Runaway Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amybri18

Original poster
In the kingdom a Alicaza, a new ruler is about to come. This new ruler is Princess Julina (me).

"Now, you've got to look your best for the coronation," her grandmother said.

"Can't someone else be queen? Like my little sister?" the princess asked.

"Do you not want to be queen?"

"Maybe I don't."

The stared at each other for several minutes.

"Ha ha! Good joke! Now, which dress do you want to wear?"

Princess Julina wasn't joking. She didn't want to rule - she never had.

The night before the coronation, Julina sneaked out the castle and ran away. Now it's up to Prince Veat to get her back. He was going to propose to the Princess after she became Queen, so he was devastated when she disappeared.

CS's:

Name: Princess Julina
Personality: Julina is a accident-prone tomboy who is forced to "act and dress like a proper lady". She hates make-up, dresses and pink, but is forced to wear it. She often gets angry at her grandmother, who has looked after her ever since her parents died in a fire, because she makes her wear what she doesn't want to. It got to the point where the princesses grandmother just let her wear blue and white instead. Although she isn't your typical girl, Julina is desperate for love. She is really bad for flirting and isn't herself when she is around hot boys.
anime-girl-princess-msyugioh123-33308557-1024-768.jpg

Name: Veat Saga
S.O.: Straight
Blood Type: A+

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140lbs.
Eye color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Distinguishing Marks: A large scar on the side of his left cheek.
Usual Clothing Style: Rugged clothing, usually baggy and tattered clothing, and mostly faded clothing.

Personality: He's very bold, and speaks his mind. He listens to his people, not his royal family. He treats everyone with respect and honor. Veat made it a priority to keep up with his studies, but he payed more attention to science and combat. He likes to draw, as well as singing and playing instruments.

A_Boy_with_a_scarf_by_sweetmoon.jpg

NCP's:

sam vegan
female-farmer-cartoon-19970350-cartoon-farmer.jpg

He's forty nine years old and lives in the slums. He's smart in his own ways when it comes to deduction and finding clues, and he's good at farming, but nothing else sticks out. Sam likes card games as well, and often plays those in his free time. He had a pretty normal life as a farmer, and, well, nothing much else.
Controlled by @The Bus Driver

Name: Huddli
Appearance:
siberianhusky124707_2.jpg

Huddli is a young wolf cub who Julina sound on her journey though [spoili]Redwood Forest[/spoili]. At first, it seemed like he wanted to attack her, but he just wanted to play. He know accompanies her on her travels. The princess doesn't know anything about his past - yet.

Controlled by @amybri18

Name: Gitko
Hobbies: Fishing and Hunting
History: Gitko lived his life in the forest. After hearing that some guy was living in the forest, he thought he could be brave and live in there too. Luckily he survived, but he's changed to an animal rather than a human.
Appearance: Gitko has shoulder length, jet black hair that falls to his broad shoulders. He doesn't have a widow's peak, but he hides his bangs with a headband made out of leaves and twigs. Gitko's hair is straight, but is scattered in all directions due to him never combing it. He has porcelain skin upon looking at his face, but he's got scars all over his body. It's also a little tan, but not so much to differentiate his race from the rest of the people in town. He has emerald eyes that shine neon in the dark. Gitko wears tattered clothing stolen from town, and he looks really dirty. If he actually cleaned up, he might look like part of the gentry.

Name: Diana Alak
Appearance:
376.png

Diana is Princess Julina's grandmother. She has looked after her ever since her parents died in a horrible fire. Obviously, she has been queen before - before Julina's mother and father ruled. Her reign was peaceful and happy. There was no wars, no horrific deaths and everybody lived in harmony.
Controlled by @amybri18

Name: John Drain
Appearance:
1339376217273301015.jpg_mid.jpg

John is the butler over at the palace. He doesn't say much, but we all know just how much he cares for the princess. When the butler and the princess were children, they used to play together. See, John's father used to work in the palace, so sometimes he brought his son to work. There, John and Julina could play as much as they want to.
Controlled by @amybri18

2qn77ts.jpg

Name: Kanei Saidu

Veat wasn't the only prince looking for Julina. Kanei had heard about her sudden disappearance. He'd not seen the princess, nor had he come to know the princess in his life. However, the boy had just became prince after his older brother suddenly became ill and died. The people were in a state of panic, so he had to show everyone what a good prince he was.
Kanei had come from Dorrotoria, (idk, say it as if you're spanish or something) nine hundred fifty miles from Acris. It is a newly built kingdom, thus meaning it took care of the royal family, not it's citizens. The land would prosper if they started out small, so they would exclude as many as need be for the benefit of the kingdom.
(story time.)
Queen Gibrilla and King Sheku first had one child named Johsem Saidu. They had planned to give him everything he wanted, disregarding how the kingdom's future would look. Johsem was indeed greedy and arrogant, not to mention annoying and envious. Johsem was at least caring enough to take care of his unexpected baby sister Arajan and baby brother Kanei.
Arajan was just like Johsem, selfish, arrogant, and annoying, yet she never spoke of being a ruler some day. Kanei was humble and caring. Although he distanced himself from other people, he seemed like the perfect angel. Johsem didn't like that.
Arajan spoke of discarding her title as princess and wanting to live a normal life. Queen Gibrilla and King Sheku respected that and let her go on her own way. Johsem saw that Kanei was never going to be prince or king since Kanei was younger.
"He shall be my servant, my slave!" Johsem declared, and it was so.
Instead of being in the safe walls of the marble palace, he was stationed in a old, decaying barn smelling of dust and mold.
"But, brother...!" Kanei detested, but Johsem smirked and turned away. Johsem wouldn't listen to Kanei, even for one bit.

Many years passed since that day. Kanei learned to think of this old barn as his home, his older siblings and parents as masters, and became obedient most of the time. The other slaved Kanei worked with left him alone and didn't really tease him, since they could relate to the pain of being sold out.
Three days prior to his brother's sudden illness, a death toll rose in one of the provinces. When soldiers traveled there to catch the bandit, they only saw sickness and fled. A day later, a small cluster of the soldiers got sick... and finally Johsem. Johsem had visited one of the infected soldiers.

