could muster the patience he might practice in secret after watching a combat class. If he could manage to sneak into a White Fang recruiting and practice there he did this, but most of his training came from brawling. Brawling is a fighting style consisting of no clear patterns and wild, but powerful swings, this makes for heavier hits for faster knockouts. Humans loved to pick on him before the days of his hat when he didn't care what people thought about faunus', and to him it seemed all those boys, teenage guys, and then eventually men loved to get into a hustle with him.

Past
Tama was raised in the outskirts of Vale, but his family's business lie in the heart of the city. His Grandfather owned a dust store and apparently was a hunter before, there in his store Tama's father and mother helped with sales. As a kid seeing his father, grandfather and mother always walking outside covering up their "accessories" seemed strange and he couldn't grasp the reason for it no matter how much thought he put into it. Tama's brother is 11 years older and was a major bookworm, he always chased their grandfather's footsteps. Tama also had a younger brother two years younger than himself and a sister 6 years younger. Tama's cousin whose parents died fighting Grimm, lived with him as well. So in total Tama grew up with 7 people, making for a crowded household.
Of these seven Tama looked to his elder brother the most often when he came to a fork in the road and to his younger relatives (his cousin, brother and sister) when he needed a playmate. Around the ages of 6-12 they all began to fancy in the arts of fighting and often rough housed, got yelled at for hurting their sister, and went at it again. By this time The eldest is 22 and he sets out to study aura and dust with their grandfather and father. Tama's mother took good care of them for one year and then was driven by despair and madness for one more when she took her life. It was during this time that Tama grew his "idgaf" persona and set out to become a better combatant. Tama's brother was 12 when he died and his cousin 13. His brother died of blunt force trama, his cousin from blood loss due to a stab in the side and his mother from decapitation. Tama was only 14 when it happened with an 8 year old girl he now had to take care of or he would be separated from her possibly forever. Tama sought refuge in White Fang to keep what he knew as family alive and together. Tama was too young and unfit for battle so he stayed in camps and was constantly shifted around as space got tight.
Tama was in the White Fang camps for two years with his sister when his brother, father and grandfather all found him in a camp. Tama's brother fought off the white fang with this white and purple metal claw gauntlet, the fireworks were amazing to Tama his sister ran out with their father as soon as possible. Tama stayed to show how "unfit" for battle he was then and grabbed a crowbar bashing heads. Tama had been exercising as much as possible during his imprisonment with the White Fang constantly fighting with humans top-side. It payed off that day. They were able to fend off the small encampment for an escape's length.
When they returned home many papers had to be documented and signed, and Tama's brother told him all about a new science he discovered with the aid of their elders. Tama was also presented with an arm almost identical to his brother's, but was not aloud to wear it. Tama's body couldn't handle its stress just yet and he was put through vigorous workouts to get his body ready to handle the overcharge, but it could never get there his body had reached its limit for now. Tama would never dare attempt the overcharge and began to fear his aura like a demon and named the overcharge accordingly: Demon Charge

Beacon Admission
Tama's fights most definitely did not go unheard from anyone and often troubled authorities, self-defense has saved him. The professor had visited a famous place of Tama's, a large dine-in oriental restaurant. Tama never expected the next thing and neither the professor, the restaurant was being robbed. Tama hid his arm under the table eating and drinking with the other. One of the twelve men noticed he wouldn't get to the floor and walked over with their weapons in his face. Tama finished his noodles and threw his bowl in the air the man looked up watching it fall into the now standing Tama's hands, Tama smashed the bowl on the man's head and begun the 12 man brawl. The professor presented Tama with a letter. It had a Beacon seal on it of course Tama had no idea what the symbol was, but the man predicted Tama's wild behavior and made the letter in terms he understood.
"I can help you "fuck shit up?" Just in a more fashionable way."
The letter also came with where to meet and Tama was interrogated on his whole past.

Personality
Reckless and Angry/Fearful. Everything he does is out of anger and on a whim, he's usually the brawn of a group. Given, growing up with his brother he is not a complete dummy.

Dust Usage
Black - Dust
A chamber in the gauntlet fires these out of the palm of the gauntlets hand. Tama has been known to chuck raw dust at his enemies for more devastating effects.

