Running Towards a New Life Sign Ups/Chat (Need MALE Characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely to see the IC is up! I don't know about you guys, but I keep listening to this whilst writing my posts.

Helps me get into character!

Lovely to see the IC is up! I don't know about you guys, but I keep listening to this whilst writing my posts.

Helps me get into character!

I ended up dancing to this song. You know what, I'm a use it too, maybe it'll help me get into character.
:)

And then you have me who likes to listen to Disney when I RP...

Enjoy my french music. I don't even speak french. The English version just... was severely lacking in aesthetic. "Jack the ripper's" lisp just killed the entire song.

Enjoy this as well.

Name: Fülöp Lénárt (f-oo-l-uh-p l-eh-n-er-t)

Physical Description: He stands at an average height and is slim in build. Yet doesn't look too delicate. Fülöp is fair skinned and has short straight dark mohogany chestnut hair, which he usually keeps brushed. He has an oval shaped face and owns two dark brown eyes. And while he usually looks pretty ordinary for a boy who lives in the orphanage, he can look presentable if he tries. Especially since it was a time where getting employed was so rare, he doesn't want to look like he's been living like he is.

Personality Traits: Fülöp is pretty reliable and feels responsible to most of the people in the orphanage, especially to those younger than he is. He can also be deceptive, masking his real emotions and sometimes pain with a smile on his face, usually using this to help the others instead. Though once alone, he will usually let it all out. He's not sure why he bothers to do this, but suspects that it was because of the older kid he used to be friends with, until he moved to America. Whatever it is, he doesn't mind and is happy to support everyone. Or so he says. He also likes to listen to people, and actually likes it when they come to him, even if he's just nodding and giving his opinion everyonce in a while. But it can be the other way around as well, he's learned how to become persuasive through listening as well, though he wouldn't use it against his companions.

He is very ambitious, so much that it's kind of become a fault. He wants to become wealthy, just like every other person, and will do almost anything to do it. He isn't the one who usually gives up, but when something seems useless no matter what you do, then there's a good chance that he won't even try. Fülöp is also someone that holds a grudge for a very long time, especially when betrayed.

How They Got To The Orphanage or Bio: Fülöp was born in the kingdom of Hungary, Budapest; on January the 18th, 1915. His mother died giving birth to him, and therefore was stuck with his father, which he didn't mind. Together, they lived in Hungary for six years. He loved it there, especially because of a certain role model he held dear. The older boy often treated him like family and he very much enjoyed it. But it was in early August that his father decided that they should move to America. After the treaty of Trinon was signed, his father became furious because the Hungary government decided to give most of their territory to Austria. Calling them incompetent and didn't want to deal with them. Saying his goodbyes to the boy, before reluctantly moving to America. he has not yet heard from him.

Once they reached the country, he and his father bought a pretty small house. They lived peacefully. Unknown to Fülöp, his father was actually having trouble with money. And soon the pressure got too much for him. One day his father just left him at an orphanage at the age of ten. Even now, he had resented his father.

Extra: Fülöp is lactose intolerant. He can also speak Hungarian, and often uses it when he wants to curse or talk to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NotAllThatCreative
Go ahead and post in the RP whenever you want :)

We played this song in our Marching Band show last year ^u^

I would just like to clarify, we are still in the orphanage right. We have not left correct?

No, every one is getting ready for school. I assume we are going to run away either before or after school. ( I hope before )

(When I said No, I meant that we are still at the orphanage, just to clarify)

They will probably leave within the week or so.

They will probably leave within the week or so.
Alrighty then, I guess that mean Lewis will be heading to work then!! Anyone want to work on roads with Lewis.
Oh a just to clarify, will the older kids have to do things around the house the whole day of do they have to work also. Because high school was not a big thing in the 30's it likely that a lot of the teens won't be in school.

Can I be given the relative date for this? Because all I can gather is that it's in a weekday, which I don't care about; and that it's in the 1930s, which is a bit too vague for me. A year and a month would be great, but this is also totally irrelevant. So if you want, you can just ignore this.

I was thinking between August and October. As for the year, 1932.

Status
Not open for further replies.