Kanei thought it was airborne, but that would make everyone ill. Maybe it was through contact. Water, food...

Despite all Johsem did, Kanei wanted to save his brother. In the end, Johsem died and left a little bit of trauma for Kanei. Kanei would never get near anyone sick, nor would he drink any water until he boiled it down, and he'd cook his own food.

Well, at least after Johsem died, nobody else got sick.

...Why? Why did it have to be my brother to end it all?

(( Kanei: the story of my lii-ife, the story of my li-ife... yeh. ))

Name: Danial Henson (AKA Dan the Palace Guard)
Appearance:
Anime_knight-1.jpg

Dan has been a palace guard pretty much his entire life. His father was a guard, and he often took his son to work with him. As soon as he turned of age, Dan because a palace guard. Unfortunately, his father passed away a couple of weeks after he got the job. Dan has a bubbly and positive personality and because of this most of royal family treat him as a friend.
Controlled by @amybri18

Name: Alisha Gord
Appearance:
CF3OZyMW8AA2olM.jpg

Alisha is the twin sister of Agatha and a loyal maid to the palace. Unlike her sister, she is bubbly and over-enthusiastic. She is extremely social and talkative. She is kind and would do anything for her sister.
Controlled by @amybri18

Name: Agatha Gord
Appearance:
CF3OZyNXIAIuGZL.jpg

Agatha is the twin sister of Alisha and a loyal maid to the palace. Unlike her sister, she is quiet and unenthusiastic. She is socially-awkward and extremely shy. She is kind and would do anything for her sister.
Controlled by @amybri18

peasant_girl_by_vanilla_fireflies-d5q3wkk.jpg

this is Crystal Kalina (wow normal name for once driver, GOOD JOB)
She's the daughter of the stable owner n stuff
She's bold and daring. About All I can say about her cus
that's what she is.

25f5d25ffcf2f24f453185c964f2d97a.jpg

Name: Rolinka Droget
Rolinka (Roll for short) has lived in the desert since he was 16. He was born in a tribe of water mages, but he betrayed them. You see, long ago, there was a drought. Everybody needed water, and the water mages were the only people who could help. Roll, however, refused to help, and was then abandoned from the tribe. He was banned from using water magic, so they sent him to a desert where there was known. A desert mage lead a curse on him that never allowed him to leave the desert, so he was stuck there until death.
Controlled by @amybri18

NCP CS:

Name:
Appearance:

If you are making an NCP for that post, please put their CS at the top of the post.

@The Bus Driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 【NO NAME】
Veat rushed inside the palace, slamming every door open he came into contact with.

"Sir?" Rose asked, watching the young prince pace back and forth nervously. "What are you doing?"

"Bring me a map. You shouldn't have to deal with my worries, Rose." Veat responded, a rare expression crossing his face. He was angry for some reason, serious.

Rose did as she was told. Veat had never once yelled at her, and he certainly wouldn't want her to witness the other side of him. Veat actually liked Rose, since she was there for him in the worst times, but as he's grown, he never really interacted with her as much. He'd noticed, though, one of his newbie servants was taking a liking into her. Veat already had a love, Princess Julina.
Ah, how her golden hair flowed. If he could draw in the sunlight and spin it into strands, his masterpiece wouldn't look as good as her god given hair. How her face was molded by the god's careful hands, and how her soft skin shined like polished marble. Veat just couldn't get enough of her! When he'd heard such a beauty decided to run away from home, it was if he was covered in a blanket of melancholy.

He set the map upon a large wooden desk. Veat mapped out where her castle was and scanned the area. Unfortunately, he didn't know his future wife's tastes. He sighed, slapped his forehead and called himself dumb somewhere about twenty times! Then, he thanked Rose for obey his orders, and went to his room to pack for his journey. Instead of bringing fancy higher class clothes that basically screamed he was a prince, he brought tattered clothing as well as some clothing that was in shape hat was fashionable to commoners. He also packed a number of bows and took another bag full of arrows.

As he was about to leave, his mother came to pursuade him not to go, and as always, he had a sour attitude and went anyways. Then he put on a black cloak and slid out into the night.

~Two days later.~

About two miles from Princess Julina's monarchy, his legs gave out, and there he, sitting on the road. His normally smooth face was now dirtied by mud from tripping over roots. Speaking of which, his leg was scraped about three miles back, speaking out about his determination to find Julina. Right now, stamina failed to replenish, and he fell back onto the hard Earth. After all, he didn't sleep one bit through the two days. Of course he's tired!

((please make a CS for Rose if she is going to be in a post again :))

Julina sighed. She had been running for 2 days now, and was still on the outskirts of the kingdom. She was heading for [spoili]the lake on the other side of the forest[/spoili], because she knew someone who lived there. Hopefully, this man would help her on her journey to [spoili]Mystic Mountain[/spoili].

She finally reached the woods. Panting heavily, Julina sat down on a nearby mushroom (one of them big red ones that you find in fantasy worlds).

"Oh, why Julina?" she asked herself out load, "Why did you run away from home when you have no idea of how to survive in the outside world?"

Usually, people would feel strange talking about themselves in 3rd person, but the young princess was used to it. At the age of four, Julina would sit in her room and tell the story of her life to her teddies, but as if she was talking about someone completely different. Come to think of it, she spent more time with her teddies than she did with her family.

Sighing deeply, the runaway princess stood up and continued on her path though [spoili]Redwood Forest[/spoili].

(( le told you in le convo that le minors will be a certain color and le majors will have le certain color + cs
le lelelele. ))

As soon as he got to Julina's country, it seemed as if everyone was in a panic. Merchants were saying they'd go out of business in this country without a queen. Citizens said that nobody will come to the country anymore because the ruler abandoned them. The poor... well, the lust lived their daily lives - farming, singing, basically their regular routines. At least it seemed that the poor here were being treated with more respect than back in Veat's country. That's something Veat will change in his land when he gets back. For now, he must focus on clues to finding the princess.