Semblance
Tama's semblance is to make a mirror edge of his attacks. So, for example: Tama stands before a Grimm and uses his Semblance, when he attacks the grimm in front another attack will happen behind it. Except this secondary attack is flipped. This Semblance in known as Mirrored Fist by Tama, but is just another categorization of mirroring Semblances.

Noteworthy
The 49er.
Tama was angered once when he was challenged, but led astray into an ambush of 50 men, he won through the use of an overcharge. Many stories are told of how amazing he was, but no one knows except for his family that he was thrown into a major illness for a week afterwards.

Last edited:
That was a task.

Holy crap, you really built Tama up dude! Alright, definitely accepted, and i love his semblance!

Ah, i just noticed @ShiroKiyoshi , in dust usage, you put what type of dust he uses, but not how he uses it :3

Hmmmm. Could I take the Villian spot, if it isn't reserved?

Yes, you can take that spot ^^

Alright. I will PM you to work out details of the Villain.

Alright then, awaiting impatiently :3

Well crap, i was in the middle of working on my CS and accidently pressed backspace while not selected on the text box, so i just lost all my character stuffs.

Oh god that sucks and I'll fix the dust thing.

EDIT: Fixed Dust Usage

Last edited:
Hey. I would love to join this RP if there is a spot for me. The only issue I have, is that the character I have been using is very similar to Mercury Black. I have used the character previously, but I believe I can make a past for him that makes sense.

Name:

Salmon Katnyp

( Salmon is a range of pale pinkish-orange to light pink colors, named after the color of salmon flesh. Katnyp is a play of the word "catnip" which is used as a recreational substance for pet cats' enjoyment )

Height:

5'7

Weight:

149 lbs

Race:

Faunus - Cat-Human Hybrid

Family:

Magenta Catnyp (Mother - Alive though in a coma)

Sylvia Catnyp (Sister - Alive)

Fighting Type:

Semblance/Weapon Combo Fighter

Aura Color/Object:

Salmon (the color not the fish, mind you)

Weapon Appearance/Capabilities:

Optic Angler

Pack-Rifle1.jpg

Only for reference. It is actually a lot more futuristic and technologically savvy-looking.

(Fishing Rod and Rifle Hybrid) - The fishing rifle is primarily used in mid-range to long-ranged combat. In it's gun form, it can fire two varieties of ammunition: Live ammunition is primarily used but it can also shoot beams of compressed light energy that can penetrate through most substances. The fishing rod function is used as a whip or it can also be used to hook enemies and reel them in or flung them to great distances. The weapon is most effective when its functions are used in synchronization making the user one of the most formidable snipers in the battlefield.

Appearance:

48343783.jpg

Salmon would always wear his jacket whenever possible, He usually wears it over a red undershirt along with khaki pants and black sneakers. He has sandy blond hair, fair complexion and metallic blue eyes. He is unashamed of his being a faunus so he makes no attempts to hide his feline ears in public.

Battle Experience/Training:

Salmon studied at Signal but he found it very hard to make use of most of the common types of weapons frequently used by Huntsmen and Huntresses. Before he decided to become a Huntsmen, he was just a simple faunus who supported his broken family through fishing. Hence, adapting his skills to combat proved to be quite the challenge. One of the faculty members at Signal noticed him struggling with the curriculum, particularly with how to use weapons. He was already excellent with his reflexes, speed, agility and can even hold his own in hand-to-hand combat but when it comes to using weapons, he cannot utilize them to their full potential. So this particular professor advised Salmon to make a weapon wherein he could integrate his skills. His exact words were "If you're good at fishing then find or build a weapon that would allow you to make use of your skills in fishing." And that's when it hit him. He was going to build a fishing rifle. The professor helped him build the rifle from scratch since his field of expertise lies in building weapons and after a few weeks, the two of them were finally able to craft the peculiar gun.
Afterwards, the professor he befriended helped him utilize the weapon to its full potential.

