Runescape

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Professor Crane, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra continued his onslaught, eventually switching into a more defensive stance when their enemies nearly overwhelmed them. While he wasn't afraid of their numbers, he needed to be realistic and careful so he could not only protect himself, but also make sure the civilians continued to stay safe as well. The young man was secretly self conscious when it came to making more mistakes after already having gotten people hurt.

He noticed an opening, however, when the French Soldiers would appear and start to distract the monsters. Terra then broke from his defensive stance and charged at the beasts, hammering at their weak points with direct, physical attacks. While he hoped his attacks would be more than enough, he secretly wished the soldiers who had come forward would've been able to do more than they were doing.

What use were these men other than bait to distract the monsters? Terra struggled not to see them as more than useless bugs, but knew such thoughts were probably brought on due to his inner darkness. Inwardly ashamed, he tried to throw his focus entirely onto the battle and ignore his thoughts. Because of his inner darkness, he had lost his master and put his friends in danger. He couldn't let it overwhelm him again.

@Jeremi​

2. Tyler Haak

As Tyler ate like it was any other day, her skin did not darken to blue like it normally did. Otto would probably be able to feel the extra heat she was putting off; using the fire to keep herself warm while simultaneously trying to increase her stamina with these powers. If she kept practicing this way she would be able to use her powers for longer periods of time. It wouldn’t hurt to try to extend her capabilities a little bit and she needed to work with the fire a little bit more. When she was greeted, she gave Otto a nod and responded back with a simple “Morning.” Too early in the morning really. She would have loved to sleep in longer but she had been pulled awake after one crazy nightmare and there was no way she was going back to sleep after that.

The nightmare continued with some military-looking man walking through the door and staring them all down. Tyler took her stare-down while crunching on a piece of toast. She continued to chew and stare back while she was looked at. Zero shits given here today folks. Mr. Green introduced himself with what was possibly a fake name which made her wonder why everyone here knew their names but they could easily just be getting false information. Why did they know all of their names in the first place? Was Lucien passing the information on along with their dossiers?

She took the piece of paper that was handed to her, sitting it beside her plate and glancing over the itinerary. Rough stuff, so much training. She was starting to wonder if she might as well have just gone into the military herself with a schedule like this. But she had always hated the getting shot or stabbed and dying possibility – now look at where she was at. Now she was wondering if she and her team of magical misfits would end up being on the front lines of a war they didn’t even fully understand.

She brought a spoonful or oatmeal to her mouth as she continued to read, a small piece of gooey oat falling from the spoon and landing on the edge of the paper. The woman glanced around to see if anyone had noticed before trying to wipe the food off. She then continued to eat as if nothing had happened. Her eyes slid over to the new guy as he was introduced and she looked him up and down briefly. Kids. Why were there so many kids? Speaking of, Alkura was finally making her way in. Tyler slid her itinerary over so the girl could look at it, giving her a nod in greeting. She glanced at the clock, wondering if she could get a short nap in before they had to start for the day. Or maybe some meditation? With breakfast done, she stood and went back to her room, plopping down on the bed and curling into the blanket. Her door was left slightly ajar in case someone needed her. She wanted to rest, but she also felt that she should stay awake and do something productive.
    As Tyler ate like it was any other day, her skin did not darken to blue like it normally did. Otto would probably be able to feel the extra heat she was putting off; using the fire to keep herself warm while simultaneously trying to increase her stamina with these powers. If she kept practicing this way she would be able to use her powers for longer periods of time. It wouldn’t hurt to try to extend her capabilities a little bit and she needed to work with the fire a little bit more. When she was greeted, she gave Otto a nod and responded back with a simple “Morning.” Too early in the morning really. She would have loved to sleep in longer but she had been pulled awake after one crazy nightmare and there was no way she was going back to sleep after that.

The nightmare continued with some military-looking man walking through the door and staring them all down. Tyler took her stare-down while crunching on a piece of toast. She continued to chew and stare back while she was looked at. Zero shits given here today folks. Mr. Green introduced himself with what was possibly a fake name which made her wonder why everyone here knew their names but they could easily just be getting false information. Why did they know all of their names in the first place? Was Lucien passing the information on along with their dossiers?

She took the piece of paper that was handed to her, sitting it beside her plate and glancing over the itinerary. Rough stuff, so much training. She was starting to wonder if she might as well have just gone into the military herself with a schedule like this. But she had always hated the getting shot or stabbed and dying possibility – now look at where she was at. Now she was wondering if she and her team of magical misfits would end up being on the front lines of a war they didn’t even fully understand.

