Russian From Danger

What Manami would see next would be exactly what Daiki worried what would happen.

angel-cloud.jpg

She would have had to have squinted her eyes to see the barely visible outline of a human form. In the center of the figure was a black smoke like impression. While Manami would have not known it at this time, this is exactly what happens to humans when they get stuck in Greyspace and get attacked by demons.

"Manami, where are you?" The figure called out to her, "Where are you?"

It sounded like her dad. And by that point the reality around Manami became erriely surreal, to just like the time Daiki had rescused her from the school. All the photos of her family hanging on the walls because swirled and twisted. The reason why this was occuring was because shades are best viewed as "shock-absorbers" for the sake of the balance in the real world. They are only temporary, and will disappear after a certain amount of time, eradicating all traces of existence related to the Shades when their time comes.

"Manami, where are you?" The figure called out again.

Then the very existence of Manami's home underwent a horrid change. The walls turned to a shimmery grey, looking like it had just been transplanted into a foiled trading card. There was then a sweet sounding giggle and then right before Manami's very eyes appeared the weird girl that had destroyed Daiki's mask.

darksakura.jpg

"Well, well. It appears that we finally meet face to face, little Oracle." The Mistress giggled. "You were very easy to track down, you see. You smell like Daiki and Irene. I've encountered them enough to know their scents and no matter where you keep running to, I'll just have to sniff the air and find you. The principle of contagion, it is. Once two objects come into contact with each other, they will continue to affect each other even after the contact between them has been broken!"

She still kept up her sweet facade, "It's about time I make a proper introduction to myself. I am called the Mistress, Unspoken Enchanter Of The War Goddess. One of the Fallen, as you assholes at the organization like to call us. As for why, I am here...It's because of you."

[bg=#43131D]
Manami Shinobu

"Oh. That explains a lot." It didn't. It didn't explain ANYTHING. However, Manami knew when something bad was coming, and this was going to be bad. Her father was a shadow, which meant so was her mother. Her home was all twisty and weird. And Nicholai was upstairs! She probably brought him home to a crazy trap. What was she thinking? She had read enough manga to know you don't bring boys to your house when psycho things were around!

Manami had to make sure nothing bad happened to Nicholai.

"It's nice to meet you Mistress, but you're kind of breaking and entering private property!" Manami grabbed the closest thing she could get her hands on. A table lamp! She pulled it right out of the wall, and was a little concerned with the light was still on. But there she was chucking it at the crazy-girl anyway!

"GET LOST! Or I'm gonna blow you up or something!"
[/bg]

"You Oracles really are all stupid. Choosing to fight me is a bad choice. I shall kill you just like how I killed Daiki's physical form."

The Mistress looked at her dryly as the lamp came her. In response, she simply batted it away with something that looked like a black tentacle.

"Of course, you just surrendering your Oimeri Powers over to me, would be rather boring, wouldn't you agree?"

The Mistress then slammed her fingers into the ground and the Manami was side swiped by more shadowy forms! Without giving Manami any chance to recover from the shock, the young woman found herself floating in mid-air.

"Kekekekekekeke....." The demonic girl then grabbed Manami's face, "Destroying Daiki's reputation as a demon slayer and stripping you of your Oimeri...This shall be the perfect day for me indeed."

[bg=#43131D]
Manami Shinobu

Manami was getting squeezed to death and laughed at by a bitch! She kicked her feet and struggled, squealed and screamed! What really made her mad was that she didn't even know what an Oimeri was supposed to be, her parents were probably gone forever, and poor Nicholai could be upstairs getting eaten by shadow people too!

"A perfect day to DIE! ....yeah!" Manami shouted back! Cheesy come back lines were never her strong point, but she didn't want to just cry like a girl either. What she needed was a weapon. A real weapon! Something to kick this stupid girl's butt. No more Manami damsel!

What she wanted to do came to her so suddenly, she hadn't even realized it was actually happening even as she squeezed her eyes shut and imagined it. Little tiny balls of light appeared. About the size of fireflies and flittering about the same way. Dozens of them, bright and colorful darted back and forth. They nipped at the shadow tentacles, cutting it, eating it away! Until Manami dropped to the ground on her feet.

There was a quick HA from her as she pointed her finger at the other girl. "GET HER!" On command the little firefly light balls sped after the laughing girl and swarmed her!
[/bg]

The fireflies continued to gnaw at the demon lord's shadow magic and this caused the Mistress to bleed purplish blood. The Mistress reeled back and looked somewhat impressed with Manami's attack. "Interesting. So it appears that idiot Daiki was smart enough to discover someone like you."

The Mistress then stood back and raised her hands, "So you wish to challenge me using minion spells. Fine, I think I'll accept your invitation!" Although still bleeding, the demon lord gave Manami a twisted smile of fangs. Suddenly, under her feet appeared more of the freaky demons that attacked Manami at the school!