((blue is hard to see on black. leaving text alone. ))

"Did you happen to see anyone with hair as golden as the s-- I mean... long haired blonde women?" Veat asked a merchant.
"Of course not!" he replied. "Are you some womanizer? Get away from here before you make me loose even more sales!"
If the merchant knew who he was talking to, he wouldn't have said that to a prince, or at least that's what Veat thought.

"Excuse me ma'am, have you seen a long haired blonde woman?" Veat asked one of the gentry that was roaming around.
"There's a lot way down there," she pointed towards the slums where the poor lived. "And then there's me! If you just cleaned off the dirt and..." She reached up to wipe off Veat's intentional dirt from his face with a handkerchief, but Veat quickly shrunk back. He's risking his identity!
"S-Sorry ma'am, I'll be going now." Veat replied, rushing his words. He shoved his hood down in front of his face and rushed along. Was Julina trying to mix in with the population -- where nobody would look?

"Sir, did you see anyone with blonde hair?" Veat asked, thoroughly exhausted with every step he took.
The man stopped to think for a moment. Then he replied. "Come inside, then we'll talk."
Veat did as the man said, although, he wondered what this man had in store for him.

"My name's Sam Vegan, I've been a farmer for about... well... my whole life. Most of these here people have the characteristics you're describin', and I know for sure that that's not all you've got waitin' to say," He took a breath, paused, and then stared at Veat for a second. "And I know for sure you've come looking for someone special."
Veat felt as if Sam had saw through his disguise, his identity, his soul! Still, even if he'd felt that way, there was no telling what the man thought. After all, nobody could read minds, even if his mom seemed like she could. "What are you saying, Sam?" Veat inquired, trying to create a lie. "Mum said I should find a wife soon. There's a girl I've played with all my life, and I want to confess to her, but I can't seem to find her."
The farmer just sighed and leaned on his arm. "This ol' farmer can just tell by your accent that you'ra not from around here. You got that ol' rich folk talk goin' on. C'mon, tell me who you are, boy, and why you're here."
Veat cringed. He hated being called a boy. He was a grown man. To him, that word was like an insult, almost as if Sam was calling Veat someone lower that an ant, someone who could be squashed by an ant even! Veat still kept his cool. "Who do ya suppose I am?"
Sam thought for a moment. Then smirked. "I seen your bright blue eyes under that hood, and that blonde hair. If ya styled it, and even cleaned yourself up, you wouldn't look like someone from this land even, lad. I suppose you're parta the royal family? I'm right on da target, aren't I?"
Veat shook his head. He pulled down his hood and sighed. "No, no. I'm the Prince from (buslandia) Acris. You know, the country that borders this one?" The farmer dropped his jaw, almost as if it would touch the floor.
"Acris, you say? You da prince?! What would you be do-- Ahaha! Lookin' for da princess?" Veat nodded, and the farmer continued. "Ah, since ya need some help there, lad, I'll accompany you. I got some guns, some daggers, some sword som--"
"I have my bow, I'm confident in it."
"You don't say?"
"Can we find some place to look for her, now?"
Sam squinted at Veat. He turned and spat in an aluminum can, then turned to his internal map of the slums. "I'd say the forests around here. Ya past some already on yer way, right? Those forests are nice, but they be thick and dangerous. Only one man ever survived his journey, but now he lives there."
"Do you think Julina went in there?"
"Where else would she go?"
Veat was silent for a minute, then smiled and nodded. "Lets go find us some man!"

NCP:

Name: Huddli
Appearance:
siberianhusky124707_2.jpg

Huddli is a young wolf cub who Julina sound on her journey though [spoili]Redwood Forest[/spoili]. At first, it seemed like he wanted to attack her, but he just wanted to play. He know accompanies her on her travels. The princess doesn't know anything about his past - yet.

As soon as she entered the forest, a cub (baby wolf) jumped out. His teeth were sharp and deadly, and his claws looked like they could rip though even the toughest of things. The young wolf couldn't possibly attack her, could he? I mean, he looked so cute, yet so vicious.

The cub pounced - no, jumped - no, pounced. The princess didn't know what he was doing.
Is he attacking me? she asked herself, Or is he trying to play?
The little animal sunk his claws into Princess Julina's blue dress. She gasped and tried to get the dress of him. He grinned, then jumped back down. Like a playful dog, he chased his tail happily.
"Umm... are you playing?" Julina asked.
The cub sat down and looked up. At least he wasn't attacking her!

Julina looked down at her dress. Her eyes widened in anger and annoyance. When the wolf sunk his claws into the dress, he ripped it! The runaway princess looked at the cub, furious. Not because he damaged the dress. It was because now she had to find something else to wear.
I knew I should have packed...

Princess Julina sighed and walked past the cub. He followed her. After a while, Julina decided that the cub could come with her. Who knows? He might protect her.
"Hmm... I'm gonna call you Huddli."
Huddli woofed in happiness.

(( to be honest, my brain farted and i looked at some trees in my backyard and said: hay, a forest mang. also it said "woods" in your post so... last post anyways
but you gotta give veat da beat and Sam I am some clues. or else they're end up at the foot of my tv questioning what the heck it is
or a map
that way i can actually call these places something other than buslandia))

"Are we almost there yet?" Veat complained.
Sam sighed as he creeped more towards the forest, then turned back. "Are you really that eager to kill yourself in that forest?"
Veat turned away and clutched his bow. "I'm confident in my skills."
Sam nodded before turning back. With his sharpened pitchfork in his hand, he marched on proudly. He looked as if he wanted to be out here, to hunt, to kill. Maybe he was searching for something. Something... someone. Definitely not Julina, right?
Sam led Veat to a large rock. "This here," Sam paused to put a piece of hay in his mouth. "Is where I was born."
Veat looked at the aged rock with many carvings and streaks plastered on it. "Really? What, was your dad some caveman?"
Sam looked down, looked like he didn't know what to say. "Er... no. Father was a native of this land... Mom was from -- you know what? I was joking anyways. I was actually born in some shack by my house."
"Stop lying."
"Okay."
Veat was a little interested in the rock though. He'd never seen anything like it at Acris. This must've been some sort of ritual, right?

