Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
sometimes both i guess..i like making up my own scenes in some cases but i like playing scenes that others make too
Favorite Genres
anime and modern mostly
but fine with any genre i guess
Genre You DON'T Like
i'm particually fine with every role play type
just some i'm more used to than others
It's been quite a while since Kenshin's battle and victory over Shishio and things are getting back to normal. Now he's away a lot on and off and Kenshin's young son Kenji is at home with his mom and Kenshin's wife Kaoru and Kenji is going to the dojo with her daily.

Kenji doesn't know much about what his father does when he's off alone if anything at all. He also didn't notice the depth of the situation due to his father's absence when he was little as much as he does now. He knows also how his mom is being affected by his dad's absence all the time and it angers him deeply. For now though Kenji's just trying to help his mother Kaoru as much as he can and as best he can.

Off elsewhere, Tsunan(Katsuhiro) has been doing his art, having started it up again, while also working trying to continue clearing his captain's name as well as the name of the lot of the group he used to be in through most of his childhood.

Hansel Sagara, son of Former Sakihotai Captain Sozo Sagara, while running errands for his mom, having got done with his paper route from that morning, grasping hold of his father's red headband as he continues along on his bike, a side wagon car hooked on to the left side back wheel, starts to think to himself as he's close to entering the upcoming town, not knowing right off, due to not paying much attention at the moment, that it's the same town that the two boys who fought alongside his father when they were young, and who have now grown up, have taken residence in, Katsuhiro living in a rowhouse near the 5th street of the town coming from Hansel's current direction, and Sanosuke living at the Kamiya Dojo which is further into the town. Before Hansel enters into the town he glances over at the harbor to the early afternoon boats coming in and docking at the port.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's the link to the OOC and Signup Thread.

Last edited:

Rainier Ashton Bernhardt

Hero, Villain, Savior, Conqueror
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
I'm more aggressive than passive, but I do like to know which direction I am headed towards.
Favorite Genres
Historical/ Fantasy/ Science-Fiction/ Modern/ Magical/ Romance, etc.
Genre You DON'T Like
Futanari types, Hermaphrodites, playing over-the-top slutty characters.
Seta stepped up the beaten path of a large hill overlooking most of the growing and thriving city of Tokyo, formally Edo. It was hard to believe it had been so long since he'd started his own journey; to seek and find a truth that only he knew and could understand. Mr. Shishio, no, Makato Shishio had once ingrained an earnest idea into his soul like the hamon of a sword. It had been integral in his youth, it kept him from being mercilessly beaten by his in-laws. But, it wasn't what kept him alive--it just kept him going like some small morsel of food to nibble on; it was but a fleeting thing. What Kenshin Himura, the Battousai, had fought for was an ideal worth taking into consideration, at the very least.

Looking back on the path, toward the ever modernizing world he'd grown accustomed to. It looked much different back when he was younger, everything did. But, as time went by he adapted to it. Regardless of how the world was ever-changing around him, Seta Sojiro still wore the same clothes; a dark blue haori, a white button-up, dark blue hakama skirt-like pants, tabi socks, and straw sandals. Though many would be in shock of just how refined and discernable his boyish looks had changed into as he grew out of adolescence and into adulthood. He had very mature features; his cheeks had subtle dimples on either side of them as his jaw had become long and slender but left his chin rounded. He had a long, straight nose, and deep bluish eyes that were the envy of women. Regardless of how much he changed, however, he still had the most innocent smile a man could have.

Sauntering forwards at a leisurely pace on the dirt path to the Kamiya Kashin Ryu, he stopped along the outer wall, at the door and knocked before entering.

"Konnichiwa!" He called out jovially. Even his voice had deepened in the years making him sound not quite so effeminate. "Kaoru-san?" Seta blinked, poking his head around the corner as he followed the layout of the manor and built-on dojo. "I wonder where Kaoru-san could be?" Seta contemplated, before slipping off his sandals and stepped up on the open porch, and slid the dojo door open and stepped inside unnoticed. Kaoru was instructing Kenji in the ways of the Kamiya Kashin style of swordsmanship.

Seta watched on silently, in the far reaches of the training hall, his trained eyes on Kenji who was performing the Hadome technique. The Hadome was a variation of the Shirahadori blade catch common to all five hundred styles of kenjutsu, Hadome halts an opponent's blade differently. While Shirahadori caught the blade between the palms, Hadome was performed by crossing one's wrists above one's head and stopping a downward karatake strike with the backs of the hands before the blade struck the wrists or the skull. When done in this manner, a swordsman became able to catch an opponent's sword while still maintaining a grip on his own, unlike shirahadori which requires the user to discard his sword in favor of two free hands. They were, of course using bamboo shinai, and not wooden bokken to practice the technique safely.

Clapping emerged from Seta's direction as he watched Kenji attempt the simple skill with ease; he had his father's genius for the sword after all. He could tell talent for the sword when he saw it. Seta smiled and rested his hand on the hilt of his Japanese made sword, a Shinshintō nihontō, and watched Kenji, the boy would undoubtedly move to protect his mother from him. Though, as he moved forward slowly, he wondered just how fast this boy was. A partial smile gracing his lips with its presence.

No, he wasn't there to test the boy's prowess. He was there for another purpose...He'd been asked by Kenshin to watch over Kaoru while he was away, if there was ever danger, some years ago. That was when he first had met Kaoru. Kenji was but a small child then; jovial and rambunctious. Kenji wouldn't probably remember him, but as he stepped into the middle of the training hall, half his face obscured in the subdued light peering in from the rafters and peeking in from the door which he had entered. Yet one eye and half a kind smile greeted Kaoru's vision.

The man that could very well have ended Kenshin's life even before his fight with Shishio had even occurred. The one that outpaced the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu with his 'Shukuchi'... The Tenken, Seta Sojiro.

Jessica Stansell

Edgeknight
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
sometimes both i guess..i like making up my own scenes in some cases but i like playing scenes that others make too
Favorite Genres
anime and modern mostly
but fine with any genre i guess
Genre You DON'T Like
i'm particually fine with every role play type
just some i'm more used to than others
Kenji having heard Seta's calls out for his mom, soon notices Seta at his back. Kenji swiftly turns to face him immediately on guard, as he indeed doesn't remember Seta that well since he hadn't seen him since he was really little. Kenji stands firm facing Seta and says. "Who are you?" His sword is in his hand but Kenji doesn't intend on attacking Seta just yet. But considering he doesn't remember Seta that well, Kenji looks at him curiously wondering who is standing in front of him on the inside of his home.

Kaoru "Kenji wait! Don't attack him son."

Kenji "Huh?" Kenji looks to his mother and says "Mom? You know who this guy is?"

Kaoru nods to her son and says "Yes I do. You've met him too Kenji. You were very very young when you last saw him though which is why it's possible you don't remember him to well." She then looks to Seta.

Meanwhile out in the rowhouse area of the town, Hansel as he travels through wonders about the current Meiji era that the entire nation has now entered into. He looks to his father's old headband as he holds it in his hands thinking of what he must have been like, Hansel having been pretty young when his father died in combat.

Last edited: