Runaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another wall in the back of the shop moved back just like in Karmin's room. A flood of knights came out. Karmin scurried over to Ana with some clothes and hid in the fitting room. "When they clear out of the shop, Ditch through the hidden entrance. Hurry and change!"
cha_tear03b.jpg

She was peacefully looking at clothes and spotted what would be the perfect dress, only it was red.
Gothic-Wedding-Dress-For-British-5-150x150.jpg

Ana was suddenly in panic mode, but acted quickly and as she was told. Quickly Ana changed, completely used to changing in front of other people by this point, and doing it in under thirty seconds. As soon as she heard the knights were cleared out. She paused a second just to make sure. She then sneaked out of the hidden entrance just as she was told to. She looked down at what she had put on and fell in love. She was just looking at a similar dress only this one was purple! She couldn't be happier. "what was that about?" she whispered to Karmin

Karmin gripped her staff. She saw a man in a jailor outfit with the knights. "Bounty Hunters. You sure do have a lot of fans Ana. You even managed to track a rat into Underground." Karmin pulled Ana outside into the woods. "There is a town north of here. We can hide out there."

Ana gave a smirk. "Oh I had no idea I was so famous." They hurried off through the woods on their way to the town in the North. On the way Ana was silent, thinking to herself this is what I get for having rich cousins that are complete spoiled brats. She sighed, but had her guard up. She carefully listened to the trees and knew that they were safe, at least for now. "How far is the town?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Karmin was silent. She just kept running, set on not getting caught. "Hurry it up back there!"

Though she got plenty of exercise in prison, physical activities weren't her best suit. Once she picked up the pace she was neck and neck with Karmin. Which was surprising.

Of course Karmin had to be competitive. She kicked her speed up a notch. She was flying faster than anything around her. She got so far ahead of Ana she lost sight of her. "Crap. If she just continues north she should be fine." Karmin sat in a nearby tree waiting for Ana.

Karmin was soon out of her sight. With a little focus and a few whispers to the wind Ana's feet lifted a little bit off of the ground and she used the gusts of wind to quickly hover through the trees until she found Karmin. Which there was no doubt Ana would have gotten lost if it wasn't for her being able to hear the forest. She lowered herself back onto the ground and stopped right in front of Karmin. She looked up knowing exactly where the quiet blonde was. She smiled kindly. "Found you"

"That tree listening ability is useful. Thanks you guys." Two little birds tweeted then flew away. "Shall we get going." they entered the town but it was the opposite as Underground. It was so dull and dead. "I see an Inn over there. We can stop by for a night in the morning we will leave for the next city over. I can't stand the dead feeling here."

She felt a little dizzy considering that was the first time she had used her magic in a while. Not that she let onto it. As they walked into the town she felt any of her good mood gone. It's was far too dreary around this place. "Yeah I agree." She looked at the sign for the inn as they walked in. 'The jolly man's inn' What an ironic name. They went up to the front desk and got a room. Once they were in the room Ana sat down on the couch placed against the wall. There was only one bed, so she figured she'd sleep here. "thank you by the way. For everything" She looked to Karmin with sincere bright blue eyes.

"Don't Mention it. Anyways, what did you do to get them on us like this." Karmin was exhausted and pissed Nothing was clearly the bad answer.

Ana sighed figuring she should at least explain why they were on their tails so harshly. She brushed her long brown hair out of her face. "Well, it wasn't necessarily what I did. It was who I did it to." She laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling with her hands behind her head. "My cousin...he's a spoiled rich kid, part of the unheard of Rosemelia family. My Dad's, brother's kid. I beat the crap out of him for being a creep...and got locked up for it."

"Some spoiled brat... Get some rest." Karmin carved a new bow, for she had left her old one in the Underground.

"are you ever going to be able to go back there...to the Underground?" She asked concerned because she felt like all of this was her fault. As she worried over these trivial things she started to drift into sleep from exhaustion. Soon her face looked peaceful and cute as she slipped into unconsciousness.

Answering to the now asleep Ana. "No, Your trees couldn't tell you huh? Maybe because they were burned down with it. I should get some sleep." Karmin picked up her new bow and sat in the corner of the room with it pointed at the door. Already loaded with an arrow. She slowly drifted to sleep.

Her sleep was peaceful, and in the early hours of the morning she heard a noise. She shot awake and looked around to see what was going on. There was a strange man in the room. Ana didn't move and glanced over to see that Karmin was still asleep. Ana focused really hard and locked onto the mystery man's clothes, waiting until he was close to the window, and then his clothing caught fire. She stood up as quickly as she could and rushed over to him pushing him out of the three story window. Hurrying over to Karmin who was waking up due to the crash of the glass window "we have to get out of here, now" She grabbed Karmin's bow and her arm and darted as fast as possible out of the inn. Practically dragging Karmin behind her. They ended up in some ally way far from who ever was in their room. Ana was completely out of breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ana reached the alleyway Karmin woke up fully. "What's going on Ana?" All Karmin could think about was a burning smell. "And is something burning?"

She caught her breath and looked up at Karmin. "there...there was a man in our room, and...." she swallowed nervously. "that smell might be burning flesh." Biting her lip she felt a bit bad for hurting him, but she knew for a fact he was working under her cousin.

"Burning Flesh? Show me. Do you know where it came from?" Karmin stopped before leaving the alley.

Ana fallowed her to the end of the ally. "well I kind of set the guy on fire then kicked him out of the window. And I know it was one of the Rosemelia spies. I saw the family emblem that represents my cousins side of the family."

Status
Not open for further replies.