"So where are we going?" Veat asked.
"Going to find that man I talked about before." Sam replied, dodging all of the branches.
"Do you actually know if he's in here?"
"Nope!"
Veat was speechless for a minute, but that was because his face was red with anger. He tried to calm himself down. "I need my horse. I should've brought that! I didn't need to injure my leg tnen! How am I this dumb?!"

((ok, seen as your here already, the forest is called Redwood Forest))

She sighed as she continued on her path, Huddli following closely behind. The young wolf ran out in front of her. They were approaching some sort of cliff. Even though she knew it was the wrong way, Julina walked towards the cliff out of curiosity.
That's... strange... she thought, Last time I was here there was no cliff...

When the princess was only 5 years old, she ran away from home. The main reason for doing this is that her parents had died in a fire, so she was devastated and couldn't take the pain. Not knowing Redwood Forest was one of the most dangerous places in the country, Julina entered the forest and ran to the lake. There, she meet a mage (magic user) who lived in a tiny shack on the other side of the lake. The man's name was Finnly, and he looked after Princess Julina for around 2 weeks. Obviously, Finn took her back to the kingdom after that period of time.

She sighed after the short flashback was over. She had to find Finn. Not just because she was on the run, but also because she needed to thank him. If he had never took her in when she was 5, the poor princess would have been dead.

Huddli growled.
"What's the matter?" Julina asked as she turned around to face her cub.
Standing in the pathway was a bear.
"Oh... my... god..."

((( I'm gonna make an npc that follows you but I still won't look at the spoilers. )
Name: ?? (find out if you ask. lul )
Hobbies: Fishing and Hunting
History: ?? lived his life in the forest. After hearing that some guy was living in the forest, he thought he could be brave and live in there too. Luckily he survived, but he's changed to an animal rather than a human.
-ima just describe him until i find a picture-
Appearance: ?? has shoulder length, jet black hair that falls to his broad shoulders. He doesn't have a widow's peak, but he hides his bangs with a headband made out of leaves and twigs. ??'s hair is straight, but is scattered in all directions due to him never combing it. He has porcelain skin upon looking at his face, but he's got scars all over his body. It's also a little tan, but not so much to differentiate his race from the rest of the people in town. He has emerald eyes that shine neon in the dark. ?? wears tattered clothing stolen from town, and he looks really dirty. If he actually cleaned up, he might look like part of the gentry.
-due to living in the forest for a long time, he doesn't know anyone in the town, not even the queen/princesses-)))

Suddenly, a wild boy came charging up the hill, screaming loudly and fiercely. In his hand was a carefully crafted spear with a brown arrowhead. He snarled at the bear as he jumped high in the air, and stuck the spear into the bear's back. Blood spewed all over his hands, but the boy was smiling. It would probably be his clothing or food, depending on what he's doing tonight.
"Haha!" The boy laughed proudly. ?? had an accent that was foreign to anyone's ears. "I finally killed that bear!"
When he turned to take his claim, he saw someone he'd never seen before. Her perfectly golden hair fell perfectly. Her blue dress emphasized that beautiful head of hair. He gasped in delight, but then his face became serious. He stepped back and pointed his spear at her. "Who are you?"

~

Veat realized that Sam probably lost his way in the forest. Sam was groaning, scratching his head frequently, he often looked around at pathways and had a puzzled look on his face.
Sam finally stopped when they came to a large tree that was taller than the ones beside it. It was blooming with bright green leaves, soft to the touch.
"Why have we come here?" Veat asked, struggling to look up at the tree. The sun peaked out between the cracks of the tree's branches. It was very bright, and Veat's eyes couldn't stand it.
"Well, I was for sure lost, boy," Sam replied. "But I do remember this tree."
"... Yeah. Hey Sam?"
"What?"
"Can we rest? My feet are dying."
"Sure. I'm gettin' a little bored anyways."
"Care for a story?"
"Sure."
Veat exhaled and sat down on the ground.

He told the story of how Acris came to be. It was thought that three gods -- Addai, Cocranos, and Rotka. Addai created the lands and sky above, Cocranos created the animals, and Rokta created the humans. Each of them took turns giving their creations gifts. Addai gave the lands and sky beauty and wonder. Cocranos gave the animals self defense. Rokta gave the humans speech, strength, agilty, diverse appearances, and fire. Fire was considered the sacred element of heaven, and the two gods did not like Rokta's gifts to the humans. Now the humans were destroying their creations while Rokta's invention prospered. Rokta was soon banished from the heavens. With nothing else to do, he guided his followers to a new nation - Acris. Not everyone followed, and made their own ways among life.

Of course Veat didn't believe that nonsense, but he thought it was an interesting story to tell.

"We'd better get moving." Sam reminded Veat before he told another story.

((me make palace people...

Name: Diana Alak
Appearance:
376.png

Diana is Princess Julina's grandmother. She has looked after her ever since her parents died in a horrible fire. Obviously, she has been queen before - before Julina's mother and father ruled. Her reign was peaceful and happy. There was no wars, no horrific deaths and everybody lived in harmony.

Name: John Drain
Appearance:
1339376217273301015.jpg_mid.jpg

John is the butler over at the palace. He doesn't say much, but we all know just how much he cares for the princess. When the butler and the princess were children, they used to play together. See, John's father used to work in the palace, so sometimes he brought his son to work. There, John and Julina could play as much as they want to.

See?))

