Rulers of Night [Sign Up]

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 44082
Name: Thanatos "Thane" X Renegade
Element: Water
View attachment 44089
Personality: Devious, arrogant (sometimes), stubborn, protective, closed off, charming, smart, fearless, sweet.
Quirks:
Hates the color pink
Has a soft spot for women/children/animals
Hums to himself sometimes
Surprisingly ticklish
Has a habit of rubbing the back of his neck when stressed/nervous

Greatest Fears:
Bugs invading his home in swarms (bugs)
Being the source of a hormonal womans anger
Crying children
Being burned alive
Waking up in a fluffy pink tutu
View attachment 44091
Brief Bio: Can I rp this?

Relationships:
Mother - Alexia Renegade, deceased.
Father - Jericho Bernard, unknown.
View attachment 44093
Skills:
Silver tongue (skilled in persuasion)
Master swordsmen
Near perfect shot
Extensive knowledge of most engines
Experience in assassination
Stealth
Photographic memory

Description of Powers: Can control, manipulate, and create water on or around him (has about a 30 ft radius). The water he create changes color depending on his mood (Ex: Hes pissed so the water would be blood red).
View attachment 44086

Your character has been approved.

View attachment 44157
Name: Sashira "Sas" Kageyami
View attachment 44155
Personality: Fiery, stubborn, witty, quick, smart, calculating, compassionate, unpredictable, rebellious, sarcastic, protective.
Quirks:
Likes to guess what others are feeling
Constantly thinks theres something in her shoes poking her, only to take it off to find nothing
Plays with her hair when nervous or bored
Quick tempered when it comes to seeing injustice/cruelty, or her family
Always has dog or cat treats with her incase she runs into one

Greatest Fears:
Drowning/Suffocating
Being restrained/locked up
Losing her family
Her family being harmed
Spiders
Being unable to protect those she cares for
View attachment 44156
Brief Bio: Can I rp this?

Relationships:
Father - Adachi
Mother - Ayano
Sister - Rose D'Amboise Kageyami
Brother - Setsuna "Adachi" Kageyami
Uncle - Daichi Kei
Aunt - Hiroku Kei
Cousin - Suzume "Me-me" Kei
Cousin - Yuenn "Yu" Kei

Skills:
Quick/Agile
Master Swordsmen
Expert aim
High intuition
Can read people well
Persuasion
Mixed Martial Arts
Good Singer
Linguist (Italian, French, Japanese, English, Greek)
View attachment 44158

I'm sorry, but I can't currently accept any more investigators. x.x

Your character has been approved.

I'm sorry, but I can't currently accept any more investigators. x.x
Ah okay, ill just make her human I guess =)

I only have one problem with Rose. Dhampirs don't drink blood. What happened when she was seven years of age is impossible, seeing as she would never feel any blood lust in the first place. As such, I would like to ask you two to change this little detail. Once you have, your characters will be approved.
Both your characters have been approved. ^^
I actually have a slight issue with Rose's character. One of her fears "loosing control" feels unneeded and unoriginal to me. We already have two characters with that fear, and that fear does not correlate with her occupation or her personality. I feel like there are much better fears that would fit her than that.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
@Horizon
Even for a ghoul well versed in fighting, your character seems a little bit too strong... or rather, he has way too many powers. If you would limit it to three or four, that'd be great.
I hope you are well aware of that 103 means that he is middle aged and should look...well... as though he's around 40 - 60. You might want to change his age to fit his appearance as well.
Other than that I would say your character seems alright.