She brought a spoonful or oatmeal to her mouth as she continued to read, a small piece of gooey oat falling from the spoon and landing on the edge of the paper. The woman glanced around to see if anyone had noticed before trying to wipe the food off. She then continued to eat as if nothing had happened. Her eyes slid over to the new guy as he was introduced and she looked him up and down briefly. Kids. Why were there so many kids? Speaking of, Alkura was finally making her way in. Tyler slid her itinerary over so the girl could look at it, giving her a nod in greeting. She glanced at the clock, wondering if she could get a short nap in before they had to start for the day. Or maybe some meditation? With breakfast done, she stood and went back to her room, plopping down on the bed and curling into the blanket. Her door was left slightly ajar in case someone needed her. She wanted to rest, but she also felt that she should stay awake and do something productive.

3. [​IMG]

Name: Vein Theadein
    Race: Fallen

Background

Alchemists and Magisters claim that Light is the fastest thing imaginable. Wizards and Witches know otherwise. Because wherever Light travels, Darkness is already waiting for it. Such was the heart of who was once among the greatest of the Host of Heaven, known as Vein.

The White City had been given the duty of guardianship over a planet known as the Second Kingdom- The realm of the fledgling Humanity and for a time, it was good. As the eons rolled on however, some among them grew weary of their task and began to mutter amongst themselves how such a place did not deserve their guardianship. They were a violent, crude race. They indulged in blasphemy, they tapped into the darkest of arts and only when left with no recourse, did they raise their voices Heavenward. The greatest among them joined the White City, but the majority fell...Either turned into monstrosities, or corrupted in a way to horrify the most pious among them.

Such was the breeding ground for dissent for Vein, who sought to covertly examine the corruption on Earth with his own eyes. Seeing in it, a life unlike any he had known, he grew to emphasize with its struggle- He wondered why Humanity, far worse then any monster born into its nature should be uplifted beyond these. His work was discovered and he was cast out, alongside his followers- These became the ones known as the Fallen, with Vein greatest among them. Establishing the Third Kingdom, they made their home across the Styx- In dead realms, brought to life by the darkest arts they now indulged themselves as the race of demons came into the world. Forever more, to be locked in combat with the White City....With the Second Kingdom as the grand prize.

@neejeeha

4. I am interested in this, gimme time to catch up on all my crap though.

5. Thats fine. I worked a 12 to 12 shift on friday and then had to wake up at 7 for a mandatory meeting and had to be back by 5 pm to close once again. So yah Im a wee bit tired. Havent really been able to rp.

6. Interested~ Will do stuff after I get to break which is in two days.
    Yeeeeeah!

7. Thanks for the invite

8. Angel and a werewolf is more my speed

9. Effortlessly, silently the soldier slipped into the room, cleared his throat softly, and then stepped forward to catch the egg that she would inevitably drop. "Why don't you let me take care of this for you?" He asked, quietly, still trying to shake off some of the pain he'd relived moments ago. He needed to busy himself, she needed to sit. And they both needed the voices in their heads, the ghosts of the past to be quiet a moment. This should be easy, he thought to himself. Just helping a friend. Just making her life easier in the wake of a loss. Don't think about how long he'd wanted her to be alone, his for the taking. Don't think about how comfortable he was tucking that little girl upstairs into bed. Just don't think. Gloved hands placed over hers, taking things gently from her hands. Then took her shoulders, guided her to a seat in what was at one time had been a social room. Now was empty, dusty from lack of use and dark.

Almost casually, he flicked a hand at the fireplace as he stood, igniting the fireplace with minimal effort. That was hardly his concern. "Now then. What can I get you, Luv?" came the question, not even thinking about the nickname. He'd called her things like that before, just passed off as how dear a friend she was. Even saying it made him kick himself mentally. Stop. For the love of life, man. Just stop. Forget the past. That's not what she needs. But that couldn't hide the hints of how much he was hurting himself, or how much he cared from showing on his face, in his eyes.

10. But there was something different to that name this time. In how he'd said it, in how she responded to it. Before she'd have playfully shoved him, laughed herself to breathlessness, and maybe tried to embarrass him with a sweet nickname of her own. Well, that last one depending on how close within earshot they had been to Genesis at the time. He'd never been one for those kinds of jokes. Only with female friends. Never with Sephiroth. Always oddly sharp about how she communicated with Sephiroth when he was actually paying attention. Never explained why, or ever even wanted to talk about it. But they weren't sulks that had taken the life from her.