A boy dressed in dirty rags came running up the hill, holding a stick with some sort of stone at the end. He was screaming extremely loud and sounded fierce. Not wanting to get hit by the pointy thing, Julina jumped out the way and watched his brutally murder the bear. Blood dripped from the bears body as the boy stuck his sharp stick-like thing in its back.
"Haha!" he laughed, "I finally killed that bear!"
The princess stared at him in both horror and confusion. He had just killed an innocent creature of the forest. Sure, it was going to kill her, but did he have to do the job so harshly?

The boy turned around and gasped in delight. Then, his face grew serious. Stepping back, he pointed his stick at her.
"Who are you?" he asked.
"Umm... P-p-p-princess J-j-j-julin-n-na," she stuttered.
"Princess Julina... Wait, a princess?"
"Y-y-yes..."
Because she was slightly scared of the boy, whoever he was, she stuttered and mumbled. What will happen now? That is up for @The Bus Driver to decide...

Meanwhile, at the palace...
"Oh, I just don't know what to do..." Julina's grandmother, Diana, said as she paced up and down the hall.
"I'm sure it will be fine, ma'am," John the butler comforted her.
"No, it isn't fine!" Diana disagreed, "Julina has no hope out there!"
Julina hadn't been able to look after herself, like, since forever. Diana didn't think that she could survive a day alone in a forest, or a desert, or on a mountain.

(( ye, and it is up to me what ?? says too. >_>))
?? had expected her to say that she was just wandering around, that she was only looking for food for her poor family, or that it was to cut down some logs to donate to some needy people. Yet, he was taken by surprise when she said she was a princess.
"Princess Julina... Wait, a princess?!"
?? had not learned many words after he ran into the words, but this was one of the very few he actually knew. He lowered his spear, stuck it in the ground, and stepped back a couple of paces. ?? bowed slightly, since he didn't know what to do in the face of royalty. As he went to stand straight, he smiled and spoke in a little softer voice. "Sorry for scaring you like that, ma'am," he cleared his throat, generating things to say. Maybe his name? "My, uh..., name's Gitko. May I ask what you're doing out here?"

~

The two had been walking when they saw two bear cubs wandering around. Sam was confused to why they were without a mother. He ran towards them, knelt down, and pet one. "Why are they here?" he asked.

Veat shook his head. "Why are you with them? Wont they eat you?"
"No. They're just babies! They are harmless. C'mon, pet 'em."
"No!"
"Suit yourself." Sam picked the two cubs up and walked to a nearby cave. "Now, stay in here and keep yourself save now!"

Then, the two were on their way.

( gitko seems like the protagonist more than veat. lul )))

When the boy realized just what Julina was, he stepped back and bowed.
"Sorry for scaring you like that, ma'am. My, uh..., name's Gitko. May I ask what you're doing out here?" he said in a soft voice.
Huddli watched the boy, Gitko, in confusion. The young wolf tilted his head and looked up at the princess. He slowly crawled next to Gitko and bowed as well. Julina let out a small giggle, but soon got back to being serious.
"Umm... well... it's a long story..."

Wait, what did actually happen? Julina asked herself.
She had been so distracted by all these, er, interesting things happening in Redwood Forest. Well, they were interesting for Julina, anyways. As she waited for the boy to reply, she recapped all that had happened.

So, I think it all started in my room when my grandmother came in. She looked devastated - her face was sad, she was looking down, and I swear there was a tear in her eye. At the time, I was only just five.
She looked me in the eye and said, "I'm sorry..."
Being only young, I didn't understand what she was sorry for.
"Why are you sorry?" I blurted out, unaware of the situation.

Gitko replied before Julina could finish recapping. He said...

(( guessing since der is no quotation marks, he story was in her head 'n stuff as of now. ))

"Princess Julina?" Gitko interrupted unknowingly, bending down to pet the young wolf. "Surely it can't be that long. I left that place..." he stood up and pointed towards Julina's kingdom. "Because I heard there was a man brave enough to come in here. I wanted to be brave like him, but I couldn't find him and I still cant."

Gitko's eyes saddened slightly when he looked at the puddle of blood that came from the deceased bear. "You see, I've changed since back then," he said, almost as if he were talking to himself. "The me back then couldn't stand to have killed even a fly. I don't even know how I got over my fear." He walked over and knelt down by the bears head, softly stroking it's head. Quite unbelievable for someone who's going to eat it soon. Or not.

Gitko stood up quickly, looking at the princess with saddened eyes. "Princess, surely your reasons could have been more severe than mine! You..." he thought for a minute, realizing what her title meant. "... you left your people for some important reasons, am I right?"

If only he knew the real reason, he wouldn't be saying this at all. No, he wouldn't even mention why he was here in the first place.

~

Veat and Sam stopped to put up the two tents Sam had brought with him. Veat wasn't very handy with the tools since he'd never gone camping before. Sam slowly went step by step with Veat. Veat thought that maybe if Sam went slow enough, it would painfully edge into his brain and he won't forget how to make a tent if he ever got lost somewhere and needed shelter.
"Like this?" Veat asked as he slammed the hammer down, missing the nail and bashing the Earth. He didn't mean to do that. "Ooops."
"Y'know, Mother Nature's gon get you for crushin' her creations." Sam snickered.
"Really?" Veat was quite gullible.
"Yeah!" Sam replied, sounding as scared as he could be. He looked around and kept his arms close to his chest. Sam made sure that Veat was scared to make him do his work correctly.

"You know what Mother Nature does when you take innocent cubs safely back to their home?"
"No..."
"She rewards you with sun, herbs, a beautiful crop season, an explosion of colorful and harmless flowers, and even makes you wealthy. However..."
"What happens if you crush her creations? Accidentally?"
"Don't matter if it's accidental, boy. She's gonna spread some disease tat only you'll get, she's going to give ya droughts 'n no food for the seasons. She'll take yer profits and fill your lawn with poisonous plants that will leave you in bed for days, weeks, months, years on end!"
"S-Sam... stop..."
"Next... " Sam crept up on Veat. "She'll...."
"What?"
"TAKE YOU TO THE DEAD!" Sam screamed into Veat's ear.
Veat jumped up and screamed so loud that even ravens thirty miles away could hear it.

