Running Where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurureenu listened to Rune's directions following them closely as she pondered the words he told her. There were a lot of people that just let her run by, didn't say anything to her, or show a bit of concern. He was the only person who looked her in the eye and showed anything on that sidewalk. She blushed, remembering that she had also kissed him on the cheek in the heat of the moment.

Why did I even do that? she thought, turning on her signal. Maybe she feared her own mortality in that moment just long enough that she never left a very well-lasting memory on someone. In the end, though, she ended up roping him in this entire fiasco. Now his life was going to be caught up with the mafia as well. And it's all my fault if he dies in the process...

~

Angel turned and began to follow after him. "Good..." she murmured with a devilish smirk. "Let's get chewed out first, though."

Rune smiled as he saw the wall coming into view as he sighs softly. "Well there it is the slum wall" he spoke as he looked out the window. "Now Ku watch it the police don't run this it's ran by the mayor own private army" Rune spoke.

Kurureenu nodded as she carefully approached the wall. "So... We're gonna find people to help us here, hm?" she muttered, gazing wearily over toward the wall. "I'm not gonna get smoked out of this one, I hope..."

She wondered if she would be able to get some more clothes, too. She had been running around and struggling in what she had been wearing and didn't have much else to her name. Her accounts were frozen, so she didn't have any access to the measly amount she had earned from the job she had lost running away. All she wanted to do was stay out of the mafia's hands... She didn't want her body to be sold and tossed around like a piece of meat. She wanted freedom.

And another plus for them because they can sell my virginity to the highest bidder. she thought maliciously, glaring toward the road.

Rune looked over to Ku. "Yes Ku there should be some one that can help us both" he spoke as he smiles softly as he watched the look on Ku's face change as he sighs softly as he reached over putting a hand on Ku's hand as she drove. "It's going to be okay Ku trust me okay?" he asked as he smiled.

Kurureenu felt the touch and glanced down. She moved her hand from his instinctively and bit her lip. "Sorry... I was just thinking about things," she muttered, glancing briefly toward him. "Are we almost there? I want to get out of the car..."

And sleep... she thought. She didn't care about the possibility of a coma anymore. She just wanted to close her eyes and she just wanted this all to be over already. She wanted to mourn for her father's death and she wanted some peace. If Scotty was still around, she could vent to him about everything. He knew her father very well and would be able to help her through the ordeal.

She had to mourn Scotty, too... He was like an adoptive father to her. Especially when her father was having his episodes or going through long times not being home. Scotty was the first person she could call when her father was starting to OD. He taught her how to take care of herself and her father. And now... he was gone.

"Well we just need to drive a couple of blocks and were there" Rune spoke as they entered the slums as Rune looked around seeing all the shacks and poor people walking the streets.

The girl nodded, following what Rune said before slowing the car to a stop. "Are we supposed to meet them here, then?" she asked, glancing around at the slums and the people that wandered within it. She put the car in park and laid her head on the steering wheel. "I wonder where we're going to stay at. Apparently there's quite the option around here."

Her gaze went over toward Rune and she raised a brow. "Are you really sure you want to get involved with me? This is like a suicidal marriage pact you'll be making."

Rune smiled. "Yes this is where he is usually at" he spoke as he looked around at the houses as he sighed softly he then heard Ku ask him if this was what he wanted. "Well Ku if this is a suicidal marriage pack then I guess it's death do us part Ku" Rune blushed a tad. "Plus being in that kind of pack with you doesn't seem like the worse thing to happen to me" he spoke softly.

The girl rolled her eyes toward Rune's comment about being together until death does them part. "You must really want to die with me, hm?" she muttered, looking back toward the sidewalk and noticing some familiar faces. It was more like 'face' though, since both individuals had the same one.

"Those twins from before," Kurureenu muttered, leaning over and staring. "Why are they out here?"

Rune smiled seeing the twins. "Aw there they are Ku we can go" Rune spoke as he gets out of the car waving at the two. "Dax, Hale it's me Rune" he spoke as the two waved backed both were smiling as they walked over to the car.

Kurureenu frowned when he mentioned that the twins were the people they were meeting. She didn't peg them as members of a mafia or anything like that. Especially rivaling the one her father is indebted to. She opened the door, carefully standing up with the hood back over her head.

What do I say to them? she thought as she quietly stood and watched them approach. She wondered if they would recognize her, then realized that was a stupid thought. Her face was plastered all over television. Of course they were going to recognize her once again.

"We... We meet again," she finally piped up.

Hale looked up seeing the women. "Oh well if it isn't Kurureenu" he spoke chuckling softly as Dax waved to Ku reaching out for her hand putting it up to his lips kissing it. "My lady" he spoke as Hale laughed softly watching. "Dax cool it you'll scare her off" he spoke as Dax turned around looking at Hale. "Shut it Hale" Rune sighs softly watching them go at it. "Hey when you two are done we could really use your help here" he spoke

Hale stopped looking at the other two. "Oh is that so what is it that's bugging you two beside you know your both injured?" he spoke

Kurureenu didn't have time to react, Dax was already grabbing hold of her hand. She carefully pulled it away, stepping a bit closer to Rune as the twins mentioned their injuries. She glanced over toward Rune's shoulder, her tank top looking rather red now.

"We got involved with the mafia uptown," she muttered, reaching over and adjusting the makeshift bandaging on Rune. "The car I was in flipped and Rune got shot... First priority for us would be medical attention and rest." She sent a sideways gaze over toward the twins, raising a brow. "My dad obtained a huge debt and now they're coming after me to collect. This bozo got himself involved instead of running away."

Hale sighs softly. "I see so Rune your still running in head first into trouble again hmm?" Hale spoke softly as Dax laugh. "And all cause your in love with this girl I'm I right I mean I would look at her" he chuckles as Hale hits Dax on the head. "Ouch what I do?" Hale sighs. "Be good now you two follow us we'll get you taken care of" Hale spoke

Kurureenu blushed darkly as the twins made their comments. There was no way in hell she could ever take what they said seriously by the tones they had. Even if someone did have some sort of feelings for her, they wouldn't want to deal with her long with the mafia at her heels.

Except he came charging in headfirst to get them off. she thought, moving to follow behind the twins. Her first step, though, resulted in a stumble and pitching her forward. She twisted and reached out, grabbing rather blindly to catch herself. With how fast her head was spinning, she barely knew if she hit the ground or if her efforts were rewarded with a swift catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.