Rune Factory: Land of a Time Passed (OOC and Sign-ups)

What sort of occupations would be okay?

If I remember some examples right:

Entertainer
Town's Warrior (like Forte)
Butler
Gardener/Farmer/Botanist
Shopkeeper
Restaurant owner/baker
Waiter (in said restaurant)
Doctor/Nurse
Historian (if I remember right)
Blacksmith
Tailorshop
Florist
Grocery store owner

These are just some ideas from the games

Reactions: Rads and Equusheart
*actually looks up Rune Factory*

Oh! Okay I think I might make some changes to my characters then! 🤔 😁

The first two games had a church and a priest to run it. I think there were some orphans in the first one who lived at the church?

There's usually somebody in charge of a public bathhouse.

The third game had an artist who lived in the woods, and the leader of a desert commune. The fourth had a detective. I'm not entirely sure what a sizeable portion of the cast in that one even did in town though. They were just sort of... there? Assistants to other villagers? Memory's fuzzy.

And then there was always somebody from the local nobility present. The St. Coquelles, I think they were called? They're a big family, and when you meet them they tend to leave an impression.

Also wow, a Rune Factory thread. @.@

Reactions: Equusheart
Oh I'm definitely getting inspired now! 😁 My characters will be brother and sister who run the local tavern/inn.

Reactions: Rads
How does one find out that they're an Earthmate?

How does one find out that they're an Earthmate?
Short of someone else who is more in tuned with that sort of thing (like a more experienced earth mate, or some sort of magical/divine being) there are likely certain tests that can be performed to figure out if that's the case. Things like having someone plant a seed and tend to the plant, and watch its progress and whether it grows better or not

So is this following Rune Factory 5 or the series as a whole?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm super new to Rune Factory.

So is this following Rune Factory 5 or the series as a whole?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm super new to Rune Factory.
Its following after 4ish, but its not really directly related

So how long have we all been in this village?

It's been about a month so far. For the most part, they are stable on the food side of things, but it's more foraging and fishing than farming at the moment

Have they moved into the city/one of the towns yet, or are they camping out somewhere outside?

Most have moved in or at least are close to being comfortable with it

Character posts! May or may not go back to edit them later if I notice mistakes.

sample_ddb308d35d36f6c0f935197009019c81d761dbf1.jpg

Name: Rita Neith

Personality:
Rita has a resting angry face, but hates to have it pointed out. She generally views people through the lens of "I'll treat you how you treat me". She's typically quite brusque with those she's not particularly close to, and hates having her affairs pried into. If she feels that she has an obligation to do something, she generally follows through with it, and is more than happy to help out those who don't mistreat her.

She has a generally low tolerance for alcohol, and is a happy drunk. She also quite likes to drink when she gets the chance. If she sees someone she doesn't dislike struggling, she often goes over to offer them help, often even to the exclusion of whatever she was working on prior. She's slightly claustrophobic. She has a sharp distaste for theft.

Hobbies:
-Running
-Archery
-Singing

-Swords
-Broccoli
-Sheep
-Beer
-Dried apple slices

Dislikes
-Rats
-Raw Metal
-Green foods (Except broccoli)
-Comments about her being scary (Hates)
-Caves (Least favorite)
-Bones

History:
Rita was born in a small city in the once-domain of the Sechs empire before it's disintegration. When she was seven, the city was sacked. Her parents were killed during the chaos of the battle in the city, and she found herself out on the streets. After nearly starving to death, she found herself in one of the street gangs of the impoverished city, and eventually ran into her adoptive brother. Over time, she took care of him and ended up easily falling into the role of an older sister for him.
Over the next three years, she was stuck in the role of a pickpocket and beggar before she finally decided to start searching for odd jobs around town. She was strong for her age, and although meagre, she was able to earn enough for her and Leslie to eat. As she continued to grow, one thing led to another, and she picked up the skills to go out of the city hunting. And from there, she made the leap to mercenary work, although she refused to have anything to do with the wars, much preferring jobs to capture or slay nearby monsters.
Eventually, when she was sixteen and Leslie was twelve, she realized he had a talent for scholarship and started sending him to school using job proceeds. Unfortunately, due to the costs of the scholarly lifestyle, she was forced to take jobs further and further from home.
A few weeks before the shipwreck, Leslie finally finished his studies, and the pair decided to take a trip, both as a celebration for his graduation, and in search of a better place to settle down and build a more permanent life. Unfortunately, the ship they took was wrecked, and they found themselves among the castaways on the island. In the month since, Rita has helped guard the group from wild animals and monsters, and has generally helped with any labor needed to resettle the city.