~

"What was that?" Gitko asked, looking around. "I thought I heard someone scream... Oh well."

"Princess Julina? Surely it can't be that long."
He got it completely wrong. The story was incredibly long. There was so much to include, and there was so many different reasons. Gitko explained by he left, so Julina thought she may as well try.

"I-I left the palace because..." she started.
She had only just realized what the boy had said.
"Wait- you came here because a man was brave enough," Julina recapped, "But you couldn't find him?"
She took a deep breath. What if that man was Finn? The princess took a step closer.
"I know where he is..."

~

Diana sat down at the table alone. Pretty much everyone (except the kitchen people, the maids and John the butler) had gone looking for the princess. She sighed deeply as John entered the room with her diner.
"I just don't know what got into her," Diana said as John placed her diner on the table and sat down, "I mean, I know she didn't want to be queen, but did she have to run away?"
She grabbed her cutlery and ate a piece of chicken.
"It's all my fault..." she mumbled.

(( My cat is so weird.
anyways new NPC. This time... a new prince from like
three kingdoms away from Acris
New NPC's land > some place > some place > some place > Acris > Julina's place.
2qn77ts.jpg

Name: Kanei Saidu

Veat wasn't the only prince looking for Julina. Kanei had heard about her sudden disappearance. He'd not seen the princess, nor had he come to know the princess in his life. However, the boy had just became prince after his older brother suddenly became ill and died. The people were in a state of panic, so he had to show everyone what a good prince he was.
[spoili]
Kanei had come from Dorrotoria, (idk, say it as if you're spanish or something) nine hundred fifty miles from Acris. It is a newly built kingdom, thus meaning it took care of the royal family, not it's citizens. The land would prosper if they started out small, so they would exclude as many as need be for the benefit of the kingdom.
(story time.)
Queen Gibrilla and King Sheku first had one child named Johsem Saidu. They had planned to give him everything he wanted, disregarding how the kingdom's future would look. Johsem was indeed greedy and arrogant, not to mention annoying and envious. Johsem was at least caring enough to take care of his unexpected baby sister Arajan and baby brother Kanei.
Arajan was just like Johsem, selfish, arrogant, and annoying, yet she never spoke of being a ruler some day. Kanei was humble and caring. Although he distanced himself from other people, he seemed like the perfect angel. Johsem didn't like that.
Arajan spoke of discarding her title as princess and wanting to live a normal life. Queen Gibrilla and King Sheku respected that and let her go on her own way. Johsem saw that Kanei was never going to be prince or king since Kanei was younger.
"He shall be my servant, my slave!" Johsem declared, and it was so.
Instead of being in the safe walls of the marble palace, he was stationed in a old, decaying barn smelling of dust and mold.
"But, brother...!" Kanei detested, but Johsem smirked and turned away. Johsem wouldn't listen to Kanei, even for one bit.

Many years passed since that day. Kanei learned to think of this old barn as his home, his older siblings and parents as masters, and became obedient most of the time. The other slaved Kanei worked with left him alone and didn't really tease him, since they could relate to the pain of being sold out.
Three days prior to his brother's sudden illness, a death toll rose in one of the provinces. When soldiers traveled there to catch the bandit, they only saw sickness and fled. A day later, a small cluster of the soldiers got sick... and finally Johsem. Johsem had visited one of the infected soldiers.

Kanei thought it was airborne, but that would make everyone ill. Maybe it was through contact. Water, food...

Despite all Johsem did, Kanei wanted to save his brother. In the end, Johsem died and left a little bit of trauma for Kanei. Kanei would never get near anyone sick, nor would he drink any water until he boiled it down, and he'd cook his own food.

Well, at least after Johsem died, nobody else got sick.

...Why? Why did it have to be my brother to end it all?
[/spoili] (( Kanei: the story of my lii-ife, the story of my li-ife... yeh. ))

He thought to meet up with Prince Veat to travel together, but apparently, Veat had left as well unexpectedly, and they didn't know where too. How could they be so clueless?!

Apparently, he's on the hunt for two people now...

The travel to Acris took about thirteen days. Of course Kanei would be tired after that! Acris decided to lend Kanei a horse to help aid his recovery and save his leg's energy. He would need it. He could keep it for his brave journey to save both the princess and Prince Veat.

It took two days for Kanei to reach Julina's kingdom. Kanei kept the horse well fed and cleaned up, almost as if it were his child. He named it My Sister Knows Nothing because, well, he couldn't think of anything. Kanei nicknamed it Shiea so he wouldn't be embarrassed saying its full name. Kanei, however worried much more for the horse rather than himself, and didn't ride it as often going through the woods. He made sure that the horse wasn't injured going through the thick mass of branches in their way. In the end, Kanei's arm had been scraped, a gash on his forearm, and a few tattered areas on his clothing. Kanei was in pain, but not so much he'd give up.

He mounted the horse just before he entered the city. The horse trotted majestically into the kingdom and up to the castle.
"Excuse me!" Kanei called out to the soldiers guarding the palace doors. "I would like to speak with Princess Julina's guardians for the issue regarding her disappearance."
Kanei was very formal indeed. He was just nervous, that's all. His formality didn't agree with the nervous sweat forming on his forehead.

~

"Really?" Gitko asked, perking up. The softness and sadness in his voice had been replaced with joyfulness and... a little bit of squeaking? He clasped his hands together and smiled. Then, he took a look back at reality and calmed down.

"No, a princess like you shouldn't have to take me anywhere. If anything, I should accompany you on your journey elsewhere," he paused, trying to hold in his grief. "Somewhere that doesn't concern my matters."

