Soujiro Seta:
Charron Adhémar Knight of the Realm!

Kamatari Honjyou:
Enishi Yukishiro:
Charron Adhémar Knight of the Realm!

Gein:
Gohei Hiruma:
Shura:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If any of you want to rp as any Rurouni Kenshin canon character from the list, let me know and I will put your name next to the character you want to play.
If any of you want to rp an original character post the name of your character and a description of your character here.
And if you want to play both a canon character and an OC that is fine as well. Just let me know.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
If it’s fine with you I’ll try my hand with RPing Sanosuke, Saito and npced Aritomo Yamagata.

I also have an idea for a main OC and npcs but before explaining I have to ask what timeframe would the RP take place in?
Specifically does this take place after the anime series ended and if so when? The reason for the question is because you’re RPing Kenji, Kenshin/Karou’s son.

Rurouni Kenshin OC

Name: Hansel Sagara
Background: Hansel is the son of Captain Sozo Sagara. He was a month from being born when his father took off to fight in the revolution so Captain Sagara never got to meet him. But Hansel has heard a lot of stories about his father and the group he led during the war. He keeps the red headband his father wore, as they sent his father's belongings back to his mom when Sozo Sagara was killed, and Hansel's mom had given Hansel his father's red headband when Hansel turned 8.
Hansel looks up to Katsuhiro (Tsunan) Tsukioka and he looks up to Sanosuke whom had taken his father's last name as his own, as the two of them fought alongside his father and he hopes to one day meet the two of them himself.
Hansel is friends with Yutaro Tsukayama, one of Kaoru's students at the Kamiya Kashin school and the rival of Yahiko Miyojin, another one of Kaoru's students. Hansel knows that Yutaro, being a student of the Kamiya Kashin School alongside Yahiko under Kaoru, knows Sanosuke's location, and he knows that Yahiko knows too but Hansel has yet to meet Yahiko yet either, not knowing that Sanosuke has actually been living at the Kamiya dojo.

I call Kenshin Himura (Shinta as he is his actual name), Seta Soujiro, and Enishi Yukishro (Adult)--I'll NPC as Master Seijiuro Hiko if you want as well. I know all the character's techniques, personalities and more!

Is this still open?

Is this still open?

Yes. Of course this rp is still open.
Pick any character you want to play from the list and let me know.
You can also do an OC character if you want.
You can do both OCs and canon characters if you want as well. I'm doing both after all.
I'll create a new IC thread in the meantime. After I get home of course as I have to go to work now.

6c96e6401bda9d61b80c62eb9186c2ec.jpg

Himura Kenshin

Kanji
緋村 剣心

Alias
Hitokiri Battōsai
Himura Battōsai
Himura Shinta

28 (Start of the main series)
33 (End of series, Jinchuu Arc)

Birth
June 20, 1849

Height
158 cm (5'2")

Weight
61.6 kg (136 lbs)

Blood Type
AB

Fighting Style
Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū
Kamiya Kasshin-ryū

Weapons
Sakabatō Shinuchi

Occupation
Rurouni
Hitokiri (former)
Ishin Shishi swordsman (former)

Affiliation
Kamiya Dōjō
Chōshū Ishin Shishi (former)

Last edited:
A couple of questions first--just so I have a clear understanding of what you'd like to see happen.

1.) Are we playing the continuity? Because Kenji--as far as the Manga went, was not around until AFTER the Jinchuu Arc and Enishi's fight with Kenshin--if we aren't following the story, what will be the overall plot?

2) Would you mind me making Soujiro and Enishi, as well as Aoshi and an OC? I always felt Aoshi would make a good match for Megumi, despite their past under...Kanryu?I think that was Aoshi's employer...

Last edited:
Yeah. Well regarding Kenji, and I told the friend I did my last Rurouni Kenshin RP with this too. I didn't know when Kenji was born. I didn't see him in the anime. I only know Kenji's character from the samurai X movie. He was 15 in that movie. He was deeply angry at his father Kenshin in the movie too. And both Kenshin and Kaoru were gravely ill from something, Kenshin was overseas fighting a war while suffering from his illness, Kaoru was at home sick and bedridden and Yahiko was taking care of her, Kenji was learning his father's sword style, and other stuff.
But yeah I learned from my friend that the Samurai X movie wasn't even canon with the anime itself. I mean I thought it was and that the movie was some future timeline. But yeah. My friend said it wasn't.

Unlike the rp I was in with him, I'm not planning to play Kenji's character yet for a while though in this one..I mean I still want to play him..And when I do, I'll probably be bringing him in as a little kid...You can say when sense you know more about when Kenji's character enters the show than I do.
But yeah. It'll be kinda like on the Ghost Whisperer show..If you've ever seen it..But at the start of the 5th and last season, they brought Melinda's and Jim's son Aiden in as a 5 year old..I mean they showed when he was born of course but then they time skipped it to his 5th birthday.
I think I'll have Kenji being age 3 when I bring him in or something. But yeah you can tell me when a good time will be to enter his character in the rp as Kaoru and Kenshin's relationship grows to when they have him.