Relationships:
Petrus Lapin
"It's kind of cute how much energy he has. Kind of makes me sad Leslie was never like that."

Jian Hua
"She's annoying. She likes to bugger for information about the past too much."

Aiguo
"He's nice enough. Buys some of the plants I can find outside the city."

Iris
"She's practically a bundle of energy. Lots of fun to initiate a chase with, though."

Teva Yaruk
"I see her every so often while I'm out. Seems nice enough, if a bit shy."

Leslie Neith
"My brother. I'm proud of him."

Hunter/Guard/Manual Labor

Extra:
She's a really bad cook, but hates to admit it.

sample_ada438a9aff4624cf4470518eb4300c774eddffe.jpg

Name: Leslie Neith

Personality:
Leslie is generally rather skittish. He's prone to becoming tongue-tied if he becomes embarrassed or is startled, and is quite easily embarrassed. He has a complex about appearance, and dislikes any suggestion that he's in any way girly. So much so that he often tries to make himself seem more manly, often to his own embarrassment.

He loves to help out where he can, although he's not very physically strong. He's also quite gullible, and rarely distrusts the words of others. Unlike his sister, he's quite happy to be open with others, and any information about their past is likely to have come from him rather than Rita. He's quite bad a lying, to the point that almost anyone could catch on when he tries to tell a lie.

Hobbies:
-Reading
-Cooking
-Singing

-Meat
-Sweets (Pretends not to)
-Old buildings
-Paintings
-Spices

Dislikes
-Rats
-Fire
-Blood
-Comments about him being girly (Hates)
-Jewelry (Least favorite)
-Being tricked

History:
Leslie was born in a small city in the once-domain of the Sechs empire before it's disintegration. When he was three, the city was sacked. his parents were killed during the chaos of the battle in the city, and he found herself out on the streets. Due to his young age, he was taken in by one of the local street gangs as a distraction for their pickpockets. He ended up being paired up with his adoptive sister, and as time went on, he began to view her as a big sister more than anything else.

Over time, Rita's physical abilities brought the pair in off the street, and due to his lack of strength or marketable abilities, Leslie made an effort to learn as much as he could to help his sister. He proved to have an amazing memory, and Rita eventually took notice, finding a school that accepted commoners to send him to. Over the next four years, Leslie learned a lot, studying mainly history and monsters. Although he was sad that he was separated from Rita so often all of the sudden, Leslie poured himself into his studies.

Eventually, he graduated, and he and Rita went on a trip abroad. She claimed it was to find somewhere better to live, but he knew it was also partly meant to be a celebratory trip for his graduation. Unfortunately, the ship they took was wrecked, and they found themselves among the castaways on the island. In the month since, Leslie has helped to catalogue the city, as well as helped to identify some of the local monsters and what sorts of taming methods exist for each.

Relationships:
Petrus Lapin
"I'm jealous of just how much energy he has. And he's really smart to boot."

Jian Hua
"She's kinda fun! Her and Rita are kinda similar. I just wish she'd stop being so aloof."

Aiguo
"A potential study buddy? He seems to like learning, so it's worth a try."

Iris
"She's mean. She always tricks me, and she keeps trying to chase me down for some reason!"

Teva Yaruk
"Who?"

Rita Neith
"My sister. I wish she'd stop teasing me so much."

Historian/Monster Scholar

Extra:
TBD

Last edited:
Character posts! May or may not go back to edit them later if I notice mistakes.

Personality:
Rita has a resting angry face, but hates to have it pointed out. She generally views people through the lens of "I'll treat you how you treat me". She's typically quite brusque with those she's not particularly close to, and hates having her affairs pried into. If she feels that she has an obligation to do something, she generally follows through with it, and is more than happy to help out those who don't mistreat her.