Even for a ghoul well versed in fighting, your character seems a little bit too strong... or rather, he has way too many powers. If you would limit it to three or four, that'd be great.
I hope you are well aware of that 103 means that he is middle aged and should look...well... as though he's around 40 - 60. You might want to change his age to fit his appearance as well.
yes I'm aware of that it's a middle age vampire that's while he have a lot of skill because of his long experience in combat and training although I thought they can control their aging process but rapidly age when they are at 180ish? or 190ish? if that's not the case I will change it and I feel that a character that is neutral should be a bit stronger in order to protect himself againts two side if things got a little heated and like I said he is mostly an audience so he won't take part in a fight just yet.....I don't know about too many powers but some are not a fighting skill and is 5 combat skill are that many? I see so vampires are limited with a set of numbers in what they can do with their magic?

oh and the powers in the description are not different kind of powers but the things he can do with fire magic which I thought 1 element is considered "the power" but I never thought things you can do with it will also be categorize as a different form of power.

yes I'm aware of that it's a middle age vampire that's while he have a lot of skill because of his long experience in combat and training although I thought they can control their aging process but rapidly age when they are at 180ish? or 190ish? if that's not the case I will change it and I feel that a character that is neutral should be a bit stronger in order to protect himself againts two side if things got a little heated and like I said he is mostly an audience so he won't take part in a fight just yet.....I don't know about too many powers but some are not a fighting skill and is 5 combat skill are that many? I see so vampires are limited with a set of numbers in what they can do with their magic?
They can't control it, but it's true that they age even slower than that. Still, he'd at least look like he's in his 30's, if not older.
And yes, vampires are limited. They usually just control one or two fields within their elements, so me telling you to limit it to three or four.. was very generous. Of course he can be strong, but if you look at Doomy's characters you'll notice that they're already strong (in fact, somewhat bordering on being OP), and they've got many powers, but fewer than you. Way fewer. He will still be able to protect himself, so don't worry. I won't let characters die that easily, and not without a good reason.

oh and the powers in the description are not different kind of powers but the things he can do with fire magic which I thought 1 element is considered "the power" but I never thought things you can do with it will also be categorize as a different form of power.
Like I mentioned above, vampires are limited to fields within their elements. One vampire might be good at creating fire, another might be good at manipulating what is already there. One might specialize in... I dunno, breathing fire and make spirals of it, while another might create fire rain or bend existing pre existing fire to their will.

Hmm I don't get... is father claudius not accepted? he seems to have many skill also

Like I mentioned above, vampires are limited to fields within their elements. One vampire might be good at creating fire, another might be good at manipulating what is already there. One might specialize in... I dunno, breathing fire and make spirals of it, while another might create fire rain or bend existing pre existing fire to their will.
so can creating lots fire but not be able to manipulate it good while cannot make lots of fire but good at manipulating it?..... hmmmmmmm

umm...I'll delete this post after so it's not cluttering the form thread.. but I think-please don't listen to me because there's a 95% chance that I'm wrong and it's not my place to comment like this :] -

I think that what Gladis is saying is that while their element is their 'power' each thing you can do with the element is an indivudal field and catagory from that power..

let's take fire- I like fire..

so normally fire would be cumped together, so you could burn stuff or maniupulate it, or use it as a projectile all in one..

but I think in this RPG, even though a character is the fire element they can only do a sperficic catagory.. soooo... to take Gladis's examples..

Vampire A can maniupulate an already blazing fire

Vampire B who is of the same element cannot manipulate fire that's already there, but he can create fire.

or (in the rare exception) vampire's A and B can control raging fires and start them, but they cannot throw projectile fire..

they're both fire oriantated, that both do diffrent things with it and are powerful in their own rights because of this :]

but please don't take my word on it, like I said.. I reckon I'm wrong.. :] and sorry for cluttering the thread..and looking at it..I think I'm barking up the wrong tree..