Now her head jerked up out of the slow motion she had been living in since he had gone. Eyes were wider, clearer, and even her cheeks glowed with old colouration. Had she misheard? Was that 'love' he had just said? Her mouth dried up. "W-What?" Another voice had called her that too, and it was his ghost she saw superimposed over the figure in black who had replaced her in the kitchen. Red flickered in battle with black and silver, and then dissipated entirely. Still, even when the phantom had gone, she stared at Seph as though seeing him for the very first time.

And then she heard his question properly; the words that had come before the shock.

"O-Oh. Right. Uh..." When had she started her shaking again? It wasn't cold in here, but her body seemed to disagree. Something warm. Sweet. She fumbled for thought. "I was just gonna make hot chocolate for me. And..." Her eyes narrowed pensively at the counter from which he'd steered her. Her plans were still no clearer in her memory. She sighed, shook her head that lowered slowly. "I... don't know."

11. "And adults are complicated in general."

12. [​IMG]
    Full Name
    Novis Silverwood

Nickname
    Fangs

Sex
    Female

Race
    Werewolf

Subrace
    Alpha

Class:
    Warrior

Social Class
    Middle Class

Kingdom
    Thunder Kingdom

Orientation
    Pansexual

Personality
    Strong, independent, fists first then words. Fangs is known for being quite the warrior for the Thunder Kingdom, and feared
    by many for her raw power and wit. She is prickly most of the time, but she can be sympathetic
    towards children. She has a strong hatred for vampires, she can't stand them.

Relationships
    Unknown Parents

Background
    Growing up as a cub on her own, Fangs was raised by the pack for the pack. She owes her life to them.
    She currently runs the high ranked gang of fighters who help protect her kingdom. She grew up on the streets without
    parents until the wolf pack found her and took her in. She doesn't have a specific set of parents or parental figure.
    She doesn't speak much about what happens inside the pack, as that is for the pack to know.

Appearance
    [​IMG]

13. So do I just pick a kingdom and put a starter in it? Because if I'm honest I don't know which I want to go with because he's a wanderer.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix snickered as he sensed Isir in the shadows before he wiped the blood off his knife. He told Isir "no I have handled it myself. Now fall back."

He walked off and wrapped an arm around Will. "Now tell me, what was your plan? You know if I didn't have an oracle who saw through the future and kept me in the know how." He smirked as he played with Will's hair. "Isir, wasn't I just talking about what would happen if I died? I definitely was. What would happen to my people? What would happen to my dear old sister. She would be heartbroken."

He grabbed his chest, in fake pain. "Oh how would that break my heart." He let out a laugh.

15. "We're no good with strangers..."

16. Another glass gone. She prodded his chest with one finger, breaths warm clouds that puffed across pale skin. Big eyes blinked blearily up at him, hidden under gradually more tousled raven locks. "But if you... if you wanna kill me, that... that's ok. You should, actually. Heroes fight... monsters, right? That's a thing they do. All happily ever after, and peasants rejoicing, and dancing in the street--" She gasped, and her eyes exploded to wideness. "MAYBE YOU'LL BE KNIGHTED! Yes, you definitely should. Run me through and save the villagers!" And somehow, despite the real belief behind all she was saying, Luna fell to laughing again. Perhaps it was for lack of anything else to say, but long-stifled laughter took over from her cries, and before long her tears had been replaced by ones of joy. All very short lived, but wonderful and breathless for as long as they echoed around the room.

And then she came down, aware of the comforting weight of his chin upon her head, of the warm arm around her. She snuggled in tight to both and let out a long, heavy sigh. In part she had realised what she'd said, and deep down, truly wanted it. But part of it too was that she'd really missed the closeness. It was a different sort to Genesis's, which had smelled more of expensive perfumes, and squeezed her tighter as though she were a thing to be possessed. Sephiroth's came with a different kind of safety, the sweetness of his hair balanced perfectly with the spicy, primal, masculine notes that wafted pleasantly from his skin. Impossible to describe, but so perfect for him. Smelled like home, like nostalgia, like safety, and she could really feel it when held so close to him. It was like an invitation to simpler, sweeter times, and one she accepted gladly. She closed her eyes and let herself be enveloped by it. Each inhalation was soothing--so much that she pressed closer yet, so that the tip of her nose lightly grazed his collarbone.

17. But we get that second rp started tomorrow....hopefully. Unless my internet goes out, or the world ends, or some other reason, and gets pushed back for...the 100th time? (lol)

18. In this discussion, we'll tell each other what we want from Pokemon Sun and Moon, and hopefully someone can find a match or can strike up a deal for what they want. As an example:

I am looking for a female Eevee. I'm willing to trade a Rowlet for it or we can talk about it. I have Moon.

19. That problem when all the centaur ladies don have shirts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.