Runaway Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
((yeah, let's make 'em meet))

Rolinka thought hard about his question. How could be break the curse? The curse was only laid on him so his banishment would stay in place. "Umm... I actually do not know if it can be broken..." he stated, "But I think the only way would be to be welcomed back into my tribe..." Would that work? Yes, it would break the curse. But how would he do it? The tribe never came in the desert, and he would probably never see them again in his life. Roll sighed at the pointlessness of his life - a water mage who wasn't allowed to use water magic.

~

Julina turned around. She was sure she had heard something rustle around in the leaves. Silence. "It's fine, Julina," she reassured herself, "You're just imagining things. Huddli crawled up to the legs and howled, as if something bad had happened. "What is it Huddli?" she asked. The cub howled again and ran up to the bush. He growled at the leaves, for some strange, strange reason. "There's nothing there Huddli, it's fine." The wolf just stared at the bush, growling. Julina sighed and made her way over to the bush. She bent down to look in it and-

~

There was a scream in the distance. "What was that?" Alisha asked, terrified. Agatha turned to her sister and calmly said, "It'll be fine, probably just a traveler." Alisha wasn't convinced. "But what if it's Julina?" Her sister sighed and simply said, "It won't be." That statement ended the conversation as the two continued on their path. Around 20 meters away, a couple of men were sitting on the ground, having an argument about someone not being here. Alisha swore she knew one of the men, like he was someone that she used to know.

"Prince Veat!" Agatha shouted. That's who he was. That's why Alisha recognised him.

"Oh, well, maybe some of them are still here!" Kanei tried to comfort the boy. "Maybe not all, but some."
Crystal then interrupted him again. "What did ya do ta get banished from your tribe Rolinka?"
Kanei was starting to get tired of her sudden and frequent outbursts. Crystal, though, looked anxious and ready to help despite being tired and water deprived. Letting her little mishaps go, he finally agreed with the bold girl.
"Yes, do you mind telling us what happened?" Kanei inquired.

~

Suddenly, there was a scream. He was scared. That couldn't have been Julina, right? Yet, he couldn't doubt that and let it pass. He needed to see for himself if Julina was alright - truly then he would rest.
Luckily, his voice issued disappeared when he woke up today, so he could yell all he wanted now.
"Julina! Where are you? What's wrong?" He screamed out. Then he turned his attention to the bird that was sure taking its time through this pathway.
"Bird! Please, hurry!"
The bird picked up its pace, and soon the two were out of the dangerous part of the woods and back at home. He looked around to see where Julina was.
"Julina!" He called once more, clenching his fist. He realized he had left his spear back there, so he couldn't kill whatever Julina got herself into normally. The best he could do was flee with her.

~

"Huh?" Veat asked, turning around when he heard his name. Sam chuckled and patted Veat's shoulder as he pointed to the two girls that shouted at him.
"Hey! Looks like yer popular with them ladies in this kingdom too!" Sam smiled. Veat pushed off Sam's hand and walked over to the two girls who had called his name. Sam followed closely behind the prince, a pitchfork he had mysteriously picked up (stole) from the nearest house. Veat didn't know the two girls. How did they know him?
As soon as the prince got near he said, "Hello! Do I know you?"
Quite a crafty way to greet someone...

This is what he was afraid of. Of course they would ask why he was banished in the first place! Still, he didn't have to answer, right? "Er... I'd kinda prefer to not talk about that," he said, completely losing his posh, formal language. Would they just ask on the journey? "But if you must know..." he started. He did this earlier as well, though that time he didn't give them chance to say if they had to know. So, this time, Rolinka gave a short pause to let them reply.

~

Staring right at her was an angry looking wolf. It's eyes were as red as fire, it's fur was as white as snow. Whether it was female or male, she didn't know, but she was certain it was the alpha. Perhaps it was Huddli's mother/father? What if they had come to get him? What if it wasn't? Huddli had ran away, so Julina thought that maybe this wasn't a nice wolf. It's teeth were so sharp, they could probably rip through skin in a heartbeat. The princess could hear someone shouting her name, probably Gitko. "Help!" she shouted, as the wolf attempted to pounce on her.

~

"I'm not sure if you know me, but I know you," Agatha explained, "You're the prince who went looking for Princess Julina, right?" She looked over at Alisha. "We're on her way to find her too, we think we know where she might be," Alisha informed the prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.