Past:

Salmon lived a simple life with his family in the past. Although they were relatively poor compared to most people, they were happy. His father abandoned them when Salmon was born so they had to depend on their mother's meager and unstable salary as a dressmaker in order to get by everyday. And yet they were happy with this simple life. When Sylvia was old enough, she started working as a waitress at a restaurant in the city, leaving him and his mother, who were living among the various scattered villages outside most of the time. It was a saddening change but Salmon knew that they could not continue to depend on their mother without doing anything to help sustain their living expenses. That's why he started fishing. It wasn't a particularly odd job and the pay was good but few people would take a job like this because it was a status symbol that you are poor and the quantity of the catch isn't always that reliable. Even so, Salmon was determined to support his family. Ever since his good for nothing father abandoned them, he became the man in the house. He needed to prove that they could get by without him. His decision paid off as he discovered his unnatural gift of pinpointing the best fishing spots. Combined with his skills in fishing, he'd almost always bring back enough money to pay off debts, living expenses and then some. As a result, Sylvia didn't need to work that hard anymore for their sake.

For a while, everything was certainly peaceful. But that tranquility was quick to shatter when an unexpected Grimm attack brought the village they were living in into the verge of ruin.

Everything happened so swiftly. A lot of people, both Faunus and Human were killed. But the Grimms' bloodlust wasn't satiated yet. As they were about to vacate their house, a Deathstalker erupted through the wall and buried their mother under the rubble. However, Magenta was still alive. She urged her two children to leave her but Salmon refused stating that if she was going to die, then they will die with her as a family. Before the Deathstalker could deal the final blow to her mother, a group of Huntsmen and Huntresses arrived and made quick work of it. They managed to suppress the Grimm forces but there were heavy casualties among the citizens. Salmon's mother wasn't among them but she succumbed to a coma after the incident.

Ever since then, Salmon wanted nothing but to become a Huntsman so that he could prevent other families from going through the same thing.

Beacon Admission:

The professor that helped him a lot at Signal saw potential in Salmon to become a great Huntsman. He knew that there was only so much Signal could offer the young boy so through his recommendation, Salmon was able to attend Beacon.

Personality:

Salmon usually is a carefree and easy-going individual that is contented with the simple things in life. Since he has lived all of his life with a simple lifestyle, things such as acquiring a lot of money, following the trends or worrying about being cool or not. Though two things quickly change his demeanor into a more serious and ruthless one. 1.) If he sees a fellow faunus being oppressed by a human, he will not hesitate to aid his brethren. That said, the assistance he provides tends to be centered on violence and 2.) when he fights Grimm, he thinks of nothing more than to destroy it to prevent any more tragedies from occurring.

Dust Usage:

Green Crystallized Dust (Like the one Penny uses to fire her lasers)

Semblance:

Serene Mind - Allows the user to exceed up to 9 times the normal reaction time of an average person by going into a Serene State of Mind. The ability will not work if the user's concentration is broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:

Professor Corona Talos

( Her first name, Corona, is derived from the word "corona" the outermost part of the sun. Her surname, Talos, comes from Greek Mythology wherein Hephaestus, the God of Blacksmiths made a giant Bronze Man named Talos. Her color scheme, although not apparent, is Red. )

Female

Height:

135 cm (Loli Height)

Weight:

91.5 lbs

12 (Physical) 200+ (Actual)

Race:

Human

Family:

Roan Pagos (Husband - Status: Unknown/MIA)

Vulcan Talos (Father - Deceased)

Venus Talos (Mother - Deceased)

Fighting Type:

Semblance/Weapon/aura Combo Fighter

Aura Color/Object:

Red Flashes of Electricity

Weapon Appearance/Capabilities:

High Efficiency Lethal Interceptor Offensive Saber (H.E.L.I.O.S)

- These are a pair of blaster pistols that shoot out blasts of energy which are powerful enough to penetrate most substances. The pistols' handles can be re-aligned with the barrel of the gun. Then after pressing a switch, the crystallized dust emits a blade of pure energy that cuts through most substances, though the density with which the substances are cut varies depending on the density of the substance. The energy blade does not lose form as it retains shape through a force containment field that is emitted by the hilt.

She has other gadgets and gizmos at her disposal and carries around a belt bag that connects into a packet dimension wherein she stores most of her spare parts for quick access.

Appearance:

sample_1af44d9457906adbf8c37b1c4f5bb9b5c0884cff.jpg

Corona has the appearance of a 12 year old child, a fact that she continues to curse to this very day. She has short light pink hair with matching eyes and a fair complexion.