She has a generally low tolerance for alcohol, and is a happy drunk. She also quite likes to drink when she gets the chance. If she sees someone she doesn't dislike struggling, she often goes over to offer them help, often even to the exclusion of whatever she was working on prior. She's slightly claustrophobic. She has a sharp distaste for theft.

Hobbies:
-Running
-Archery
-Singing

-Swords
-Broccoli
-Sheep
-Beer
-Dried apple slices

Dislikes
-Rats
-Raw Metal
-Caves (Least favorite)
-Bones

History:
Rita was born in a small city in the once-domain of the Sechs empire before it's disintegration. When she was seven, the city was sacked. Her parents were killed during the chaos of the battle in the city, and she found herself out on the streets. After nearly starving to death, she found herself in one of the street gangs of the impoverished city, and eventually ran into her adoptive brother. Over time, she took care of him and ended up easily falling into the role of an older sister for him.
Over the next three years, she was stuck in the role of a pickpocket and beggar before she finally decided to start searching for odd jobs around town. She was strong for her age, and although meagre, she was able to earn enough for her and Leslie to eat. As she continued to grow, one thing led to another, and she picked up the skills to go out of the city hunting. And from there, she made the leap to mercenary work, although she refused to have anything to do with the wars, much preferring jobs to capture or slay nearby monsters.
Eventually, when she was sixteen and Leslie was twelve, she realized he had a talent for scholarship and started sending him to school using job proceeds. Unfortunately, due to the costs of the scholarly lifestyle, she was forced to take jobs further and further from home.
A few weeks before the shipwreck, Leslie finally finished his studies, and the pair decided to take a trip, both as a celebration for his graduation, and in search of a better place to settle down and build a more permanent life. Unfortunately, the ship they took was wrecked, and they found themselves among the castaways on the island. In the month since, Rita has helped guard the group from wild animals and monsters, and has generally helped with any labor needed to resettle the city.

Relationships:
Petrus Lapin
"It's kind of cute how much energy he has. Kind of makes me sad Leslie was never like that."

Jian Hua

Aiguo

Iris
"She's practically a bundle of energy. Lots of fun to initiate a chase with, though."

Teva Yaruk

Leslie Neith

Extra:

Personality:
Leslie is generally rather skittish. He's prone to becoming tongue-tied if he becomes embarrassed or is startled, and is quite easily embarrassed. He has a complex about appearance, and dislikes any suggestion that he's in any way girly. So much so that he often tries to make himself seem more manly, often to his own embarrassment.

He loves to help out where he can, although he's not very physically strong. He's also quite gullible, and rarely distrusts the words of others. Unlike his sister, he's quite happy to be open with others, and any information about their past is likely to have come from him rather than Rita. He's quite bad a lying, to the point that almost anyone could catch on when he tries to tell a lie.

Hobbies:
-Reading
-Cooking
-Singing

-Meat
-Old buildings
-Paintings
-Spices

Dislikes
-Rats
-Fire
-Blood
-Being tricked

History:
Leslie was born in a small city in the once-domain of the Sechs empire before it's disintegration. When he was three, the city was sacked. his parents were killed during the chaos of the battle in the city, and he found herself out on the streets. Due to his young age, he was taken in by one of the local street gangs as a distraction for their pickpockets. He ended up being paired up with his adoptive sister, and as time went on, he began to view her as a big sister more than anything else.

Over time, Rita's physical abilities brought the pair in off the street, and due to his lack of strength or marketable abilities, Leslie made an effort to learn as much as he could to help his sister. He proved to have an amazing memory, and Rita eventually took notice, finding a school that accepted commoners to send him to. Over the next four years, Leslie learned a lot, studying mainly history and monsters. Although he was sad that he was separated from Rita so often all of the sudden, Leslie poured himself into his studies.

