Rusty idiot comes back to hobby for the 10000th time

R

RX Inoxia

Original poster
More at 11.

Hi, I'm new. Please call me any nickname you please as I don't want to get too personal.

Not to roleplaying, but that's a long and...traumatic...backstory. Let's just pretend I never did anything wrong (you know, things like delete every post I made in a rage quit of some other rp forum as a teenager, share too much personal information at some other one later and leave in shame, abandoning rps I actually did care about and put effort into because catering to my social anxiety is obvs. more important than rps I care about -not-)...Things like that that never happened.

I just want to RP. I swear. I just want to write stories, entertain, and be entertained. At this point in my life I'm long past being an adult, and am too "jaded" or "edgebabby" (it's fine) to pretend anything else. And I think that's okay, surely I'm not the only one who just wants to roleplay with few strings attached.

Anyway, I'm 25, female, disabled, into art, writing, games and of course making them. I am literate and even when joining less advanced rps I prefer to type longer posts. Showing off my rusty skills is a great way to practice until I suck less at writing. Things I'm into: fantasy, sci-fi, horror, surrealism, regression (playing as kids or just in kiddy settings), high interaction. As for things I'm not into: too much realism or grittiness, and I get a bit disappointed with rps that die on the first few pages. But I'm the last person able to judge you on that. I look forward to seeing what's on offer, contributing, and perhaps friendship.

Welcome!

• Love
Reactions: RX Inoxia
Welcome to Iwaku RX Inoxia!! Glad to have you aboard :3 I've already seen your name quite a few times around the place which is great. How are you finding the site? do you have any questions? If so don't hesitate to ask :3

• Thank You
It seems a bit large to navigate at first, and I get lost going from link to link checking out the cool stuff. But that's the same with being new to most sites. I don't want to get over-jazzed and dive into things I'm not ready for, so I will try to take my time. Are people wary of joining or accepting anything RP-related from a newbie? I think I can make decent posts, and have had fun so far adjusting to the site.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
I think around here most people tend to judge based on evidence rather than how recently someone joined. Personally I never found it particularly tricky when I first joined, and in hindsight I was probably making a horrible hash of it. This site has a pretty wide range of members and so I'm certain you'll find people who are looking for what you are.

As for the site seeming large, I think of it like a new school. At first it seems impossible that you'll ever be able to find stuff, but before you know it you'll know all the hidden corners like the back of your hand :3

Hi, person whose posts I've been throwing rainbows on all day. 8D Obviously, I've been seeing you around the forums already. It's always nice to see someone dive right in.

Your story is one I think a lot of people can relate to. I've had reason to cut and run myself in the past. I think most RPers have that happen at least once in their career, especially if they start early and are at this a while.

At any rate, you seem like a cool person and a quick glance at your interests tells me we have a number of things in common. I know getting oriented can take some time on a new site, but you should check out any threads stickied at the top of the different forums for help, and if I can answer any questions just let me know.

When you say you're into art, do you mean you like looking at it, or do you mean you like to create it?

• Bucket of Rainbows
When you say you're into art, do you mean you like looking at it, or do you mean you like to create it?

Both! <3 The creation side has been really useful in pointing me towards game design. But like RP, I've got a lot to learn!

Thanks for the welcome, it's great to see the site so supportive of new members. It's a good idea once in awhile to simply jump in and see what happens...other times not so much. I'll do my best to be cooperative and productive!

Both! <3 The creation side has been really useful in pointing me towards game design. But like RP, I've got a lot to learn!

Thanks for the welcome, it's great to see the site so supportive of new members. It's a good idea once in awhile to simply jump in and see what happens...other times not so much. I'll do my best to be cooperative and productive!
If you have any examples of your art, you should make a thread in Showcasing! We also have forums for art and graphics shops if you want to do trades or commissions.

We like to treat newbies well here. A lot of sites tend to treat new people like lepers and that's super not cool in our book. Account age =/= writing ability, and new people are new potential partners/friends.

• Love
Welcome to the site! I hope you make lots of friends and enjoy your stay! :balloon:

• Thank You
Welcome! I know the feeling and wish you plenty of fun and long-lasting rps. No sweat required!

• Thank You
Welcome. I'm not like the others here who understand similar feelings.. However, I've had partners drop on me completely in the past and that just equally sucks. Hope you enjoy your stay and make fantastic friends and stories!

• Thank You
Hi there and welcome!
I think most of us have honestly muddled our way through things in the course of learning so I don't think you should be too ashamed. I would be utterly surprised to find someone who didn't have some growing pains regrets, in fact! (Does mine involve angsty werewolf romance roleplays? Maybe - depends on who's asking >>).

I've seen you here and there on the site as well and hopefully you're getting all nice and settled in now! It can be kind of a lot to take in at first but I think (hope) everything makes a lot of sense pretty quickly.

• Bucket of Rainbows