Running into One Another

Jerry led the way quietly out of the factory, not looking over his shoulder at all, as if he expected the lad to keep up and stay up and not slink off somewhere to hide. He had confidence like few others and he liked to display it. With a grin he entered a better part of the town and started towards a large building. Estate really. There was nothing building-ish about it. It was his estate and he was proud of it. It was cut off from the rest of it's neighbors by ten foot tall hedges that had been trimmed to perfection. He entered the manor through a set of double doors that were opened for him. Several maids descended upon him and Kastyln, ushering both to individual rooms. As he walked, Jerry gave orders to provide 'the boy' with clothes that fit and would reflect Jerry's tastes best and then to bring him to his office.

An hour later he walked out into an office, regal in his pair of black pants and white button up shirt that was not tucked in. He held himself at his best, wanting to impress the lad since he was no longer covered in filth himself.

Kastlyn felt a bit overwhelmed with how big the whole place was, even more so when he was taken to a seprate room and people were around him, asking him to help a bit as they tried to get him into nicer clothes. After a short struggle of him being a bit started by everything he was changed and being shown somewhere else. He looked around what seemed to be an office before noticing Jerry was there as well and blushing at how childish he must have seemed.

Jerry looked up momentarily from his desk, a pair of glasses resting on the bridge of his nose before he took them off and sat back. Considering the young man he then stood and walked around the table to rest on the edge ofit before motioning to a chair. "Take a seat. I am Jerry Lindin," he offered before taking up a few sheets of paper and waiting for the boy to sit down.

Kastlyn sat down as told and looked up at Jerry again, "I'm Kastlyn...i dont have a ...last name or anything like that..." he looked down at the floor, chewing at his lip a bit.

"Kastyln. I like the name," he said as if he were rolling it over his tongue for a taste like a wine drinker might. "Anyway here are the contracts for you to sign. You will see that I also put in for covering any medical expenses or Shifting expenses that might happen during your stay here. You may customize the room you will use however you like as long as you return it to it's original style upon your departure should that ever come to pass. If you do not then you will be sued to pay the expenses to change it back. You will be given a new wardrobe free of charge and meals free. It also has a list of your duties which include but are not limited to keeping track of dates, knowledge of appointments, and keeping me on target with information I will need to know. If you agree to them sign at the bottom and I will get you started."

"Thank you." He listened as Jerry spoke of what he would be doing and what he would be given while working for him. It didnt sound much like work, sounded more like being a personal secretary, which this undoubtably would end up being if he agreed to work for him. he looked at the paper before looking back up at the man in front of him. "...Do you have a pen I could use?"

Jerry smiled and nodded before turning and picking up a pen and then handing it to the man. "You will start by getting new clothes. That is a must for this job. I can't have you go around in the clothes you had before. Valina, take young Kastyln here to the store and see that he is fitted with at least... oh... fourteen different outfits. Seven formal, three nonformal, and the rest of varying styles. You know what will compliment me best," he said to a woman that had silently entered and taken a place right behind Kastyln.

"Very well sir. Come along Kastyln. The sooner we complete this the soon you may begin proper work," the woman said with a kind smile.

Kastlyn followed after the woman, nodding a bit as he did. The two of them ended up at a formal store, one Kastlyn would never even think of setting foot in were it not going to be having someone else pay for such clothes and that they werent needed. The amount of clothes he was getting though seemed uncalled for. fourteen diffrent outfits, the thought boggled his mind as to why he couldnt just wash them. The thought went through his head as the clothes were being rung up and paid for. "Thank you, Ms. Valina." he bit his lip as he talked, brushing some hair from his face.

Valina looked at the man and then shrugged. "Do not thank me. Thank Mister Jerry when we return home. I do as he tells me and I get paid. it is that simple. That is what you'll be up to as well. Just keep yer head down and out of the way and you'll do golden kid," she said as she led him out of the place with the bags over her arms before getting into the car they had had take them there. "Come alone then Jerry."

Kastlyn carried in half the bags once they arrived back at the estate, he followed the woman up to a room which would be his. It was bigger than he was expecting he would be with and well furnished. "Wow." he carried the bags over to the bed and set them down as he looked around, half ignoring as Valina set down the rest of the bags.

Valina looked at the young man after she finished putting her bags down. "Mister Jerry does like to keep his servants and employee's happy. If you can keep up with him he might even offer you your own apartment. His last assistant thought it was an insult and quit the next day though there were some issues with that lad besides the fact. Mr. Jerry will take care of you as long as you do what he needs. Needs being the key term. Sometimes he'll want things you can't give him Mr. Kastlyn. Sometimes the best thing is to refuse him something. You'll learn what those are as you work," she said, slowly relaxing around the lad at his surprise. "Working for him isn't bad."

Kastlyn nodded, "Thank you, I'll try my best here." He smiled pushing some hair from his face again. "Thank you for helping me as well, it was very kind." He glanced at the bags before at the closet, he would need to hang them up or fold them, either way, they needed to be put away. "How long have you worked here Mrs. Valina?" He pulled some clothes from the bags as he talked.

Valina had started to take the clothes and hang them up int he closet as she spoke before she stopped and gave him a small look with a smile. "I'm a miss, not misses Kastlyn. Still looking to get married myself. As for how long? I was his childhood friend that he took when when I needed work so about twenty years give or take depending on if you count the years I was his reminder to do things when we were in school," she said before she turned away and continued working.

"Sorry, ms. Valina." Kastlyn pulled some clothes from a bag and hung them up, it felt weird to be able to call these his. Once they were hung up he looked at the door of the closet, looking for the list Jerry had talked about with the list of what he would be doing. "I should go thank Jerry first. Do you know where he would be?" He turned to face the woman as he talked.

The woman smiled and produced said list, walking over to give it to him. "You can most likely find him in his study where you were earlier or in his office. Yes he has both, and no both are not related. The office will most likely put him in a foul mood because he must deal with idiots in there. In the study is where he relaxes and does work that he enjoys. They are on opposite side of the complex. I would tred lightly if you find him in his office," she said before turning and going to the door that led the way out. "I do hope you enjoy your stay Jerry."