Battle Experience/Training:

Corona's battle experience was self-taught. She would often state that "having a piece of technology but knowing not how to use it just means you have some high-tech junk with you". Hence for every weapon she makes, she trains in using them until she has shown mastery of their usage.
She is effective in all ranges of combat from CQC (Close Quarters Combat) to Long Ranged combat or even Area combat thanks to her various weapons and her incredible combat prowess.

Past:

In the past, Corona worked with 7 other individuals in order to secure the continued existence of the Human Race. During her lifetime, she had fought a variety of Grimm that were so ferocious, they would have easily wipe out humanity if it weren't for the Huntsmen and Huntresses. But before all that, she was a simple inventor whose inventions were often than not, ridiculed because of their complicated design and impractical usage. See, she belonged to a particular community that has successfully thwarted Grimm attacks in succession. The citizens were pretty confident of their ability to fight the Grimm to the point that they took no heed of another village's warning to beef up their defenses due to a sighted horde of Grimm heading their way.

When the Grimm arrived, they made quick work of the village's first line of defense. The second line proved to be useless too as the entire force had already descended into panic and chaos. Fortunately, Corona had installed various automated turrets for the last line of defense. She was only given permission to do this due to the villagers' scheming that her "toys" wouldn't be needed and they could prove once and for all that Corona's inventions were useless. However, it was these "toys" that decimated the Grimm horde and ultimately saved the entire village from utter ruin. From that day on, the villagers accepted Corona's technology as a blessing and integrated it in their defenses.

After making sure that her village was already well-defended, Corona accepted a proposal from the King of Mistral to join forces with 3 other people who have shown incredible prowess in fighting the Grimm. It was these people, together with four other unlikely heroes that became known as the Pillars of Remnant.

After vanquishing the evil that threatened humanity, along with majority of the most dangerous of Grimm, one of her comrades devised a fail safe in which he made vessels for them to deposit most of their aura into. That way, even after they die and the evil that threatened humanity returns, they could fight it once more since along side the 75% of the aura they transfer is a large part of their very soul.

Beacon Admission:

With Corona's set of skills and her treasure trove of knowledge when it comes to weapons and technology in general, it became an easy endeavor for her to be admitted to Beacon. Though Ozpin recognizing her just seemed to have been the last piece that became her key to entering Beacon as one of its faculty.

Personality:

Despite her childish appearance, childish voice and often childish mannerisms, it is evident that she is an adult by the fact that her apartment is littered with beer cans, tools and various pieces of technology known only to her. She's usually cheerful, energetic and happy-go-lucky but comment about her height or her looks and you'd already have ruined the rest of her day. She has a complex about her appearance, often getting jealous of other girls with bigger chests, sexier figures and most of all, taller height than her. In fact, she is determined to create a machine that would alter her body to a much more desirable appearance for her but so far, all of her attempts have ended in failure. When it comes to her students, she will be very passionate about her lectures to the point that she'd break down and cry if she finds out that even a single student isn't listening to her lectures or finds them boring.

Dust Usage:

Corona makes use of Dust in both its crystallized and powdered state for her weapons. She has no particular favorites on the color of dusts she uses as she makes use of all of them.

Semblance:

Technopathy

She possesses the power to create complicated pieces of technology using limited resources. Furthermore, she can gain knowledge of how a particular piece of technology works by just touching it.
Her Magnum Opus is the A.A.A. (Aerial Assault Airship) Icarus, a state-of-the-art airship armed to the teeth with highly destructive weaponry such as heavy machine gun turrets, missiles, nukes, and even what is called a Particle Waveform High-Speed Cannon which fires a beam of light that can pierce through almost every known substance.

Teaches:

She teaches Weaponry-Based Combat and Technological History

Anything Special or Noteworthy:

Corona, being one of the Pillars of Remnant was one of the Heroes in the Books that fought against the largest gatherings of the creatures of Grimm as well as an Evil that threatened to wipe out Humanity's existence. She represents progress, advancement and knowledge. Most of the technologies used by humans in Remnant today owe their origins to the brilliant mind of this petite inventor.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.