RWBY: A Grimm World (Redux)(OOC/Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Dyedary Indigo Dirrge

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 168 pounds

Race: Scorpion Faunus (though due to his 'young' age and exceptional tallness his tail is currently too small to be used as an effective wapon, not making it past his back)

Family: His parents, Johnathon Gardiea and Lucitiel Gardiea are deceased. His brother is missing

Fighting Type: Weapon Fighter

Aura Color/Object: He has a purple/black aura

Weapon Appearance/Capabilities: His weapon in its usual form is a large shovel, the handle being a barrel for a rifle. Its second form shits the shovels head into two parts to make a double sided axe, while in this form either end of the shovel can be opened, closing the other with a certain hand movement alont the pole to allow for some versatility in moves

Appearance: Didary tends to stand out more than most other tall people with his black trench coat, tan often ripped slightly shirt, black ripped jeans and combat boots. He also sports a non fully grown scorpion tail that makes it to about the bottom of his shoulder blades. His deep blue eyes are often aglow with his friendly smile and framed by long, black hair than hangs loose and often slightly unkempt at below shoulder length.

Battle Experience/Training: Didary started training with the white fang and aquired most of his training through them but eventually left for reasons unsaid. Sense then his very numerous run ins with the law and other white fang members has continued to hone his skills

Past: After his parent's suspicious death Didary left the white fang for good and began to wander the land in search of his place in it. After many arrests and a lot of trouble he decided he wanted to help people and so began looking into Beacon

Beacon Admission: While waiting to findout how he was going to get admission to beacon Didary took up residence in the Emerald forest as he had no money and no want to live on a dirty street like some beggar. While hunting for some food one day he heard the mistakeable sounds of a group of ursa attacking something, he came to the rescue and was able to save a particularly under prepared student with ease, showing promise to the teachers who were watching.

Personality:though due to his lifes hardships one would expect him to be callous and untrusting,Didary is often a very inviting and friendly Faunus, often making sure others are okay even at his own expense. He takes the teasing and bullying in stride and with a polite smile, haven gotten used to it growing up.

Dust Usage: The blades of his shovel were forged with an electric dust inside so he can activate it to add a little more kick to his strikes when needed. The Rifle of his shovel uses interchangable dust cartridges though he tends to stick with electric.

Semblance: Aside from his obvious Faunus heritage Didary's semblance has gotten him into the most trouble. He has the ability to gain very rudimentary control over a singular recently dead being. In doing so he sacrifices some of his focus as he has to controll two bodies at once now and if the body is stricken with rigormortis or is too large he can't make it do anything. The body's movements are uncoordinated and he often needs a few moments to learn its movements for anything more than a jump or walk. Over all the ability is useless in combat at the time being but he hopes to master it and be able to learn to split his focus so that he can fight effectively from two bodies. A unobtainable goal most would say but that wont stop him from trying

Anything Special or Noteworthy: Has a large police record that has made Beacon warry of accepting him, though his prowess and willing to help people has caused them to allow him, for now.
police record:
12 Breaking and Entering
4 desecrating the dead
9 out past local curfew
Murder of a couple (evidence came up giving plausible deniability though many still blame him, he is infact innocent. That shouldn't stop others from blaming him and nd causing some disagreements)

(this is my first time applying for a RP here and i really dont mind constructive critisim so please if anythings wrong or not allowed justlet me know and i can fix it right away)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, you're CS is perfect! Originally, i would be apprehensive about a character that can control dead things, but with how you have it, it's perfect! Though, in the appearance part, you haven't explained hair/eye color/style, though that's easily overlooked ^^. ON his semblance, i almost want to say it's underpowered, which would be a first for me, but no, it's perfect, alongside his weapon^^.

Accepted ^^, i'm currently working on my own Character, though i'm having trouble coming up with his past.

Thank you very, very much. I often like to put myself at a great disadvantage at the start and work myself into power. Make my characters physically have to work out ways to either bring their talents to fruition or find uses to them people wouldn't immeaditly think of. It helps prevent making a character accidently overpowered and makes the whole experience more rewarding. And i knooow, it's SO hard to come up with something that doesn't seem like you're just ripping it from the show, they covered soooo much. Some ideas i had were just taken as i started watching 'season' 2 I'm almot done with it now. The only reason i was able to whip up Dyedary so quick was because i've been roleplaying Didary in a few forums on other sites and he's a character of mine from LARP and DND. in those he's a grave digger who moonlights as a grave robber(the perfect crime!).