He sounded awfully... serious for some boy who'd been looking for that man for eight years.
Gitko considered the possibilities when he should meet this man too, and those outcomes weren't positive.

"I don't want to find him with help. If you help me look, you'd only get dragged down!" He looked up at her and crossed his arms. "What if he kicks me out? Shoots me down? Offers to take me in but hurts me? Captures us both? I'm not letting that happen!"

((stopping here cus it took two days to actually think and write this. ))

((the new NCP is at the palace so I may as well make the guard...

Name: Danial Henson (AKA Dan the Palace Guard)
Appearance:
Anime_knight-1.jpg

Dan has been a palace guard pretty much his entire life. His father was a guard, and he often took his son to work with him. As soon as he turned of age, Dan because a palace guard. Unfortunately, his father passed away a couple of weeks after he got the job. Dan has a bubbly and positive personality and because of this most of royal family treat him as a friend.

Yep, done))

Dan looked towards the gates. Some guy was entering the palace grounds. He was on a horse, and looked quite posh and majestic. Naturally, Dan was confused. Nobody had said that they were coming, and the royal family hadn't invited anyone.

"Excuse me! I would like to speak with Princess Julina's guardians for the issue regarding her disappearance," he shouted. His extant was foreign. Obviously, he wasn't from the area. Also, he sounded posh. Must be a prince, Dan thought.

"Umm... Right," Dan said to him, "The princess... Follow me please." He walked though the doors and lead the strange boy up to Diana's bedroom.

~

Julina sighed. Gitko just didn't seem to get it. She looked down at Huddli, who was know sitting next to her. She gave him a look, as if to say should I tell him about my childhood and what I am trying to do? The cub seemed to understand her, because he nodded and looked back at the boy.

"Umm... I'm not sure you quite get it," the princess started, "You see, I'm looking for him to."

(( Sorry, was sick for a few days. Throwin' up, feeling nauseous, headaches... ah... the life.))

Kanei was relieved that the guard let him in without question. This was one of the first times he felt like royalty! Well, even if he was already a prince for a few days.

As they were walking through the huge palace walls, he decided to get to know the guard. It wasn't like they were that close to their destination, right? Speaking of which, the lands here seemed to be so different than his... So intriguing!

"Ah... Sorry for being so formal," Kanei shyly said to the guard. "I'm not used to this prince thing. Johsem, my older brother died recently, so now I have moved up to become prince. I was once a servant for my brother, so I am not used to this way of living," He sighed and hung his head down. "I only want to aid my surrounding countries to befriend them. I'm... a little lonely."

Their conversation ended when they came to a bedroom. It didn't seem as if anyone was in it, except for the maids. (It says Diana is in le kitchen judging from three posts above this one )

~

Gitko was taken by surprise. The princess was looking for this man too? Gitko had given up a few years ago looking for him. Every once and a while it would come back a few times, but he liked spending time in the forest.
Maybe his parents were worried about him, not that Gitko remembers his parents too well anymore. He'd remember them if he'd seen them.

"You... You are?" Gitko inquired, slightly in a little daze. Then, a smile covered his face. "Cool!"

~

Sam and Veat came across flock of ravens. The ravens hadn't noticed the two men yet, so Sam and Veat moved very carefully. Veat weaved through the trees like an expert while Sam was struggling to get past the first tree. The two had climbed the trees, and Veat went back to help Sam over to the second one.

"Grab my hand!" Veat screamed through a whisper. He stretched out his hand as far as he could, but it wasn't enough to grab a hold of Sam's.
Sam stretched out as far as he could, and when he thought he got it, he slid down the tree faster than light -- and with a loud THUMP as well. The ravens turned their heads, screamed, and then the flock of bird were gone. They all scattered in different directions.

~

Gitko was about to scream with happiness, when a couple of ravens landed near his feet. This meant that someone else was in the woods. They must've been hunting for the princess!
"Ah, princess? I think there might be someone else in the woods. A threat. Why don't we go?" Gitko asked, trying to push them along.

((maids, you say? Very well, maids will be joining in...

Name: Alisha Gord
Appearance:
CF3OZyMW8AA2olM.jpg

Alisha is the twin sister of Agatha and a loyal maid to the palace. Unlike her sister, she is bubbly and over-enthusiastic. She is extremely social and talkative. She is kind and would do anything for her sister.

Name: Agatha Gord
Appearance:
CF3OZyNXIAIuGZL.jpg

Agatha is the twin sister of Alisha and a loyal maid to the palace. Unlike her sister, she is quiet and unenthusiastic. She is socially-awkward and extremely shy. She is kind and would do anything for her sister.

And now, back to the story...))

Agatha stopped brushing the floor and looked up. It seemed like two visitors had come. She dropped her brush and walked over to her twin sister Alisha.
"Umm... we have guests..." she whispered to her.
Being quite shy, Agatha didn't like talking to people, and therefor left it to her sister.

Alisha stopped dusting the shelf and looked towards the door.
"Ah, hello Dan!" she said happily, "What brings you here?"
Dan smile. He loved how enthusiastic the maid was about everything.
"Hi Alisha, Agatha," he replied, "This is a prince of a neighboring kingdom."
He pointed to the guest.
"Umm... sorry, I didn't quite catch your name."

~

Julina gasped. She knew someone was looking for her, but had they already found her hiding spot? She deiced that it was best to leave as soon as possible.
"Yes, yes we should go," she told Gitko.

As she started to run, Huddli howled. The princess turned around to see what was the matter, but the cub wasn't there. She turned back to Gitko and gave him a look which seemed to say, You go on, I'll be right back. Julina waited for his response before going back to look for her wolf.

