Runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember convincing a higher level guy to give me his awesome higher-level character. I think we traded profiles and everything. I don't know how I managed it, but it makes me wonder what was going through the guy's head way back then.

I also very clearly remember talking my dad into getting me premium membership. Good times.

Playing 2007runescape, more people should get on.

I would play hours at a time and all I would do is chop wood, catch fish, make fires, make food, lvl grind on cows and shit XD oh it was such a fun game.

Played Rs3 for a while. Many skills were botted. Got banned.

My biggest complaint? The 'ragging' phenomenon. The Clan Wars 'Free for All' minigame is saturated with socially-dysfunctional players that attack one another for hours on end until one of them logs out. Throw in entire clans that participate in this activity and you wind up with a vicious 'gang culture' that drives out decent players who just want to take part in the FFA festivities. Raggers will brag about how long they can 'last' (some of them praise the fact that they can stay awake for 48 straight hours during a rag session).

I can't stress the gang part either; these people wage toxic flame wars across Skype, Facebook and the nifty PM system of RS itself. Being affiliated with a certain clan can earn you a 'perm rag' the moment you walk through a particular CW portal (usually the white portal, which leads to FFA).

It's prevalent in the wilderness area too, and a downright epidemic on private servers. One person on a server called 'Soulsplit' had his entire paypal account cleaned out by a hacker who was a member of a rival clan. Others have been doxed and have had pizzas sent to their homes.

Why do I cite ragging as my biggest gripe with RS? Because Clan Wars was actually fun and enjoyable. Unlimited respawns meant unlimited special attacks and a non-boring approach to training your skills. But ragging is also a serious thorn in the side of anyone who wants to PK or go a few rounds in Clan Wars.

Ragging on YT: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=runescape raggers

To an outsider, all of this must be a barrel of laughs.

EDIT: And yes, I do play 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.