Eventually, he graduated, and he and Rita went on a trip abroad. She claimed it was to find somewhere better to live, but he knew it was also partly meant to be a celebratory trip for his graduation. Unfortunately, the ship they took was wrecked, and they found themselves among the castaways on the island. In the month since, Leslie has helped to catalogue the city, as well as helped to identify some of the local monsters and what sorts of taming methods exist for each.

Relationships:
Petrus Lapin

Jian Hua
"She's kinda fun! Her and Rita are kinda similar. I just wish she'd stop being so aloof."

Aiguo

Iris
"She's mean. She always tricks me, and she keeps trying to chase me down for some reason!"

Teva Yaruk
"Who?"

Rita Neith

Extra:
TBD
Love them both. Too bad for Rita she and Jian Hua are likely to be adventuring together a lot

Personality:

Hobbies:
-Running
-Archery
-Singing

-Swords
-Broccoli
-Sheep
-Beer
-Dried apple slices

Dislikes
-Rats
-Raw Metal
-Caves (Least favorite)
-Bones

History:

Relationships:
Petrus Lapin

Jian Hua

Aiguo

Iris

Teva Yaruk

Leslie Neith

Extra:

Personality:

Hobbies:
-Reading
-Cooking
-Singing

-Meat
-Old buildings
-Paintings
-Spices

Dislikes
-Rats
-Fire
-Blood
-Being tricked

History:

Relationships:
Petrus Lapin

Jian Hua

Aiguo

Iris

Teva Yaruk
"Who?"

Rita Neith

Extra:
TBD
Major OOF at Leslie not knowing Teva when he'd be very likely to pass by her tent numerous times when going into the forest!

Almost done, just gotta fill their History

feh-faye.jpg

Name: Brea Delvaux

Personality:
Brea is a sweetheart, gentle and kind and friendly to nearly anyone around her. She's always happy and smiling. She has taken up the mantel as the little mother of the group. She likes to take care of everyone if she can and makes sure they all have a full belly, even going so far as to learn what they like or don't like.

Brea shares a little of her brother's stubborn nature and often gets into arguments with him when he does something she doesn't approve of. Brea also has a tendency to be curious, especially when it comes to nature. She loves the woods and will often use foraging as an excuse to go exploring.

Having grown up in a mining town, Brea is especually terrified of the dark underground. She often has nightmares about being trapped in deep dark caverns with no way out.

Hobbies:
Gardening
Cooking
Baking

The woods
Flowers
Loves ~ Gardening

Dislikes:
Hates ~ The dark
Being alone
Rudeness
When her brother gets overprotective
Mining

History:
Brea was born in a mining town. She never knew her mother as she had died of a fever when she was only six. Being made to grow up a little faster than a girl her age should have, Brea took over the cooking and cleaning while her father and her brother went off to work in the mines. Despite, their hard beginning to life, Finn always went out of his way to keep Brea smiling and happy. Even to the point of bringing home the rare wild flower he'd found growing on the hillside. Brea would replant the flower in the garden she had been desperately to cultivate, but it never lasted long as the land around the mines had long been dead, leaving the ground cold and hard.

Then one day, Finn had come home earlier than usual and in a hurry began gathering up their things. Through some nagging as to what was going on, Brea learned the father had perished in a mine collapse along with some other men. Finn had decided that they would no longer live in mining, but instead somewhere new and green. Where she could finally grow the garden she had always wanted.

Boarding a ship with Finn, the pair started out for their new life. The sea, it seemed, had other plans. They were blown of course and the ship lost in some rough waters, landing them on a beach she had never seen before. Despite their situation, Brea had been thrilled by the green earth that they now found themselves in. With Finn's help, Brea raised a tavern and sought out to help the others that had landed on this shore with them.

Relationships:
Finn Delvaux - "He can be a grumpy puss sometimes, but he has a good heart and means well. I love him dearly."
Petrus Lapin - "He's so cute and so sweet. I make sure to always have carrot cake on hand just for him."
Aiguo - "He's really nice and really handsome *blushes*."
Rita Neith - "She's... odd. I try to be nice to her. I just wish she'd smile more, then she'd be oh so pretty."
Rest of the group - "To be determined."

Extra:
Ep9fzqBXIAEO60p.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Reanimator Buns