Last edited by a moderator:
umm...I'll delete this post after so it's not cluttering the form thread.. but I think-please don't listen to me because there's a 95% chance that I'm wrong and it's not my place to comment like this :] -
I think that what Gladis is saying is that while their element is their 'power' each thing you can do with the element is an indivudal field and catagory from that power..
let's take fire- I like fire..
so normally fire would be cumped together, so you could burn stuff or maniupulate it, or use it as a projectile all in one..
but I think in this RPG, even though a character is the fire element they can only do a sperficic catagory.. soooo... to take Gladis's examples..
Vampire A can maniupulate an already blazing fire
Vampire B who is of the same element cannot manipulate fire that's already there, but he can create fire.
they're both fire oriantated, that both do diffrent things with it and are powerful in their own rights because of this :]
but please don't take my word on it, like I said.. I reckon I'm wrong.. :] and sorry for cluttering the thread..
hmmm don't worry about but let's take what you just said with a grain of salt
so in other words Vampire A is the attack type while vampire B is the support type because if Vampire B can create the power but cannot manipulate his/her power to become his/her weapon then He/she is pretty much vulnerable if vampire A is not there although as for Vampire A his/her situation is a bit different because he can use the fire or element to become his shield or sword although he is greatly weaken but not too vulnerable because there are lots of ways to create fire even a small fire is a destructive tool for him/her but if that's the case then it pretty much deny my character because his power plays a huge role in his character development some important things that have a lot of emotional impact to him won't happen and as a result he is not the same person anymore.... so again I have to change not just the age but his personality etc but if I think about it vampire B of earth and wind is really useless because earth and winds are everywhere..... does that mean that wind and earth are the master race in this universe?.... hmmm >_>

Reactions: Sepdemonium
*looks thoughtful* I do see the point you're making.. I think..please don't act upon this without Gladis's approvel..she'll bleed me dry! *laughs at joke* I think.. Gladis understands how important that is in terms of your character (I think he's awesome by the way) and that's why she's letting you have three or four of those ablilities :] so instead of having 11 you'd pick the four best ones that you reckon best suit your character in terms of deleopment and personality :] at least..I think that's it..but please don't hold me up to that..as nether GM or mod my opinion is not the best to go on :]

if that's the case I will just completely rewrite my character because almost all skill requires the ability of both Vampire A and B at the same time in order for it to be used proficiently... I feel that having a skill but one cannot use it is not fun to play and it will be hard to rewrite especially if I don't know the line between weak and strong.

no need to appologise, you should hear me when I talk about some of my characters :]

*nods slowly* I see.. I'm sorry that I can't be of much help in this regard.. the only thing you can do I suppose is explain to Gladis what you've told me and see if you can reach a happy medium where you can have your powers to the point that your character's story can be how you like... but Gladis can still be happy that it fits her ideal of vampires, would that help any? :] though if it helps, I know how hard it can be to find a happy medium between GM and rpgier.. but Gladis is a pretty nice RPGier/GM so I'm sure that between the two of you.. something will be agreed that you'll both be happy with :]

I'm just sorry I couldn't help any..

edit: I'll delete my posts once things have being resolved :] just in case anyone needs to refer back to them :] edit extra: might not be on tomorrow..if I'm not I'll be on sunday..but if I am on tomorrow I won't be on sunday :]

I actually have a slight issue with Rose's character. One of her fears "loosing control" feels unneeded and unoriginal to me. We already have two characters with that fear, and that fear does not correlate with her occupation or her personality. I feel like there are much better fears that would fit her than that.
That actually will be taken out anyway so it'll just be the two left.

Really? I would say 103 is more like a young adult.... like late twenties, early thirties. Claudius is 130 something and he only looks like 35-43 O.o;

That actually will be taken out anyway so it'll just be the two left.
I can help you come up with more if you want, sorta my job as a GM to help peeps :D

Hey guys~

I saw this discussion and decided to say some things that have been bothering me a bit...

Vampires...So basically most of the RPers are making their vampires literally almost if not perfect guys, I mean, they can use magic, guns, blades, have all the vampire enhance (I have no complains with this one), they know +3 languages, and so the list goes making them...perfect, and like they are perfect, that also makes them OP at the time of battling...

Status
Not open for further replies.