But yeah I plan on following the story of the Rurouni Kenshin anime more this time around in this rp..well sort of..It's been so long however sense I've seen the anime past the arc where they fought shishio and his men, that I don't really remember much of the main storyline of the Rurouni Kenshin anime past Kenshin's battle with Shishio.
I saw some kind of arc a long while back where a church was involved. The sister of the preacher or something needed Kenshin's help with something she couldn't do herself, or the preacher needed Kenshin's help finding her. Or something like that.
But you see this was when the anime was still being made and was on the TV. That arc was brand new, and the arc with Shishio had ended like a couple of months before it or close to a year even perhaps.
I remember waiting like for what seemed like forever for the new season to come out after Kenshin's battle with Shishio ended and he went home.
So yeah that new arc with the church and whoever Kenshin helped, whether it was the preacher or the sister, could have been a third season of the anime or it could have been an ova made for the anime. Because I know there are a couple of them.
I only watched that arc once.

But yeah for now as far as the plot I had in mind goes as far as with the characters from the anime, you said you wanted a Kaoru X Kenshin type of plot, and I agreed to that. I'll play Kaoru of course.
So like after he and everyone else gets home from battling Shishio, Kenshin and Kaoru start going about their normal lives again.
Of course Yahiko will still be training with his sword under Kaoru being her student.
I'm thinking about playing Yutaro and Sanosuke too, Yutaro continuing to train with his left hand Kamiya Kashin Sword style and technique and Sanosuke helping his teacher friend out more now that the battles have subsided for the time being.
Katsuhiro is doing his art still living in his rowhouse.
Also I have an OC for the anime myself and a storyline for him.

And you said you wanted to do an Aoshi X Megumi plot story too. That sounds good to me. Do you want me to be Megumi too then?

And I put your name next to Aoshi's name in the list, as well as Soujiro's and Enishi's names too as you requested.
And yes. You can do an OC too.
And also yeah. Kanryu was his employer's name.

Last edited:
Okay, cause I wasn't sure what all you had planned yet or wanted to include in this rendition. I only skimmed parts of the old thread which had Soujiro who was I guess, older and more experienced having a showdown with Enishi? Kaoru was sick, Yahiko was very concerned about Kaoru and went all big brother on Kenji who was invested in the fight.

So, to clear somethings up--you don't have to make Kaoru terminally ill. That never happened in the manga which, in my opinion, is the best medium. Kenshin doesn't die either. They actually get their happy ever after--with Kenshin giving Yahiko his Sakabatou as a sign that he acknowledges he's a man now. Now, there are points in the movies I DO like; like Kenji learning the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu from Hiko--and him having a duel with Yahiko and Yahiko--because he knows Kenshin's techniques and because of his training in the Kamiya Kashin, lands a solid hit with Kenshin's sakabatou then gives it to Kenji and tells him that he can learn to be a murderer essentially, or he can bear the weight of the lives his father saved with the reverse-blade sword. I thought that was done quite well. It shows Yahiko's growth, his maturity, wisdom, furthermore, him passing a family heirloom down to Kenji when he IS old enough is a telling moment.

The religious folks are from a filler arc, they aren't canon. So we can skip that. Enishi and his Arc, the Jinchuu Arc is pivotal as he is the antithesis of Kenshin in ideology and sword style. He's the only character to beat Kenshin outright in a fight, he avoids the Kuzu Ryu Sen, and even counters the Ammakakkeru Ryu No Hirameki. He even breaks Kenshin psychologically for a time by making a dummy that looks like Kaoru and impales it making Kenshin think Kaoru is dead--it's actually Aoshi who finds out that it was a fake and that the real Kaoru is alive but Enishi took her. Then Aoshi and Saitou fight the henchmen of Enishi while Kenshin goes in search of Kaoru.

In their second showdown, Enishi still has Kenshin's number--but when he goes for the killing blow--his motivation for seeking revenge and doing all that he has done thus far--his sister Tomoe's smile, fades away and he hesitates and Kenshin counter-attacks defeating Enishi. This happens for two reasons: Kaoru throws her self over Kenshin, and because he realizes that maybe his sister did find happiness with Kenshin. Enishi is captured, but later escapes--by the end of the manga Kenshin and Kaoru have Kenji--so it will be some time before Kenji is introduced.

I like the idea of Yahiko growing up, being somewhere around 18-19? And being with Tsubame like he was in 'Reflection' which is the same movie he fights Kenji and beats him pretty handily teaching him it's not always the style you are taught but the conviction of your strikes that counts.

As far as the Megumi & Aoshi pairing--I honestly have no idea how they would...even...come together. Lol. Im being honest. But I still think its a pairing worth working through because Aoshi has always had this burden of responsibility, in the beginning, it was becoming the leader of the Oniwaban, then it was finding work for those ill-suited for regular work, then it was finding purpose for their deaths. A meaning, a resolution--he's tortured. Megumi is a wise woman, sly like a fox, but wise and cunning. I'm thinking since this is after Kyoto--and Kenshin and Kaoru start their relationship--Megumi or Aoshi could involve themselves in the affairs of the other and at first, it seems like a nuisance but gradually they grow fond of the company. I mean after Shishio--Aoshi isolates himself because he feels the burden of his choices that led him astray.