Would it be okay if i also made a teacher? i just came up with a rather fun idea.

yea thats fne, feel free to make a teacher
^^

Name: Professor Juno Drakma

Height:5' 11"

Weight: 210

Race: Human

Family: Mother by the name of Vesta Drakma who is a huntress herself, father by the name of Quirinus a now dead hunter

Fighting Type: Semblance/Weapon/aura Combo Fighter

Aura Color/Object: mystic blue

Weapon Appearance/Capabilities: in his dominat (right) hand he weilds a large round shield called Aegis that can shrink and form into a bracer around his wrist. The sister is a very large tower shield called Ancile that also shrinks to turn into a bracer on the opposite wrist. Due to their immense weight even in bracer form he has a very powerful punch especially when freed of their burden.

Appearance: Has a very well built upper body mostly from lugging around very heavy essentially dead weights on his wrists all day and training to be effective with them. He generally wears a well tailored suit and tie with well kept short black hair and green eyes. When ready for combat he wears a leather chestplate with a hood over his nice suit.

Battle Experience/Training: He grew up following his parents footsteps and was eventually admited to a prestigious combat school that led him to beacon where he graduated and eventually came back to teach

Past: In combat school untill he learned to controll his semblance he had a rough time. Choosing to use two shields meant he had little choice about being largely defensive with very little offense untill he learned some fancier tricks later on in beacon. His unique choice only made his teachers push him harder, as they wanted to see him succeed. This drove him to be very passionate in his work and gave him the extra push he needed to succeed

Beacon Admission: After proving his prowess with his inscribed runes and hand to hand, let alone his unique choice of two defensive 'weapons' and his mastery of them Beacon quickly agreed to admit him

Personality: He's stong and stubborn, often hard to convince once he's made up his mind and planted his feet. He can be strict on his students but tries to pair it with constructive support and individual help when needed no matter the inconvience to him. He wants to show the same support all his teachers gave him

Dust Usage: He uses dust in crystal form and dust form by 'inscribing' runes around his shields perimiters. These runes help protect against an element of that color but needs to be repaired after each use (for Aegis 2 runes of each red, blue, and yellow. Ancile, being larger holds 4 runes of each red, blue, green, and white)

Semblance: He has the power to use dust to inscribe runes, these are simlar to Glyphs except they aren't as on the spot. They must be pepared in advance and done so by hand.

Teaches: He teaaches War History and Aura Studies

Anything Special or Noteworthy:As stated it is a rather absured choice to use two shields and making it as a rather succesful hunter makes it even more noteworthy. In combat situations he did not have time to properly prepare for he will often drop one or both the shields and use his aura to supliement his attacks

Last edited by a moderator:
I can allow his fight type, since hes a teacher, but be sure to put,

Teaches: (what classes he teaches, a player teacher cant teach Combat Class, History, or Grim Studies)

If you need help thinking of a class to teach i have a few ideas, he can teach up to 2 classes. Also keep in mind that teachers, especially beacon teachers, are very strong, stronger than students and on par with very strong criminals like Cinder Fall and Adam Taurus.

Also, accepted once you do this.

yup accpted

BTW should someone get in touch with Accelerator? I assume he would want to make a character.

If you could do that, deer, that'd be awesome, i cant, it'll take a long time before im able to and my phones about to die. Just in case @Accelerator you interested?

Yea we could always do that until @Accelerator joins us

I don't know if @ShiroKiyoshi would want to join this RP. BTW i just got done talking with Accelerator about this :3

Yup, making 2 characters, a teacher and a student, though i won't give info on either ^^

I take it they wont have black Aura's so far the only real color is green

My characters Aura is red, though i'm still stuck on his Past :/. I'm stuck between choosing his parents getting killed by the white fang, working for the white fang, or entering the white fang before leaving after a little while >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.