Kanei became a little frozen when he saw two beautiful twin maids slowly make their way to him. He didn't know what to say, how to react, how to look! As he was thinking of possibilities, the three strangers asked for his name. That's right, he never told his name!
Clearing his through, he slammed his right hand on his chest, above his heart, and bent at his waist to bow. Then, he arose and let his arm rest at his side, dangling like a loose rope.
"My name is Kanei Saidu. I come from Dorrotoria, where I have recently become the prince there," he huffed a little. It's a bit... hot in this room. Maybe it was all of the worry emitting from those who stayed behind to take care of the kingdom. After all, when Johsem died, the people were in such panic, such as they are now. "I was informed that a princess had ran away from this kingdom. We get a lot of rumors in our towns, and because we are small, it spreads faster. Yet, this was the talk of our town, and 'twas becoming much of a concern with me as well. I am deeply sorry that I am disturbing you, but could you people provide any information on Julina?"

~

Gitko had watch the young wolf for a few seconds, then saw the birds, happened to hear a howl, and then the canine was gone. Just like that!
He looked around for the wolf, but he could not see it. As he was about to go charge for it, the princess gave him a look he couldn't read. As he remembered some of the past events, he realized she wanted him to go on without her. Gitko shook his head.

"I will accompany you," Gitko replied to her expression, all softness replaced with seriousness (and... basically his voice before he recognized julina.). "For all we know, that might be a monstrous, meat-eating animal. I should protect you and that wolf from it." Gitko shrugged and smiled. "It's the least I can do! Now, lets go!"

(( Sorry for taking so long for a short looking post. -_-
switching computers makes this post look long:
desktop - half a page
laptop - 3.5/5 of a page
netbook - 299998723748 pages ))

The twins looked at one another, before nodding and saying, "Nice to meet you, Prince Kanei," simultaneously. They curtseyed and smiled. This was a prince, after all, and he deserved the best of manners. "Now, as for the Princess..." Agatha started quietly. "She has gone missing from the kingdom," Alisha interrupted, "We sent Prince Veat after her." Agatha gave Alisha The Look, which usually meant It's rude to interrupt. Alisha just shrugged and continued. "As for his whereabouts, we don't know." "But we can take you down to her grandmother." "Follow us."

Dan shrugged as the two maids walked out the door. "They do this alot," he explained. The two lead them down to the hall. Usually, this particular room was bursting with laughter and joy, but with the princesss gone, it was pretty depressing. The table cloth was black and all the banners had come down. The only food on the table was bread and soup - no cake like usual. Diana turned around as she heard the door creak open. "And what might bring you here?" she asked.

~

The two teens went looking for the young wolf cub. Where had he gone? They needed to find Huddli, no matter what. Julina suggested that they split up. Whether or not he agrees, thats up to @The Bus Driver. She went looking in a nearby bush to see if he was there. Nope. The princess sighed.

@The Bus Driver

(It's fine, I don't mind)

Kanei wanted to socialize a little more with the maids and the guard named Dan, but he knew the matter with the princess was truly more important than getting to know another. As he looked around, all he saw was maids with worried looks upon their faces and the feeling of grief. This saddened the young prince, for he too knew what it was like to loose someone - except their someone is still alive, his is not.
Kanei wondered what the princess what thinking now. Did she not take in the consideration of the millions of citizens, her parents, her relatives, any of those who cared about her - their feelings? They're probably suspecting that they wont be able to see their little angel ever in their lifetime, yet they wont give up because they care. Those who are stuck at home are unwillingly asking for other's help because they know they cannot leave their position because of the condition they're in. Those on their death beds, and now because of the princess, more stress has been added to their day, and are steadily decreasing in health.
They want to see their beloved angel yet once more, but the thought of them out somewhere having to bear with the loneliness, the diseases, the troubles of the world, and most unfortunate - the thought of her dead. (( y'know, i can kinda relate to this. im quite serious ))
Kanei gritted his teeth in anger as he passed the worried workers. He made a fist and clenched it so hard, he swore he was bleeding a little. He couldn't let anyone else see him like this, though. Kanei loosened up, and tried to imagine the place with a happy aura.
As they walked down the hall and creaked open the doors, an elderly woman appeared before his eyes and asked what he was doing here. The aura in the room was more depressing than the others.
Clearing his throat, he stood in attention. He was getting pretty exhausted of introducing himself, now was the third time.

"I am deeply sorry, ma'am, for disrupting and disturbing you and your fellow staff. My name is Prince Kanei Saidu, from Dorrotoria. I would like to inform you that I also would like to participate in the search for Julina. I was wondering if you could tell me about Princess Julina? It would certainly aid my search!"

~~~~~

Gitko knew they had to split up, but not so much that they couldn't see each other. The princess was pretty defenseless against that bear back there, and the wolf probably wouldn't have scared it either. It didn't seem like she'd kill even a fly, and that's why Gitko thought he HAD to protect her! Gitko stated approximately 10 yards away from her to expand some of the search. His senses were not that sharp, but they were sharp enough to see a blue dress and some golden hair.

Gitko was about to yell out the wolf's name, until he realized he didn't know the wolf's name! So instead, he recalled the howl the young wolf managed to yell out, and tried to recreate that with his own voice. Hopefully the wolf would hear it and follow its sound, instead of another hungry adult wolf waiting for supper. But, Gitko could probably take it down with his... staff... He left his staff back there! Searching with his sort of sharp eyes, he found a sharp stick and a light rock. It wouldn't be enough to kill it, but it would be enough to drive it away.
Proud of himself, he started howling every few minutes, hoping the wolf would come.

~~~~~

"Great job, Sam, just great!" Veat cried, sliding down the tree and offering a hand to the sore man.
"I'm sorry, Veat!" Sam apologized, pulling himself up. He started rubbing his backside because... well... he landed on it...
"You scared the ravens away. What do you think is coming for us now?" Veat asked, sighing as he leaned against a tree. Sam hung his head down, but quickly scanned the area for wolves. Constant howls were coming north of them. It didn't seem like it was getting closer, though, but it was worth getting scared for. Veat was already clinging to Sam.
"Pack yer bags son. We're getting clear away from here!" Sam yelled in Veat's ear as the young prince vigorously nodded. "Without climbing trees!"

Status
Not open for further replies.